PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Harris

GuerillaBlack
10-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Why is this guy not playing. We traded up to get him in the second round, but he hasn't seen the field in the regular season yet. Last year, okay fine. This year? He needs to play. There were some good players selected around him.

rmartin65
10-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Why is this guy not playing. We traded up to get him in the second round, but he hasn't seen the field in the regular season yet. Last year, okay fine. This year? He needs to play. There were some good players selected around him.

Its one of life's great mysteries. He must look really, really terrible in practice to never see the field.

Rey
10-15-2012, 08:32 AM
I'm not convinced that Harris sucks ass in practice.

I've seen him play in pre season and he doesnt look like a total scrub. I really think this (and maybe even the mercilus situation) is one of those deals where the coaching staff is too slow to react.

How bad is Brandon Harris in his limited practice reps that they think he'll do a worse job in coverage than Alan ball?

Look how backwards some of our defensive personnel decisions have been. You release Troy Nolan, keep shilo keo right?

Well why the hell would you release Nolan and keep keo and Nolan is playing over him as soon as he comes back?

So you released a guy that is obviously a better player?

You draft merci in the first round and say a this stuff about how he'll be playing in pass rushing situations. Bull****.

You trade up for Brandon Harris and don't play him over Alan ball? How could he possibly be worse in coverage?

Barwin has done almost nothing. Maybe he will improve. I'm not a merci fan but jeez, play the guy at least a few pass rushing snaps. You went on and on about how the guy was the best pass rusher in college and how he caused so many things to happen. You said you'd even consider playing him WITH barwin and reed to get your best on the field...

Haven't seen it.

I'm not ready to say Brandon Harris not playing is an indictment of his ability. Might just be a goofy coaching decision.

chicagotexan2
10-15-2012, 08:40 AM
Man I don't get it either. Did the Texans really blow this pick? At the same time I think if they dump him, he'll go off somewhere else and end up being productive.

TimeKiller
10-15-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm not ready to say Brandon Harris not playing is an indictment of his ability. Might just be a goofy coaching decision.

Well, it's one of the two for sure.

Nolan has been playing an awful lot, hasn't he? And Keo...goodness...there are definitely some wonky decisions going on with the backend. How 'bout sitting Joseph down until he recovers health or recovers the mindset of "I'm a top-flight cornerback"? Seeing him getting burned over and over is getting old real quick. At least it was by a legitimate QB this time.

I think we'll start seeing Mercilus next week. You don't draft a pass rush guy with a 1st and sit him in the face of 2 total sacks from your OLBs. He knows how to rush. You don't have to teach him the whole defense. Stand here, go tackle that.....

One thing is for sure, the Texans came to play football. The Packers came to sell us deoderant, insurance, apps, all kinds of ****....oh yeah, and to hang 6 TDs on a hyped up defense. Either losing Cushing was 10x the blow we could ever imagine or they just got exposed!

TexanSam
10-15-2012, 08:49 AM
After last night's game, I wonder how many changes Wade will make (if any)? I'd like to see Harris play just to see what he can do out there.

RagingBull
10-15-2012, 10:06 AM
I dunno, but it seems like Bryan Brahman deserves to play some...he was the only guy that showed up last night besides JJ Watt.

HOU-TEX
10-15-2012, 10:19 AM
I dunno, but it seems like Bryan Brahman deserves to play some...he was the only guy that showed up last night besides JJ Watt.

Can he cover WRs and TEs? Pass rush isn't going to get there every play. Our secondary was lit up like a christmas tree. I haven't seen a D this bad in a couple years

texanhead08
10-15-2012, 10:24 AM
The o-line was awful last night as well. Schaub was hurried on just about every throw and 2.0 ypg speaks for itself.

utahmark
10-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Can he cover WRs and TEs? Pass rush isn't going to get there every play. Our secondary was lit up like a christmas tree. I haven't seen a D this bad in a couple years

They need to find someone to get to the qb besides JJ Watt.

eriadoc
10-15-2012, 11:10 AM

I've been of this opinion for some time. As I have said several times, Kubiak and Co. just have too many WTF moments for me to trust that he knows what he's doing enough to be a really good head coach.

HOU-TEX
10-15-2012, 11:31 AM
They need to find someone to get to the qb besides JJ.

Like I said, the pass rush will not get there every time. We have to be able to cover and they weren't.

Let's just say it was a very bad defensive performance overall. Front end, back end and coaching all had a bad outing. Heck, go ahead and throw the rest of the team in there too. They all laid an egg

TexanSam
10-15-2012, 11:40 AM
I've been of this opinion for some time. As I have said several times, Kubiak and Co. just have too many WTF moments for me to trust that he knows what he's doing enough to be a really good head coach.

I'm not sure how much Harris not playing is Kubiak's decision. I'm sure he has input, but if Wade thought he could help the defense then I think he'd have him on the field. Or maybe he just has a soft spot for Alan Ball.

Perki-Perk
10-15-2012, 11:45 AM
I'm not sure how much Harris not playing is Kubiak's decision. I'm sure he has input, but if Wade thought he could help the defense then I think he'd have him on the field. Or maybe he just has a soft spot for Alan Ball.

...and Bradie James. I'd almost advocate throwing Harris and Ruud out there to see what they can do. I have a good feeling about Ruud. I hope he catches on quick. We need a hype man on D! Brahman maybe?

Vinny
10-15-2012, 11:45 AM
I was critical of his play in the preseason...I was a little surprised he made the team. I thought they kept him to save face...so I'm not shocked he isn't playing much.

utahmark
10-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Like I said, the pass rush will not get there every time. We have to be able to cover and they weren't.

Let's just say it was a very bad defensive performance overall. Front end, back end and coaching all had a bad outing. Heck, go ahead and throw the rest of the team in there too. They all laid an egg

Wade's defense is built on being able to get to the qb quickly. They need to get there more often than they did last night.

Vinny
10-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Wade's defense is built on being able to get to the qb quickly. They need to get there more often than they did last night.our best pass rushers are 3-4 DE's. Nice to have but that's kinda scary when you run a 3-4.

dtran04
10-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Lets not let Wade off the hook either. Same thing happened last yr vs the saints. They spread you out and pretty much know you are man to man every play. Luckily for the texans there are only a few QBs that have the capability of doing that.

Being run on in their dime package will always be a problem.

Rey
10-15-2012, 11:53 AM
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Troy Nolan/Shilo Keo thing.

You cut a guy in favor of another guy. Then when you bring that cut player back, he's playing over the guy that you kept....

Is Shilo really that much of an asset to special teams that you'd cut a player that you think is a better help on defense?

rolyat93
10-15-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the Troy Nolan/Shilo Keo thing.

You cut a guy in favor of another guy. Then when you bring that cut player back, he's playing over the guy that you kept....

Is Shilo really that much of an asset to special teams that you'd cut a player that you think is a better help on defense?

Remember when Kubes said that if you are only playing ST, you better be "special".:vincepalm:

Playoffs
10-15-2012, 12:44 PM

Exactly, Wade/Vance makes those calls. Word is, and has been, that Harris plays slow.

eriadoc
10-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Exactly, Wade/Vance makes those calls. Word is, and has been, that Harris plays slow.

And no one noticed that before they spent a 2nd round pick on him?

silvrhand
10-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Not only is our second round pick sitting, so is our first round from this year.

Vinny
10-15-2012, 02:08 PM
And no one noticed that before they spent a 2nd round pick on him?For some reason this Franchise has had a hard time valuing CB's no matter who the coach has been. The Packers appreciate Pro Bowler Tramon Williams (http://www.tramonwilliams-38.com/) though... Dude couldn't make our team.

76Texan
10-15-2012, 02:15 PM

Brandon Harris is a Wade's pick, just as Mercilus is.

HOU-TEX
10-15-2012, 02:16 PM
For some reason this Franchise has had a hard time valuing CB's no matter who the coach has been. The Packers appreciate Pro Bowler Tramon Williams (http://www.tramonwilliams-38.com/) though... Dude couldn't make our team.

You sure? I mean, our GM says DBs are his specialty

*sarcastic comment above*

76Texan
10-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Wade's records on CBs are not any better.

He drafted Michael Jenkins in the first round. Now in his fifth year, Jenkins became a bench player behind Brandon Carr and rookie Claiborne.

He played Jacques Reeves when Newman was hurt.

Now, he brought in Allan NoBall and played him over his own two draft picks (Harris and Carmichael.)

:scarygirl:

Playoffs
10-15-2012, 02:48 PM
Brandon Harris is a Wade's pick, just as Mercilus is.

Just as Brooks Reed was taken ahead of Harris in that same round/year.

2nd rounders are about 50/50 hit/miss, so it's not that awful. If it makes you feel any better, the Steelers loved Harris and were attempting to trade up to get him as well.