PDA

View Full Version : 5-0?

PandapuffTexan
10-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Everyone is saying we only 5-0 becuase we played horrible teams. But that same titan team we destroyed out right out played ben and beat the steelers..suddenly our scedule doesn't look so weak..

b0ng
10-11-2012, 11:02 PM
Everyone is saying we only 5-0 becuase we played horrible teams. But that same titan team we destroyed out right out played ben and beat the steelers..suddenly our scedule doesn't look so weak..

Titans are still a garbage team. Steelers were just a walking MASH unit right now and the Titans still needed some luck on their side with Pitt dropping a pretty easy pick on the last drive.

Premier
10-12-2012, 12:11 AM
haters will always have something to say..

you win by 30 - you havent played anybody..
you win a tight game - you barely beat them and they suck.
you lose - damn you guys cant even beat them..

let them keep talking..

Norg
10-12-2012, 03:29 AM
the dolphins are better then expected

the jags beat the colts

denver beat the raiders or beat the steelers

its a cluter mess so far IMO

TheMatrix31
10-12-2012, 07:07 AM
"Haters"

...gross.

Texan_Bill
10-12-2012, 07:11 AM
:yawn:

I don't care about anything or anyone other than the Texans and their next opponent.

Thorn
10-12-2012, 07:18 AM
meh....we're 5-0 and everyone else in the AFC isn't. Let 'em piss and moan about it while we laugh at them.

Texan_Bill
10-12-2012, 07:20 AM
meh....we're 5-0 and everyone else in the AFC isn't. Let 'em piss and moan about it while we laugh at them.

Feeling particularly crusty this morning?? :kitten:

SheTexan
10-12-2012, 07:42 AM
Enjoy the ride!! IF we come out 5-1 Sunday night, the bandwagon will be a lot lighter!!

Playoffs
10-12-2012, 08:44 AM
..suddenly our scedule doesn't look so weak..
Mmmm, yeah it does.

thunderkyss
10-12-2012, 09:02 AM
meh....we're 5-0 and everyone else in the AFC isn't.

No one else is..... right?

I know grammar is not all that important right now, but then again, this thread is about worthless any way right?

HOU-TEX
10-12-2012, 09:18 AM
What's up with all these goofy ass threads lately? Good gracious

This one saying the titans are great. Another telling me undefeated is overrated. And some cat has trust issues with Schaub and Kubiak. :shrug:

Texan_Bill
10-12-2012, 09:23 AM
What's up with all these goofy ass threads lately? Good gracious

This one saying the titans are great. Another telling me undefeated is overrated. And some cat has trust issues with Schaub and Kubiak. :shrug:

I hear you my brother. :vincepalm:

Double Barrel
10-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Are some Texans fans just conditioned to be hand-wringers?

I think the "any given Sunday" logic is not understood by those that try to downplay 5-0.

Nobody is going to steal my joy of having a good team that we can expect to win. It's been a long time around these parts since we've been able to say that, and I'm certainly not going to let the Eeyore Patrol piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

GO TEXANS! :texflag:

HOU-TEX
10-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Are some Texans fans just conditioned to be hand-wringers?

I think the "any given Sunday" logic is not understood by those that try to downplay 5-0.

Nobody is going to steal my joy of having a good team that we can expect to win. It's been a long time around these parts since we've been able to say that, and I'm certainly not going to let the Eeyore Patrol piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

GO TEXANS! :texflag:

Had to rep you for the Eeyore reference. Friggin love that jackass!

Thorn
10-12-2012, 09:33 AM
No one else is..... right?

I know grammar is not all that important right now, but then again, this thread is about worthless any way right?

My grammer is as perfect as the Texans current record. :splits:

GP
10-12-2012, 09:43 AM
I don't care for NFL Math. "Well our Team A has beaten Team B, but team B had beaten Team C...so we're clearly better than BOTH those teams."

It doesn't work that way. You need some fortunate bounces of the ball, you need momentum, you need confidence, you need your players to play their best every week, you need other teams to shoot themselves in the foot. And frankly I wasn't surprised the Steelers lost, I never penciled them in as a sure-win anyways.

There are a few teams who are genuinely GOOD week in and week out this season: Us, 49ers, Falcons, Giants, Patriots, and then some Cinderella teams like Chicago and Baltimore who will be wild card teams who don't have the horses to beat the top teams but still get attention right now in the reg season by virtue of their record. Everyone else is up one week, down the next, and that's what you have with teams like Steelers and Titans.

We're going to sweep the Titans, we're going to sweep the Jaguars, and I predict we split with the Colts (we'll win ours at home, lose the one in Indy). Meanwhile, Titans will run off and get beaten by some dismal teams along the way. The Steelers are just no longer formidable and everyone knows it.

Norg
10-12-2012, 02:10 PM
its true tho right now the AFC is a mess every team has 3 losses cept the Texans and ravens

Hervoyel
10-12-2012, 02:49 PM
You play the team that's in front of you every week. If we've played no one then we should be 5-0 right? Well, we're 5-0 so I don't see the problem. When we face a team with a winning record they'll be playing one too. How many of their wins "don't matter" because they came against bad teams?

We're undefeated, I'm having fun, and I don't think the Texans or any of us owe anyone an apology for that.

The Pencil Neck
10-12-2012, 02:53 PM
I think I said this in another thread but it bears repeating.

The Dolphins went 17-0 and are hailed as a great team. But during the regular season, they only played 2 teams with winning records and NO playoff teams.

Just go out and beat whoever you're playing. Take care of your own business.

DBCooper
10-12-2012, 02:57 PM
its true tho right now the AFC is a mess every team has 3 losses cept the Texans and ravens

Hey buddy, try a different website (like NFL.com) that has more accurate standings.

Vinny
10-12-2012, 03:07 PM
You play the team that's in front of you every week. If we've played no one then we should be 5-0 right? Well, we're 5-0 so I don't see the problem. When we face a team with a winning record they'll be playing one too. How many of their wins "don't matter" because they came against bad teams?

We're undefeated, I'm having fun, and I don't think the Texans or any of us owe anyone an apology for that.agreed...The Patriots steamroll the hapless Bills and the can't get out of my own way Dolphins 4 times each year....you just gotta roll over the bad teams and beat the good ones. That's just how its done.

Double Barrel
10-12-2012, 03:18 PM
History shows that bad teams can beat good teams. Happens all the time. I just think back to 2006 when the 6-10 Texans finally beat the eventual Super Bowl champion Colts on Christmas eve.

THAT WAS OUR SUPER BOWL!!! :winky: hehe

infantrycak
10-12-2012, 04:40 PM

We're undefeated, I'm having fun, and I don't think the Texans or any of us owe anyone an apology for that.

Yup.

I posted this in a thread in the NFL section. The following is the collective number of wins of all the teams each of the top ranked teams has beaten:

Atlanta - 9
Houston - 9
San Francisco - 7
Baltimore - 7

BullBlitz
10-14-2012, 08:02 AM

The only thing that any team can do is play the schedule that's been given to them, so it's great that we are 5-0, but those opponents are 8-17. That is admittedly pretty weak.

b0ng
10-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Really good teams squash mediocre to bad competition repeatedly. If there were gigantic glaring weaknesses it would be case for all the "concern" threads popping up, but there's really not.

hradhak
10-14-2012, 01:06 PM
5-0 is an accomplishment in the NFL, regardless of who you play. The toughest part of our schedule is still to come. Just beat the team on the field, that's all that matters

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

BullBlitz
10-14-2012, 01:11 PM
5-0 is an accomplishment in the NFL, regardless of who you play. The toughest part of our schedule is still to come. Just beat the team on the field, that's all that matters

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yes, definitely agree.

Thorn
10-14-2012, 02:52 PM
This mental concept of going 1-0 each week and not worrying about the schedule seems to be working. We will not go 16-0 this year, but each win puts us ahead in the playoff season scheduling. That Patsies game is going to be a very important game in that regard.

Kgbmedic
10-14-2012, 03:52 PM
This mental concept of going 1-0 each week and not worrying about the schedule seems to be working. We will not go 16-0 this year, but each win puts us ahead in the playoff season scheduling. That Patsies game is going to be a very important game in that regard.

Why not I say, it isn't like it is impossible. I perfer to be optimistic about it. The narrative works better as undefeated Texans. At least in my world, during this season it does.

hradhak
10-14-2012, 04:06 PM
I maybe biased, but watching the Ravens Cowboys game this week gave me confidence that we are significantly better than the Ravens. The Ravens defense is just not as scary as it used to be and Flacco is Flacco. I'd say that the only thing the Ravens are better at is Special teams (ugh, Jacoby is better than what we've got right now).

I'm also not that convinced that the Falcons are as great as their record shows. They have struggled against the Raiders and Carolina, both teams that are not all that great. I do think SF is the best team in the NFC and have been dominant in most of their games.

Only time will tell, that's why they play the games, but my guess is that the Falcons are going to hit a few game losing streak, and SF will have a better record at the end of the regular season

Luv_ya_blue
10-14-2012, 04:40 PM
WEEK ONE
WIN: 30-10
RECORD: 1-O
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/7/150/thumbs/875.gif
3-3 w/wins over Raiders, Bengals & Rams
Top 10 NFL ranking in Off. Rushing Yards per game
#1 NFL ranking in Rushing Yards allowed per game

WEEK TWO
WIN: 27-7
RECORD: 2-0
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/7/159/thumbs/eakbhfhxnv31fffgnct3ltlrd.gif
1-4 w/win over Colts
32nd in NFL stats in almost everything--they suck!

WEEK THREE
WIN: 31-25
RECORD: 3-0
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/7/161/thumbs/9ebzja2zfeigaziee8y605aqp.gif
2-3 w/wins over Steelers & Raiders
Top 10 NFL ranking in: Pts per game, Off. yds per game, Off. passing yds per game

WEEK FOUR
WIN: 38-14
RECORD: 4-0
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/7/160/thumbs/1053.gif
2-4 w/wins over Lions & Steelers
15th in NFL in Off. Passing yds per game

WEEK FIVE
WIN: 24-17
RECORD: 5-0
http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/7/152/thumbs/v7tehkwthrwefgounvi7znf5k.gif
3-3 w/wins over Bills, Dolphins & Colts
5th in NFL in Def. Passing yds allowed

Thorn
10-14-2012, 06:09 PM
Why not I say, it isn't like it is impossible. I perfer to be optimistic about it. The narrative works better as undefeated Texans. At least in my world, during this season it does.

You don't have to be 16-0 to win a Super Bowl, which is all that matters. Besides, 16-0 is to much of a mental strain. What we need to shoot for is home field advantage in the playoffs and take it from there.

Kgbmedic
10-15-2012, 10:57 AM
You don't have to be 16-0 to win a Super Bowl, which is all that matters. Besides, 16-0 is to much of a mental strain. What we need to shoot for is home field advantage in the playoffs and take it from there.

Well it is impossible to go undefeated now. Still optimistic about the team. I know what you were saying. I was just feeling literal that day.