PDA

View Full Version : I Still Dont Trust the KUBIAK & SCHAUB Regime

DaTruthExplodes
10-11-2012, 08:38 PM
First time here long time suffering texan fan since the very beginning.

I know we have a gaudy 5-0 record and kubiak is getting a lot of superficial praise by outsiders but to me, he is still the same old kubiak.

His play calling still perplexes me (his perpetual 2nd & 10 run plays are driving me insane), he still doesnt give ben tate enough reps, he still trots out kevin walter and kareem jackson out there, joe marciano is still out there (still loyal to a fault & detrimental to team success), & his conservative philosophy will cost us dearly later on in the season.

As for schaub, ive been one of his biggest critics. He gained a lot of respect from me in that denver game but i still dont trust him. Our offense stalls far too many times and we have to settle for field goals. His decision making is still shaky and i worry how he will fare in the postseason. I dont understand how a guy who has never played in the playoffs and is always injured have so much support in this town.

Yes, we are 5-0, but it looks like fool's gold to me. We havent played anybody that you can say is a great team. We should beat Green Bay but the pack are not the same and are injured. Baltimore should provide a stiff test but i feel like we have to beat the patriots in order for our greatness to be verified.

infantrycak
10-11-2012, 08:44 PM
Welcome to the MB.

Be kind people.

GlassHalfFull
10-11-2012, 08:46 PM
Cak, can you just merge with the other Kub thread?

Sigh.

TdotTexas2Step
I guess a way of looking at this is that almost everything you posted is FAIR to say.

But the thing about trotting out Walter and Jackson out there definitely has me perplexed. Walter has been pretty decent and Jackson is playing the best football of his pro career.

Playoffs
5-0 is pyrite, I'm telling ya, it's pyyyyrite! http://www.discussionworldforum.com/forum/images/smilies/pullhair.gif

2slik4u
10-11-2012, 08:48 PM

I know we have a gaudy 5-0 record and kubiak is getting a lot of superficial praise by outsiders but to me, he is still the same old kubiak.

His play calling still perplexes me (his perpetual 2nd & 10 run plays are driving me insane), he still doesnt give ben tate enough reps, he still trots out kevin walter and kareem jackson out there, joe marciano is still out there (still loyal to a fault & detrimental to team success), & his conservative philosophy will cost us dearly later on in the season.

He runs on second and long to make it 3rd and short. Smart call when you have the best RB in the league. Ben Tate gets enough reps when needed. If the game calls for more Tate, the game gets more Ben Tate. KW is a phenomenal blocker and KJ is playing out of his mind right now. Not sure what you have been watching. I agree that we can upgrade Marciano.

As for schaub, ive been one of his biggest critics. He gained a lot of respect from me in that denver game but i still dont trust him. Our offense stalls far too many times and we have to settle for field goals. His decision making is still shaky and i worry how he will fare in the postseason. I dont understand how a guy who has never played in the playoffs and is always injured have so much support in this town.

He is an extremely smart QB that makes great decisions. He has thrown only 2 INT's this season and has lead us to a 5-0 record. He runs the play action bootleg better than any QB in the league. I feel (as do most on here) unbeleivably confident with Schaub leading us into the playoffs.

Yes, we are 5-0, but it looks like fool's gold to me. We havent played anybody that you can say is a great team. We should beat Green Bay but the pack are not the same and are injured. Baltimore should provide our stiffest test but i feel like we have to beat the patriots in order for our greatness to be verified.

Correct, we havent played anyone as of yet but we are 5-0....meaning we have taken care of business in the games where we should have. Our team is running like a well oiled machine right now and Kubiak's play calling is part of the reason for the success. Hes never going to air it out like Mike Smith, Mike McCarthy, or even Jim Schwartz for that matter. We play balanced, sound football here in Houston and thats because our team is so balanced. Im more afraid of Green Bay (Aaron Rodgers specifically) over Baltimore. I think we match up better against Baltimore.

Wolf
10-11-2012, 08:54 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/022/102/BoomGoesTheDynamite.jpg?1255139699

GlassHalfFull
10-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Kubiak playcalling going conservative late:

Denver game - those 2 brutal hits in a row Schaub got, what was he doing on those plays? Anyone remember? Oh yes, going downfield. My theory in that game is Kubiak decided not to get his QB killed after that.

Jets game - The secondary was covered. Schaub had a ton of time in the pocket and had to throw it away many times. After his interception, I think he was told to protect the ball at all costs. Jets were doing a great job, ergo going to the run.

I call this good adjustments. But, we all know I am the resident optimist :glasshalffull:

infantrycak
10-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Cak, can you just merge with the other Kub thread?

Sigh.

I would normally but figured let this stand as his/her introduction thread.

DaTruthExplodes
10-11-2012, 08:58 PM
Welcome to the MB.

Be kind people.

I would normally but figured let this stand as his/her introduction thread.

thank you kindly sir. I hope you guys are not as strict as the houstontexans.com message board mods. Those guys are out of control.

Correct, we havent played anyone as of yet but we are 5-0....meaning we have taken care of business in the games where we should have. Our team is running like a well oiled machine right now and Kubiak's play calling is part of the reason for the success. Hes never going to air it out like Mike Smith, Mike McCarthy, or even Jim Schwartz for that matter. We play balanced, sound football here in Houston and thats because our team is so balanced. Im more afraid of Green Bay (Aaron Rodgers specifically) over Baltimore. I think we match up better against Baltimore.

I just dont like Kubiak's conservative play not to lose philosophy. I wish he would adapt a ballsy, aggressive, play to win Bill Bellicheck attitude.

Screw not trying to ruffle opposing coaches sensibilities. Go for a touchdown. Step on their throats and put up 40. I hate Kubiak always trying to be nice.

Lurvinator11
10-11-2012, 09:02 PM
But the thing about trotting out Walter and Jackson out there definitely has me perplexed. Walter has been pretty decent and Jackson is playing the best football of his pro career.

I agree with you there. This guy is like restating every negative complaint about the team in the past 3 or 4 years.

Just for thought, I'm sure that it is Wade's decision to play KJax, not Kubiak.

Yes, Kjax is playing the best football we have ever seen him play.

infantrycak
10-11-2012, 09:04 PM
thank you kindly sir. I hope you guys are not as strict as the houstontexans.com message board mods. Those guys are out of control.

Well that is going to depend on what you are talking about.

Just an FYI to you - the admins/mods here for the most part were the people who set up the original houstontexans.com MB. We left about four years ago and found a new home here with the site's owner Hookem' Horns who is kind enough to provide it for us.

My suggestion would be join in but hang back some to get a feel for the MB rather than jumping in thinking it is a free for all. Again, welcome.

2slik4u
10-11-2012, 09:05 PM

I just dont like Kubiak's conservative play not to lose philosophy. I wish he would adapt a ballsy, aggressive, play to win Bill Bellicheck attitude.Screw not trying to ruffle opposing coaches sensibilities. Go for a touchdown. Step on their throats and put up 40. I hate Kubiak always trying to be nice.

I understand but Belichik's team is built differently. He has two TE's that are basically glorified WR's on steroids...oh yeah they are also on the field at the same time probably 75% of the time running routes as well. He also has a WR that has averaged 100+ receptions for the past 5 years running. He also has a WR that was just brought in that can stretch the field as good as anyone in the biz. One more thing, he has a QB that is widely considered as one of the best QBs to ever play the game. That isnt taking anything away from Schaub.

As you can see both teams are built completely differently and it is evident in their play calling. Its not as easy as Madden, bro.

DaTruthExplodes
10-11-2012, 09:08 PM
Well that is going to depend on what you are talking about.

Just an FYI to you - the admins/mods here for the most part were the people who set up the original houstontexans.com MB. We left about four years ago and found a new home here with the site's owner Hookem' Horns who is kind enough to provide it for us.

My suggestion would be join in but hang back some to get a feel for the MB rather than jumping in thinking it is a free for all. Again, welcome.

will do boss. ive been lurking past couple days and i can definitely say this site is much better than the team site one.

2slik4u
10-11-2012, 09:10 PM
will do boss. ive been lurking past couple days and i can definitely say this site is much better than the team site one.

A little tip:

Try to keep your threads more fact based than opinion based...

You will get better reception that way. Welcome to the boards.

DaTruthExplodes
10-11-2012, 09:15 PM
I understand but Belichik's team is built differently. He has two TE's that are basically glorified WR's on steroids...oh yeah they are also on the field at the same time probably 75% of the time running routes as well. He also has a WR that has averaged 100+ receptions for the past 5 years running. He also has a WR that was just brought in that can stretch the field as good as anyone in the biz. One more thing, he has a QB that is widely considered as one of the best QBs to ever play the game. That isnt taking anything away from Schaub.

As you can see both teams are built completely differently and it is evident in their play calling. Its not as easy as Madden, bro.

to me its more about Kubiak's philosphy and mental approach and decision making.

Kubiak plain and simple doesnt have a killer instinct like other coaches. He's too nice and doesnt take any chances. He's too bland and not a dynamic enough thinker.

DaTruthExplodes
10-11-2012, 09:16 PM
A little tip:

opinion based threads are more fun.

Wolf
10-11-2012, 09:17 PM
not sure.. Denver game I didn't notice much difference in playcalling (I could be wrong) just not connecting with deep passes

NastyNate
10-11-2012, 09:17 PM

Well you can't say *****, ******, ********, ****, ****, ****, *****, or David C#$$, but other than that it's pretty relaxed! :splits:

Wolf
10-11-2012, 09:18 PM

yes they are fun, but as long as one isn't stating them as fact

Luv_ya_blue
10-11-2012, 09:19 PM

Sounds like another member of the NSZ.

:tiphat:
Welcome

DaTruthExplodes
10-11-2012, 09:20 PM
yes they are fun, but as long as one isn't stating them as fact

why not?

that's when the fun starts as people try to prove the poster's opinion wrong.

CloakNNNdagger
A little tip:

At least a healthy mix of both.

BTW welcome to the board.:tiphat:

HJam72
Few things I don't think I had really thought about in years past:

When you control the clock and eat time in games, you accomplish 2 primary goals: 1) you wear out the opposing defense by keeping them on the field more than yours (especially if you run a lot), 2) when you burn clock between plays, you have fewer plays in a season and, therefore, fewer injuries. So, using the hurry-up offense the whole game (or especially season) could be detrimental to your team's health, even if it is effective.

Kubiak does this. He calls run plays that get 5 yds. on 2nd and 3 or 8 yds. on 2nd and 10. He calls for a screen to James Casey when nobody in the whole stadium is paying any attention to James Casey. I don't know why he thinks Foster can carry the ball 400 times in a season a get away with it, but he does a lot of things right, whether they seem exciting or not.

Only thing I KNOW Kubiak does wrong is choosing a DC...

DaTruthExplodes
10-11-2012, 09:31 PM
Few things I don't think I had really thought about in years past:

When you control the clock and eat time in games, you accomplish 2 primary goals: 1) you wear out the opposing defense by keeping them on the field more than yours (especially if you run a lot), 2) when you burn clock between plays, you have fewer plays in a season and, therefore, fewer injuries. So, using the hurry-up offense the whole game (or especially season) could be detrimental to your team's health, even if it is effective.

Kubiak does this. He calls run plays that get 5 yds. on 2nd and 3 or 8 yds. on 2nd and 10. He calls for a screen to James Casey when nobody in the whole stadium is paying any attention to James Casey. I don't know why he thinks Foster can carry the ball 400 times in a season a get away with it, but he does a lot of things right, whether they seem exciting or not.

Only thing I KNOW Kubiak does wrong is choosing a DC...

what about sticking with underperforming players (travis johnson,zac diles,amobi okoye, jacoby jones, kevin walter, and now his latest project kareem jackson) for far too long? Looks like conor barwin will be joining that list soon.

NastyNate
10-11-2012, 09:41 PM
what about sticking with underperforming players (travis johnson,zac diles,amobi okoye, jacoby jones, kevin walter, and now his latest project kareem jackson) for far too long? Looks like conor barwin will be joining that list soon.

If you don't think Kareem Jackson is playing excellent football this year then you've already played your hand.

thunderkyss
10-11-2012, 09:43 PM
I just dont like Kubiak's conservative play not to lose philosophy. I wish he would adapt a ballsy, aggressive, play to win Bill Bellicheck attitude.

Screw not trying to ruffle opposing coaches sensibilities. Go for a touchdown. Step on their throats and put up 40. I hate Kubiak always trying to be nice.

I think this gets overplayed.

When the offense is clicking, Kubiak keeps pushing. If we're struggling to get a 3rd & 1, or a positive gain on 1st down... he eases up a bit. Just like you & the rest of us, Kubiak probably doesn't trust this team to not let little mistakes snowball us out of games.

Snake bitten maybe, but I'm okay with that. He'll play his game, get his points, until that's not good enough to win. We'll beat some teams by 20+ some teams by 6. I'm good with that. But if Matt keeps throwing the ball into coverage, like he was Monday night, or if Arian keeps tripping over his own feet, like our OL was in the second half... I'm fine with playing the field position game & asking our defense to win the game.

Part of the luxury of building a well balanced team.

bye-the-bye, I bet Ben Tate would have gotten more carries Monday night, if he had suited up.

DaTruthExplodes
10-11-2012, 09:43 PM
If you don't think Kareem Jackson is playing excellent football this year then you've already played your hand.

kareem has improved slightly considering he was atrocious his rookie year. There's only one way to go if you're at the very bottom. I still think he's a weak link being covered up by an excellent pass rush.

2slik4u
10-11-2012, 09:44 PM

Was Johnson gone before Kubiak got here?

Diles was backup.

Amobi was a bust but he was a first round bust. You can cut ties with a first rounder after 2-3 years. Too much invested.

Jacoby was garbage...I think everyone was perplexed on this one.

Not sure what you have against the "cap friendly" Kevin walter but the dude is a great asset to this team.

Once again, Kareem Jackson was a first rounder. Do you want him to cut him in his third year???? Im glad you arent our coach although I wish you were another one of our opponents coaches. The kid is playing at a pretty high level this season so I think you need to either watch the games a little closer or quit watching the past two years of games

In regards to your Kareem Jackson hatred...are you actually EllisUnit????

2slik4u
10-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Was Johnson gone before Kubiak got here?

Diles was backup.

Amobi was a bust but he was a first round bust. You can cut ties with a first rounder after 2-3 years. Too much invested.

Jacoby was garbage...I think everyone was perplexed on this one.

Not sure what you have against the "cap friendly" Kevin walter but the dude is a great asset to this team.

Once again, Kareem Jackson was a first rounder. Do you want him to cut him in his third year???? Im glad you arent our coach although I wish you were another one of our opponents coaches. The kid is playing at a pretty high level this season so I think you need to either watch the games a little closer or quit watching the past two years of games

In regards to your Kareem Jackson hatred...are you actually EllisUnit????

Just looked on TJ, he was here for two years when Kubiak was here. Not sure that is considered a "long time".

thunderkyss
10-11-2012, 09:52 PM
kareem has improved slightly considering he was atrocious his rookie year. There's only one way to go if you're at the very bottom. I still think he's a weak link being covered up by an excellent pass rush.

Watch how long QBs are having to hold on to the football. Our pass rush owes more to our coverage this year than it did last year or anytime before since Kubiak has been here. Most of the sacks are coming after 3 seconds, our pass rush means our secondary doesn't have to cover for more than 4.

kiwitexansfan
10-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Well you can't say *****, ******, ********, ****, ****, ****, *****, or David C#$$, but other than that it's pretty relaxed! :splits:

David Carr, David Carr, David Carr.

See you can say it.

As for the OPs points.

KW is vital to the teams scheme with his run blocking and the guy seems to get open quite a lot.

KJ is also much improved and I don't think it is pass rush making him look good because outside Watt not sure we are killing it on the pressure. In fact pretty sure a lot of people are riding Barwin pretty hard for being a non factor and our ILBs don't get much push either.

As for Kubiak, you can see a gradual improvement every season he's been here so you can't really complain too much surely. It is pretty obvious he would rather be sure of holding a lead than try to expand it and risk losing it, and so far that hasn't failed. His one fault is probably loyalty, but I am sure that same loyalty is rewarded and returned by his team so it is a double edged sword.

DBCooper
10-11-2012, 10:15 PM

You really need to take Walter and KJ off this list.

Walter is one of the hardest working players in football. Most teams would benifit from having him.

And no love for KJ? He is playing phenomenal! One our best defensive players at the moment.

You want a job scouting for the tacks?

NastyNate
10-11-2012, 10:21 PM

And there it is. You're officially relegated to premier and ckhouston status...

Lurvinator11
10-11-2012, 10:24 PM

Woah, hold up there. That list is probably the most inaccurate list I have seen. I think you are looking form more "exploding" players as opposed to the players that work in our system.

I'll give you Jacoby. I would say maybe he drafted Holiday to get rid of Jones, but that was more of coach Joe than it was Kubiak. Still no way Jones should have been with us for as long as he was, so I give you that.

Kevin Walter may not be fast, but he gets the job done especially when it comes to blocking. He is a great blocking WR which Kubiak loves for his run game and screen plays. He can also get it done when he is called on. Seriously, the dude is clutch. I mean, he did catch the playoff clinching TD pass last season, and did you see that 50 yd pass from Schaub in Denver? Walter deserves a lot more credit than what you seem to be giving him.

Every other player that you listed are Defensive Players. Kubiak normally lets his DC take care of the defensive players. It has been that way ever since he got here. Seriously, Travis Johnson was the first round pick up in 2005? Maybe even 2004? I know he was gone BY 2007, if not sooner. Bottom line is, he was drafter long before Kubiak was even a candidate for HC. Diles was a baackup LB, who once again was the responsibility of the DC. Okoye was a bust, but there is a reason Kubiak is an offensive playcaller. He doesn't know defensive players that well, so he doesn't handle a defensive pick. Finally there is KJax. Are you stuck in 2010 brother? Jackson has made nothing but improvement since his rookie season. Idk if you weren't watching, but they barely threw at him on Monday night, and had the game clinching pick. The majority of this board agrees that he has been getting really good, a lot better than what he was in 2010. Even though he is getting good, Kubiak had NOTHING to do with his improvement. That, like every other defensive player on our team, is the responsibility of Wade. Not Kubiak. Barwin has not shown up this season, but once again it is up to Wade to make sure he improves or not.

Finally, I want to point something out. You say Kubiak has been and still is "too nice" A common knock on him for a while was the fact that he hng on to his players for too long. (I.E. Jacoby Jones) I think that changed at the beginning of last season. People within the organization have said that Wade brought a certain swagger with him. I think it has rubbed off on Kubiak and we have seen it. He looks more fiery now than what he has been in past years. Normally he would stick with a player like holiday, especially after the preseason he had. Obviously, since he didn't show up at all during the season, he wasn't going to make the same mistake again and cut him before he cost us a game.

So I think your lack of trust for Kubiak is a little dated. I mean, under him and Wade, we are off to the best start ever in the City of Houston. Even when our defense was bad, our offense was still good and continued to improve. Which is why I was probably one of the 5% of people who didn't want Kubiak to get fired. Now we have a potential super bowl team. So yeah.

ObsiWan
10-11-2012, 10:26 PM

First, This ain't college.
You don't move up the rankings because you embarrassed your opponent on the scoreboard. The most important stat, maybe the only important stat is WINS. In the NFL it's standings that count and right now we're up by 3 or 4 of those puppies on everyone in our division. And OBTW, the only guaranteed way to make the playoffs is win your divison.

Second, you have a mis-informed view of Belichicks offense. Do you know that we're second in rushing attempts per game so far this season. Guess who's first... that's right New England. Belichick's offense - at least the 2012 edition - runs the ball MORE than Kubiak's does.

Third, New England does lead the NFL in the pts/game dept with 33.0. We're fourth with 29.8 pts/game. So whatever offense we're running it's dang close to being as effective as Belichick's. There's really only field goal's difference - per game - between the two. Sooo what's all the hubbub? Oh I know, it's all those Tom Brady highlights they show on the EastCoast States Propaganda Network. Yeah, it's soooo easy to get caught up. :D

Fourth, ALL coaches play not to lose Belichick included. They not only play not to lose the game but, like JHam said, they play not to lose key players. You will not see Tom Brady slinging it around the yard if it's midway thru the 4th qtr and they have a double-digit lead. He'll have Brady handing it off to that RB-by-committee backfield or doing a quick, three-step drop pass if it happens to be 3rd & long. He won't be risking Tom Terrific getting hurt when it's unnecessary.

Oh and welcome to the board. Seriously.

I'm Obs, former president of the Sunshine Club (we disbanded with all the damned bandwagoners). I've been known to see positives back when we were losing.
:D

Hervoyel
10-11-2012, 10:28 PM
I'm still not a huge Kubiak fan either but I've come to the conclusion that he's going to get as long as it takes to become great so I might as well accept it and hope for the best because he isn't going anywhere. In light of that..... "Yeah Kubiak!"

We all want the same things where the Texans are concerned. We want wins and success. As Arian said, we all want to smile at the end of the day. I'd have gone another way but it's not my team so McNair gonna do what McNair wanna do. I just hope he's right and at the moment I'm enjoying the wins. Eventually you just get tired of finding the dark cloud in ever day of the football season. It stops being fun being a football fan if you can't learn to accept that everybody's team does some crazy ****ed up **** that no rational person can explain. I know it did for me.

Luv_ya_blue
10-11-2012, 10:29 PM
I've noticed this year and last that Kubiak's approach to playcalling has become only slightly more aggressive. When I can look at my son and predict the playcall before it happens--and whether or not it works and come pretty close on yardage gained/lost; that my friends is predictable. Is it all the time? No. But 20 plays a game is just too much.

I think that Kubiak sometimes, maybe oftentimes tries to outthink the room. I think that last week had some pretty descent playcalling throughout. I can say that I somewhat share the concern as to where the playcalling will take us.

HOWEVER, one of the admirable qualities of leadership is surrounding yourself with good people. None of us could've known how impactful Wade would be for our team. We all knew (hoped) that Wade was a quality DC, but we didn't know the spark that he would bring to Houston and our fanbase. I see more Texans gear that I have in 10 yrs. How much is do to bandwagon fans--some. But let's be honest, Wade and his smash-mouth D have brought that spark--not Kubes.

Some coaches are aggressive and others are not. The bigger question, can Kubiak get the job done? Last year and this year--yes. Can we make a deep push into playoff territory? That remains to be seen.

I sure as heck hope we can!

Texan_Bill
10-11-2012, 10:32 PM

Yes, we are 5-0, but it looks like fool's gold to me. We havent played anybody that you can say is a great team. We should beat Green Bay but the pack are not the same and are injured. Baltimore should provide a stiff test but i feel like we have to beat the patriots in order for our greatness to be verified.

Welcome to the MB.

Be kind people.

Really Chris??!!!? These are the dumbass posts that have run me off this board...

What a freakin' asshat! :gun:

The Pencil Neck
10-11-2012, 10:36 PM

The same guy whose offense won a couple of Super Bowls.

His play calling still perplexes me (his perpetual 2nd & 10 run plays are driving me insane),

That's frequently the best time to run and the worst time to pass. Doesn't bother me at all. If you've got a runner that can pick up 5-6 yards on a second down run and put you in position to pick up the 1st down, do it. No need to get all 10 yards on 2nd down.

he still doesnt give ben tate enough reps,

I don't know. Do you think that might be because Ben fumbled the ball and almost cost us the Denver game or because he's been injured?

he still trots out kevin walter and kareem jackson out there,

Because they're just the best guys at their position that we have on the team? Are you stuck in 2010 with Kareem Jackson? Cause... he's a good CB now. And Kevin, he's playing really well this year.

joe marciano is still out there (still loyal to a fault & detrimental to team success), & his conservative philosophy will cost us dearly later on in the season.

Strange thing is, Joe isn't even his guy.

Jeez. What's a guy got to do? Lead the league in passing? Oh, yeah, right, he's already done that. Throw for the 6th most yards in a single season ever (by 2010 standards)? Oh, yeah, he did that. Put us in position to win game after game in the 4th quarter? Oh, yeah, he's done that... even if the defense pissed it away or someone dropped a pass.

From your post, it's pretty obvious that you're straight out lying. You need to be honest, at least with yourself. You don't like Kubiak and you don't like Schaub. Doesn't matter who they beat or don't beat. Doesn't matter what record they get.

You don't like them and so you're going to find reasons to not like them. You say you like the team but you don't like the main players and the coach. And I'd guess you'd probably prefer that we go on a losing streak so we could get rid of them and get some guys in here that you do like.

I like to win. I like coaches that win games. We haven't won enough here and I would have fired Kubiak a couple of years ago even though I've defended him over the years.

Do you know what a killer instinct is? Pounding the rock over and over and throwing short passes and getting just enough yards to get a first down and going on long assed drives that grind down the clock when you're up on someone. THAT'S a killer instinct.

There aren't a lot of coaches who'll get up on an opponent and then keep slinging the ball around. It's not because they're gutless. It's because coaches who do that don't keep their jobs very long. You lose a lot of games you should have won when you do that.

The thing about guys like Belichick and Parcells is that they aren't the risk takers some people seem to perceive them as. They will occasionally take calculated risks but normally, if they have the chance, they'd call plays just like Kubiak does. Because it wins games. And sometimes when Belichick takes risks, it's because he doesn't trust his defense and some of those risks have backfired and lost him games he should have won.

But none of that really matters to you. Because you just don't like the guys we've got.

And that's OK. Maybe we will go on a big losing streak and you'll get to say "I told you I didn't trust these guys."

Luv_ya_blue
10-11-2012, 10:38 PM
What a freakin' asshat! :gun:

Not very cordial without introductions Bill.

DTE....Bill.
Bill......DTE.
:handshake:
Now, carry one.
:slapfight:
LOL

Texanmike02
10-11-2012, 10:40 PM
David C[POSTDELETED]

[InitiateAutoBan]

Kiwi, it was nice knowing you. Hopefully you can follow the rules next tim.

Mike:splits:

Double Barrel
10-11-2012, 10:47 PM
'eh, to each his own, I suppose.

Not to question your 'fandom', but how can you be a fan of a 5-0 team and not be enjoying the ride?

:um: "fool's gold"...seriously?

Texan_Bill
10-11-2012, 10:50 PM
Not very cordial without introductions Bill.

DTE....Bill.
Bill......DTE.
Now, carry one.
:slapfight:
LOL

But I have formally met you my brother AND YOU know I'm extremely cordial! ;)!!! ''

Luv_ya_blue
10-11-2012, 10:50 PM

I'm curious Mike...

Is it his Super Bowl Ring or his hair style that you envy the most?

:shades:

Texan_Bill
10-11-2012, 10:56 PM

Not to question your 'fandom', but how can you be a fan of a 5-0 team and not be enjoying the ride?

Cheese and Rice DB, you know where I come from!!! Of course people can have their own opinions, and I support their opinions, but whenever people make up stupid opinions to support their own narcissistic opinions to make them feel better about themselves, I WILL CALL BS!!

Love ya! Make it a point to visit us in Blue Crew!!! You're a member by proxy!

*EDIT*
I just noticed your "fools gold" sardonic reference.......... AWESOME!!!!

kiwitexansfan
10-11-2012, 10:57 PM

Why the drama? Did you say it three times in a mirror and he randomly appeared behind you, threw a football at the back of your head and missed by 5 feet?

Texan_Bill
10-11-2012, 10:59 PM
I'm curious Mike...

For me, It's my nose and ear hairs........

thunderkyss
10-11-2012, 11:02 PM
I'll give you Jacoby. I would say maybe he drafted Holiday to get rid of Jones, but that was more of coach Joe than it was Kubiak. Still no way Jones should have been with us for as long as he was, so I give you that.

It was purely conjecture, but when they drafted Holliday & signed Jean, most of us thought that was it for Jjones. But then both Holliday & LeStar got put on IR in the preseason & Jacoby signed a deal that wasn't much more than league min ( I think) for a player of his tenure.

We didn't spend a high draft pick to replace Jacoby, but I think it was obvious we were looking for options.

Texanmike02
10-11-2012, 11:12 PM

Hi, I'm Mike. I'm very blunt and don't hold back. I don't live near a beach so I don't do long walks on them. I'm a holdover from the Luv Ya Blu era and I live a few hours away now.

Now that that's over with.

Superficial praise? How long have you been a football fan? Did it start with HWWNBN (the guy with the million dollar arm and ten cent head that chucked the ball when not in the fetal position)? If so then I understand your criticism. If you don't think this team is different then you're either blind or new to this football thing. This team isn't perfect. No team is. This team has won by stepping on people's throats, it has won by staving off a late charge, twice. What don't you like about that? We even won when we didn't play our best. In years past we had to play our best game to win. It is a luxury to be able to pull out games when you don't have your A game.

He doesn't give Tate enough carries? Seriously? He has a toe injury and if it has taken this long it is likely turf toe. Trots Kevin Walter out there? Walter probably has the most dependable hands on the team. He's not flashy but he is a hell of a blocker. Who would YOU like to put out there? Jean is hurt, Martin hasn't caught anything and Posey has yet to show anyone he can separate from receivers. Of course you fail to mention that he keeps trotting OD out there, Casey out there etc.

And then you drop the bomb... he keeps trotting Jackson out there. Guess what. Jackson has out played everyone else in the secondary this year. Instead of going head hunting because he "keeps trotting him out there" you should probably applaud him for not giving into the public opinion and sticking with a plan.

And where do you get this "he plays conservative". I think he went with an end around to start the game. We throw the ball down the field and we set teams up for that. Let me tell you what his "conservative" play calling has gotten us. +8. That's the turnover margin.

He gained respect for you in that game? His decision making is shaky. I tell you what. I will give you the pick six against Balt. Don't give me oakland. I've broken that play down several times and that wasn't on Schaub but I am sure you blame that on him so I will spot you two bad decisions. Back up the rest... point out the rest of his "shakey decisions". He's always injured? The first two injuries that kept him out resulted in fines for the guys who hit him and the last one was a freak injury.

Then I want you to go buy some fool's gold, I will trade you some "real" gold for your "fool's gold" because you obviously don't know which is which. We have taken care of what we needed to. What weaknesses do you think this team has? What makes you think that it isn't "real gold"? Potent defense, check. Good secondary play? Check. Dominating d-line? Check. Solid O-line? Check (even if it has dropped from top 3 to top 10, still dominant. Workhorse, multi-talented RB? Check. Top 10 QB? Check. (if you disagree please tell me something other than "I don't trust him". WHY don't you trust him, specific examples)

Do we need to be tested? Yes. Is there ANY reason to believe that we're not the real deal? No. We have last year as evidence and we look better than we did last year.

Oh, welcome to the board.

Mike

Texanmike02
10-11-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm curious Mike...

It is his snotty little brother :sarcasm:

I use HWWNBN with the hopes that if we don't talk about him we won't see the same situation play out again.

Mike

Texanmike02
10-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Why the drama? Did you say it three times in a mirror and he randomly appeared behind you, threw a football at the back of your head and missed by 5 feet?

No. He lives out in the woods and so we don't mention his name. :D Going back to pre-board merge I've always called him H(e) W(ho) W(ill) N(ot) B(e) N(amed). There was a time that it was unacceptable to say it. Maybe that time has passed. I don't give up traditions easily. I still hate the steelers, the bills, the titans.

I was only messing with you though, it was supposed to be funny.

Mike

Scooter
10-11-2012, 11:40 PM
schaub is 9-0 in his last nine starts ...

Texecutioner
10-11-2012, 11:45 PM

You know that I'm not a fan of Kubiak, but I'm damn sure enjoying the ride. I've been really trying to stay away from the critical side of Kubes, but man threads like these keep begging to pull me back in. Lol!

I think I'll leave now before i end up in a long winded debate.

TEXANRED
10-11-2012, 11:47 PM
Welcome to the MB.

Be kind people.

Must we?

Texecutioner
10-11-2012, 11:52 PM

I'm back!

I'm not going to touch the stuff on Kubes. I think you have some solid points that are valid, but we're coming off of a good season and we're 5-0 right now. Not exactly the best timing on a thread like this about Kubes, but to each his own.

My question though is what on earth are you still questioning Schaub for at this point? Hasn't he proven that he is top 10 material QB to you yet? Did you not see how useless this offense got once TJ Yates came in? Schaub may look goofy, he may be slow and non mobile, but so are guys like Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, Manning, and Eli Manning. I'm not saying Schaub is as good as any of these guys, but he doesn't have to be mobile and fast to be a very good QB. There are 32 teams in this league so that is 32 starters. To have a QB that is a top 10 material QB is pretty good. Every team can't have an elite QB, but we've got a really good one in Schaub that works his ass off. I'll take Schaub any day.

Texanmike02
10-11-2012, 11:56 PM
DTE,

I'm going to actually try to explain something here. Don't make assertions and not back them up. Someone said "use facts, not opinions". Its not so much that. Just don't throw some opinion out there without being able to say something to back it up.

Mike

kiwitexansfan
10-11-2012, 11:59 PM
No. He lives out in the woods and so we don't mention his name. :D Going back to pre-board merge I've always called him H(e) W(ho) W(ill) N(ot) B(e) N(amed). There was a time that it was unacceptable to say it. Maybe that time has passed. I don't give up traditions easily. I still hate the steelers, the bills, the titans.

I was only messing with you though, it was supposed to be funny.

Mike

I'm familiar with the HWSNBN idea, just never bought it myself.

Then again I was one of the last Carr apologists left standing.

Texanmike02
10-12-2012, 12:02 AM
I'm familiar with the HWSNBN idea, just never bought it myself.

Then again I was one of the last Carr apologists left standing.

I was too. I am still not entirely convinced that he was incapable. It isn't HIM I had a problem with, it was the way the entire team was constructed. I didn't like them starting a Rook, I didn't like their line... I didn't like the offense... just the whole thing. I honestly think he could have developed but that we didn't give him anything to work with.

I never said it was all his fault, I just arrived at the conclusion that the time had come, whatever the reason the situation was not going to work out at all.

Mike

Marcus
10-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Ok, just got throughout reading this thread, and I'll just say that I'll never understand the logic behind these blanket "play conservative" and "playing not to lose" accusations.

They are never backed up with any semblance of facts, and its very frustrating.

wolf123
10-12-2012, 01:53 AM
So your first post is to rehash 8 years of history in one single thread?:kubepalm:

I will be brief in my answer. You are wrong on just about everything you said.:spin::spin:

76Texan
10-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Ok, just got throughout reading this thread, and I'll just say that I'll never understand the logic behind these blanket "play conservative" and "playing not to lose" accusations.

They are never backed up with any semblance of facts, and its very frustrating.

Just thought I show myself in the thread.

I deleted whatever that was I wanted to say.
Basically, I'm going to "De-Em-Diggy" mode. :wadepalm:

Thorn
10-12-2012, 08:14 AM
<< snip snip >>

First off, let me explain something. Newbies bring coffee and doughnuts and keep thier mouths (and keyboards) quiet. Keep in mind, as a newbie, your opinion is not only meaningless compared to someone as wonderful and great as I am, it is also a waste of electrons. And that we can not tolerate.

Also, I've been trash talking Kubiak around these parts for years, and don't need any help. In fact, I've got the last post is the last Kubiak trashing thread before you came along with this one. Not that I'm jealous or anything, but if you start one more thread that threatens my solid sterling reputation I will hunt you down like a baby seal and sell your carcass to Jerrahh. You'll be draped around his neck in his next NFL commercial.

So, welcome to the board. And don't piss me off anymore. :cow:

LikeMike
10-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Kubiack is a hard nosed old time coach.

Don`t turn the ball over! When you get ahead, milk the clock and play it safe! Go for a sure 3d and short over a risky 1st down! Trust your Defense! Be accountable for everything you do! I don`t care who you are, if you mess up you`re out! No funny business, go out and play hard football!

You don`t have to like it, but this year it works. It`s like the old Steelers coaches. With the right team he has proven he can be successful.

Schaub? He is no Manning or Brady - but he is consistent. He even is listed in the MVP watch on NFL.com. I don`t agree with that, but he is a standup guy with great accuracy, moderate arm strength, good vision and bad movement. He will have a bad throw every game - but so does basically every other QB in the league. He will help you win most games and that`s what you ask of your QB.

Jackson? Really? Still the Jackson bashing? He has been our best CB this year - and really the only argument you could make is, that it is close. No way JoJo has outplayed him so far. Great tackler, great in short and mid situations, and this year tolerable in long passes.

Marciano? I can give you that. Our special teams have looked ugly so far and it seems like that`s on Marciano. I don`t know if you fire a coach mid season, especially if you are 5-0 though.

But all in all, get over the past years and look at the now - there is a lot to like about the now...

Exascor
10-12-2012, 10:28 AM
If you are looking for anti-Kubiak peeps, this is the place to find them. You'll still find some pics with Cowher Texans 2011 & Kubiak Broncos 2011 on some peoples sigs. It got really nasty after the 2010 season was over.

Kubiak made some mistakes in the first few years. Much like Kareem Jackson, many people couldn't let go of them and see the improvement he'd made. Clock management, bad challenges, odd play calls (half-back pass), loyalty-to-a-fault and losing were on his permanent record. Now add conservative and lacks killer instinct among others.

My opinion is a minority. Kubiak really only made 3 big mistakes. 3 mistakes that cost the team many wins, kept them from the playoffs and set the team back a few years.

1) Signing off on Carr. I'm sure he watched tape and felt he could fix him. Sadly, he didn't know about Carr's terrible work ethics.
2) Hiring a rookie DC - Richard Smith. IMO - A rookie offensive head coach needs a vet DC that knows what he can do, how to do it and what players are needed to do it. I felt it back then and it proved true.
3) Hiring another rookie DC - Frank Bush. See above. The D actually was better under Bush in 2009. The 2010 collapse proved that 2009 was a fluke and the rookie DC proved a failure again.

Other than those 3 things, Kubiak hasn't made any glaring mistakes that any other head coach wouldn't make. Is Kubiak one of the greatest HCs? No. At least not yet. Is he a good head coach? Ummm...look at 2011 and tell me how many other HCs could have done what he did with a 3rd string QB.

As for Schaub - QBs are unfairly tied to stats. In particular wins, yards, TDs & INTs. All of those can be affected by many factors out of their control. A weak defense can lead to less wins, more yards, more TDs and possibly more INTs. A great defense does the opposite - more wins, less yards, less TDs and possibly less INTs. Schaub led quite a few 4th qtr comebacks only to see the defense blow the lead. Did Schaub make some bad decisions at times, yes. Name a QB that hasn't though. If we don't have any more major injuries, this year will be the first year to be able to see what Schaub can do.

TLDR: Kubiak & Schaub aren't Belicheck & Brady or Payton & Brees but they are easily good enough to win a Superbowl.

GP
10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
I have come to accept that the owner likes what he sees in terms of the overall state of this team. Which is built by Kubiak.

I don't like Kubiak's weaknesses, but his strengths have gotten us this far...and his d-coord has helped more than people want to openly admit.

Why does this have to turn into a battle all the time around here? The guy is the HC, and fans don't have to love him 100% and eat a mile of his caca just to be considered "in support of the HC."

I support the guy, he just irritates the snot out of me with roster decisions and play calling at both ends of the end zone. Is that OK? Can I have that opinion? Can I complain about that when it happens over and over? I think we can if we want. And then there's an ignore feature if the whiners hurt any Internet ears too much. Options.

The Pencil Neck
10-12-2012, 11:01 AM
I look at it this way, there are still people in New York who don't like Tom Coughlin and if that team has any sort of loss, people start asking for his head. Which is silly. So of course there are going to be people who want to get rid of Kubiak.

But the OP even said that we might beat the Ravens and/or the Packers but the real test would be whether we can beat the Patriots. Which seems to indicate that the OP thinks we can beat anyone in the AFC except the Patriots. And that would mean we are pretty damned good.

Marcus
10-12-2012, 11:09 AM
I have come to accept that the owner likes what he sees in terms of the overall state of this team. Which is built by Kubiak.

I don't like Kubiak's weaknesses, but his strengths have gotten us this far...and his d-coord has helped more than people want to openly admit.

Why does this have to turn into a battle all the time around here? The guy is the HC, and fans don't have to love him 100% and eat a mile of his caca just to be considered "in support of the HC."

I support the guy, he just irritates the snot out of me with roster decisions and play calling at both ends of the end zone. Is that OK? Can I have that opinion? Can I complain about that when it happens over and over? I think we can if we want. And then there's an ignore feature if the whiners hurt any Internet ears too much. Options.

What exactly are you asking for? You are coming on to a football message board to whine (your words) about something, but you don't want anyone to respond to it?

Double Barrel
10-12-2012, 11:19 AM

Do you read other people's posts? :um:

Wade has been elevated to quasi-savior status around these parts. It's one of the rare times that a consensus exists among Texans fans. I think everyone knows the differences between the 2010 team and the 2011/2012 team is due to one man: Wade Phillips.

And like I've said before, regardless of the circumstances surrounding Wade's hire, Kubiak should still get credit for not letting his head coach ego get in the way of hiring the best defensive coach out there...a coach that has the experience to sit in that head coaching chair, as well.

Goldensilence
10-12-2012, 11:20 AM

I actually agree with most of this post with an emphasis on the bolded part. I'm not 100% sure on whose call it was to bring in Wade, but it saved Kubiak's tenure here IMO. Without the dramatic defensive turnaround Kubiak is likely fired.

GP
10-12-2012, 11:25 AM
What exactly are you asking for? You are coming on to a football message board to whine (your words) about something, but you don't want anyone to respond to it?

I'm making comments about a head coach who gets millions and earns the glory or the goat or anywhere in-between those two ends of the spectrum.

In contrast, people here are making a-hole comments to ME, or to others, and that's just flat out tacky. We're all fans, and it does come across as some people being pissy about "their guy" getting bashed a little.

There's some Kubiak Fan Boys here, for sure. Any time their guy gets pushed a little, there's retaliation. You know this, it's obvious Marcus.

Kubiak has thicker skin than his fan boys here do. They should watch and learn from their master.

GP
10-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Do you read other people's posts? :um:

Wade has been elevated to quasi-savior status around these parts. It's one of the rare times that a consensus exists among Texans fans. I think everyone knows the differences between the 2010 team and the 2011/2012 team is due to one man: Wade Phillips.

And like I've said before, regardless of the circumstances surrounding Wade's hire, Kubiak should still get credit for not letting his head coach ego get in the way of hiring the best defensive coach out there...a coach that has the experience to sit in that head coaching chair, as well.

I have a high opinion of Wade Phillips, which has been recently tainted by his "I love it here, but I'd like to be a HC again, but I really love it here" schtick that he pulls each season.

On game days, it's evident that Wade calls almost a flawless game all game long. He's verrrrry good at it.

Kubiak is meddling. Dennison supposedly is the OC, but we know from direct quotes by Kubiak himself that he intervenes and can change calls if he wants. He's a helicopter OC, always hovering over the situation and ready to drop rope and repel to the action so he can save the day.

Think if he had a killer OC who was given full reins like Wade has with the D. Man, Kubiak could spend all of his time polishing silver Lombardi trophies.

We're damn good right now, but every window closes. The Patriots have proven you can open that window again from time to time, but then again that's the Patriots and I don't know that I can equate Kubiak with Billy Boy.

I'm very pleased. I love this season. I still can live with Kubiak, it's just sort of like the roommate who is a bit sloppy...he pays the rent on time, he's fun to be around, you just wish he'd pick up his crap pile every now and then. Overall, that's fine.

buddyboy
10-12-2012, 11:32 AM
I'm making comments about a head coach who gets millions and earns the glory or the goat or anywhere in-between those two ends of the spectrum.

In contrast, people here are making a-hole comments to ME, or to others, and that's just flat out tacky. We're all fans, and it does come across as some people being pissy about "their guy" getting bashed a little.

There's some Kubiak Fan Boys here, for sure. Any time their guy gets pushed a little, there's retaliation. You know this, it's obvious Marcus.

Kubiak has thicker skin than his fan boys here do. They should watch and learn from their master.

They're "Kubiak Fan Boys", but you're not a hater, you're just a realist, right?

BullNation4Life
10-12-2012, 11:33 AM

This rant seems about 2 years late, but I digress....

See this whole "We haven't played anybody great" is such BS it drives me insane. This is the NFL, not NCAA. EVERY game you play is important. Doesn't matter what that record is. The Jets team they just played hung 40 on Buffalo, the SAME Buffalo team that kicked the crap out of a KC, a team that lost to Baltimore by 3 of a 9-6 game.

Patriots, I forget the year, didn't play a team over .500 until the playoffs one year. IT DOES NOT MATTER. If the team is good, they dominate the lesser teams and win against the better teams, by hook or by crook.

Playing 1 specific team and winning does not verify this team being good or great. Anybody who has watched this teams over the last 6+ years knows this team is good. That Jets game was a loss in 2009-2010. The defense is great the offense is top rated.

I get the pessimism, but at some point you got stand up and say, "My throat is so dry from all this negative talk. Anybody got a glass of Battle Red Kool-aid to quench this thirst for a winning team?"

and the answer will be...ABSO-FREAKING-LUTLY!

GP
10-12-2012, 11:37 AM
They're "Kubiak Fan Boys", but you're not a hater, you're just a realist, right?

You see me going to great lengths to pump sunshine on a certain player here?

A coach?

Owner?

GM?

I keep it pretty real, yeah. If the guys do good, I shout out propers. If guys dog it or aren't hacking it...yeah, I call that to too. I can go from being KJ's biggest critic to admitting he has proven me wrong and has grown over the past 3 years as a lot of posters said he would. Kubiak might be growing, too, but little setbacks make me wonder.

My highest opinion of a player is JJ Watt. I see good in lots of other players too. I root for Arian even though I think his personality is quirky or whatever. He's on MY team. So that's that.

As far as Kubiak, you damn straight there's some uber loyalists. And they don;t like their guy getting dusted up. That's their prerogative, but they can't sit there and condescend either, IMO. We all in dis boat tuh-gether, my bruther. As buyers of entertainment, we should be able to make harsh criticism on the product...but all of us here should try and be a little bit more nicer to one another because we're all on the same level. That's my whole case. I get personal when someone gets personal with me first.

Thorn
10-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Does anyone ever wonder what threads like this look like another six games into the season?

Rep to the first person who can correctly answer that. LOL

The Pencil Neck
10-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Patriots, I forget the year, didn't play a team over .500 until the playoffs one year. IT DOES NOT MATTER. If the team is good, they dominate the lesser teams and win against the better teams, by hook or by crook.

The 1972 Dolphins went 14-0. They didn't play a single other playoff team during the regular season. They only played 2 teams that had winning records during the regular season: The New York Giants and the Kansas City Chiefs, both 8-6.

I don't see an asterisk next to the Dolphins accomplishment. In those days, they only had to play 3 playoff games to win the SB. And they did.

The thing about sub-par teams is that they find ways to loose. The thing about good teams is that they find ways to win. And great teams find ways to win when it counts most.

Right now, we're beating the teams we're supposed to beat. We're a good team. What we haven't proven is if we're a great team.

LikeMike
10-12-2012, 11:50 AM

I really haven`t seen anyone doing that for Kubiack or Schaub on here... Watt, Cushing, AJ, Brown, Foster, Jojo, sure. But not Kubiack or Schaub. They get respect on here this season for what they have done this season - and that respect is well deserved. But a lot of people are still cautious because of the past. And that`s ok.

I think the thing that`s angering some are people, that just seem to wait for something bad to happen, so they can say I told you so (like it was with KJ for a long time - heck maybe it still is). I am not saying that you are one of those people.

Double Barrel
10-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Does anyone ever wonder what threads like this look like another six games into the season?

Rep to the first person who can correctly answer that. LOL

They look like http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/buttons/threadclosed.gif because they often devolve into a meltdown that serves no beneficial purpose.

GP
10-12-2012, 11:56 AM
I really haven`t seen anyone doing that for Kubiack or Schaub on here... Watt, Cushing, AJ, Brown, Foster, Jojo, sure. But not Kubiack or Schaub. They get respect on here this season for what they have done this season - and that respect is well deserved. But a lot of people are still cautious because of the past. And that`s ok.

I think the thing that`s angering some are people, that just seem to wait for something bad to happen, so they can say I told you so (like it was with KJ for a long time - heck maybe it still is). I am not saying that you are one of those people.

Def not the Negative Ned like I was after 2010. You wouldn't want to have seen me in the months following the 2010 season. I was an Internet flame thrower every day, I was ready to burn the mother to the ground.

I didn't even get on-board with the 2011 hiring of Wade Phillips, bro. Only now do I feel relieved of that anxiety enough to enjoy every win, even the ugly ones.

Kubiak gets credit, but Wade does too. And really now I'm swinging toward fearing that we'll lose Wade after this year and just be in the crapper all over again.

buddyboy
10-12-2012, 12:46 PM

A coach?

Owner?

GM?

I keep it pretty real, yeah. If the guys do good, I shout out propers. If guys dog it or aren't hacking it...yeah, I call that to too. I can go from being KJ's biggest critic to admitting he has proven me wrong and has grown over the past 3 years as a lot of posters said he would. Kubiak might be growing, too, but little setbacks make me wonder.

My highest opinion of a player is JJ Watt. I see good in lots of other players too. I root for Arian even though I think his personality is quirky or whatever. He's on MY team. So that's that.

As far as Kubiak, you damn straight there's some uber loyalists. And they don;t like their guy getting dusted up. That's their prerogative, but they can't sit there and condescend either, IMO. We all in dis boat tuh-gether, my bruther. As buyers of entertainment, we should be able to make harsh criticism on the product...but all of us here should try and be a little bit more nicer to one another because we're all on the same level. That's my whole case. I get personal when someone gets personal with me first.

Your perception of the "reality" that people are pumping sunshine isn't fact though. People get labeled as Kubiak loyalists for defending playcalling, and people get labeled as haters for complaining about "playing not to lose".

Personally, I fall on one side, and it's not bashing "haters" when I make the argument that running on 2nd and 10 or running with 2 minutes left in the game isn't playing scared, it's playing smart.

It's the same way you feel. You feel people are making you out to be a hater for voicing your opinion. But you're making other people out to be "sunshine pumpers" for voicing theirs.

ItsMyFault
10-12-2012, 01:09 PM
My biggest critique of Kubiak is not using Andre in the RZ, especially with one on one match ups. More times than not, Andre will win one on one coverage on a jump ball. We haven't really needed to use Andre much to win games thus far, but I just think Kubes needs to start using his other star more.

utahmark
10-12-2012, 01:30 PM
My biggest critique of Kubiak is not using Andre in the RZ, especially with one on one match ups. More times than not, Andre will win one on one coverage on a jump ball. We haven't really needed to use Andre much to win games thus far, but I just think Kubes needs to start using his other star more.

I don't think that is Andre's strength. When TJ was in last year he tried to use him as a security blanket and would just throw the ball in Andre's direction, did'nt work out to well.

infantrycak
10-12-2012, 01:53 PM
Kubiak is meddling. Dennison supposedly is the OC, but we know from direct quotes by Kubiak himself that he intervenes and can change calls if he wants. He's a helicopter OC, always hovering over the situation and ready to drop rope and repel to the action so he can save the day.

What an absurd criticism. This is Kubiak's offense and he is the one who will be held responsible for how it runs. But no you want to have your cake and eat it too - tell him to get out and still hold him responsible.

Lot's of head coaches call plays on one side of the ball and even hover around the other side. They don't carry those Denny's menus to shoo flies away.

Marcus
10-12-2012, 02:48 PM

:spit:

DexmanC
10-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Well. Over the years, I've been as vocal as anybody about this issue.

I don't trust the Kubiak & Schaub regime alone, but I DO trust the
Kubiak & Schaub regime WITH the Wade Phillips & Vance Joseph
combination. Phillips and Joseph have almost removed them memory
of Eli Manning choosing to throw the ball on every down to end the game,
because he felt he could get more by throwing it than running the clock
out with a 3 score lead.

In other words, it's working for now, so I ain't trippin.'

Norg
10-12-2012, 02:59 PM
what NFL team fan really truest there regemine when things are so up and down

but u know what U just got roll with it cross your fingers and hope Luck comes our way thats all we can do LOL

THAT AND GO NUTS SUNDAY AND CHEER VERY LOUD AND get some False starts going !!!!!!!!!!

ThaShark316
10-12-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm just getting a seat in here so I can say I posted in this thread BEFORE the Texans won Super Bowl XLVII.

ObsiWan
10-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Alright I-Cak. Where IS ya boy??
He came in - as a newbie - and threw a turd in the punchbowl and hasn't been seen since.
You said be nice to him, so I was civil.
but I wanna know....

Who WAS that REALLY??
:foottap:

Surreal McCoy
10-12-2012, 03:47 PM
The same guy whose offense won a couple of Super Bowls.

That's frequently the best time to run and the worst time to pass. Doesn't bother me at all. If you've got a runner that can pick up 5-6 yards on a second down run and put you in position to pick up the 1st down, do it. No need to get all 10 yards on 2nd down.

I don't know. Do you think that might be because Ben fumbled the ball and almost cost us the Denver game or because he's been injured?

Because they're just the best guys at their position that we have on the team? Are you stuck in 2010 with Kareem Jackson? Cause... he's a good CB now. And Kevin, he's playing really well this year.

Strange thing is, Joe isn't even his guy.

Jeez. What's a guy got to do? Lead the league in passing? Oh, yeah, right, he's already done that. Throw for the 6th most yards in a single season ever (by 2010 standards)? Oh, yeah, he did that. Put us in position to win game after game in the 4th quarter? Oh, yeah, he's done that... even if the defense pissed it away or someone dropped a pass.

From your post, it's pretty obvious that you're straight out lying. You need to be honest, at least with yourself. You don't like Kubiak and you don't like Schaub. Doesn't matter who they beat or don't beat. Doesn't matter what record they get.

You don't like them and so you're going to find reasons to not like them. You say you like the team but you don't like the main players and the coach. And I'd guess you'd probably prefer that we go on a losing streak so we could get rid of them and get some guys in here that you do like.

I like to win. I like coaches that win games. We haven't won enough here and I would have fired Kubiak a couple of years ago even though I've defended him over the years.

Do you know what a killer instinct is? Pounding the rock over and over and throwing short passes and getting just enough yards to get a first down and going on long assed drives that grind down the clock when you're up on someone. THAT'S a killer instinct.

There aren't a lot of coaches who'll get up on an opponent and then keep slinging the ball around. It's not because they're gutless. It's because coaches who do that don't keep their jobs very long. You lose a lot of games you should have won when you do that.

The thing about guys like Belichick and Parcells is that they aren't the risk takers some people seem to perceive them as. They will occasionally take calculated risks but normally, if they have the chance, they'd call plays just like Kubiak does. Because it wins games. And sometimes when Belichick takes risks, it's because he doesn't trust his defense and some of those risks have backfired and lost him games he should have won.

But none of that really matters to you. Because you just don't like the guys we've got.

And that's OK. Maybe we will go on a big losing streak and you'll get to say "I told you I didn't trust these guys."

You must spread some reputation around before giving to The Pencil Neck again.

ObsiWan
10-12-2012, 03:55 PM
You know that I'm not a fan of Kubiak, but I'm damn sure enjoying the ride. I've been really trying to stay away from the critical side of Kubes, but man threads like these keep begging to pull me back in. Lol!

I think I'll leave now before i end up in a long winded debate.

C'mon Tex! ya gotta use the visual if you're gonna reference the quote...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm-MwsFCyLleBYsdpaBDFnD_TbsAyy7fucqojSdonqHK59I0HA

Double Barrel
10-12-2012, 04:15 PM
I Still Dont Trust the NOOBS and NOOB posts :wheel:

DaTruthExplodes
10-12-2012, 04:26 PM
I stand firm by my OP.

Thanks to those who gave me green in support and said they agreed with me. I know im not the only one who feels this. This 5-0 record really has allowed Kubiak to bury a lot of skeletons in his closet. People seem to want to forget that the majority of texan fans wanted kubiak gone. Now he's reborn as a offensive guru.

Even last year, we could have beaten baltimore if kubiak leaned on Foster more than yates. Kubiak lost that game for us.

Good coaching or bad coaching will always stand out in the playoffs.

Nevertheless, i know the deal. Kubiak is a native houstonian and has some solid credentials (thanks elway) that allows kubiak religious idolatry from a lot of houstonians.

we lost cushing but if we dont lose anybody else significant, Kubiak & Schaub will have no excuses if they flame out in the playoffs.

Vinny
10-12-2012, 04:30 PM
if your stuck on labels, Kubiak is this or that. I just think he's coaching a hell of a team right now...a team he built. I like where we are at. All this other debate is drama, so I'll leave that to the dramatic.

ThaShark316
10-12-2012, 04:41 PM
I stand firm by my OP.

Thanks to those who gave me green in support and said they agreed with me. I know im not the only one who feels this. This 5-0 record really has allowed Kubiak to bury a lot of skeletons in his closet. People seem to want to forget that the majority of texan fans wanted kubiak gone. Now he's reborn as a offensive guru.

Even last year, we could have beaten baltimore if kubiak leaned on Foster more than yates. Kubiak lost that game for us.

Nevertheless, i know the deal. Kubiak is a native houstonian and has some solid credentials (thanks elway) that allows kubiak religious idolatry from a lot of houstonians.

we lost cushing but if we dont lose anybody else significant, Kubiak & Schaub will have no excuses if they flame out in the playoffs.

Seeing as Arian's LONGEST gain in the 2nd half was 8 yards and that was on the first 2nd half drive for us, I couldn't disagree more. BAL adjusted and stuffed the run in the second half.

sbalderrama
10-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Kubiak + Schaub when together have won 10 straight games. What more do you want?

Double Barrel
10-12-2012, 04:56 PM
People seem to want to forget that the majority of texan fans wanted kubiak gone.

The above two statements within the same post are contradictory.

Which is it? If there was "religious idolatry" of Kubiak, then how could "majority of texan fans wanted kubiak gone"?

We get it. You don't like the 5-0 Texans. Seems to me that you come here to argue, not discuss.

Enjoy your visit. :tiphat:

utahmark
10-12-2012, 04:57 PM
I stand firm by my OP.

Thanks to those who gave me green in support and said they agreed with me. I know im not the only one who feels this. This 5-0 record really has allowed Kubiak to bury a lot of skeletons in his closet. People seem to want to forget that the majority of texan fans wanted kubiak gone. Now he's reborn as a offensive guru. Even last year, we could have beaten baltimore if kubiak leaned on Foster more than yates. Kubiak lost that game for us.

Even when people were wanting Kubiak gone I don't think there were any reasonable people who did'nt think he was an offensive guru. A lot of credible people on this board questioned whether he was a good head coach but if you don't consider Gary a good offensive guy then you have lost me.

Texanmike02
10-12-2012, 07:40 PM
I stand firm by my OP.

Well I'm glad to read that.

Thanks to those who gave me green in support and said they agreed with me.
I'm sure your mother is proud of you.

I know im not the only one who feels this. This 5-0 record really has allowed Kubiak to bury a lot of skeletons in his closet. People seem to want to forget that the majority of texan fans wanted kubiak gone. Now he's reborn as a offensive guru.

I don't think you want to be wrong. There is nothing worse than a fan that roots against their team "so he can be right". Oh you will complain about losing I'm sure but I bet that if we keep winning you will disappear. You're the kind of guy that complains that he just had to win the smallest lottery.

Kubiak lost the game for us? No. We were not at full strength. Tell me, do you credit Kubiak with winning the game at all? Did you notice the adjustments that Balt made in the second half? Do you really think we should have run Foster more? No, you just need to make up something to dig in and maintain your point.

What kind of stupid statement is that. Will it not stand out in the regular season? Does average coaching stand out too? Do you blame Harbaugh for Balt's loss in the playoffs?

"thanks elway"? Really? Elway won two superbowls? ACTUALLY it was this undrafted RB that won those superbowls. Who's running game did that? How successful has shanny been since Kubes left? Oh. Ok.

And these are the Texans. If you want to root for a lovable loser I suppose you move to the windy city and follow baseball. Ever actually been to Houston? We worship winning. We don't care who it is. Some of us think someone can win before they start showing signs of it.

And unless the Texans win the SB you get to ***** and moan and say you were right. How convenient. Even under the best circumstances 1 in 32 chance that a team wins the superbowl.

Mike

Buffi2
10-12-2012, 09:07 PM
I stand firm by my OP.

You are the first person to go on my ignore list. What you have to say isn't worth the time it takes to read.

GP
10-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Your perception of the "reality" that people are pumping sunshine isn't fact though. People get labeled as Kubiak loyalists for defending playcalling, and people get labeled as haters for complaining about "playing not to lose".

Personally, I fall on one side, and it's not bashing "haters" when I make the argument that running on 2nd and 10 or running with 2 minutes left in the game isn't playing scared, it's playing smart.

It's the same way you feel. You feel people are making you out to be a hater for voicing your opinion. But you're making other people out to be "sunshine pumpers" for voicing theirs.

Didn't even read your post there ^^^.

Keep on keeping' on, buddyboy.

Texanmike02
10-12-2012, 09:37 PM
You are the first person to go on my ignore list. What you have to say isn't worth the time it takes to read.

Not a problem with him. He will view it as an "exclusive club".

Mike

Hardcore Texan
10-13-2012, 11:17 AM
All I know is we are a better team this year than we were last year. And last year we won a division championship and a playoff game. I am excited about this year and enjoying the ride.

DaTruthExplodes
10-13-2012, 11:53 AM
Well I'm glad to read that.

I'm sure your mother is proud of you.

I don't think you want to be wrong. There is nothing worse than a fan that roots against their team "so he can be right". Oh you will complain about losing I'm sure but I bet that if we keep winning you will disappear. You're the kind of guy that complains that he just had to win the smallest lottery.

Kubiak lost the game for us? No. We were not at full strength. Tell me, do you credit Kubiak with winning the game at all? Did you notice the adjustments that Balt made in the second half? Do you really think we should have run Foster more? No, you just need to make up something to dig in and maintain your point.

What kind of stupid statement is that. Will it not stand out in the regular season? Does average coaching stand out too? Do you blame Harbaugh for Balt's loss in the playoffs?

"thanks elway"? Really? Elway won two superbowls? ACTUALLY it was this undrafted RB that won those superbowls. Who's running game did that? How successful has shanny been since Kubes left? Oh. Ok.

And these are the Texans. If you want to root for a lovable loser I suppose you move to the windy city and follow baseball. Ever actually been to Houston? We worship winning. We don't care who it is. Some of us think someone can win before they start showing signs of it.

And unless the Texans win the SB you get to ***** and moan and say you were right. How convenient. Even under the best circumstances 1 in 32 chance that a team wins the superbowl.

Mike

ahh look its the pretentious multi quote key board warrior poster who thinks he's such a bad arse with his multi quotes as if he's "pwning" someone and the utterly lame sign off at the end of each post.

every message board has them. congrats. your mother must be proud.

so you came into my thread to let me know you are putting me on ignore list (white flag/ i only like opinions that are the same as mine) and to tell me what i have to say isnt wort the time it takes to read(despite the fact that you did) and you took the time and effort to put me on ignore....

Thorn
10-13-2012, 12:15 PM
New guy starting arguments with everyone and throwing about insults. I can already tell where this is heading.

:faildetector:

DaTruthExplodes
10-13-2012, 12:29 PM
New guy starting arguments with everyone and throwing about insults. I can already tell where this is heading.

:faildetector:

i didnt start the insults.

Thorn
10-13-2012, 12:36 PM
i didnt start the insults.

*** throws penalty flag ***

It's usually the person who reacts rather than the person who starts it that gets the flag. :lol:

DaTruthExplodes
10-13-2012, 12:41 PM
*** throws penalty flag ***

It's usually the person who reacts rather than the person who starts it that gets the flag. :lol:

screw you cortland finnegan. :foottap:

Thorn
10-13-2012, 12:42 PM
All I know is we are a better team this year than we were last year. And last year we won a division championship and a playoff game. I am excited about this year and enjoying the ride.

You can have doubts about Kubiak and still feel the way that you do in your post. That's where I'm at. Don't get me wrong, I love the home town boy makes good situation. But without Wade, Kubiak wouldn't be looking so good right now.

If we can hang onto Wade, it won't matter though. Wade makes Kubiak a better head coach. And in the end, I don't care if the Texans are coached by Bugs Bunny as long as they win a Super Bowl or two. If that happens, I would imagine all the doubting Thomas's would fade away.

Thorn
10-13-2012, 12:43 PM
screw you cortland finnegan. :foottap:

That would be Innegan, not Finnegan, because AJ beat the F out of him. :fingergun:

infantrycak
10-13-2012, 12:46 PM
ahh look its the pretentious multi quote key board warrior poster who thinks he's such a bad arse with his multi quotes as if he's "pwning" someone and the utterly lame sign off at the end of each post.

every message board has them. congrats. you're mother must be proud.

so you came into my thread to let me know you are putting me on ignore list (white flag/ i only like opinions that are the same as mine) and to tell me what i have to say isnt wort the time it takes to read(despite the fact that you did) and you took the time and effort to put me on ignore....

Try getting back to discussing your original topics and away from the personal commentary.

That applies to folks replying to him as well.

SAMURAITEXAN
10-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Some people are happy the way how things turned out so far this season and some people are not. A half full or a half empty kinda thing. Some people are happy with US$100K a year and some are not. Some people are happy with W and some are not.

It just goes to show you. You can't satisfy everyone as an individual threshold of happiness differs from one another.

Even if we win SB, some people still be complaining. You just can't please everyone.

Anyway, people do have their rights in his or her opinion and I respect that.

Go Texans!!!

Wolf
10-13-2012, 02:27 PM
The above two statements within the same post are contradictory.

Which is it? If there was "religious idolatry" of Kubiak, then how could "majority of texan fans wanted kubiak gone"?

We get it. You don't like the 5-0 Texans. Seems to me that you come here to argue, not discuss.

Enjoy your visit. :tiphat:

yep , and no response to your post with THEIR quotes..

:hmmm:

I am with Dexman (I think that is who posted it) .. I trust Kubiak with Wade ..

Texecutioner
10-13-2012, 04:50 PM
C'mon Tex! ya gotta use the visual if you're gonna reference the quote...

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQm-MwsFCyLleBYsdpaBDFnD_TbsAyy7fucqojSdonqHK59I0HA

Nice call Obi! Lol! Rep spread for sure.

I actually thought about that, but I was thinking of looking for a Silvia pic from the Sopranos. Good call either way! :spit:

Mr teX
10-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Pretty much like i thought....winning IS NOT the end all be all. people are gonna find something to complain about. I sit back and often wonder why turds like norv turner and romeo crennel get multiple head coaching opportunities when ther are so many great football minds on messageboards all over america.

:vincepalm:

Texecutioner
10-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Pretty much like i thought....winning IS NOT the end all be all. people are gonna find something to complain about. I sit back and often wonder why turds like norv turner and romeo crennel get multiple head coaching opportunities when ther are so many great football minds on messageboards all over america.

:vincepalm:

Norv Turner = Kubiak = Jason Garrett.

These three are pretty much the same quality honestly. People like to bash on Garrett because he is the Cowboys coach, but at one point he was considered one of the best OC's in the league when they actually had a great D with Wade Phillips there and Parcells before that. Garrett never should have been a HC, but Jerry wanted him to be their guy. Kubiak looked very similar until Wade got here. That isn't a bash on Kubiak either. It was just how the Texans looked under Kubiak pre-Wade.

Either way, it doesn't matter. We're winning right now, and I don't see the reason for starting up bash Kubiak threads until he does some horribly bad things on game day that comprimise the team's success.

CloakNNNdagger
10-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Norv Turner = Kubiak = Jason Garrett.

These three are pretty much the same quality honestly. People like to bash on Garrett because he is the Cowboys coach, but at one point he was considered one of the best OC's in the league when they actually had a great D with Wade Phillips there and Parcells before that. Garrett never should have been a HC, but Jerry wanted him to be their guy. Kubiak looked very similar until Wade got here. That isn't a bash on Kubiak either. It was just how the Texans looked under Kubiak pre-Wade.

Either way, it doesn't matter. We're winning right now, and I don't see the reason for starting up bash Kubiak threads until he does some horribly bad things on game day that comprimise the team's success.

Don't you know that with any decent head coach, we'd already be 8-0 instead of 5-0? :D

buddyboy
10-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Didn't even read your post there ^^^.

Keep on keeping' on, buddyboy.

Just goes to show that while you're interested in sharing your opinion, you're not interested in changing it or paying attention to other's

Texecutioner
10-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Just goes to show that while you're interested in sharing your opinion, you're not interested in changing it or paying attention to other's

For the record, GP did change his stance to some degree in the off season. He hated Rick SMith for a long time, and really stuck up for him quite a bit when I was criticizing some of the moves in the off season. He did to some degree with Kubiak, but like Hookem and a few others, I think some just don't like Kubiak's style all the time. I think a lot of you guys are giving him to much grief, because he is passionate on the board. We're all big time fans man. Otherwise we wouldn't be here discussing these things. Know whatta I mean!!:handshake:

SteveSlaton20
10-13-2012, 10:17 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Gummp.jpg

buddyboy
10-13-2012, 10:26 PM
For the record, GP did change his stance to some degree in the off season. He hated Rick SMith for a long time, and really stuck up for him quite a bit when I was criticizing some of the moves in the off season. He did to some degree with Kubiak, but like Hookem and a few others, I think some just don't like Kubiak's style all the time. I think a lot of you guys are giving him to much grief, because he is passionate on the board. We're all big time fans man. Otherwise we wouldn't be here discussing these things. Know whatta I mean!!:handshake:

That's what I was saying; people have differing opinions. People who don't agree with Kubiak aren't necessarily haters, "supporters" aren't just mindless koolaid sippers. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. But, I guess my opinion is invalidated now since GP has a different one and has stopped reading my posts.

houstonspartan
10-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Good grief, people.

I was harder on Kubiak than anyone a couple of years ago, and I said that if he ever led us to the playoffs, I'd back off. I've kept my word, and don't call for his firing as much as I used to.

Yes, I still think he's a mediocre coach, but, at this point, I'm just enjoying the ride.

And, let's be real: this is Wade's team. Kubiak is a head coach in name only. When this team wins a championship, Wade will be the one getting most of the glory.

Regardless, let's just enjoy being 5-0.

Texanmike02
10-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Try getting back to discussing your original topics and away from the personal commentary.

That applies to folks replying to him as well.

For the record. I have twice provided responses to each of his points. He would obviously rather dismiss anything than have a discussion about football.

Mike

Exascor
10-14-2012, 09:10 AM
And, let's be real: this is Wade's team. Kubiak is a head coach in name only. When this team wins a championship, Wade will be the one getting most of the glory.Yup - Wade's offense is awesome isn't it? Wade needs to consider firing his special teams coach in the offseason if he doesn't improve the unit. Wade made some poor choices in last years draft with Brandon Harris & Roc Carmichael. Guys can't even see the field. What wastes of draft picks. Wade needs to run his scounting department better. /sarcasm

No doubt, Wade IS the difference from this team being a stuck-in-the-ditch 8-8 club to a playoff team. Wade DID turn the defense from embarrassing to a thing of beauty. Wade DOESN'T run the team though. Wade is to defense what Kubiak is to offense. I'm a Wade fan. He's the last piece that made the team I cheer for go from just better than the Lions & Raiders to as good as the Ravens & Patriots.

Make no mistake though: This is Kubiak's team - for better or worse.

BullBlitz
10-14-2012, 09:14 AM
Good grief, people.

I was harder on Kubiak than anyone a couple of years ago, and I said that if he ever led us to the playoffs, I'd back off. I've kept my word, and don't call for his firing as much as I used to.

Yes, I still think he's a mediocre coach, but, at this point, I'm just enjoying the ride.

And, let's be real: this is Wade's team. Kubiak is a head coach in name only. When this team wins a championship, Wade will be the one getting most of the glory.

Regardless, let's just enjoy being 5-0.

Let's see how we fare vs the Packers, Ravens, Bears and Patriots before talking championship.

houstonspartan
10-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Let's see how we fare vs the Packers, Ravens, Bears and Patriots before talking championship.

My point is, why can't we just relax and accept the fact that we're a great team instead of having the insipid debate about whether Kubiak should be fired? Of course we should take it game-by-game.

And, frankly, I say bring it on to the Packers, Ravens Bears and Pats. We can hang.

I'm tired of all the hand-wringing by the fans.

Thorn
10-14-2012, 12:29 PM
My point is, why can't we just relax and accept the fact that we're a great team instead of having the insipid debate about whether Kubiak should be fired? Of course we should take it game-by-game.

And, frankly, I say bring it on to the Packers, Ravens Bears and Pats. We can hang.

Despite some of its obvious shortcomings, this is the best team the Texans have ever fielded, and it's one of the best teams in the NFL right now. And in a weak division to boot. Although we realistically have no reason to complain some of us still do. For my part it's not meant to aggravate, it's just keeping a level head. Many many years of Houston sports fandom has bread into my soul a sense of foreboding, and as much as that sucks, itís just the way it is.

BullBlitz
10-14-2012, 02:09 PM

I agree that it is ridiculous to talk about firing Gary Kubiak. I certainly don't agree with that. And I'm not hand-wringing. I just haven't seen this team do enough yet to have a lot of confidence that we should be talking about championship run, as was in the other post. I am looking forward to tonight's game to see how we do.

hradhak
10-14-2012, 02:11 PM
Despite some of its obvious shortcomings, this is the best team the Texans have ever fielded, and it's one of the best teams in the NFL right now. And in a weak division to boot. Although we realistically have no reason to complain some of us still do. For my part it's not meant to aggravate, it's just keeping a level head. Many many years of Houston sports fandom has bread into my soul a sense of foreboding, and as much as that sucks, it’s just the way it is.

Yeah I too have that sense of foreboding. We are not a city with a dominant team over time. Enjoy this season while we have it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ChampionTexan
10-14-2012, 02:46 PM

Nah, I think I'll enjoy things now and for the remainder of the season, and think about what could be instead of waiting until things are almost finished and looking back and thinking how much fun it should have been.

And if there's a disappointment or three along the way, well, I'm pretty sure I've got the cojones to deal with it instead of getting pissed at the world for my lot in life.

BullBlitz
10-14-2012, 02:50 PM
Nah, I think I'll enjoy things now and for the remainder of the season, and think about what could be instead of waiting until things are almost finished and looking back and thinking how much fun it should have been.

And if there's a disappointment or three along the way, well, I'm pretty sure I've got the cojones to deal with it instead of getting pissed at the world for my lot in life.

Sounds like you already are. Who said anything about that?

DaTruthExplodes
10-14-2012, 03:24 PM
http://i.qkme.me/3p3m3k.jpg

you cant blame some texan fans for being skeptical and not blindly following this regime because we have a 5-0 record after finally breaking through last year and winning a playoff game.

That does not buy you invincibility mode in this business.

Greatness requires CONSTANT VERIFICATION.

Marcus
10-14-2012, 03:40 PM
Did you get banned from another football message board or something?

DexmanC
10-14-2012, 09:32 PM
This game is a slaughter.

ObsiWan
10-14-2012, 10:29 PM
This game is a slaughter.

Not looking good....

Where the hell is Wade's famed defense???

Texecutioner
10-14-2012, 10:32 PM
Not looking good....

Where the hell is Wade's famed defense???

They are there, but they're playing an elite QB with his back against the wall record wise.

I'm glad we're playing Rodgers tonight. We needed this challenge.

Dread-Head
10-14-2012, 10:34 PM
I love how "unbiased" the officials and the NBC commentators are being.

DaTruthExplodes
10-14-2012, 10:37 PM
BU BU BU BUT KUBIAK IS A GURU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Texecutioner
10-14-2012, 10:42 PM

We get it. You don't like Kubiak, and you think his offensive play calling and preparation is overrated. You have some valid points in my opinion, but you don't need to keep pounding that point in. I understand the whole history thing, but up until this game we've played the kind of football that Kubiak wants to see and we have won games under his methodical approach whether it's right or wrong.

You're not going to gain any followers by continuing to try and prove this at this point though. Let time show the results as we have another 10 games to see what Gary can do with this offense.

corytx8
10-14-2012, 11:06 PM
We get it. You don't like Kubiak, and you think his offensive play calling and preparation is overrated. You have some valid points in my opinion, but you don't need to keep pounding that point in. I understand the whole history thing, but up until this game we've played the kind of football that Kubiak wants to see and we have won games under his methodical approach whether it's right or wrong.

You're not going to gain any followers by continuing to try and prove this at this point though. Let time show the results as we have another 10 games to see what Gary can do with this offense.

Thank you! Put this guy in his place...

Luv_ya_blue
10-14-2012, 11:09 PM

Thank you! Put this guy in his place...

What do you expect from a guy that evidently got the boot from the "step child" message board. Couldn't cut it on the JV team, but now he thinks he can carry the rock on the varsity squad.

Won't take him long to get the message here; otherwise it'll be same story different verse.

Mr teX
10-14-2012, 11:13 PM

How is this on kubiak? The defense got torched by an elite qb and they bottled up our run game....which makes it difficult to throw the ball....the pack were a team with their backs against the wall & u knew they'd come out balling.

ObsiWan
10-14-2012, 11:29 PM

So is WADE! FORTY-TWO points on his famed Defense. They so far ahead they can put in the backup QB.

....but this is all Kubiak's fault.

ObsiWan
10-14-2012, 11:35 PM
They are there, but they're playing an elite QB with his back against the wall record wise.

I'm glad we're playing Rodgers tonight. We needed this challenge.

Yup. Maybe this butt whuppin' on national TV will wake 'em up. One thing's for sure, we won't be ranked #1 after tonight. I'd be surprised if we stay in the top five.

BullNation4Life
10-14-2012, 11:57 PM
Yup. Maybe this butt whuppin' on national TV will wake 'em up. One thing's for sure, we won't be ranked #1 after tonight. I'd be surprised if we stay in the top five.

I recall 42 being hung on this defense last year by the Saints, then the Texans came out and had a dominating defensive year...

Texanmike02
10-15-2012, 12:15 AM

What? This is a stupid post. There is one thing to blame for this loss. Penalties. A complete lack of discipline. You cannot extend droves for any NFL qb much less Rogers. The sky isn't falling. You can decide to believe that this was the Texans for real. This is a game that you can hang your hat on. Congrats. The Texans got embarrassed and you are happy about it. That means you need to carry your ass to another team and root for them. This team is still 5-1.

Mike

DBCooper
10-15-2012, 09:16 AM
What? This is a stupid post. There is one thing to blame for this loss. Penalties. A complete lack of discipline. You cannot extend droves for any NFL qb much less Rogers. The sky isn't falling. You can decide to believe that this was the Texans for real. This is a game that you can hang your hat on. Congrats. The Texans got embarrassed and you are happy about it. That means you need to carry your ass to another team and root for them. This team is still 5-1.

Mike

Lol, never seen a fan so happy to see his team lose.

GP
10-15-2012, 09:45 AM

You gotta admit, though, the guy is persistent and doesn't let his foot off the gas pedal.

So in a sense, we need Kubiak to be a bit more like that poster.

He's just modeling for GK what we all need to see on game days. LOL.

Texanmike02
10-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Lol, never seen a fan so happy to see his team lose.

I'm not happy to see us lose. I'm just not going to go jump off of a cliff. This isn't the end of the world. At the end of the day wether we lose this game by 10 or 35 it doesn't matter, its a loss. The good news is that our problems were not even "correctable", they were what happens when you don't come to play. We were undisciplined. That is not a hallmark of this team. It was a bad night, non conference. Am I bent? Yeah. Work is hell today, you should see my office. EVERYONE knows I'm THE Texans fan (Its hard to miss with all of the texans stuff I've put up). I'm pissed about the way we played yesterday but that's a hell out of a lot better than being pissed back in 07 or 08. I was pissed that the team was nothing more than mediocre. THAT sucked. And then you have fans like DTE. That guy roots for bad things to happen. Why be a fan? Go follow the Browns or the Cubs. Find yourself a perennial loser and ***** and moan about how bad they are. Even if you think Kubiak is terrible surely you would want to be wrong? Nah, more important that he feed his little ego. So be it. Root for another team if that's how you feel.

Mike

silvrhand
10-15-2012, 01:23 PM
I'm not happy to see us lose. I'm just not going to go jump off of a cliff. This isn't the end of the world. At the end of the day wether we lose this game by 10 or 35 it doesn't matter, its a loss. The good news is that our problems were not even "correctable", they were what happens when you don't come to play. We were undisciplined. That is not a hallmark of this team. It was a bad night, non conference. Am I bent? Yeah. Work is hell today, you should see my office. EVERYONE knows I'm THE Texans fan (Its hard to miss with all of the texans stuff I've put up). I'm pissed about the way we played yesterday but that's a hell out of a lot better than being pissed back in 07 or 08. I was pissed that the team was nothing more than mediocre. THAT sucked. And then you have fans like DTE. That guy roots for bad things to happen. Why be a fan? Go follow the Browns or the Cubs. Find yourself a perennial loser and ***** and moan about how bad they are. Even if you think Kubiak is terrible surely you would want to be wrong? Nah, more important that he feed his little ego. So be it. Root for another team if that's how you feel.

Mike

Personally I just wanted Cowher :)

Texanmike02
10-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Personally I just wanted Cowher :)

I just wanted to win. After 06 (when everyone was predicting we would make the playoffs) I didn't care. Some people claimed that "I knew it all along" some people were shocked, who cares. Sure, I hope I'm right about a game. I hope that watching football for 30 years has taught me something but at the same time I just want a good team. If its Kubiak, so be it. If its Cowher, so be it. Hell, if Sam Wyche can lead us to victory (I hate him btw) I'm good with it. Take us to a superbowl and I will lead the charge for building a statue.

To steal a line from the Faiders, "Just win baby".

Mike

DBCooper
10-15-2012, 01:53 PM

Mike

And just to be clear I was referring to DaToofExplodes, not you with my comment.

If both of us are tag teaming him, you know he crossed some sort of line, lol

Lurvinator11
10-15-2012, 02:35 PM

Mike

I wanted to rep you but couldn't. Msr if anyone can.

I find it funny that DTE comes in, before the packers game, spews all of this "I don't trust Kubiak" garbage, and now that we lost he is dancing around singing "I told ya! I told ya! Kubiak the offenseive guru my arse" Sure, you might not like Kubiak, but none of the talk he is giving is warranted. If he has been a fan since the inception, he should know that times are good right now. That and also, it's like what wolf123 said, he basically came in and complained about the first eight years of problems and blamed them all on Kubiak. Sorry, but Kubiak ain't responsible for giving up 42 points. That goes on Wade. Plain and simple.

I know I will look like sunshine pusher, but I don't care. I'm an optimist through and through. Hell, I said the Texans could be super bowl champs within ten years back in 2008! That's how good I feel about the team. Anyway, I'm somewhat glad we lost, and are not the last team to go undefeated. I mean, when was the last time a team with the best record in the league won the Super Bowl. Well you have to go all the way back to 2004 when the Pats went 14-2.

The only other point I have to make, is how we respond next week. If we come out next week and destroy the ravens, I won't be worried at all. No joke. You have your bad games, and yes this past game was bad, but if we beat the ravens next week, then all will be well. If we don't, well it looks like DTE was somewhat right. Not all the way right, but somewhat. And that is a lot coming from a guy who used players from the other coaching job to blame Kubiak.

Texanmike02
10-15-2012, 02:44 PM
I wanted to rep you but couldn't. Msr if anyone can.

I find it funny that DTE comes in, before the packers game, spews all of this "I don't trust Kubiak" garbage, and now that we lost he is dancing around singing "I told ya! I told ya! Kubiak the offenseive guru my arse" Sure, you might not like Kubiak, but none of the talk he is giving is warranted. If he has been a fan since the inception, he should know that times are good right now. That and also, it's like what wolf123 said, he basically came in and complained about the first eight years of problems and blamed them all on Kubiak. Sorry, but Kubiak ain't responsible for giving up 42 points. That goes on Wade. Plain and simple.

I know I will look like sunshine pusher, but I don't care. I'm an optimist through and through. Hell, I said the Texans could be super bowl champs within ten years back in 2008! That's how good I feel about the team. Anyway, I'm somewhat glad we lost, and are not the last team to go undefeated. I mean, when was the last time a team with the best record in the league won the Super Bowl. Well you have to go all the way back to 2004 when the Pats went 14-2.

The only other point I have to make, is how we respond next week. If we come out next week and destroy the ravens, I won't be worried at all. No joke. You have your bad games, and yes this past game was bad, but if we beat the ravens next week, then all will be well. If we don't, well it looks like DTE was somewhat right. Not all the way right, but somewhat. And that is a lot coming from a guy who used players from the other coaching job to blame Kubiak.

The funny thing is that I'm not an optimist. People who were on the board before the merge might remember I used to do a detailed rundown of the games. When we were winning I was never as high as anyone and when we were losing I was never as doom and gloom. I just see the team for what they are because it never does any good trying to make them into something they aren't.

Mostly I just don't like the "I'm a fan of.... but they will always suck. Cleveland has a place for people like that.

Mike

Vinny
10-15-2012, 02:46 PM
I think a lot of fans were butt-hert by no gloss from and underwhelmed media last week when we barely beat a mediocre Jets team, so they are uber-disappointed getting blown out last night.

DaTruthExplodes
10-15-2012, 03:20 PM
My Problems with Kubiak during this game:

1. Why did Kubiak start with a pass happy offensive set? I think that's what caused the funky start that we had. We are one of the top running teams in the entire nfl and we have one of the best running back duos in the nfl yet we start passing? This same strategy caused us to give up a quick 5 points to denver btw.

their defense is pretty shoddy up front with raji gone. they have clay matthews rushing. Wouldnt it serve us better if we started running the ball?

-keep rogers off the field.
-make matthews and that defense use up some energy by running instead of giving them free reign to rush schaub with 100% of their energy right off the bat. tire them out first then go for some passes.
-gives some rhythm to the offensive line especially the right.

Instead we go pass happy, schaub gets sacked and we get off to a horrendous start offensively.

2. You see we are struggling with the passing game why not change it up and put keyshawn martin in for more reps instead of walter who has trouble getting separation. Arian is a great pass catching rb BUT WE NEVER RUN ENOUGH SCREEN PLAYS FOR ARIAN. His offensive set is far too vanilla and lacks dynamic diversity when it comes to strictly PASSING PLAYS. We are far too reliant on the play action to get big yards.

3. Why is kubiak using Foster to run throw away run plays like running out a half. Why not use tate or even forsett? why continue to give foster reps to add to his totals? save foster for more meaningful runs, not throw away runs. Ben tate can sure use the reps. even before tate got hurt and ESPECIALLY LAST YEAR, kubiak doesnt give tate enough reps.

4. when is merciless going to see the field? he's suppose to give reed and barwin rest but i havent seen him play a snap on defense. why not trot him out there, spell struggling barwin and reed. they will be fresher for it later in the game.

5. why is kubiak so averse at trying to score just before the half ends with little time? i mean he just completely shuts it down and gives up and runs out the ball (using foster ahhhhhahhh) why not take some shots down the field or try to get a field goal. HE NEVER GOES FOR IT. This goes back to my complaints about kubiak not having a killer instinct & being far too conservative playing not to lose instead of trying to win.

6. the horrible clock management. on offense not calling a time out and one on defense were aaron rodgers pretended to go for it. COMMON FREAKING SENSE SAY USE A TIMEOUT BOTH TIMES!!! Even al michaels and collinsworth were perplexed at why they didnt call a time out.

7. i refuse to believe kareem jackson is a better corner than roc carmichael and or brandon harris. i just refuse to. ive seen carmichael play in preseason games this year where he more than held his own. he also had some great plays where HE ACTUALLY TURNED HIS HEAD AROUND AND LOOKED FOR THE BALL, something kareem just cannot do. this is another pet peeve of mine about kubiak. HE REFUSES TO MAKE CHANGES AND ADJUSTMENTS TO STRUGGLING PERSONNEL except when running backs fumble and they get the steve slaton treatment. Why not do it for other struggling positions? They are going to ride and die with kareem because they want to save face publicly and not admit they made a mistake with him.

8. special teams. lets just move on.

9. Penalties. That is lack of discipline. That is a reflection of the head coach.

10. Not going for it on 3rd and short. We are behind, you have foster and tate & a great offensive line. why not go for it? instead we settle for field goals. Goes back to my no killer instinct play not to lose instead of playing to win critique of kubiak.

silvrhand
10-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Can you go back to the old boards? Kk thx.

76Texan
10-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Wade has total freedom on the defensive side.

If you have any gripe on that end, put it on the right honcho. :gun:

DaTruthExplodes
10-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Wade has total freedom on the defensive side.

If you have any gripe on that end, put it on the right honcho. :gun:

so the defensive coordinator supersedes the head coach?

is gary kubiak not in charge of his team?

Vinny
10-15-2012, 03:33 PM

good god...yeah, Kubiak runs the defense. No wonder you are so mad at this little game...you don't understand it.

76Texan

Whatever, dude.
Just have it your way.

Have a good day!

fiasco west
Was there really a need for ANOTHER Kubiak thread?

Vinny
10-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Was there really a need for ANOTHER Kubiak thread?not really but let him rant here in his own thread...less pollution in the others.

utahmark
10-15-2012, 03:34 PM
i'll take a shot at a couple of those.

1. We are a balance offense not a run first team. There are not any of those left. We have started out throwing the ball a lot in recent games not just this one. The nfl is no longer all about the run if you can't pass in this league you can't win.

3. I think you keep Foster in to keep your continuity. You don't wont to turn the ball over in that situation.

4. I think thats Wade's problem.

5. Because our offensive line can't protect and Schaub isnt very mobile. He does'nt want to get him killed.

6. Isnt that the same as 5.

7. I don't think you watch us play a lot. He did have his worst game this year but Jonathan Joseph was worse than Kareem.

9. So our first 5 games we showed discipline. Did you give him credit after those games.

10. I actually agree with you on this one. He should of known this was'nt a field goal game by that time in the game. Should of went for it.

One thing Kubiak does'nt get enough credit for is that he lets the defense have most of the top draft picks year after year and he just makes due with whats left and does a pretty good job putting points up on the board. I think it's starting to show a little this year, though.

TackHammer
10-15-2012, 03:35 PM

No that means Kubs is smart enough to let the man do his job.

DaTruthExplodes
10-15-2012, 03:37 PM
good god...yeah, Kubiak runs the defense. No wonder you are so mad at this little game...you don't understand it.

last time i checked the head coach is above the defensive coordinator.

If Kubiak feels like he needs to overrule wade on something that is his right as the head coach of this team.

the buck stops with the head coach. you're the one that doesnt understand it.

Vinny
10-15-2012, 03:39 PM

If Kubiak feels like he needs to overrule wade on something that is his right as the head coach of this team.

the buck stops with the head coach. you're the one that doesnt understand it.I've forgotten more about football than you actually know...but don't let that stop you. It's your show. Please, educate the masses.

utahmark
10-15-2012, 03:40 PM

the buck stops with the head coach. you're the one that doesnt understand it.

You don't go get one of the best defensive coordinators in the league and then do the job yourself. Especially when you are an offensive guy.

Goldensilence
10-15-2012, 03:55 PM
I could pick apart this game, but what it really comes down to is despite Greenbay's record coming into last night, they're always a dangerous team. Problem is though that they NEEDED to win this game to keep pace in the NFC playoff picture. The Texans caught a very game team with their back against the wall; a loss would've dropped them to 2-4.

This team is good, but I don't think it was ever going to be good enough to challenge the unbeaten record. I'm never glad to lose, but I'd rather this team lose early in the season.

I will say I saw Quinn lined up close to the LOS quite a bit last night, I dunno if he was intended to help the ILB with coverage issues without Cushing or what.

I do think the FO needs to really consider making a serious move to address the loss of Cushing in the middle.

AMartin56
10-15-2012, 04:07 PM
That last two games were very depressing and I'm no Kubiak fan, but at some point I just had to face facts....he's not going anywhere.

Having said that it still DOES suprise me (not sure why at this point....Kubes is as Kube does) that the offense sputters as much as it does with an 'offensive guru' as our head couch.

Maybe we just need time to find a workable third receiver and a right side of our O line. Hopefully we can scratch and claw for enough victories to get a good seed in the playoffs and then have a solid unit by then. Briesel was developed out of nowhere...it could happen again.

But I still can't shake the feeling that at times Kubiak seems to do less with more than what other coaches make do with. Maybe it's the complexity of the zone blocking scheme....I have no idea. Now granted...he won a playoff game with a rookie QB...but for every game like that he seems to lose one like the second game vs. the Colts last year. Green Bay had a makeshift line and injuries galore last night and they still lit us up!

DaTruthExplodes
10-15-2012, 04:47 PM
You don't go get one of the best defensive coordinators in the league and then do the job yourself. Especially when you are an offensive guy.

did i say fire wade philips and let kubiak take charge of the defense?

NO.

I said kubiak is the head coach and is above everybody else except the gm and owner and if he feels like he needs to overrule wade on one or two things on the defensive side of the ball whether be it a specific personnel move or a certain call on defense he should do it.

i reckon this is how it works everywhere.

DaTruthExplodes
10-15-2012, 04:53 PM
things that kubiak needs to do from now on:

1. start giving merciless snaps and spell brooks and barwin.

2. give carmichael and harris a chance. give them some snaps and spell kareem and joseph duing the game.

3. stop using back up offensive players in special teams. this unit is weak right now. use every single defensive player you have instead of back up offensive players. use some starters if you have to. rotate them to lessen the workload.

b0ng
10-15-2012, 04:55 PM

1. Why did Kubiak start with a pass happy offensive set? I think that's what caused the funky start that we had. We are one of the top running teams in the entire nfl and we have one of the best running back duos in the nfl yet we start passing? This same strategy caused us to give up a quick 5 points to denver btw.

their defense is pretty shoddy up front with raji gone. they have clay matthews rushing. Wouldnt it serve us better if we started running the ball?

-make matthews and that defense use up some energy by running instead of giving them free reign to rush schaub with 100% of their energy right off the bat. tire them out first then go for some passes.

Instead we go pass happy, schaub gets sacked and we get off to a horrendous start offensively.

2. You see we are struggling with the passing game why not change it up and put keyshawn martin in for more reps instead of walter who has trouble getting separation. Arian is a great pass catching rb BUT WE NEVER RUN ENOUGH SCREEN PLAYS FOR ARIAN. His offensive set is far too vanilla and lacks dynamic diversity when it comes to strictly PASSING PLAYS. We are far too reliant on the play action to get big yards.

3. Why is kubiak using Foster to run throw away run plays like running out a half. Why not use tate or even forsett? why continue to give foster reps to add to his totals? save foster for more meaningful runs, not throw away runs. Ben tate can sure use the reps. even before tate got hurt and ESPECIALLY LAST YEAR, kubiak doesnt give tate enough reps.

4. when is merciless going to see the field? he's suppose to give reed and barwin rest but i havent seen him play a snap on defense. why not trot him out there, spell struggling barwin and reed. they will be fresher for it later in the game.

5. why is kubiak so averse at trying to score just before the half ends with little time? i mean he just completely shuts it down and gives up and runs out the ball (using foster ahhhhhahhh) why not take some shots down the field or try to get a field goal. HE NEVER GOES FOR IT. This goes back to my complaints about kubiak not having a killer instinct & being far too conservative playing not to lose instead of trying to win.

6. the horrible clock management. on offense not calling a time out and one on defense were aaron rodgers pretended to go for it. COMMON FREAKING SENSE SAY USE A TIMEOUT BOTH TIMES!!! Even al michaels and collinsworth were perplexed at why they didnt call a time out.

7. i refuse to believe kareem jackson is a better corner than roc carmichael and or brandon harris. i just refuse to. ive seen carmichael play in preseason games this year where he more than held his own. he also had some great plays where HE ACTUALLY TURNED HIS HEAD AROUND AND LOOKED FOR THE BALL, something kareem just cannot do. this is another pet peeve of mine about kubiak. HE REFUSES TO MAKE CHANGES AND ADJUSTMENTS TO STRUGGLING PERSONNEL except when running backs fumble and they get the steve slaton treatment. Why not do it for other struggling positions? They are going to ride and die with kareem because they want to save face publicly and not admit they made a mistake with him.

9. Penalties. That is lack of discipline. That is a reflection of the head coach.

10. Not going for it on 3rd and short. We are behind, you have foster and tate & a great offensive line. why not go for it? instead we settle for field goals. Goes back to my no killer instinct play not to lose instead of playing to win critique of kubiak.

Cool story bro.

GuerillaBlack
10-15-2012, 05:01 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/154/912/berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465

utahmark
10-15-2012, 05:03 PM
things that kubiak needs to do from now on:

1. start giving merciless snaps and spell brooks and barwin.

2. give carmichael and harris a chance. give them some snaps and spell kareem and joseph duing the game.

3. stop using back up offensive players in special teams. this unit is weak right now. use every single defensive player you have instead of back up offensive players. use some starters if you have to. rotate them to lessen the workload.

I tried dude.

TheIronDuke
10-15-2012, 05:34 PM
DaTruthExplodesCrappyThreadsAllOverTT

b0ng
10-15-2012, 05:55 PM
I don't want to be a backseat moderator but could we just merge this thread with this -> http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95315 and then rename it "DTE tells Kubiak how it is"

Lurvinator11
10-15-2012, 07:22 PM
I don't want to be a backseat moderator but could we just merge this thread with this -> http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95315 and then rename it "DTE tells Kubiak how it is"

Or better yet, why don't we make a sub board called "DTE tells Kubiak off" and make it to where only he can see it. That way everytime he decided to post something dumb (which is always) we just move it there.

Seriously, he thinks he is a football coach, yet has no grasp on the responsibilities of each coach on this team.

He should go work for ESPN.......:vincepalm:

DBCooper
10-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Kubiak: yeah Wade, ya see the thing is........I'm the Head Coach.........you need to put in Mercilus and we are cutting that KJ kid........and I need you to come in on Saturday.......mmmmkay.

Wade: You're a dumbass.

Premier
10-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Problem is though that they NEEDED to win this game to keep pace in the NFC playoff picture. The Texans caught a very game team with their back against the wall; a loss would've dropped them to 2-4.

the better team with a proven history came in here and smacked an overrated team that hasnt proven a damn thing.. texans need to man the f up and win some statement games against playoff teams...

DaTruthExplodes
10-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Cool story bro.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/154/912/berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465

so instead of proving me wrong i get limp and lame flame attempts.

gotcha.

midway
10-15-2012, 10:20 PM
This is the type of thread that makes you happy that this forum has ignore lists.

Luv_ya_blue
10-15-2012, 11:01 PM

gotcha.

DTE,
There comes a time where your mind-less, soul-less ignorance is so profound--that even the most knowledgable minds on this board refuse to try and educate the uneducated. You see, in order to understand that this...
http://appleadayproject.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/apple-full2.jpg
...is in fact an apple--one must first understand WHAT an apple is.

So in order to understand this...
http://www.fanloop.com/fanimages/1001186/HoustonTexasLogo.jpg
...you must first learn what this is...

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2012/06/30/9754569/football.png

Found you a couple links to start your journey:
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/f5/cd/d373c060ada079638fdce110.L._AA300_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/0028617436/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0&isremote=0)
http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Understanding-Football/dp/0028617436/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1350356139&sr=8-3&keywords=football+101+for+dummies
Author: Joe Theisman (he was a football player)

http://www.karenehman.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Football-for-Dummies-Long-Howie-9780470125366.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Football-For-Dummies-USA-Edition/dp/0470125365/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350356139&sr=8-1&keywords=football+101+for+dummies
Author: Howie Long (also a football player)

Just lookin' out for ya bud.

BullNation4Life
10-15-2012, 11:57 PM

stopped reading after "My Problems with Kubiak during this game:"

dude you want to whine a cry this much, slap up a blog on a blog page. Not a blog on a message board....

b0ng
10-16-2012, 07:43 AM

gotcha.

Maybe its a sign that you should stop posting.

Texanmike02
10-16-2012, 08:29 AM

gotcha.

You get limp?

I will ask people to stop with the lame flame attempts, but I cannot help with the former. Bill's into porn and CND's a doc... maybe one of them can suggest something that can help you with that.

Mike

ObsiWan
10-16-2012, 09:42 AM
You gotta admit, though, the guy is persistent and doesn't let his foot off the gas pedal.

So in a sense, we need Kubiak to be a bit more like that poster.

He's just modeling for GK what we all need to see on game days. LOL.

That's the problem, just like some folks think of Kubiak, this guy is persisting to attack with the same FLAWED approach and, just like Kubiak, he won't change.

So from that sense, he and Kubiak are EXACTLY ALIKE. Stubborn. Maybe that's why he hates Kubiak. Whenever he looks at GK, he sees himself!

DaTruthExplodes
10-16-2012, 05:09 PM
DTE,
There comes a time where your mind-less, soul-less ignorance is so profound--that even the most knowledgable minds on this board refuse to try and educate the uneducated. You see, in order to understand that this...
http://appleadayproject.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/apple-full2.jpg
...is in fact an apple--one must first understand WHAT an apple is.

So in order to understand this...
http://www.fanloop.com/fanimages/1001186/HoustonTexasLogo.jpg
...you must first learn what this is...

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2012/06/30/9754569/football.png

Found you a couple links to start your journey:
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/f5/cd/d373c060ada079638fdce110.L._AA300_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/product-gallery/0028617436/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_0?ie=UTF8&index=0&isremote=0)
http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idiots-Guide-Understanding-Football/dp/0028617436/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1350356139&sr=8-3&keywords=football+101+for+dummies
Author: Joe Theisman (he was a football player)

http://www.karenehman.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Football-for-Dummies-Long-Howie-9780470125366.jpg
http://www.amazon.com/Football-For-Dummies-USA-Edition/dp/0470125365/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350356139&sr=8-1&keywords=football+101+for+dummies
Author: Howie Long (also a football player)

Just lookin' out for ya bud.

another butt hurt homer relegated to personal attacks instead of offering a similar rebuttal to my football laden post.

Look at your post, its the epitome of mindless and soulless. Posting pics in response to my 10 point football related post and im the one that's mindless and uneducated?

You and your kubiak drinking kool aid ilk are the ones that need to to understand,

JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT AGREE WITH EVERYTHING KUBIAK DOESNT MAKE YOU A TROLL/HATER/SPAMMER/ALT or whatever word you can come up with in order to try to destroy a differing opinion's credibility.

Believe it or not, there's people who dont buy everything the texan's are selling. WE are not lesser fans because of this and you are not better because you tow the company line like a mindless sheep.

I posted a 10 point football laden post and all i got back was stupid gifs and pics. Only one person tried to respond with a football related post.

RESPECT ANOTHER PERSON'S OPINION AND DEAL WITH IT. PROVE ME WRONG WITH FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE INSTEAD OF RESORTING TO FLAMING WHERE YOUR WHACK INTERNET EGO IS STROKED BY OTHER LIKE MINDED HOMER'S SOFT SENSIBILITIES.

buddyboy
10-16-2012, 05:45 PM
another butt hurt homer relegated to personal attacks instead of offering a similar rebuttal to my football laden post.

Look at your post, its the epitome of mindless and soulless. Posting pics in response to my 10 point football related post and im the one that's mindless and uneducated?

You and your kubiak drinking kool aid ilk are the ones that need to to understand,

JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT AGREE WITH EVERYTHING KUBIAK DOESNT MAKE YOU A TROLL/HATER/SPAMMER/ALT or whatever word you can come up with in order to try to destroy a differing opinion's credibility.

Believe it or not, there's people who dont buy everything the texan's are selling. WE are not lesser fans because of this and you are not better because you tow the company line like a mindless sheep.

I posted a 10 point football laden post and all i got back was stupid gifs and pics. Only one person tried to respond with a football related post.

RESPECT ANOTHER PERSON'S OPINION AND DEAL WITH IT. PROVE ME WRONG WITH FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE INSTEAD OF RESORTING TO FLAMING WHERE YOUR WHACK INTERNET EGO IS STROKED BY OTHER LIKE MINDED HOMER'S SOFT SENSIBILITIES.

I agree with you on some points, but I also think you are coming off as very abrasive. I'll respond do your football post though:

1) Hindsight is always 20/20. If we had come out running and Arian ran with his 1.7 yard/carry average, we'd be upset that we didn't come out more aggressive. That we'd be playing conservative and "not to lose". People would complain why didn't we come out on the attack? just like people have complained why we came out passing. More on this on number 5.

2) I agree, last year the screen game with Arian was very effective. We could, and should, see more of it. Hopefully the new right side of the line has nothing to do with this.

3) I agree to an extent also. Tate DID give it up in a CRUCIAL time in the Jets game, but I still agree to a degree.

4) Merciless has been coming in for plays. Just because you don't personally see it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Comments like this, factless speculation passed as truth, is what is rubbing people the wrong way I think.

5) Risking it with less than a minute at the end of the half can go either way. And I don't know if you can say either way is "right". It's just two different philosophies. I'm sure if we're down by a lot, Kubiak is more than willing to be aggressive. On the other hand, in a close-ish game, I think Kubiak is willing to trust his defense and make sure we don't give the opponent an easy way to step on our throats before half.

6) Every fanbase will be frustrated with their HC's clock management/challenge record. I don't know how he stacks up against the league, but I'm sure 90% of fan bases think their HC needs to do a better job in those 2 areas. Just the nature of the beast.

7) You refuse to believe, yet in other posts you want people to convince you. If his play on the field hasn't already convinced you, then no amount of verbage will, especially when you make a statement like that. Kareem has played far better and is a serviceable corner, at worst.

8) Agreed, let's move on.

9) Texans are 24th in the league in penalty yardage, 15th in number of penalties for 2012. They were 2nd in yardage, 4th in number last year, fyi, with the same reflection of the same head coach.

10) I imagine you mean 4th and short. And he's done it a few times this year, if I recall correctly. Again, this goes back to trusting your defense. Also, this goes back to 20/20 hindsight. He goes for it and they don't convert, people are going to whine. He doesn't go for it, people are going to whine.

b0ng
10-16-2012, 06:26 PM

I cannot imagine why the main Texans board would not want such a unique and beautiful snowflake such as yourself to post your masturbatory Kubiak retaliation threads (notice the plural) everywhere on the forum. What a rash and harsh decision the yolk of oppression has laid upon you and your so beautiful posting style and rhetoric. We simpletons here at TexansTalk are so blessed to have you here to tell us in poorly punctuated and capitalized posts how wrong everybody is for loving this headcoaching phony we have here in Houston. Not since Martin Luther King have I seen such a leader of men be able to bring together so many people under such a noble cause. Please, we need more threads about Kubiak, more I say, more!!

Luv_ya_blue
10-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Look bud, there's a reason that the mods & admins tried (repeatedly) to get you to spend some time learning the people you're trying to insight hostility, rather than just coming in like a troll and stirring up crap. Let me give you a newsflash: YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY ZERO CREDIBILITY WITH ANYONE ON THIS BOARD. And evidently you have LESS THAN THAT with the board you just left. Common denominator is you Pard. Connect the dots.

As to ME being a "homer" of any sort just shows how ignorant you are to the people you're trying to engage in intelligent conversation.

The epitome of mindless?!?! Do you know how long it took me to find those pics and links?? Come on man!

No, no no! You misunderstand everyones comments! It's not the fact that you don't "agree with everything kubiak" that makes you a troll/hater/etc. God knows that there are more than enough people round these parts that don't like kubiak or his approach--yours truly being one of them. It's the fact that you come off as a petulant little child, an obnoxious jerk or a babbling drone. As I've been told many times on this very board: It's not your material that is offensive, IT'S YOUR APPROACH! Again, YOU DON'T KNOW ANYONE HERE--and you come in slinging crap at everyone non-stop. Now, if you don't like the fact that people are going to defend one another against and go on the attack against a TURDSTOOL such as yourself, then do yourself a favor-->back away from the boards a bit. Spend a few weeks READING POSTS and getting to know the posters, and then ease back into the fray.

Again, this comment shows just exactly how LITTLE you actually know about the members of this board. Step away dude, take a breath and learn to know the guys that you're talking to. You haven't EARNED THE RIGHT to be taken seriously yet. And your posts don't help.

RESPECT ANOTHER PERSON'S OPINION AND DEAL WITH IT.

Take a little dose of your own medicine, bud.

Mr teX
10-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Lol at u guys still entertaing this dude...he's obviously a
:trapstar:

thunderkyss
10-16-2012, 11:59 PM
No, no no! You misunderstand everyones comments! It's not the fact that you don't "agree with everything kubiak" that makes you a troll/hater/etc. God knows that there are more than enough people round these parts that don't like kubiak or his approach--yours truly being one of them.

Spot on..... but, what is that saying about arguing with idjits on the internet?

DaTruthExplodes
10-17-2012, 01:27 AM
Look bud, there's a reason that the mods & admins tried (repeatedly) to get you to spend some time learning the people you're trying to insight hostility, rather than just coming in like a troll and stirring up crap. Let me give you a newsflash: YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY ZERO CREDIBILITY WITH ANYONE ON THIS BOARD. And evidently you have LESS THAN THAT with the board you just left. Common denominator is you Pard. Connect the dots.

insight hostility? all i did was make a thread saying i dont trust kubiak and schaub & laid out why. Its only hostility because you dont agree with the take.I DIDNT START THE NAME CALLING. THE PEOPLE THAT DISAGREED WITH MY TAKE DID. LOOK AT MY POST HISTORY.

As for crediblity, i didnt sign up for this board to "gain credibility" but to kill time and talk texans football. Im not you, trying to regain/ rekindle some popularity you never had in real life.

Stirring crap? What like every message board in the world? I never broke any rules and i have always talked football. You guys were the ones acting all hostile towards me because you didnt like my take. Be real and admit it. LIKE I SAID BEFORE, CHECK MY POST HISTORY. CHECK EVERY THREAD I MADE. I MAKE FOOTBALL POINTS AND PEOPLE COME IN AND START THE NAME CALLING. I ONLY RETURN FIRE WHEN FIRED UPON.

As to ME being a "homer" of any sort just shows how ignorant you are to the people you're trying to engage in intelligent conversation.

The epitome of mindless?!?! Do you know how long it took me to find those pics and links?? Come on man!

so you throw out insults but when i actually turn it around on you and show how much of a hypocrite you are you go and try to weasel out of it by "you know how long it took me to get those pictures come on man!"

what being mindless has a time limit now? yea, no wonder it didnt take you too long, it was mindless after all. If it had any thought in it or "soul", it would take time.

No, no no! You misunderstand everyones comments! It's not the fact that you don't "agree with everything kubiak" that makes you a troll/hater/etc. God knows that there are more than enough people round these parts that don't like kubiak or his approach--yours truly being one of them. It's the fact that you come off as a petulant little child, an obnoxious jerk or a babbling drone. As I've been told many times on this very board: It's not your material that is offensive, IT'S YOUR APPROACH! Again, YOU DON'T KNOW ANYONE HERE--and you come in slinging crap at everyone non-stop. Now, if you don't like the fact that people are going to defend one another against and go on the attack against a TURDSTOOL such as yourself, then do yourself a favor-->back away from the boards a bit. Spend a few weeks READING POSTS and getting to know the posters, and then ease back into the fray.

Give me freaking break and stop perpetrating a fraud. THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH MY APPROACH. WHAT'S WRONG IS THE FACT THAT IM NEW AND I HAVE NEGATIVE OPINION OF KUBIAK. If i made a thread titled I NOW TRUST THE KUBIAK AND SCHAUB REGIME and start extolling the positives of this regime this thread would have died the very same day and im everyones new friend. Lets just get real here.

If would have done that, would my post be described as obnoxious? petulant? no it wouldnt. it would generate a positive reaction instead of a negative one. WE ARE IN TEXANS TALK.COM right? Its only seen as the way you see it because you're just on the opposite end of the spectrum and im on the other. When it comes to kubiak's record, no one end of the spectrum has supreme authority to say they are in morally righteous side of the argument.

& the slinging crap at everyone? MODS, CHECK MY POST HISTORY, I ONLY DEFENDED MYSELF TO THOSE WHO WERE ATTACKING ME.

Again, this comment shows just exactly how LITTLE you actually know about the members of this board. Step away dude, take a breath and learn to know the guys that you're talking to. You haven't EARNED THE RIGHT to be taken seriously yet. And your posts don't help.

Take a little dose of your own medicine, bud.

I have never disrespected anybody's opinion. i stated my opinion on kubiak and people started the generic reaction flame attacks. I COULDNT CARE LESS. I made my post about kubiak and schaub and why i feel that way. that's all i wanted to talk about. everybody whose e-motion got hurt felt the need to resort to personal attacks. i responded accordingly.

The fact that your still arguing with me acting like my new groupie proves that you're the one that needs to deal with a differing opinion despite how much seniority that person has. I mean, where the heck are we? the military?

Or a internet message board about the nfl?

I dont care if im new and i stepped on your unwritten code of etiquette that you personally have. I havent broken any rules here.

Im new and i have a opinion about the houston texans, and i made a thread about it.

Isnt that what we are here for?

Or are YOU here to make friends to fill the void?

ATXtexanfan
10-17-2012, 02:15 AM
This thread is awesome.

Thorn
10-17-2012, 09:19 AM
This thread is awesome.

:lol:

And after everyone is done having their fun, remember, the "ignore" feature is there for a reason.

Texanmike02
10-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Spot on..... but, what is that saying about arguing with idjits on the internet?

When I was a kid I had a friend that used to punch a wall. I never understood it. He said he was bored and just did it for fun. Looking back it was probably a little theraputic. I understand now. About a year ago there was a Mussop thread. He adjusted eventually. Eventually DTE will look around and realize that he is like the guy in the library yelling "WOULD EVERYBODY SHUT UP. THIS IS A LIBRARY!". Nobody else is yelling, he is drawing attention to himself and so every once in a while somebody will whisper with hopes that he will fall into another siezure.

Texanmike Presents: Real Men of Genius
(Real men of Genius)
Today we salute you. Mr. fake fan of a football team
(Mr. fake fan of a football team)
Posting nothing but overplayed bitching and nonsense, you're living the real American dream
Coming up with new complaints for a team you love... to hate
(Love-hate relationship!)
Sure there's other teams, sports and hobbies... but you need a reason to be mad... when everyone else is having fun
(OUR QB SUCKS NOW!)
Your keen instincts tells you to stick to rooting against a team while wearing their jersey with fake complaints... but who wouldn't... when everybody else in the stadium is upset... you can yell "I was right sukkas!"
(I told you so!)
So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, Nutty Boy. 'Cause we all know, the the going gets tough, the tough fake fandom.

Here's to you DTE.

Mike

Trail.Blazr
10-17-2012, 11:31 AM
When I was a kid I had a friend that used to punch a wall. I never understood it. He said he was bored and just did it for fun. Looking back it was probably a little theraputic. I understand now. About a year ago there was a Mussop thread. He adjusted eventually. Eventually DTE will look around and realize that he is like the guy in the library yelling "WOULD EVERYBODY SHUT UP. THIS IS A LIBRARY!". Nobody else is yelling, he is drawing attention to himself and so every once in a while somebody will whisper with hopes that he will fall into another siezure.

Texanmike Presents: Real Men of Genius
(Real men of Genius)
Today we salute you. Mr. fake fan of a football team
Posting nothing but overplayed bitching and nonsense, you're living the real American dream
Coming up with new complaints for a team you love... to hate
(Love-hate relationship!)
Sure there's other teams, sports and hobbies... but you need a reason to be mad... when everyone else is having fun
(OUR QB SUCKS NOW!)
Your keen instincts tells you to stick to rooting against a team while wearing their jersey with fake complaints... but who wouldn't... when everybody else in the stadium is upset... you can yell "I was right sukkas!"
(I told you so!)
So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, Nutty Boy. 'Cause we all know, the the going gets tough, the tough fake fandom.

Here's to you DTE.

Mike

MSR x 10!

Perki-Perk
10-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Watching the OP try and defend himself to no end is like trying to watch a gazelle take down a lion.

DBCooper
10-17-2012, 12:35 PM
This is like Bizarro thread!

b0ng
10-17-2012, 12:40 PM
Lol at u guys still entertaing this dude...he's obviously a
:trapstar:

I'm kind of a masochist.

TejasTom
10-17-2012, 12:48 PM
MSR x 10!

Me too!

Texanmike02
10-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Somebody should edit the OP with a disclaimer at the end of the post.

For Entertainment Purposes Only

Mike

drs23
10-17-2012, 02:15 PM
MSR x 10!

Me too!

I got him. That cracked me up!

Rey
10-17-2012, 02:37 PM
I went back through the thread and I don't think DTE is trolling...He made some fair points IMO...

buddyboy
10-17-2012, 03:02 PM
I went back through the thread and I don't think DTE is trolling...He made some fair points IMO...

Oh, I agree. He's made some points that are definitely worth talking about. On the flip side, he's also made some points that are completely off-base, but who hasn't?

I think the biggest problem is his approach; he disagrees, but the way he posts is somewhat abrasive...it may be all the caps. :kitten:

DBCooper
10-17-2012, 03:07 PM

I don't think his points are the problem.

Here's a little gem from the gameday thread as we were getting our asses handed to us:

you are not winning no superbowl with kubiak and schaub at the helm.

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

Attitude is everything.

dream_team
10-17-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm pretty sure DTE is a nice guy, and he loves the Texans... but I can only take so much pessimism from one person. He's extremely close to being the second guy on my ignore list. Throw in a good comment here & there. Texans made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs last season w/ a 3rd string qb, and they are 5-1 this seasons, so they are obviously doing some stuff right.

You don't like the Kubiak/Schaub regime... we get it. It's a fair stance. But don't rub it into our faces every time a little bad thing happens to the Texans.

DTE also lost alot of credibility when he makes claims that Kareem Jackson shouldn't be starting on the Texans. He's having an awesome season.

Lurvinator11
10-17-2012, 04:39 PM
DTE also lost alot of credibility when he makes claims that Kareem Jackson shouldn't be starting on the Texans. He's having an awesome season.

I didn't mind him when he first came in. It was when he posted this:

That's when he lost credibility for me. Like I said, time and time again. Kubiak should not be blamed for defensive players, that goes on the DC. He also doesn't understand how important K Walter is to our offense, and, he even named a player who wasn't even here for the Kubiak era. I feel like he mushes his history together.

That and he calls us butthurt when we disagree with him. We talk football here, not shove our opinions down other's throats. If you wanna do that, go to a Tea Party rally or something.....

Rey
10-17-2012, 04:58 PM
That's when he lost credibility for me. Like I said, time and time again. Kubiak should not be blamed for defensive players, that goes on the DC.

To be fair Kubiak picks the DC. There isn't a head coach in the NFL that will escape multiple years of bad defense. They are the head coach meaning the entire team is their responsibility and ultimately fall son their plate.

utahmark
10-17-2012, 05:03 PM
To be fair Kubiak picks the DC. There isn't a head coach in the NFL that will escape multiple years of bad defense. They are the head coach meaning the entire team is their responsibility and ultimately fall son their plate.

Yes, but he should'nt start running the defense for the coordinator when things are going bad(which they are not, we are a top 10 defense). He should fire the guy and get somebody else to do the job. You don't hire a guy and then micro-manage the crap out of him. You will never get a decent defensive coordinator to work here.

Double Barrel
10-17-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm pretty sure DTE is a nice guy, and he loves the Texans... but I can only take so much pessimism from one person. He's extremely close to being the second guy on my ignore list. Throw in a good comment here & there. Texans made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs last season w/ a 3rd string qb, and they are 5-1 this seasons, so they are obviously doing some stuff right.

You don't like the Kubiak/Schaub regime... we get it. It's a fair stance. But don't rub it into our faces every time a little bad thing happens to the Texans.

His entire rant could have been posted in one of many threads on the subjects.

Starting his own thread, as a new member, about a subject that has been discussed ad nauseam the past few years that most folks are just sick of hearing about it...yeah, that will invite some verbal shotgun blasts.

Good thing he capitalized "KUBIAK" and "SCHAUB", because none of us know how to read a thread title.

Like has been mentioned, his takes are not new. Nothing fresh. Nothing new under the sun. They are not revelations. They are perspectives that have been debated for many, many years. By starting his very own thread, there appears to be a bit of arrogance that his bitching is somehow more important than everyone else's bitching on the subjects.

We all know the old saying about what opinions are like. Everyone has one and they all stink sort of thing.

The problem with a chicken little thread like this one is that he gets to regurgitate it every time something negative happens with the team. So just like the Fire Kubiak thread that is granted an infinite life until Kubiak is no longer the head coach, this thread will do the same thing until we have a new regime and a new QB.

And most likely, the OP won't trust the new guys, either. :bubbles: somebody make that guy a pink soap!

Texanmike02
10-17-2012, 08:43 PM
I got him. That cracked me up!

Thanks guys. I was hoping someone would laugh. He just seemed to be begging for a real men of genius. I looked and couldn't find one... so I wrote my own.

Mike

Texan_Bill
10-17-2012, 08:54 PM
http://i.my.afterdawn.com//standard/16598.jpg

SMH!!! Is this thread still relevant??

EFF Me!!! :gun:

Texanmike02
10-17-2012, 08:57 PM
http://i.my.afterdawn.com//standard/16598.jpg

SMH!!! Is this thread still relevant??

EFF Me!!! :gun:

http://fairervotesbelfast.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/belfast-says-yes.jpg

Mike

Texan_Bill
10-17-2012, 09:02 PM
http://fairervotesbelfast.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/belfast-says-yes.jpg

Mike

"IriSH_*Texan_Bill", says NOOOOooooooooo! :smiliepalm:

*EDIT*

That's funny to me that the filter initially censored Iri****exan_Bill...

*2nd Edit****

AND again.......
Irish............ Texan.......... Bill

Luv_ya_blue
10-17-2012, 11:03 PM
"IriSH_*Texan_Bill", says NOOOOooooooooo! :smiliepalm:

*EDIT*

That's funny to me that the filter initially censored Iri****exan_Bill...

*2nd Edit****

AND again.......
Irish............ Texan.......... Bill

:facepalm:...Bill

DaTruthExplodes
12-10-2012, 10:05 PM
& that's the difference between a great coach and quarterback from an average coach and quarterback.

2nd and long run the ball.

HORRID GAME BY KUBIAK AND SCHAUB.

DaTruthExplodes
12-23-2012, 02:56 PM
& that's the difference between a great coach and quarterback from an average coach and quarterback.

HORRID GAME BY KUBIAK AND SCHAUB.

sound familiar?

texan fans will never learn.