PDA

View Full Version : Texans on upset watch?

Stemp
10-11-2012, 01:37 PM
. And if you need another reason to like the Packers over the Texans this weekend, we've nailed our last three upset picks. Just sayin'.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8489766/nfl-week-6-upset-watch-green-bay-packers-knock-unbeaten-houston-texans

Sounds like they are due for a miss.

El Tejano
10-11-2012, 01:45 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8489766/nfl-week-6-upset-watch-green-bay-packers-knock-unbeaten-houston-texans

Sounds like they are due for a miss.

After what we did to their beloved Jets, you know ESPN is begging us to lose!!!

V3rm0nt3r
10-11-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm not ready to say Houston loses this game but I do understand where the doubt comes from. Green Bay is an elite team even at 2-3* and there are legitimate concerns for the Texans on defense with the loss of Cushing to a team already thin at the inside linebacker position.

Having said all this Houston is (in my completely biased opinion) the more rounded team and should be able to control the clock and keep the defense fresh.

CloakNNNdagger
10-11-2012, 02:05 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2033820&postcount=77

LikeMike
10-11-2012, 02:06 PM
I love the fact that they would call a Packers win against the Texans an upset... I'd still say it is a pretty even matchup without a clear favorite.

badboy
10-11-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm not ready to say Houston loses this game but I do understand where the doubt comes from. Green Bay is an elite team even at 2-3* and there are legitimate concerns for the Texans on defense with the loss of Cushing to a team already thin at the inside linebacker position.

Having said all this Houston is (in my completely biased opinion) the more rounded team and should be able to control the clock and keep the defense fresh.No running back, weak Oline poor defense. Need to splain yourself.

Thorn
10-11-2012, 02:12 PM
The Packers, other than Arron Rodgers, are just simply not a very good team right now. The Texans are. This doesn't mean the Texans can not lose, it just means chances are the Packers are going down Sunday night. We did, after all, lose to a 2-14 team last year. LOL

awc713
10-11-2012, 02:22 PM
I dont want to say we have this one in the bag, but i think people are really underestimating the Texans. We'll be at home. Reliant will be bumping, and our d will definately feed of that.

Reliant is going to be a hard place for GB to simply come in to get back on track. I think this D is more than eager to prove themselves and win this game for Cush.

I'm going 27-23 Texans.

Hagar
10-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Hey, I'm proud we are going into games favored now.

We'll eventually get upset, its just the nature of the game.

But until we're beat, I'm going to enjoy the ride.

Perki-Perk
10-11-2012, 03:23 PM
There's going to be some bandwagon fans on suicide watch if we don't stay unbeaten.

All that aside, forget all the, "I'll still be proud of the Texans" talk. For what? We really haven't played anyone and we've had flat quarters and almost halves in what seems like each game we played. Everyone expects a loss @NE or @Chicago but if we are going to be a LEGIT Super Bowl contender, you need to raise the bar. We have to take at least one of those and beat the downtrodden Packers as well as the not so formideable looking Ravens. Just my .02, and of course I wouldn't mind losing the last 2 games as we rest our starters for a Super Bowl run. We must win this next game, for Cush, for Coach, for the Team and most of all for the city of Houston!

gtexan02
10-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Any given Sunday. If I was a betting man I'd give the Texans the home field advantage ~3 points and thats about it. I think these are two fairly even teams now that we've lost the Cush

Vinny
10-11-2012, 03:40 PM
I think we likely win but really don't think we looked all that great last Sunday against an unorganized Jets team featuring their newly installed Chinese firedrill offense. The Packers will pick us apart in the middle of the field methinks. Should be a good game, but I'm not "expecting" a win.

Perki-Perk
10-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Any given Sunday. If I was a betting man I'd give the Texans the home field advantage ~3 points and thats about it. I think these are two fairly even teams now that we've lost the Cush

Even How?

QB? GB adv
RB? Hou adv
WR? Wash (AJ healthy gives us adv)
TE? Hou adv
OL? Hou slight adv
DL? Hou adv
LB? GB adv
DB? Hou adv
ST? GB adv.

So, again, I query, even how?

Seņor Stan
10-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Even How?

QB? GB adv
RB? Hou adv
TE? Hou adv
OL? Hou slight adv
DL? Hou adv
LB? GB adv
DB? Hou adv
ST? GB adv.

RB is even.

sincerely

EM Diggy

badboy
10-11-2012, 04:15 PM
RB is even.

sincerely

EM DiggyStan, you are kidding correct? Also, I think QB is even if not Matt slightly in lead. We should be looking only at this season & I have Schaub ahead.

Doppelganger
10-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Even How?

QB? GB adv
RB? Hou adv
TE? Hou adv
OL? Hou slight adv
DL? Hou adv
LB? GB adv
DB? Hou adv
ST? GB adv.

GB will spread out the D and try to dink and dunk down the field.
Jennings, Jones, Nelson, and Driver are all quality receivers. RB Alex Green will be completely fresh and Starks is solid.

If the Packers throw quick short passes to the WR and TE the Texans wont have time to use the DL advantage and the Pack could exploit the weakness in the interior part of the field.

Rogers is an elite QB and you should never count out or underestimate the team of an elite QB.

ObsiWan
10-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Stan, you are kidding correct? Also, I think QB is even if not Matt slightly in lead. We should be looking only at this season & I have Schaub ahead.

Geez! Yes, he's kidding. You were part of the Great Miami/Houston RB Quality debate weren't you?
:fight:

Hence the "Sincerely, EmDiggy" thing.

Hervoyel
10-11-2012, 05:14 PM
I've been watching football in Houston since the early 70's so to me every week is "upset watch". Where the Texans are concerned the only thing that's changed over the years is which way the upset will go.

Stemp
10-11-2012, 05:20 PM
RB is even.

sincerely

EM Diggy

You do know that Benson is hurt right? Or did I miss the joke?

:vincepalm:

Seņor Stan
10-11-2012, 05:23 PM
You guys need to go back and read EM Diggy's Football Gameplan posts.

Its a running joke around here.

Y'all need to spend less time in the No Spin Zone...:)

76Texan
10-11-2012, 07:24 PM
You guys need to go back and read EM Diggy's Football Gameplan posts.

Its a running joke around here.

Y'all need to spend less time in the No Spin Zone...:)

LOL, does it occur to you, senior, that EmD has been losing clicks. :runaway:

TejasTom
10-11-2012, 07:40 PM
RB is even.

sincerely

EM Diggy

MSR.

That's funny.

Wolf
10-11-2012, 07:44 PM
I think it will be a close one and could go either way. I wish Cush was in there but he isn't so wondering what Wade will do

GP
10-11-2012, 08:42 PM
I have a response for those Upset Alert A-Holes in the sports media out there in Yankee land: Eff 'em.

We will win.

TejasTom
10-11-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm going to be upset if this game isn't louder than the last 2.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

TexansFanatic
10-11-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm fairly comfortable thinking the Texans will win this game (something that should make all Texans fans nervous).

I think our boys like playing in prime time. Texans are favored by 3.5

The game I've been worried about all season is the next one against the Ravens.

76Texan
10-11-2012, 11:42 PM
Who would have thunk (before the season) that people would be talking about the Packers "pulling an upset" on the Texans?

We've come a long way, baby! :splits: