PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys at Ravens

gwallaia
10-09-2012, 05:29 PM
This Sunday, all members of Texans Talk will be in the awkward position of having to cheer for the Cowboys.

NastyNate
10-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Ravens are 21-3 in their last 24 home games against the spread. They're 3.5 point favorites. Dallas is 7-1 against the spread in their last 8 games after a bye week. I have no idea how this game will play out, but I'll be rooting for those cowboys on Sunday.

Hervoyel
10-09-2012, 09:40 PM
"I love African Child. My mother loves African Child. I bought ten copies the day it came out. I brush my teeth to that ****!"

Of course I'm a Cowboys fan for three hours next Sunday

Scooter
10-09-2012, 10:31 PM
no can do. later in the season if this were to obviously dictate home field advantage, sure ... week 6 i cant be a cowboys fan against a team i like. we'll have our own chance to knock the ravens down a peg next week.

gtexan02
10-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Go Boys. I hate the Ravens

Knocking us out of the playoffs last season trumps anything the Cowboys could do to us outside of the superbowl

Dutchrudder
10-09-2012, 10:49 PM
But if the Cowboys lose, would they be willing to trade us Sean Lee?

Hookem Horns
10-09-2012, 11:18 PM
I can't root for the Cowboys .. however if they do somehow win I will look at the bright side.

Fred
10-09-2012, 11:49 PM
So the Ravens get the Cowboys the week before us? Dang it, that is like having to play them after their bye week.

gary
10-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Just win Houston that is all.

Double Barrel
10-10-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't want to play the Ravens after they lose. Go Baltimore.

Texan_Bill
10-10-2012, 03:18 PM
I can't root for the Cowboys .. however if they do somehow win I will look at the bright side.

Perfect!!

Dread-Head
10-10-2012, 03:52 PM
No!
Thankyou.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
10-10-2012, 04:32 PM
No thanks. Go Ravens lol

Khari
10-10-2012, 04:39 PM
:d: Go ravens defense......!

gwallaia
10-10-2012, 04:41 PM
:d: Go ravens defense......!

Wait a minute. This sounds Fantasy related.

NastyNate
10-10-2012, 05:57 PM
"I love African Child. My mother loves African Child. I bought ten copies the day it came out. I brush my teeth to that ****!"

Of course I'm a Cowboys fan for three hours next Sunday

http://www.lolwtfcomics.com/upload/uploads/1318374547.gif

Hervoyel
10-10-2012, 05:59 PM

I had not considered that. You make an excellent point. What are the odds of Baltimore dropping both the Cowboys game and the Texans game? They must be fairly low so if they're going to lose one I'd prefer it be to us.

I'm not going to root for anyone and if the Cowboys somehow beat the Ravens I guess I'm going to be hoping for a rare Baltimore losing streak to manifest itself.

Rey
10-10-2012, 06:17 PM
I'd rather The Cowoboys lose and We beat the Ravens.

Khari
10-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Wait a minute. This sounds Fantasy related.

I don't know what you are talking about :whistle:

go Boldin too if someone happens to play him....!

TexanSam
10-10-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm rooting for a tie! Can those still happen or did they change the OT rules?

b0ng
10-11-2012, 08:27 AM
I'm rooting for a tie! Can those still happen or did they change the OT rules?

they can still happen in the regular season, not the playoffs though.

Hervoyel
10-11-2012, 01:49 PM
It's been three years since the Ravens lost two in a row (in 2008 and 2009 they lost three in a row once each season) so you can look at it like sooner or later they're going to lose more than one again or that it's very unlikely to happen.

I think it's possible to have your cake and eat it too. I think that a Cowboy's upset wouldn't necessarily mean the Texans wouldn't be able to win the following week. This Raven's defense isn't what the old one was. If we're lucky and we play them hard we could gain two games on Baltimore over the next two weeks.

Thorn
10-11-2012, 02:32 PM
This Sunday, all members of Texans Talk will be in the awkward position of having to cheer for the Cowboys.

As long as I draw breath, I will NOT cheer for the Cowboys no matter how painfull it is. I simply can't do it. I hope the Raven beat the Cowboys ass so bad Homo Romo cries on TV. I hope the Ravens leave bird$h!t all over the Cowboys helmuts.

I hate the Cowturds. That's not going to change for a mere conferance rivalry.

Hervoyel
10-11-2012, 03:21 PM
As long as I draw breath, I will NOT cheer for the Cowboys no matter how painfull it is. I simply can't do it. I hope the Raven beat the Cowboys ass so bad Homo Romo cries on TV. I hope the Ravens leave bird$h!t all over the Cowboys helmuts.

I hate the Cowturds. That's not going to change for a mere conferance rivalry.

Conference rivalry? You think this is about that? It's about where we play the Ravens in the playoffs. I'd cheer for Cowboys for three hours if it meant playing the Ravens in the AFC Championship game here versus there. I don't like the Cowboys but the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

For the moment at least

Vinny
10-11-2012, 03:44 PM
I'd love to play the Cowboys in the SB...but they are much further away from making that happen than we are. Sounds nice to say that, but it doesn't say that much anymore.

Thorn
10-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Conference rivalry? You think this is about that? It's about where we play the Ravens in the playoffs. I'd cheer for Cowboys for three hours if it meant playing the Ravens in the AFC Championship game here versus there. I don't like the Cowboys but the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

For the moment at least

leaving beer in the fridge and never drinking it - can't be done
stop leering at shapely women in the mall - can't be done
always be nice on the internet - can't be done
cheer for the Cowturds - can't be done

Sorry Herv, I can't do it. It's just not within me.

Seņor Stan
10-11-2012, 03:54 PM
It's a win win situation for me.

Ravens win, Cowboy fan slips deeper into misery

Cowboys win, Texans gain an advantage in the race for home field advantage.

I am not in the least bit concerned about the Ravens losing and coming into Reliant hungier. I think the Texans have had October 21st circled on their calendars ever since the schedule came out. If our boys aren't fired up enough to offset whatever happened to the Ratbirds against the Cowboys, then they don't deserve to win.

paycheck71
10-11-2012, 09:51 PM

For the moment at least

Amen!

paycheck71
10-11-2012, 09:55 PM
I'd love to play the Cowboys in the SB...but they are much further away from making that happen than we are. Sounds nice to say that, but it doesn't say that much anymore.

I would love that, too.

The last time I was sure that had a good chance of happening was in 92-93 and 93-94 seasons (with the Oilers, of course).

Norg
10-12-2012, 04:30 AM
i guess go cowboys having ravens lose will only help us

CloakNNNdagger
10-12-2012, 09:20 AM

Same hear. I want to see a low scoring game with a 4th quarter last second Ravens winning field goal complete with a simultaneous split-screen shot of Jerruh crying.

IDEXAN
10-14-2012, 01:36 PM
See that tackle RL missed on #28 between the guard-tackle hole ? Lewis has
been over the hill for years.

CloakNNNdagger
10-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Romo playing Santa Claus early with a nicely wrapped gift!

Dutchrudder
10-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Ladarius Webb looked really hurt. Any update on his injury? Losing him would be a huge blow to their defense.

Ngata also limped off the field, but it didn't look serious.

CloakNNNdagger
10-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Achilles?

Wolf
10-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Claiborne hurt

BullBlitz
10-14-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm not pulling for the Cowboys, I'm pulling for Jacoby, Leach and Pollard; they were good Texans. Not worried about hoping that the Ravens lose to improve our position. We can take care of that by beating them heads-up next week.

IDEXAN
10-14-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm not pulling for the Cowboys, I'm pulling for Jacoby, Leach and Pollard; they were good Texans. Not worried about hoping that the Ravens lose to improve our position. We can take care of that by beating them heads-up next week.
If you are a Texans' fan, you should be pulling for the Cowboys.

XI CMURDER IX
10-14-2012, 02:51 PM
Jacoby Jones lol

NastyNate
10-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Ladarius Webb looked really hurt. Any update on his injury? Losing him would be a huge blow to their defense.

Ngata also limped off the field, but it didn't look serious.

They're reporting a sprained knee for Webb.

Marcus
10-14-2012, 02:55 PM
****! Did you see what that ******** Jacoby Jones just did?

BullBlitz
10-14-2012, 02:59 PM
****! Did you see what that ******** Jacoby Jones just did?

Yes, nice run, tied the NFL record.

TexanSam
10-14-2012, 03:02 PM
The way the Cowboys are running over the Ravens D bodes well for Foster and Tate next weekend.

CloakNNNdagger
10-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Same hear. I want to see a low scoring game with a 4th quarter last second Ravens winning field goal complete with a simultaneous split-screen shot of Jerruh crying.

Got it just a little backwards. But all's well that ends well.

LondonTex
10-14-2012, 04:26 PM
why didn't the cowgirls call the time out sooner there at the end?

TexanExile
10-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Ravens gave up a total 227 rushing yards and 30 first downs. Two Cowgirls almost had 100 yard games.

Also the first Ravens team to give up 200+ rushing in 2 straight weeks.

This Ravens team is far less scary than last year's. they've practically begged to lose their last two.

Hervoyel
10-14-2012, 04:36 PM
That's a messed up team (Dallas) there. They got Romo making bad decisions here and there, Dez playing like crap, and guys making tons of mistakes all over the place. They can't get a play in quickly no matter what the situation is. They just look confused to me. Seriously, Bryant is a lousy franchise WR. It's like someone went and drafted a bigger, dumber Jacoby Jones to be their #1.

One thing I couldn't help but notice here, the ratbirds got a lot of calls. It seemed live every Dallas drive I watched had at least one call that nobody could figure out what the official was looking at. Hope those clowns don't call the Houston game next week because they called this one like they had money down on Baltimore.

But Dallas didn't help their cause any. That's a mess up there in South Oklahoma.

BullBlitz
10-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Ravens gave up a total 227 rushing yards and 30 first downs. Two Cowgirls almost had 100 yard games.

This Ravens team is far less scary than last year's. they've practically begged to lose their last two.

Yes, the loss of Suggs has hurt them. It will be interesting to see how Cush's absence affects us, especially against Ray Rice, but also against the Packers.

Showtime100
10-14-2012, 04:38 PM

My thoughts as well. :handshake:

I was pulling to the Cowboys for obvious reasons but kept finding myself instinctively rooting against them.....lol.

"Yea!...oh wait....Boo!"

TexansBull
10-14-2012, 04:40 PM

While Leach and Pollard are good players, Jacoby can kiss it. Root for the team that helps the Texans.

But then the Cowboys continue to disappoint in every way.

chicagotexan2
10-15-2012, 05:15 PM
My thoughts as well. :handshake:

I was pulling to the Cowboys for obvious reasons but kept finding myself instinctively rooting against them.....lol.

"Yea!...oh wait....Boo!"

Well you tried harder than me. I couldn't do it and I just grin from war to ear when they lose. Seeing the cowgirls lose is like seeing a pic of a cute kitten, no matter what else is going on I just can't help but smile.