PDA

View Full Version : Please join me in a Texans tradition as we call out the last names

Craig.
10-09-2012, 04:18 PM
of our defensive...blah blah they're all on the field doing warmups.

I've only been a season ticket holder since 07 but this has always seemed less like a tradition and more like a complete crap shoot. More often than not they come out as a 'unit' and the crowd half-heartedly shouts out the names.

Is this really a tradition or are the front-office people clowning us?

Trap_Star
10-09-2012, 04:21 PM
xvideo

thunderkyss
10-09-2012, 05:04 PM

I've only been a season ticket holder since 07 but this has always seemed less like a tradition and more like a complete crap shoot. More often than not they come out as a 'unit' and the crowd half-heartedly shouts out the names.

I started going to games in '05, became a season ticket holder in '06. Then, more often than not, they came out one at a time & it was a different experience, a better experience.

Now like you've said, they've come out together, as a symbol of unity I guess.

I think it's silly that we continue to introduce them one by one & say their names...

But if the players would rather come out as a group, I'm all for it. Like TexanBill says, it's the name on the front of the jersey, not the back.

AnthonyE
10-09-2012, 05:24 PM
It wasn't until the last few years they started to come out as a unit. I think the offensive starters still come out one by one. Maybe it'd be better if we just started doing the offensive names? lol

silentassassin
10-09-2012, 05:55 PM

I've been going to games since 2010. In my experience the defensive starters always come out one by one, but it's the offensive guys that tend to just come out as a unit with the half-hearted shouting you described.

I definitely think it has something to do with Kubiak wanting the offense to stay focused for the beginning of the game.