PDA

View Full Version : The defense played fine but more lack of touchdowns and poor Special Teams play

gary
10-09-2012, 12:51 PM
The Jets scored 17 points seven of those points were off a turnover. Another TD or two and the score would have been a bit further in the Texans favor. Three Field Goals imagine if those were touchdowns. I am complaining I just would like to see more touchdowns to beat a dead horse on this MB. Also, a TD given up by the Special Teams.:vincepalm:

Playoffs
10-09-2012, 01:00 PM
Agree, we need to tighten things up on special teams and convert more of those 3rd downs on the opponent's side of the field.

I know I sound like a broken record on this, but good teams win ugly games. Jets can have all the "encouraging loss" talk, we'll take the W.

76Texan
10-09-2012, 01:12 PM
We're saving a ST break-out game for a special occasion... I hope! :scarygirl:

gary
10-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Those two mistakes are not made and the Jets only score three points.

76Texan
10-09-2012, 01:24 PM
I know, Gary.

Our ST need to play better. :slapfight:

Corrosion
10-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Those two mistakes are not made and the Jets only score three points.

I dont know that I would call the Jets first TD a mistake by the Texans .... The defender (Quin I think) damn near got a hand on a perfectly thrown ball ... and the reciever made a pretty darn good catch. Sometimes you gotta give the other team some credit ....

welsh texan
10-09-2012, 01:37 PM
On the TDs point though, personally I don't agree, teams aren't going to give up 30 points to us every week, teams aren't going to give up 3 TD's to us every week, the fact that we kept on knocking FG's over despite getting slowed down pretty well by their D was a positive. We took what they gave us and it kept us in front by just enough.

When the Jets started their final drive, it crossed my mind that a couple of years ago with a 6 point lead and the opposing O beginning a 2 minute drill, I'd have wanted to turn off there and then feeling the end was inevitable. This team can see a 6 point lead as an actual advantage now not like the old days.

gary
10-09-2012, 01:55 PM
I dont know that I would call the Jets first TD a mistake by the Texans .... The defender (Quin I think) damn near got a hand on a perfectly thrown ball ... and the reciever made a pretty darn good catch. Sometimes you gotta give the other team some credit ....The turnover which led to the TD was a mistake.