PDA

View Full Version : Bears fan stabbed to death in Jacksonville

axman40
10-09-2012, 01:09 PM
A Chicago Bears (http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/team/3/chicago-bears) fan who had traveled to see his team play the Jaguars in Jacksonville on Sunday afternoon was stabbed to death inside a restaurant early Sunday morning, the Florida Times-Union reports.
The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, per the newspaper (http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2012-10-07/story/chicago-area-man-town-bears-jaguars-game-stabbed-death-landing#ixzz28jCU6Ut2), identified the victim as 42-year-old William C. "Chris" Pettry, who was visiting from Lake Villa, Ill. According to police, Pettry was "involved in a disturbance by two other subjects" before being stabbed by a Jacksonville resident identified as 28-year-old Matthew Hinson.
The incident occurred in Fionn MacCool's, a popular Irish-themed restaurant in the Jacksonville Landing district downtown. The Times-Union reports that homicide detectives arrested Hinson around 1:40 a.m. Sunday, who was then jailed for murder without bond.
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-10-08/bears-fan-stabbed-to-death-in-jacksonville-murder-jags-bar

Hookem Horns
10-09-2012, 01:18 PM
I have been reading up on this and it's pretty sad. This is not really a case of fan on fan violence. Apparently the victim was talking to (or hitting on) the murderer's wife in a bar.

The sad part is the victim was married and his wife was begging for motives or answers on Facebook before that latter part came to light.

If true you have to really feel for her. First you find out your husband was murdered, then you find out it was because he was talking to some other guy's wife who killed him in a jealous rage.

Looking at the killer's mug shot there was obviously a fight between the 2 guys.

http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/img/photos/2012/10/08/3a/7d/Matthew_Hinson.JPG

jaayteetx
10-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Where does it say he was hitting on his wife? I didn't see that anywhere in either article.

Hookem Horns
10-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Where does it say he was hitting on his wife? I didn't see that anywhere in either article.

I don't remember where I saw that but it was on a local news outlet here in Florida. It didn't come out and say "hitting on", a witness said the killer became enraged because the victim was "talking to" his wife.

Hervoyel
10-09-2012, 02:37 PM
While he's in prison I got news for him. A lot of guys are gonna be talking to his wife.

jaayteetx
10-09-2012, 02:44 PM
While he's in prison I got news for him. A lot of guys are gonna be talking to his wife.

Yep, this is wrong on so many levels. 1) If ya want to play the field, don't get married! 2) Some guy hits on your wife...just walk away! Your the one going home with her, right? 3) To women who say stupid shiat like, "aren't you going to defend my honor?" This is the kind of thing that can happen, grow the "f" up!!
I could go on and on but ya get my drift, have a nice day.

PapaL
10-09-2012, 11:24 PM
I read on a different link that he had his throat cut, not that he was stabbed. Also read the hitting on wide thing.

Hervoyel
10-10-2012, 12:41 PM
This is not really a case of fan on fan violence....

I didn't think it was fan on fan violence when I first read about it. I imagine it's kind of hard to find a Jacksonville fan much less get murdered by one. I'd think in Jacksonville the only truly football related hazards would be suffocating under a tarp or possibly sometime next year being hit by a moving van.

Stemp
10-10-2012, 01:04 PM
I have been reading up on this and it's pretty sad. This is not really a case of fan on fan violence. Apparently the victim was talking to (or hitting on) the murderer's wife in a bar.

The sad part is the victim was married and his wife was begging for motives or answers on Facebook before that latter part came to light.

If true you have to really feel for her. First you find out your husband was murdered, then you find out it was because he was talking to some other guy's wife who killed him in a jealous rage.

Looking at the killer's mug shot there was obviously a fight between the 2 guys.

Looks like he got those resisting arrest.

A Bears fan stabbed at a bar in Jacksonville, Fla. died of his injuries at a local hospital on Sun., Oct. 7, 2012. Officially, police have said that the suspect did not disclose the reason why he attacked the victim. However, 27-year-old Matthew Hinson allegedly cut the throat of 42-year-old William Pettry after Hinson witnessed Pettry speaking with Hinson's wife at a bar. According to the Chicago Tribune, "Hinson has been charged with murder and is being held without bail."

Hinson reportedly sat beside Pettry on a bench inside the bar before slashing his throat with a small pocket knife, placing the bloodied knife in his pocket and walking out the door. When police apprehended him in the parking lot, he resisted arrest "a little bit." As a result, his mugshot shows some cuts and bruises on his face.
http://www.examiner.com/article/bears-fan-stabbed-after-talking-to-a-man-s-wife

ubecool454
10-16-2012, 05:12 PM

HAHA true true:goodpost:

DexmanC
10-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Slicing the dude's throat, without warning, is a ***** move.

That's just what he's gonna get treated like behind bars.

It's just that it won't be a knife they HIS throat with.

chicagotexan2
10-18-2012, 11:52 PM

And a lot of guys in prison are gonna make him their wife. I can only hope that they won't be gentle.