PDA

View Full Version : Wade Phillips.. foot meet throat!!

thunderkyss
10-09-2012, 12:09 PM
I was thrilled to see that Brice McCain CB Blitz yesterday.

There was a little more "bend but don't break" than I like to see, but it was reassuring to know Wade ain't scurred to dial it up to seal the game.

Of course it helps when you've got a gas pedal like Jj Watt.

GP
10-09-2012, 12:46 PM
I think people are going to be verrrrrry surprised to see how well the texans defense will adapt to the loss of Cushing.

Wade Phillips is sneaky creative. He thrives on adaptation and creativity in his 34 defense. He's been around long enough to know how to compensate for these losses. Which is why he is so hard to replace--The decades of experience and the success he generates no matter where he goes.

We're going to continue to see him use this defense, even fringe guys like McCain and gasp! Nolan, and gear them up each week.

I am not worried. In fact, I never once doubted the outcome of last night's game. Was the first time in 10 years that I knew, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that we were going to win the game no matter what. Even as things were fluid last night, I never had a panic moment. Not one single time. Why so? Because this team believes in itself. Offense and defense believe in one another 100%. There is a synergy there, IMO.

Wade will cook up some fantastic meals the rest of the way, I'm sure of it.