PDA

View Full Version : Brian Cushing torn ACL .. out for season

Pages : [1] 2

TexansFanatic
10-08-2012, 08:52 PM
The one thing certain to derail any championship season is injuries. Key injuries.

Brian Cushing would be a HUGE loss.

Please update this thread with any information you might hear about Cushing's knee.

Thanks.

Fili
10-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Was walking on his own power but that doesn't mean anything. He could tear a ligament and just be riding on full adrenaline. Hopefully he's alright.

Wolf
10-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Texans tweeted that his return is questionable and it is his knee

hopefully not bad

TimeKiller
10-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Lawd....I don't ask you for much....

...but a bruise or something right now would be great news.

Mr. Texan
10-08-2012, 09:14 PM
football gods can't let this happen to us.

have mercy.

Maddict5
10-08-2012, 09:15 PM
looked like he was ready to cry going into locker room, arian hugging him on the bench = bad injury news. hope im wrong but guessing he's done for the yr unfortunately

c10x
10-08-2012, 09:15 PM
I hope it's nothing major. He's worked very hard, and deserves some time on top.

TexanSam
10-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Please be a one or two week injury at worst...

Lady.Gaga.3000
10-08-2012, 09:18 PM
After that replay I truly believe that was an intentional dirty hit.

TexansFanatic
10-08-2012, 09:19 PM
looked like he was ready to cry going into locker room, arian hugging him on the bench = bad injury news. hope im wrong but guessing he's done for the yr unfortunately

I am expecting the worst. If he is able to return at any time before the end of the season it will be a victory.

Luv_ya_blue
10-08-2012, 09:19 PM

Just a cut block.
Perfectly legal.

Mr. Texan
10-08-2012, 09:20 PM

opposing teams have been complain about the texans "chop blocking" . i wouldn't be surprised if it was an intentional hit.

dalemurphy
10-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Please be a one or two week injury at worst...

I'd be thrilled with 6-8 weeks. But, based on reactions, I think the year: ACL. We will need Sharpton back and healthy this year or a trade, because we don't have another LB that can cover. We will be horribly exposed against the good QBs come playoff time.

Maddict5
10-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Just a cut block.
Perfectly legal.

:vincepalm:

you're not allowed cut block into the back of the leg

Lady.Gaga.3000
@PayneNFL: Before somebody makes misguided statement, there is a difference between a legal zone blocking cut and what Jets OG seemingly did to Cushing

@PayneNFL: If its what it looked like, that block was either illegal roll up block or clip, depending on proximity to line of scrimmage.

@PayneNFL: Debatable whether that was "close line play." Regardless, blocking from behind and below the knee constitutes a clip even in close line play

All from Seth Payne's Twitter

TexanSam
I'd be thrilled with 6-8 weeks. But, based on reactions, I think the year: ACL. We will need Sharpton back and healthy this year or a trade, because we don't have another LB that can cover. We will be horribly exposed against the good QBs come playoff time.

Any timetable on Sharpton's return?

TexansFanatic
10-08-2012, 09:29 PM
All from Seth Payne's Twitter

freaking a-holes. Jets are always a nightmare.

dalemurphy
10-08-2012, 09:29 PM

PUP is six weeks, then 3 weeks to make decision... So, we'll know in a month or so. However, I heard he was on crutches at last week's game. So, I'm not optimistic.

ItsMyFault
10-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Wellp, if he's out for the season, our defense is done.

Lets hope not.

Wolf
10-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Cushing will not return

Luv_ya_blue
10-08-2012, 09:31 PM

you're not allowed cut block into the back of the leg

Gonna have to rewind then and look closer.
You're right--100%. I didn't realize it was at the back of the leg.
Didn't see it that close.
:tiphat:

Luv_ya_blue
10-08-2012, 09:32 PM

Lets hope not.

Really? Done?
You're kidding right?

TexansFanatic
10-08-2012, 09:37 PM

Not quite, but the season is young and a few more key injuries like that will ruin our party.

TexanSam
10-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Wrong thread

hradhak
10-08-2012, 10:48 PM
they were doing the anterior drawer test on the field. and it was positive. I would be very surprised if this isn't an ACL tear. I'm hoping he's had an ACL tear on that leg in the past. only way that test is positive and you don't have an acl tear

dalemurphy
10-08-2012, 10:51 PM
they were doing the anterior drawer test on the field. and it was positive. I would be very surprised if this isn't an ACL tear. I'm hoping he's had an ACL tear on that leg in the past. only way that test is positive and you don't have an acl tear

you could see movement on the TV?

Heath Shuler
10-08-2012, 10:51 PM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/cushing-cheap-shotted2-10-8-12.gif

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/cushing-cheap-shotted-10-8-12.gif

TexansFanatic
10-08-2012, 10:53 PM
I would be very surprised if this isn't an ACL tear.

Same here. Crap.

BullNation4Life
When I saw the play, I thought, done for the year. Then Cushing mouths " Why me" as he was walking off, I think he knows the enviable...

hradhak
you could see movement on the TV?

to do it right, you have to feel the laxity in the joint. it's a very sensitive test when you can feel it yourself. I should retract my statement and say it looked positive, and the only way I'd call it positive is if I did it myself.

and they were doing the Lachman test now that I think about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lachman_test

msbbc833
10-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Posterio-lateral hit while the knee is extended = ACL Tear until proven otherwise

Luv_ya_blue
10-08-2012, 10:54 PM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/cushing-cheap-shotted2-10-8-12.gif

OK, stupid question maybe, because evidently I missed this play completely. Did they call the penalty for clipping? Or did the refs just flat out miss it??

digitalswim
10-08-2012, 10:56 PM
pic.twitter.com/f9VlPQCs

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
street clothes, on crutches RT @mikegarafolo: Every Texans player coming through with a hug and/or handshake for Cush.

awc713
10-08-2012, 10:58 PM

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/cushing-cheap-shotted-10-8-12.gif

that second gif made it look REALLY dirty.

i really hope the NFL does something about this. clay matthews had an interesting tweet:

Where is the NFL's protection on blocks below the waist like that on Cushing. Double standard!

CloakNNNdagger
to do it right, you have to feel the laxity in the joint. it's a very sensitive test when you can feel it yourself. I should retract my statement and say it looked positive, and the only way I'd call it positive is if I did it myself.

This is what I posted right after it happened. Just an FYI repost for those that do not know what Drawer Test entails and suggests.

What does drawer sign mean?

Drawer Sign measures what the mobility of the knee is front to back. Normal test result shows no more than 6-8 mm of laxity in either direction.

Anterior Drawer refers to a greater than that distance movement of the tibia (lower leg) from the femur (upper leg) forward, like pulling out a drawer, a laxity suggesting Anterior Cruciate Ligament Rupture (ACL rupture).

http://faculty.washington.edu/alexbert/MEDEX/Winter/ch266fg6.jpg

Posterior Drawer refers to a greater than 6-8 mm distance movement of the tibia from the femur backwards, like pushing the drawer back in, a laxity suggesting Posterior Cruciate Ligament Rupture (PCL rupture)

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQ-z3TKw1xqeIExh_uzz-iTcssz5YLGNJf6UqGkDpWboPGqBFwqQ

TdotTexas2Step
This will be a huge blow to the defense if he's done for the year. I know injuries are a part of the game, but injuries always seem to find our key players.

I'm sorry, but we'll be hard pressed to find a "Next Man Up" for what Brian Cushing does with his play and leadership.

Perhaps give Barwin some snaps at ILB, and let Mercilus see the field a bit more at OLB. I just don't see how Dobbins and James can man the middle full time, especially during times where we have Cush play coverage.

Marcus
10-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Deleted

Hervoyel
10-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Just a cut block.
Perfectly legal.

Exactly. That's why all the defenses we play ***** so much about it.

CloakNNNdagger
10-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Until an MRI is obtained, we won't know the exact extent of injury of the injury might be even with a positive test since both an ACL and PCL are very commonly associated with other ligament, meniscus, cartilage and/or boney damage.

Heath Shuler
10-08-2012, 11:03 PM
OK, stupid question maybe, because evidently I missed this play completely. Did they call the penalty for clipping? Or did the refs just flat out miss it??

no penalty called

BlueSteel
10-08-2012, 11:04 PM
If anyone can figure out a way to mix up our LB core it will be Wade. Assuming Cush is out for a few games minimum.

TheMatrix31
10-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Please good Lord please let Brian Cushing be okay.

hradhak
10-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Until an MRI is obtained, we won't know the exact extent of injury of the injury might be even with a positive test since both an ACL and PCL are very commonly associated with other ligament, meniscus, cartilage and/or boney damage.

yeah no point in speculating. That's what the MRI is for. I'm really hoping that it's a bruise and he's out for a few weeks.

TexanSam
10-08-2012, 11:06 PM
FWIW, this is what Lance Zierlein just retweeted (including the picture)...

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/255514583312265216/photo/1

Every Texans player coming through with a hug and/or handshake for Cushing.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4vFKOWCcAAsRKU.jpg

CloakNNNdagger
10-08-2012, 11:06 PM
610 just reported that Kubiak is VERY concerned re. Cushing's knee.

PapaL
10-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Damn.

That sums it up.

TdotTexas2Step
10-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Dammit.

It's looking like a season ending injury.

speedfreek
10-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Sucks, but that is the NFL.

Let's see what the Mercilus pick can grow into..

TJ

TheMatrix31
10-08-2012, 11:09 PM
**** the Jets.

TheIronDuke
We should ask Philly if we can have Demeco back. Is Sharpton available soon?

Mailman
I'm gonna go ahead and assume he's out for the year. The quotes from Kubiak and the handshakes/hugs from teammates say we're out a Pro Bowl LB.

Dutchrudder
10-08-2012, 11:12 PM
TIME FOR BRADY JAMES TO STEP UP!!!!!!!!

...please?

ThaShark316
10-08-2012, 11:13 PM
If not an ACL, I'm THINKING it's what Schaub had in 2008.

TdotTexas2Step
10-08-2012, 11:14 PM
This is around the time we lost Mario, and Brooks Reed emerged, so really hoping we strike gold again with Mercilus getting an opportunity.

CretorFrigg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4vFKOWCcAAsRKU.jpg

That looks bad...

Damn it.

PandapuffTexan
there has been no real evidence so far, as texans fans we are use to the worst so for sanitys sake Im hoping he only misses reualr season and will be back for playoffs. we can work around cushing im happy it wasnt our qb this time. nobody can replace shaub

TexanSam
10-08-2012, 11:16 PM
We lost Mario Williams last year and had a hobbled Demeco for much of last year, and we didn't lose a beat. Obviously, Cushing is more important on defense than they were, but we should be able to continue to play at a really high level. Hopefully Dobbins is ready.

Mailman
10-08-2012, 11:17 PM
there has been no real evidence so far, as texans fans we are use to the worst so for sanitys sake Im hoping he only misses reualr season and will be back for playoffs. we can work around cushing im happy it wasnt our qb this time. nobody can replace shaub

Correct, but Kubiak usually plays it close to the vest with the injuries that aren't season-enders. His concern speaks volumes.

SAMURAITEXAN
10-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Not Cush, please.

TheMatrix31
We lost Mario Williams last year and had a hobbled Demeco for much of last year, and we didn't lose a beat. Obviously, Cushing is more important on defense than they were, but we should be able to continue to play at a really high level. Hopefully Dobbins is ready.

Not sure it's an accurate comparison. DeMeco wasn't QBing this defense, THIS iteration of our defense.

Losing Cushing for the year will be a SIGNIFICANT blow to this team. Book it.

Rey
I dont understand the over reaction to the Cushing photo...guys are walking past him into the locker room and showing love/respect...

What are guys supposed to do? Ignore him. Act like he's invisible?

As far as kubiak saying he's very concerned, his star middle lb left the game with a knee injury. If he's not very concerned he's a dumb ass.

I think I'll wait until I hear something definitive until I panic.

Trap_Star
10-08-2012, 11:20 PM
http://baynews9.com/content/news/articles/ap/2012/09/23/No_11_ND_beats_No_18_Michigan_13_6/_jcr_content/contentpar/articleBody/image.img.jpg

Rey
10-08-2012, 11:22 PM
http://baynews9.com/content/news/articles/ap/2012/09/23/No_11_ND_beats_No_18_Michigan_13_6/_jcr_content/contentpar/articleBody/image.img.jpg

Not likely to happen.

TexanSam
10-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Not sure it's an accurate comparison. DeMeco wasn't QBing this defense, THIS iteration of our defense.

Losing Cushing for the year will be a SIGNIFICANT blow to this team. Book it.

But it's not a death knell. Yes, it sucks. Big time. But good teams learn to overcome. Next man up.

Trap_Star
10-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Not likely to happen.

with the way the draft works now, we can easily trade up.

eriadoc
10-08-2012, 11:24 PM
The Jets OL was down on the play, got back up, and aimed at the back of Cushing's knee. At this point, I'm convinced it was deliberate. I rewound it on DVR several times and watched it.

dalemurphy
10-08-2012, 11:24 PM
I dont understand the over reaction to the Cushing photo...guys are walking past him into the locker room and showing love/respect...

As far as kubiak saying he's very concerned, his star middle lb left the game with a knee injury. If he's not very concerned he's a dumb ass.

He's done this year. I appreciate the optimism but Kubiak is pretty easy to read... I've torn my ACL. You know when it happens and everything about Cushing's reaction indicated he knew it had happened.

Maddict5
10-08-2012, 11:25 PM

crutches are usually a pretty bad sign

anyone that knows the texans MO regarding serious injuries recognise that this one has all the signs of a serious, season ending injury. enjoy your sleep tonite! :kitten:

Spled
10-08-2012, 11:26 PM
It seems like if he tore his ACL he would have been carted off.

TheMatrix31
10-08-2012, 11:27 PM
But it's not a death knell. Yes, it sucks. Big time. But good teams learn to overcome. Next man up.

Meh. Last sentence of your post is typical cliched sports tripe. It's garbage. You can be a good team all you want. The Texans were a good, nay, great team last year too but couldn't overcome all the injuries. You can play utopian fantasy "they should win if they're really good!" stuff all you want. Losing Brian Cushing for anything near the rest of the season is disastrous.

Lurvinator11
10-08-2012, 11:28 PM
So, if Cushing is indeed down for the season, does our defense go down with him?

dalemurphy
10-08-2012, 11:29 PM

I walked on my own for a month with no ACL. Actually, an MCL tear often causes more trauma to the knee. A complete ACL tear feels funny and unstable but doesn't always have a ton of swelling and does not usually inhibit the ability to walk.

The Cush

You can walk on a torn ACL.

fiasco west
We should ask Philly if we can have Demeco back. Is Sharpton available soon?

Should have never let 'Meco go. Said it then and saying it now.

TexanSam
10-08-2012, 11:30 PM
Meh. Last sentence of your post is typical cliched sports tripe. It's garbage. You can be a good team all you want. The Texans were a good, nay, great team last year too but couldn't overcome all the injuries. You can play utopian fantasy "they should win if they're really good!" stuff all you want. Losing Brian Cushing for anything near the rest of the season is disastrous.

Well good thing we have you to write off the rest of the season. I guess I'll watch something else on Sunday's now.

TexCanada
10-08-2012, 11:30 PM

Lots of guy walk off with ACL tears. Walking doesn't mean much.

dalemurphy
10-08-2012, 11:33 PM

It is a big deal. However, it is something that can be overcome. Because our lack of depth at the position, we need to be surprised by someone like Mister Alexander, get Sharpton back at 100%, or make a move to acquire a LB that is an asset in nickel and dime defense... It stinks but we did not lose our QB. Team will need to adjust. Those of you that hate the conservative offensive playcalling, may get your wish. The Texans may transition to a game plan involving greater expectations for the offense.

BullNation4Life
You can walk on a torn ACL.

and if your Phillip rivers, you can play an AFC Championship game on a Torn ACL...

Hervoyel
Is throwing Mercilus in there and getting him some reps out of the question at this point? I can't see how he would be worse than Mister Alexander who will be starting once Dobbins goes down. He looks like Rudy in there playing Cushing's position. He's so tiny looking.

TexansBull
10-08-2012, 11:35 PM
sigh...its all my fault...I got a Cushing jersey this year as a gift...sorry.

:kubepalm:

Tailgate
10-08-2012, 11:35 PM
First major injury this season. It was coming, sooner or later.... It was coming. Lets all pray for good news.

TexanSam
10-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Is throwing Mercilus in there and getting him some reps out of the question at this point? I can't see how he would be worse than Mister Alexander who will be starting once Dobbins goes down. He looks like Rudy in there playing Cushing's position. He's so tiny looking.

Mercilus is an OLB though. Would they shift Barwin or Reed inside?

darnbni99a
10-08-2012, 11:36 PM
praying for the best...preparing for the worst....

Surreal McCoy
10-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Is throwing Mercilus in there and getting him some reps out of the question at this point?

At ILB?

BullNation4Life

Seriously, I would look at moving Brooks Reed inside and let Mercilus take Reeds spot. Brooks looks like he could play MLB, don't know if he is smart enough, but looks like he has the intensity to do so...

Would also look at Braman at MLB...

Hervoyel
It is a big deal. However, it is something that can be overcome. Because our lack of depth at the position, we need to be surprised by someone like Mister Alexander, get Sharpton back at 100%, or make a move to acquire a LB that is an asset in nickel and dime defense... It stinks but we did not lose our QB. Team will need to adjust. Those of you that hate the conservative offensive playcalling, may get your wish. The Texans may transition to a game plan involving greater expectations for the offense.

Just my opinion but I think Mister Alexander will always be a special teams guy who can maybe spell a starter for a couple of snaps until the other team realizes he's in there and that's the beginning of the end of that. Sharpton I doubt plays again for us and if he does come back he'll probably be hurt before long. He's even smaller than Dobbins. Nope, we're really thing behind Cushing. Much thinner than we were last year behind Mario or DeMeco

TexanSam
10-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Hopefully we get some news on how Sharpton's rehab is going this week. If he's on the PUP, he can go back on the active roster after the Green Bay game.

Hervoyel
Mercilus is an OLB though. Would they shift Barwin or Reed inside?

Don't know. Don't even know if that's viable. Just thinking out loud. The talent behind Cushing is really poor. Dobbins is a good player on a short field. He's a got a talent for being in the right place at the right time but in space he's going to get exposed badly. I just think the best shot we have at filling this hole is maybe going to come from our stacked pile of OLB's.

Lurvinator11
Lopez just tweeted that Cushing did tear his ACL and will be out for the season. Not confimred yet....How long does it take for an ACL to heal? Any free agent ILB on the market??

TexansBull
maybe we are fortunate enough that the guy is made of tougher stuff than expected and it is only a sprain. Maybe he can go on the temporary IR and be back in time for the playoffs...fingers crossed.

The Cush
10-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Should have never let 'Meco go. Said it then and saying it now.

His salary was too high to keep all the guys we did keep (Myers, Foster, Brown, Schaub)

Big Poundcake
10-08-2012, 11:40 PM
I'd be thinking trade, working the phones *If* Cushing gone for a while.

I hope that the Texans go "ALL IN" this season.

BullNation4Life
10-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Lopez just tweeted that Cushing did tear his ACL and will be out for the season. Not confimred yet....How long does it take for an ACL to heal? Any free agent ILB on the market??

I believe 6-8 months to fully heal...

TexansFanatic
First major injury this season. It was coming, sooner or later.... It was coming. Lets all pray for good news.

I agree that these things are virtually inevitable. The best you can hope for is not to have too many season-ending injuries.

If we only lose Cushing, we've still got a shot at winning it all. If we lose one or two more of his caliber, we're screwed.

gtexan02
Why would they have made him questionable to return if it was a torn ACL?

If they knew it was a season ending injury, he'd be listed as doubtful or out.

I think its a serious knee sprain that will knock him out 6-8 weeks but he'll be back

Either way the Demeco Ryans move is looking pretty stupid now

TheMatrix31
10-08-2012, 11:42 PM

Brian Cushing is kiiiiiiiinda the QB of the defense.

Look, I'm not writing off the season. I'm being realistic. Brian Cushing going out for a significant period of time is a big freakin' deal PRECISELY BECAUSE our depth at the position is not very good.

Maddict5
10-08-2012, 11:42 PM

he's 1 of about 5 (schaub, duane, jj, and j-joe) guys we couldnt afford to lose though

gtexan02
10-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Brian Cushing is kiiiiiiiinda the QB of the defense.

Look, I'm not writing off the season. I'm being realistic. Brian Cushing going out for a significant period of time is a big freakin' deal PRECISELY BECAUSE our depth at the position is not very good.
I thought Bradie James wore the green helmet?

steelbtexan
10-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Don't know. Don't even know if that's viable. Just thinking out loud. The talent behind Cushing is really poor. Dobbins is a good player on a short field. He's a got a talent for being in the right place at the right time but in space he's going to get exposed badly. I just think the best shot we have at filling this hole is maybe going to come from our stacked pile of OLB's.

Yep

Reed will probably move inside.

I wonder if they would consider moving Barwin inside?

Is Braman capable of playing ILB?

Lurvinator11
10-08-2012, 11:44 PM

I think its a serious knee sprain that will knock him out 6-8 weeks but he'll be back

I can only hope you are right....

GP

:(

Well, poop.

TexansBull
lopez just tweeted that cushing did tear his acl and will be out for the season. Not confimred yet....how long does it take for an acl to heal? Any free agent ilb on the market??

auggghhhhh!

BullNation4Life

Hindsight....Oh hum, not like the Texans knew Cush would get hurt, but again oh hum...

TexansFanatic
10-08-2012, 11:45 PM
I believe 6-8 months to fully heal...

No, that's old school. Cushing will be back for next year's training camp.

Hervoyel
10-08-2012, 11:45 PM
I thought Bradie James wore the green helmet?

Well, if he didn't then I bet he does now

BullNation4Life
10-08-2012, 11:46 PM
No, that's old school. Cushing will be back for next year's training camp.

which would be 6-8 months, unless my backwoods math is wrong....

GP
I can only hope you are right....

It might be Lopez jumping the gun, who knows...

fiasco west
His salary was too high to keep all the guys we did keep (Myers, Foster, Brown, Schaub)

Maybe so.

Maybe we need to hire the Eagles Capologist who seems to fit all of these guys on their team.

The Cush
10-08-2012, 11:47 PM

The had him as questionable after the injury was still somewhat recent. It later changed to OUT as the game progressed. The MRI won't happen till tomorrow probably where they'll know exactly what the outcome will be.

Demeco had a 5.9 m cap hit this year and a 8+ cap hit the three years after that. We are only a few hundred thousand under the cap, how can you keep him on the books and still sign Foster, Myers, Schaub, and Brown?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/demeco-ryans/

TexanSam
10-08-2012, 11:47 PM
FWIW, here's one person's list of the best available ILB free agents.

http://thesidelineview.com/columns/caplans-nfl-corner/best-available-nfl-free-agents-defense

Stephen Cooper
Barrett Ruud
Andra Davis
Gary Guyton
E.J. Henderson
James Farrior
Omar Gaither (WLB in 4-3)
Greg Jones
Scott McKillop
Leon Williams
Rennie Curran
Nate Triplett
Phillip Dillard

BullNation4Life
10-08-2012, 11:48 PM
FWIW, here's one person's list of the best available ILB free agents.

http://thesidelineview.com/columns/caplans-nfl-corner/best-available-nfl-free-agents-defense

Stephen Cooper
Barrett Ruud
Andra Davis
Gary Guyton
E.J. Henderson
James Farrior
Omar Gaither (WLB in 4-3)
Greg Jones
Scott McKillop
Leon Williams
Rennie Curran
Nate Triplett
Phillip Dillard

Ones in bold are the ones I know...The others are "Who's Who" of ILBs...

Carr Bombed
10-08-2012, 11:49 PM
:vincepalm: grim news reported by 610, Cushing is on crutches and was not made available to reporters.. he was with his family only. Also there were players talking about moving forward without Cushing, early rumors are it's a torn ACL.

Ryan
10-08-2012, 11:49 PM
It might be Lopez jumping the gun, who knows...

He quoted someone who said that he did tear his ACL and asked that guy for a source. Not confirmed by anyone of importance.

gtexan02
10-08-2012, 11:50 PM
The had him as questionable after the injury was still somewhat recent. It later changed to OUT as the game progressed. The MRI won't happen till tomorrow probably where they'll know exactly what the outcome will be.

Demeco had a 5.9 m cap hit this year and a 8+ cap hit the three years after that. We are only a few hundred thousand under the cap, how can you keep him on the books and still sign Foster, Myers, Schaub, and Brown?

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/demeco-ryans/

They did the ACL (drawer) sign test right on the sideline immediately after the injury occurred. If they felt an acl injury theres no way they list him as questionable at that point

TexansFanatic
10-08-2012, 11:52 PM
which would be 6-8 months, unless my backwoods math is wrong....

wow. i really must have had one or two beers too many. I thought you said 18 months max. my bad.

Rudyball
I think Sharpton is supposed to be back after the bye.

BullNation4Life
I'm sorry but I don't need a confirmed "source" to tell me what my eyes saw and that was Cushing's knee getting bent 90 degrees the wrong way and a big fat guy coming down on top of it...

Cush was toast as soon as it happened, it sucks but it's the reality of it...

Mr. Texan
noooo

Ryan
Ones in bold are the ones I know...The others are "Who's Who" of ILBs...

Wonder if Farrior has kept himself in shape.

dalemurphy
10-08-2012, 11:53 PM
They did the ACL (drawer) sign test right on the sideline immediately after the injury occurred. If they felt an acl injury theres no way they list him as questionable at that point

Hello, my name is John... I've been following this team throughout the Kubiak years... You must be new. What is your name? and how can I help you get familiar with the way things work around here?

BullNation4Life
10-08-2012, 11:54 PM
wow. i really must have had one or two beers too many. I thought you said 18 months max. my bad.

Ah, no I did, I edited it. that seemed too long in my head so I looked it up...

So no, continue with your beer sir...:wesmantexanfan:

The Cush
10-08-2012, 11:55 PM

I think the Texans are more concerned with dealing with the injury than trying to properly categorize his status for the public. If they said he was questionable even though they knew he would be out, I don't think they really cared it was misinformation at that point.

Lurvinator11
10-08-2012, 11:55 PM
He quoted someone who said that he did tear his ACL and asked that guy for a source. Not confirmed by anyone of importance.

Roland Martin is a Political guy with CNN. He is a big fan and apparently very connected.....I believe it....I guess we will see tomorrow!

Speaking out on the available ILB's Ruud should be good.

GP
10-08-2012, 11:56 PM
If it IS a torn ACL, how will he be in 2013?

I am not familiar with the various ligament injuries in a knee...so am wondering if this is something you put a brace on and you're not obviously 100% but yet you're still able to function relatively well.

THoughts?

BullNation4Life
10-08-2012, 11:57 PM
Wonder if Farrior has kept himself in shape.

Don't know, maybe someone can tweet him and tell him to get ready for a phone call, because one maybe coming his way from the Texans FO...

Carr Bombed
10-08-2012, 11:57 PM

When did they list him as questionable? During the halftime interview R. Lord asked Kubiak about Cushing and without hesitation he straight up said "He's out".. he didn't sound too optimistic about it either.

TexansFanatic
10-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Hello, my name is John... I've been following this team throughout the Kubiak years... You must be new. What is your name? and how can I help you get familiar with the way things work around here?

Hahahahaha!

Exactly.

Except it's not just the Kubiak years.

Wasn't Tony Boselli supposed to be our anchor on the O-line for many years?

Wasn't Domanick Davis/Williams supposed to be our franchise running back?

gtexan02
Why did the title change? What new information do we have? There hasn't even been an MRI yet!

The Cush
Roland Martin is a Political guy with CNN. He is a big fan and apparently very connected.....I believe it....I guess we will see tomorrow!

Speaking out on the available ILB's Ruud should be good.

Ruud absolutely sucked it up last year. I would rather roll with the 2 one dimensional run stoppers

fiasco west
Title changed....

I am still holding out some hope that it is a sprain...please let it be a sprain...

Ryan
10-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Why did the title change? What new information do we have? There hasn't even been an MRI yet!

Chuck the waterboy sent me a text message. He's definitely in the loop.

Tailgate
10-08-2012, 11:59 PM

No ****!! Leave us at least a glimmer of hope!

Carr Bombed
10-09-2012, 12:00 AM
I think the Texans are more concerned with dealing with the injury than trying to properly categorize his status for the public. If they said he was questionable even though they knew he would be out, I don't think they really cared it was misinformation at that point.

On the local broadcast, Kubiak never said he was questionable.. He flat out said "He's out".

gtexan02
10-09-2012, 12:00 AM
if it turns out to be a sprain the OP of this thread is getting a big dose of negative REP, because I'm officially freaking out about losing him for the year

Lurvinator11
10-09-2012, 12:01 AM
More and more reports on twitter.

Guys, this isn't looking good. At all.

Can we move on without the Cush?

I like our chances, I know he is a big blow, but our front 4 have been pretty good and the secondary as well.

The best thing coming out of this will be the defense rallying around the fallen cush and playing with more intensity.

I believe in this team.

TexanSam
10-09-2012, 12:01 AM
if it turns out to be a sprain the OP of this thread is getting a big dose of negative REP, because I'm officially freaking out about losing him for the year

Everyone is. Twitter's going nuts.

TexansFanatic
10-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Ah, no I did, I edited it. that seemed too long in my head so I looked it up...

So no, continue with your beer sir...:wesmantexanfan:

Ah, ya bastid! You had me thinking I was nuts. (which I am anyway!)

:crazy:

But thanks for letting me off the hook. :tiphat:

Big Poundcake
Dhani Jones ???

TheMatrix31
On the local broadcast, Kubiak never said he was questionable.. He flat out said "He's out".

There were some "Cushing questionable to return"s from various reputable sources on Twitter after it happened.

We got confirmation he was out after the half.

The Cush

The Questionable listing came from ESPN's sideline reporter shortly after the injury. She later said he was ruled out.

dalemurphy
10-09-2012, 12:03 AM

A sprain and tear are the same thing... A torn ACL is a sprained knee. Everyone knows it is torn and he's done. Once they did the ACL test, they knew. The MRI will confirm it. Prepare yourself. I'm not being a pessimist. This is reality. Good news is we have two roster spots to work with, because Holliday is getting cut this week, also.

DX-TEX
Who was the MLB from the Dolphins who "retired" last year?

EDIT:Channing Crowder! Was a good ILB in a 3-4 defense. A little weird with his comments but a solid player.

Hookem Horns
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A4vFKOWCcAAsRKU.jpg:large

TexansFanatic
10-09-2012, 12:04 AM

Just an FYI: the OP didn't change the thread title. One of the mods did.

TheMatrix31
****ing **** the Jets.

gtexan02
A sprain and tear are the same thing... A torn ACL is a sprained knee. Everyone knows it is torn and he's done. Once they did the ACL test, they knew. The MRI will confirm it. Prepare yourself. I'm not being a pessimist. This is reality. Good news is we have two roster spots to work with, because Holliday is getting cut this week, also.

You can work back from a sprain with rehab. AJ had an MCL or PCL partial tear or sprain and was out 6-8 weeks before returning.

That said, I'm accepting it now. Too many sources are confirming it to for it to be false at this point.

http://twitter.com/rolandsmartin/statuses/255526340760064000

Big Poundcake
10-09-2012, 12:05 AM
If it IS a torn ACL, how will he be in 2013?

I am not familiar with the various ligament injuries in a knee...so am wondering if this is something you put a brace on and you're not obviously 100% but yet you're still able to function relatively well.

THoughts?

Adrian Peterson tore his ACL in late December 2011 and he is started this season playing.

Bulls on Parade
10-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Just an FYI: the OP didn't change the thread title. One of the mods did.
I came on late. May I ask what the thread title said originally? It just say Cushing injury. I'm hopeful it's not serious just like everybody else.

gtexan02
10-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Owen Daniels:

We made enough plays.

Losing Cush is tough. First big adversity we have to deal with this year. Thoughts with him, hope for a full recovery. We dealt with it last year. A team thing for us this year. It's the way it is. We have a good team. Hopefully guys step up and we'll be alright.

GlassHalfFull
I came on late. May I ask what the thread title said originally? It just say Cushing injury. I'm hopeful it's not serious just like everybody else.

It has been changed back to the original title. For a while it said - Out for the Season

PandapuffTexan
We are about to find out if texans are really super bowl or bust..:vincepalm:

SheTexan
Wade will fix it! NOT Cush's knee, but, the huge hole that will occur IF Cush is out for the year! Just gotta have faith in the man to get it done. As JJ Watt said in his interview, Wade Phillips is a genius! So, there is no reason for us not to believe that he will take care of business. Our D gives credit to every man on the team, and they will work extra hard to fill in the gap. Our season is not over with one loss! As long as our boys believe, then I will believe!!

ItsMyFault
10-09-2012, 12:07 AM
**** this ****. Our rush D is going to hurt significantly without Cushing. I don't even care of this win. We just lost one of our 3 best defensive players.

Big Lou
10-09-2012, 12:08 AM
WTF happened to the title of the thread, I'm so confused!!!!!

PandapuffTexan
10-09-2012, 12:08 AM
**** this ****. Our rush D is going to hurt significantly without Cushing. I don't even care of this win. We just lost one of our 3 best defensive players.

I agree i would of rather been humilated on natianl tv and kept cushing...tebow called god before the game and struck a deal:/ i knew it

Carr Bombed
10-09-2012, 12:09 AM
The Questionable listing came from ESPN's sideline reporter shortly after the injury. She later said he was ruled out.

ESPN reporter.. nuff said.

And let's be honest here, teams aren't exactly forth coming early on. They probably listed him as questionable, because they didn't know what the hell was going on yet.. when they took him back to the locker room, he was then listed as "will not return".. that's what I'd go by.

dalemurphy
10-09-2012, 12:10 AM
You can work back from a sprain with rehab. AJ had an MCL or PCL partial tear or sprain and was out 6-8 weeks before returning.

That said, I'm accepting it now. Too many sources are confirming it to for it to be false at this point.

http://twitter.com/rolandsmartin/statuses/255526340760064000

Degrees of sprain. A complete tear is a sprain.. A slight tear is a sprain. These injuries are all called "sprains" initially. Then, after the confirming MRI, they reveal surgery... Again, though, everyone involved knows it. A torn ACL is very easy to diagnosis and doesn't get misdiagnosed. If that lower leg moves forward when it is pulled on, the ACL is torn.

TexansFanatic

Ha! Funny,

I originally typed out: "Brian Cushing injury"

Then someone changed it to "Brian Cushing torn ACL...out for the season"

Now it's back to my original title. Weird.

Tailgate
I could care less about the win right now. Its going to take me a while to adjust to this. I feel sick.

Big Poundcake
10-09-2012, 12:11 AM
"Hello is this Mr. Thomas...I mean Zach Thomas?" (Awkward Pause) "Might you still be playing shape sirs?"

Bulls on Parade
10-09-2012, 12:11 AM
Ha! Funny, I originally typed out: "Brian Cushing injury"

Then someone changed it to "Torn ACL: Out for the year"

Now it's back to my original title. Weird.
Oh gosh. I hope a moderator was just doing it to jinx it not being a serious injury. I guess we'll find out tomorrow then.

The Cush
10-09-2012, 12:13 AM
ESPN reporter.. nuff said.

And let's be honest here, teams aren't exactly forth coming early on. They probably listed him as questionable, because they didn't know what the hell was going on yet.. when they took him back to the locker room, he was then listed as "will not return".. that's what I'd go by.

Yea that's what I was saying. The team is more concerned with dealing with the injury than wasting time trying to figure out what to release to the public.

PandapuffTexan
10-09-2012, 12:13 AM
I saw a reply looked like cushing was crying..last year he looked unstoppable seing him cry makes me think the worst...hope im wrong..

TexansFanatic
10-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Oh gosh. I hope a moderator was just doing it to jinx it not being a serious injury. I guess we'll find out tomorrow then.

I don't blame the mod for wanting to be certain, but I would expect the worst.

Mr. Texan
10-09-2012, 12:15 AM
What happened to Whitney Mercilus?

GP
10-09-2012, 12:18 AM
So have we played a game this season where our opponent HASN'T tried punk ass stuff on us?

Each game it's the same thing. This time it cost us Cushing.

Lurvinator11
10-09-2012, 12:26 AM
What happened to Whitney Mercilus?

He isn't an ILB.

Corrosion
10-09-2012, 12:26 AM

Sharptons return doesnt concern me .... Dobbins has outplayed him at every opportunity.

Losing Cushing for any amount of time would certianly hurt .... But having a guy like Dobbins behind him is a luxury not many teams have. Dude just makes plays.

Sharpton would have to outplay Mister Alexander before he took someone's roster spot at ILB and he hasnt done that since he joined the Texans.

Mr. Texan
10-09-2012, 12:28 AM
He isn't an ILB.

I'm just talking about in general. It's like he doesn't exist. but i guess that's another topic

MEGA SWATT
10-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Can we not have a season where key players stay healthy:vincepalm:

I hope this is not the start of next man up, because I just :choke:

DX-TEX
10-09-2012, 12:30 AM
McClain_on_NFL Brian Cushing appears to be done for season with a torn ACL. Tim Dobbins replaced him. What a loss for the Texans' defense. 21 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Oh well

fiasco west
10-09-2012, 12:31 AM
I'm just talking about in general. It's like he doesn't exist. but i guess that's another topic

He's a rookie, so we should go a little easy on him.

Would be nice though if he just pops up and starts to make some plays though in the absence of Cushing...

TheMatrix31
10-09-2012, 12:31 AM
I would have rather lost by 50 than have this mother****ing **** happen.

Mr. Texan
10-09-2012, 12:33 AM
He's a rookie, so we should go a little easy on him.

Would be nice though if he just pops up and starts to make some plays though in the absence of Cushing...

oh I am lol . just seems like a wasted pick but we never know. :cow:

Marcus
10-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Players on all teams get injured for all kinds of reasons. It's pointless to dwell on those reasons.

We lost Cushing due to injury. Period. Losing key players to injury will derail this team's hopes for SB run more than anything else.

We need to say healthy. And that's where luck comes in.

Lurvinator11
10-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Huge loss, but at least this happened early in the season, so they can adjust to the loss by the time playoffs come by.

Hope it doesn't effect us too much.

Texn4life
10-09-2012, 12:35 AM
Injuries happen...... gotta deal with it and move on. Wish Cush well in his recovery if it is an ACL.

Texn4life
10-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Very freaky note.... We lost Mario in the first half of the 5th game last year. Didn't hurt us too much then. Next man up!

Hookem Horns
10-09-2012, 12:36 AM
I have just accepted that this is the nature of the game. You are going to lose a key/star player at some point during the season, and often it's going to be for the entire season. That is why depth and coaching is so vital in the NFL.

Most all teams are going to go through this. The Giants lost some key players on their road to the Super Bowl last season. Other teams have already lost some key players this season.

Honestly, I am not sweating losing Cush for the season. This team has too much other talent and great defensive coaching to allow Cush's absence to sink them.

Hookem Horns
10-09-2012, 12:38 AM
Very freaky note.... We lost Mario in the first half of the 5th game last year. Didn't hurt us too much then. Next man up!

Bills fans will agree that whether Mario is in or out there is no difference, but there is already a thread on that. ;)

Dutchrudder
10-09-2012, 12:38 AM
I like Dobbins enough to think we can still keep on going. The loss of Cushing will definitely be huge, but every team has to deal with injuries. I just hope our offense will come up with a better showing in the next few weeks so that we don't need the defense to hold the opponents under 20 points every Sunday.

silentassassin
10-09-2012, 12:41 AM
It really sucks, but I guess we'll have to accept it.

Eff Slauson by the way. That SOB.

fiasco west
10-09-2012, 12:41 AM
I have just accepted that this is the nature of the game. You are going to lose a key/star player at some point during the season, and often it's going to be for the entire season. That is why depth and coaching is so vital in the NFL.

Most all teams are going to go through this. The Giants lost some key players on their road to the Super Bowl last season. Other teams have already lost some key players this season.

Honestly, I am not sweating losing Cush for the season. This team has too much other talent and great defensive coaching to allow Cush's absence to sink them.

Yep this is true. Everyone loses a key player or two.

I do feel like there are players that teams just can't lose. (outside of QB of course)

Ravens lose Ray Rice or Ngata they are no longer contenders.
Packers lose Matthews
9ers losing Willis

I feel like Cushing while a great player...he's not Watt or Foster. I think if we were to lose those guys we'd be done for as far as superbowl contention goes.

Brisco_County
10-09-2012, 12:42 AM
It's a terrible occurance for someone who loves the game as much as he does.

We were already thin at that position, and Sharpton is only worth three games before he's injured again. Everyone who wanted to see more of Braman will get to see why we haven't before--He's not ready. It'll probably be a rotation of Dobbins and Alexander and whoever we sign for one year. So be prepared for teams to start running on us a lot.

And seriously, **** the Jets.

rolyat93
10-09-2012, 12:44 AM
Don't fool yourselves on this one. The only thing that would make Cushing cry and say "Why me?" is the discovery that his season is over. It's a terrible occurance for someone who loves the game as much as he does.

We were already thin at that position, and Sharpton is only worth three games before he's injured again. Everyone who wanted to see more of Braman will get to see why we haven't before--He's not ready. It'll probably be a rotation of Dobbins and Alexander and whoever we sign for one year. So be prepared for teams to start running on us a lot.

If there's anything Dobbins can do, it's stop the run.

toronto
10-09-2012, 12:46 AM
Man...

All I have been saying as the Texans have started piling up the wins, was one thing...

Stay healthy. Big loss if true. It just sucks and I feel for you all. Try and be like the Packers two years ago, who took a ton of blows injuries-wise but pulled off a championship. Hopefully you have their depth.

Marcus
And do you mean to tell me that we still haven't learned not to prejudge players by what they do in their rookie seasons?

You'd think Duane Brown and Kareem Jackson would be pretty good examples, but I guess not.

awc713
was no one worried watching this game? did yall not see what i was seeing? our d looked pathetic. they made sanchez look like a decent QB.

playoff caliber qb's will tear the inside of this linebacking core up. james has not been impressive. they need to go outside of the organization. trades? free agents?

DX-TEX
It's a terrible occurance for someone who loves the game as much as he does.

Im more worried about our dime package where Cush is the only ILB on the field.

Brisco_County

I have a lot of respect for Dobbins in that regard. We'll see how consistent he is.

Corrosion
10-09-2012, 12:48 AM
But having a guy like Dobbins behind him is a luxury not many teams have. Dude just makes plays.

I like Dobbins enough to think we can still keep on going. The loss of Cushing will definitely be huge, but every team has to deal with injuries.

While I dont think anyone replaces Cushing in the middle .... Dobbins is a better option than most teams starters IMO. He wont be spectacular but he'll be solid.

I would have rather lost by 50 than have this mother****ing **** happen.

Look at the bright side .... Cushing doesnt go into a contract year putting up monster numbers making it easier for the team to retain his services long term.

..... Next man up.

Texn4life
10-09-2012, 12:49 AM

Yeah, i'm more worried about our pass defense at the position. We literally have no LBs who can cover effectively on Nickle and Dime situations now. James is a liability in this area and he's the best we have now. I wouldn't be surprised to see Wade call his old buddy Matt Wilhelm.

TheMatrix31
10-09-2012, 12:52 AM
I encourage everyone who has Twitter to tweet @nfl and @nflcommish, and bust balls about reviewing that mother****er Slauson and fining/penalizing him severely.

Texn4life
10-09-2012, 12:52 AM
I know it's crazy to think of, but with Braman's athleticism I wonder if we may see him transition inside a little more now.

Texn4life
10-09-2012, 12:54 AM
I encourage everyone who has Twitter to tweet @nfl and @nflcommish, and bust balls about reviewing that mother****er Slauson and fining/penalizing him severely.

That was as cheap and as dirty as it gets in this league. He should expect and heavy fine.

JustinK4404
Just feel awful for Cush, I know J Joe, (even with a bad game tonight), Watt, may be more valuable. I just feel like Cush makes everything go. If anyone can come back earlier than expected it's him. Seeing his reaction and what I've read, he's done, but lets hope for the best w/ the MRI tomorrow

MEGA SWATT

Agree.

jppaul
10-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Huge loss. Hope he makes a full recovery and I am bummed for him. As for replacements I know Braman is an olb but his size, speed and agility are intriguing if they consider moving him inside. Dobbins has been pretty sharp but does come downhill like cush. Out of the list of available ej Henderson is interesting.

gtexan02
10-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Didn't Cushing have knee surgery this offseason too?

Texans34Life
10-09-2012, 01:11 AM
SR610: According to SR610's John McClain, Texans ILB Brian Cushing suffered a torn ACL Monday night and is done for the season. http://cbsloc.al/UBNhUm

Lurvinator11
10-09-2012, 01:11 AM
610 is now reporting that it IS in fact a torn ACL

Ryan
10-09-2012, 01:14 AM
I'll wait for the MRI but I'm still expecting the same news. Wouldn't be a Texans season without an injury to one of our stars.

TheMatrix31
10-09-2012, 01:28 AM
My biggest sadness is even IF we still have measured success this year, not having our heart and soul Cushing on the field yelling and getting everyone hyped up really pisses me off. Dude LOVES what he does, and loves pumping his boys up while playing. It's gonna eat him alive not being able to be out there if we indeed go deep or all the way to the Super Bowl.

That leadership will be missed. Just not the same if it's only on the sidelines or only in the locker room.

Bulls on Parade
10-09-2012, 01:46 AM
I'll wait for the MRI but I'm still expecting the same news. Wouldn't be a Texans season without an injury to one of our stars.
Same but I'm hopeful it's not as serious as an ACL season-ending injury. We'll find out tomorrow he'll be out 2 or 3 weeks (past the bye week maybe). Cushing is too much of a warrior to go down for the year. Maybe not the same as a broken leg, and this happened years ago, but remember when T.O. was supposed to be down for the year but came back to play in the Super Bowl for the Eagles like two months later? Cushing will be back. I have that strong faith.

Norg
10-09-2012, 02:05 AM
Cushing is a warrior he might miss a few weeks or even a few months but he will be back !!!!!!!!

Lurvinator11
10-09-2012, 02:12 AM
Cushing is a warrior he might miss a few weeks or even a few months but he will be back !!!!!!!!

Try the entire season......

Norg
10-09-2012, 02:13 AM

the results are in already ?????

Carr Bombed
10-09-2012, 02:38 AM
Same but I'm hopeful it's not as serious as an ACL season-ending injury. We'll find out tomorrow he'll be out 2 or 3 weeks (past the bye week maybe). Cushing is too much of a warrior to go down for the year. Maybe not the same as a broken leg, and this happened years ago, but remember when T.O. was supposed to be down for the year but came back to play in the Super Bowl for the Eagles like two months later? Cushing will be back. I have that strong faith.

Didn't T.O. have a ankle injury?

When your knee is ****ed, your knee is ****ed.. I don't care how tough you are (trying to gut it out will only do further damage). There's a difference between being hurt and being injured..by all early accounts, right now Cushing is severely injured. He actually showed his toughness and the warrior inside him by trying to get off the turf and then walking off on his own power to the locker room (He didn't need a damn cart). Sadly though I think that's the last we're going to see this season. Still a tough SOB though.

Allstar
10-09-2012, 02:42 AM
Ugh. I'd have preferred to lose to the jets than lose Cush.

LondonTex
10-09-2012, 02:49 AM
I was enjoying the game until that point.... win aside, that injury left a bad taste..I just pray its not season ending

Bulls on Parade
10-09-2012, 02:50 AM
Says who? John McClain? Is he a doctor? I mean let's wait for the MRI tomorrow. I'm going to hold on to hope until the last possible second.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-10-08/houston-texans-lb-brian-cushing-leaves-game-with-injury

EAST RUTHERFORD, N. J.—Texans star inside linebacker Brian Cushing left Monday night’s 23-17 win over the Jets with a left knee injury that may be severe. After the game, John McClain of the Houston Chronicle tweeted that Cushing appeared to be done for the season with a torn ACL, but that's speculation until doctors review an MRI.

Cushing went down in the second quarter. He limped off the field and into the locker room under his own power.

"We're very concerned, obviously, but I don't want to jump the gun here,'' Kubiak said. "They told me upstairs that he got cut on the play and his foot might have gotten stuck in the turf and bent.''

Asked how significant losing Cushing would be, Kubiak said, "I can't even go there. I'd talk myself in a hole if I do that. We'll wait until tomorrow.''

The 25-year-old Cushing is already a two-time All-Pro.

Carr Bombed
10-09-2012, 02:56 AM
Says who? John McClain? Is he a doctor? I mean let's wait for the MRI tomorrow. I'm going to hold on to hope until the last possible second.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-10-08/houston-texans-lb-brian-cushing-leaves-game-with-injury

EAST RUTHERFORD, N. J.—Texans star inside linebacker Brian Cushing left Monday night’s 23-17 win over the Jets with a left knee injury that may be severe. After the game, John McClain of the Houston Chronicle tweeted that Cushing appeared to be done for the season with a torn ACL, but that's speculation until doctors review an MRI.

Cushing went down in the second quarter. He limped off the field and into the locker room under his own power.

"We're very concerned, obviously, but I don't want to jump the gun here,'' Kubiak said. "They told me upstairs that he got cut on the play and his foot might have gotten stuck in the turf and bent.''

Asked how significant losing Cushing would be, Kubiak said, "I can't even go there. I'd talk myself in a hole if I do that. We'll wait until tomorrow.''

The 25-year-old Cushing is already a two-time All-Pro.

Kubiak's middle name is "I don't want to jump the gun". Players with reported hang nails end up going on I.R. under his watch. I think we can all see where this is headed, but yeah pray for the best... however still prepare for the worst (it's coming).

Premier
10-09-2012, 03:11 AM
just got back home.. all ive been hearing is speculation of torn acl.. please please let cushing be okay...

Maddict5
10-09-2012, 05:08 AM
jesus.. the irony.... just went to cush's twitter and this is the 3rd thing from the top- he retweeted this last tuesday

@briancushing56 , hey man, can i get a retweet for my son kobey NOT having to have ACL surgery, just rehab and answered prayers
Retweeted by Brian Cushing

GuerillaBlack
10-09-2012, 05:23 AM
jesus.. the irony.... just went to cush's twitter and this is the 3rd thing from the top- he retweeted this last tuesday

Maybe Cushing won't either. We can hope.

silentassassin
10-09-2012, 06:20 AM
was no one worried watching this game? did yall not see what i was seeing? our d looked pathetic. they made sanchez look like a decent QB.

playoff caliber qb's will tear the inside of this linebacking core up. james has not been impressive. they need to go outside of the organization. trades? free agents?

If you've followed this team for a long time, you know it's not likely they'll look towards the outside to fill a need for starters. Dobbins will move up and whoever comes in will be relegated to special teams for a while.

As far as the D not looking great, it wasn't going to look awesome for all 16 games. The encouraging thing is that they seem to be more opportunistic than last year, albeit at the cost of giving up more yards.

LikeMike
10-09-2012, 06:31 AM

Our D looked pathetic? Let me check:

points allowed: 10 - thatīs pretty good
total yards allowed: 286 - that`s pretty decent
stoping 3d downs 72% of the time - that`s awesome
allowed 69 yards rushing - pretty good
217 yards passing and 1 TD - Iīll take that
14/32 completion percentage allowed - great
3 sacks - not bad
red zone: 2 trips no TDs - great
2 interceptions: great

Iīll take this pathetic defense every day if you ask me. Jojo looked bad and we allowed some throws - but in the NFL there are no easy games. Those guys are pros and they will make a play every now and then. If at all our own passing game was a little worrisome, not the defense. They always made the stop when they needed to.

As for Cushing... why? Why do we suffer those injuries to our best players every damn season. It is not Brady James, Shaun Cody or even Connor Barwin that gets injured, its our best defensive player (yeah, I still give that to Cushing over Watt and Jojo). Really hope its not season ending - if we could just get him back in time for the playoffs...

chicagotexan2
10-09-2012, 06:40 AM
Man this sucks. I hope he makes a full speedy recovery. Good win but a terrible loss too. Next man up 2.0

Brewski
10-09-2012, 06:42 AM
ACL out for the season according to 610

Tailgate
10-09-2012, 08:10 AM
ACL out for the season according to 610

Lalalalalalalalalaalalalalaalalalalalalalalal..... This isnt happening!!!:brando:

Hardcore Texan
10-09-2012, 08:12 AM
damn

rmartin65
10-09-2012, 08:12 AM
Well... that sucks.

panamamyers
10-09-2012, 08:13 AM
when's sharpton due back

GlassHalfFull
10-09-2012, 08:18 AM
The player that injured him needs to be suspended for as many games as Cushing is out.

Check out the comments from Payne and Matthews from this link (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/brian-cushing-leaves-texans-jets-game-uncalled-questionable-022626147--nfl.html)

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/I5pyYNveU.dqB4g0_c3k_g--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/claymatthewscushingtweet.jpg

Rudyball
10-09-2012, 08:30 AM
We all know injuries are a part of the season but this was intentional and I am hoping the league steps in on this.

thunderkyss
10-09-2012, 08:41 AM
We all know injuries are a part of the season but this was intentional and I am hoping the league steps in on this.

This was not intentional. It sucks being a Texans/Cushing fan, but this was not intentional. You've got a player who was beat, out-matched trying to block a superior athlete.

I agree with Matthews, they need to protect players on both sides of the ball.

TexansBlood
10-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Costly ugly win, fkn sucks.

Sideline
10-09-2012, 08:56 AM
This was not intentional. It sucks being a Texans/Cushing fan, but this was not intentional. You've got a player who was beat, out-matched trying to block a superior athlete.

I agree with Matthews, they need to protect players on both sides of the ball.

Agreed, this is the nature of the game. It happens, Cushing knows that.

I do think that anything at the knees like that needs to be looked at, but it's just too hard to officiate. That happened in the middle of a pack. Yes the TV cameras saw it but you can't expect officials to have to look for that also.

It's a violent sport. These things happen.

Porky
10-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Dirty play. End of story. I'm so pissed. I just wish someone had gone after his Slauson. Son of a ***** doesn't deserve to have his Slauson after that cheap shot. Where's Lorena Bobbitt when you need her. :slapfight:

GP
10-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Two things:

1. It was classic Brian Cushing for the guy to walk off the field unassisted. The image of him riding a cart was spared, which I think helped the morale of our team at a time when the game's momentum was still up for grabs.

2. Listing him, initially, as "questionable return" also helped the morale of our team. None of those guys need to hear, during the game, that Cushing is out for season with torn ACL.

A lot of sports is played "between the ears," and Brian Cushing was not going to be helped off the field nor to the locker room. That's leadership.

gtexan02
10-09-2012, 09:00 AM
"I wouldn't want to lose him. I wouldn't want to lose him at all for any reason," Texans S Danieal Manning said after the contest, per ESPN AFC South blogger Paul Kuharsky. "He's so valuable to this team in so many ways. Just his presence alone. Opposing teams won't, and don't, do certain plays. And we do a lot of plays formulated around Cush. It's a whole team, but you can tell, so many things that we do are to let our beast play."

Oh jeez...I knew he was important but this could be worse than I thought
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/rumors?

Tailgate
10-09-2012, 09:06 AM
Make no mistake, the loss of Cush is a HUGE loss.

Ryan
10-09-2012, 09:11 AM
No one covers the field laterally better than Cushing. Be prepared for more runs that gauge us on the outside. Dobbins can hold his own on the inside I believe, but that's gonna be the difference maker.

WolverineFan
10-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Dirty play. End of story. I'm so pissed. I just wish someone had gone after his Slauson. Son of a ***** doesn't deserve to have his Slauson after that cheap shot. Where's Lorena Bobbitt when you need her. :slapfight:

It was not dirty. It should have been flagged for a clip, but there wasn't a dirty intent. The guy missed his block, got up and tried to make another one, and committed a penalty (although not called).

Just because it was a clip doesn't mean it was dirty. When Antonio got mugged and held by 2 different OL it wasn't dirty. It was a penalty (although not called) but not dirty.

Playoffs
10-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Tough, tough loss.

Porky
10-09-2012, 09:36 AM
It was not dirty. It should have been flagged for a clip, but there wasn't a dirty intent. The guy missed his block, got up and tried to make another one, and committed a penalty (although not called).

Just because it was a clip doesn't mean it was dirty. When Antonio got mugged and held by 2 different OL it wasn't dirty. It was a penalty (although not called) but not dirty.

We'll just agree to disagree. Dirty play, and he knew exactly what he was doing. Don't give me that crap.

Hookem Horns
10-09-2012, 09:39 AM
Look at the bright side. Nothing better to test our new Cushless defense than a desperate Packers team coming off of an humiliating loss led at QB by last year's MVP. It should make for a good test.

fiasco west
10-09-2012, 09:40 AM
It is interesting to hear on Mike&Mike this morning that Reggie Bush's recent injury may have been the result of him being targeted by the Jets.

GlassHalfFull
10-09-2012, 09:41 AM
Look at the bright side. Nothing better to test our new Cushless defense than a desperate Packers team coming off of an humiliating loss led at QB by last year's MVP. It should make for a good test.

You need some work on your bright side thoughts.

:glasshalffull:

Texan_Bill
10-09-2012, 09:43 AM

Thanks Kevin...... and I was looking for the silver lining. :gun:

Dread-Head
10-09-2012, 09:44 AM
That cheap shot on him was deliberate. The jets prove yet again to be classless chumps.

robroy72
10-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Anyone else not able to hit page 13 on this thread?

gtexan02
10-09-2012, 09:46 AM

You're the only post on it...

GuerillaBlack
10-09-2012, 09:48 AM

No because you're the first post.

ajohnson80
10-09-2012, 09:49 AM
jets had their backs against the wall and they played desperate football. I had a feeling someone was going to get hurt with the way they were playing. There is no replacement that can bring what cush brings every game a big loss for sure but i have faith that our d will still be amongst the best.

Jackie Chiles
10-09-2012, 09:53 AM
This loss hurts big time. Feel bad for Cush but if anyone is going to attack their rehab and make a full recovery its him. Look forward to seeing him back on the field next year and hopefully about 10 more years after that.

Errant Hothy
10-09-2012, 10:05 AM
I'm confident in Cush's ability to rehab, make a full recovery; but it sucks for the now.

GP
10-09-2012, 10:23 AM

When you dive at the BACK of a player's knees, it's intentional 100% of the time. Desperate people do dumb stuff.

PandapuffTexan
10-09-2012, 10:23 AM
the injury is a big loss. but on bright side we got people that are stepping it up. we still have jj watt (knocks on wood) that dude won the game for us. that defelcted ball that was a clear shot to end zone. he stopped the hail mary pass at the end. Im confident wade can work around this. maybe will inject meat into foster at night and he starts having more explosivenss and we will rack up more points. making it easier on our cushinless defense.

Playoffs
10-09-2012, 10:29 AM
It is interesting to hear on Mike&Mike this morning that Reggie Bush's recent injury may have been the result of him being targeted by the Jets.

Yeah, Jets made a number of public statements -- top down -- about targeting the player.