PDA

View Full Version : Jets' Greene: We can run on Texans

drs23
10-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Jets running back Shonn Greene knows how good the Texans defense is. He knows it’s the No. 1-ranked unit in the NFL.

Still, Greene said he thinks the Jets can get something going against them if they execute their game plan Monday night.

“We’ve got to try to bring it to those guys and not let them bring it to us,” Greene said. “I think our offensive line has to be a bully in this game and try to get the push on them so we can make plays. We’ve just got to execute.”

The Jets running game has been a rumor so far this season. Greene has 191 yards on 68 carries with just one touchdown. The Jets’ rushing attack ranks 24th in the league at 86.5 yards per game.

LINK (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/greene_we_can_run_on_texans_IrTFBAqGQqQSH7A8Wk0DTO ?utm_medium=rss&utm_content=Jets) to the rest...

Ryan
10-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Coming from one of the worst starting RBs in the NFL. He may be 4th string on our team.

Allstar
10-08-2012, 01:24 PM
Meh, not much smack. He just said that if his O-line does it's job, they can run.

rolyat93
10-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Lol, was he supposed to say "Well it's kinda hopeless, I mean even if we execute I doubt anything positive will happen. I mean, have you seen me try to run? I suck, man!"

Marcus
10-08-2012, 01:32 PM
The Titan's O-line apparently did its job last week. And the team before that. I guess they watched some film.

:whip:

Vinny
10-08-2012, 01:40 PM
I think teams may be able to run on us up the middle at some point this season. We rally to the ball laterally better than just about any team in the league but I think we may be exploited up the middle.

We've been up and in the lead so much that teams stop doing that or trying that....I'm interested in seeing if we hold up when we play better teams and don't have big leads.

Goldensilence
10-08-2012, 01:46 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8478791/source-houston-texans-rb-ben-tate-likely-vs-new-york-jets

The Jets have struggled to stop the run this season and currently are ranked 26th in the NFL with 691 yards allowed in four games.

Well, looks like Foster and Forsett should be able to run as well.

Thorn
10-08-2012, 02:12 PM
The Jet players are going to say postive things about their team to hype themselves up, just like the Texan players will. No big deal.

What's happens on the field is what counts anyway, not a bunch of talk and hot air before hand.

Perki-Perk
10-08-2012, 02:15 PM
The only way they will run on the Texans is if they lay down a graphic of our moniker on the field and do wind sprints during practice. Get outta heeyah!

LikeMike
10-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Defending the run has been our weakness so far... So yeah, if they do their job they can run on us. But eventually we always stop em on 3d down and get ahead.

But he is right: if they want to have a chance they need to stick to their gameplan and keep on running on us.

Corrosion
10-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Meh, not much smack. He just said that if his O-line does it's job, they can run.

I pretty much agree here .... The way he framed the statement was what they need to do to be successful .... not just that they can.

gtexan02
10-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Yup. And we haven't exactly been a powerhouse at defending the run. We'll see what happens, but I wouldn't be surprsied to see him put up 80 to 100 on the ground and still lose

HOU-TEX
10-08-2012, 03:21 PM
I think teams may be able to run on us up the middle at some point this season. We rally to the ball laterally better than just about any team in the league but I think we may be exploited up the middle.

We've been up and in the lead so much that teams stop doing that or trying that....I'm interested in seeing if we hold up when we play better teams and don't have big leads.

And I don't think Cody has performed as well lately for whatever reason (back?). I think the Mitch is more of a rusher than a run stopper. Hopefully Cody can step up tonight.

Speedy
10-08-2012, 03:30 PM
OK, fine. Go get your 140 yards on the ground, lose by 20, and everyone goes home happy.

Corrosion
10-08-2012, 03:40 PM
And I don't think Cody has performed as well lately for whatever reason (back?). I think the Mitch is more of a rusher than a run stopper. Hopefully Cody can step up tonight.

I have to wonder how much of the Titans success on the ground was the Texans taking away what they like to do .... which is run outside, they gave up a little up the middle but limited what went to the edge .... Pretty much forcing them to sustain long drives .... they werent able to do that.

Teams get off schedule with down and distance against this defense .... and they are in trouble. Very hard to maintain long drives against.

badboy
10-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Containment to the middle of the field with lots of hats on the ball. I smell fumbles.

GlassHalfFull
10-08-2012, 03:51 PM
I have to wonder how much of the Titans success on the ground was the Texans taking away what they like to do .... which is run outside, they gave up a little up the middle but limited what went to the edge .... Pretty much forcing them to sustain long drives .... they werent able to do that.

Teams get off schedule with down and distance against this defense .... and they are in trouble. Very hard to maintain long drives against.

CJ amassed another whooping 24 yds rushing yesterday. I have been wondering if the Texans didn't just troll the Titans fans by giving them a glimmer of hope that CJ was back in good running back form.

I know, I know, but still fun to think about.

Dread-Head
10-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Forget this Bozo AND Sanchez. Let T-Blow start. I want some revenge on that punk.

NCTexan
10-08-2012, 05:01 PM
CJ amassed another whooping 24 yds rushing yesterday. I have been wondering if the Texans didn't just troll the Titans fans by giving them a glimmer of hope that CJ was back in good running back form.

That would be hilarious.

"Alright guys, lets go out there and win! But don't forget we need to crush their hopes and dreams as well. We have to let CJ run for over 100 yards. Can't think short term here. Give them hope, and then let the Vikings crush it!"

Joe Texan
10-08-2012, 05:51 PM
I got him on my fantasy team and he sucks like a hoover

BullNation4Life
10-08-2012, 06:16 PM

And if a bird flaps it's wings, it can fly....

Greene isn't saying anything that 32 teams don't already know. Typical Ryan team arrogance...

Hervoyel
10-08-2012, 11:43 PM
Turns out that no Shonn, you can't run on the Texans.

Big Lou
10-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Turns out that no Shonn, you can't run on the Texans.

We made Filthy Sanchez look a little better than he is especially with no naked wide outs but they only netted 69 yards rushing, and we won which is all that matters.

Corrosion
10-09-2012, 01:11 AM
69 yards rushing .... Nuff said.

(how bout that Miami Rush Defense ? - Really puts the first game into perspective).