PDA

View Full Version : Cromartie confident he can cover AJ

drs23
10-06-2012, 09:47 AM
We'll see. As he admits in this article (http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/10/jets_antonio_cromartie_prepare.html) he's never covered AJ in his career. I think AJ is going to take him to school.

Defensive coordinator Mike Pettine said the way running back Arian Foster commands attention, the Jets will be forced to place up to eight men in the box. That will leave the two cornerbacks alone on the outside, with just one safety over top.

Also seems their game plan is much like other teams to slow down the running game. This sure seems to me to be a "pick your poison" game. OD, Casey, Graham & Kevin could play huge rolls.

I'm really looking forward to this prime time national exposure game.

Go Texans!

BattleRedToro
10-06-2012, 09:57 AM
I imagine they'll cheat the over the top safety towards AJ's side. Expect big plays from the TE's and secondary receivers.

Stemp
10-06-2012, 09:57 AM
I imagine they'll cheat the over the top safety towards AJ's side. Expect big plays from the TE's and secondary receivers.

OD should have a monster day.

theNumber80
10-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Schaub hasn't even looked Andre's way this season so it'll probably look as if he shut Andre down on the stat sheet.

Texn4life
10-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Cromartie typically struggles against shorter, shiftier receivers because he refuses to bump receivers at the line so he'll probably do decent on AJ on deep balls because of his long speed. He'll get absolutely eaten alive though on crossing and intermediate routes though against him.

The matchup I love is on the other side with Kyle Wilson trying to cover KW or Keyshawn, and any of their safeties trying to cover OD or Graham. We should win most of the time in these situations. Their LBs can't cover worth a squat either so expect Arian or Casey to have some big gains receiving out of the backfield.

Malloy
10-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Schaub hasn't even looked Andre's way this season so it'll probably look as if he shut Andre down on the stat sheet.

in 4 games: 16 receptions, 268 yards & 2 TDs. He'll break 1k in the regular season.

I'm good with that.

Rey
10-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Cromartie typically struggles against shorter, shiftier receivers because he refuses to bump receivers at the line so he'll probably do decent on AJ on deep balls...

My exact thoughts...

I actually think he matches up well with Andre...

Playoffs
10-06-2012, 12:21 PM
Cover him.

But AJ regularly beats double coverage. You have to stop him from catching the ball, too, and that's the tough part.

HJam72
10-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Cromartie says, "Oh....I have to stop him from catching it too?" :choke:

rolyat93
10-06-2012, 12:29 PM
Did he say 1 on 1 coverage? With no Revis?? Vs Andre MF"n Johnson?!? Dre's going for 200 and 3 td's, calling it now.

theNumber80
10-06-2012, 12:30 PM
in 4 games: 16 receptions, 268 yards & 2 TDs. He'll break 1k in the regular season.

I'm good with that.

4 weeks into the season Andre has 25 targets. Right now it's working but in the long hall? That's not gonna cut it. A top 3 receiver shouldn't be getting only 5-6 targets a game. I'm liking the results so far but when we start playing elite teams Schaub not looking Andre's way is gonna hurt.

Texan_Touchdown
10-06-2012, 12:39 PM
4 weeks into the season Andre has 25 targets. Right now it's working but in the long hall? That's not gonna cut it. A top 3 receiver shouldn't be getting only 5-6 targets a game. I'm liking the results so far but when we start playing elite teams Schaub not looking Andre's way is gonna hurt.

I agree. Andre has to be a factor in the games against the elite teams, but I think it just hard to get him the ball. He's so good he gives other people good looks because they're so worried about him. Kinda like our OLB with JJ watt. Brooks and Conner are getting so much attention that JJ is getting 1 on 1 battles and he's destroying them. Our team isn't out standing in just one aspect but were really good in every aspect which I love because you can't take away all of our weapons in one game its just simple impossible, unless us as a unit has a bad game collectively.

CloakNNNdagger
10-06-2012, 01:02 PM
I get the feeling that, unlike many here believe, by half time Cromartie will not be man on AJ. We will see the Jets go to more, if not mostly zone coverage when they realize the true meaning of their loss of Revis when playing a D like ours.

SheTexan
10-06-2012, 01:15 PM
OD should have a monster day.

I hope so! I'm playing him, as well as AJ and Schaub, on my FF team this week. See how it goes playing three TEXANS!!:kitten: I simply could not resist.

welsh texan
10-06-2012, 01:15 PM
I get the feeling AJ has been a bit unhappy with his own performances so far this season, I've read quotes where he's talked about the adjustment from his knee injury and how he keeps feeling as if something is wrong with it but he isn't sure if its a real problem or not.

I also read a comment about a conversation him and Schaub had on the sideline during the Broncos game where he said he'd been playing crap all game, but Schaub said something to the effect of the ball was coming his way and he made that catch for the first down on the next drive.

AJ is our best receiver out there even if he isn't feeling at his best, but we need to hope he can get back to feeling 100% over these next few games because we're going to need him there with some tough games coming up.

Playoffs
10-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Megatron is "covered" all the time. But Stafford throws to him in triple coverage and he still catches it.

Cromartie flaps his gums all the time. Andre is quiet and makes plays. Talk is cheap.

theNumber80
10-06-2012, 01:21 PM
I get the feeling AJ has been a bit unhappy with his own performances so far this season, I've read quotes where he's talked about the adjustment from his knee injury and how he keeps feeling as if something is wrong with it but he isn't sure if its a real problem or not.

I also read a comment about a conversation him and Schaub had on the sideline during the Broncos game where he said he'd been playing crap all game, but Schaub said something to the effect of the ball was coming his way and he made that catch for the first down on the next drive.

AJ is our best receiver out there even if he isn't feeling at his best, but we need to hope he can get back to feeling 100% over these next few games because we're going to need him there with some tough games coming up.

Andre isn't playing bad though. He's gotten open several times and Schaub doesn't look his way. Andre should be Schaub's 1st/2nd read. I mean Schaub has thrown it up for grabs to Kevin Walter and Lestar Jean yet he doesn't do it for Andre? And the two times he did we got a TD and almost another if not for some fluke ninja kick by Champ. Part of it is the playcalling because Andre only has ONE red-zone target so far and the other part is Schaub's unwillingness to look Andre's way. And what happens when he targets Andre in the passing game? Our offense is 5x better. The first offensive drive against Tennessee when we targeted Andre looked absolutely FLAWLESS. Andre NEEDS to be implemented into the offense way more. 25 targets in 4 games is inexcusable. A top 3 receiver not leading his team in targets? When does that EVER happen?

Texn4life
10-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Andre isn't playing bad though. He's gotten open several times and Schaub doesn't look his way. Andre should be Schaub's 1st/2nd read. I mean Schaub has thrown it up for grabs to Kevin Walter and Lestar Jean yet he doesn't do it for Andre? And the two times he did we got a TD and almost another if not for some fluke ninja kick by Champ. Part of it is the playcalling because Andre only has ONE red-zone target so far and the other part is Schaub's unwillingness to look Andre's way. And what happens when he targets Andre in the passing game? Our offense is 5x better. The first offensive drive against Tennessee when we targeted Andre looked absolutely FLAWLESS. Andre NEEDS to be implemented into the offense way more. 25 targets in 4 games is inexcusable. A top 3 receiver not leading his team in targets? When does that EVER happen?

The past couple of years there have been people criticizing Schuab for looking at AJ too much and not throwing the ball to Walter and OD enough. The thing is spreading the ball around early in the year is going to open up opportunities for Andre later in the year. He has to understand that.

welsh texan
10-06-2012, 01:35 PM

Not criticising AJ at all in my previous post and I tried to make that obvious. Don't you think that maybe if AJ isn't feeling 100% confident they are limiting the number of looks he's getting?

They also may be attempting to only hit him when he's needed. We saw in the Denver game, when we needed a 1st down, they went his way.

He's on pace for 1000 yards, he's already put up a 100 yard game, I just wonder if we're jumping the gun slightly to worry about him. You don't get too many receivers putting up 100 yards and 10 catches game in game out, especially when coming off injury, and with the amount of talent across from him.

I think we're going to see AJ begin to have a handful of big games per season at this stage, and the rest he'll be doing great things more quietly, this O is capable of featuring a different receiver in the passing game from week to week.

Outlaw7
10-06-2012, 01:40 PM

Lol this

dtran04
10-06-2012, 01:47 PM
AJ dropped two HUGE plays in the Denver game, hence him being upset. He dropped one in the endzone and the other long one where the ball hit his facemask.

unclejamima
10-06-2012, 01:54 PM
LOL, one slipup by a Cro or a Safety and it'll be Andre slappin 6. Its not like he,s doing it himself, lets see what happens when OD and Foster start rippin it up and and Andre gets lost in the back end.

Ryan
10-06-2012, 01:54 PM

They're rotating out Andre more than ever early on in the season i've noticed. I think we'll see him a lot more in the coming weeks with two big primetime games followed by the Ravens. Just trying to keep him fresh for those games I think.

jaayteetx
10-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Cromartie is confident he can father six children by monday...

paycheck71
10-06-2012, 02:02 PM

In that game, AJ dropped a pass that hit him right in the hands that would have probably been a TD. He also wasn't able to coral the pass in the end zone on the play where Schaub got hit by Mays. In fairness, that was very well covered, and AJ shouldn't blame himself for that play. My though is he was upset with himself on those two plays.

paycheck71
10-06-2012, 02:04 PM
AJ dropped two HUGE plays in the Denver game, hence him being upset. He dropped one in the endzone and the other long one where the ball hit his facemask.

Exactly... Didn't see the second page to this thread before writing the previous post.

NastyNate
10-06-2012, 02:05 PM
They're rotating out Andre more than ever early on in the season i've noticed. I think we'll see him a lot more in the coming weeks with two big primetime games followed by the Ravens. Just trying to keep him fresh for those games I think.

This is my thought process. We need him in on the field more in January, not nearly as much in September with the weak schedule we faced barring the Denver game.

LondonTex
10-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Really looking forward to this. It's on live on BBC TV at 1:30am.. This game will get tons of exposure to UK folk as everyone has access to this game as it's not on Sky but regular tv :) (altho I subscribe to NFL gamepass so get to see all the games)

AJ and co are 'bout to lay the smackdown on some Jets!

TexCanada
10-06-2012, 02:19 PM
The thing is, we have such a well rounded offense that we can just pick on other teams weaknesses. If he covers AJ then we won't force it, we will just use one of our other weapons that they are unable to cover.

LondonTex
10-06-2012, 02:25 PM
If Crom plays anything like he did against the steelers then the jets are in trouble .... He got picked on in that game and then made such a weak play attempt against Mike Wallace which ended in a steelers TD and turned the flow of the game on its head! He sucked big time... Not to mention they're missing revis and Holmes .. They do have the ever so potent Shonne green tho ;)

Wolf
10-06-2012, 02:41 PM
this was funny from a few years ago when Cromartie was with SD

"his" facebook page
http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/smack-talkin-forum/161846-antonio-cromartie-facebook-last-sunday.html

CloakNNNdagger
10-06-2012, 03:49 PM
this was funny from a few years ago when Cromartie was with SD

"his" facebook page
http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/smack-talkin-forum/161846-antonio-cromartie-facebook-last-sunday.html

Great snippets. Cromartie has always run away from contact. Though he does like to point his team mates to the spot where THEY should make contact. AJ needs to give him one good smack on the way past him in order to remind him how much he really does hate contact.:kitten:

Big Lou
10-06-2012, 04:59 PM
I just hope Cromartie doesn't end up impregnating AJ. We had a LB that was pregnant once and it didn't go well for us......

amazing80
10-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Cromartie cant even cover up his junk let alone Andre, this fool is stupid

ObsiWan
10-06-2012, 06:19 PM

I'm good with that.

I'm not. Half of the catches and nearly half the yds came in the opener.

Scooter
10-06-2012, 07:07 PM
"i dont think he's that great, i shut andre johnson down ... except for those two 80 yard touchdowns"

rush2112mn
10-06-2012, 07:29 PM
I know Andre wanted to go up against Revis oh well. I think the Jets may use Cromartie with help..on Andre....I still think Andre is going to have a big game myself. National TV....He is going to be ready....

ThaJokaa
10-06-2012, 07:41 PM
"i dont think he's that great, i shut andre johnson down ... except for those two 80 yard touchdowns"

rofl

False Start
10-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Antonio Cromartie cant name all of his kid's names, much less hang with Dre.

TheMatrix31
10-06-2012, 08:49 PM
He should worry about covering his dick.

CloakNNNdagger
10-06-2012, 09:22 PM
He should worry about covering his dick.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTk01eGJaCQgnGKoAo0ubIPHfFwvNFqA AsNfulRtTf6UDJ7Io3QYw

robroy72
10-06-2012, 09:45 PM
http://cdn1.tauntr.com/sites/default/files/CromartieSweatBand_0.jpg

darnbni99a
10-06-2012, 10:01 PM
we bout to whoop that asssssssss

5-0!

76Texan
10-07-2012, 01:05 AM
Really looking forward to this. It's on live on BBC TV at 1:30am.. This game will get tons of exposure to UK folk as everyone has access to this game as it's not on Sky but regular tv :) (altho I subscribe to NFL gamepass so get to see all the games)

That's really good to hear.
I'd love for the Texans to attract more fans from across the pond.

76Texan
10-07-2012, 01:06 AM
http://cdn1.tauntr.com/sites/default/files/CromartieSweatBand_0.jpg

LOL! :spit:

CloakNNNdagger
10-07-2012, 07:20 AM

Could be the beginning of knocking the Cowgirls off the world stage.

Grams
10-07-2012, 07:27 AM

One can only hope.

Sp tired of hearing them as "America's Team".

LondonTex
10-07-2012, 08:36 AM
That's really good to hear.
I'd love for the Texans to attract more fans from across the pond.

Me too! Some of the other teams have really active fan-bases over here. When I go to the IS game at the end of Oct you won't see many Texans jerseys but mostly patriots, packers, steelers, giants jerseys etc. When the Texans win the SB I guarantee a lot of new fans will start supporting the Texans over here. I'm just glad to be a part of it before they win it...Maybe someday we'll have an active fan base here too :)

haha lets hope so!

One can only hope.

Sp tired of hearing them as "America's Team".

People might call them Americas team (I don't know why :nolisten: ) but they certainly aren't the most popular team here....that accolade probably goes to the Bears & Patriots.The Bears became popular because they came here in the 1986. The Patriots have been here before and are coming again in Oct...also having the word England in the name seems to attract some whereas others have supported them since the early days. Either way both teams have many bandwagon type fans (Like any successful team). The Bears are still attracting fans here based on their great 85/86 teams. (In reality they are treated week in week out to Jay cutler and Co lol

Goldensilence
10-07-2012, 11:23 AM
*shrugs*

No one has completely shut AJ down this season much as he's not getting the high number of targets we've come to expect from a healthy AJ.

There's two reasons:

1.) The Texans are just running the ball more than anyone in the league. I expect the numbers to become more balanced out between Tate and Foster as the season wears on though.

2.) The Texans don't HAVE to depend on AJ solely for in the air production anymore. This is a good thing in the long run. There are things I can and have criticized Kubiak in the past but, the way this offense is currently composed is scary for opponents. Matt Schaub is really distributing the ball REALLY well, finding open guys, taking what the defense gives, and isn't afraid to throw it to the open man. Now whether that's AJ, OD, Martin, Walter, Casey, Foster or Tate out of the backfield or Jean it's really becoming pick your poison with this offense.

What's got to be even scarier is these young guys at WR aren't yet fully integrated into this offense. AKA it's going to get better.

So Cromartie... you feel like you can cover AJ. Great! Can the rest of your teamates cover the other weapons in this offense?

TexansBull
10-07-2012, 11:31 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/27961545.jpg (http://memegenerator.net/instance/27961545?browsingOrder=New&browsingTimeSpan=Today)

CloakNNNdagger
10-07-2012, 11:43 AM
*shrugs*

No one has completely shut AJ down this season much as he's not getting the high number of targets we've come to expect from a healthy AJ.

There's two reasons:

1.) The Texans are just running the ball more than anyone in the league. I expect the numbers to become more balanced out between Tate and Foster as the season wears on though.

2.) The Texans don't HAVE to depend on AJ solely for in the air production anymore. This is a good thing in the long run. There are things I can and have criticized Kubiak in the past but, the way this offense is currently composed is scary for opponents. Matt Schaub is really distributing the ball REALLY well, finding open guys, taking what the defense gives, and isn't afraid to throw it to the open man. Now whether that's AJ, OD, Martin, Walter, Casey, Foster or Tate out of the backfield or Jean it's really becoming pick your poison with this offense.

What's got to be even scarier is these young guys at WR aren't yet fully integrated into this offense. AKA it's going to get better.

So Cromartie... you feel like you can cover AJ. Great! Can the rest of your teamates cover the other weapons in this offense?

Besides significantly limiting the plays that they target him, if you notice his routes are essentially avoiding acute cuts/curls/change of direction. They are straight-line or gentle angles. In their game play plans they are definitely showing sensitivity to avoiding moves that will encourage recurrence of hamstring, knee and ankle problems, while trying to further protect him from further aggravating his ongoing groin problem.

El Tejano
10-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Ryan is going to do what he wanted to do the first time he ever played us....knock the crap out of Matt Schaub. Only problem is, I think our TEs are going to have a great game against that front.

BlueSteel
10-08-2012, 11:43 AM
I think I would rather watches AJ have limited looks in the regular season so that he can unload in the playoffs this year. We can make a playoff push just on the back of our run game alone. :)

AJ has been targeted deep as well. He had that TD pass to him against the Tacks that he never saw until it was too late. Schaub got the ball in the air early for a timing pass and AJ never got eyes on it. His numbers will be there when it matters.

welsh texan
10-08-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm thinking AJ has a big game tonight, I think we'll open them up early on by taking advantage of Wilson across from him, leading them to leave him 1 on 1 at which point he'll go sick.

I agree they're going to come after Schaub hard and we'll need the right side of our Oline to hold up in this one and keep him upright, Schaub has a newfound knack of standing in the face of pressure and getting the pass away even when he's about to take a big hit, I don't want to see him having to be brave tonight, time for the youngsters to step up in pass pro.

2012Champs
10-08-2012, 11:59 AM
In that game, AJ dropped a pass that hit him right in the hands that would have probably been a TD. He also wasn't able to coral the pass in the end zone on the play where Schaub got hit by Mays. In fairness, that was very well covered, and AJ shouldn't blame himself for that play. My though is he was upset with himself on those two plays.

he actually got a ball kicked out of his hands in the endzone iirc but still was upset about that

ThaJokaa
10-08-2012, 12:09 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/27961545.jpg (http://memegenerator.net/instance/27961545?browsingOrder=New&browsingTimeSpan=Today)

lol

IDEXAN
10-08-2012, 01:50 PM
It's not easy for us Texans fan to accept, but Andre is not the player he was 5 years ago. Probably not even 2 or 3 years ago. He's not as fast as he was once and his focus isn't as sharp and he's now more injury plagued.

Rey
10-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Yep. Just like I said...he matches up well with dre...

Texn4life
10-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Yep. Just like I said...he matches up well with dre...

Yeah, we both called that one. Andre doesn't look quite right tonight though for some reason.

Mr. Texan
10-08-2012, 09:12 PM
dre getting shut down :kitten:

TdotTexas2Step
10-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Game's not over, but good call by those who knew Cromartie could keep up with AJ. The last I saw someone cover AJ like that for an entire half was Revis.

Texn4life
10-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Well I was kind of wrong. I thought Dre would be able to get some shorter, intermediate routes against Cro but he's not even getting that. I'd like to see him get some quick hits to him. Slants against Cro generally are effective plays. I'd like to see some of this in the second half.

Wolf
10-08-2012, 09:52 PM
he is doing it tonight.

eriadoc
10-08-2012, 11:31 PM
I've always thought Cromartie was a pretty good corner. I never considered him elite or anything, but definitely a #1 on many teams. That said, I'll go ahead and say what I know a few people are thinking - Andre Johnson is no longer AJ. That hamstring clip last year concerned em when I heard about it, and while I have faith that he's still good enough to be a starting WR, he's no longer going to be one of the best WRs in the game.

dtran04
10-08-2012, 11:33 PM
So the Texans have to know that AJ is slowing down, hence the mixing in of the young guys. The "saving" players is BS b/c they are running Foster like crazy.

Scooter
10-08-2012, 11:41 PM
props to cromartie, but andre looked bad all by himself. lethargic routes, dropping atleast 2 that hit his hands, and just all around not himself. he was even pulled from several 3rd down situations that i saw ... bad day for #80.

Texecutioner
10-08-2012, 11:42 PM
How many times did they actually throw to AJ tonight though? Other than the first few games, It didn't seem like the play calling tried to get the ball to AJ a whole lot. Kubiak is so engrained in wanting to run the ball, kill the clock, and to be respectful to the other team. To me it just seems like our offense has tried to utilize AJ as much.

Goldensilence
10-09-2012, 01:08 AM
Dear Cromartie,

Congrats on limiting AJ, you did your job man, how does that wiiii.... Loss feel?

Signed,

Rest of the Texans team

TheMatrix31
10-09-2012, 01:30 AM
Good for Cromartie. He showed up and Andre didn't.

TheMatrix31
10-09-2012, 01:46 AM
Good for Cromartie. He showed up and Andre didn't.

Bulls on Parade
10-09-2012, 01:48 AM
Cromartie did well covering Andre Johnson but Andre just wasn't himself tonight. He dropped a couple of wide-open first downs. He made one nice first-down catch. Seems like Andre just didn't bring his A-game. Had he, I think he could have burned Cromartie's ass for one or two TDs.

Allstar
10-09-2012, 02:30 AM
From what I saw, Cromartie played excellent. What a very weird game all around.

LondonTex
10-09-2012, 02:51 AM
Yep..I got that one wrong

Premier
10-09-2012, 03:23 AM
cromartie shut dre down... cro made me a believer...

SAMURAITEXAN
10-09-2012, 03:50 AM
Cromartie, you did good in this game with my respect.

Malloy
10-09-2012, 04:59 AM
Props to Cromartie! Fortunately we can still win without AJ carrying us, the true sign of a strong team :)

chicagotexan2
10-09-2012, 06:45 AM
Spermbank won his battle Texans won the war.

ubecool454
10-09-2012, 06:58 AM
We'll see. As he admits in this article (http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/10/jets_antonio_cromartie_prepare.html) he's never covered AJ in his career. I think AJ is going to take him to school.

Also seems their game plan is much like other teams to slow down the running game. This sure seems to me to be a "pick your poison" game. OD, Casey, Graham & Kevin could play huge rolls.

I'm really looking forward to this prime time national exposure game.

Go Texans!

Cromartie did just what he said he was going to do...he was holding and grabbing jersey quite a bit but he did it in a way the officials couldn't catch him. At one point AJ had some words for him but he is a hellava athlete.....doubles as a WR...

Thorn
10-09-2012, 07:36 AM
AJ is not the same this year, so good corners like Cromartie can cover him. However, AJ is still good enough that he will rip apart corners and safties with less talent. AJ might not be the best in the league like he once was, but I'll still take him over 99% of the rest of the recievers in this league.

GlassHalfFull
10-09-2012, 07:47 AM
How many times did they actually throw to AJ tonight though? Other than the first few games, It didn't seem like the play calling tried to get the ball to AJ a whole lot. Kubiak is so engrained in wanting to run the ball, kill the clock, and to be respectful to the other team. To me it just seems like our offense has tried to utilize AJ as much.

How many times did Schaub have to throw the ball away because the receivers were all covered?

The Jets secondary did a great job last night. Schaub had a ton of time to throw at times and just had nobody open.

I think that had more to do with the last drive or two. The only respect Kubiak was showing to the other team, was respecting the job the defense had done and not wanting to risk a turnover.

And Andre did look frustrated last night. They showed him on the sideline late fighting off Cromartie and he just look frustrated.

Texan_Bill
10-09-2012, 07:47 AM
This just in... Cromartie just had 2 more children, both age 3.

steelbtexan
10-09-2012, 07:57 AM
AJ is not the same this year, so good corners like Cromartie can cover him. However, AJ is still good enough that he will rip apart corners and safties with less talent. AJ might not be the best in the league like he once was, but I'll still take him over 99% of the rest of the recievers in this league.

^^^^
This

Doc pointed out to me (Corectly surprise,suprise) that AJ isn't able to make sharp cuts anymore. So all he runs are fly/back shoulder fades and post patterns. Could it be that his hamstring/knee are hurting? Or is AJ taking it easy during the regular season so that he will be ready for the playoffs?

TexansBlood
10-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Aj didn't look good out there, no separation and dropped passes.

Malloy
10-09-2012, 08:45 AM
Aj didn't look good out there, no separation and dropped passes.

Separation, or lack of, surprised me the most. If he cant get that his role is reduced bigtime...

SheTexan
10-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Physically, AJ appeared fine. Maybe he needs to see a sports shrink! Somethings not right with him, and I think it's from the nose up. I refuse to believe he has lost heart, that's just not AJ. He's been through an emotional roller coaster with our team for YEARS, maybe it's taking it's toll!

IDEXAN
10-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Separation, or lack of, surprised me the most. If he cant get that his role is reduced bigtime...
If you saw the Titans game there was a play where he caught the ball over the middle, but all 3 Titans D-backs in pursuit caught up with him - the ole AJ of 5 years ago would have been long gone for the TD. Then there's the dropped passes, which is more difficult to explain, and accept.

drs23
10-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Yep, props to Cromartie. It ain't braggin' if ya can back it up, and he did. Though like others have mentioned, Dre looked bad. I know we say it about 'other receivers' but a few balls hit him in a bad place, his hands. I don't recall ever having seen AJ drop easy balls like that.

A much closer game than I thought it would be but still undefeated.

GP
10-09-2012, 09:01 AM
We had an off game and still won it.

Some guys will go through this like AJ did. Foster didn't look good at all last week. Look what Foster did in the Jets game, though.

We need to keep it real, folks: Not every game is a thing if beauty by all 53 players.

Thorn
10-09-2012, 09:04 AM

Some guys will go through this like AJ did. Foster didn't look good at all last week. Look what Foster did in the Jets game, though.

We need to keep it real, folks: Not every game is a thing if beauty by all 53 players.

GP, we're fans. We panic. It's what we do.

Rey
10-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Dre looked bad because Cromartie was all over him.

Did you guys not see the replays they showed of Cro's coverage on him?

When a corner gets you out of your groove you see things like we saw last night...dropped passes...

Give Cromartie his credit. He probably would have struggled trying to cover keyshawn but he matches up well with Andre...

Texan_Bill
10-09-2012, 09:31 AM

Meh... I'm sticking with this ^^^^^^^^

Dre is and will be fine.

Texn4life
10-09-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't think Andre is 100 percent. It almost seems like he doesn't trust his body in some situations. Just my opinion and what I see, but I think that's whats causing the drops too. He's thinking so much out there and its hurting him in other areas. After being injured a lot the last couple of years I can't blame him, but he just needs to trust that his body will hold up and go out and make plays.

Vinny
10-09-2012, 12:21 PM
I thought Johnson looked slow and lethargic. I'm a little worried about that going fwd.

majestrate
10-11-2012, 06:25 PM
Am I the only one that is under the impression that AJ was just fine? They used AJ as a distraction. They didn't want AJ hitting his 10k mark in an away game. They want him to hit it at home, where the fans can see it in person.

I mean, he's not young and spry anymore, but he could've played much harder than what he did, if he wanted to.

I still think that Cromartie is pretty good though.

TejasTom
10-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Most of the team looked like they stayed up all night drinking Manhattan Martinis.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.