PDA

View Full Version : Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 5 Texans vs Jets Preview

EmDiggy
10-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Texans vs Jets Video Preview (http://youtu.be/SBPYfV-76lQ)

Good morning Texans fans! Good luck this week!

Em

Lucky
10-05-2012, 07:58 AM
Interesting whiteboard talk on defensing the Texans ZBS. We've seen defense this year try to force run to the outside, and I would be surprised if the Jets didn't try to do the same. But....

All anyone will want to talk about is giving check marks at QB to bot the Texans and the Jets. No advantage at QB for the Texans? Really?

Texn4life
10-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Interesting whiteboard talk on defensing the Texans ZBS. We've seen defense this year try to force run to the outside, and I would be surprised if the Jets didn't try to do the same. But....

All anyone will want to talk about is giving check marks at QB to bot the Texans and the Jets. No advantage at QB for the Texans? Really?

Clearly Jets fans think he's on that level too. Oh wait.....

QBs they would take over Sanchez. (http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=74612)

I'm going to keep it nice this week and just say everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

welsh texan
10-05-2012, 08:08 AM
No advantage at QB for the Texans? Really?

Tebow's connection to God versus Schaub's ability to throw a ball in the general direction of his own player. It's a wash.

Pantherstang84
10-05-2012, 08:10 AM

Dirty Sanchez = Matt Schaub? Is that what he is saying? No, I'm not I didn't watch it. I'm not going to give him the web hit.:turtle:

TejasTom
10-05-2012, 09:07 AM

http://everywhereonce.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/morpheus.jpg
“Sooner or later you are going to realize, just as I did, that there is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.”

beerlover
10-05-2012, 09:46 AM
His shout out in the end thanking both Jets & Texans message boards for their support. That was pretty cool :thumbup

Good breakdown on whiteboard. Donnie Jones as key to Texans success by pinning Jets deep, forcing them to drive length of field for scores a little different. Usually reserved for tight, evenly matched teams. The key to me is keeping Schaub clean, Texans improving their running game (yards per carry) & Texans defense forcing more takeaways :turtle:

HOU-TEX
10-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Let me guess...Shonn Green has more talent than Arian Foster?

beerlover
10-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Let me guess...Shonn Green has more talent than Arian Foster?

no he is just saying that for the Jets to have any chance Shonn Green must have a break-out game.

jaayteetx
10-05-2012, 11:03 AM
The QBs being even is a joke. Think the jets fans would be calling for Tebow if Schaub was their starter? Think Tebow would even be on their roster if Schaub was their starter?

EmDiggy
10-05-2012, 11:07 AM
The QBs being even is a joke. Think the jets fans would be calling for Tebow if Schaub was their starter? Think Tebow would even be on their roster if Schaub was their starter?

Its not saying that Sanchez/Tebow are better than Schaub. Keep in mind that Jets have 2 QBs on their roster that have won playoff games just like the Texans do. Both are talented. If you look at the rest of the Offensive roster, you'll see the Jets have this :turtle: and this:vincepalm: at their skill positions. So, the QBs are the least of the problem in NY

HOU-TEX
10-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Its not saying that Sanchez/Tebow are better than Schaub. Keep in mind that Jets have 2 QBs on their roster that have won playoff games just like the Texans do. Both are talented. If you look at the rest of the Offensive roster, you'll see the Jets have this :turtle: and this:vincepalm: at their skill positions. So, the QBs are the least of the problem in NY

Do what?! Sanchez is one of the leagues most inaccurate QBs, no matter who the WRs are. He also makes way too many bone-headed decisions.

I'm not going to bother talking about Tebow

TheIronDuke
10-05-2012, 12:12 PM

Tebow also won a lot of games in college so I can see how he's as good or probably better than Matt Schaub skill-wise. :kitten:

beerlover
10-05-2012, 12:25 PM
week in & week out I find "Football Gameplan's" entertaining to say the least, a positive to our forum because his knack for stirring proverbial pot :stirpot:

Señor Stan
10-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Keep in mind that Jets have 2 QBs on their roster that have won playoff games...

Playoff wins are nothing more than a stat, and stats always lie. ;)

buddyboy
10-05-2012, 12:28 PM

Actually, the Texans only have 1 QB that has won a playoff game.

Jets QBs >>>>>>> Texans QBs

LikeMike
10-05-2012, 12:29 PM
I think most of the people in the NFL and most of the fans would agree, that at this moment, Schaub is way better than either Sanchez or Tebow (or both of them combined). Both Jets QBs might be out of a job in 2 seasons. And I think you really could argue, that the QB play is the biggest problem of the city.

So I think you are one of the very few that thinks that way. But hey, everybody can have their opinions and I actually really enjoy watching your videos.

Texanmike02
10-05-2012, 01:13 PM
What you guys don't see is versatility. He is saying that tebow is more versatile. There is no way schaub can play special teams like the jets qb. Its all about skill set…

Mike

TheIronDuke
10-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Y'all also are forgetting they have Greg McElroy at 3rd string QB who won a national championship with Alabama and had a high Wonderlic score. We don't even have a 3rd QB now that we released Beck. So not only do they have 2 QB's who have NFL playoff expereience they also have championships in college PLUS they have MORE QB's. So it's easy to see that the Jets are at worst even at the QB position and probably better. I'll have to check the Madden ratings to make sure but I'm pretty sure the overall skills will heavily favor the Jets.

SCOTTexans
10-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Y'all also are forgetting they have Greg McElroy at 3rd string QB who won a national championship with Alabama and had a high Wonderlic score. We don't even have a 3rd QB now that we released Beck. So not only do they have 2 QB's who have NFL playoff expereience they also have championships in college PLUS they have MORE QB's. So it's easy to see that the Jets are at worst even at the QB position and probably better. I'll have to check the Madden ratings to make sure but I'm pretty sure the overall skills will heavily favor the Jets.

We are screwed....:facepalm:

TheIronDuke
10-05-2012, 03:08 PM
We are screwed....:facepalm:

Yep, I did some thorough analysis and we are inferior at QB:

TEAM First Name Last Name Overall Speed Awareness Throw Power Deep Accuracy

Texans Matt Schaub 89 62 88 88 78
Jets Mark Sanchez 80 69 74 88 71
Jets Tim Tebow 77 81 78 87 80
Texans T.J. Yates 74 61 67 86 76
Jets Greg McElroy 66 64 57 78 67

Texans John Beck 70 65 74 77 55
Texans Case Keenum 64 70 53 81 59

I included the last 2 names because these guys aren't playing for the Texans so I have to leave them out of my analysis. Going deep inside the numbers:

Overall Texans QB: 163
Overall Jets QB: 223

I don't really feel like running the other numbers because that's all I need to show right there, the Jets QB's have a MUCH higher overall skill score than the Texans. If we had kept Beck I'd give us the nod on QB's but I think Em Diggy was actually being a little hard on the Jets and just called it even between the Jets and Texans even when it's obvious the Jets QB's are overall MUCH better.

Also, for anyone questioning Tebow's accuracy on long passes, I'd like to point out he scored an 80 on deep passing so I look for Tebow to be really stretching the field with his pin-point passing game all day long based on what I'm seeing here. I also just want to point out that I have played the game before (3rd string fullback freshman and sophomore years and sometimes kickoff team) so I know what I'm talking about.

ObsiWan
10-05-2012, 03:22 PM
http://everywhereonce.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/morpheus.jpg
“Sooner or later you are going to realize, just as I did, that there is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.”

Aaaah... a properly employed Matrix reference...

Repped

Dutchrudder
10-05-2012, 04:29 PM
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/themishkin/GIFs/tumblr_m6xgb3anNP1rq8a7p.gif

I think we know where he gets his name, he gets in a hole and just keeps on digging... No wonder this guy is on Youtube.

Corrosion
10-05-2012, 08:05 PM
. I'm not going to give him the web hit.:turtle:

Me either .... and outside of the comic factor ... I dunno why anyone would (well , maybe just to be nice but I aint often accused of that).

wolf123
10-05-2012, 08:37 PM
I give up watching this guys videos... Each week he says something dumber then the last week..:vincepalm:

Sanchez over Matt?? You lose all credibility there. Their secondary is as good as ours? They lost their top 2 CB and we still have ours in Joseph.

I'm surprised he didn't give them the advantage at WR because Stephen Hill has more potential then Andre Johnson:splits:

Speedy
10-05-2012, 11:13 PM
I give up watching this guys videos... Each week he says something dumber then the last week..:vincepalm:

Sanchez over Matt?? You lose all credibility there. Their secondary is as good as ours? They lost their top 2 CB and we still have ours in Joseph.

I'm surprised he didn't give them the advantage at WR because Stephen Hill has more potential then Andre Johnson:splits:

Yeah, I've stopped watching already. And after this, I'll stop clicking on his thread. Matter of fact, think I'm gonna put him on ignore.

SAMURAITEXAN
10-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Em thanks for video.

I disagree with our QB and other positions` evaluation. I couldn't agree on RB position for last couple weeks and now QB and other D positions. Perhaps, Jets' QBs may have potential to be good in their indefinite NFL future. But, when you pick an effectiveness as QB for each team, I pick Matt over those two any day. Matt fits great in our scheme. He is accurate, his play action is so good that sometime fool TV camera guys not to mention opponent's D. He may not have a strongest arm but strong enough to throw long if necessary. I thought Sanchez would grow to be a good NFL QB after seen his rookie yr performance. But since his rookie yr, I don't think he hasn't developed as expected. Tebow is Tebow. He is good Uni QB but a big question mark as NFL QB to me. So yeah, I take Matt over these two any day.

Go Texans!!!

EmDiggy
10-06-2012, 08:52 AM
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/themishkin/GIFs/tumblr_m6xgb3anNP1rq8a7p.gif

I think we know where he gets his name, he gets in a hole and just keeps on digging... No wonder this guy is on Youtube.

Cool part is that I'm on YouTube because I own everything I do.. Make a living as a small business owner. I am in charge of me. Hope you reach the same standard of personal success.

Me either .... and outside of the comic factor ... I dunno why anyone would (well , maybe just to be nice but I aint often accused of that).

You must live a miserable life Corrosion...don't worry, hopefully you can find happiness in the next 44 years. Here's an eFlower for you.

EmDiggy
10-06-2012, 08:54 AM
Em thanks for video.

I disagree with our QB and other positions` evaluation. I couldn't agree on RB position for last couple weeks and now QB and other D positions. Perhaps, Jets' QBs may have potential to be good in their indefinite NFL future. But, when you pick an effectiveness as QB for each team, I pick Matt over those two any day. Matt fits great in our scheme. He is accurate, his play action is so good that sometime fool TV camera guys not to mention opponent's D. He may not have a strongest arm but strong enough to throw long if necessary. I thought Sanchez would grow to be a good NFL QB after seen his rookie yr performance. But since his rookie yr, I don't think he hasn't developed as expected. Tebow is Tebow. He is good Uni QB but a big question mark as NFL QB to me. So yeah, I take Matt over these two any day.

Go Texans!!!

Thanks Samurai! People give both QBs flack but they have the WORST skill positions in the league.. Even Matt Cassell, who's the worst starting QB in the league imho, has better weapons at his disposal. Tough situation to be in if you're a Jets QB

Corrosion
10-06-2012, 09:10 AM
Cool part is that I'm on YouTube because I own everything I do.. Make a living as a small business owner. I am in charge of me. Hope you reach the same standard of personal success.

You must live a miserable life Corrosion...don't worry, hopefully you can find happiness in the next 44 years. Here's an eFlower for you.

Not hardly .... It should almost be almost criminal to live such a happy life.

44 and retired over a decade.

I get to stay home and take care of my kids , make sure they are on the right path in life.

Had the ability to take care of my grandmother for the last 15 years until her recent passing.

Three wonderful kids .... all making straight A's.

A big (o)(o) wife 11 years my junior who supports me in anything and everything .... yes she's crazy.

Dont owe anyone a cent.

Hey man , I hope you can reach the same standard of personal success some day.

2012Champs
10-06-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm starting to wonder if it's part of his plan to say things that intentionally gooses a certain fan base while putting inflated praise on others to cater to the most clicks

Corrosion
10-06-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm starting to wonder if it's part of his plan to say things that intentionally gooses a certain fan base while putting inflated praise on others to cater to the most clicks

You make a good point ....

For me , he wants to be a professional yet isnt professional in his approach - No use of statistical analysis. I cant take that seriously.

If you want to be a professional , you have to do the complete job , not half of it. Anyone can give an opinion , those who take their craft seriously can back up that opinion with more than just a statement of "skillset."

EM ... take thatas constructive criticism not as a dig at you personally. :tiphat:

(You see what I did there ?! :corrosion:)

EVOLVIST
10-06-2012, 01:11 PM
I've known of Diggy for a while now, back on the old Texans' board - back when the highlight of his video was watching him try to turn on a microphone in the trailer to his predictions. Haha! Good times.

But remember ladies and germs, like all of us these are only opinions, except in Diggy's case he puts through the time, the effort, the research and the money to put a homegrown product out there. Why? Because he loves the game. Any other motives he has, like the number of clicks or what-have-you, is secondary to how he started off.

I'm just saying: give the guy a break a little, okay? I don't agree with everything he says; just like I don't agree with a lot of mindless homerism, either. Just take it for what it is. His vids should be fun...and they are.

HJam72
10-06-2012, 01:23 PM

I don't know, 'cuz I heard Shwaubie can play a mean game a golf. :slapfight:

Corrosion
10-06-2012, 01:28 PM
I've known of Diggy for a while now, back on the old Texans' board - back when the highlight of his video was watching him try to turn on a microphone in the trailer to his predictions. Haha! Good times.

But remember ladies and germs, like all of us these are only opinions, except in Diggy's case he puts through the time, the effort, the research and the money to put a homegrown product out there. Why? Because he loves the game. Any other motives he has, like the number of clicks or what-have-you, is secondary to how he started off.

I'm just saying: give the guy a break a little, okay? I don't agree with everything he says; just like I don't agree with a lot of mindless homerism, either. Just take it for what it is. His vids should be fun...and they are.

You were Ok until you added the bold ....

CloakNNNdagger
10-06-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't remember exactly where I read this, but someone was giving the typical "the Jets will win IF" and "the Texans will win IF" breakdown. The former included a whole laundry list. The latter: "If their plane lands."

ObsiWan
10-06-2012, 02:38 PM
I don't remember exactly where I read this, but someone was giving the typical "the Jets will win IF" and "the Texans will win IF" breakdown. The former included a whole laundry list. The latter: "If their plane lands."

That should read, if they show up and play the game.
the plane could land and the bus driver not take them to the stadium... Those Jets fans are reeeeally desperate... they may highjack the bus
:D

Lucky
10-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Again, Emory is not trying to be provocative. I think he believes what he says. And he does research through tape if not statistical analysis. Personally, I think some of both are necessary to see the big picture, but to each his own.

ObsiWan
10-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Again, Emory is not trying to be provocative. I think he believes what he says. And he does research through tape if not statistical analysis. Personally, I think some of both are necessary to see the big picture, but to each his own.

Just because I disagree with some of the assessments doesn't mean I won't check them out. If I did that - let differences in opinion affect me - I'd have to stop coming in here.

Dutchrudder
10-06-2012, 05:35 PM

I read a good amount of football articles, scouting sites, mock draft stuff, and I have never seen anyone with a top 10 QB list rate Sanchez above Schaub. It's nearly universally accepted now that Sanchez might be replaced this year due to his poor play, and nobody is really confident in Tebow enough to say he deserves the starting job. Long term, I expect the Jets to be drafting a first round QB within the next two years and probably after cleaning house. Sanchez is clearly a below average QB in the NFL and has a 72 career QB rating to show for it.

To say that the QB position between these two teams is a push is ludicrous. You might possibly be the only person on the internet (outside of NYC and Gainsville) who seems to think they are evenly matched. We're talking about a 35 point QB rating difference between the starters alone, and you think that's a push. Thanks for the laughs.

Texn4life
10-06-2012, 05:59 PM
I read a good amount of football articles, scouting sites, mock draft stuff, and I have never seen anyone with a top 10 QB list rate Sanchez above Schaub. It's nearly universally accepted now that Sanchez might be replaced this year due to his poor play, and nobody is really confident in Tebow enough to say he deserves the starting job. Long term, I expect the Jets to be drafting a first round QB within the next two years and probably after cleaning house. Sanchez is clearly a below average QB in the NFL and has a 72 career QB rating to show for it.

To say that the QB position between these two teams is a push is ludicrous. You might possibly be the only person on the internet (outside of NYC and Gainsville) who seems to think they are evenly matched. We're talking about a 35 point QB rating difference between the starters alone, and you think that's a push. Thanks for the laughs.

Dutch..... His opinion is the equivalent to Tebow throwing the ball. Terrible! I respect his hustle, but his talent evaluation stinks. I can't sugar coat it any more than that. His reasoning that the Jets Qbs have won playoff games means that they're on the same level may be the single most idiotic thing I've ever seen from anyone. So because Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer won Super Bowls does that mean that they're better than Dan Marino? His logic sucks..... There really isn't any way around saying that.

CloakNNNdagger
10-06-2012, 08:53 PM
OMG, I just realized how really scarey Tebow can be. Preseason, he had a 26.5 QB rating. During the regular season, he has earned a rating that shadows even Schaub.......an amazing 104.2! I didn't realize the kind of force we may be up against if Ryan puts him in. http://www.nfl.com/player/timtebow/497135/gamelogs?season=2012:wadepalm:

DX-TEX
10-06-2012, 10:43 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/swatt.gif

WHy must you make me post this every weeK? WHY??

CloakNNNdagger
10-06-2012, 11:21 PM

Watt deserves a unique Bobble Head,:tiphat: equipped with a Bobble Finger.

Norg
10-07-2012, 03:56 AM
wait we still have Beck on the roster ????

hradhak
10-07-2012, 10:58 PM
You can't blame all of the Jets' offensive problems on Sanchez. As the QB he is going to get blamed. They have no run game, no o line and are now devoid of wide outs.

With that said, never in Sanchez's career has he been an accurate QB. His upside is limited at this point. It's still amazing to see the media slobber all over him though like he's the second coming of Namath.

Corrosion
10-07-2012, 11:14 PM
You can't blame all of the Jets' offensive problems on Sanchez. As the QB he is going to get blamed. They have no run game, no o line and are now devoid of wide outs.

With that said, never in Sanchez's career has he been an accurate QB. His upside is limited at this point. It's still amazing to see the media slobber all over him though like he's the second coming of Namath.

He's a pretty boy .... the media likes to capitalize on that just as much as the league does his football ability.

I went to Kroger earlier today ... and see a lifesize cardboard cut out of the guy .... in Houston ?! WTF.

beerlover
10-07-2012, 11:22 PM
He's a pretty boy .... the media likes to capitalize on that just as much as the league does his football ability.

I went to Kroger earlier today ... and see a lifesize cardboard cut out of the guy .... in Houston ?! WTF.

Your problem is a simple one, you went to Kroger, it's the largest national supermarket chain in the US. A true Texan would shop @ a Texas food chain like HEB, then you wouldn't encounter such rubbish.

Corrosion
10-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Your problem is a simple one, you went to Kroger, it's the largest national supermarket chain in the US. A true Texan would shop @ a Texas food chain like HEB, then you wouldn't encounter such rubbish.

No HEB close .....

ObsiWan
10-07-2012, 11:40 PM

Dang....
Whut 'hood you live in, dawg?

DBCooper
10-08-2012, 12:48 AM
Just because I disagree with some of the assessments doesn't mean I won't check them out. If I did that - let differences in opinion affect me - I'd have to stop coming in here.

Lol, you mean people are allowed to have differences of opinion?

gasp

Dutchrudder
10-08-2012, 12:57 AM

Iirc, Namath was actually a rather poor QB who was really never the reason the Jets won games. He was more of the game manager type, so describing Sanchez as the second coming of Namath isn't all that far off, except he hasn't won a Super Bowl.

Beer and Metal
10-08-2012, 01:09 AM

HEB? **** that. I'm rockin' Food Town.

infantrycak
10-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Iirc, Namath was actually a rather poor QB who was really never the reason the Jets won games. He was more of the game manager type, so describing Sanchez as the second coming of Namath isn't all that far off, except he hasn't won a Super Bowl.

I never understood how Namath got into the Hall. I understand it was a different time yada yada but is there another HoF QB who threw more INT's than TD's much less 50 more INT's? (Bradshaw was +2 - only chance I came up with)

SAMURAITEXAN
10-08-2012, 04:30 AM
I never understood how Namath got into the Hall. I understand it was a different time yada yada but is there another HoF QB who threw more INT's than TD's much less 50 more INT's? (Bradshaw was +2 - only chance I came up with)

Because, it happened in NY a largest market place and got all the media attention needed for Namath to get into HOF. A big apple you know. Shhh (His got a piece of apple for sure)

Carr Bombed
10-08-2012, 07:47 AM

Sanchez over Matt?? You lose all credibility there.

No kidding..

Rex Ryan would cut off his wife's feet if he could have Matt Schaub over Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow. Anybody who thinks that position is a push has no credibility regardless of how much football they may or may not have played.

Carr Bombed
10-08-2012, 07:49 AM

Wait until we play Buffalo and he calls J.J. Watt & Mario Williams a push :rolleyes:

LikeMike
10-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Wait until we play Buffalo and he calls J.J. Watt & Mario Williams a push :rolleyes:

Which would be much more understandable... A least Mario is a starting calibre DE. Sure he isn't worth the big money he s getting and he has injury and motivation problems, but he is a guy that would probably start on just about every NfL team.

Sanchez and Tebow so far are not really starting calibre players - lets say borderline starters, but that's being nice. Schaub is like 2 levels above them.

michaelm
10-08-2012, 10:51 AM

Here's the thing, though. I respect someone putting in the time and effort to put these previews together, but when there is such a transparent effort to pander to both team's fans to drive clicks, the credibility of the source is diminished immensely.
I thought some of the reviews were decent last year, but this year, it is just so blatantly obvious that the writer is pandering to both crowds, and/or trying to hedge his bets about certain things so he can go back later and claim he predicted things correctly that I don't even click the links anymore.

So, his tactic of giving hand jobs to both fan bases has failed in my case.

Once upon a time, I clicked the links, but now I read a few comments on this board from members with opinions that I respect, and see that clicking the links would be a complete waste of my time.

michaelm
10-08-2012, 10:53 AM
Watt deserves a unique Bobble Head,:tiphat: equipped with a Bobble Finger.

That is actually a very good idea. I have never owned a bobble head, but I would pay a few bucks for one of those.