PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Quin might have notched a KO

drs23
10-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Pagnani thinks surgery is inevitable. In that scenario, Locker would be done for the season with a four to six month recovery time.

Seems as though it's happened before and the problem isn't going to go away without surgery, which would be season ending according to nfl.com. (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000068589/article/jake-locker-might-need-shoulder-surgery-doc-says)

SheTexan
10-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Well, not that it matters until Dec, but, I fear Hasselback a heck of a lot more than I did Locker. Might be an upgrade for the meatballs, never know. :)

HJam72
10-02-2012, 11:56 AM
I wish he was not injured. We don't need guys on bad teams in our division looking for QB injury payback.

SheTexan
10-02-2012, 11:58 AM
I wish he was not injured. We don't need guys on bad teams in our division looking for QB injury payback.

He was hurt to start with I think. Second time this year he's had his shoulder dislocated. SO, hopefully, our Texans won't have to take full blame!

HOU-TEX
10-02-2012, 01:39 PM
This is the same type of surgery I had with my 1st left shoulder surgery. Reoccuring dislocation. I think he'll wait until after the season to have the surgery due to the fact it's his non throwing arm. But, there's no doubt in my mind he'll need the surgery done. I was young and dumb and allowed mine to go on for a long time. Heck, my wife used to have to be careful getting out of bed in the morning because my arm would be out of socket. Yes, it got so loose it'd fall out during the night. lol

I finally threw in the towel when it came out while I was playing with my daughter on the swing. By that time the ball atop of my humerous has a huge flat spot ground in it, leaving boatloads of bone fragments. As doc Jean knows, I'm still having work done on my shoulders. I've been told to wait until at least 50 for total shoulder replacements.

So, in the end, it'd be wise if he had it done. lol

CloakNNNdagger
10-02-2012, 10:28 PM
This is the same type of surgery I had with my 1st left shoulder surgery. Reoccuring dislocation. I think he'll wait until after the season to have the surgery due to the fact it's his non throwing arm. But, there's no doubt in my mind he'll need the surgery done. I was young and dumb and allowed mine to go on for a long time. Heck, my wife used to have to be careful getting out of bed in the morning because my arm would be out of socket. Yes, it got so loose it'd fall out during the night. lol

I finally threw in the towel when it came out while I was playing with my daughter on the swing. By that time the ball atop of my humerous has a huge flat spot ground in it, leaving boatloads of bone fragments. As doc Jean knows, I'm still having work done on my shoulders. I've been told to wait until at least 50 for total shoulder replacements.

So, in the end, it'd be wise if he had it done. lol

I wish you weren't personally experienced in so many injuries presented on the MB. I know you've got to feel the same way. But it's appreciated that you are willing to share your experience with others.

CloakNNNdagger
10-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Seems as though it's happened before and the problem isn't going to go away without surgery, which would be season ending according to nfl.com. (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000068589/article/jake-locker-might-need-shoulder-surgery-doc-says)

Funny but while at the game, I told SteelBtexan and his wife, while the announcers were talking about probable hand, wrist or arm fracture, I immediately called out shoulder. When he was walking to the tunnel, the announcers still stated the same while describing how he was holding his hand against his abdomen. But this just confirmed a classic splinting posturing for a shoulder injury. If he lets this injury go and he lands on his shoulder with massive force again, since he will have such poor stabilization, he is risking nerve and/or vascular injury, or even taking a piece of bone with it if he hits just right.

PapaL
10-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Quinn is our Haynesworth! Except he can see his toes and isn't a total dbag.

GP
10-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Funny but while at the game, I told SteelBtexan and his wife, while the announcers were talking about probable hand, wrist or arm fracture, I immediately called out shoulder. When he was walking to the tunnel, the announcers still stated the same while describing how he was holding his hand against his abdomen. But this just confirmed a classic splinting posturing for a shoulder injury. If he lets this injury go and he lands on his shoulder with massive force again, since he will have such poor stabilization, he is risking nerve and/or vascular injury, or even taking a piece of bone with it if he hits just right.

Yes. I was reading his lips, and he said "My shoulder. Shoulder popped out. Shoulder popped out."

It also looked like he was saying "Pop it back in. Pop it back in."

He was in a lot of pain. On TV he looked panic stricken, and I felt sorry for him. I've dislocated a pinkie finger, and the pain is intense and constant, unrelenting until it gets popped back in. It took my mom a half hour to come to school to get me, half hour to get to ortho in Lubbock, and that hour felt like an eternity.

HOU-TEX
10-03-2012, 09:21 AM
I wish you weren't personally experienced in so many injuries presented on the MB. I know you've got to feel the same way. But it's appreciated that you are willing to share your experience with others.

That's for darn sure. Heck, I'm beginning to think people around here might think I'm full of poop after thinkin about my recent stories I've posted lately. I have scars for most all of them, I promise. :)

The Pencil Neck
10-03-2012, 12:35 PM
That's for darn sure. Heck, I'm beginning to think people around here might think I'm full of poop after thinkin about my recent stories I've posted lately. I have scars for most all of them, I promise. :)

Shyeah, right.

jaayteetx
10-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Hate to see that, unlike some of the classless Tack fans, I don't root for injuries.

Corrosion
10-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Well, not that it matters until Dec, but, I fear Hasselback a heck of a lot more than I did Locker. Might be an upgrade for the meatballs, never know. :)

I have to agree , Hasselbeck came in and moved the ball quite well early .... Locker might end up being a solid NFL QB but he looked way overmatched to me.

Playoffs
10-03-2012, 07:33 PM
In that scenario, Locker would be done for the season with a four to six month recovery time.
That's a shame, if true. I'd like to see Locker play/mature into whatever he will become.