PDA

View Full Version : Bears-Cowboys Monday night

Wolf
10-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Tight one so far. Bears just scored to make it 10-0 . Little over 2minutes until the half

Tillman INT of Romo 25 yards to get the TD

TEXANRED
10-01-2012, 09:31 PM
The Cowboy offense is scoring all kinds of points for the Bears.

Ruinondd
10-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Ok now that was funny. Bears get an int inside their 10. Cutler holds it to long and gets stripped, then Romo tries to shovel pass it under pressure and gives up 70 yard pick 6.

TEXANRED
10-01-2012, 09:35 PM
I hate the Cowboys but I am pulling for them to make the Superbowl. How awesome would it be to play them at the Superdome this year and the Texans beat them down in front of the nation?

houstonspartan
10-01-2012, 09:42 PM
I hate the Cowboys but I am pulling for them to make the Superbowl. How awesome would it be to play them at the Superdome this year and the Texans beat them down in front of the nation?

Meh. Cowboys fans are way too arrogant, and the Cowboy circus would totally overwhelm the Super Bowl. No thanks. I'd rather play another team. Plus: it wouldn't be competitive. We would beat the living snot out of them.

TEXANRED
10-01-2012, 09:51 PM
An awful lot of Bears fans at the game. Guess that is the draw back of having a huge stadium that seats a lot of people when you have a small city.

gtexan02
10-01-2012, 10:02 PM
An awful lot of Bears fans at the game. Guess that is the draw back of having a huge stadium that seats a lot of people when you have a small city.

DFW area is one of the largest populations in the country

GP
10-01-2012, 10:04 PM
The Cowboys Fan Rant video dude is going to post a hellfire and brimstone video tonight.

He might explode on camera.

GlassHalfFull
10-01-2012, 10:04 PM

Time to tune up the sarcasm meter? Just my guess.

gtexan02
10-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Time to tune up the sarcasm meter? Just my guess.

Damn, I think you're right

Ruinondd
10-01-2012, 10:08 PM
The Cowboys Fan Rant video dude is going to post a hellfire and brimstone video tonight.

Can't wait. Dez Bryant must be driving him insane right now.

Ruinondd
10-01-2012, 10:12 PM
ouch. Another pick on Romo.

CloakNNNdagger
10-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Romo No Mo!:kubepalm:

TEXANRED
10-01-2012, 10:19 PM

Link

Ruinondd
10-01-2012, 10:20 PM
TD Bears, think that's game over.

Ruinondd
10-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Holy crap. ANOTHER pick on Romo. This is getting sad.

CloakNNNdagger
10-01-2012, 10:24 PM
TD Bears, think that's game over.

No it isn't..........there's still time for another Romo INT.:)

CloakNNNdagger
10-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Brandon Marshal would have been a heck of a compliment to AJ.

CloakNNNdagger
10-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Holy crap. ANOTHER pick on Romo. This is getting sad.

:):kubepalm::wadepalm:

TexanSam
10-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Glad the Cowboys are getting their ass kicked, but Brandon Marshall beat me at fantasy football. BAH!

Ruinondd
10-01-2012, 10:27 PM

Wait, the boys get the ball back. Could we see 6 int's for Romo tonite? roflol

gtexan02
10-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Link

What does that mean? You want me to provide you a link showing populations? Lol ok

Enjoy :D
DFW Population (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DFW+population+rank)

See result #1....

TEXANRED
10-01-2012, 10:48 PM
What does that mean? You want me to provide you a link showing populations? Seriously?

DFW Population (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DFW+population+rank)

See result #1....

So if Dallas is allowed to skew it's population by adding surrounding cities then I guess we should go ahead and add the Woodlands, Galveston, and any other city we want too.

It's Dallas, or it's Fort Worth, it's not both.

TexanSam
10-01-2012, 10:50 PM
So if Dallas is allowed to skew it's population by adding surrounding cities then I guess we should go ahead and add the Woodlands, Galveston, and any other city we want too.

We do
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Houston

gtexan02
10-01-2012, 10:51 PM

DFW is one metro area, thats why its added. DFW is bigger than the Houston Metro Area (if you include all those you mentioned plus others).

Its meaningless anyway. Dallas by itself is the 9th largest city in the US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

TEXANRED
10-01-2012, 10:51 PM
We do
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_Houston

Because Wikipedia makes it true.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0763098.html

TEXANRED
10-01-2012, 10:54 PM
DFW is one metro area, thats why its added. DFW is bigger than the Houston Metro Area (if you include all those you mentioned plus others).

Its meaningless anyway. Dallas by itself is the 9th largest city in the US.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

You can't count the "Metro area." What the hell does that even mean anyway?

Hey let me just say all of west Texas plus Houston is the Houston metro area. That makes us the biggest!:kubepalm:

gtexan02
Because Wikipedia makes it true.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0763098.html

Uh, dude thats exactly the same information thats on wikipedia

gtexan02
You can't count the "Metro area." What the hell does that even mean anyway?

Hey let me just say all of west Texas plus Houston is the Houston metro area. That makes us the biggest!:kubepalm:

Last one. Go ahead and education yourself if you want.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cities_and_metropolitan_areas_of_the_United_States
Most recently on December 1, 2009, the United States Office of Management and Budget (OMB) defined 955 Core Based Statistical Areas (CBSAs)[3] for the United States and Puerto Rico. The OMB defines a Core Based Statistical Area as one or more adjacent counties or county equivalents that have at least one urban core area of at least 10,000 population, plus adjacent territory that has a high degree of social and economic integration with the core as measured by commuting ties.[4] The Core Based Statistical Areas currently defined by the OMB include the 374 Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs),[5] which have an urban core population of at least 50,000, and the 581 Micropolitan Statistical Areas (μSAs),[6] which have an urban core population of at least 10,000 but less than 50,000.

Guess you aren't/weren't being sarcastic. Time to walk away from this one....

Stemp
10-01-2012, 10:55 PM

It's neither. Cowgirls stadium is in Arlington.

TEXANRED
10-01-2012, 10:56 PM
It's neither. Cowgirls stadium is in Arlington.

Oh look at you end the argument.

Guess its the DFW/Arlington metroplex area.

Watch out Oklahoma. Dallas will claim you too.

Khari
10-01-2012, 10:56 PM
:lol:

Stemp
10-01-2012, 10:59 PM

Hey I was backing you up. Arlington is a tiny city yet both cities claim it as part of itself.

The funny thing, many of the longtime residents of the two cities really don't like the other much. My ex-GF's mother was from Ft Worth and she HATED if someone referred to it as "The Metroplex".

TEXANRED
10-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Last one. Go ahead and education yourself if you want.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cities_and_metropolitan_areas_of_the_United_States

Guess you aren't/weren't being sarcastic. Time to walk away from this one....
All I am saying is Dallas trying to count surrounding cities as part of their population is like a guy saying their junk is really 2 inches bigger if you measure how much area their boys take up.

TEXANRED
10-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Hey I was backing you up. Arlington is a tiny city yet both cities claim it as part of itself.

The funny thing, many of the longtime residents of the two cities really don't like the other much. My ex-GF's mother was from Ft Worth and she HATED if someone referred to it as "The Metroplex".

I was agreeing with you.

gtexan02
10-01-2012, 11:03 PM
All I am saying is Dallas trying to count surrounding cities as part of their population is like a guy saying their junk is really 2 inches bigger if you measure how much area their boys take up.

Actually what you said was Dallas has a small population and thats why they can't fill their stadium.

If you just count Dallas, they are 9th largest
If you count DFW, they are 4th largest

This is not Dallas choosing what to count, its the way the census and statistics of these things are counted. Alrington is directly in between D and FW anyway, so its not like it doesn't draw easily from both areas.

Either way, your original idea makes zero sense

TexanSam
10-01-2012, 11:05 PM
So will Jon Gruden still have his man crush on Tony Romo after this game? Is he going to go hug Romo and give him a shoulder to cry on in the locker room?

gtexan02
10-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Back to football:

Is anyone else disappointed Romo got benched? i was hoping he would break the record for most INTs in an NFL game

Stemp
10-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Actually what you said was Dallas has a small population and thats why they can't fill their stadium.

Actually what he REALLY said was

You ASSumed he meant Dallas, but in fact, the stadium is in Arlington, pop 365,438.

Game
Set
Match

:fostering:

gtexan02
10-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Actually what he REALLY said was

You ASSumed he meant Dallas, but in fact, the stadium is in Arlington, pop 365,438.

Game
Set
Match

:fostering:

:facepalm: I know (hope) you're messing with me here. As if size of the literal city of stadium makes any difference. Foxboro has 16k population and is almost an hour away from Boston. They don't have trouble filling it...

TexanSam
10-01-2012, 11:29 PM

I forgot about that guy. Oh man, I can't wait to see what he has to say about this game. What a debacle :D

Beer and Metal
10-01-2012, 11:30 PM
...and Chicago says...

ROMO ARIGATO TONY ON THE BENCH-O!

Stemp
10-01-2012, 11:44 PM
:facepalm: I know (hope) you're messing with me here.

:corrosion:

michaelm
10-02-2012, 12:25 AM
LOL, my wife's cousin just did a mini rant on facebook about how Jerrah Jones has ruined the cowgirls, and how he is looking for a new team.

I responded by offering him a ticket to the Sunday Night Game against Green Bay, in case he wanted to watch a good team for a change.

HoustonFrog
10-02-2012, 07:22 AM
Different day, same crud as a Cowboy fan for me. I wouldn't expect anything less these days. I don't even get mad anymore. I thought maybe an improved secondary would help but overall it isn't any of that. Jerry has made a team with no homefield advantage and with guys who don't have the intangibles needed to win. Their robot...errrr..coach, isn't too great either. Alot of the players are just happy to be there. Instead of more Sean Lees we have more Dez Bryants. Garrett can't gameplan and do anything with the offense. In an age of parity, my Boys decided they might as well just be constantly mediocre. And to think one blown wide open pass would have had them in the playoffs last year and not the Giants. Typical of this team.

GP
10-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Jerry Jones is an owner who has pretty much created his own mess, IMO.

If he would just hire a truly competent "football guy," such as Bill Cowher and then force himself to do nothing at all with the team...THEN the Cowboys might stand a chance.

As it is, however, they are dysfunctional like Al Davis' Raiders were (and still are, seeing as how the residue won't wear off for a long, long time). Both those owners' teams had a little success and then let it get to their heads to the point that they couldn't get out of their own way.

The coaches, the players, the environment...it's all so very mismatched. Forced. Incompatible. And that falls on the shoulders of Jerry Jones. Period. And all he thinks is stuff like "Well, maybe it's time to get a new QB." or maybe he thinks "Well, maybe a better head coach is in order here." No, Jerry, YOU are the problem. The common denominator of all your problems, Jerry, is YOU.

He has an addiction to the acquisition and wielding of power. And he's taking all his organization and its fans down with him. And Cowboys fans are stuck with it. Can't jump ship, or the Cowboys fan is called a fair weather fan. And can't stand to watch because they know the outcome ahead of time. It's perpetual frustration, I'm sure. Can't change the owner, and that's their problem.

IlliniJen
10-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Found on FB:

http://i.imgur.com/yWUqr.png

Hervoyel
10-02-2012, 09:23 AM

To be perfectly honest I'd be fine with that. I think we should go up there in the middle of the night, bulldoze that whole pile of s**t across the Oklahoma border, and just play dumb in the morning claiming it was always over there.

SheTexan
10-02-2012, 09:24 AM
All I know is that I'm still smiling this morning! Watching the "girls" crash on National TV was AWESOME! Watched the game with my Cowboy lovin son-in-law and MAN was it fun watching him cringe!!:) To his credit though, he will pull for the Texans over the Cowboys! Got him converted a few years ago when I refused to give him a ticket to a Texan game unless he wore a Texan jersey! He was hooked! Still loves his Cowboys, but, that's ok, he's got his heart in the right place now, and it belongs to the Texans.

HOU-TEX
10-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Smdh! The only freakin time I pick them to cover a spread and they shat all over the field. I'm not sure wth I was thinking by picking them anyway. I should cup-check myself

BIG TORO
10-02-2012, 09:27 AM
Found on FB:

http://i.imgur.com/yWUqr.png

Lmao! It should be 5 in that box.

chicagotexan2
10-02-2012, 09:54 AM
Tomy Romo - The Immaculate Interception. This was a perfect storm football weekend. Da ra ta ta tah!!! I'm lovin it.

SheTexan
10-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Here ya go! The REAL Tony Romo!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/66540_4305427366998_1447753864_n.jpg

TexanSam
10-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Jerry Jones is an owner who has pretty much created his own mess, IMO.

If he would just hire a truly competent "football guy," such as Bill Cowher and then force himself to do nothing at all with the team...THEN the Cowboys might stand a chance.

As it is, however, they are dysfunctional like Al Davis' Raiders were (and still are, seeing as how the residue won't wear off for a long, long time). Both those owners' teams had a little success and then let it get to their heads to the point that they couldn't get out of their own way.

The coaches, the players, the environment...it's all so very mismatched. Forced. Incompatible. And that falls on the shoulders of Jerry Jones. Period. And all he thinks is stuff like "Well, maybe it's time to get a new QB." or maybe he thinks "Well, maybe a better head coach is in order here." No, Jerry, YOU are the problem. The common denominator of all your problems, Jerry, is YOU.

He has an addiction to the acquisition and wielding of power. And he's taking all his organization and its fans down with him. And Cowboys fans are stuck with it. Can't jump ship, or the Cowboys fan is called a fair weather fan. And can't stand to watch because they know the outcome ahead of time. It's perpetual frustration, I'm sure. Can't change the owner, and that's their problem.

His ego will never allow him to relinquish power. I think as he gets older, and if he continues to make all the decisions, then the Cowboys really will mimic the Raiders franchise from the last decade.

chicagotexan2
10-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Here ya go! The REAL Tony Romo!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/66540_4305427366998_1447753864_n.jpg

This was just bought at the new Victoria Secret inside cowgirl stadium. BTW, does Romo have a 'moose knuckle'?

FirstTexansFan
10-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Lmao! It should be 5 in that box.

Fixed :)

http://www.godblessedtexas.com/images/five.jpeg

Dread-Head
10-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Only if the Cowboys had stolen from the Bears' mother's on their birthdays would they have recieved a worse @$$whipping. If the Cowboys want to win another :trophy: all they need to do is get someone to trade them eight first round draft picks for one mediocre player like they did in the 90s. That can work a second time right?

The Pencil Neck
10-02-2012, 12:45 PM
Only if the Cowboys had stolen from the Bears' mother's on their birthdays would they have recieved a worse @$$whipping. If the Cowboys want to win another :trophy: all they need to do is get someone to trade them eight first round draft picks for one mediocre player like they did in the 90s. That can work a second time right?

Dez Bryant for someone's complete draft? That could work.

The problem is that Jerrah would do the drafting.

infantrycak
10-02-2012, 02:00 PM
Dez Bryant for someone's complete draft? That could work.

The problem is that Jerrah would do the drafting.

What has always been so incredible to me is Jones has no critical analysis at all. He bought the team and very quickly had success behind his wildest dreams with Jimmy Johnson basically in control of everything (as far as I am concerned all 3 90's SB's were JJ's and there would have been 4 if had stayed on). Then Jones starts feeling his oats and meddling. OK I can see a billionaire doing that - kind of natural. But then when it doesn't work for 20 years, freaking learn and go back to what worked.

HOU-TEX
10-02-2012, 02:09 PM
I thought this was quite humerous

Ian Rapoport‏@RapSheet

RT @jonmachota: Sean Payton asked if he'd ever like to be coach of the Dallas Cowboys. His response: "I'd rather answer a bounty question."

The Pencil Neck
10-02-2012, 02:30 PM
What has always been so incredible to me is Jones has no critical analysis at all. He bought the team and very quickly had success behind his wildest dreams with Jimmy Johnson basically in control of everything (as far as I am concerned all 3 90's SB's were JJ's and there would have been 4 if had stayed on). Then Jones starts feeling his oats and meddling. OK I can see a billionaire doing that - kind of natural. But then when it doesn't work for 20 years, freaking learn and go back to what worked.

This is Jerry's team. It's like his own personal Madden team. This is like a game to him, a really fun diversion, an extravagant hobby. I would not be surprised if he actually took over as the head coach at some point. He's been quoted as saying that he thinks he could be a good head coach if he wanted to.

If you've got enough money to do something like that then more power to you. But I've said this in other threads, I almost feel sorry for anyone who's a Cowboy fan because I don't think winning is as important to Jerry as doing it his way. If they do win, it will be in spite of him and I don't think it will last long.

He's like Al Davis with less actual real football experience.

The Pencil Neck
10-02-2012, 02:31 PM
I thought this was quite humerous

lol

Is that real or is that like an Onion report sort of thing?

toronto
10-02-2012, 02:35 PM
lol

LOL

Am having fun with this thanks to another board...

So, other than that, how was the game Cowboy fans?

Can translate well

Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

Other than that, how was the parade Mrs. Kennedy?

And so on...

HOU-TEX
10-02-2012, 02:46 PM
lol

Yes, it's real. Here are the follow up Tweets

Jon Machota‏@jonmachota

Sean Payton: My time with Cowboys was like "law school." As a coach, I felt I still had more to learn. "I felt like I got that coming here."

Jon Machota‏@jonmachota

Saints coach Sean Payton: "Right now my focus is on staying with New Orleans and really getting back on the sidelines."

paycheck71
10-02-2012, 04:39 PM

He did hire Parcells, but it took what, like three 5-11 seasons for him to do that? And things started improving immediately. Then he couldn't help himself anymore again, had to insist on bringing TO in, other meddling, which pretty much ran Parcells out of town. I wonder how many losing seasons it will take this time.

ThaJokaa
10-02-2012, 05:54 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2w1sj2o.jpg

houstonspartan
10-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Jimmy Johnson built the Cowboys dynasty, which, was good for Jerry. Problem is, Jimmy Johnson got ALL of the credit. (deservedly so, IMO). That drove Jerry crazy. Now, Jerry is on a 20-year quest to show the world that HE is a smart football man.

It's sad, really.

StarStruck
10-02-2012, 10:44 PM
This is my reported experience.

And, for the good news! Tailgate on the plaza was awesome. There were lots of nice giveaways or easy to win prizes such as Cowboys sunglasses, string back packs, koozies, offense/defense scrolls, nice bags. The drumlines, power dancers performance, fans dance contests, at least 50 percent discounts on food and beverages. At the end of the tailgate it was funny seeing the guy roll the banner changing the prices of the $4 hamburgers to $8.50, the $3 12 oz beer to $8.50 for 16 oz, $3 hotdogs to $5.50, water from $2 to $4. The temporary tats made the on plaza tailgating fun, however it would have been better if the fan who insisted on taking a picture with us after getting the tats would have had more teeth. Endzones and roof were open and provided a great atosphere. The Bears were well represented, mingled well and fun to talk to. I saw a fan wearing a Bears cap and the Texans lanyard. I had planned to greet him, but got distracted and when I looked around again, he had disappeared into the crowd. In fact, my cousin who grew up in Chicago, but a huge Cowboys fan met two of here high school classmates that she had not seen since then who were in town for the game, indeed, they travel well. Very nice halftime show dedicated to breast cancer survivors. We didn't attend the after cough cough party, which would have been therapy among fellow fans because we decided to leave for Palestine after the game rather than staying over until morning.

The bad! No sales at the pro-shop (reminder pencil in the week of December 11th ish), new Victoria Pink too small, too crowded, and too overpriced, and most of the items were already in the pro shop and the lottery ticket machine was out of order. The Cowboys left the stadium with their heads down and didn't do autographs or communicate with any fans, but I understand. Their exit is a short stairway down from when I sit.

The ugly! Five interceptions. I can accept two, one the pass to Ogletree that bounced up and into the hands of the defender, and the second when Romo was hit from the blind side and lost the ball. The rest was just painfully bad. At 10-7, there was hope, at 14-7 there was hope, then it only continued to get worse. Why was Rob Ryan the coach throwing the red flag on the tipped pass? Did Cutler complete all of his third down passes? OMG the turnover after just recovering a fumble or was it an interception, it was so bad, I don't recall. The mercy touchdown. This was the type of game, you can't offer excuses, just take all the criticism, taunting, whatever, it was an ugly mess before the whole world.

Oh well, it is what it is and for the season, I'm in a show me mode, but will be back and in my seat October 28.