PDA

View Full Version : What Jets Fans Saying About The Upcoming Game (I Agree With Them)

DexmanC
10-01-2012, 02:11 PM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=74525

It's already at 5 pages. Man, it's good to be a Texans' fan.

Here's my favorite line from the thread:

I expected a s**t show against the 9ers, and it happened. I'm expecting a diarrhea-show against the Texans.

CretorFrigg
10-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Wow, how far have we come?

Man, I still remember that 2 win season...

mokalus
10-01-2012, 02:19 PM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=74525

It's already at 5 pages. Man, it's good to be a Texans' fan.

Here's my favorite line from the thread:

I usually don't understand why people like to check out other team's forums, but in this case, I thank you for the link.

Playoffs
10-01-2012, 02:25 PM
We're about to get sanchized...you guys act like we will just lay down against the Texans. They've only won 4 games against an easy schedule. We beat them the last couple of times we played them remember?

It's not like the Texans will use the wildcat, which was a problem today.

We always play better with our backs against the wall, and the media hating on us.

Every week an heavy underdog beats the favorite in this league, next week it could be us. It's not like Sanchez had bad games before, this guy led us to 2 Championship games.

He will beat the texans, he always does

GP
10-01-2012, 02:31 PM
you guys act like we will just lay down against the Texans. They've only won 4 games against an easy schedule. We beat them the last couple of times we played them remember?

It's not like the Texans will use the wildcat, which was a problem today.

We always play better with our backs against the wall, and the media hating on us.

Every week an heavy underdog beats the favorite in this league, next week it could be us. It's not like Sanchez had bad games before, this guy led us to 2 Championship games.

He will beat the texans, he always does

http://www.obsessedwithsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/tim-tebow-crying.jpg

http://3432-philly.voxcdn.com/files/2012/08/dick-vermeil-cry.jpg

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/assets_c/2009/05/mark-sanchez-gq-thumb-480x480-7399.jpg

Hervoyel
10-01-2012, 02:31 PM
I don't think this game is anywhere near the gimmie that a lot of people (These Jets fans for instance) think it will be. Teams that take this much abuse from their fans and the media during the week tend to get their backs up and play hard. The Jets are getting roasted by just about everyone with an opinion on them and they were humiliated Sunday. They're going to play hard and if the Texans buy into all this Jets bashing and Texans hype they could lose that game.

TexansFanatic
10-01-2012, 02:33 PM
i don't think this game is anywhere near the gimmie that a lot of people (these jets fans for instance) think it will be. Teams that take this much abuse from their fans and the media during the week tend to get their backs up and play hard. The jets are getting roasted by just about everyone with an opinion on them and they were humiliated sunday. They're going to play hard and if the texans buy into all this jets bashing and texans hype they could lose that game.

bingo!

Bulls on Parade
10-01-2012, 02:39 PM
No Darrelle Revis and Santonio Holmes doesn't hurt the Texans chances to win this game. But I'm not feeling overly confident just because I don't want to overlook the Jets.

The Pencil Neck
10-01-2012, 02:41 PM
I don't think this game is anywhere near the gimmie that a lot of people (These Jets fans for instance) think it will be. Teams that take this much abuse from their fans and the media during the week tend to get their backs up and play hard. The Jets are getting roasted by just about everyone with an opinion on them and they were humiliated Sunday. They're going to play hard and if the Texans buy into all this Jets bashing and Texans hype they could lose that game.

This is my fear. They got trashed by the Steelers, they barely pulled one out against the Dolphins, then then got SMASHED by the Niners.

We're going into their house and they're like an injured honey badger.

This could be a war.

I don't see how we don't crush them, though.

DexmanC
10-01-2012, 02:44 PM

What I see from this year's Texans is showing me they are dead serious
about the "1-0 every week mantra" they've been using, especially
since they went 7-0 during a stretch last year.

I thought they'd have dropped their guard a little against the Titans, but
they have not come out flat as a team since maybe early last season.
That shows me the coaching on this team, across the board, is top notch.
I'm definitely not used to seeing this from a Houston NFL team, but
that's what we've got here.

As a Texans fan, I can tell the Jets are gonna get smashed in THEIR OWN
house, on national TV. It will be such a great game to watch.

Yankee_In_TX
10-01-2012, 02:44 PM
No Darrelle Revis and Santonio Holmes doesn't hurt the Texans chances to win this game. But I'm not feeling overly confident just because I don't want to overlook the Jets.

Jets + Tebow = me being worried, and I hate that that makes sense....

(and I mean Jets as one worry and Tebow as another worry)

Double Barrel
10-01-2012, 02:46 PM
Any given Sunday (or Monday).

That being said, I fully expect the Texans to dominate the Jets on MNF.

Vinny
10-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Jets running game...not good
Jets passing game...not good
Jets defense without Revis...not good

49ers vs Jets...34-0....not good

Texans stomp Jets on MNF

b0ng
10-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Going by statistics and standings this should be another dominating victory for the Texans, dear god that Jets defense really fell off a cliff when Jenkins was done. They have a couple of really young good DE's (Wilkerson, Coples) but their offense has been absolutely putrid.

Premier
10-01-2012, 03:05 PM
i doubt we shut them out or win by 34+

typical texans victory, something like 27-7

Perki-Perk
10-01-2012, 03:14 PM
i doubt we shut them out or win by 34+

typical texans victory, something like 27-7

LOL, yeah, I love their fans college football-esque blowout predictions. Are we capable? Yes. Will Kubes hit the brakes after we go up by 3 scores? Yes. It seems we are good to give up a touchdown a week, so I'm going with 24-7. If our head coach was Bellichek.... 62-31.

Dutchrudder
10-01-2012, 03:19 PM
Well it's a good thing the Jets have the Messiah on their roster, because they are going to need an act of God to come close to winning this game.

The Jets are allowing 27 points a game on average, and are second worst in the league by allowing 172 rushing ypg. Their pass defense is much better ranked 4th with only 197 ypg, but I'm sure much of that was achieved while Revis was still playing. I think their pass defense is not nearly as good now with him out of the picture. The Jets defense is a shell of its former self from a few years and AFCC games ago. I would not worry about the Texans offense in this game, but rather how well our run defense will stop their attack. That seems to be the only weakness they will be able to exploit. However, it's tough to come back from being down when your most effective plays are running.

Sanchez is going to be torn up by the Texans defense. I know he had a good game against Buffalo (who pretty much sucks at defense), but he's simply not worth the money he is making. He's a terrible QB who is consistently inaccurate on his mid-range and long throws. If he has to hit a receiver in motion going across the field, you know half the time it will be thrown behind or well in front. His timing is awful, his vision is poor, the only things he does well consistently are short slants and checkdowns. He's a career mid 70's QB rating type of guy, who probably couldn't beat out Yates if he was on our roster. Sanchez needs to be replaced, but I doubt the Jets will do that any time soon. I won't be surprised to see the Jets tank the rest of the season to get the next USC over-hyped wonder kid Matt Barkley.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
10-01-2012, 03:25 PM
. He's a terrible QB who is consistently inaccurate on his mid-range and long throws.

Apparently you have not seen the commercial where Sanchez throws the ball clear out of Reliant stadium with an open roof and hits a farmer or someone in the midwest square in the chest. Quite impressive I say.

Thorn
10-01-2012, 03:37 PM
From the Jets board:

This is all I'll say about the upcoming texas game.

Jets=ragdolll
Texans=excitable doberman pup....

The question isn't who will win, it's whether they can find all the pieces of the Jets afterward...

When did Jets fans start trolling themselves?

Perki-Perk
10-01-2012, 03:40 PM
From the Jets board:

It's the yankee way. When they meltdown, it's "Nuke-ulur". LOL

SheTexan
10-01-2012, 03:41 PM
From the Jets board:

Now, that was funny!

I don't think we will run away with this game, but, I do anticipate a win. My stomach flutters when I think about how poorly we do on National TV though! But, I have a feeling Jets fans might boo their own team more than they will the Texans. Esp if/when Sanchez starts screwing up!

pirbroke
10-01-2012, 03:44 PM
I think the Texans whip Sanchez so bad they have no choice but to start Tebow for 2nd half just to keep the fans from going nuts. I want to hear coach Footfan pleading for his job after the game. I say 44 to 0 with less than 100 yards total offense should do it :-)

TdotTexas2Step
10-01-2012, 04:25 PM
I agree with those saying this will be a war.

National primetime game, on their turf, reeling from an embarrassing loss with a chance to prove themselves by defeating the undefeated Texans?

I have confidence in our guys, but we'll have to fight and earn this one.

Texas T
10-01-2012, 04:27 PM

I DON'T think this will be an "easy" game.
I DO BELIEVE that the Texans will leave at 5-0 and that will be sweet.

hot pickle
10-01-2012, 04:34 PM

i remember it like it was yesterday as well... went to my first texans game during that year. thank god we won.... but damn does it feel good to be a gangsta now hahahaha

jred76
10-01-2012, 04:45 PM
i remember it like it was yesterday as well... went to my first texans game during that year. thank god we won.... but damn does it feel good to be a gangsta now hahahaha

Me too. My first one was the Ryan Fitzpatrick game vs the Rams... What a kick in the stomach that one was...

TejasTom
10-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Along the same lines, reading the Jet's board. I haven't felt that level of despair since Capers was here.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

TheIronDuke
10-01-2012, 04:50 PM
I will wait until Em Diggy's analysis on each team's player skill sets before I go off predicting a W here. Won't know until he tells me which team's RB's have the best skills.

drs23
10-01-2012, 04:54 PM
I will wait until Em Diggy's analysis on each team's player skill sets before I go off predicting a W here. Won't know until he tells me which team's RB's have the best skills.

They've got Grimes now so it'll surely be a push. :kitten:

infantrycak
10-01-2012, 05:21 PM

I saw Around the Horn today and cracked up. One of the topics was which 4-0 team is luckiest to still be 4-0. They only discussed Arizona and Atlanta and then the host says something to the effect of "we didn't bother talking about Houston since they are killing everyone."

We went from no coverage for being bad to no coverage for being good.

CloakNNNdagger
10-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Our D will get to Sanchez. He's fumbled once in each of the last 2 games and has been sacked 6 times, 3 in the last game. He's not exactly a tricky runner with 1 run for 4 yds. In fact, besides being a statue, he's got a terrible pocket presence. Let me clarify that........no pocket presence. He's had 5 TDs with 4 INTs, with 3 INTs coming in the last 2 games. He's only completed~40% of all of his passes.

And if Tebow comes in, let him do his typical lock in on one pass route while doing his best imitation of someone having any ability to read a defense. If he fails to find anyone to throw to within 20 yds of where he thinks they should have read his mind and been, his passes will be met by an unfamiliar set of faces. Finally, let's just say that Tebow will show us that he can indeed hit the broad side of the barn, where is he going to find one of those at MetLife Stadium?:wadepalm::kubepalm:

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/524712_10150609940901006_7331091005_9411677_363244 452_n.jpg

Rey
10-01-2012, 05:36 PM
This is my fear. They got trashed by the Steelers, they barely pulled one out against the Dolphins, then then got SMASHED by the Niners.

This could be a war.

Or the jets could just be a poor team. No revis, no santonio. Sanchize playing like crap.

Being upset about something doesn't make you good if you don't have the ability. This isn't the patriots or ravens coming off of an embarrassing loss...it's the jets. The jets are like a pissed off 5 year old...yeah they could nut shot you and put you down for a second, but it's a whole lot more likely that you'll just pick them up and throw them somewhere. Being mad doesn't give you ability or talent.

If every bad team that got mad and decided to play hard the following week we wouldnt have the 0-16 lions or 2-14 texans or the whole host if other bad teams.

It's just as likely that the pissed of jets keep losing and end up one of the worse teams in the league this year as it is that they have a come to Tebow moment and find their inner tiger.

The Pencil Neck
10-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Or the jets could just be a poor team. No revis, no santonio. Sanchize playing like crap.

Being upset about something doesn't make you good if you don't have the ability. This isn't the patriots or ravens coming off of an embarrassing loss...it's the jets. The jets are like a pissed off 5 year old...yeah they could but shot you and put you down for a second, but it's a whole lot more likely that you'll just pick them up and throw them somewhere. Being mad doesn't give you ability or talent.

If every bad team that got mad and decided to play hard the following week we wouldnt have the 0-16 lions or 2-14 texans or the whole host if other bad teams.

It's just as likely that the pissed of jets keep losing and end up one of the worse teams in the league this year as it is that they have a come to Tebow moment and find their inner tiger.

That's why I said, "I don't see how we don't crush them, though."

srrono
10-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny

Credit John Clayton: #Texans have won last 8 gms started by Matt Schaub by combined 160 points. If they stay healthy, no one beats them.

michaelm
10-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Mike Greenberg ‏@Espngreeny

Credit John Clayton: #Texans have won last 8 gms started by Matt Schaub by combined 160 points. If they stay healthy, no one beats them.

I usually don't put too much stock in what the talking heads say, but that gave me the chills.

DX-TEX
10-01-2012, 06:12 PM
The Mike Greenberg kiss of death.

6-10 here we come!!!:kubepalm:

Premier
10-01-2012, 06:12 PM
still work to do. last 8 games schaub has won..

titans, browns, jags, bucs, dolphins, jags, broncos, titans..

a schaub led team needs to go out and beat the ravens and packers then go on the road and beat the bears.... i believe he can, im just not ready to believe this "no one beats them" talk...

thunderkyss
10-01-2012, 06:14 PM

We're also 4-0 & don't know how long we'll keep this win streak going.

However, I'll say this. Last time we played the NFC East..... I think it was 2010, Dallas & the Giants came to Houston about ready to throw in the towel. They left looking like the best team in the league.

I've finally come to grips that our division sucks, so I don't think there is any such thing as a "must win" or anything like it coming up. But the next game against the Jets is going to tell us a lot.

They're on the road, so it's not like they'll have to win it for the fans. The divisions almost wrapped up, so they don't need to win for any kind of lead. They'll be on Monday night, so all they've really got to play for is their own pride.

Same 'ol Texans??

We'll see.

Premier
10-01-2012, 06:14 PM
The Mike Greenberg kiss of death.

6-10 here we come!!!:kubepalm:

he actually predicted the texans to win the super bowl before the season started..

maybe 2 wrongs make a right..

silentassassin
10-01-2012, 06:18 PM
I saw Around the Horn today and cracked up. One of the topics was which 4-0 team is luckiest to still be 4-0. They only discussed Arizona and Atlanta and then the host says something to the effect of "we didn't bother talking about Houston since they are killing everyone."

We went from no coverage for being bad to no coverage for being good.

LMAO. Some things never change I guess.

I found myself complaining a lot about respect/coverage; but I've since discovered that winning is satisfying enough, and that I'm done giving a rat's ass about fishing for praise in the media.

thunderkyss
10-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Well it's a good thing the Jets have the Messiah on their roster, because they are going to need an act of God to come close to winning this game.

Sanchez is going to be torn up by the Texans defense.

This is my biggest fear. Them boys from Kirby are going to put a hurt'n on Sanchez... he'll be taken out of the game then T-Bow is going to win the game for them.

:wadepalm: <---Wade can't believe I just said that.

Thorn
10-01-2012, 07:20 PM
blah blah blah hype hype hype

Just get us to the Super Bowl and win it. I don't care how or what our ratings look like or what our season record is. I just want the trophy.

No cake. Just icing.

majestrate
10-01-2012, 07:29 PM

Being upset about something doesn't make you good if you don't have the ability. This isn't the patriots or ravens coming off of an embarrassing loss...it's the jets. The jets are like a pissed off 5 year old...yeah they could nut shot you and put you down for a second, but it's a whole lot more likely that you'll just pick them up and throw them somewhere. Being mad doesn't give you ability or talent.

They are still pro-athletes. And sometimes all it does take is the right set of circumstances, with the right inspiration. I'm hoping Week 5 isn't the right circumstance, and that Week 4 isn't the right inspiration.

Hopefully we can beat the living hell out of them and give them the inspiration to put themselves back together, if it's going to happen at all this season.

thunderkyss
10-01-2012, 08:34 PM
still work to do. last 8 games schaub has won..

titans, browns, jags, bucs, dolphins, jags, broncos, titans..

a schaub led team needs to go out and beat the ravens and packers then go on the road and beat the bears.... i believe he can, im just not ready to believe this "no one beats them" talk...

I understand the apprehension. Schaub beat a bunch of bad teams.... so what.

But we didn't just beat a bunch of bad teams, we whup'd that azzzz.... we were averaging over 27 points over that period, most of the wins were by huge margins.

You can't chose your opponents, but you can embarass the bad teams that unluckily gets on your schedule.

No, that doesn't mean that we'll blow out the Ravens or the Pats, those are good teams (suspect defenses), but you should expect to be able to put points on the board & control the clock.

Then you throw in Jj Watt's performance over the last 10 games or so & "no one beats them"

GP
10-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Why does it feel like one of the posters in this thread is going by a new screen name? Hmmmm.....

Carr Bombed
10-01-2012, 09:32 PM
We're also 4-0 & don't know how long we'll keep this win streak going.

However, I'll say this. Last time we played the NFC East..... I think it was 2010, Dallas & the Giants came to Houston about ready to throw in the towel. They left looking like the best team in the league.

I've finally come to grips that our division sucks, so I don't think there is any such thing as a "must win" or anything like it coming up. But the next game against the Jets is going to tell us a lot.

They're on the road, so it's not like they'll have to win it for the fans. The divisions almost wrapped up, so they don't need to win for any kind of lead. They'll be on Monday night, so all they've really got to play for is their own pride.

Same 'ol Texans??

We'll see.

??? Teams don't play for their fans, they play for their teammates, coaches, and themselves.. I doubt in the big scheme of things they really give a flip what fans think.

It's also just week 5 and this is a conference opponent, which means it involves tie breaker implications. Until we have home field advantage wrapped up there is PLENTY to play for. The entire goal that was set in the offseason was to make Baltimore (and anyone else) come to our house. The season isn't over and they aren't taking their foot off the gas anytime soon.

Lol at people who are scared of the Jets stepping up because they are embarrased or because the media or fans are hounding them.. all of that has been going on for well over a year now and they still haven't stood up.. because they suck and don't have talent. It's like expecting the 2005 texans to rise up, it ain't going to happen. Houston is going to NY to pillage their city and take their woman.. hide your kids, hide your wife, they'll be raping everyone out there.. :)

TEXANRED
10-01-2012, 09:41 PM
??? Teams don't play for their fans, they play for their teammates, coaches, and themselves.. I doubt in the big scheme of things they really give a flip what fans think.

It's also just week 5 and this is a conference opponent, which means it involves tie breaker implications. Until we have home field advantage wrapped up there is PLENTY to play for. The entire goal that was set in the offseason was to make Baltimore (and anyone else) come to our house. The season isn't over and they aren't taking their foot off the break anytime soon.

Lol at people who are scared of the Jets stepping up because they are embarrased or because the media or fans are hounding them.. all of that has been going on for well over a year now and they still haven't stood up.. because they suck and don't have talent. It's like expecting the 2005 texans to rise up, it ain't going to happen. Houston is going to NY and pillage their city and take their woman.. hide your kids, hide your wife, they'll be raping everyone out there..

I agree 100%. This is a huge game b/c it's an AFC game and realistically we are competing with the Patriots for home field in the playoffs. This is a big game in terms of tie breakers.

DexmanC
10-01-2012, 09:53 PM

It's also just week 5 and this is a conference opponent, which means it involves tie breaker implications. Until we have home field advantage wrapped up there is PLENTY to play for. The entire goal that was set in the offseason was to make Baltimore (and anyone else) come to our house. The season isn't over and they aren't taking their foot off the break anytime soon.

Lol at people who are scared of the Jets stepping up because they are embarrased or because the media or fans are hounding them.. all of that has been going on for well over a year now and they still haven't stood up.. because they suck and don't have talent. It's like expecting the 2005 texans to rise up, it ain't going to happen. Houston is going to NY to pillage their city and take their woman.. hide your kids, hide your wife, they'll be raping everyone out there..

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll36/Bigsteve87/Gifs/hide.gif

Sho' ya RIGHT!!

LMAO!!

Rep!

Fred
10-01-2012, 10:01 PM
I agree 100%. This is a huge game b/c it's an AFC game and realistically we are competing with the Patriots for home field in the playoffs. This is a big game in terms of tie breakers.

No. Our tiebreaker with the Patriots will be our game against the ... Patriots. Jets game has zero tiebreaker effect for the Texans against Patriots, Bills, Dolphins, Broncos, or Ravens. The Jets are helpful as a tiebreaker against other AFC teams, especially Steelers and Chargers (common opponent).

Specnatz
10-01-2012, 10:03 PM
I liked this one. He is very optimistic

24-10 Texans if we can stop the run. If we can't, 42-3.

DBCooper
10-02-2012, 12:01 AM
blah blah blah hype hype hype

Just get us to the Super Bowl and win it. I don't care how or what our ratings look like or what our season record is. I just want the trophy.

No cake. Just icing.

No no no, you got it backwards......... All cake, no icing.

kiwitexansfan
10-02-2012, 12:37 AM
I usually don't understand why people like to check out other team's forums, but in this case, I thank you for the link.

Because you get tired of hearing the same old crap from the same old people here.

JamesBill
10-02-2012, 01:50 AM
the Jets have crap players, they can be motivated like JJ watt and will still suck

JamesBill
10-02-2012, 01:57 AM
No. Our tiebreaker with the Patriots will be our game against the ... Patriots. Jets game has zero tiebreaker effect for the Texans against Patriots, Bills, Dolphins, Broncos, or Ravens. The Jets are helpful as a tiebreaker against other AFC teams, especially Steelers and Chargers (common opponent).

conference record is ahead of common games when seeding teams with the same record.

In a three way tie, say Ravens Pats Texans, it is seeded according to conference record unless there a sweep in head-2-head.

So AFC record is VERY important.

Texn4life
10-02-2012, 02:02 AM
conference record is ahead of common games when seeding teams with the same record.

Yeah, and head to head is above all of those. I'm hoping we can stay unbeaten heading into our Bye week. It'll be tough, but if we do that then I think a 15-1 or 14-2 record would be very reachable.

infantrycak
10-02-2012, 02:24 AM
Here are the tie breaker rules. (http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures)

JamesBill
10-02-2012, 02:25 AM
Yeah, and head to head is above all of those. I'm hoping we can stay unbeaten heading into our Bye week. It'll be tough, but if we do that then I think a 15-1 or 14-2 record would be very reachable.

In a 3 way tie head to head gets tossed unless a team sweeps or is swept. Very possible scenario.

Texn4life
10-02-2012, 02:28 AM
In a 3 way tie head to head gets tossed unless a team sweeps or is swept. Very possible scenario.

I understand that, but he didn't mention anything about a 3 way tie. Way too early to think about that kind of stuff anyway. We just need to handle our business and stay healthy.

Malloy
10-02-2012, 03:33 AM
From the Jets board:

My favorite :)

Carr Bombed
10-02-2012, 03:48 AM
My favorite :)

:) I about fell out of my chair when I read the post that said "and Tebow leaves due to injury.. splinters to the ass". At least they have a sense of humor.

Texn4life
10-02-2012, 03:51 AM
:) I about fell out of my chair when I read the post that said "and Tebow leaves due to injury.. splinters to the ass". At least they have a sense of humor.

I really like the Jets fans. They are a realistic bunch and don't hold back their displeasure when things are going bad. For the most part they respect their opponents as well. Good fan base considering all of the down times they've had.

BlueSteel
10-02-2012, 03:55 AM
Apparently you have not seen the commercial where Sanchez throws the ball clear out of Reliant stadium with an open roof and hits a farmer or someone in the midwest square in the chest. Quite impressive I say.

Unfortunately he was trying to throw a fade route to one of his WRs and missed slightly. ;)

BlueSteel
10-02-2012, 03:59 AM
I really like the Jets fans. They are a realistic bunch and don't hold back their displeasure when things are going bad. For the most part they respect their opponents as well. Good fan base considering all of the down times they've had.

I don't know. All the Jets fans I have seen are arrogant jerks. I still remember groups of jets fans taunting Texans fans in our seats and on the way out of the stadium when they beat us on opening day.

I guess classless would be a better word.

TackHammer
10-02-2012, 06:48 AM
Because you get tired of hearing the same old crap from the same old people here.

Yep! I love going to the opponents board and seeing how they view the Texans.
This year in particular........because it's mainly fear and trepidation instead of joy and the thoughts of an easy win.

I'm not gonna lie. I love to see our opponents fans shaking in their boots for a change.

thunderkyss
10-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Why does it feel like one of the posters in this thread is going by a new screen name? Hmmmm.....

I think I explained it a while back.

infantrycak
10-02-2012, 07:08 AM
OK, you have to appreciate the humor of some of the Jets fans at TheGangGreen.com:

By CHRIS DUNCAN
AP Sports Writer

In a move that most NFL analysts are calling "highly unusual", the Houston Texans announced today that they are seriously considering resting their starters when they face the NY Jets Monday night at Met Life stadium.

“I’m really proud of our team and how they’ve been playing. I watched the game tape from the the 49er's ass whooping of the Jets, and I really don't see the need to put our best players on the field Monday night." Texans coach Gary Kubiak said at the teams Monday press conference.

He may have a point. Why risk injury to the starters this early in the season?

"I heard that Rex Ryan gave his players a few days off, so I figured if they deserve some days off, my guys deserve the week off at least."

It's not like the starting squad is not going to travel to New York with the team. They'll be dressed and waiting on the sideline, Kubiak assured reporters. "We might need them to step in...you know, if something flukey happens and the Jets get a field goal or two."

Asked if his team is spending any time at practice defending the Jets wildcat package, Coach Kubiak responded with a hardy laugh. "Yeah, we're going to squeeze it in after our mandatory team yoga session".

"As it stands now, I'm trying to arrange an earlier charter flight so the team can enjoy a little bit of that New York City night life."

Questioned further, the coach had this to say. "Listen, if I didn't think T.J. (Yates) could handle this, he wouldn't be backing up Matt. Actually, I'm kind of hoping that we can get a good look at Beck (Texans third string QB) sometime in the second half".

Matt Schaub, caught boarding a plane to Disney World for a few days, had this to say. "The guys are really looking forward to this trip. If they don't get enough rest this week, they can always take a nap during the game. It should be nice and quiet at the stadium."

"Frankly, with the way NY Jets players looked yesterday, I'd be surprised if any of them show up Monday night."

TejasTom
10-02-2012, 07:19 AM
OK, you have to appreciate the humor of some of the Jets fans at TheGangGreen.com:

That's hilarious. I like this one too.

Sub out mangold and Kerley and just toss a grenade in the huddle.

Rey
10-02-2012, 07:24 AM
That's funny as ****.

I visit the opponents board(s) every week and the jets are by far the funniest. I cracked up so hard reading through their threads.

Texn4life
10-02-2012, 07:32 AM

That's good stuff. Those guys have been through a lot as a franchise so I can easily identify with them. They may have a few bad apples, but overall I think its a good fan base.

GP
10-02-2012, 08:27 AM
I think I explained it a while back.

I don't catch every single post. Neither do you.

Lighten up, Francis Fiddler.

http://teamfrancis.emrydesign.com/francis.jpg

GP
10-02-2012, 08:28 AM

I never get tired of hearing the same old crap from myself on here.

El Tejano
10-02-2012, 11:02 AM

If I'm Kubiak I'm showing the team that commercial along with clips of when we played them during Sanchez rookie year, clips of Rex Ryan saying we are a finesse team and can't do anything if they punched us in the mouth, and the last 45 seconds of the last time we played the Jets in NY.

I keep hitting the back button too. Just to get my point across.

fiasco west
10-02-2012, 11:08 AM
New York fans are pretty amusing when their teams are bad...but annoying if their teams are good.

If you think this is fun then you should visit a Knicks forum.

drs23
10-02-2012, 01:15 PM
I like the way this guy thinks. :D

^ yeah. The posters in this thread are delusional.

Sanchez was stifled by Miami's defense. Sanchez was baffled against 49ers defense. Sanchez is ****ed against Texans defense.

houstonspartan
10-02-2012, 06:18 PM
Sorry, everybody, but, I remember how the Jets fans were after two back-to-back AFC Championship games. INSUFFERABLE.

They get no pass this time.

F--k em.

jaayteetx
10-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Sorry, everybody, but, I remember how the Jets fans were after two back-to-back AFC Championship games. INSUFFERABLE.

They get no pass this time.

F--k em.

Got a feeling some Texans fans are starting to be the same way.

Specnatz
10-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Got a feeling some Texans fans are starting to be the same way.

Just the ex-cowgirl fans who are jumping on the bandwagon.

BullBlitz
10-02-2012, 08:03 PM
There's nothing like a MNF game in either NY or Green Bay. I hope it's a close game right up until the final gun.

b0ng
10-02-2012, 08:09 PM
There's nothing like a MNF game in either NY or Green Bay. I hope it's a close game right up until the final gun.

I don't. I'd rather them beat the Jets at New York in the same surgical fashion they beat the Jaguars. Make them chant for Tebow. Embarrass them on national TV.

Rey
10-02-2012, 08:35 PM
I hope we crush the jets. Not a fan.

EllisUnit
10-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Coming off a atrocious loss like this you would like to have an easy or average opponent but luckily we get the best team in the NFL so far. On Monday night none the less. Don't have our best defensive player and most likely won't have our best offensive player. Where as good as dead.

That is my favorite one. Funny thing is i bet when the schedule started a lot of jets fans penciled in an easy W. Good to see the team is getting respect, now lets go stomp the jets in the ground on MNF and make the rest of the nation take notice.

PS - If the world does end this year on the 21st i'm gonna be pissed. Atleast the Myans could of seen the newest NFL franchise was about to win a superbowl and extended their calender a month or 2. Them bastards.

The Pencil Neck
10-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Coming off a atrocious loss like this you would like to have an easy or average opponent but luckily we get the best team in the NFL so far. On Monday night none the less. Don't have our best defensive player and most likely won't have our best offensive player. Where as good as dead.

That is my favorite one. Funny thing is i bet when the schedule started a lot of jets fans penciled in an easy W. Good to see the team is getting respect, now lets go stomp the jets in the ground on MNF and make the rest of the nation take notice.

PS - If the world does end this year on the 21st i'm gonna be pissed. Atleast the Myans could of seen the newest NFL franchise was about to win a superbowl and extended their calender a month or 2. Them bastards.

12/21/2112 doesn't mark the end, it marks the beginning... OF AN EON DOMINATED BY THE HOUSTON TEXANS!

:bender:

Rey
10-02-2012, 10:03 PM

Lots of jets fans actually had this as a loss before the season.

Speedy
10-02-2012, 10:21 PM

If close you mean by 20 or more, then I agree.

Fred
10-02-2012, 10:25 PM

The head to head doesn't "get tossed" unless not all the teams played each other. If the head to head is even (all teams 1-1 against each other) it is used - it is just not decisive so you go to the next tiebreaker. If the Conferecne record is even it is not tossed - you go to the next tiebreaker.

In a three way tie, say Ravens Pats Texans, it is seeded according to conference record unless there a sweep in head-2-head.

So AFC record is VERY important.

He explicitly stated concern tiebreaker between the Patriots and the Texans. If the Texans beat the Patriots the Texans win any two way tiebreaker against the Pats. If the Texans beat the Pats, the Texans beat out the Pats in a three way involving the Ravens. Or the Broncos. Those are the most likely teams.

You play 12 AFC teams and only 4 NFC teams. So the clearer way to think about winning the Conference tiebreaker is "you must lose more games to the NFC than the other teams". Pats, Jets, Ravens, Broncos, and Chargers are all already 0-1 vs the NFC. So to win the Conference tiebreaker, the Texans need to lose at least 2 (probably 3) of their 4 games against the NFC. I would rather just beat them instead and have a better record than the other AFC teams.

GP
10-02-2012, 10:43 PM

Reverse jinxing. I like it.

Keep up the good work, man.

Norg
10-03-2012, 02:21 AM
u know what scares me tho recently what are we 0-3 verses the jets and we are playing in metlife there house IDK

Insideop
10-03-2012, 08:46 AM

Hey sonny, what's wrong with "old people?" We gotta crap just like everybody else. Can't help it if it's "old crap." :pirate:

Dread-Head
10-03-2012, 09:14 AM

I'm trying to FORGET that season...

k2djspike
10-03-2012, 09:38 AM
u know what scares me tho recently what are we 0-3 verses the jets and we are playing in metlife there house IDK

As long as we bring our A game im not scared. As far as record goes I can just as well say we were 0-10 going to 4-0 starting the season. Go Texans!!

DBCooper
10-03-2012, 05:25 PM

Coincidentally enough, Wade asks JJ Watt about your very quote after the last game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQ6335puOc

kiwitexansfan
10-03-2012, 06:59 PM

Been over at theganggreen.com and a portion of there fanbase is clinging to there previous wins as evidence they will do it again.

I am more nervous about our team laying down on the national stage than anything the Jets can do. If both teams play to their ability we will PWN them.

DexmanC
10-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Been over at theganggreen.com and a portion of there fanbase is clinging to there previous wins as evidence they will do it again.

I am more nervous about our team laying down on the national stage than anything the Jets can do. If both teams play to their ability we will PWN them.

Matt Schaub, and his Prothean lookin'-ass (Mass Effect reference), is the
reason this team will not lay an egg in Prime Time. This man watched
T.J. Yates clinch the Texans' first division championship, first playoff win,
and fight within a toenail of making the AFC Title Game.

He then listened to an offseason of people wondering if Yates should start
over him. Well, he's definitely locked in from what I can tell over these
first four games. His demeanor is that of an axe murderer, even when
the team is up 24 points. They ain't comin' out flat Monday Night.

Texans will FORCE ESPN to swallow crow raw, whole, with feathers and
claws, and like it. Time to show the league who the best team in the
NFL is.

GlassHalfFull
10-03-2012, 07:40 PM

NFL is.

Dayum, Dex is on fire. Great perspective.

BullBlitz
10-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Reverse jinxing. I like it.

Keep up the good work, man.

No problem. All working out as I had hoped. Man.

mattieuk
10-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Yep! I love going to the opponents board and seeing how they view the Texans.
This year in particular........because it's mainly fear and trepidation instead of joy and the thoughts of an easy win.

I'm not gonna lie. I love to see our opponents fans shaking in their boots for a change.

I also remember the days of seeing the quotes from forums of teams that the Texans somehow managed to beat whilst being in the basement of the AFC South from before the game - predicting how many dozen they'd beat the Texans by.

Anyone who has watched the Texans over the past decade, or knows anything about football teams playing their asses off when they've been embarrassed at home knows that they can write the Jets off at their peril.

DexmanC
10-03-2012, 09:24 PM
I also remember the days of seeing the quotes from forums of teams that the Texans somehow managed to beat whilst being in the basement of the AFC South from before the game - predicting how many dozen they'd beat the Texans by.

Anyone who has watched the Texans over the past decade, or knows anything about football teams playing their asses off when they've been embarrassed at home knows that they can write the Jets off at their peril.

The Texans happened to have beat those teams well into the second
half of the season, when it was more about seeding for those upper-echelon
teams than clinching. With so much on the line right now, for every
team in the NFL, I expect the Jets to get rolled in their own house over
night. Tuesday morning is gonna be a hell of a news day for Texans fans.

GP
10-03-2012, 10:59 PM

NFL is.

Damn Dex, that was like Barry White, a bottle of wine, and my lady on a Saturday night and the kids are away at Grandma's.

Dim the lights....

kiwitexansfan
10-04-2012, 01:55 AM

NFL is.

SOLD!!

where gonna kill 'em.

:bender:

ObsiWan
10-04-2012, 02:31 AM

bingo!

This could be a war.

I just don't see Ryan letting his guys get beat down - on the MNF national stage - like they did last Sunday. This COULD be a war. If you think Denver went after Schaub, I fear you ain't seen nothin' yet.

ObsiWan
10-04-2012, 02:35 AM

NFL is.

All the more reason for Ryan to send his assassins after Schaub and damn the penalties and fines.

ObsiWan
10-04-2012, 02:39 AM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/524712_10150609940901006_7331091005_9411677_363244 452_n.jpg

Where does he get those wonderful picts??

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCvlpampp49g0akcqwy0LeGaruiTWSp wyv86TrtvoG2hS5iPKWCA

BlueSteel
10-04-2012, 05:05 AM

Our current roster is 0-0 against their current roster. Just a thought.

Malloy
10-04-2012, 05:47 AM
Damn Dex, that was like Barry White, a bottle of wine, and my lady on a Saturday night and the kids are away at Grandma's.

Dim the lights....

What, you drunk, randy and making a scene? :)

Insideop
10-04-2012, 06:56 AM

NFL is.

Love that positive attitude Dex! :goodpost: Tried to rep ya but I guess I have to spread it around more.

Are you a car salesman? :)

buddyboy
10-04-2012, 08:50 AM

NFL is.

I agree with most of this. I disagree, however, that beating the Jets in PrimeTime will show the league who the best team in the NFL is. The headlines will mostly be how bad the Jets are.

Now, beating the Ravens and Packers....

Thorn
10-04-2012, 08:55 AM
jets/giants are in NY, along with most of the major studios and large audiences. Houston, as we are painfully aware of, is not a major TV ratings market for sports.

infantrycak
10-04-2012, 09:44 AM
I just don't see Ryan letting his guys get beat down - on the MNF national stage - like they did last Sunday. This COULD be a war. If you think Denver went after Schaub, I fear you ain't seen nothin' yet.

This certainly could turn into a fight. I will point out the Jets have not been getting good QB pressure. They are 29th in the league with 5 sacks.

Texn4life
10-04-2012, 09:55 AM
This certainly could turn into a fight. I will point out the Jets have not been getting good QB pressure. They are 29th in the league with 5 sacks.

They screwed the pooch by not drafting Ingram with their first round pick. They were excited when Coples looked good in the preseason and not he's barely seeing the field. He has Marioitis....... Just doesn't play with a high motor.

The problem that they tried to go to a hybrid 4-3/3-4 and then brought Maybin back hoping he'd build on his surprising average year last year just makes things worse. Pace is their best pass rusher and his better days are behind them. They have to do so much blitzing just to get pressure which will make it even harder now with Revis out because they can't just play man coverage all of the time now.

DexmanC
10-04-2012, 12:18 PM
All the more reason for Ryan to send his assassins after Schaub and damn the penalties and fines.

I ain't too worried about that. Kubiak and company have had six full seasons
of practice against punk-ass cheap-shot play, four games a year against
Del-Rio and Fisher-led teams.

Rex Ryan is no where near as filthy as those two guys are, and that's
saying a lot. This will be a rout, as Monday Night Games turn out to be. The
good games are always on Sunday Night, because the matchups feature teams
from the previous year's playoffs.

Rey
10-04-2012, 12:31 PM

That's ridiculous Norg.

Last year was our first time in the Play-offs. We'd never done that before. We'd never been 3-0. We'd never been 4-0. We'd never had a defense this good. Forget play-off appearances...We actually won our first play-off game ever as a franchise...

We've never had a team this good before.

Norg, if you are going to get nervous every time we are faced with a "first" type of challenge then you might want to invest heavily in some pepto and passion flower.

JVL713
10-04-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm not going to get cocky. Playing hard and with a chip on the shoulder is what has gotten us to where we are today, the players seem to understand that as well.

El Tejano
10-04-2012, 12:45 PM
Well all i have to do is go back to last year when we were clearly the better team against the Indianapolis Colts and we played on Thursday Night Football and lost to them. The stage on a night game is set at a higher level and teams will come out to play. If our staff is reminding our team of that time, this team will be focused and ready.

Now going off what Rey said about "firsts", if we wanna be a Super Bowl Champion there are alot of first that we are going to have to accomplish. Beating NYJ will be a first I'd like to see get done.

DBCooper
10-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Alright, here's a reason for Jets fans to cheer!

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2012/10/03/0ap1000000069220.jpg

The Pencil Neck
10-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Well all i have to do is go back to last year when we were clearly the better team against the Indianapolis Colts and we played on Thursday Night Football and lost to them. The stage on a night game is set at a higher level and teams will come out to play. If our staff is reminding our team of that time, this team will be focused and ready.

Now going off what Rey said about "firsts", if we wanna be a Super Bowl Champion there are alot of first that we are going to have to accomplish. Beating NYJ will be a first I'd like to see get done.

After clenching a playoff spot, I considered all the remaining games pre-season games used to try to teach TJ different things to prepare him for the post-season. Losing that Thursday Night game meant nothing to me.

thunderkyss
10-04-2012, 06:39 PM

This is why I don't think Ryan is a good coach. I don't think he has any say in the beat down his team is going to take. He's good, when everything is new, or when they are winning. But I don't think he's the kind of guy you need when things are falling apart. He's not the keep it together type, or the build it type.

GP
10-04-2012, 06:51 PM
What, you drunk, randy and making a scene? :)

http://drawception.com/pub/panels/2012/5-9/mrRDwp2OPc-4.png

Rey
10-04-2012, 10:03 PM
This is why I don't think Ryan is a good coach. I don't think he has any say in the beat down his team is going to take. He's good, when everything is new, or when they are winning. But I don't think he's the kind of guy you need when things are falling apart. He's not the keep it together type, or the build it type.

He's a defensive coordinator.

Texn4life
10-05-2012, 07:12 AM
He's a defensive coordinator.

And a very good one at that. His personnel isn't that great there right now though.

drs23
10-05-2012, 12:43 PM
I LOL'd at this exchange about circumstances in which the Texans have never won:

FWIW: "... And in prime time. The Texans have never won away from home at night..."

And the response:

What about when there's a full moon, it's less than 69 degrees, tebow is blowing a goat in the locker room and there are 3 wolves howling in the parking lot???

hate these type of stats :lol:

drunkcookie
10-05-2012, 12:52 PM
I LOL'd at this exchange about circumstances in which the Texans have never won:

And the response:

:lol:

That is badass...

Ruinondd
10-05-2012, 10:55 PM
How bad is it? We couldn't even get the Jets subreddit to make a sidebar image bet with us spotting them 10 points :( Even the Besf's were willing last week with a 13 point advantage.

Sadface that their won't be Watt wearing a cowboy hat on their sidebar come Tuesday.

CloakNNNdagger
10-06-2012, 12:36 PM

And the response:

:lol:

Jets fans in this thread ( http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=74679 (http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=74679) ) are merciless with the owner and his pushing of Tebow. The beginning post IS only the beginning:

Chris Mortenson reported on ESPN radio that he's heard from multiple sources that Woody is pushing the coaching staff to start Tebow.

If this is true, then we are so ****ed even beyond this season. This peckerhead owner needs to STFU and leave the football operations to the experts and focus on selling baby poweder and band-aids.

This guy is a complete clown and will ruin this team if he keeps this **** up. He will end up looking worse than the Wilpons.

drs23
10-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Yeah, Doc I read those as well. Then here (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000074625/article/new-york-jets-gm-no-pressure-to-start-tim-tebow) Tannybomb as they like to call the GM denies it. Kinda. Man, what a cluster they've got going on over there. Certainly not the model of stability, I would think. Looks more like the crash-n-burn photo you posted in the Look Alike thread. :bomb:

darnbni99a
10-06-2012, 10:05 PM

cosign..im confindent we'll win..but not a blowout. 7-10pt margin

thunderkyss
10-07-2012, 12:03 PM
cosign..im confindent we'll win..but not a blowout. 7-10pt margin

If Sanchez is going to look better than he has against other teams this year, he's going to have to do it against our front 7 & our secondary. I'm not seeing that. Can they run the ball like Tennessee did last week? Probably, but the result should be pretty similar..... 38-14

I don't think NYJets' defense is going to be as affective against Foster & Tate like Tennessee was last week. Offensively, I think we'll have our way & they just don't have the offense to keep up.

I don't believe that's being over confident, that's beeing realistic, knowing what we know about our offense & our defense. Deducing what can be discerned about NYJets' offense & defense. As well as beleiving our team has a goal & the resolve to go deep in the play-offs.

Wolf
10-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Alright, here's a reason for Jets fans to cheer!

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/photo/2012/10/03/0ap1000000069220.jpg
http://wyblog.us/images/rule5/jets-flight-crew-300x286.jpg

seriously This team could be focused

NY Jets defensive coordinator Mike Pettine makes sure ‘quit’ quotes stick with his Jets

Defensive coordinator Mike Pettine posted 49ers cornerback Carlos Rogers’ quotes about the Jets quitting last Sunday on the projector screen in his players’ meeting room Wednesday morning. He allowed the players to read the words in silence. “There’s nothing worse,” Pettine said.

Pettine maintained that he did not agree that the defense gave up in the 34-0 loss, but he allowed that the players were worn out physically and emotionally during the drubbing. “It kinda seemed like, after a while they just, I know, looking at their defense, they didn’t want to be out there,” Rogers said during a SiriusXM Radio interview. “And after that it’s like, man, these guys don’t really want to play the game. You know, it’s pretty much over.” The Jets gave up 245 rushing yards and missed 17 tackles.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-49ers-smack-talk-motivation-article-1.1176497#ixzz28dr7pBWb

hradhak
10-07-2012, 05:12 PM
At this point I think the only way we lose is if we come out flat. We have a tendency to to come out flat at least for some part of the game (usually in the second qtr). We need to learn to play 4 quarters because Baltimore isn't going to give us a break and this is a good time to get on track for playing 4 quarters every game.

thunderkyss
10-08-2012, 12:50 AM
At this point I think the only way we lose is if we come out flat. We have a tendency to to come out flat at least for some part of the game (usually in the second qtr). We need to learn to play 4 quarters because Baltimore isn't going to give us a break and this is a good time to get on track for playing 4 quarters every game.

Baltimore came out flat in their 9-6 win over the hapless Chiefs (1-4).

b.reyes16
10-08-2012, 02:22 PM
I liked this one. He is very optimistic

I like my comments being put to good use on other boards. LOL.

Hervoyel
10-08-2012, 11:23 PM

Quoting myself. This is exactly what I was talking about. The Jets, for all their warts and shortcomings where talent is concerned could very well have beaten us. They held nothing back, tried everything but throwing the kitchen sink at us, and often got in their own way as much as ours but they wanted that game probably a little more than we did. They just didn't have the horses to take it. Green Bay next week is a better team but they won't be as intense as the Jets just were. Not even close.

Rey
10-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Quoting myself. This is exactly what I was talking about. The Jets, for all their warts and shortcomings where talent is concerned could very well have beaten us. They held nothing back, tried everything but throwing the kitchen sink at us, and often got in their own way as much as ours but they wanted that game probably a little more than we did. They just didn't have the horses to take it. Green Bay next week is a better team but they won't be as intense as the Jets just were. Not even close.

I didn't think we were going to blow the jets out, but I am always hopeful.

That said, remember when we were a bad team?

Remember how we "competed" with the big boys but always came up short?

So yeah I agree. The jets just weren't good enough and IMO they played a good game....just nit good enough