PDA

View Full Version : Injuries from Titan's game

gafftop
09-30-2012, 10:54 PM
What was injury status of Caldwell, Demps and any others?
thanks

Playoffs
09-30-2012, 11:04 PM
(on G Andre Caldwell’s injury) “We don’t know. He got rolled up pretty good is my understanding. Of course I don’t see during the game, but he got rolled up pretty good. He came into the game with a sore ankle, so (C/G) Ben (Jones) played the rest of the way. He’s been battling the nicks actually the last week or so. So we’ll see where we’re at. We’ve got an extra day this week so hopefully we get him back.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Quotes-After-Week-4-win/2074f864-cef0-4af1-8c04-e5c071f04e92

gtexan02
09-30-2012, 11:08 PM
(on Titans Pride) "We don't know. It got hit pretty good. I don't think its going to make a quick recovery. I mean, it really took a shot out there. I'd say its done for the year."

SCOTTexans
09-30-2012, 11:12 PM
All the hopes and dreams of Titan's fans.

They get the running game back and Locker gets hurt....

wolf123
10-01-2012, 12:55 AM
I'm very worried about Demps.. Shilo keo is terrible and really limits us defensively.

SheTexan
10-01-2012, 01:11 AM
All the hopes and dreams of Titan's fans.

They get the running game back and Locker gets hurt....

They got their running game back WITHOUT Locker!

dream_team
10-01-2012, 02:11 AM
oops!

Porky
10-01-2012, 11:55 AM
I know the reason why Keo was kept over Troy Nolan but come on...that was a bad decision by the Texans.

I mean does better ST play trump being horrible at your position? Nolan was good enough to spot start and had a nose for the ball. I was comfortable with Nolan as a depth safety. So what if he sucked at ST? Keo just is too limited athletically, takes bad angles, isn't a good tackler and has almost zero instincts for the position. He is in over his head and unless you are a ST God (and he isn't)...that doesn't trump horrible position play.

He is the worst player on the 53 man roster and he needs to go to someone else.....soon. Maybe Miami will give us Troy for Keo and a six pack of coke. :kitten:

TejasTom
10-01-2012, 12:13 PM
He is the worst player on the 53 man roster and he needs to go to someone else.....soon. Maybe Miami will give us Troy for Keo and a six pack of coke. :kitten:

Miami has already cut Troy. Keo came off the field hurt also. Ball played at safety late in the game.

Errant Hothy
10-01-2012, 12:14 PM
I know the reason why Keo was kept over Troy Nolan but come on...that was a bad decision by the Texans.

I mean does better ST play trump being horrible at your position? Nolan was good enough to spot start and had a nose for the ball. I was comfortable with Nolan as a depth safety. So what if he sucked at ST? Keo just is too limited athletically, takes bad angles, isn't a good tackler and has almost zero instincts for the position. He is in over his head and unless you are a ST God (and he isn't)...that doesn't trump horrible position play.

Im pretty sure that Troy is a FA again, but I could be mistaken.

Edit: ninja'd by TejasTom

Porky
10-01-2012, 12:41 PM
If Troy is on the open market, we need to sign him. Not saying he is all that and a bag of chips, but he is clearly better than Keo by any measure.

Lady.Gaga.3000
10-01-2012, 12:58 PM
Did you guys see the play Keo got hurt on? He took a bad angle on a tackle and missed. Keo was barely stiffed arm and somehow got hurt.

dream_team
10-01-2012, 01:08 PM
Good thing Nolan is a FA. Time to bring him home (if Demps will miss time).

infantrycak
10-01-2012, 01:54 PM
If Troy is on the open market, we need to sign him. Not saying he is all that and a bag of chips, but he is clearly better than Keo by any measure.

We also have Eddie Pleasant on the practice squad. He appeared to have good range and instincts in the pre-season.

TheIronDuke
10-01-2012, 02:03 PM
I'd love to bring Nolan back and call Pleasant up from the PS, cut Keo and Holliday and we'd be set.

beerlover
10-01-2012, 02:05 PM
We also have Eddie Pleasant on the practice squad. He appeared to have good range and instincts in the pre-season.

If texans move Eddie on the active roster they will never look back. Bemoaning Keo or letting Nolan go in the grand scheme of things is most likey inconsequential. Have a Pleasant Day should be a promo moving forward.

CretorFrigg
10-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Miami has already cut Troy. Keo came off the field hurt also. Ball played at safety late in the game.

Ball was playing safety? Did I miss something? What happened to Glover Quin?

Perki-Perk
10-01-2012, 03:14 PM

You see, there are 2 safeties. The free and the strong.

CretorFrigg
10-01-2012, 03:16 PM

Danieal Manning...

dsorc
10-01-2012, 03:19 PM

We play a 3-safety dime package. With Demps and Keo down, Ball took over as the dime safety. Makes sense since he did play some S in Dallas.

CretorFrigg
10-01-2012, 03:21 PM
We play a 3-safety dime package. With Demps and Keo down, Ball took over as the dime safety. Makes sense since he did play some S in Dallas.

Thanks for a legitimate response.

Errant Hothy
10-01-2012, 04:00 PM

More like a left and a right at this point.

Errant Hothy
10-01-2012, 04:33 PM
https://twitter.com/HoustonTexans/status/252868389037563904

Coach Kubiak at podium now. RG Antoine Caldwell has ankle sprain. Will be day-to-day. Quintin Demps had surgery today for broken forearm.

Demps to IR? No.

https://twitter.com/NickScurfield/status/252868641635332096

Nick Scurfield @NickScurfield
S Quintin Demps had surgery on a broken forearm. Not season-ending, but he will miss "some time" per Kubiak #Texans

srrono
10-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Do the Texans bring some one in or just move Eddie "The Missile" Pleasant up from the practice squad.

http://blog.houstontexans.com/tag/eddie-pleasant/

Rey
10-01-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm thinking that they just ask Ball/Keo to play safety and Move Brandon Harris to the active roster.

Last year Harris also got some work at safety, but not in an actual game. Supposedly he was an option there last year when DMan got hurt.

Premier
10-01-2012, 07:01 PM
atleast its the backup, but demps was ballin..

would love to see Pleasant suit up even if its only ST work..

BlackFizz
10-01-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm thinking that they just ask Ball/Keo to play safety and Move Brandon Harris to the active roster.

Last year Harris also got some work at safety, but not in an actual game. Supposedly he was an option there last year when DMan got hurt.

I don't know if it is just that simple. We play dime alot, and Keo IMHO is not a legitimate option. He will get us killed on long plays repeatedly due to his lack of an nfl skill set(athleticism, awareness, tackling, ect). Ball(along with Bradie James and T Newman) was a big reason why Wade's defense in Dallas fell off so badly and ultimately got him fired. He simply can't cover anyone deep down the field. Ball is and has been a major liability in Wade's scheme before and I don't see that changing. Lack of quality depth in our secondary may ultimately be our demise come playoff time. I heard on SR610 on the way home that we may be in search for veteran safety help. I pray we find an adequate replacement until Demps can return.

BTW has B Harris ever played safety before?? A any level??
just curious

Carr Bombed
10-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Has anyone heard anything about Ben Tate? I heard he had a X-ray on his foot.

srrono
10-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Troy Nolan Released by Dolphins on 9/25 is still a Free Agent. I would like to see him back in Houston. I would rather him than Keo to replace S Quintin Demps.

SteveSlaton20
10-01-2012, 08:27 PM
yes please! we can sign him to a minimum if he agrees.

Lurvinator11
10-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Well with Demps being out for a few weeks with a broken forearm, we should pick up Nolan.

Who could we cut on our roster to make room for him?

Or would we call up pleasant?

Lurvinator11
10-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Kubiak said in the press conference it should be dealt with tomorrow.

srrono
10-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Well with Demps being out for a few weeks with a broken forearm, we should pick up Nolan.

Who could we cut on our roster to make room for him?

Or would we call up pleasant?

I am ready to end the Holiday experiment drop him bring back Nolan. Let Manning, Forsett, and Martin handle return duties.

Texan_Bill
10-01-2012, 08:53 PM
atleast its the backup, but demps was ballin..

would love to see Pleasant suit up even if its only ST work..

JUP!! Same here. I wanna see Pleasant activated.

Carr Bombed
10-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Has anyone heard anything about Ben Tate? I heard he had a X-ray on his foot.

Has anyone heard anything?

GlassHalfFull
10-01-2012, 09:02 PM

He had a toe bothering him, per Kubiak's press conference. No report on the results of the xray that I know of.

Texan_Bill
10-01-2012, 09:04 PM

I think I heard it was a toe... Not necessarily a "turf toe" situation, but a toe nonetheless.

Rey
10-01-2012, 09:17 PM
I don't know if it is just that simple. We play dime alot, and Keo IMHO is not a legitimate option. He will get us killed on long plays repeatedly due to his lack of an nfl skill set(athleticism, awareness, tackling, ect). Ball(along with Bradie James and T Newman) was a big reason why Wade's defense in Dallas fell off so badly and ultimately got him fired. He simply can't cover anyone deep down the field. Ball is and has been a major liability in Wade's scheme before and I don't see that changing. Lack of quality depth in our secondary may ultimately be our demise come playoff time. I heard on SR610 on the way home that we may be in search for veteran safety help. I pray we find an adequate replacement until Demps can return.

BTW has B Harris ever played safety before?? A any level??
just curious

I never said it was simple, just giving an opinion on what I think the texans will do.

And I have no clue if Harris has ever played safety, but I know that they were considering him for the position last year when manning was hurt.

If I'm not mistaken, in order for them to bring someone in they need to cut someone. I think they'd rather keep what they have and work with it than cutting someone.

I could be wrong and have been plenty, but that's how I see it.

Carr Bombed
10-01-2012, 09:32 PM
I think I heard it was a toe... Not necessarily a "turf toe" situation, but a toe nonetheless.

Well has anyone heard any details about this? A toe injury can be disabilating to a RB,

CloakNNNdagger
10-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Demps, depending on his fracture or fracture combinations is likely to see the field again no sooner than 4 weeks (in most cases unwise), and could be more likely closer to 2 months or longer. Plated forearm fractures in NFL players are significant risk for refracture of the forearm...........close to 20%.