PDA

View Full Version : NFL.com: Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson, Arian Foster show Texans are legit

Playoffs
09-25-2012, 10:55 AM
DENVER -- Somewhere around the 48-yard line at Sports Authority Field -- depending on how far the force of Denver Broncos linebacker Joe Mays' hit might have sent it flying -- a piece of Matt Schaub's earlobe is now among the blades of grass.

But don't worry, Schaub says. It's totally cool.

"I felt fine, you know," the Houston Texans' quarterback said after Sunday's 31-25 win. "I just lost a little piece of my ear. I was bleeding and my helmet came off, so I had to come out for a play, but I was fine."

Don't you just hate when that happens? When your stupid helmet and your wimpy ear won't stay on your head, forcing you to leave the game for an entire play because of some dumb rules about blood and head gear? It's so ... inconvenient.

Here's the good news, Texans' fans: Unlike last year, when Schaub was sidelined by a foot injury for much of the 2011 season, the NFL's most underappreciated quarterback missed just one play on Sunday because of Mays' ridiculously hard (and illegal) hit...

read more: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000065753/article/matt-schaub-andre-johnson-arian-foster-show-texans-are-legit

HJam72
09-25-2012, 11:16 AM
What a wimp. I don't think Cushing missed a single play when his whole head was bleeding all over....his pants. 'Course, Matt doesn't go 'round asking for concussions-for-fun-giggles-&-hallucinations, though.

417Texan
09-25-2012, 01:57 PM
When you play without a piece of your ear that registers you have big big balls.

The Pencil Neck
09-25-2012, 02:00 PM
And I loved when they showed him on the sideline with the trainer looking at his left shoulder. Matt's just staring at the guy saying, "I'm fine. I'm FINE. I SAID I'M FINE."

I thought that was hilarious.

417Texan
09-25-2012, 05:12 PM
Man Schaub is da man.

FR0497
09-25-2012, 05:36 PM
And I loved when they showed him on the sideline with the trainer looking at his left shoulder. Matt's just staring at the guy saying, "I'm fine. I'm FINE. I SAID I'M FINE."

I thought that was hilarious.

I remember him going to the sideline saying, "Where's my helmet? Where's my helmet? WHERE'S MY ****ING HELMET??"

417Texan
09-26-2012, 08:18 AM
I remember him going to the sideline saying, "Where's my helmet? Where's my helmet? WHERE'S MY ****ING HELMET??"

That was pure gold.