PDA

View Full Version : MNF -- Sackfest 2012

NitroGSXR
09-24-2012, 09:59 PM
8 sacks in the first half and it ain't over yet. GO SEAHAWKS!

paycheck71
09-24-2012, 10:07 PM
What the hell happened to GB O-line? And Rodgers seems to sit back there forever without trying to escape, just waiting to be sacked.

GlassHalfFull
09-24-2012, 10:15 PM
sackfest and flagfest.

Rogers is spending more time on his back than a ho in an old west whorehouse.

Refs are trying to make sure nobody complains about a lack of flags.

Texn4life
09-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Green Bay started checking down a lot in the second half. Made some great halftime adjustments. Seattle's defense is worn out.

gtexan02
09-24-2012, 11:27 PM
I am officially finished with these referees. This is absurd. 4 straight penalties, 2 of which have been totally false calls.

That Roughing the Passer call was BS and got rid of a turnover
That PI call was BS and got the seahawks about 40 yards

WTF

corytx8
09-24-2012, 11:30 PM
I love it, all you need to do is throw a deep ball on a streak route and the refs will always throw a PI flag. This is terrible.....

gtexan02
09-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Holy crap. What just happened?

TejasTom
09-24-2012, 11:49 PM
Holy crap. What just happened?

Good question.

Nawzer
09-24-2012, 11:50 PM
WOW! What a way to end the game. This is going to be a fiasco!

gtexan02
The refs must have bet on the 'hawks. That was flat out the wrong call

Texn4life
This has been a weekend full of crazy endings! I'm at a loss for words right now. Packer fans have to be super hot right about now.

NitroGSXR
09-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Locked out referees just gained the upper hand.

What a finish!

Khari
packers got robbed......

TheEastwood
It looked to me like they both had two hands on the ball. By rule, a tie goes to the reciever.

Edit: Horribly called game by the refs. But I have no problem with the final call.

Nawzer
09-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Why the hell did that one ref call a touchdown when they were still jousting for the ball??? This is horrendous.

mattieuk
09-24-2012, 11:52 PM
Wowza. That is pure insanity.

I would LOVE to be in Centurylink right now!

pbat488
09-24-2012, 11:53 PM
only strengthens the locked out refs position due to the backlash that has been building but is really gonna come up strong tomorrow morning from all sides against the nfl.

i'm just glad it didn't happen to us.

CretorFrigg
09-24-2012, 11:53 PM
Bad call, but I'm glad it went to the 'hawks.

TexanSam
09-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Well if the NFL doesn't resolve this issue immediately then the game is truly a mockery. Every single NFL owner, player, GM, and coach should be bitching at Goodell to resolve this issue because that could be their team out there. This is ****ing ridiculous.

Dutchrudder
09-24-2012, 11:55 PM
****ing bull****, this is going to cost me a win in fantasy football. Terrible call.

Texn4life
I honestly don't know what to think about that play. But I find it hard to see how the Defender didn't have control of that ball.

Nawzer
First of all Tate pushed off Shields which was blatant and should have been called for offensive PI. Tate only had like a hand or one arm on it and Jennings came down with it and had control of it.

Heath Shuler
09-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Crazy

gtexan02
09-24-2012, 11:56 PM
The refs are saying "simultaneous possession always goes to the offense"

Rey
09-24-2012, 11:57 PM

And that is correct.

Texn4life
****ing bull****, this is going to cost me a win in fantasy football. Terrible call.

Think about all of the people who put money on the Packers in Vegas. TVs are getting smashed everywhere I bet.

Marcus
I've watched a lot of football in my time, but this is the biggest travesty I've seen yet.

If I were the Packers, I wouldn't even take the field next week. This is an abomination.

Norg
09-24-2012, 11:58 PM
Packer gate LOL i for one wanted the packers to win when we go to the super bowl i wanna to play the best ??? not the seahawks

but i really wanna play a east coast team the giants or cowboys hell yeah and beat there ass so east coast bias will die

Fili
Glad the Seahawks won. Gives me more confidence we'll win in two weeks.

PapaL
It looked to me like they both had two hands on the ball. By rule, a tie goes to the reciever.

Edit: Horribly called game by the refs. But I have no problem with the final call.

That is the rule but...hell in this case it just feels wrong like the tuck rule.

Texn4life

There was an interception by Charles Woodson against the Jets a couple of years ago almost identical to that play, and they gave the ball to Green Bay. If that's the rule then the officials are inconsistent with it.

msbbc833
will someone post a gif on the seahawks #92 dancing after sacking rodgers?? hilarious!!

infantrycak
I thought the pass interference call to keep the drive alive was worse than the TD call.

CloakNNNdagger
09-24-2012, 11:59 PM
That should have been called an INTERCEPTION BY JENNINGS (additionally notwithstanding offensive PI)!

To answer that question, officials referred to the NFL Rulebook, specifically rule 8, section 1, article 3, item 5 (there are a lot of rules in that book; it's about 10 times as long as the United States Constitution):

If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/wr-and-cb-both-catch-ball-in-endzone-who-gets-possession?urn=nfl,wp6949)

gtexan02
09-25-2012, 12:00 AM
I thought the pass interference call to keep the drive alive was worse than the TD call.

Absolutely

Kaiser Toro
09-25-2012, 12:01 AM

The one late PI was sound, the Packer DB was holding the WRs jersey

texanhead08
09-25-2012, 12:02 AM
The refs screwed up by calling it a touchdown if Jennings really had it, once they did that if there is not overwhelming evidence they can't overturn it. This might be what finally gets this labor dispute settled.

Texanmike02
09-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Think about all of the people who put money on the Packers in Vegas. TVs are getting smashed everywhere I bet.

Nobody had the game as even money. Anyone who had the Packers had lost when it was a 5 pt game.

That said, WTF was that. How that is a TD is beyond me. Look, the normal officials miss stuff but this is effing stupid. Maybe the commish is just trying to teach us to appreciate the normal officials?

Mike

gwallaia
09-25-2012, 12:03 AM
This has to be the final nail in the coffin. The NFL must work out a deal with the regular refs now. The Seahawks should not have won that game. The replacement refs directly determined the outcome of the game with the wrong call.

If I'm a Packers fan, my blood is boiling.

eriadoc
I am officially finished with these referees. This is absurd. 4 straight penalties, 2 of which have been totally false calls.

That Roughing the Passer call was BS and got rid of a turnover
That PI call was BS and got the seahawks about 40 yards

WTF

Thought you were favoring the replacements.

dtran04
LOL. One Packer was mouthing to himself, "Should have knocked it down".

Rey
There was an interception by Charles Woodson against the Jets a couple of years ago almost identical to that play, and they gave the ball to Green Bay. If that's the rule then the officials are inconsistent with it.

That's the rule on every level of football and is common knowledge. If the refs call it otherwise they are wrong.

toronto
09-25-2012, 12:04 AM
Book it - this game is the final straw - the credibility of the NFL is at stake.

Dutchrudder
Book it - this game is the final straw - the credibility of the NFL is at stake.

One can only hope.

Fili
I'm also glad the game is here. 12th man really showed up for the Seahawks and got them 8 sacks.

Kaiser Toro
09-25-2012, 12:05 AM
Keep hope alive!

mattieuk
The refs screwed up by calling it a touchdown if Jennings really had it, once they did that if there is not overwhelming evidence they can't overturn it. This might be what finally gets this labor dispute settled.

The worst thing about that play was the speed they tried to make the call with. In that kind of a situation time is an officials best friend.

As unjust as the result may seem to some, that was one of the most exciting MNFs I've seen in a little while.

TexanSam

Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if these refs placed money on the Seahawks.

Heath Shuler
09-25-2012, 12:06 AM
http://a.yfrog.com/img878/5995/60022829.jpg

Kaiser Toro
12th man really showed up for the Seahawks and got them 8 sacks.

Aggies don't like

Ruinondd
That made me go look up the rule myself. Should have gone Greenbay's way. Here's hoping this what finally gets the normal refs back. Ugh.

gtexan02
Thought you were favoring the replacements.

Did you see week 3?

Rey
That should have been called an INTERCEPTION BY JENNINGS (additionally notwithstanding offensive PI)!

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/wr-and-cb-both-catch-ball-in-endzone-who-gets-possession?urn=nfl,wp6949)

Did the db have control of the ball first? I didn't see the catch...

gtexan02
09-25-2012, 12:08 AM
Did the db have control of the ball first? I didn't see the catch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtYeeFpPPz0

Not Ben Tate :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CxU-TaOrVo

Rey
09-25-2012, 12:08 AM
http://a.yfrog.com/img878/5995/60022829.jpg

From that picture it doesn't look like the hawks player has any control of the ball...only one hand in there????

Texn4life
09-25-2012, 12:13 AM
That's the rule on every level of football and is common knowledge. If the refs call it otherwise they are wrong.

I agree, but I've seen it called in favor of the offense pretty much every time except for this one play from what I can remember. I found the highlight and it was Tramon Williams and not Woodson. Go to the 1:05 mark and you'll see it. Even Mooch says it's supposed to be "tie to the runner". He pulls it away from Cotchery only after they go to the ground.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81bc0d33/GameDay-Packers-vs-Jets-highlights

Heath Shuler
09-25-2012, 12:14 AM
From that picture it doesn't look like the hawks player has any control of the ball...only one hand in there????

he never had control.

The reason for the picture:
one ref signaling TD
the other ref signaling INT. (turnover)

Rey
09-25-2012, 12:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtYeeFpPPz0

Not Ben Tate :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CxU-TaOrVo

Ok, that was an int...lmao...all the wr did was stick his hands in there after the db had possession...

But that's why you are supposed to bat the ball down at the end of a game...

One fluke play by Quinn doesn't change that.

eriadoc
09-25-2012, 12:15 AM
Did you see week 3?

I saw it. I posted about it. But I also saw it coming and didn't try to sugar coat the BS leading up to it. They don't know the rules, they can't handle the job, and the NFL doesn't care.

AMartin56
09-25-2012, 12:16 AM
I'll always watch the Texans but I'm giving up on the rest of the NFL until they fix this junk. It's too frustrating to watch. And yeah I had the Packers in my Pick 'Em. But I also don't like Pete Carroll. Hate him in fact. He's a rat.

gtexan02
09-25-2012, 12:16 AM
I agree, but I've seen it called in favor of the offense pretty much every time except for this one play from what I can remember. I found the highlight and it was Tramon Williams and not Woodson. Go to the 1:05 mark and you'll see it. Even Mooch says it's supposed to be "tie to the runner". He pulls it away from Cotchery only after they go to the ground.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81bc0d33/GameDay-Packers-vs-Jets-highlights

Thats not the same. In this case they both came down with it (sort of)

Dutchrudder
09-25-2012, 12:17 AM

Tate never had the ball. Jennings had two hands on it and it was in his arm before he hit the ground. It's a terrible call, should have been an INT and game over.

Nawzer
09-25-2012, 12:18 AM

Correct. It was NOT a simultaneous possession and if the refs saw it that they are wrong. Jennings came down with the ball and had possession of it. We might be having fun at the Packers expense at the moment, but the same kind of thing might happen to us soon and it won't be so funny. This needs to get fixed asap.

mattieuk
But that's why you are supposed to bat the ball down at the end of a game...

One fluke play by Quinn doesn't change that.

Try posting that on a Packers board right now! :kitten:

But, you are completely right. Jennings should have done all he could to break the play up. Trying to pull off an interception in a jump ball situation like that is asking for trouble with the close proximity of multiple other bodies.

AMartin56
And while I realize pass interference is rarely if ever called on a jump ball if nothing else you give the ball to the Packers on replay because of the blatant push off by Tate before the scrum. THAT should have been enough to break the 'tied catch' BS in favor of the Packers.

gtexan02
09-25-2012, 12:19 AM
Tate never had the ball. Jennings had two hands on it and it was in his arm before he hit the ground. It's a terrible call, should have been an INT and game over.

I agree. I'm just saying the video with the Jets isn't even close. This wasn't close, that one was even further away

Texn4life
09-25-2012, 12:19 AM

Actually I did remember it a little correctly. If you go to the 1:50 mark there is a play regarding Woodson, but that wasn't really simultaneous possession. He just rips the ball away from Keller while he was on the ground. Still a bad call.

Vinny
09-25-2012, 12:20 AM
what an awesome, awesome weekend of great football - great games all weekend long...too bad the league had to disease their product. What a game!

Texanmike02
09-25-2012, 12:20 AM
Aaron Rodgers could have played on the office.

http://centsnonsense.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/ryan-the-office-28us-29-34536_1024_878.jpg

Mike

GP
09-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Should have been a 18.75 yard penalty on the Dolphins instead of being ruled a TD catch. Duh.

Note to Goodell: Your idea sucks. You should get the real refs out there ASAP.

Texn4life

How is it not the same? In the video with Tramon Williams both players went to the ground with possession. And Williams took the ball after they went to the ground. The same rule should apply in that situation as well. It doesn't matter how long they were on the ground wrestling with the ball. Its the same situation rule wise.

Rey
I dong care for these refs and honestly when I watch games it just doesn't feel like official NFL football, BUT im still going to watch and I'm not going to jump on these guys for every call they make. Not even the really bad ones like this. I still believe the games are mostly being decided by the teams themselves and not the refs. This game should have gone to packers, but hey...I've seen awful calls before.

gtexan02
Not Tates first hail mary controversy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P4_p2veKrQ

gtexan02
09-25-2012, 12:23 AM
Let me say this:
F the real officials. F Goodell too. They are both equally blame in this. The refs have a great gig, get paid well, and only work 20 days a year. F them. They are ruining this. So is Goodell.

gtexan02
09-25-2012, 12:24 AM
Love this tweet
– Cornerback Perrish Cox (@pcox16): “Is the refs workin for the buffalo wild wings commercial?”

pbat488
09-25-2012, 12:25 AM
those questioning the official review and why it wasn't called an interception/penalty, a review can only overturn the call on the field. it can not be used to adjudge penalties.

since the call on the field was called as a touchdown, the only thing they were making sure of was that the catch was made in bounds and completed to the ground. they couldn't change it from a touchdown to an interception, even though it clearly was.

they had to give the simultaneous possession to confirm the call on the field.

also, what KT said :foottap:

I'm also glad the game is here. 12th man really showed up for the Seahawks and got them 8 sacks.

Aggies don't like

eriadoc
09-25-2012, 12:27 AM
Let me say this:
F the real officials. F Goodell too. They are both equally blame in this. The refs have a great gig, get paid well, and only work 20 days a year. F them. They are ruining this. So is Goodell.

No they aren't, and you know why? They tried to show up for work. This is not a strike. If you're boss tells you screw you, we're going to bring in a replacement for you unless you take a pay cut, you're not obligated in any way to take that pay cut. Tip your hat, say good luck, and go do your day job that they all have. If this were a strike, I'd be all over the refs. But the Billionaires' Club told the refs they couldn't come to work. So you get what we have now.

mattieuk
09-25-2012, 12:27 AM
those questioning the official review and why it wasn't called an interception/penalty, a review can only overturn the call on the field. it can not be used to adjudge penalties.

since the call on the field was called as a touchdown, the only thing they were making sure of was that the catch was made in bounds and completed to the ground. they couldn't change it from a touchdown to an interception, even though it clearly was.

they had to give the simultaneous possession to confirm the call on the field.

Completely right. The fault here is on the official who signaled the TD - he tied their hands in terms of altering the decision.

gtexan02
09-25-2012, 12:28 AM
No they aren't, and you know why? They tried to show up for work. This is not a strike. If you're boss tells you screw you, we're going to bring in a replacement for you unless you take a pay cut, you're not obligated in any way to take that pay cut. Tip your hat, say good luck, and go do your day job that they all have. If this were a strike, I'd be all over the refs. But the Billionaires' Club told the refs they couldn't come to work. So you get what we have now.

If thats true, then I take it back. I thought they were negotiating for a pay raise, not disputing a pay cut

eriadoc
09-25-2012, 12:30 AM
If thats true, then I take it back. I thought they were negotiating for a pay raise, not disputing a pay cut

The NFL wants to bring on an entire extra crew for the same overall piece of the pie. So it's a pay cut for each ref. There are other pieces to it as well, and frankly, it's a bunch of business that I have no problem with either side for. The only problem I have with any of it is if one side causes a work stoppage. The owners locked out the refs. This is not a strike.

Heath Shuler
09-25-2012, 12:30 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3nDwwXCUAALHXH.jpg:large

eriadoc
09-25-2012, 12:32 AM
The Seahawk player made a clear catch ... of the GB player. ;)

Texn4life
09-25-2012, 12:32 AM
The NFL wants to bring on an entire extra crew for the same overall piece of the pie. So it's a pay cut for each ref. There are other pieces to it as well, and frankly, it's a bunch of business that I have no problem with either side for. The only problem I have with any of it is if one side causes a work stoppage. The owners locked out the refs. This is not a strike.

If I'm not mistaken they'll still be paid the same amount per year and it'll be more money per game, but they'll get less games. Do I have it right? Plus they want them to be full time employees and not have extra jobs I think.

gtexan02
09-25-2012, 12:33 AM

Wow. Simultaneous? Yeah right

mattieuk
09-25-2012, 12:36 AM
If I'm not mistaken they'll still be paid the same amount per year and it'll be more money per game, but they'll get less games. Do I have it right? Plus they want them to be full time employees and not have extra jobs I think.

From what I've read from the referees union their official position is that most of the issue is with the pension plans being switched over to 401(K)'s by the league.

eriadoc
09-25-2012, 12:38 AM

Meh, I'm not going to claim to know the details, and that wasn't really my point. I don't care about the business negotiations, because I'm all about people getting what they can get, especially when you have a multi-billion dollar product that you're helping make successful. All I know is the owners told the refs they couldn't come to work. So no matter what the negotiating differences come down to, the NFL decided they would replace the refs they had with amateurs and screw the fans over in the process.

If you run a business and decide you need to replace some people, you don't run people off without a plan to replace those folks with qualified people. The fact that the NFL is not going to lose any money whatsoever on this just goes to show what I've talked about repeatedly - the owners do not carry risk. Once they've bought in, they just rake until they die. There is almost nothing they can do to screw it up.

Texn4life
09-25-2012, 12:39 AM
From what I've read from the referees union their official position is that most of the issue is with the pension plans being switched over to 401(K)'s by the league.

Well that would make sense. I know on Countdown today they mentioned something about working to develop younger refs so they can smoothly faze out the older refs over time and they said that was an issue as well. I'm sure there are probably plenty of issues they need to workout. They just need to hurry up and get it done. Fans should be talking about the players and the game. Not the guys in stripes.

gtexan02
09-25-2012, 12:40 AM
The fact that the NFL is not going to lose any money whatsoever on this just goes to show what I've talked about repeatedly - the owners do not carry risk. Once they've bought in, they just rake until they die. There is almost nothing they can do to screw it up.

Thats not necessarily true. I've now heard from multiple people that they won't watch NFL games unless their team is playing.

I've even heard the NFLPA is considering striking until the referee negotiations are completed.

We'll see

One more thing: These GB Packers are not the Packers of 2011. They would have won by 20. Scoring 12 points the entire game? Who is this guy they call Aaron Rodgers?

Rey
09-25-2012, 12:42 AM

I have never been that close to NFL action and had to make those determinations that fast, but from the angle he was at and the speed of seeing it in real time, I can understand why that official thought it was a simultaneous catch.

Unfortunately the review process doesn't allow for that type of overturn.

gtexan02
09-25-2012, 12:43 AM
I have never been that close to NFL action and had to make those determinations that fast, but from the angle he was at and the speed of seeing it in real time, I can understand why that official thought it was a simultaneous catch.

Unfortunately the review process doesn't allow for that type of overturn.

Almost makes you feel sorry for these replacements. They really are doing the best job they can, but they've been put in a position to fail and attract the ire of the nation. I hope they can remain anonymous...

Texn4life
09-25-2012, 12:43 AM
Thats not necessarily true. I've now heard from multiple people that they won't watch NFL games unless their team is playing.

I would say those people are full of crap or really aren't football fans. Any true football fan won't be turned away from watching just because of some replacement refs.

Rey
09-25-2012, 12:44 AM

Correct. The refs want the same type of package as the players and coaches, but the NFL considers them part time employees and doesn't want to give them those same type of benefits.

Heath Shuler
09-25-2012, 12:44 AM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/full/661956126.jpg?key=456622&Expires=1348549189&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=eYZVGmfgoGbsJOUiV-BhJ8nc6PujjI9u~~7smuRPjBTrr0Ajp2Qwxuat3JveYBQgHI--DVCA0vumiXcHHMaPVmf4ACqbiA9tmj7P5yYamIu2H20TTfWa2A YfVOgdLHqIz1AWE1KtPacpQ8T1bQdy7p0JtVHvDNgCSdt4yBOF 5r8_

Say Watt
09-25-2012, 12:45 AM

How did it cost you the win? I was almost in the same position. I have the Packers D. Won by 3 points.

This was incredible. I can't believe what I just got done watching. I'm speechless.

eriadoc
09-25-2012, 12:45 AM

First of all, people talk **** and don't follow through. It's what people do. Remember the withdrawals last season when the NFL locked out the players? Yeah. Besides, ticket sales, parking, concessions, and advertising are how the NFL gets the money in. Bud Light is not going to magically sell 10% less beer than they did when the refs were in there. At the end of the day, people will wail and gnash the teeth, but they'll tune in, buy tickets, buy hot dogs, buy beer, visit NFL.com, and order Sunday Ticket.

People have to have their crack. And the most foolproof plan for making money in the world is dispensing crack.

thunderkyss
09-25-2012, 12:51 AM
http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/full/661956126.jpg?key=456622&Expires=1348549189&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=eYZVGmfgoGbsJOUiV-BhJ8nc6PujjI9u~~7smuRPjBTrr0Ajp2Qwxuat3JveYBQgHI--DVCA0vumiXcHHMaPVmf4ACqbiA9tmj7P5yYamIu2H20TTfWa2A YfVOgdLHqIz1AWE1KtPacpQ8T1bQdy7p0JtVHvDNgCSdt4yBOF 5r8_

The title of this thread says it all. 8 sacks in the first half. The Packers don't need to be crying about bad referees. They need to be crying about poor offensive line play, poor receiver play, poor play calling to open a game. They got their asses handed to them & now it's the referees fault they lost the game.... boo freak'n who.

Well, McCarthy handled it well. If the Packers did their job to the best of their ability (we've seen them play better) then it wouldn't have mattered how poorly the refs did their job.

Vinny
09-25-2012, 12:52 AM
First of all, people talk **** and don't follow through. It's what people do. Remember the withdrawals last season when the NFL locked out the players? Yeah. Besides, ticket sales, parking, concessions, and advertising are how the NFL gets the money in. Bud Light is not going to magically sell 10% less beer than they did when the refs were in there. At the end of the day, people will wail and gnash the teeth, but they'll tune in, buy tickets, buy hot dogs, buy beer, visit NFL.com, and order Sunday Ticket.

People have to have their crack. And the most foolproof plan for making money in the world is dispensing crack.
I agree. To me its been an awesome week 3 - great games all weekend long...product still exciting. I think the league ownership is myopic...but I can't wait for week 4. It's still about the players and the schemes. F the greed.

AMartin56
09-25-2012, 12:53 AM
The real refs are concerned about the new rules the league wants to put into place that could make them easy to replace for bad performance. I'm all for getting rid of bad refs, but I can also see their point to a certain extent. I'm sure being a NFL ref can be pretty stressful and in a way it makes sense for them to be the 'supreme court' and have the freedom to make calls without feeling like they will be yanked by big brother if they screw up.

Rey
09-25-2012, 12:54 AM

Haha...

NFL should go back and award the pack the win. They earned it. Thats an interception.

gtexan02
09-25-2012, 12:57 AM
"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?"
-Roger Goodell

AMartin56
09-25-2012, 12:58 AM
Haha...

NFL should go back and award the pack the win. They earned it. Thats an interception.

If the NFL cared about the integrity of the game at all they would announce an end to the lockout tomorrow and award the Packers with a win. It would open up a can of worms since a lot of teams could claim they go screwed but being the last play of the game this is pretty cut and dry.

gtexan02
09-25-2012, 01:01 AM
If the NFL cared about the integrity of the game at all they would announce an end to the lockout tomorrow and award the Packers with a win. It would open up a can of worms since a lot of teams could claim they go screwed but being the last play of the game this is pretty cut and dry.

What about the Broncos Chargers game that Ed Hochuli admitted he messed up? They didn't go back and re determine that game.

Whats done is done. Pack lost

Say Watt
09-25-2012, 01:02 AM

Holy crap. This seems like a setup. That ref #26 was right there and is seeing exactly what we are seeing from this angle. How in the hell does he rule this a TD?!? It is blatant from this angle who has the ball yet this is the ref that signals it.

The Pack got screwed.

Vinny
09-25-2012, 01:04 AM
These pics are after the Packer rolled over bit. It doesn't look that bad in the video. I'm not agreeing with the call mind you...just that it wasn't that obvious looking on video. It looks totally one sided in a still after he starts to pull away.

Vinny
09-25-2012, 01:05 AM
Twitter is cracking me up tonight...

Those refs should be forced to line up in victory formation against Greg Schiano's Buccaneers

If this were a soccer match in South America, the Packers start chasing the replacement refs around the field and into the tunnel.

DX-TEX
09-25-2012, 01:07 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibcwjidShbI1j4.gif

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!!!

gtexan02
09-25-2012, 01:08 AM
Meh, I'm not going to claim to know the details, and that wasn't really my point.

I think its time to start putting equal blame where it belongs. From the other thread, from 'cak

“Game officials on average earned almost $150,000 in 2011. Prior to the start of the lockout, we proposed a 7-year deal that would have increased average game official’s compensation more than 7 percent to just over $161,000 in 2012, and further increase that average to more than $189,000 by 2018. In addition, we have offered a generous defined contribution retirement plan, with average contributions of $16,500 in 2012, increasing to more than $22,300 per game official by 2018. Officials also receive numerous other benefits, including severance equal to one year’s game fees and postseason bonus, a period of guaranteed ‘time off’ from the end of the season through mid-May of each year, first-class air travel, and
partial reimbursement for medical insurance for officials who do not have insurance through their other jobs.”

toronto
09-25-2012, 01:10 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibcwjidshbi1j4.gif

it was me all along!!!

lol

eriadoc
09-25-2012, 01:13 AM
I think its time to start putting equal blame where it belongs. From the other thread, from 'cak

None of that stopped them from coming to work. They can want a million dollars per game. They can complain about benefits, compensation, no M&Ms in the review booth ... whatever. But as long as they keep showing up and working for the contract they signed, I don't care what they're demanding, because the deal is in ink. If they strike, then we can talk. They didn't. Maybe they would have next year, or the year after, or whatever. But they did not strike. The NFL locked them out. That is 100% blame right there. You can dicker about business, argue about pay, whatever ... but the NFL is 100% to blame for the refs not working right now because THEY ... LOCKED ... THEM ... OUT.

If I go to work and demand double my salary, my boss will tell me no and get my ass back to work. As long as neither one of us terminates that relationship, my demands are pretty irrelevant.

Vinny
09-25-2012, 01:20 AM
blowing twitter the puck up!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3nUB8sCEAEczZZ.jpg:large

gtexan02
09-25-2012, 01:22 AM
None of that stopped them from coming to work. They can want a million dollars per game. They can complain about benefits, compensation, no M&Ms in the review booth ... whatever. But as long as they keep showing up and working for the contract they signed, I don't care what they're demanding, because the deal is in ink. If they strike, then we can talk. They didn't. Maybe they would have next year, or the year after, or whatever. But they did not strike. The NFL locked them out. That is 100% blame right there. You can dicker about business, argue about pay, whatever ... but the NFL is 100% to blame for the refs not working right now because THEY ... LOCKED ... THEM ... OUT.

If I go to work and demand double my salary, my boss will tell me no and get my ass back to work. As long as neither one of us terminates that relationship, my demands are pretty irrelevant.

Thats just it. They didn't have a contract. Their CBA was expired. They needed a new one to work, and they were given a favorable offer and turned it down.
Therefore the NFL locked them out

eriadoc
09-25-2012, 01:27 AM
Thats just it. They didn't have a contract. Their CBA was expired. They needed a new one to work, and they were given a favorable offer and turned it down.
Therefore the NFL locked them out

If the CBA was expired and there was no contract in place, then that's also on the NFL 100%. If you let a contract expire, you need to have a plan. Seriously, you can't just expect people to cowtow to whatever offer you put out there, no matter how good it is or you think it is. Right of refusal is always there, by both parties. The only thing that is in play as far as we're concerned is what business decision the NFL makes to deliver its product to us. As it stands, the NFL had a plan that consisted of, A.) make an offer and hope they take it, but if they don't, B.) hire amateurs. Seriously? THAT's the best plan a multi-billion dollar industry can come up with?

Vinny
09-25-2012, 01:37 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3nWJFaCYAABEYJ.jpg

gtexan02
09-25-2012, 01:38 AM
If the CBA was expired and there was no contract in place, then that's also on the NFL 100%. If you let a contract expire, you need to have a plan. Seriously, you can't just expect people to cowtow to whatever offer you put out there, no matter how good it is or you think it is. Right of refusal is always there, by both parties. The only thing that is in play as far as we're concerned is what business decision the NFL makes to deliver its product to us. As it stands, the NFL had a plan that consisted of, A.) make an offer and hope they take it, but if they don't, B.) hire amateurs. Seriously? THAT's the best plan a multi-billion dollar industry can come up with?

I understand your point, I just don't agree.

The contract expired, the NFL offered a fair extension, the referees turned it down.

Part of the blame lies with the NFL, part of the blame lies with the referees.

What would you have liked to happen? The NFL cowtow to any demand the refs may make because "the show must go on?"

They've been working on these negotiations a long time, and both parties have to find compromises or they will continue working for even longer.

Texn4life
09-25-2012, 01:40 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3nWJFaCYAABEYJ.jpg

HAHAHAHAH! These dudes are shooting for top spot on the fine list this week! This will be interesting.

eriadoc
09-25-2012, 01:58 AM
What would you have liked to happen? The NFL cowtow to any demand the refs may make because "the show must go on?"

No. I'd like to see them have a better business plan than hiring amateurs. If that's training refs years in advance, good. If that's hiring D1 officials instead of guys that were fired from the Lingerie Football League, even better. It's obvious they have some officials working for them, because they're in the replay booth. So they could have had a better business plan than what they've executed. But at the end of the day, they don't give a damn, because there's no real fallout from their crappy plan of hiring amateurs. Not only will there be no real fallout, people are pointing fingers at the employees!

silentassassin
09-25-2012, 02:03 AM
Maybe this is poor timing and ill advised, but I'll crack the joke anyways :P.

This is REAL entertainment.

You can't disagree with that.

rolyat93
09-25-2012, 02:04 AM
Desmond bishopVerified
‏@Desbishop55
BREAKING -JaMarcus Russell eyeing return to NFL after discovering games can be won by throwing interceptions. http://yfrog.com/oevljedtj ” Lolol
Reply Retweet Favorite

kiwitexansfan
09-25-2012, 03:00 AM
Desmond bishopVerified
‏@Desbishop55
BREAKING -JaMarcus Russell eyeing return to NFL after discovering games can be won by throwing interceptions. http://yfrog.com/oevljedtj ” Lolol
Reply Retweet Favorite

That is funny.

On the TD/INT I think you could make a case for shared possession of the ball (maybe) but the push off was BLATANT.

brakos82
09-25-2012, 03:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/GbQHH.png

infantrycak
09-25-2012, 03:49 AM
On the TD/INT I think you could make a case for shared possession of the ball (maybe) but the push off was BLATANT.

Gruden said flat out you are not getting that offensive PI call on a hail mary.

I thought one of the telling things was the two refs standing there came to opposite conclusions and gave opposite signals on who had possession of the ball. That certainly seems to indicate the issue was in doubt and it was arguably shared.

Gruden also sounded like he was about to cry though.

TheMatrix31
09-25-2012, 03:55 AM
That Clay Matthews number thing is a fake account.

Texn4life
09-25-2012, 03:58 AM

I thought one of the telling things was the two refs standing there came to opposite conclusions and gave opposite signals on who had possession of the ball. That certainly seems to indicate the issue was in doubt and it was arguably shared.

Gerry Austin said the same thing. He said in that situation you let them play. League will probably address that if that's the case. You can't have an old ref saying you can just push guys down on a hail mary if you want.

Gruden did seem like somebody just kicked his dog. Maybe it was because he used to coach in GB. But Dilfer and Steve Young both seemed personally upset by it too. I think guys who have invested so much of their lives into the game just hate to see the outcome dictated because of greed. Arian put it best though when he said drama sells. You think this won't be talked about all day tomorrow? It's the gift and the curse.

Texn4life
09-25-2012, 04:00 AM
That Clay Matthews number thing is a fake account.

I wouldn't think Clay would be that stupid. I just saw the screen shot, but no one would do such a dumb thing like that. Ummm, I better retract that statement. This is the NFL we're talking about. Guys do some pretty stupid things. The NBA is embarrassed by the NFL right now.

PapaL
09-25-2012, 06:23 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/25/mudyzaba.jpg

TimeKiller
09-25-2012, 08:20 AM
It may have been a weak 2 hands but Tate had 2 hands and 2 feet when Jennings had 2 hands and 2 feet. I really think they may have gotten that call right, after oh so many calls went wrong. It almost seems scripted. Of course, the general public has been dying for something to lambast these replacements with so they got their pie. If the NFL decides to quiet the storm NOW as opposed to whenever else they would do it, I say shame on all of us from the most uninformed fan to Roger himself. I don't think the real refs would've done any better and I don't think the NFL is solely to blame for their absence. Frankly, I can't believe everyone is making such a big deal about getting them back when it seems like all anyone ever did was complain about them in the first place.

Mad respect to coach McCarthy for his handling of the situation. I can't believe he sent 11 guys back out, I can't believe they actually lined up. He turned that press conference on it's ass and flat out said we're not talking about it. I'm sure he's spitting hell now, you could see the fire raging behind his eyes but to grip that much emotion and hold it down? That's why he's one of 32.

TejasTom
09-25-2012, 08:21 AM
I thought I knew what possession was until the "Calvin Johnson Rule"
This must be the "Golden Tate Corrollary"

TK beat me to this by a few seconds.
I think, Tate's got two feet on the ground first with his hands on the ball.

ChrisG
09-25-2012, 08:26 AM
It looked like Jennings had caught the ball then Tate reached in. But even if it was a dual catch, Tate should have been called for offensive PI. He shoved a GB player out of the way so he could make the catch

gwallaia
09-25-2012, 09:09 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/gwallaia/301434_367565813318578_199430887_n.jpg

Mr teX
09-25-2012, 09:26 AM
I thought I knew what possession was until the "Calvin Johnson Rule"
This must be the "Golden Tate Corrollary"

TK beat me to this by a few seconds.
I think, Tate's got two feet on the ground first with his hands on the ball.

whoever had their feet on the ground first is irrelevant, i didn't hear any of the people talking about it right after it happened last night make mention of that at all.

What they did make mention of was who brought the ball into their chest first......& that was clearly Jennings. As soon as Jennings did that, which he did before he even got his feet to the ground, simultaneous possession took a back seat.

disaacks3
09-25-2012, 09:53 AM
...and to think i turned the game off after the failed 4th down conversion with ~1:56 left.

:toropalm: :wadepalm: :kubepalm:

Yes, i had to get the little girl off to bed, but I have a DVR!

Playoffs
09-25-2012, 09:53 AM
Was a a bad call, but reviewable by the non-replacement replay official and the non-replacement league supervisor who chose not to overturn it. Options created because of the lockout.

TejasTom
09-25-2012, 10:31 AM
whoever had their feet on the ground first is irrelevant, i didn't hear any of the people talking about it right after it happened last night make mention of that at all.

What they did make mention of was who brought the ball into their chest first......& that was clearly Jennings. As soon as Jennings did that, which he did before he even got his feet to the ground, simultaneous possession took a back seat.

I made no reference to what the talking heads were saying. I am referencing the rules.

You don't have possession (you can have control but not possession) in the air or with one foot on the ground whether it’s against your chest or not.

Article 3 Completed or Intercepted Pass. A player who makes a catch may advance the ball. A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:
(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and
(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feetor with any part of his body other than his hands;

It’s this part that is iffy...it did appear Tate grabbed the ball and pulled it and Jennings toward and on top of him. Tate controlled the ball and Jennings and had two feet on the ground. Jennings was still in the air.

(c) maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to perform any act common to the game

toronto
09-25-2012, 10:56 AM
It may have been a weak 2 hands but Tate had 2 hands and 2 feet when Jennings had 2 hands and 2 feet. I really think they may have gotten that call right, after oh so many calls went wrong. It almost seems scripted. Of course, the general public has been dying for something to lambast these replacements with so they got their pie. If the NFL decides to quiet the storm NOW as opposed to whenever else they would do it, I say shame on all of us from the most uninformed fan to Roger himself. I don't think the real refs would've done any better and I don't think the NFL is solely to blame for their absence. Frankly, I can't believe everyone is making such a big deal about getting them back when it seems like all anyone ever did was complain about them in the first place.

Mad respect to coach McCarthy for his handling of the situation. I can't believe he sent 11 guys back out, I can't believe they actually lined up. He turned that press conference on it's ass and flat out said we're not talking about it. I'm sure he's spitting hell now, you could see the fire raging behind his eyes but to grip that much emotion and hold it down? That's why he's one of 32.

He is smart enough to know that Goodell would have fined him and the team if they didn't come back out, and also knew the second he opened his mouth on the screwjob it was costing him 1k per word.

Mr teX
09-25-2012, 11:17 AM
I made no reference to what the talking heads were saying. I am referencing the rules.

You don't have possession (you can have control but not possession) in the air or with one foot on the ground whether it’s against your chest or not.

It’s this part that is iffy...it did appear Tate grabbed the ball and pulled it and Jennings toward and on top of him. Tate controlled the ball and Jennings and had two feet on the ground. Jennings was still in the air.

you're clearly overlooking the (A) portion of that though. Tate, at no point had control. He had 1 arm in initially & only got the 2nd in once Jennings was came down. Jennings had both arms and craddled it. That is control. Both players came down inbounds so who had their feet on the ground first (which is what you said in your initial post) is irrelevant.

Besides, i doubt that's the spirit of the rule anyway. That rule was likely put in place to prevent defensive players from claiming to have possesion on every play that they got 1 hand in on as they often have to jump around recievers with 1 hand to defend the pass; recievers usually don't have to do that b/c the ball is thrown to them. That's likely why simultaneous possesion is always awarded to the offense as well.

last night, all of this happened, the roles were just completely reversed!

Porky
09-25-2012, 11:32 AM
That was horrible. The first week, there was a few questionable calls but nothing real game impacting. The second week, it got dicier and by this last weekend it was really bad.

Let's not forget that NE also got ripped off. That FG was wide right imo - that game should have been a NE win.

And last night, that last call really, really, really bad, not only in function but in form. The ref with the best position to see it made an INT call at the exact same time #86 ref signals TD. They should have conferred first...but there were two other extremely questionable calls that went against GB in the last few min of the game as well making one wonder.

Let's not forget that KJ PI call in the 4th qtr against Denver. If Manning pulls off a miracle, I can guarantee you we would all be pointing to that phantom PI call, which was one of several very questionable calls during that game as well.

Whatever the NFL needs to do to get the ref's back, they need to do it. This is a billion dollar industry and they are fighting over who gets more peanuts in their bag....meanwhile the reputation of the NFL is suffering and people can no longer trust in the integrity of the game and the integrity of the outcome. That is a MAJOR issue. It makes me wonder if #86 ref had made a stop in Vegas.

ChrisG
09-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Was a a bad call, but reviewable by the non-replacement replay official and the non-replacement league supervisor who chose not to overturn it. Options created because of the lockout.

Per the broadcasters last night, who caught the ball is not reviewable. That is a decision made on the field

toronto
09-25-2012, 11:36 AM
That was horrible. The first week, there was a few questionable calls but nothing real game impacting. The second week, it got dicier and by this last weekend it was really bad.

Let's not forget that NE also got ripped off. That FG was wide right imo - that game should have been a NE win.

And last night, that last call really, really, really bad, not only in function but in form. The ref with the best position to see it made an INT call at the exact same time #86 ref signals TD. They should have conferred first...but there were two other extremely questionable calls that went against GB in the last few min of the game as well making one wonder.

Let's not forget that KJ PI call in the 4th qtr against Denver. If Manning pulls off a miracle, I can guarantee you we would all be pointing to that phantom PI call, which was one of several very questionable calls during that game as well.

Whatever the NFL needs to do to get the ref's back, they need to do it. This is a billion dollar industry and they are fighting over who gets more peanuts in their bag....meanwhile the reputation of the NFL is suffering and people can no longer trust in the integrity of the game and the integrity of the outcome. That is a MAJOR issue. It makes me wonder if #86 ref had made a stop in Vegas.

Only people powerful enough IMO to convince the owners/Goodell to come to their senses are in the corporate offices of NBC, CBS, ABC/ESPN and Fox. Maybe now that one of their flagship franchises spotlighted a ton in primetime is now having their season possibly ****ed, someone that matters is actually pissed, because Goodell could give a rats ass about what TJ Lang or Drew Brees tweets.

toronto
09-25-2012, 11:39 AM

The NFL lover in Gruden came out there - you could see that what he had just witnessed was killing him inside.

The Michaels/Collingsworth diatribe near the end of the NBC game was also rare air for Michaels - he's normally pretty level headed but even he said this had to stop, and that was before last night's debacle.

The Pencil Neck
09-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Glad the Seahawks won. Gives me more confidence we'll win in two weeks.

Prior to this game, I had big worries about the Green Bay game prior to last night. Now? Not so much. The Seahawks only had 2 sacks prior to last night and that Packer O-Line made them look like the second coming of the Purple People Eaters.

Playoffs
09-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Digest of Rules Main
Unfair Acts
Commissioner’s Authority

The Commissioner has sole authority to investigate and to take appropriate disciplinary or corrective measures if any club action, nonparticipant interference, or emergency occurs in an NFL game which he deems so unfair or outside the accepted tactics encountered in professional football that such action has a major effect on the result of a game.

No Club Protests

The authority and measures provided for in this section (UNFAIR ACTS) do not constitute a protest machinery for NFL clubs to dispute the result of a game. The Commissioner will conduct an investigation under this section only to review an act or occurrence that he deems so unfair that the result of the game in question may be inequitable to one of the participating teams. The Commissioner will not apply his authority under this section when a club registers a complaint concerning judgmental errors or routine errors of omission by game officials. Games involving such complaints will continue to stand as completed.

Penalties for Unfair Acts

The Commissioner’s powers under this section (UNFAIR ACTS) include the imposition of monetary fines and draft choice forfeitures, suspension of persons involved, and, if appropriate, the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred. In the event of rescheduling a game, the Commissioner will be guided by the procedures specified above ("Procedures for Starting and Resuming Games" under EMERGENCIES). In all cases, the Commissioner will conduct a full investigation, including the opportunity for hearings, use of game videotape, and any other procedures he deems appropriate.

CloakNNNdagger
09-25-2012, 11:48 AM
I don't know what you all are complaining about. The call was clear and concise.

http://p.twimg.com/A3nL4b9CIAA1v4K.jpg

pbat488
09-25-2012, 11:51 AM

Per the broadcasters last night, who caught the ball is not reviewable. That is a decision made on the field

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2021415&postcount=76

gwallaia
09-25-2012, 11:55 AM
I wonder if next year's version of Madden will have replacement refs that screw up games?

Playoffs
09-25-2012, 11:58 AM
not reviewable

Under normal circumstances, the decision would be made exclusively by the referee. Now, with the non-replacement league supervisor in the replay booth along with the non-replacement replay official, the procedure has been, we’re told, blurred a bit, allowing the replacement referee to get input...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/25/non-replacements-had-a-hand-in-last-nights-debacle-too/

Trap_Star
09-25-2012, 12:00 PM
http://oi46.tinypic.com/1to9c1.jpg

utahmark
09-25-2012, 12:14 PM
If he would of just batted the ball down, would'nt be none of this.:kitten:

ChrisG
09-25-2012, 12:18 PM
i wonder if next year's version of madden will have replacement refs that screw up games?

lmao

TejasTom
09-25-2012, 12:45 PM
NFL statement on MNF controversy (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000066164/article/nfl-supports-decision-to-not-overturn-seahawks-touchdown?module=HP11_headline_stack)

In Monday's game between the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks, Seattle faced a 4th-and-10 from the Green Bay 24 with eight seconds remaining in the game.

Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson threw a pass into the end zone. Several players, including Seattle wide receiver Golden Tate and Green Bay safety M.D. Jennings, jumped into the air in an attempt to catch the ball.

While the ball is in the air, Tate can be seen shoving Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields to the ground. This should have been a penalty for offensive pass interference, which would have ended the game. It was not called and is not reviewable in instant replay.

When the players hit the ground in the end zone, the officials determined that both Tate and Jennings had possession of the ball. Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. The result of the play was a touchdown.

Replay Official Howard Slavin stopped the game for an instant replay review. The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.

The result of the game is final.

A player (or players) jumping in the air has not legally gained possession of the ball until he satisfies the elements of a catch listed here. Link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000066164/article/nfl-supports-decision-to-not-overturn-seahawks-touchdown?module=HP11_headline_stack)

ChrisG
09-25-2012, 01:04 PM
SMH. i knew the nfl would not back down. They have been turning a blind eye to the problem. Telling coaches not to complain about to refs cause it looks bad. This looks even worse

From now on, when they throw a hail mary the offensive team should prevent the defender from touching the ground until they can get a hand on the ball. That way it is a "simultaneous" catch, because possession doesn't start until his touches the ground, while he is in the air apparently he is in the twilight zone until where the ball is still fair game. Have everyone hold him up. LOL, this is a complete joke by the NFL

gwallaia
09-25-2012, 01:42 PM
I glanced over at a Seahawks message board and most of their fans are smart enough to know it was a bad call, but an interesting and understandable point of view is taken. They assert, correctly no doubt, that the Seahawks have been victims of bad calls in the past that have cost them games and therefore many of them don't feel bad that it is in their favor this time.

It immediately led me to this thought, if the Pittsburgh Steelers are ever directly screwed over by the refs and it costs them a playoff game, I would be perfectly fine with that.

eriadoc
09-25-2012, 01:44 PM
I glanced over at a Seahawks message board and most of their fans are smart enough to know it was a bad call, but an interesting and understandable point of view is taken. They assert, correctly no doubt, that the Seahawks have been victims of bad calls in the past that have cost them games and therefore many of them don't feel bad that it is in their favor this time.

It immediately led me to this thought, if the Pittsburgh Steelers are ever directly screwed over by the refs and it costs them a playoff game, I would be perfectly fine with that.

HELL YES! And yeah, the Seachickens were screwed out of what would very likely have been a Super Bowl win by the refs over the Steelers.

Mr teX
09-25-2012, 02:01 PM

i dont even think i was born when that went down so i can't really relate...but i imagine it was a dumpster fire of a situation down here when it went down............but, that call itself didn't directly cause us to lose like this call did for the packers. Not even the seahawks in that SB can claim that.

TBH, the only team who can relate is the raiders...too many calls/non-calls/incorrect calls have directly resulted in that team losing & winning.

Dutchrudder
09-25-2012, 02:03 PM
i dont even think i was born when that went down so i can't really relate...but i imagine it was a dumpster fire of a situation down here when it went down............but, that call itself didn't directly cause us to lose like this call did. Not even the seahawks in that SB can claim that.

TBH, the only team who can relate is the raiders...too many calls/non-calls/incorrect calls have directly resulted in that team losing & winning.

The Seahawks/Steelers Super Bowl was in 2006. Seahawks had Shaun Alexander score something like 28 regular season TDs that year. You can watch some of the bad calls here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyxXqhzCTu8

Mr teX
09-25-2012, 02:05 PM
The Seahawks/Steelers Super Bowl was in 2006. Seahawks had Shaun Alexander score something like 28 regular season TDs that year. You can watch some of the bad calls here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyxXqhzCTu8

Talking about this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gCFx5jC_q4

..sorry luv ya blue fans

toronto
09-25-2012, 02:59 PM
Talking about this....

..sorry luv ya blue fans

8 years old. watching with my dad. GG/GL to the TV set. I still to this day remember every last filthy word that came out of his mouth as he went bonkers.

I can't remember family bdays but somehow, I can't forget this. I'm an idiot.

eriadoc
09-25-2012, 03:09 PM
8 years old. watching with my dad. GG/GL to the TV set. I still to this day remember every last filthy word that came out of his mouth as he went bonkers.

Heh, a lifetime of memories are punctuated and timelined by sports and music for me. I was only 5 years old, but I remember everything surrounding my first Astros game in the Dome. At 5 years old, you don't remember much, but I remember the entire day. I remember everything about my life when the Cougars lost the Nat' Championship to NC State. I remember everything about my life when Aldine won the State Championship in football. I remember everything surrounding 35-3. I remember the Renfro catch in the same way. C'est la vie.

Dutchrudder
09-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Talking about this....

..sorry luv ya blue fans

Oh, I wasn't around back then either. Looks to me like a clear touchdown, but then again I don't have money on the line...

toronto
09-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Heh, a lifetime of memories are punctuated and timelined by sports and music for me. I was only 5 years old, but I remember everything surrounding my first Astros game in the Dome. At 5 years old, you don't remember much, but I remember the entire day. I remember everything about my life when the Cougars lost the Nat' Championship to NC State. I remember everything about my life when Aldine won the State Championship in football. I remember everything surrounding 35-3. I remember the Renfro catch in the same way. C'est la vie.

I also get to take to my grave the joy of knowing I witnessed Ryan's no-no in '81 in person. Guess I got a little sunshine there as a kid. That sunshine was taken away because guess what? I was at Rich stadium for 35-3. Don ****ing Beebe and Frank ****ing Reich. The 1 week cold I caught from the miserable weather was a nice bonus too, not to mention the hell I took leaving the stadium in 'man tears.'

I also remember the Lorenzo Charles dunk, and remembering what I wanted to do with Guy Lewis and his endless parade of plaid suits.

Sports lol.

gwallaia
09-25-2012, 03:25 PM

This topic on sports and life is worthy of its own thread.

eriadoc
09-25-2012, 03:27 PM
This topic on sports and life is worthy of its own thread.

Good idea. But in which forum should I start it?

gwallaia
09-25-2012, 03:29 PM
I guess the No Sports section. LOL.

eriadoc
09-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Done. We can now talk sports in the No Sports Talk forum. ;)

Mr teX
09-25-2012, 03:47 PM

the year that happened was my birth year so i know definitely that i was barely around...kinda glad too..One less houston sports heartbreaking moment i had to live through.

Now 35-3 was a different story. I vaguely remember the sense of pride i had knowing that my boys were going to be going to the SB, my dad..:hurrah:....:drunk:. I wound up leaving to go play outside figuring our boys had it in hand.....................:wadepalm:

disaacks3
09-25-2012, 04:00 PM

Change of possession and turnovers are automatically reviewable. you have to determine possession to determine IF a turnover actually occurred.

The NFL simply has no "out" here.

TimeKiller
09-25-2012, 04:34 PM
He is smart enough to know that Goodell would have fined him and the team if they didn't come back out, and also knew the second he opened his mouth on the screwjob it was costing him 1k per word.

I think Goodell probably would've understood a forfeit, all things considered.

As for the press conference, he's got the money to lay it all out there. The fact that he didn't, that he would barely even acknowledge it says more about him being a man than any string of words could've.

DexmanC
09-25-2012, 05:42 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibcwjidShbI1j4.gif

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!!!

Seems like the return of the "XFL" is on the horizon. It will feature
crazy camera angles, and "He Hate Me, Mayne."

ObsiWan
09-25-2012, 05:53 PM
blowing twitter the puck up!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3nUB8sCEAEczZZ.jpg:large

Pam Anderson??
Who does she play for??
:mcnugget:

brakos82
09-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Pam Anderson??
Who does she play for??
:mcnugget:

I'm guessing another one of Romo's girlfriends. :kitten:

Double Barrel
09-25-2012, 06:32 PM
I also get to take to my grave the joy of knowing I witnessed Ryan's no-no in '81 in person. Guess I got a little sunshine there as a kid. That sunshine was taken away because guess what? I was at Rich stadium for 35-3. Don ****ing Beebe and Frank ****ing Reich. The 1 week cold I caught from the miserable weather was a nice bonus too, not to mention the hell I took leaving the stadium in 'man tears.'

I also remember the Lorenzo Charles dunk, and remembering what I wanted to do with Guy Lewis and his endless parade of plaid suits.

Sports lol.

Dang, man, you're like the Forrest Gump of bad Houston sports moments. :winky:

toronto
09-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Dang, man, you're like the Forrest Gump of bad Houston sports moments. :winky:

Lol plus I was at the Leafs Canes East Final Game 6 that they lost in OT and got eliminated.

At least I have good luck at Springsteen shows.

HJam72
09-26-2012, 09:31 PM
They should've just let Tate and whats-his-name play thumb-wars for it.

thunderkyss
09-27-2012, 09:50 AM
How many games has poor officiating by the real refs cost us?

I think we're blowing this out of proportion.

Mr teX
09-27-2012, 10:20 AM
How many games has poor officiating by the real refs cost us?

I think we're blowing this out of proportion.

that's a tricky question. if you're talking [B]strickly about just flat out game-deciding calls where game deciding points are wiped off the board/put on the board/game ending TO's.... there really aren't that many...off the top of my head..

immaculate reception
seahawks steelers superbowl (numerous calls)
jets vs. seahawks (vinny testaverde qb sneak game)
bucs vs. rams wildcard game (reidel anthony catch /no catch play)
tuck rule game
& there was some game Ed Hoculi screwed up that cost the broncos a game a few years back.

considering the number of years the "regular refs" have been at it, that's not alot. The replacements had only been at it for 3 weeks and managed to botch numerous calls in 1 game the span of 4 minutes that ultimately cost the GB the game.

If you're talking about momentum swinging.....well there's tons of those

Look, Noboby's saying that the regular refs are perfect...most fans/coaches can live with a bad call here & there...but these replacement refs were ruining the flow of the game & were clearly overmatched. I mean how in the hell do you allow a coach to swindle you out of not 1 but 2 replays when he had none to begin with? If even 1 of those calls is reversed due to 1 of those replays harbaguh shouldn't have got,SF gets the ball back & score & comes back to win that game.......That's just complete incompetence man.