looks like his right elbow

thunderkyss
09-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis

Matt schaub going in for x rays - looks like rite elbow

That can't be rite.

TheMatrix31
Son of a ****ing *****. God help me if Schaub is injured AGAIN by THUGGERY.

Goatcheese
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

texanhead08
09-23-2012, 07:18 PM
They said he was going to the locker room in the first half and he was on the bench.

Hervoyel
09-23-2012, 07:21 PM
Basically Del Rio's game plan for Schaub has always been to try and knock the snot out of him until he ceased to be effective or knock him out of the game entirely, whichever came first. He did the same thing today. Those two plays that resulted in 15 yard penalties and easily could have passed as felony assault were the Denver defense (read: Del Rio) deciding that they'd had enough of Matt's hot hand.

If fines don't come down for this it will be a travesty. I used to dread the Texans road game to Jacksonville for just this reason. Del Rio is a piece of excrement whose teams have always done this.

TexansFanatic
09-23-2012, 07:24 PM
If fines don't come down for this it will be a travesty.

I'm thinking whopper fines AND suspensions. I'd suspend Joe Mays for a freaking year.

EllisUnit
09-23-2012, 07:24 PM
I saw schaub go into the locker room and was back on the field by the time the D got done. I watched him and he looked good. Chill people i'm sure its just precaution.

DX-TEX
09-23-2012, 07:25 PM
I saw schaub go into the locker room and was back on the field by the time the D got done. I watched him and he looked good. Chill people i'm sure its just precaution.

My thoughts exactly.

LikeMike
09-23-2012, 07:26 PM
I was fearing this... But he looked fine out there at the end of the game, hope its just a precautionary measure. We need Matt to stay healthy!

HJam72
09-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Personally, I think a couple late hits on Manning were in order and I'm not kidding. Ya wanna play that way? DO YA?!!?!?!?!?

bo orlando
09-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Basically Del Rio's game plan for Schaub was to try and knock the snot out of him until he ceased to be effective or knock him out of the game entirely, whichever came first. He did the same thing today. Those two plays that resulted in 15 yard penalties and easily could have passed as felony assault were the Denver defense (read: Del Rio) deciding that they'd had enough of Matt's hot hand.

If fines don't come down for this it will be a travesty. I used to dread the Texans road game to Jacksonville for just this reason. Del Rio is a piece of excrement whose teams have always done this.

While there were certainly some finable hits, I don't know how much you can criticize the strategy. Texans run a finesse offense with play-action on almost every play, running or passing. The downside for the Texans is that it creates a lot of slow-developing plays, and often leaves the quarterback vulnerable on rollouts. As a d-coordinator, why wouldn't you try to exploit this by pinning back your ears and going hard after the QB? Read and react, and you're going to get misdirected to death.

False Start
09-23-2012, 07:30 PM
If fines don't come down for this it will be a travesty..

No doubt that hit that took his helmet off was just straight up trying to hurt him.

TheMatrix31
09-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Personally, I think a couple late hits on Manning were in order and I'm not kidding. Ya wanna play that way? DO YA?!!?!?!?!?

Screw that.

Hervoyel
09-23-2012, 07:37 PM
While there were certainly some finable hits, I don't know how much you can criticize the strategy. Texans run a finesse offense with play-action on almost every play, running or passing. The downside for the Texans is that it creates a lot of slow-developing plays, and often leaves the quarterback vulnerable on rollouts. As a d-coordinator, why wouldn't you try to exploit this by pinning back your ears and going hard after the QB? Read and react, and you're going to get misdirected to death.

It's been an effective strategy. I'm not questioning that. I like my NFL with QB's having to take hits just like the next guy. I'm just pointing out that over the years I've watched Del Rio coached teams and defenses now plant Matt's shoulder in the turf, hit him late over and over again, and basically walk the line between legal and illegal contact for years now. The man coaches a dirty defense and always has.

Hervoyel
09-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Screw that.

I agree, particularly since even mild contact with "His Peyton-ness" results in a 15 yard roughing the passer call. No sense rolling out the red carpet for him like that.

HJam72
09-23-2012, 07:40 PM
It's been an effective strategy. I'm not questioning that. I like my NFL with QB's having to take hits just like the next guy. I'm just pointing out that over the years I've watched Del Rio coached teams and defenses now plant Matt's shoulder in the turf, hit him late over and over again, and basically walk the line between legal and illegal contact for years now. The man coaches a dirty defense and always has.

And what have we done about it? :butterfly:

You don't wait too find out the league isn't going to do ****e because you are not a coastal team. You hurt somebody and make these coaches think three times, not just twice, before they pull that kind of crap on your team again.

HJam72
09-23-2012, 07:42 PM
The way it ought to be, Peyton should have been refusing to go back out onto the field after what he saw them do to Schaub, out of fear for his own safety.

Joe Texan
09-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Suspend the coach and the player

Hervoyel
09-23-2012, 07:45 PM
And what have we done about it? :butterfly:

You don't wait too find out the league isn't going to do ****e because you are not a coastal team. You hurt somebody and make these coaches think three times, not just twice, before they pull that kind of crap on your team again.

You can't retaliate against Manning. He and Brady enjoy a preference where calls are concerned that rivals some NBA players. You go after him and you will see suspensions come down. Of that I have no doubt. You also can't go telling players to retaliate in this day and age.

If I was a member of the Texans OL though I wouldn't have any qualms about rolling up on some Denver ankles after those two hits on my QB. If the Texans don't want to do that I can't fault them for it. They're professionals. At the same time there's a "book" on how to beat most, make that every team in the NFL. Teams follow those plans to the best of their ability and one of the reasons I think Schaub is injured so much is that defenses know that getting to him hard will take him out of his game. They're going to keep coming until someone makes them pay for doing it.

bo orlando
09-23-2012, 07:46 PM

You're right, but if Kubiak's going to continue calling deep passes into the 4th quarter then Schaub's gonna get some hits. I'm not blaming Kubiak necessarily, but games like this are going to happen with his offense. NFL d-coordinators are not typically gentle souls in case you haven't noticed.

Giant Tiger
09-23-2012, 07:48 PM
Don't want to hijack this thread, but what happened to get Duane Brown so upset near the end of the game? It was the scuffle after Arian Foster's carry. I couldn't see what happened, but Brown was really ticked off.

DX-TEX
09-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Houston Texans‏@HoustonTexans

Schaub said "he's fine" despite big hit, and he only was cut on/by his left ear. #TexansGamrday

Expand Reply
Retweet

Favorite

All good

False Start
You can't retaliate against Manning. He and Brady enjoy a preference where calls are concerned that rivals some NBA players. You go after him and you will see suspensions come down. Of that I have no doubt. You also can't go telling players to retaliate in this day and age.

Hell, the cops would probably come and arrest you on the sideline, lol.

BullBlitz
The way it ought to be, Peyton should have been refusing to go back out onto the field after what he saw them do to Schaub, out of fear for his own safety.

I've never seen either Manning be very fearful of anything. And certainly neither Gary nor Wade is going to condone or tolerate dirty play. Eventually it just results in costly penalties.

BIG TORO
09-23-2012, 07:51 PM
610 just said X-rays on left shoulder negative!

BullBlitz
09-23-2012, 07:53 PM
610 just said X-rays on left shoulder negative!

Good for Matt.

Nawzer
09-23-2012, 07:57 PM
He might not have any broken bones, but he's going to be hurting for a while. He took some vicious illegal hits today.

GP
09-23-2012, 07:59 PM
@FakeChuckNorris...Schaub X-ray revealed significant finding.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT73l0aIzsAzlQUbF8f_weNx8tMGXBBl b-MJ7kQA2jm8SrlUqzZsw

Corrosion
09-23-2012, 08:04 PM
I agree, particularly since even mild contact with "His Peyton-ness" results in a 15 yard roughing the passer call. No sense rolling out the red carpet for him like that.

No kidding .... Tho I wouldnt mind a shot to split Delrio's wig.

How bout that PI call in the endzone on Jackson .... Perfect coverage , the reciever makes the contact and the defender gets penalized.

I dont think another QB outside of maybe Brady or Rodgers gets that call.

Corrosion
09-23-2012, 08:06 PM
He might not have any broken bones, but he's going to be hurting for a while. He took some vicious illegal hits today.

Yeah , he took some big shots today .... Not only did he take big shots but he stood in the pocket and delivered accurate passes while getting clobbered.

Better not a soul question the toughness of Schaub after that performance or I might have to test their chin.

SAMURAITEXAN
09-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Whew, good to hear he is OK.

Go Matt!!!
Go Texans!!!

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Schaub should be fine. I know we play Tennessee next wk and should get after Locker but I'm already looking towards the Jets game and looks like Revis has a torn ACL :hurrah:

False Start
09-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Schaub should be fine. I know we play Tennessee next wk and should get after Locker but I'm already looking towards the Jets game and looks like Revis has a torn ACL :hurrah:

I cant wait to see us lay the "smacketh down on their candy a$$es"

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/1517946_o.gif

CloakNNNdagger
09-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Not to say there is any significant damage to his shoulder, but acute plain Xrays of the shoulder will usually only show an overt fracture if present. Hair line fractures or ligament damage are unlikely to be diagnosed now without an MRI.

EllisUnit
09-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Yeah , he took some big shots today .... Not only did he take big shots but he stood in the pocket and delivered accurate passes while getting clobbered.

Better not a soul question the toughness of Schaub after that performance or I might have to test their chin.

Crazy also because he isnt playing for a new contract either.

TexansFanatic
09-23-2012, 08:33 PM

I appreciate unguarded enthusiasm from my fellow Texans fans, but cheering an opponent's career-threatening injury is kinda classless. Just sayin'....

DX-TEX
09-23-2012, 08:34 PM
Not to say there is any significant damage to his shoulder, but acute plain Xrays of the shoulder will usually only show an overt fracture if present. Hair line fractures or ligament damage are unlikely to be diagnosed now without an MRI.

Way to ruin my victory buzz cloak.....

EllisUnit
09-23-2012, 08:42 PM
Way to ruin my victory buzz cloak.....

he's just saying, BUT from what i saw from schaub in the second half and even when the game was over. He is fine sure its precaution, if anything they need to examine the guys head.

Scooter
09-23-2012, 08:49 PM
apparently he also lost a piece of his ear.

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000065248/article/matt-schaub-loses-piece-of-ear-in-houston-texans-win?module=HP11_headline_stack)

Honoring Earl 34
09-23-2012, 08:50 PM
I've read where Barwin was the assigned hit man on Manning but couldn't get close .:spin:

TexansFanatic
09-23-2012, 08:52 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/media/f/b/fb2d90281ff9e1c8005ec85f0a2feaee59a06db7/xl/Schaub-ear.jpg

rolyat93
09-23-2012, 09:01 PM
LOL at people wanting to play dirty back, no thanks I'll take the W.:handshake:

CloakNNNdagger
09-23-2012, 09:13 PM
apparently he also lost a piece of his ear.

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000065248/article/matt-schaub-loses-piece-of-ear-in-houston-texans-win?module=HP11_headline_stack)

The closeup on tv was consistent with a crush laceration with the edges retracted (separated) making it look like there is a loss of part of his earlobe. This is much like some of the females that have caught their large hoop earrings on something and the hoop tears through splitting the entire earlobe.

This (below) is one that has already been allowed to heal without repair (no longer bloody as opposed to Schaub's fresh injury). Note that there appears to be a loss of part of the earlobe.......but there isn't.

http://exploreplasticsurgery.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/torn-earlobe-repair-before.jpg

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-23-2012, 09:29 PM
I appreciate unguarded enthusiasm from my fellow Texans fans, but cheering an opponent's career-threatening injury is kinda classless. Just sayin'....

Idgaf nobody felt sorry for us when we loss Schaub or Mario or Andre for awhile so take that class and sux it this the NFL grown men next man up. Just Sayin.. OD has had 3 ACL tears and come back this 2012 man Doctors and Medical procedures can work wonders so I'm sure Revis will be back he isn't a Texan so idgaf once again.

Hervoyel
09-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Idgaf nobody felt sorry for us when we loss Schaub or Mario or Andre for awhile so take that class and sux it this the NFL grown men next man up. Just Sayin.. OD has had 3 ACL tears and come back this 2012 man Doctors and Medical procedures can work wonders so I'm sure Revis will be back he isn't a Texan so idgaf once again.

I understand what you're saying. It's not like I'm doing a voodoo dance every week praying for injuries for our opponents but at the same time it is the Texans good fortune to be facing the Jets when they (may) not have Revis. Not going to apologize for taking note of the obvious. Nobody ever apologized for easy wins over the Texans when they had players out or back in the day when our roster was stocked with everyone else's rejects. That's the nature of the game.

houstonspartan
09-23-2012, 10:03 PM
The closeup on tv was consistent with a crush laceration with the edges retracted (separated) making it look like there is a loss of part of his earlobe. This is much like some of the females that have caught their large hoop earrings on something and the hoop tears through splitting the entire earlobe.

This (below) is one that has already been allowed to heal without repair (no longer bloody as opposed to Schaub's fresh injury). Note that there appears to be a loss of part of the earlobe.......but there isn't.

http://exploreplasticsurgery.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/torn-earlobe-repair-before.jpg

And this is why it's nice to have someone in the medical field on this board. Thanks for the insight.

MEGA SWATT
09-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Basically Del Rio's game plan for Schaub has always been to try and knock the snot out of him until he ceased to be effective or knock him out of the game entirely, whichever came first. He did the same thing today. Those two plays that resulted in 15 yard penalties and easily could have passed as felony assault were the Denver defense (read: Del Rio) deciding that they'd had enough of Matt's hot hand.

Well Said:brando:

TexansFanatic
09-23-2012, 10:11 PM
Not going to apologize for taking note of the obvious. Nobody ever apologized for easy wins over the Texans when they had players out or back in the day when our roster was stocked with everyone else's rejects. That's the nature of the game.

Hey, I'm always happy for gimme matchups.

I'm not suggesting that we should apologize for taking advantage of another team's weakened roster.

But cheering a player's torn ACL is simply classless.

Unless we're talking about Joe Mays. :winky:

hradhak
09-23-2012, 10:12 PM

del Rio has always pissed me off. This kinda bull**** makes me think he should have been kicked out of the league for a year, not Payton. I will be pissed if Miller and Mays do not get fines, and I think that the league should start suspending for this kinda stuff. A fine doesn't really hit them all that hard in the long run.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-23-2012, 10:15 PM
I understand what you're saying. It's not like I'm doing a voodoo dance every week praying for injuries for our opponents but at the same time it is the Texans good fortune to be facing the Jets when they (may) not have Revis. Not going to apologize for taking note of the obvious. Nobody ever apologized for easy wins over the Texans when they had players out or back in the day when our roster was stocked with everyone else's rejects. That's the nature of the game.

Exactly I'm not cheering the guys injury but if it helps the Texans good. That's the business guys get injured.

NitroGSXR
09-23-2012, 10:15 PM

Schaub doesn't wear earrings. I have no doubt the helmet tore off a small chunk of his ear as opposed to simply splitting it. I don't see how he could have split it... unless his helmet broke and lacerated it or something.

Either way... he don't need ears to throw the ball.

:fans:

btw, I'm not challenging your expertise or anything like that. Just saying what I think. No more no less me being a Joe Fan Blow.

Wolf
09-23-2012, 10:18 PM
wow missed the game due to a softball tourney but holly smokes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CRUt1xrGk4
slow motion

Heath Shuler
09-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira

That shot by Mays on Schaub should be an ejection and should be a $50k fine. At least. That's vicious.

Mike Pereira
@MikePereira

Former Vice President of Officiating in the National Football League. Current Rules Analyst at FOX Sports. Referee of Twitters 18th officiating crew

TimeKiller
09-23-2012, 10:25 PM
Yeah, I call shenanigans on Mays. Double shenanigans on the NFL if they don't step up and protect Schaub like they would Manning, with all their hoopla about safety concerns...

And an unprecedented TRIPLE shenanigans on Del Rio. Come right the hell on....

CloakNNNdagger
09-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Schaub doesn't wear earrings. I have no doubt the helmet tore off a small chunk of his ear as opposed to simply splitting it. I don't see how he could have split it... unless his helmet broke and lacerated it or something.

Either way... he don't need ears to throw the ball.

:fans:

When you have hard surface (helmet) hit hard against soft tissue (ear lobe) which is crushed against another hard surface (bone), it creates a classic crush laceration (split ear lobe).

The mechanism much like this (see below) crush (split) laceration injury caused by hard surface (floor, wall, fist, etc.) blunt strike to soft tissues (brow area or as also seen commonly under the chin) backed by another hard tissue (bone).

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2000/0301/afp20000301p1383-f2a.jpg

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-23-2012, 10:45 PM
Just Finished watching Inside The Game, Idk if it was mentioned but Schaub said after the game he lost a piece of his Ear.

Kubiak said after the game during the week he told the coaching staff, Schaub was going to play his Ass off because he is Focused and Motivated and puts in the work in the film room Schaub got the game ball Good to Hear.

CloakNNNdagger
09-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Just Finished watching Inside The Game, Idk if it was mentioned but Schaub said after the game he lost a piece of his Ear.

Kubiak said after the game during the week he told the coaching staff, Schaub was going to play his Ass off because he is Focused and Motivated and puts in the work in the film room Schaub got the game ball Good to Hear.

That's the exact statement many of my patients have commonly told my staff when making an appointment for a crush laceration........because it looks like it.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-23-2012, 11:13 PM
That's the exact statement many of my patients have commonly told my staff when making an appointment for a crush laceration........because it looks like it.

Ok I'm sure it probably looks worse then it really is.

Corrosion
09-24-2012, 12:57 AM
Yeah, I call shenanigans on Mays. Double shenanigans on the NFL if they don't step up and protect Schaub like they would Manning, with all their hoopla about safety concerns...

Man Roger Goodell has Peyton's nuts dangling from his chin .... He and Brady have been protected like sacred cows ,while those no name QB's dont get the same protection.

Mayes should have been ejected .... to go along with a fat fine and multiple game suspension.

I'd like to take Delrio out behind the woodshed and give him the whatfor .... test his boxin game , see if he's as tough as Schaub.
(thats no threat .... Just stating that I would like to kick his ass).

bo orlando
09-24-2012, 02:14 AM
I'd like to take Delrio out behind the woodshed and give him the whatfor .... test his boxin game , see if he's as tough as Schaub.
(thats no threat .... Just stating that I would like to kick his ass).

Del Rio was a pro bowl linebacker. I don't think you would be able to kick his ass no matter how good your boxin game is

Double Barrel
09-24-2012, 10:33 AM

If a heavy fine doesn't come down it will clearly reveal that Goodell is full of crap about "protecting the shield". They are already playing with fire by the continued questions about integrity of the sport with the scab refs, so a failure to protect players in obvious and flagrant fouls will be a good indicator of where the league's brain-trust is at right now.

Schaub was a warrior out there yesterday, and I dare anyone to question his toughness at this point. Only foolish haters would even try to go there.

TexansFanatic
09-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Schaub was a warrior out there yesterday

He was a straight-up badass who refused to be pushed off the field. It was a joy to see that kind of fire from him.

TejasTom
09-24-2012, 04:33 PM
... Del Rio is a piece of excrement whose teams have always done this.

Excrement everywhere is offended.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

Hervoyel
09-24-2012, 04:34 PM
Excrement everywhere is offended.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

Well, you can please some of the excemement some of the time.....

Vinny
09-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Mayes should have been ejected .... to go along with a fat fine and multiple game suspension.

I thought he should have been ejected also. It was right after that last roughing call that was obviously done on purpose....so it was pretty obvious that they were trying to hurt/intimidate Schaub so they could get back in the game.

CloakNNNdagger
09-24-2012, 05:08 PM
I thought he should have been ejected also. It was right after that last roughing call that was obviously done on purpose....so it was pretty obvious that they were trying to hurt/intimidate Schaub so they could get back in the game.

Only way to stop this type of garbage is to fine the representing team......big TEAM bucks..........while suspending the players........and dipping into the draft picks after and established number of multiple such infractions occur during a season.

utahmark
09-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Only way to stop this type of garbage is to fine the representing team......big TEAM bucks..........while suspending the players........and dipping into the draft picks after and established number of multiple such infractions occur during a season.

Hate to be a bad guy but if that does'nt happen and teams keep going after Shaub our defense will have to take care of the situation.

infantrycak
09-24-2012, 05:30 PM

Just showed up to the MB. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought that jackass DelRio put a hit on Schaub.

Goodell wants to investigate anything I bet DelRio guaranteed to pay any fines back under the table.

Corrosion
09-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Hate to be a bad guy but if that does'nt happen and teams keep going after Shaub our defense will have to take care of the situation.

Had I been Wade .... It would have been very difficult for me not to send a goon to blast Manning .... I wouldnt have cared if it was after the whistle , just knock him into next week.

Texan_Bill
09-24-2012, 05:38 PM

Antonio Smith said this morning that he had considered it, but then he said the defense saw that Schaub was alright and fighting to get back on the field. Said they decided then not to cost the team any major penalties from stupidity.

I know this, if Tony LaRusso saw that chite, he would've had his pitcher throw a fastball in Manning's earhole.

Wolf
09-24-2012, 08:04 PM
SportsCenter

@SportsCenter

NFL considering 1-game suspension for @Denver_Broncos LB Joe Mays, for helmet-to-helmet hit on Texans QB Matt Schaub. (via @AdamSchefter)

Toyia Mays @StarletsStripes

“@PostBroncos: Schaub said Mays came up to him to apologize for the hit. "No hard feelings," Schaub said.”<Who wld apologize? #innocent

http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/9/24/3384918/nfl-considers-suspending-broncos-lb-joe-mays-for-hit-on-houston-texans-qb-matt-schaub

ObsiWan
09-24-2012, 08:08 PM

If they REALLY cared about player safety they'd have ZERO tolerance.

Let it cost them a draft choice for the first offense.

Or let the fine eat into their salary cap numbers right off the bat.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-24-2012, 08:12 PM
The NFL is considering suspending Broncos MLB Joe Mays one game for a helmet-to-helmet hit of Matt Schaub in Week 3.

Mays will "at the very least" receive a fine for the illegal shot. Schaub suffered a mild shoulder injury and lost part of his earlobe in Sunday's victory, but emerged fine to play in Week 4. If Mays had to miss Week 4 against the Raiders, the Broncos might turn to UDFA Steve Johnson at middle linebacker.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter Sep 24 - 6:19 PM

HJam72
09-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Honestly, I said what I said at the time, but I have seen replays and, although it was a late hit, it was pretty bang-bang. It was still a helmet to facemask hit, but that is getting to be pretty hard not to do. When you think about it, it's pretty hard for these guys to not have helmet to helmet collisions sometimes. I'm not backing down from wanting him fined, penalized, etc.; but, I'm glad they didn't do what I was suggesting with going after Peyton.

What's got me thinking here is all the times I have complained bitterly about refts over-protecting and coddling other QBs. I doubt that the helmet-to-helmet contact part of it was intentional. Far as the lateness, yes it was late, but not by that much. I'm sure that every Denver fan in that stadium felt the refs were just giving us 30 yds. and 2 first downs on those roughing-the-passer calls...

I do still want him fined, and I'd like to see Del-Rio called out for it too, because I think it was at least insinuated to "get rough" with Schaub.

CloakNNNdagger
09-24-2012, 10:48 PM
From HT.com (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Quotes-Texans-at-Broncos-postgame/a0a7fea9-f87b-4e23-bf69-d67b3dfa126e)

[Kubiak] On his impression of Schaub’s injury – did he suspect a concussion?

“Our doctors…any time any player is on the field they go through the same protocol so the minute I went out there, [team doctor] Walt [Lowe] told me he’s fine, he’s got a big cut on his ear. So, obviously they took him off the field and I knew it would be a play or two before he came back, but he was obviously very sharp. He was talking to me out there and Walt follows the same procedure all the time.”

DX-TEX
09-25-2012, 01:17 PM
adam schefter @adamschefter

nfl suspended broncos lb joe mays for one game for the helmet-to-helmet hit he put on texans qb matt schaub. Mays is appealing suspension.

boom!

Dutchrudder
09-25-2012, 01:34 PM
A one game suspension will cost him $208,882 and 35 cents. Hope it was worth it, jackwagon.

Corrosion
09-25-2012, 01:38 PM
A one game suspension will cost him $208,882 and 35 cents. Hope it was worth it, jackwagon.

Jack's gonna send him a check at Christmas to cover it .... :rake:

nero THE zero
09-25-2012, 01:45 PM
Honestly, I said what I said at the time, but I have seen replays and, although it was a late hit, it was pretty bang-bang. It was still a helmet to facemask hit, but that is getting to be pretty hard not to do. When you think about it, it's pretty hard for these guys to not have helmet to helmet collisions sometimes. I'm not backing down from wanting him fined, penalized, etc.; but, I'm glad they didn't do what I was suggesting with going after Peyton.

What's got me thinking here is all the times I have complained bitterly about refts over-protecting and coddling other QBs. I doubt that the helmet-to-helmet contact part of it was intentional. Far as the lateness, yes it was late, but not by that much. I'm sure that every Denver fan in that stadium felt the refs were just giving us 30 yds. and 2 first downs on those roughing-the-passer calls...

I do still want him fined, and I'd like to see Del-Rio called out for it too, because I think it was at least insinuated to "get rough" with Schaub.
Schaub was standing upright. Mays came in upright and laid the crown of his helmet into Schaub's jaw. It would have been *extremely* easy for Mays to lower his shoulders and plant a facemask into Schaub's chest.