PDA

View Full Version : Jjo... what's up?

thunderkyss
09-23-2012, 07:05 PM
He had a rough game today, benefited quite a bit from the pass rush & drops. Is he hurt or something?

DX-TEX
09-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Um....he had a REALLY good game actually.

EllisUnit
09-23-2012, 07:13 PM
He had a rough game today, benefited quite a bit from the pass rush & drops. Is he hurt or something?

Wow this sounds like ur talking about KJ.............:kitten:

beerlover
09-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Think you have him confused with Kareem, doesn't seem to matter if he is beaten by a player or called for pass interference :rake:

Nawzer
09-23-2012, 07:15 PM

Yeah I thought he had a good game too. If he picks off that pass, the game would've been over then and there. I thought the secondary overall was outstanding. You have to understand that we went up against one of the best of all time today and came out victorious and I'll take that.

amazing80
09-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Actually McCain played the worst, he was getting owned by Stokely late in that game......he is just not very good

Mr. Texan
09-23-2012, 07:16 PM

+2

mccain had a rough game

TheIronDuke
09-23-2012, 07:18 PM
DB's played good, HAVE to pick off a pass though every once in a while. Had 4 easy picks and didn't catch a single one.

thunderkyss
09-23-2012, 07:21 PM
No, we got really lucky, Jjo was out of position several times. Kj.. was Kj. McCain has been off all year, luckily he's been able to limit too many big plays.

They've got to get that cleaned up.

TheMatrix31
09-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Joseph played very well today. Maybe you're thinking of Brice McCain? Seriously.

Jackie Chiles
09-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Chicken Little thread. Do you work for Forbes?

thunderkyss
09-23-2012, 07:35 PM
No... McCain hasn't played any worse than he has all year. Jjo hasn't been playing at the level he played last year, I think today's game was his worse. He made a few good plays here & there, but a lot of in completions to his guy had nothing to do with him. He was out of position, out of the play...

In fact on the Stokely TD, Jjo bit on a under route leaving Thomas all alone in the end zone. Peyton had already decided to throw it to Stokely (hadn't thrown the ball, but clearly loading up)..

& DT dropped at least three balls that would have been big plays.

clutch
09-23-2012, 07:40 PM
We should have had at least 4 INTs..dang..only got 1 measly fantasy point..

Texn4life
09-23-2012, 07:42 PM
We held Peyton to 50% passing today. Sure 30% sounds better but the guy is gonna complete some passes.

thunderkyss
09-23-2012, 07:45 PM
Overall, I think the secondary played well. Like Schaub, they played well enough today.

I'm just saying our pro bowl DB looks like he took it down a notch. Denver's offense is still "new" we're going to be playing Green Bay & Baltimore three weeks from now. We need Jjo to get back to form.

Carr Bombed
09-23-2012, 07:50 PM
No, we got really lucky, Jjo was out of position several times. Kj.. was Kj. McCain has been off all year, luckily he's been able to limit too many big plays.

They've got to get that cleaned up.

:rolleyes: If getting lucky is forcing 26 incomplete passes while facing a all time great, then I hope we get lucky each and every week.

Joseph played fine, McCain struggled, and KJ while he had some gaffs, I think the PI call on him in the end zone was absolutely bogus.

dc_txtech
09-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Overall, I think the secondary played well. Like Schaub, they played well enough today.

I'm just saying our pro bowl DB looks like he took it down a notch. Denver's offense is still "new" we're going to be playing Green Bay & Baltimore three weeks from now. We need Jjo to get back to form.

Not sure what game you were watching, Joseph shut down Thomas all day long.

Corrosion
09-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Think you have him confused with Kareem, doesn't seem to matter if he is beaten by a player or called for pass interference :rake:

That PI call was bullsh!t.

Rey
09-23-2012, 08:33 PM
LoL, what?

I swear some of you guys can't help but to show how little you actually know about football. The db's played a good game today. Flawless? He'll no.

But they were good and Joseph was actually excellent. Not sure what some of you were looking at. Joseph was awesome.

Texn4life
09-23-2012, 08:35 PM
LoL, what?

I swear some of you guys can't help but to show how little you actually know about football. The db's played a good game today. Flawless? He'll no.

But they were good and Joseph was actually excellent. Not sure what some of you were looking at. Joseph was awesome.

I agree...... I bet there probably isn't another game all season where Peyton will complete half or less of his passes.

eriadoc
09-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Jjo hasn't been playing at the level he played last year, I think today's game was his worse.

I think you should stop watching football, because it's obvious you don't know WTF you're looking at. There's probably a badminton game on down the dial in the 600s somewhere.

wolf123
09-23-2012, 08:48 PM
No... McCain hasn't played any worse than he has all year. Jjo hasn't been playing at the level he played last year, I think today's game was his worse. He made a few good plays here & there, but a lot of in completions to his guy had nothing to do with him. He was out of position, out of the play...

In fact on the Stokely TD, Jjo bit on a under route leaving Thomas all alone in the end zone. Peyton had already decided to throw it to Stokely (hadn't thrown the ball, but clearly loading up)..

& DT dropped at least three balls that would have been big plays.

You should of had Thomas starting on your Fantasy team. Jjo has been great this year and shut down the broncos best WR...:aggressive:

rolyat93
09-23-2012, 09:02 PM
I thought he played great. Definitely didn't stick out as a bad game.

TEXANRED
09-23-2012, 09:08 PM
+2

mccain had a rough game

Not just at you, but at others as well, it's Peyton Manning that was throwing the ball not David Carr.

badboy
09-23-2012, 09:40 PM
I am sure 76 will stop in tomorrow but I was over all pleased with our CB starters. Despite the final score, Houston pretty much dominated the game. I was not too pleased with Tate who I am hoping to trade to Denver this off season. He was off 1.5 yds per carry.

hradhak
09-23-2012, 10:01 PM
there were 4 opportunities for INTs that could have negated alot of that pain down the stretch. Plus that PI on KJ was complete BS. Our secondary played really well for 3 quarters. I would have liked them to finish the game as well as they started. And we're going to need those picks down the stretch.

Kgbmedic
09-23-2012, 10:09 PM
I would think that as a DB in this game they should have been reading Mannings eyes. It is hughly obvious he stares down his reciever. That would have provided for a more entertaining game for all Texans.

Corrosion
09-24-2012, 12:26 AM
I agree...... I bet there probably isn't another game all season where Peyton will complete half or less of his passes.

He had a career high in incompletions.

dream_team
09-24-2012, 01:58 AM
Just re-watched the game. Brice had his worst game in a long time. Joseph actually played the best of all the corners (no surprise).

Texn4life
09-24-2012, 03:53 AM

He's definitely not the same guy, but we limited him all day by playing tight coverage. We'll see where he really is next week when he plays Oakland. That may be the worse secondary in the league.

HJam72
09-24-2012, 06:34 AM

:texflag::fans::whip:

76Texan
09-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Our secondary outplayed theirs by a mile.

JJo had a few hairy moments (some were not reflected in the stats sheet) but he also made quite a few plays.

We'll take the win.

Double Barrel
09-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Peyton Manning is happy that he doesn't have to face this defense twice a year now.

Which is a shame, because our D is on the upswing while Manning is slowly regressing with each passing year. It would have been fun to see our D feast on an old Peyton Manning the next couple of years.

Porky
09-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Without coaches tape, it's always hard to truly judge DB play on TV because you can't see what's going on unless they replay it...plus you don't always know a guy's assignment.

Having said that, from this viewers eyes, J Jo had another phenomenal game. The guy is an all-pro and playing like it. I don't know what Fiddler is looking at. EVERY cb who has ever lived has given up plays. Other than a missed int opportunity J Jo shut his guy down. Can't ask for more.

Texan_Touchdown
09-24-2012, 12:11 PM
man some of ya'll are dogging him bad lol its just his opinion... IMO Joseph and an excellent game. The push on Demaryius Thomas( however you spell his name) so he couldn't get the whole right foot in was HOF material. Yeah I said it... Even Jackson had a solid game until those last couple drives that PI call was total BS.. If Kubiak doesn't complain about that to the NFL.. he also had the pass break up that ultimately fell in Dreesen's hands for the TD. Overall I thought our DB's had a good game, Joseph having the best.

drunkcookie
09-24-2012, 12:30 PM
There's having an opinion, and then there's having an opinion that is so off base with the facts of the situation that your dumbassery should be called out...

Did he play awesome? No...but JJo had an overall good game, mostly against a rising receiver in this league...

Big face-palm for this one...

panamamyers
09-24-2012, 12:52 PM
You could send in the game film from this game and Joseph would secure himself an All-Pro slot.
He played absolutely outstanding.

NastyNate
09-24-2012, 04:13 PM
J-Jo played great as usual. I don't understand harping on McCain, he located the ball all game long, should have had 3 picks by himself but just didn't come up with them. A broken up pass is just fine by me, and he broke up quite a few.

Vinny
09-24-2012, 04:20 PM
I think you should stop watching football, because it's obvious you don't know WTF you're looking at. There's probably a badminton game on down the dial in the 600s somewhere.
lol :spit:

The Cush
09-24-2012, 05:38 PM
J Jo played almost exclusively on Demaryius Thomas. Thomas's stat line ended up being 11 targets but only had 3 receptions for 34 yards, that's a pretty good game by Joseph...

Corrosion
09-24-2012, 05:53 PM
I heard fatass errrr John McLame on the radio this morning while taking my kids to school ..... His exact words " J.Jo played the game of his career"

I usually dont agree with McHeavybreather ..... but he isnt far off with that statement , That has to be one of the best games J.Jo has played ... at least since joining the Texans.

thunderkyss
09-24-2012, 07:12 PM
I swear some of you guys can't help but to show how little you actually know about football.

I agree with that.

As long as there isn't another team with Jj Watt, you're probably right.

thunderkyss
09-24-2012, 07:24 PM
There's having an opinion, and then there's having an opinion that is so off base with the facts of the situation that your dumbassery should be called out...

Did he play awesome? No...but JJo had an overall good game, mostly against a rising receiver in this league...

Big face-palm for this one...

Just want to point out, my dumbassery is simply saying that Jjo did not have a great game. Pretty much the same thing you said (in bold) call it semantics, but we're saying the same thing. Some people are saying his play in this game would seal an All-Pro spot this season.

You could send in the game film from this game and Joseph would secure himself an All-Pro slot.
He played absolutely outstanding.

J-Jo played great as usual.

A little bit of the pass rush, a little bit of Peyton fading, a little bit of Demarius Thomas (sp) dropping balls had more to do with "shutting down" Thomas, than Jjo. If that were Kareem that played like that, you guys would be ready to ride him out of town.

Jjo set a standard last year. So far, he hasn't lived up to it this year.

J Jo played almost exclusively on Demaryius Thomas. Thomas's stat line ended up being 11 targets but only had 3 receptions for 34 yards, that's a pretty good game by Joseph...

Well yeah... unless you watched the game that is.

thunderkyss
09-24-2012, 07:30 PM
I heard fatass errrr John McLame on the radio this morning while taking my kids to school ..... His exact words " J.Jo played the game of his career"

I usually dont agree with McHeavybreather ..... but he isnt far off with that statement , That has to be one of the best games J.Jo has played ... at least since joining the Texans.

You don't normally agree with McClain.

But this time he got it right?

C'mon man, take off them rose colored glasses. Watch the highlights, when they showed Manning's miscues, he's throwing to a wide open Thomas with Jjo out of position. The incompletion had nothing to do with Jjo unless we're saying Thomas dropped balls because he "expected" Jjo to get a hand in there & over compensated.

cland
09-24-2012, 07:37 PM
I would think that as a DB in this game they should have been reading Mannings eyes. It is hughly obvious he stares down his reciever. That would have provided for a more entertaining game for all Texans.

I agree with you, and I think that will lead the speech at Peyton's first ballot, hall of fame induction. "We are here to honor a man who despite his "hughly[sic] obvious" habit of staring down his receivers has challenged the game by being one of the best QBs ever....

:peek:

Texan_Bill
09-24-2012, 07:39 PM

:mcnugget:

HUH??? Whoa! Maybe I was too drunk when I watched the game yesterday, but I'm currently re-watching it.

Without trying to sound like a prick, maybe you should too.

Texan_Bill
09-24-2012, 07:41 PM
You don't normally agree with McClain.

But this time he got it right?

C'mon man, take off them rose colored glasses. Watch the highlights, when they showed Manning's miscues, he's throwing to a wide open Thomas with Jjo out of position. The incompletion had nothing to do with Jjo unless we're saying Thomas dropped balls because he "expected" Jjo to get a hand in there & over compensated.

JUP!!!! Pancakes got it right this time. Don't worry though, the Sun shines on a dogs ass, some days!!

76Texan
09-24-2012, 10:37 PM

HUH??? Whoa! Maybe I was too drunk when I watched the game yesterday, but I'm currently re-watching it.

Actually, when the Fiddler put up his first comment, he had a point.
However, saying that J Jo had a rough game was at best a very long stretch.

Yes, he did benifit from the pass rush and some drops.

On top of that, he had some timely safety help, too.

There was a moment that J Jo looked into the backfield and got beat deep (but the ball went elsewhere).

His first pass-defend was a PI, but with his smart and his good name, he was able to push the envelope and got away with it.

To say that J Jo had his career game is just like McLame, sorry guys! :foottap:

76Texan
09-24-2012, 11:32 PM
Another thing I want to reiterate:

Some posters had mentioned before the game that it would be good for Wade to have Kareem guarding the #1 receiver with plenty of safety help to allow J Jo to make play in one-on-one against the #2 receiver.

It was not what we did last year or this year.

I am a thousand per cent firm on this.

We've put more pressure (pass rush) on J Jo's side and we have had more safety help on J Jo's side on the #1 receiver.

It's not an astounding difference, but it is quite noticeable (if you chart each and every play.)

Why? I'm not sure. I have certain ideas, but I would rather not guess.
If only the journalists can pose that question to Wade.

steelbtexan
09-25-2012, 03:15 PM
JUP!!!! Pancakes got it right this time. Don't worry though, the Sun shines on a dogs ass, some days!!

^^^^
This

Even KJ wasn't the whipping boy for Manning like usual. KJ had an avg game. Which is above avg for him.

The DB that had a great game was Quin. IMHO He was all over the place.

Even with the drops, holding Thomas to 3 catches on 11 targets is a great game. Thomas is an up and coming stud.

Vinny
09-25-2012, 03:16 PM
this may be one of the worst threads ever

417Texan
09-25-2012, 04:19 PM
this may be one of the worst threads ever

J JO is playing at a all pro level.

Playoffs
09-27-2012, 05:17 AM
Nick Scurfield
CB Johnathan Joseph (groin) did not practice today. Kubiak said he should be back tomorrow #Texans

thunderkyss
09-27-2012, 08:37 AM

I've watched it three times already, same conclusion. He was playing better last year. I don't know if he's trying to do too much, trying to live up to last year, or if he has some kind of medical issue, personal issue, or what.

He made two good plays, & one of those should have been called for PI. Other than that... eh.

I'm not saying that he struggled, or played poorly. I think that is where the disconnect is here. But I stand by my original statement, he played at a much higher level last season.

Playoffs
09-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
Texans hopeful he'll play RT @HoustonTexans: Johnathan Joseph limited, status unclear for Wk 4 (via @NickScurfield):

76Texan
09-29-2012, 11:35 PM
What do you guys think about the TD to Stokley in the 4th qtr?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012092311/2012/REG3/texans@broncos#menu=highlights&tab=recap

It looks like a Richard Smith/Frank Bush defense to me.

Seems like JJo, Demps, and McCain didn't have it together.

And the 4-man pass rush (against 6 blockers) gave Manning plenty of time to throw the pass. 3 secs and nobody was remotely close to provide any kind of pressure.

Rey
09-30-2012, 12:59 AM

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012092311/2012/REG3/texans@broncos#menu=highlights&tab=recap

And the 4-man pass rush (against 6 blockers) gave Manning plenty of time to throw the pass. 3 secs and nobody was remotely close to provide any kind of pressure.

I agree. And not just that play.

I understand the natural tendency to pull back when you're nursing a big lead, but id prefer it if the defense stays reasonably aggressive.

Not going to criticize wade too much because we could have executed better, but good teams aren't going to quit. We need to step on necks. (figuratively)

76Texan
09-30-2012, 01:12 AM
I agree. And not just that play.

I understand the natural tendency to pull back when you're nursing a big lead, but id prefer it if the defense stays reasonably aggressive.

Not going to criticize wade too much because we could have executed better, but good teams aren't going to quit. We need to step on knecks. (figuratively)

Yeah, I thought Wade took his foot off the pedal a little too early for my liking.
(He didn't do that against the Dolphins.)

At least throw in some zone dogs to make the pass rush less predictable, IMO.

Carr Bombed
09-30-2012, 01:48 AM

Gee actually it amazes me, I've had Colt fans tell me that they don't ever remember Peyton being harrassed that much or frustrated as much as we were able to pressure him. Since they watched him during his entire career, I'm also going to take their word. I also record alot of shows like AFC playbook and strictly remember them talking about our man to man coverage which goes against everything our previous coaches taught so what are you talking about?

Were there dropped passes in the game, Yes there were multiple drops in the game, but the pressure up front also helped force those throws and drops. Did you happen to watch the "football life, Tom Coughlin" episode? In the words of Bill Parcells.. You don't just get lucky, you create your own luck and this team is doing that every Sunday. McCain was the only guy who I thought struggled last Sunday and since Stokely and Peyton can pretty much finish each other's sentences, I'm not that surprised. I had no problem with Kareem or Joseph (The PI call on Kareem was absolute crap).

Premier
09-30-2012, 06:15 AM
jjo could have had 2 INTs jumping routes and broke up that pass to thomas from behind him. all in man, maybe your expectations are a bit too high, jjo wasnt perfect last year and he isnt perfect this year. but overall he shuts shiit down and keeps big plays to a minimum.. he and kareem give wade the freedom to leave his cbs on an island and send the rush. its a risk, guys will get open, your line wont always get to the qb..

hradhak
09-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Is JoJo expected to play today? He was out for Thursday practice. I'm wondering if that contributed to him losing a step on the Stokeley play. I thought he played very well, and the secondary did as well. My only complaint is that we had chances to pick off Manning and didn't. Those kinda things are going to matter in close games.

76Texan
09-30-2012, 10:19 AM
jjo could have had 2 INTs jumping routes and broke up that pass to thomas from behind him. all in man, maybe your expectations are a bit too high, jjo wasnt perfect last year and he isnt perfect this year. but overall he shuts shiit down and keeps big plays to a minimum.. he and kareem give wade the freedom to leave his cbs on an island and send the rush. its a risk, guys will get open, your line wont always get to the qb..

But that is exactly my point.

My opinion was that JJo did not have a career day like McLame suggested.

He did make or almost made a number of plays, but he was also involved in some subpar play.

Just for clarification:

- Yes, he did jump and narrowly missed an INT, but on the second one, the receiver was right there to play defender, JJo had no chance to make the INT.
It was a nice pass breakup, that's for sure.

- The pass break up from behind early in the game was a PI that was not called.
I like our CB to push the envelope (I had talked about this a few years back), but it was still a non-called PI that went our way. We'll take it.

- JJo was called for holding on a play that McCain had stopped another receiver short of the third down conversion.

- JJo was beat deep on a pass that Manning missed the receiver in the corner for a shouldabeen easy TD (not the one that Thomas stepped oout of bound beyond the end zone.)

- JJo was invloved in at least 4 other plays in which there were either coverage breakdown or his not being able to stick to the receiver; luckily we were able to keep the damage to the minimum - also thanks to Thomas for dropping some passes.

- Thomas would have caught another short pass for a first down, but Demps helped out JJo by jumping the route and broke up the pass.

76Texan
09-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Is JoJo expected to play today? He was out for Thursday practice. I'm wondering if that contributed to him losing a step on the Stokeley play. I thought he played very well, and the secondary did as well. My only complaint is that we had chances to pick off Manning and didn't. Those kinda things are going to matter in close games.

I don't think so.
I agree with Phil Simms that the Texans were probably anticipating a different route by Stokley.

They probably expected that Thomas kept running the same route, with Demps going to the side line to cut him off.

They seemed to expect that Stokley would cut to the outside, in which case, JJo would cut him off. It certainly looked like that was his intention.

76Texan
09-30-2012, 10:29 AM
Gee actually it amazes me, I've had Colt fans tell me that they don't ever remember Peyton being harrassed that much or frustrated as much as we were able to pressure him. Since they watched him during his entire career, I'm also going to take their word. I also record alot of shows like AFC playbook and strictly remember them talking about our man to man coverage which goes against everything our previous coaches taught so what are you talking about?

Were there dropped passes in the game, Yes there were multiple drops in the game, but the pressure up front also helped force those throws and drops. Did you happen to watch the "football life, Tom Coughlin" episode? In the words of Bill Parcells.. You don't just get lucky, you create your own luck and this team is doing that every Sunday. McCain was the only guy who I thought struggled last Sunday and since Stokely and Peyton can pretty much finish each other's sentences, I'm not that surprised. I had no problem with Kareem or Joseph (The PI call on Kareem was absolute crap).

When I mentioned "RS/FB) defense, I was only talking about that particular play and those in the following drives in the 4th quarter when the Texans came with a straight 4-man rush with no disguise in neither pass rush scheme or coverage.

They were able to bring some pressure, but there were also plays in which Manning had too much time to throw the ball.

And the results were 14 points by the Broncos.

Carr Bombed
09-30-2012, 11:30 AM
When I mentioned "RS/FB) defense, I was only talking about that particular play and those in the following drives in the 4th quarter when the Texans came with a straight 4-man rush with no disguise in neither pass rush scheme or coverage.

They were able to bring some pressure, but there were also plays in which Manning had too much time to throw the ball.

And the results were 14 points by the Broncos.

Well I'm pretty sure late in the game Houston went into a prevent defense. They wanted to eat up clock and cause the Broncos to string multiple plays together without taking a chance of giving up a huge play. The strategy would've worked great if we didn't have a bullcrap P.I. penalty called in the endzone and if Tate didn't fumble the ball.

You also aren't going to pressure a QB on every play and not one as good as Peyton who does such a great job at moving in the pocket. Those guys get paid too, alot of the criticism by Fidder comes off as nitpicking. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the other guys.