PDA

View Full Version : Torrey Smith's Brother Dies

Honoring Earl 34
09-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Sad !

- The brother of Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Torrey Smith has been killed in a motorcycle accident.
Tevin Chris Jones, 19, died late Saturday night in Westmoreland County in northeast Virginia. He was riding his motorcycle on Route 672 when he ran off the right side of the roadway and struck a utility pole, according to Virginia State Police.
Jones was pronounced dead at the scene, police said. He was wearing a helmet, and alcohol was not a factor. The accident is under investigation.
Smith was notified at the team hotel in Baltimore shortly after 1 a.m. and immediately left to be with his family.
Smith posted on his Twitter account: "I can't believe my little brother is gone...be thankful for your loved ones and tell them you love them...this is the hardest thing ever."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/09/23/ravens-torrey-smith-brother-killed.ap/index.html#ixzz27JelnVRm

NitroGSXR
09-23-2012, 01:49 PM
RIP fallen rider.

Wolf6151
09-24-2012, 04:10 AM
That really sucks, prayers for the family.

Joeycharp89
09-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Watching the game last night further cemented my respect for Baltimore. I'm a Pats fan (I'm originally from Mass.) but Smith and his team played a great game and it was nice to see how not only his team, but the Ravens fans really rallied around him. I heard they were chanting his name after the game. Good stuff.

Plus I'm sort of angry with my fellow Pats fans after that home game, I think I'll be focusing even more on the Texans this year.

Playoffs
09-24-2012, 03:38 PM
The Most Hated Person in Baltimore: Johns Hopkins Grad Taunts Torrey Smith on Twitter (http://www.brobible.com/sports/article/most-hated-person-in-baltimore-twitter)

...Last night, a Baltimore resident by the name of Katie Moody allegedly blasted out these Tweets from her @KatieBrady12 Twitter account. Presumably, she's a Patriots fan:

The tweets went viral quite quickly:

Maryland sports message boards started threads in outrage. Being a resident of the Charm City, those Tweets making fun of a man who just lost his brother kicked a bee hive. Internet sleuths sprung immediately into action, discovering Katie Moody to be a Sr. Administrative Coordinator at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. According to those Internet sleuths, she earned her Bachelors and Masters from JHU in Political Science and Fiction Writing (here's a link to her LinkedIn profile screenshot)...Karma's a b!tch.

HOU-TEX
09-24-2012, 03:46 PM
It sucks, man. I lost one of my brothers a couple years ago and it still sucks in a major way. A brother isn't just blood. He's a best friend you've known your whole life. Having that taken away from you without warning is a nightmare that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

My thoughts have been with him ever since hearing about it.

Fili
09-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Mad respect to him. He played really well and glad he got a game ball. Got me a little emotional seeing him in the locker room with the rest of the Ravens. Condolences to him and his family.