PDA

View Full Version : Manziel

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Wolf
09-22-2012, 08:31 PM
The ole Kerrville boy was kicking butt today in the first half against South Carolina

Aggies up 49-7 at half

15-20 173 yards 3 TDs 197.2 QB rating (sacked 2)

8 rushes 78 yards 2 TD's

Showers is in for the Aggies now

This is probably the most college football I have ever watched outside of bowl games. I am a UT fan so I never really watched the Aggies. I am just keeping on eye on the local kid

However the SEC is coming so.....things will get A LOT tougher for him and Aggies

sakebomb
09-24-2012, 06:35 AM
Of course he looked good. South Carolina State is worse than some of the high school teams he faced in the past. :spin:

Hopefully he can duplicate the numbers during SEC games.

Gig em.

Wolf
09-29-2012, 01:21 PM
18-24 for 261 yards 3 TD with 207.6 qb rating

in the first half against arkansas

Stemp
09-29-2012, 01:24 PM
409 yards total offense by A&M.

IN THE FIRST HALF.

Dan B.
09-29-2012, 01:46 PM
409 yards total offense by A&M.

IN THE FIRST HALF.

They had 404 in the first half against Arky last year.

midway
09-29-2012, 01:57 PM
They didn't have a second half like this last year though.

Dutchrudder
09-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Incredible game for Manziel, I can't believe he's a freshman. He looks very promising for the future. I'm much more hopeful that we will at least make a bowl game this year after the game today. I think we can beat the Mississippis, Auburn, Missouri and the two non-sec schools. That would give us a record of 9-3. Probably won't win all of those, so I think 8-4 is more reasonable, but I'll be disappointed if we don't win at least 7 at this point.

steelbtexan
09-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Manziel looks like a stud.

A&M has a bright futre with him.

Wish the Horns had recruited him as a QB.

TexansLucky13
09-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Things will only get better for him and the Aggies as a whole. Prospects want to play in the SEC. I foresee them getting quite a few highly rated guys who would have otherwise gone to UT, OU, etc....

Corrosion
10-08-2012, 08:27 PM
This kid is special ..... coming from a Longhorn. :cow:

GlassHalfFull
10-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Fun video highlight for Johnny F'ing Football

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1A5zDJWsFo

DocBar
10-13-2012, 10:06 PM
I would love to see him end up as a Texan but I hope we're not drafting in the top 2 in a few years.

EDIT: If he keeps it up, I wouldn't be against trading up to get him....

Dutchrudder
10-13-2012, 10:45 PM
He sure is fun to watch. Can't say I wouldn't want him on the Texans, but it's a bit too early to be slotting him for the NFL draft. He's not an exceptional passer IMO, and he takes too many risks running around the backfield for 10+ seconds sometimes. That sort of stuff doesnt translate to the NFL very well. Love him in College though.

GlassHalfFull
10-13-2012, 11:08 PM
He is ridiculous. Goes down after a possible fumble and tackles one guy for a fumble, then tackles the 2nd guy.

DocBar
10-14-2012, 12:15 AM
He sure is fun to watch. Can't say I wouldn't want him on the Texans, but it's a bit too early to be slotting him for the NFL draft. He's not an exceptional passer IMO, and he takes too many risks running around the backfield for 10+ seconds sometimes. That sort of stuff doesnt translate to the NFL very well. Love him in College though.
WTF are you talking about?? The kid is accurate as hell on bootlegs, he's mobile and can extend drives with his legs. He's displaying all of this in every game. He's Schaub with wheels. Ya know, if Brett Favra had been in Kubiaks system, he'd be a 1st ballot HOF'er.

Stemp
10-14-2012, 12:30 AM
WTF are you talking about?? The kid is accurate as hell on bootlegs, he's mobile and can extend drives with his legs. He's displaying all of this in every game. He's Schaub with wheels. Ya know, if Brett Favra had been in Kubiaks system, he'd be a 1st ballot HOF'er.

He's only a freshman. As good as he is, he will be better in 2 or 3 years.

BTW, he just ran for 75 yards for a TD to put A&M back up by 3 scores.

GlassHalfFull
10-14-2012, 12:30 AM
Johnny F'ing Football.

Dutchrudder
10-14-2012, 01:20 AM

A good amount of his completions come from broken plays because he chose not to throw it to a WR during their route. Those completions simply won't happen much in the NFL, and would likely be sacks, TFLs or throw aways. His play style is similar to Vince Young in that much of his positive yardage comes from these sorts of broken plays, and I'm not going to overlook that when draft time comes. It's great that he can make something happen, but I'd rather have a disciplined QB that will go through his progressions and hit receivers in stride more often than not.

He also has the issue that guys like Vick, RG3 and Cam have where the QB likes to run the ball too much and will put himself in harms way. It's not always a bad thing, but I'd rather see my QB get it done more often with passes than runs. It's great if they are mobile enough to pick up the 1st, but I would prefer that to not happen too often so we don't see the QB get injured.

It's just his first year though, so I hope to see improvement in these areas, most importantly less reliance on running and more on passing. Hell of player though, and I"m more excited for A&M football than I ever have been before. I expect the Manziel for Heisman campaign should start this week, and rightfully so. :)

htownfan32
10-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Well, I'm sure Sumlin won't want Manziel to be a total Vince Young clone. I agree, that doesn't translate too well to the NFL. Sumlin does want him to stick in the pocket and only use his feet when necessary, because those big SEC linebackers will lay some hurt on him if he tries running too much.

Give him a few years, and see what he does. I think he's got Heisman potential.

Goldensilence
10-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Well.... that should end any Heisman talk for now.

Florida used the same alignment in the second half of their game as well. If LSU had any sort of offense that game wouldn't have been as close.

Kid's a gamer now and he's going to get better in Sumlin's offense though and when he fully gets it, it's going to be scary for opponents.

Dutchrudder
10-22-2012, 04:16 PM
LSU was by far his worst game of the season in every way possible. He couldn't break free from the pocket to get into the open field and run, he couldn't hit some of his passes, and he was sacked 3 times. 17 rushes for 27 yards is really really bad. Being forced almost exclusively into the pocket passer style in order to move the chains, just did not suit him. I'm sure he will get better, but I'm just concerned about the team's inability to move the ball sometimes. Wasting that great return by Williams that resulted in a missed FG was awful. That FG and the XP missed could have made a huge difference in the way they played the end of the game.

Oh well, easy win against Auburn coming up, hope it instills some confidence so they can at least make @Bama a decent game.

Wolf
10-27-2012, 07:34 PM
He is killing auburn two passing and two rushing td's before halftime

42-7. Auburn might want to keep on walking past the lockerroom and out of the stadium

htownfan32
10-27-2012, 07:37 PM
He's been great. But... it's Auburn. Auburn is just as awful as Manziel is good.

Stemp
10-27-2012, 08:11 PM
He's been great. But... it's Auburn. Auburn is just as awful as Manziel is good.

Yeah, but he's done it against everyone except two of the top defenses in Div 1. And he's a freshman QB, not a running back.

htownfan32
10-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Yeah, but he's done it against everyone except two of the top defenses in Div 1. And he's a freshman QB, not a running back.

This is true, particularly the bolded. Can't wait to see Manziel evolve in the coming years.

TexansLucky13
10-28-2012, 06:45 PM
This is true, particularly the bolded. Can't wait to see Manziel evolve in the coming years.

Manziel will be the number one pick in whatever draft he enters. I will cite this thread in a few years when it happens. Mark it down.

Corrosion
10-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Manziel will be the number one pick in whatever draft he enters. I will cite this thread in a few years when it happens. Mark it down.

He is pretty darn special as a college QB .... I know a team out there will use an early pick on him .... #1 overall , strong possibility.

Stemp
10-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Unfortunately, the Texans will be picking 32nd for the 3rd year in a row.

Goldensilence
10-28-2012, 11:59 PM

At 6'1" he's going to have that height knock on him all the way up to his eventual entrance into the NFL. A bigger concern could be as he takes off in the next few years out of the pocket will he hold up to the punishing hits SEC defenses can lay down.

Though Russel Wilson seems to be doing pretty good right now. Though Wilson even going to his last year in Wisc was a pretty polished passer.

His evolution as a QB is going to be in his understanding of passing lanes and running lanes in college. Right now the two teams that totally bottled him up stuck to their run lanes and didn't give him that run outlet that right now is an essential part of his game.

b0ng
11-01-2012, 10:32 AM

Manziel is going to need to make a lot of strides strictly as a passer over the next couple of seasons.

GlassHalfFull
11-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Scooby snacks anyone?

http://outkickthecoverage.com/tyfoon/site/fckeditor/image/manziel%20scooby%20doo%202.jpg

htownfan32
11-01-2012, 09:54 PM
You ran into Manziel at a party? That's pretty cool.

The only football player I've seen is the MLB Jonathan Stewart on my way to Blocker for Calculus lol

Also... damn, girl.

steelbtexan
11-01-2012, 11:19 PM
He is pretty darn special as a college QB .... I know a team out there will use an early pick on him .... #1 overall , strong possibility.

Who is the last 6'0 QB to be picked in the 1st rd (Much less #1 overall) besides Vick?

Aggie homerism overcoming you?

BTW, Manziel is a stud. Doing what he's doing as a freshman in the SEC is unbelievable

htownfan32
11-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Brandon Weeden shouldn't have been a first round pick. The guy is old. But some needy team always reaches for a QB. That being said...

If Manziel becomes a polished passer by the end of his collegiate career, he's going to be infinitely more deadly than Michael Vick can ever be.

htownfan32
11-01-2012, 11:39 PM
Who is the last 6'0 QB to be picked in the 1st rd (Much less #1 overall) besides Vick?

Aggie homerism overcoming you?

BTW, Manziel is a stud. Doing what he's doing as a freshman in the SEC is unbelievable

Though your point is very valid - his height could easily knock him down.

Also we'll just have to see which other QBs enter the draft. He could easily be 2nd or 3rd best QB in a given draft and go first round, or he could be in a class loaded with QBs and fall some.

Insideop
11-02-2012, 09:45 AM
Scooby snacks anyone?

http://outkickthecoverage.com/tyfoon/site/fckeditor/image/manziel%20scooby%20doo%202.jpg

Wow! The dress codes sure have changed at Aggieland since I was there! :whip:

LonerATO
11-03-2012, 12:53 PM

His height could hurt him being drafted high. This kid has some skills and is in a system that fits him well.

texanprincess
11-04-2012, 01:09 AM
Manziel looks like a stud.

A&M has a bright futre with him.

Wish the Horns had recruited him as a QB.

He's still just a poor Aggie!

GlassHalfFull
11-04-2012, 06:16 AM

Quality post. Thank you for contributing to the discussion.

texanprincess
11-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Quality post. Thank you for contributing to the discussion.

Anytime! Happy to contribute! Thanks for the encouragement!

Pollardized
11-04-2012, 08:30 PM

Never given negative rep before. Tempted on this one.

LonerATO
11-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Scooby snacks anyone?

Nice creeper shot, though those girls have some nice butts.

Pollardized
11-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Never given negative rep before. Tempted on this one.

Lmao texanprincess gave me neg rep!!!!! Or tried any way!

steelbtexan
11-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Lmao texanprincess gave me neg rep!!!!! Or tried any way!

I just found out that Texansprincess is my wife.

Thanks for joining the MB.

Now, quit giving me and all of the Ags he**. LOL

Wolf
11-10-2012, 03:09 PM
JFF has them up early on Alabama 14-0

I don't think the aggies defense will hold but it is a good start

Say Watt
11-10-2012, 06:01 PM
This guy is a blast to watch. Regardless of what happens today, it is a treat getting to watch Johnny Football.

htownfan32
11-10-2012, 07:19 PM
So guys... is that suppressed Heisman talk going to pick up again?

GlassHalfFull
11-10-2012, 07:44 PM
And now the hype ramps up.

Specnatz
11-10-2012, 07:49 PM
And now the hype ramps up.

Its not hype when it is true.

GlassHalfFull
11-10-2012, 07:56 PM
The fact that Sumlin won't let him talk to the press is just adding to the mystique right now.

ESPN wanted an interview with him for their segment this week, and Sumlin said no.

I like the policy, keep him protected as much as possible.

GlassHalfFull
11-10-2012, 08:33 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1716333/magicmanziel.gif

Texan_Bill
11-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Stop it!!! Just stop it!!

Can we have this conversation next season, if he plays like this then. Just sayin'.... Meanwhile A&M wins!!

*EDIT*
WHOOP!

ATXtexanfan
11-10-2012, 09:30 PM
Stop it!!! Just stop it!!

Can we have this conversation next season, if he plays like this then. Just sayin'.... Meanwhile A&M wins!!

*EDIT*
WHOOP!

Stop what. Dude just went into bama and won against the stone cold lock for the title game. No sec in this year's title game for once. Stop what. Who cares about next year. You can never take this day from him.

beerlover
11-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Stop what. Dude just went into bama and won against the stone cold lock for the title game. No sec in this year's title game for once. Stop what. Who cares about next year. You can never take this day from him.

Or Aggie Nation!

ATXtexanfan
11-10-2012, 10:04 PM
Or Aggie Nation!

This is a good night to be an aggie

htownfan32
11-11-2012, 01:38 AM
IMO, every night's a good night to be an Aggie. :fingergun:

thunderkyss
11-11-2012, 02:29 AM
At 6'1" he's going to have that height knock on him all the way up to his eventual entrance into the NFL. A bigger concern could be as he takes off in the next few years out of the pocket will he hold up to the punishing hits SEC defenses can lay down.

Though Russel Wilson seems to be doing pretty good right now. Though Wilson even going to his last year in Wisc was a pretty polished passer.

His evolution as a QB is going to be in his understanding of passing lanes and running lanes in college. Right now the two teams that totally bottled him up stuck to their run lanes and didn't give him that run outlet that right now is an essential part of his game.

Not to take away anything from your post, but the three main things Manziel has to do over the next two years or so is

Win. If he's not on a winning club, nothing else matters
Develop as a passer
Develop as a leader

The last one is pretty important.. I don't know. But he has to be able to lead his team when he's on the field. There are no excuses for the QB. He's got to learn to exude confidence. He's got to learn how to handle the media.

We've seen some talented QBs come out of the NCAA only to fail at the highest level, because they have no leadership skills.

beerlover
11-11-2012, 06:45 AM
Not to take away anything from your post, but the three main things Manziel has to do over the next two years or so is

Win. If he's not on a winning club, nothing else matters
Develop as a passer
Develop as a leader

The last one is pretty important.. I don't know. But he has to be able to lead his team when he's on the field. There are no excuses for the QB. He's got to learn to exude confidence. He's got to learn how to handle the media.

We've seen some talented QBs come out of the NCAA only to fail at the highest level, because they have no leadership skills.

Leadership is the last thing I would concern myself with when it comes to Manziel. Accuracy should improve in time as he develops better core strength (still see him tossed around like a rag doll by big huge linemen). Maybe not as naturally gifted as Mariota (who also needs improved core strength) but must keep in mind these KIDS are redshirt freshman.

Texecutioner
11-11-2012, 09:15 PM
This kid is really fun to watch. He has really helped the Aggies to earn some respect in their new SEC conference early on. Good for Sumlin. That was a quick turnaround, and Manziel should be a dynamic player in college for at least two more years.

Wolf
11-11-2012, 10:50 PM
I heard manziel's parents trademarked Johnny football

Specnatz
11-11-2012, 10:54 PM
I heard manziel's parents trademarked Johnny football

Yes .. do not want any leaches to get a hold of it. Seems every time an athlete gets a nickname some d-wad wants to make a buck off of others hard works. Honestly these types need to be sold into prison slavery.

Hookem Horns
11-12-2012, 10:22 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img217/7723/jmiddle.jpg

Stemp
11-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Yes .. do not want any leaches to get a hold of it. Seems every time an athlete gets a nickname some d-wad wants to make a buck off of others hard works. Honestly these types need to be sold into prison slavery.

They are working with A&M to make sure he doesn't lose his eligibility. Same as what LSU did with "Honey Badger".

GlassHalfFull
11-16-2012, 02:39 PM
http://heisman.aggieathletics.com/

Heisman link up at Aggie Athletics. Fun video

FirstTexansFan
11-16-2012, 04:44 PM
http://heisman.aggieathletics.com/

Heisman link up at Aggie Athletics. Fun video

MSR... awesome :)

Insideop
11-16-2012, 04:48 PM
They are working with A&M to make sure he doesn't lose his eligibility. Same as what LSU did with "Honey Badger".

Just hope "Johnny Football" turns out better than the "Honey Badger" did. There's a lot of pressure on these kids in the public eye to perform well on the field and in their public life when they're not playing. I hope Manziel can keep it all in perspective and not throw it all away like the "Honey Badger" probably has.

Dutchrudder
11-17-2012, 02:03 PM
If anyone is looking to watch the game for free, I think this link will work shortly: http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/153806/1/watch-sam-houston-state-vs-8-texas-a-m.html

AnthonyE
11-17-2012, 02:26 PM
If anyone is looking to watch the game for free, I think this link will work shortly: http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/153806/1/watch-sam-houston-state-vs-8-texas-a-m.html

This Bearkat thanks you. msp

Dutchrudder
11-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Try this one: http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/153806/2/watch-sam-houston-state-vs-8-texas-a-m.html

also, it's on ESPN 3, but is blacked out in Texas and local areas.

The Medic01
11-17-2012, 11:12 PM
Hmm Klein and the Wildcats fall hard. Your new Heisman favorite is Manziel.

Say Watt
11-18-2012, 01:31 AM
Incredible.

Thanks for posting that video GHF. What I found the most impressive? The play where Manziel forces a fumble, gets back up, and tackles the guy who recovered the fumble. He is Mr. Energy. He just never stops playing hard.

Johnny Football!!! And this year, perhaps he is Johnny HeisManziel.

GlassHalfFull
11-18-2012, 05:30 AM
Incredible.

Thanks for posting that video GHF. What I found the most impressive? The play where Manziel forces a fumble, gets back up, and tackles the guy who recovered the fumble. He is Mr. Energy. He just never stops playing hard.

Johnny Football!!! And this year, perhaps he is Johnny HeisManziel.

I agree on the most impressive play on that video. When it happened, I couldn't believe it.

Last night, he even attempted an extra point. Sadly he missed, but it was so funny that he tried. The whole team was laughing at him.

SheTexan
11-18-2012, 08:25 AM
All I know is he's fun, fun, fun to watch!! Sure wish he was on my FF team!!

GP
11-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Looks like Steve Young to me. Pointing out to his WRs who to block for him, weaving through tacklers. Rocketing passed downfield in unorthodox manner.

Cool.

thunderkyss
11-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Is this guy really the front runner for the Heisman? I think he's awesome. I think he's having a magical season... but really?

Best player in college football? Really?

Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel has a slim edge this week. The freshman sensation, who burst on to the Heisman radar by leading the Aggies to victory at then-No.1 Alabama, received 74 points with 15 first-place votes (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2012/11/19/heisman-survey-johnny-manziel-manti-teo-collin-klein/1714173/), though his attempt to kick an extra point in a tune-up win Saturday against Sam Houston State didn't go so well.

Stemp
11-20-2012, 10:04 AM
Is this guy really the front runner for the Heisman? I think he's awesome. I think he's having a magical season... but really?

Best player in college football? Really?

No one really comes close. Lee is good, but USC lost their QB and lost to UCLA. T'eo is a joke really, D Moore at A&M has as good or better stats, just not the feel good story. Klein and KSU lost badly to Baylor and Klein had 3 INT's.

Say Watt
11-20-2012, 10:21 AM
No one really comes close. Lee is good, but USC lost their QB and lost to UCLA. T'eo is a joke really, D Moore at A&M has as good or better stats, just not the feel good story. Klein and KSU lost badly to Baylor and Klein had 3 INT's.

Yep.

I'm afraid Johnny will get screwed just because he is a freshman, but there is no question that he is the best player in the country. Even his "bad" performances against LSU and Florida were probably the best individual performances against those two teams all year. Hell, Manziel has played against something like the #2, 4, and 5 ranked defenses this year. The guy is a redshirt freshman that has played multiple games against near NFL quality defenses.

There is no one more deserving of the Heisman this year. No one.

Dutchrudder
11-20-2012, 10:39 AM
I hope Manziel gets the Heisman, and I think he deserves it, but it's hard to overlook the pity votes Teo will get from this story: http://youtu.be/j_P1rcOAwEA

Kind of weird that a devout Mormon would choose ND.

Specnatz
11-20-2012, 10:43 AM

Yes it is close, but you are only looking at the offensive side of the ball just like most of the stat reading folks.

Manti Te'o is having a great season and is a true leader.

I hope Manziel gets the Heisman, and I think he deserves it, but it's hard to overlook the pity votes Teo will get from this story: http://youtu.be/j_P1rcOAwEA

It is not pity votes, he deserves consideration.

Stemp
11-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Yes it is close, but you are only looking at the offensive side of the ball just like most of the stat reading folks.

What oustanding thing has Te'o done that should put him in serious consideration? I mean really. What stats make him shine? Or is the unidentifiable "intangibles" that people point to when they can't find hard evidence?

The truth is Te'o is having a mediocre year statistically. His stats are middle of the road. Yes, he's a good leader, but most every good team has them. Compare Te'o to Moore A&M who is the NCAA leader in sacks but has no mention for the Heisman. Very comparable.

Te'o
Tackles
TOT SOLO SACK
96 43 2

Moore
Tackles
TOT SOLO SACK
78 53 12.5

Te'o
Other stats
INT YDS TD
6 35 0

Moore
Other stats
Passes Broken Up QB Hurries Fumbles Forced Kicks/Punts Blocked
2 7 1 1

Dutchrudder
11-20-2012, 10:59 AM

Oh please, I don't care if his parents died in 9/11. The Heisman is supposed to be awarded to the best player in college football, not the one with biggest sob story. I do kind of wonder how people would react to him missing the funeral of his girlfriend over playing against Michigan though. People were pretty adamant about not missing an NFL game for the birth of a child in another thread, I can't believe the reaction would be different for a funeral of a family member.

Say Watt
11-20-2012, 11:18 AM
What oustanding thing has Te'o done that should put him in serious consideration? I mean really. What stats make him shine? Or is the unidentifiable "intangibles" that people point to when they can't find hard evidence?

The truth is Te'o is having a mediocre year statistically. His stats are middle of the road. Yes, he's a good leader, but most every good team has them. Compare Te'o to Moore A&M who is the NCAA leader in sacks but has no mention for the Heisman. Very comparable.

Te'o
Tackles
TOT SOLO SACK
96 43 2

Moore
Tackles
TOT SOLO SACK
78 53 12.5

Te'o
Other stats
INT YDS TD
6 35 0

Moore
Other stats
Passes Broken Up QB Hurries Fumbles Forced Kicks/Punts Blocked
2 7 1 1

The total tackles and 6 INTs are pretty impressive. I think you are selling Te'o a bit short. No, I don't think he deserves it over Manziel, but he should be in the discussion. Besides, he is the best player on arguably the best team in the country.

Once again, I think Manziel deserves it but if Notre Dame goes undefeated, Te'o will win the Heisman. I am hoping USC finds a way to beat them.

Specnatz
11-20-2012, 11:22 AM
Oh please, I don't care if his parents died in 9/11. The Heisman is supposed to be awarded to the best player in college football, not the one with biggest sob story. I do kind of wonder how people would react to him missing the funeral of his girlfriend over playing against Michigan though. People were pretty adamant about not missing an NFL game for the birth of a child in another thread, I can't believe the reaction would be different for a funeral of a family member.

WOW is all I got. You deserve negative rep for that because I am talking football and you are talking about something else entirely. You are the only one who brings up the underlying story.

thunderkyss
11-20-2012, 11:26 AM

I know it's going to sound stupid... but isn't the Heisman a curse of sorts for QBs?

I'd much rather he not ever win the Heisman just so he doesn't have that monkey on his back in the future.

Stupid..... only if it doesn't work.

Edit
Damn, just looked. Carson Palmer, RG III, Cam Newton, & Sam Bradford.... limited success so far, but we'll see.

Stemp
11-20-2012, 11:29 AM
The total tackles and 6 INTs are pretty impressive. I think you are selling Te'o a bit short. No, I don't think he deserves it over Manziel, but he should be in the discussion. Besides, he is the best player on arguably the best team in the country.

Once again, I think Manziel deserves it but if Notre Dame goes undefeated, Te'o will win the Heisman. I am hoping USC finds a way to beat them.

Teo ranks 40th in total tackles (Dan Molls of Toledo leads at 148) but I will agree that 6 INT's is impressive for a LB and good enough for 2nd overall. Still, he doesn't blow anyone away with stats.

The only reason Te'o will win is if enough Heisman voters simply believe a freshman shouldn't win, even if he really is the best player in the country.

Dan B.
11-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Yep.

I'm afraid Johnny will get screwed just because he is a freshman, but there is no question that he is the best player in the country. Even his "bad" performances against LSU and Florida were probably the best individual performances against those two teams all year. Hell, Manziel has played against something like the #2, 4, and 5 ranked defenses this year. The guy is a redshirt freshman that has played multiple games against near NFL quality defenses.

There is no one more deserving of the Heisman this year. No one.

Umm was your TV broken last week?

Wallace (Ole Miss last week) vs LSU at Death Valley:
passing: 15/35 310 yds 8.9 per 2 TD 3 INT
Rushing: 11 Att 54 yds 4.9 per 2 TD 58 LNG

JFF vs LSU at Kyle:
passing: 29/56 276 yds 4.9 per 0 TD 3 INT
rushing: 17 Att 27 yds 1.6 per 0 TD 14 LNG

So overall Wallace had 50 more yards on half the completions which lead to twice as many yds per pass, twice the rushing yards, and 4 td's to 0. Yeah, Johnny had "probably the best individual performances against (LSU) all year." Oh well at least he impressed Sam Montgomery. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QWuUHqSLs30)

Not to mention his performance against Florida:

23/30 173 5.8 0 0

Compared to Bray (Tennessee):
22/44 257 5.8 2 2

Rodgers at Vandy:
17/31 237 7.6 1 0

or Louisiana Lafayette's Broadway:
16/23 171 7.4 0 0

Dutchrudder
11-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Not to mention his performance against Florida:

23/30 173 5.8 0 0

Compared to Bray (Tennessee):
22/44 257 5.8 2 2

Rodgers at Vandy:
17/31 237 7.6 1 0

or Louisiana Lafayette's Broadway:
16/23 171 7.4 0 0

You're leaving out Manziel's rushing stats against Florida:
17 carries for 60 yards and a TD.

If you want to add in the rushing stats of the other 3 QBs, then it would look even better for him.

You're also leaving out the fact that it was Manziel's first game ever in the NCAA. Had they played later in the year, the outcome may have been different. He certainly has improved throughout the season. His passing ability in the Alabama game looked remarkably different compared to earlier in the season. The guy has 4100+ yards and 38 TDs this year, there's no question he deserves to win it. He's putting up Tebow 2007 type numbers against a similar schedule. By the way, that 2007 Tebow Heisman winning team was only 9-3 in the regular season. A 10-2 A&M team should seal it for him Saturday.

Dan B.
11-20-2012, 02:38 PM
You're leaving out Manziel's rushing stats against Florida:
17 carries for 60 yards and a TD.

If you want to add in the rushing stats of the other 3 QBs, then it would look even better for him.

You're also leaving out the fact that it was Manziel's first game ever in the NCAA. Had they played later in the year, the outcome may have been different. He certainly has improved throughout the season. His passing ability in the Alabama game looked remarkably different compared to earlier in the season. The guy has 4100+ yards and 38 TDs this year, there's no question he deserves to win it. He's putting up Tebow 2007 type numbers against a similar schedule. By the way, that 2007 Tebow Heisman winning team was only 9-3 in the regular season. A 10-2 A&M team should seal it for him Saturday.

Depends on how much later. It's not like Manziel lit it up against the Tigers two weeks before Halloween. BTW, Johnny's stats have been consistent throughout the year. His average QBR in the first 4 games was 171.5, the middle 3 was 123.2 (mainly due to LSU), and the last 4 his average is 184.5. His best rushing game was in week 7 against a team he was scheduled to play in his first ever game, and his best passing game was against the Hogs in week 5.

If Manziel has improved throughout the season, why did he look so bad against LSU? Heisman winning QB's don't have games like the one JFF had against LSU. It's not an award for most improved. It's an award for the best player all season long. What Heisman winning QB has ever laid an egg like those stats Manziel put up? Tebow didn't in 2007. RG III didn't last year. Cam never did either. He's ranked 22nd in QB rating, behind 3 other SEC QB's, David Ash, Nick Florence, and several others.

Stemp
11-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Depends on how much later. It's not like Manziel lit it up against the Tigers two weeks before Halloween. BTW, Johnny's stats have been consistent throughout the year. His average QBR in the first 4 games was 171.5, the middle 3 was 123.2 (mainly due to LSU), and the last 4 his average is 184.5. His best rushing game was in week 7 against a team he was scheduled to play in his first ever game, and his best passing game was against the Hogs in week 5.

If Manziel has improved throughout the season, why did he look so bad against LSU? Heisman winning QB's don't have games like the one JFF had against LSU. It's not an award for most improved. It's an award for the best player all season long. What Heisman winning QB has ever laid an egg like those stats Manziel put up? Tebow didn't in 2007. RG III didn't last year. Cam never did either. He's ranked 22nd in QB rating, behind 3 other SEC QB's, David Ash, Nick Florence, and several others.

303 yards total offense is laying an egg? It's a bad game yes with 3 INTs but it's hardly laying an egg.

Now, 3 solo tackles in a game against Wake Forest. That could be considered laying an egg.

Dan B.
11-20-2012, 03:33 PM
303 yards total offense is laying an egg? It's a bad game yes with 3 INTs but it's hardly laying an egg.

Now, 3 solo tackles in a game against Wake Forest. That could be considered laying an egg.

Umm Johnny's 3 interceptions led to 14 LSU points, including their first TD and the dagger in the fourth. He also very nearly had a fourth INT (on the drive where A&M failed to convert William's spectacular return IIRC). One could easily make the case that Manziel lost that game for A&M. Te'os team held Wake Forest to 200 yards (since that's the number you feel matters), shut Wake out, and most importantly (since points scored vs points allowed IS what matters) won the game.

But I'm willing to work with you here. Since you're offended by the term "laid an egg" and prefer "had a bad game," let me phrase the question you failed to answer like this:

What Heisman winning QB has ever had as bad of a game as Manziel had against LSU?

Dutchrudder
11-20-2012, 03:36 PM

Wait, so are we counting rushing stats or not? Because Cam Newton was a poor passer in more than a couple games, but made up for it with his feet most of the time. He was actually pretty bad in their games against LSU, MSU, and UK, but he was able to overcome his passing deficiencies with his feet. Tebow had plenty of poor passing games as well.

In any case though, this isn't a competition among Heisman winners and hopefuls. Who's your pick for this year? Collin Klein? Teo? Marquis Lee? Who deserves it more than JFF? I can agree that the competition is not as difficult as previous years, but I don't see any of the other top 5 hopefuls as having a stronger case.

Dan B.
11-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Wait, so are we counting rushing stats or not? Because Cam Newton was a poor passer in more than a couple games, but made up for it with his feet most of the time. He was actually pretty bad in their games against LSU, MSU, and UK, but he was able to overcome his passing deficiencies with his feet. Tebow had plenty of poor passing games as well.

My post was referring to QB rating primarily (which if anything underrates rushing stats). I'm not asking whether Cam Newton or Tim Tebow had fewer total passing yards or rushing yards. Feel free to count his 27 rushing yards against the Tigers, although I'm guessing Stemp won't. I'm asking if any Heisman winning QB ever had a game like the one Johnny had against LSU.

I honestly don't know if anyone has had a game like that -- for all I know Ware, Weintze, or someone like that did and I just don't recall it. I used Tebow because he was brought up, and Cam and RGIII because they were the last two to win and I knew they didn't have a game like that.

In any case though, this isn't a competition among Heisman winners and hopefuls. Who's your pick for this year? Collin Klein? Teo? Marquis Lee? Who deserves it more than JFF? I can agree that the competition is not as difficult as previous years, but I don't see any of the other top 5 hopefuls as having a stronger case.

If Notre Dame beats USC, and especially if their defense holds the Trojans in check, I think T'eo wins it. I think arguments about how many solo tackles he has are silly, because as any fan of defense knows the stats on that side of the ball are much less indicative of the value of the player. They may not be getting tackles because they are taken out of the play.

I do think Manziel absolutely belongs on the podium. He could even eventually win 2. I just don't think that he'll win it this year. Putting aside his dismal LSU game:

Number of Freshmen to win the Heisman: 0
Number of 3,000 yards passers, 1,000 yards rushers to win the Heisman: 0

Say Watt
11-20-2012, 04:19 PM
You must not have seen his interceptions in the LSU game either. One wasn't his fault at all (the Mike Evans tipped pass) and I believe another one was not completely his fault either. He did make some bad throws though. I just think you are severely overestimating how bad his game was against LSU. Take away one or two of the INTs which could be attributed to his receivers and it isn't a bad day at all against one of the best defenses in the country.

But dude, your t-sip bias is really shining through. I sure am glad to be out of the Big XII and not dealing with all the pretentious Cowgirls loving t-sips that think Vince Young is the only good QB in college football history.

Stemp
11-20-2012, 04:52 PM
But dude, your t-sip bias is really shining through. I sure am glad to be out of the Big XII and not dealing with all the pretentious Cowgirls loving t-sips that think Vince Young is the only good QB in college football history.

Shoot. I've seen some longhorns who are mad because Pittsburgh hasn't given VY a call. They honestly believe that Jeff Fischer has convinced every NFL team to blackball VY.

Stemp
11-20-2012, 04:55 PM
What Heisman winning QB has ever had as bad of a game as Manziel had against LSU?

2002: Carson Palmer went 18-of-46 for 186 yards and one touchdown in USC’s 27-20 early loss to Kansas State.

2003: Jason White went 27-of-50 for 298 yards with no touchdowns and two picks in Oklahoma’s 35-7 loss to Kansas State in the Big 12 title game.

2006: Troy Smith went 12-of-22 for 115 yards and one touchdown with two interceptions in Ohio State’s win over Penn State.

2007: Tim Tebow was 12-of-26 for 158 yards and two touchdowns with a pick in a mid-season loss to LSU.

2009: Mark Ingram had 30 yards and no touchdowns on 16 carries in a close win over Auburn in late November.

2011: Robert Griffin III threw for 425 yards and a score but also had two interceptions in a 59-24 loss to Oklahoma State.
http://heismanpundit.com/2012/10/17/horrible-games-by-heisman-winners/

Dutchrudder
11-20-2012, 05:21 PM
My post was referring to QB rating primarily (which if anything underrates rushing stats). I'm not asking whether Cam Newton or Tim Tebow had fewer total passing yards or rushing yards. Feel free to count his 27 rushing yards against the Tigers, although I'm guessing Stemp won't. I'm asking if any Heisman winning QB ever had a game like the one Johnny had against LSU.

I honestly don't know if anyone has had a game like that -- for all I know Ware, Weintze, or someone like that did and I just don't recall it. I used Tebow because he was brought up, and Cam and RGIII because they were the last two to win and I knew they didn't have a game like that.

It's a valid question, and I can't really answer it off the top of my head. I do recall RG3 having an awful game against an undefeated OK State, but covering it up in the stats with a bunch of garbage TDs. I recall him giving away that game in my mind, but I don't have it in front of me so I can't really check. However, I don't recall how much it hurt him in the voting, it was mid-season so maybe the timing was early enough to not affect him.

Iirc he had a rather poor game against a bad A&M defense last year too. Dunno if that qualifies as "laying an egg" :)

I don't think the one game should ruin Manziel's chances of winning, and the same goes for Colin Klein. That Baylor game alone shouldn't be enough to knock him out of the top 3, given all he accomplished up to that point. But comparing the two of them, I have to give it to Manziel.

If Notre Dame beats USC, and especially if their defense holds the Trojans in check, I think T'eo wins it. I think arguments about how many solo tackles he has are silly, because as any fan of defense knows the stats on that side of the ball are much less indicative of the value of the player. They may not be getting tackles because they are taken out of the play.

I do think Manziel absolutely belongs on the podium. He could even eventually win 2. I just don't think that he'll win it this year. Putting aside his dismal LSU game:

Number of Freshmen to win the Heisman: 0
Number of 3,000 yards passers, 1,000 yards rushers to win the Heisman: 0

Yeah, I'm not buying the Teo koolaide. I would much rather see Marquis Lee get it over him. Lee has had some insane games against good teams, although I'll admit haven't looked up their secondary rankings to compare. Honestly, I could vote him #1 over Manziel, he has been amazing this year and could be really special in years to come.

I really don't understand why Teo is in the discussion. Just look at this pic about Teo's stats and competition:

http://i49.tinypic.com/1430ow5.png

I'm not even sure if the INT against Michigan State shouldn't be a fumble recovery. The QB was running to the sideline and then either flips the ball sideways or just loses it somehow and it goes right to Teo. Kind of makes a difference if people are going to vote for him because of 6 INTs.

I think Shembo might be the best defensive player on that team. He gets lots of pressure, causes a ton disruption at the line. I know I have seen him make a lot of QB hits, and I think he's an interesting NFL draft prospect. Steven Tuitt is another seemingly unsung hero of that defense.

Going into this year, ND was expected to have the toughest strength of schedule, but it appears that was just hype. The Big 10 isn't nearly as strong as years past, and ND still struggled with some of those teams thanks to their anemic offense. They had trouble with teams like BYU, Purdue, and they nearly lost to Pitt in OT. I don't have a doubt in my mind that if Teo was on any other team in the nation, his name would never be mentioned for Heisman. But because he's on the Dallas Cowboys of college football, we might have an ILB with mediocre stats as the winner of the Heisman.

thunderkyss
11-20-2012, 05:54 PM
:evil:

hehehe....

Specnatz
11-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Going into this year, ND was expected to have the toughest strength of schedule, but it appears that was just hype. The Big 10 isn't nearly as strong as years past, and ND still struggled with some of those teams thanks to their anemic offense. They had trouble with teams like BYU, Purdue, and they nearly lost to Pitt in OT. I don't have a doubt in my mind that if Teo was on any other team in the nation, his name would never be mentioned for Heisman. But because he's on the Dallas Cowboys of college football, we might have an ILB with mediocre stats as the winner of the Heisman.

What ever your issue is with Notre Dame is and I have never kicked your dog or slept with any of your relatives I would kindly like you to stop the insults. Notre Dame is the complete opposite of the cowpies.

Wolf
11-20-2012, 07:26 PM
I didnt honesty read any posts. My thoughts are that he won't win the heisman. Heck he is a freshman . With that thought I thought about the years past when someone one the heisman as the best player in college football, when was the last time they won the award for the corresponding award also?For example, IF manziel won the heisman (as best college football player), would he win the o'brien as best QB? I think he will win the o'brien and another will win the heisman. I could care less but find it funny that usually the heisman doesnt win the corresponding trophy tomthe position they play also( i could be wrong also,on this)

Say Watt
11-20-2012, 08:05 PM
I didnt honesty read any posts. My thoughts are that he won't win the heisman. Heck he is a freshman . With that thought I thought about the years past when someone one the heisman as the best player in college football, when was the last time they won the award for the corresponding award also?For example, IF manziel won the heisman (as best college football player), would he win the o'brien as best QB? I think he will win the o'brien and another will win the heisman. I could care less but find it funny that usually the heisman doesnt win the corresponding trophy tomthe position they play also( i could be wrong also,on this)

Interesting. I would find it very surprising if guys like Palmer, Leinart, and other true pocket passers in college football that won the Heisman didn't also win their positional award.

Wolf
11-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Interesting. I would find it very surprising if guys like Palmer, Leinart, and other true pocket passers in college football that won the Heisman didn't also win their positional award.
Without looking I don't remember them doing it. I could be wrong

disaacks3
11-20-2012, 11:08 PM
What ever your issue is with Notre Dame is and I have never kicked your dog or slept with any of your relatives I would kindly like you to stop the insults. Notre Dame is the complete opposite of the cowpies.

Comparison looks fairly apt if you ask me. Get solid nationwide coverage even in your "suck" years? -Check

Nationwide following from cradle to grave, even for people who grew up in another state? - Check

A "destination" team..."When I grow upp, I want to play for the xxx". -Check

Dan B.
11-21-2012, 01:16 AM

Come on man, A&M had trouble with Ole Miss and nearly lost to La Tech.

At the end of the season Notre Dame will have gone 4-0 vs ranked opponents (winning by an average of 21-8) and A&M will have gone 3-2. That's the difference. Averaging three TD's on offense is more than enough when you are stifling your opponent. And T'eo, like it or not, is the perceived reason they are doing so -- the same way that Vinny Testaverde was perceived to be the reason Miami went undefeated.

Specnatz
11-21-2012, 01:22 AM
Comparison looks fairly apt if you ask me. Get solid nationwide coverage even in your "suck" years? -Check

Nationwide following from cradle to grave, even for people who grew up in another state? - Check

A "destination" team..."When I grow up, I want to play for the xxx". -Check

Class vs Dbags

ND gets National hate .. (Mark May we will be blown out by half time of every game this year) ESPNU ND could easily be passed up by a 1 loss team in the sec even if going undefeated.

ND gets nationwide following cause unlike a UT who only recruits locally, ND recruits nationally and folks from all over the country go there.

Nation wide coverage is because of the TV deal with NBC, and Mayock who is no ND homer does the broadcast he is harder on ND than most. He is less than fair but I am OK with that cause he does our broadcast so he needs to be shown as unbiased.

So the comparison is not fair or just.

Dan B.
11-21-2012, 01:27 AM
You must not have seen his interceptions in the LSU game either. One wasn't his fault at all (the Mike Evans tipped pass) and I believe another one was not completely his fault either. He did make some bad throws though. I just think you are severely overestimating how bad his game was against LSU. Take away one or two of the INTs which could be attributed to his receivers and it isn't a bad day at all against one of the best defenses in the country.

I never brought up Vince Young (who I don't defend and in fact argue with Longhorn fans about). Never brought up the University of Texas Longhorns (and I was also mature enough to refer to Texas A&M as "A&M" or "the Aggies"). Never brought up Dallas (who I don't like anyway). You are the blind homer here. Don't deflect blame because of it.

LOL "Take away one or two of his 3 INT's (which were all someone else's fault anyway) and he didn't have a bad day at all." Yeah, I'm the one with a bias...

Here's some highlights from that game that I didn't watch. JFF throws int's at the :11 second mark and the :50 second mark. These are the two that I referred to by the way -- the one that led to LSU's first score and the one that put the game away. The INT that is presumably Evans' fault isn't on the highlight reel (although I do remember Manziel tossing one that could possibly be blamed on a Hispanic kid from Galveston. Maybe that was it). Tell me how those two picks were someone else's fault please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhPH8nvv4Gw

Dan B.
11-21-2012, 02:07 AM
http://heismanpundit.com/2012/10/17/horrible-games-by-heisman-winners/

With the possible exception of Palmer (who at least had no turnovers), every one of the QB's on that list had a better game than Johnny Manziel did vs LSU.

Stemp
11-21-2012, 08:59 AM
With the possible exception of Palmer (who at least had no turnovers), every one of the QB's on that list had a better game than Johnny Manziel did vs LSU.

You are letting your bias cloud your objectivness.

A 298 total yard, 0 TD, 2 INT game against a 3 loss team who had also lost to MARSHALL that year, is in no way better than a 303 total yard, 0 TD, 3 INT game against a then undefeated team (no 2 loss against top 10 teams) who had/has a top 10 defense.

Dan B.
11-21-2012, 11:51 AM
You are letting your bias cloud your objectivness.

A 298 total yard, 0 TD, 2 INT game against a 3 loss team who had also lost to MARSHALL that year, is in no way better than a 303 total yard, 0 TD, 3 INT game against a then undefeated team (no 2 loss against top 10 teams) who had/has a top 10 defense.

No I just don't assume K-State blows cuz they aren't in the almighty SEC.

K State was a top 10 defense that year too in both YPG and PA (interesting to note you're so unbiased you'd fail to mention that) and it was the conference championship game in Kansas City. They finished the season ranked 8th (where LSU is currently ranked). White had more passing yards on fewer attempts with fewer turnovers against a team in nearly an identical spot.

Also many Heisman voters cast their ballot before that game since it was the Conference title game, which skewed the results further.That game DID cost White Heisman votes.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/football/ncaa/12/13/white.heisman.ap/

Stemp
11-21-2012, 12:00 PM
No I just don't assume K-State blows cuz they aren't in the almighty SEC.

K State was a top 10 defense that year and it was the conference championship game in Kansas City. They finished the season ranked 8th (where LSU is currently ranked). White had more passing yards on fewer attempts with fewer turnovers against a team in nearly an identical spot.

White had 1 less INT, but of the two he did have, one in the endzone the other was returned for a pick six. Plus it was the Conference championship which makes it more significant.

Now, I would say given the circumstances, both games about about equally as bad. And your statement was What Heisman winning QB has ever had as bad of a game as Manziel had against LSU?

So my answer would be Jason White.

Dan B.
11-21-2012, 12:33 PM
White had 1 less INT, but of the two he did have, one in the endzone the other was returned for a pick six. Plus it was the Conference championship which makes it more significant.

Now, I would say given the circumstances, both games about about equally as bad. And your statement was

So my answer would be Jason White.

Yeah but those INT's were all his receiver's fault anyway so they don't count :sarcasm:

I'd rather have a pick 6 than turnovers that lead to extended drives. In my opinion the only difference between a pick 6 and a pick that's converted into a touchdown on the next drive is the offense loses those extra few minutes to score back -- which hurts a lot more with 3 minutes left and you're down by one possession.

I agree with that poster on Palmer, not on White though. Oh well. AFA the conference championship the reason its significance was reduced is because many voters had already cast their ballot. Often Heisman voters tend to treat the CCG like a bowl game -- separate from the regular season. The rationale being that White shouldn't be punished or rewarded for playing an extra game. If White had had that kind of game a week earlier, on Turkey Day weekend during the regular season vs OsU he wouldn't have won the trophy.

Dutchrudder
11-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Come on man, A&M had trouble with Ole Miss and nearly lost to La Tech.

Yes, they did. La Tech was a great game by Manziel, no question about it. I can't even believe you would mention that, as he had 6 total TDs and accounted for nearly 600 yards of offense. The defense wasn't doing well that game, and they allowed La Tech to score a ton. We were leading by 27-0 at one point, but let them back into the game. It was exciting, but you can't blame Manziel at all in that game, he was the reason we won it. Unless of course you think he should have been playing cornerback and covering Patton. Then I guess you can blame him.

Ole Miss was bad for him, but despite the turnovers, he lead two late 4th quarter TD drives to come from behind and win it. He had a few turnovers, 2 INTs and I think he lost a fumble too, but he came back and they won it after being down by 10 in the fourth. I thought it was a good showing by him, regardless of how the overall game went.

At the end of the season Notre Dame will have gone 4-0 vs ranked opponents (winning by an average of 21-8) and A&M will have gone 3-2. That's the difference. Averaging three TD's on offense is more than enough when you are stifling your opponent. And T'eo, like it or not, is the perceived reason they are doing so -- the same way that Vinny Testaverde was perceived to be the reason Miami went undefeated.

ND has beaten 3 ranked teams by my count, unless you want to count Michigan State as a ranked team at 5-6. They were ranked at the time, but that was week 3 of the season, and the contenders and pretenders don't always shake out by then. Aside from those three, their next toughest opponent was 7-4 Navy. 7-4 USC might be a better team, but without Barkley they don't have much of a chance. It's not nearly as daunting of a schedule as it had been hyped in the preseason.

The difference to me is that Teo is getting attention because his team is a top ranked defense and they are undefeated. Can we at least agree that Teo wouldn't be in the conversation for #1 if ND had a loss or two? I think that has a lot to do with it. Winning tends to give Heisman hopefuls the edge and I think that has a lot to do with Teo's acclaim. I bring that up because I think Teo is riding his team's accomplishments more than his own individual achievements. Can you point to a "Heisman Moment" by Teo this season? Any close game where he was the difference maker with a clutch forced turnover, sack/TFL on the last drive of the game or a JJ Watt type of game?

AnthonyE
11-21-2012, 06:07 PM
I agree on the most impressive play on that video. When it happened, I couldn't believe it.

Last night, he even attempted an extra point. Sadly he missed, but it was so funny that he tried. The whole team was laughing at him.

I thought having him attempt it was pretty classless. But I'm biased. :spin:

Dan B.
11-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Yes, they did. La Tech was a great game by Manziel, no question about it. I can't even believe you would mention that, as he had 6 total TDs and accounted for nearly 600 yards of offense. The defense wasn't doing well that game, and they allowed La Tech to score a ton. We were leading by 27-0 at one point, but let them back into the game. It was exciting, but you can't blame Manziel at all in that game, he was the reason we won it. Unless of course you think he should have been playing cornerback and covering Patton. Then I guess you can blame him.

I wasn't blaming Manziel for A&M's defense. I don't blame T'eo for ND's crappy offense either, though.

Ole Miss was bad for him, but despite the turnovers, he lead two late 4th quarter TD drives to come from behind and win it. He had a few turnovers, 2 INTs and I think he lost a fumble too, but he came back and they won it after being down by 10 in the fourth. I thought it was a good showing by him, regardless of how the overall game went.

ND has beaten 3 ranked teams by my count, unless you want to count Michigan State as a ranked team at 5-6. They were ranked at the time, but that was week 3 of the season, and the contenders and pretenders don't always shake out by then. Aside from those three, their next toughest opponent was 7-4 Navy. 7-4 USC might be a better team, but without Barkley they don't have much of a chance. It's not nearly as daunting of a schedule as it had been hyped in the preseason.

The difference to me is that Teo is getting attention because his team is a top ranked defense and they are undefeated. Can we at least agree that Teo wouldn't be in the conversation for #1 if ND had a loss or two? I think that has a lot to do with it. Winning tends to give Heisman hopefuls the edge and I think that has a lot to do with Teo's acclaim. I bring that up because I think Teo is riding his team's accomplishments more than his own individual achievements. Can you point to a "Heisman Moment" by Teo this season? Any close game where he was the difference maker with a clutch forced turnover, sack/TFL on the last drive of the game or a JJ Watt type of game?

I absolutely agree that T'eo wouldn't be in the discussion if ND had a few losses or if he played for a different team. That's what I'm saying -- I think the fact that they went unbeaten is the biggest factor and I think you are selling their defense short. Notre Dame also tends to be one of the schools that can get enough votes for a player to win at a non traditional position (think Tim Brown).

Think like a Heisman voter. Who are the ones living in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and the Northeast going to vote for? Those Midwestern voters are the reason Troy Smith, Charles Woodson, and others along that vein got their trophies. If T'eo can get enough votes from the Northeast corridor or siphon a few off out west from Oregon/Lee doubters (Notre Dame does carry some clout out there and T'eo might win a few doubters with a dominating game vs the Trojans) he can definitely win the ballot.

Wolf
11-24-2012, 10:44 PM
So anyone think the he will win the heismanziel?

Pollardized
11-24-2012, 11:42 PM

He should. Gig 'Em.

Insideop
11-25-2012, 12:56 AM

He has the stats and the "signature win" over #1 Alabama. He should win it regardless of whether he's a Freshman or not, and nobody else has the overall numbers he has. Someone may have more passing or rushing yards than him but not both. And how many thought A&M would do this well in their 1st season in the SEC? That's right, no one! If Manziel doesn't win it, then something is wrong with the system. What was it Bear Bryant said about the Heisman and John David Crow? If he didn't win it they should stop giving it out!

PapaL
11-25-2012, 01:23 AM
We already know something is wrong w the system. Short of them giving it Reggie Bush this year who knows. There's all kinds of bias in the voting. Some people don't want a Freshman winning it. Others refuse to vote for a true defender (Woodson had snaps at WR and was a great returner). It is what it is.

Specnatz
11-25-2012, 04:05 AM
Aggies are doing the VY vote as we speak., hell I have already been told I can't tailgate anymore cause of it. Never was told that by a longhorn.

Stemp
11-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Aggies are doing the VY vote as we speak., hell I have already been told I can't tailgate anymore cause of it. Never was told that by a longhorn.

What?

disaacks3
11-25-2012, 10:19 AM

What?

Yep, no comprende. WTF are you talking about?

Rey
11-25-2012, 10:28 AM

What does that mean?

GlassHalfFull
11-25-2012, 11:11 AM
I think I know what Spec is referring to, and we really don't want to open that can of worms. It would totally derail a thread that deserves to stay on focus.

I was at the game last night and saw at least 2 Johnny F'ing Football moments.

I didn't want him winning the Heisman this year due to the distraction it could potentially cause for the next 3 years. However, with the way this season has played out, I don't see how he doesn't win it.

Dutchrudder
11-25-2012, 11:17 AM
This is the best Manziel for Heisman video yet:

http://youtu.be/XI8Z8jz8W_s

GlassHalfFull
11-26-2012, 10:29 AM
@CBSSportsSEC: And Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel has been named the Johnny Manziel of the week (our new name for SEC freshman of the week)

:tiphat:

GlassHalfFull
11-26-2012, 07:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MOXIyVItlo

Video of all of his touchdowns for the season. Enjoy.

NitroGSXR
11-29-2012, 07:02 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8691846/student-sent-home-haircut-depicting-texas-johnny-manziel

Christian Chavez of Kerrville, Texas, isn't shy about his support of Texas A&M quarterback and hometown hero Johnny Manziel's talents or his Heisman Trophy campaign.

When barber Rob "The Original" Ferrel of San Antonio, Texas, offered via Facebook to cut a portrait of Manziel into anyone's hair who was willing, Chavez leapt at the chance.

By the end of the day Wednesday, Chavez was sporting a reasonable likeness of the freshman phenom shaved into his scalp, along with Manziel's "Johnny Football" nickname and the Texas A&M logo.

DJ Christian Rios/Dreamonoid Productions
Christian Chavez of Kerrville, Texas, was sent home from school for this haircut depicting Texas A&M freshman Johnny Manziel.
Chavez, 17, got a surprise when he arrived at Hill Country High School in Kerrville on Thursday. He said he was sent home by the school's principal and told not to return until he had Manziel's likeness removed.

"I love the haircut. I'm a big fan of Johnny. My parents love it, too. They like Johnny. My older brother played with Johnny," said Chavez, who shared practice time with Manziel on the same football field when he was a freshman and sophomore junior varsity player at Tivy High School, Manziel's alma mater.

thunderkyss
11-29-2012, 07:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8691846/student-sent-home-haircut-depicting-texas-johnny-manziel
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/1129/play_r_manzielhaircut_mb_288.jpg

Wow.

b0ng
11-29-2012, 07:59 PM
This is the best Manziel for Heisman video yet:

http://youtu.be/XI8Z8jz8W_s

This needs to have "Yakkety Sax" playing in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MOXIyVItlo

Video of all of his touchdowns for the season. Enjoy.

Holy **** that TD he throws at the 1:00 minute mark looks like he's trying to do a GSP superman punch.

GlassHalfFull
11-29-2012, 08:23 PM
Johnny Football Haircut Gets Student in Hot Water at School (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/most-artistic-johnny-football-haircut-tribute-ever-185212111--ncaaf.html)

One student's expression of his love and adoration for Texas A&M's freshman phenom quarterback Johnny Manziel - a crazy haircut that featured Manziel's likeness - got the student in trouble at school.
The student, Christian Chavez of Kerrville, Texas, got the most amazing haircut we've ever seen from Rob the Original, a barbershop in San Antonio. The school wasn't too keen on it, however.
According to ESPN.com, Chavez said he was sent home from Hill Country High School and was told he couldn't return until the likeness was gone from his head.
ESPN.com got a statement from the school district's public relations specialist, who said the haircut violated the school's dress code, which says, "Hair must be clean and neatly groomed. Only natural hair colors are acceptable. Hairstyles that are distracting are not acceptable."
The PR specialist told ESPN.com that Chavez was placed in an area of school where he wouldn't distract other students with his haircut, and that he wasn't kicked out of school but rather left on his own "at an appropriate time and in an appropriate manner." The specialist also said the school wants Chavez to return to school tomorrow, and as long as his haircut is the same, he'll be placed in an area where he doesn't distract other students.
Chavez is planning to keep the haircut just a little while longer.
"Might as well keep it keep it tomorrow (Friday) and get it cut either Sunday or Monday. I thought I would be fine," he told ESPN.com. "I was surprised. My mom came and got me. She didn't like the fact they told me to go home."
That's too bad, because the haircut really is incredible.

Texan_Bill
11-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Gig 'em!!!!.... Whoop!!!!

That said, I'm tired of the whole "Johnny Football" hype.... If the kid wins the Heisman, AWESOME! If not, he has a a couple more years to that...

That said, can we please quit with all the dumbass bull****? PLEASE????

htownfan32
12-02-2012, 03:20 AM
Yeah, I seriously hope we don't turn into the Cult of David Ash/Colt McCoy/Vince Young like they have at UT. A friend of mine ran into David Ash and pretty much doubled over in orgasmic delight. I've heard people treat Johnny pretty normal around campus.
Seriously, though, isn't it great to have probably the best dual threat QB in the nation? Only Mariota comes close, and Mariota plays in the PAC-12.

thunderkyss
12-02-2012, 08:41 AM
I didn't get to see the game last night, but I heard they made him look human.

Hurt his chances at the Heisman?

GlassHalfFull
12-02-2012, 09:01 AM
I didn't get to see the game last night, but I heard they made him look human.

Hurt his chances at the Heisman?

???

Aggies did not play yesterday.

thunderkyss
12-02-2012, 09:14 AM
???

Aggies did not play yesterday.

That's great news. I was watching A&M vs LSU yesterday on ESPN 3D. must have been a replay. I was thinking LSU must have his number. Good game though.

So he still has a shot.

Stemp
12-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Now this is awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dACjNZG4WKU

GlassHalfFull
12-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel is unanimous choice for SEC offensive player of the year (http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/texas-aandm-quarterback-johnny-manziel-is-unanimous-choice-for-sec-offensive-player-of-the-year/2012/12/03/c87223ee-3d82-11e2-8a5c-473797be602c_story.html)

Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel was a unanimous choice Monday for Associated Press Southeastern Conference offensive player of the year after a dynamic debut season in College Station.

Texas A&M’s Kevin Sumlin was named coach of the year, beating out Florida’s Will Muschamp.

Manziel also was an overwhelming choice as freshman of the year, in addition to being selected on all ballots as the first-team quarterback — not bad in a league that features the nation’s two highest-rated passers: Alabama’s A.J. McCarron and Georgia’s Aaron Murray.

“This season has been incredibly surreal,” Manziel said. “It’s beyond my wildest imagination. It’s a true testament to how this team has grown every week, because without these guys none of my individual success would be anything.”

He is also considered a leading candidate for the Heisman Trophy, which will be awarded in New York on Saturday. Manziel has put up bigger numbers than former Auburn quarterback Cam Newton, a landslide pick for the Heisman in 2010.

No freshman has ever won college football’s highest individual honor.

Dutchrudder
12-05-2012, 11:09 AM
This Heisman vote tracking site is projecting Manziel to win. Right now they have him doubling Teo's number of 1st place votes.

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/2012/12/05/heisman-projection-140-ballots/

Tailgate
12-05-2012, 12:18 PM
No disrespect, but the heisman crop this year is really weak imo.

drs23
12-05-2012, 12:19 PM
This Heisman vote tracking site is projecting Manziel to win. Right now they have him doubling Teo's number of 1st place votes.

http://www.stiffarmtrophy.com/2012/12/05/heisman-projection-140-ballots/

No freshman has ever won college football’s highest individual honor.

So is this the year a freshman wins the Trophy? Seems deserving to me.

Dutchrudder
12-05-2012, 01:07 PM
No disrespect, but the heisman crop this year is really weak imo.

Definitely, but it's an annual award and they aren't going to skip a year due to lesser talent.

So is this the year a freshman wins the Trophy? Seems deserving to me.

Well, no truly defense-only player has ever won it, and Teo could be the first to do that. He also could be the first Mormon to win it.

No Heisman winner has ever passed for 3000 yards and rushed for 1000 in their award winning season. No freshman has ever won it.

Tebow was the first Sophomore to win it, Newton was the first Juco transfer to win it, etc etc. I'm sure we could find specific firsts with any Heisman winner, so I don't think the voters will be too hung up on that. Either way, one of these two players will be the first at something.

Señor Stan
12-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Definitely, but it's an annual award and they aren't going to skip a year due to lesser talent.

Well, no truly defense-only player has ever won it, and Teo could be the first to do that. He also could be the first Mormon to win it.

No Heisman winner has ever passed for 3000 yards and rushed for 1000 in their award winning season. No freshman has ever won it.

Tebow was the first Sophomore to win it, Newton was the first Juco transfer to win it, etc etc. I'm sure we could find specific firsts with any Heisman winner, so I don't think the voters will be too hung up on that. Either way, one of these two players will be the first at something.

That would be Ty Detmer...

Dutchrudder
12-05-2012, 02:52 PM
That would be Ty Detmer...

I thought he converted after he won it.

Señor Stan
12-05-2012, 03:09 PM
I thought he converted after he won it.

You are correct sir! I didn't know he had converted while there...assumed he was Mormon going in.

So Ty Detmer is the 1st Heisman winner to convert to Mormonism. Sweet!

Dutchrudder
12-05-2012, 03:13 PM
You are correct sir! I didn't know he had converted while there...assumed he was Mormon going in.

So Ty Detmer is the 1st Heisman winner to convert to Mormonism. Sweet!

Cool, just repeating what I heard on TV the other day. They were talking about firsts and how it's unavoidable this year. Although, it seems with things like this or voting for President, there is always a new barrier that's broken.

steelbtexan
12-06-2012, 09:40 AM
I've got family that married into the Detmers extended family, unless he has converted lately Ty isn't a mormon. Is Manziel a mormon?

Dutchrudder
12-06-2012, 10:19 AM
I've got family that married into the Detmers extended family, unless he has converted lately Ty isn't a mormon. Is Manziel a mormon?

No, Manti Teo is a mormon.

Ty Detmer's wiki page says he converted to mormonism while in school, but doesn't give a date. I guess you would have to ask him or use some Google-fu to figure it out.

Stemp
12-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Manziel won the Davey O'Brien award for the best QB in the nation.

Later tonight, we'll find out about the Maxwell award.

htownfan32
12-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Manziel won the Davey O'Brien award for the best QB in the nation.

Later tonight, we'll find out about the Maxwell award.

If not for finals, partying excuse found.

GlassHalfFull
05-17-2013, 06:42 AM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8538/8745754077_ce8d3eb2dd_o.gif

Honoring Earl 34
05-17-2013, 06:51 AM
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8538/8745754077_ce8d3eb2dd_o.gif

I'm not sure how long he'll be in the spotlight but I am sure he's going to make the most of it .

TwoFive
05-20-2013, 06:19 PM
He's the same size Vick was at the same age... dont see whats the big deal on his size :tiphat:

Stemp
05-20-2013, 08:04 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=9076787

TexansSeminole
05-21-2013, 12:13 AM
GHF, your image isn't showing up for me.

Wolf
06-16-2013, 01:03 PM
He had a little moment of frustration,It seems
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/johnny-manziel-tweets-t-wait-leave-college-station-154306191.html

Stemp
06-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Story is someone in CS keeps calling to get his car towed doesn't know who. This last time came back from a fishing trip to find it had been towed again.

Rey
06-16-2013, 05:30 PM
Manziel is so Hollywood. But I'm rooting for him.

htownfan32
06-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Story is someone in CS keeps calling to get his car towed doesn't know who. This last time came back from a fishing trip to find it had been towed again.

Alright, I'd be pretty mad if this was happening to me too.
That being said, I love my university, but College Station blows. Hard. I go to Austin or come back to Houston if I want a break.

chicagotexan2
06-17-2013, 01:30 PM
Manziel is so Hollywood. But I'm rooting for him.

Yes and yes. The guy is electric. They should just rename Twitter to Whiner.

eriadoc
06-17-2013, 02:26 PM
Alright, I'd be pretty mad if this was happening to me too.

I'd be pissed. But I can promise without reservation that I wouldn't tweet what he tweeted. I guess it started with Facebook, but people today feel the need to inform as many hundreds or thousands of people as they can that they are currently frustrated, happy, hungry, horny, bored, or any variety of other transient emotion that crosses their mind.

Blake
06-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Its no secret that CS is a ****hole and there is a reason why most people leave once they graduate. JM just let his emotions get the best of him, and maybe some alcohol was involved.

Stemp
06-17-2013, 04:41 PM
Its no secret that CS is a ****hole and there is a reason why most people leave once they graduate. JM just let his emotions get the best of him, and maybe some alcohol was involved.

Haters gonna hate.

chicagotexan2
06-17-2013, 05:36 PM
I'd be pissed. But I can promise without reservation that I wouldn't tweet what he tweeted. I guess it started with Facebook, but people today feel the need to inform as many hundreds or thousands of people as they can that they are currently frustrated, happy, hungry, horny, bored, or any variety of other transient emotion that crosses their mind.

It makes him and every other cry baby look like a sorry little gossiping school girl. Somebody send jonny football a link to the texans talk random thought of the day thread.

htownfan32
06-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Haters gonna hate.

College Station is great if you're starting a family or into country culture. If not, it's just another town.

Texan_Bill
06-17-2013, 09:48 PM

Haters gonna hate.

Exactly Stemp!!! "Haters gonna Hate!!"

BCS is awesome!!! I had plenty of fun there!!!!

Blake, the reason most people leave there after graduation is because they leave there with a meaningful degree which they take jobs in major cities where engineering, construction and veterinary sciences need good people. Often times that means they move away from BCS. No??

Texan_Bill
06-17-2013, 09:49 PM
College Station is great if you're starting a family or into country culture. If not, it's just another town.

YES!! BCS is a great "small town community"!!!

Wolf
06-17-2013, 09:51 PM
Or retiring

That is Kerrville

htownfan32
06-18-2013, 01:45 AM
Or retiring

That is Kerrville

Retiring too. I wouldn't mind growing old or raising kids of my own in College Station. Friendly community, some nice schools, and friggin' Layne's Chicken Fingers.

steelbtexan
06-18-2013, 09:15 AM
Just like those good ole Ags.

They get the best college football player in the nation and then proceed to do everything they can to run him off as quickly as he can get out of BCS. LOL

b0ng
06-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Just like those good ole Ags.

They get the best college football player in the nation and then proceed to do everything they can to run him off as quickly as he can get out of BCS. LOL

I'm not sure if this kind of behavior is strictly a college station thing but you'd think Manziel fans would treat him like a King in a city so centered around the University there, not repeatedly try to get his ride towed.

If it's some bull**** about trying to keep him from partying so much (Which I could see some idiot taking it upon themselves to do something like this to "save Johnny from himself") I can completely see why he would tweet out some stuff like that. Either way, I doubt Manziel is going to be swayed to stay in an extra year at school if this is how people around college station treat him.

Heath Shuler
06-18-2013, 12:12 PM

Seems like a pretty simple solution; stop illegally parking your car.

Stemp
06-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Seems like a pretty simple solution; stop illegally parking your car.

It may not be that simple.

Many apartment complexes have specified spaces for apartments and visitors have to park in the designated visitor spaces. If another car is parked in your space, you can call the towing company and they will tow it out. And there is nothing stopping a person from falsely having a car towed from a space that isn't theirs. The tow drivers eventually learn which cars belong and which don't if it happens often, but there are several drivers and they service several complexes so it can be towed anyways. Happened to a former GF of mine a long time ago and it happened to me too, as someone had my car towed from her space.

Now, that said, I've heard 2 other explanations for the tweet but no one can give a definite answer. Something obviously frustrated him that night and he mistakenly vented on Twitter.

TexansSeminole
06-18-2013, 08:12 PM

Many apartment complexes have specified spaces for apartments and visitors have to park in the designated visitor spaces. If another car is parked in your space, you can call the towing company and they will tow it out. And there is nothing stopping a person from falsely having a car towed from a space that isn't theirs. The tow drivers eventually learn which cars belong and which don't if it happens often, but there are several drivers and they service several complexes so it can be towed anyways. Happened to a former GF of mine a long time ago and it happened to me too, as someone had my car towed from her space.

Now, that said, I've heard 2 other explanations for the tweet but no one can give a definite answer. Something obviously frustrated him that night and he mistakenly vented on Twitter.

This post is very true and can be even worse than that. In Tallahassee, the tow companies were predatory in nature. Tow first, ask questions or check tags later. I was in property management in Tallahassee and I had my car towed, and I would take calls weekly in regards to residents cars being towed. In those properties, residents had decals that gave them permission to park wherever in the complex that they wished. It comes down to the fact that some tow companies just don't check for the decal. If you drive a nicer vehicle, you are also likely to get towed. It was $88 every time a car got towed and they rarely, and I mean rarely, would let a car out without payment. That's even after I, as the property manager, would call the tow company and explain that the person was a resident and was parked within our conditions.

chicagotexan2
06-18-2013, 10:27 PM
This post is very true and can be even worse than that. In Tallahassee, the tow companies were predatory in nature. Tow first, ask questions or check tags later. I was in property management in Tallahassee and I had my car towed, and I would take calls weekly in regards to residents cars being towed. In those properties, residents had decals that gave them permission to park wherever in the complex that they wished. It comes down to the fact that some tow companies just don't check for the decal. If you drive a nicer vehicle, you are also likely to get towed. It was $88 every time a car got towed and they rarely, and I mean rarely, would let a car out without payment. That's even after I, as the property manager, would call the tow company and explain that the person was a resident and was parked within our conditions.

I can relate. When a deekhead would park on my spot in my building id honk but I wouldn't call the wrecker. Instead I'd park my car behind theirs and leave a note 'now you wait for me'. Id just sit by window and take my sweet time coming downstairs. It happened way too often I'm surprised we never came to blows.

BullNation4Life
06-19-2013, 09:32 AM
YES!! BCS is a great "small town community"!!!

Born and raised in BCS, well I went to school in Caldwell, 30 miles west. Dad was a professor at TAMU for 36 years...

It was the best of times...it was the worst of times....

ChampionTexan
06-19-2013, 04:29 PM

A little more "information", and if this is accurate, there was no towing of vehicles involved.
Texas A&M sophomore quarterback Johnny Manziel’s frustrated Twitter post at 1:38 a.m. Sunday morning claiming it’s “(expletive) like tonight is a reason why I can’t wait to leave college station … whenever it may be,” was over a parking ticket, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

Manziel, the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner, had been fishing in Port Aransas on Saturday and talked over the phone to an officer, who wrote him a ticket for being parked the wrong way in front of his house and for his windows being tinted too dark (his vehicle was in College Station while he was with friends in Port Aransas), according to the insider.
LINK (http://blog.chron.com/aggies/2013/06/manziels-tweet-over-parking-ticket-heisman-winner-also-nearly-juco-bound-last-summer/)

Stemp
06-19-2013, 06:12 PM
Tinted too dark? And he could tell at 2am in the dark.

I guess CSPD is like any other small town who does BS like this to raise revenue

ChampionTexan
06-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Tinted too dark? And he could tell at 2am in the dark.

I guess CSPD is like any other small town who does BS like this to raise revenue

Why are you assuming that the ticket was written immediately before the tweet was sent? Anything you've read or heard to make you believe that was the case?

Dan B.
06-20-2013, 01:11 AM
I've never heard of a cop talking to an offender over the phone for a parking ticket. Weird.

b0ng
06-21-2013, 01:14 PM
A little more "information", and if this is accurate, there was no towing of vehicles involved.

LINK (http://blog.chron.com/aggies/2013/06/manziels-tweet-over-parking-ticket-heisman-winner-also-nearly-juco-bound-last-summer/)

This is just about as bizarre as most of the stuff we could come up with just spitballin about his tweet.

htownfan32
06-21-2013, 03:21 PM
CSPD ain't nice. :pinned:

Say Watt
06-21-2013, 03:24 PM
CSPD ain't nice. :pinned:

Worst cops of just about any place I have ever been. The story doesn't surprise me in the slightest. They live for doing nothing but giving a bunch of college kids a hard time.

Stemp
06-21-2013, 03:25 PM
Worst cops of just about any place I have ever been. The story doesn't surprise me in the slightest. They live for doing nothing but giving a bunch of college kids a hard time.

QFT

gg no re
07-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel is the reigning Heisman Trophy winner, the favorite to win it again during the upcoming college football season and the potential No. 1 overall pick whenever he decides to make the jump to the NFL. Despite all of that, Manziel couldn't make it through the 2013 Manning Passing Academy in Thibodaux, La., as he was reportedly sent home due to illness, according to Chris Mortensen of ESPN.com.

his statement comes on the heels of rumors that Manziel was actually sent home for staying out late the night before and showing up tardy to practice sessions.

Rumors and Rants originally reported Manziel's rumored debauchery, as a source with supposed knowledge of the situation told the site that Archie Manning was the one who sent Manziel home. Manziel was supposed to participate in the "Air It Out" skills challenge, but he didn't show up until noon and was reportedly asked to leave.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1703564-johnny-manziel-leaves-manning-camp-early-officials-dispute-rumors?utm_source=twitter.com

Honoring Earl 34
07-14-2013, 03:58 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1703564-johnny-manziel-leaves-manning-camp-early-officials-dispute-rumors?utm_source=twitter.com

Out partying with AJ McCarron .

NitroGSXR
07-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Somebody needs to take away his fake ID. Kid ain't 21 yet.

HoustonFrog
07-14-2013, 08:18 PM
Where there's smoke there's fire. He wasn't sick unless sick = hungover. Another pic with Eli and Peyton is there too. So basically everyone else went to bed and he stayed out. Tired of hearing about him.

GlassHalfFull
07-14-2013, 09:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9477018/johnny-manziel-texas-aggies-leaves-manning-passing-academy-cites-illness

"Johnny Manziel did participate in some activities in the 2013 Manning Passing Academy as a college counselor/coach," the statement said. "After missing and being late for practice assignments, Johnny explained that he had been feeling ill. Consequently, we agreed that it was in everyone's best interest for him to go home a day early."

It was Manziel's first appearance as college coach/counselor at the passing academy after he had been a camper twice during his high school years.

"I enjoyed meeting Johnny," said Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning "I can remember a 20-year-old Eli [Manning] missing a meeting [at camp] and catching some flak. We always have counselors who leave early. Johnny was great with the campers for the time he was here. He had to leave early. I wish him the best and I want him to come back as a counselor next year."

Manziel could not be reached for comment. He apologized privately to camp officials for being unable to fulfill his commitment.

The Manning Passing Academy, in its 18th year, began Thursday evening and wrapped up Sunday morning. Manziel went home Saturday afternoon after missing the morning session.

And these days with rumor mongering sites, too often there is just smoke blowing up your a$$.

HoustonFrog
07-15-2013, 08:30 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9477018/johnny-manziel-texas-aggies-leaves-manning-passing-academy-cites-illness

And these days with rumor mongering sites, too often there is just smoke blowing up your a$$.

This is the cover up version. I'ts not like this is the first "drama" the kids been involved in. In fact look at all the tweets about him being out the next night(more than I posted below)...yet family says he was at home with dehydration. This whole thing cracks me up. I actually feel bad for the kid at times but oh well...

http://deadspin.com/was-johnny-manziel-sent-home-from-mannings-camp-for-be-777475183

Really over @JManziel2 for not sitting in my section tonight at hookah

— Jillian (@JillianKMoss) July 14, 2013

I may have terrified @JManziel2 on NG when I darted past him and announced his presence, but sorry and I hope you had a good night out!!!!

— Sydney✞ (@MissAggieCO) July 14, 2013
NG is short for Northgate, College Station's bar strip. Hookah Station is part of the Northgate strip.

Honoring Earl 34
07-15-2013, 09:20 AM
He's bigtime .

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130715/johnny-manziel-aaron-hernandez-monday-morning-quarterback/?sct=hp_t11_a2&eref=sihp

steelbtexan
07-15-2013, 09:29 AM
This is the cover up version. I'ts not like this is the first "drama" the kids been involved in. In fact look at all the tweets about him being out the next night(more than I posted below)...yet family says he was at home with dehydration. This whole thing cracks me up. I actually feel bad for the kid at times but oh well...

http://deadspin.com/was-johnny-manziel-sent-home-from-mannings-camp-for-be-777475183

It appears that the Ags are doing everything they can to make sure another potential Heisman will never choose to attend A&M again. This makes me LOL.

HJam72
07-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Where there's smoke there's fire. He wasn't sick unless sick = hungover. Another pic with Eli and Peyton is there too. So basically everyone else went to bed and he stayed out. Tired of hearing about him.

I laughed at Archie Manning's PC statement that Manziel was "dehydrated." Yeah, alcohol will do that to ya. I don't really have a problem so much with what I know about Manziel, though. He's a kid that has some growing up to do. In one way or another, didn't we all...

htownfan32
07-15-2013, 10:21 AM
As long as he wins us a natty, I don't care what he does. He can go full Jamarcus Russell as a pro if he wants. My opinion of JM has been slowly falling over this offseason. I understand he's just 20, but he's still essentially an unofficial spokesman of the university. He should conduct himself in a better manner.

The1ApplePie
07-15-2013, 10:38 AM
Young, rich, famous kid acting young, rich, and famous... how dare he.

htownfan32
07-15-2013, 10:44 AM

It's not that. He can party all he likes, he's a college kid. But when it comes to being an effective ambassador for A&M, he should at least be able to do that. He handles himself really well in the interviews, but the off-camera stuff follows him around all the time.

Rey
07-15-2013, 10:56 AM

How can you define acting young rich and famous?

What does that mean? Acting an Ass? Acting mature? Acting wild? Being reserved?

What exactly does acting young rich and famous mean? I've seen young, rich and famous people act all kinds of different ways...

The1ApplePie
07-15-2013, 11:02 AM
How can you define acting young rich and famous?

What does that mean? Acting an Ass? Acting mature? Acting wild? Being reserved?

What exactly does acting young rich and famous mean? I've seen young, rich and famous people act all kinds of different ways...

Parties, chicks, jet-setting around the country, living life that few get to experience.

HoustonFrog
07-15-2013, 11:29 AM
I laughed at Archie Manning's PC statement that Manziel was "dehydrated." Yeah, alcohol will do that to ya. I don't really have a problem so much with what I know about Manziel, though. He's a kid that has some growing up to do. In one way or another, didn't we all...

Exactly! I have nothing against college kids doing college stuff. You just have to pick your places and be a little more careful since you now are a Heisman winner and represent that school. Especially around football "royalty." He just isn't very smart when it comes to these decisions.

Fred
07-15-2013, 09:08 PM
As long as he wins us a natty, I don't care what he does. He can go full Jamarcus Russell as a pro if he wants. My opinion of JM has been slowly falling over this offseason. I understand he's just 20, but he's still essentially an unofficial spokesman of the university. He should conduct himself in a better manner.

Repped. Johnny is definitely following the Jamarcus Russell / Ryan Leaf path not the Peyton Manning / Drew Brees path.

Saw something on the Manning/Leaf draft. They were asked, "what will be the first thing you do if you are the #1 pick?" Manning's answer was the "learn the playbook and get to know my teammates". Leaf's answer was "Go to Vegas!" Pretty obvious which answer Johnny would choose. As other posters have said, there's nothing wrong with that. But I would rather have my QB model himself a little more on P. Manning, a little less on R. Leaf.

AngryNateFTW
07-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Repped. Johnny is definitely following the Jamarcus Russell / Ryan Leaf path not the Peyton Manning / Drew Brees path.

Saw something on the Manning/Leaf draft. They were asked, "what will be the first thing you do if you are the #1 pick?" Manning's answer was the "learn the playbook and get to know my teammates". Leaf's answer was "Go to Vegas!" Pretty obvious which answer Johnny would choose. As other posters have said, there's nothing wrong with that. But I would rather have my QB model himself a little more on P. Manning, a little less on R. Leaf.

Love this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3HBBUJTTFE

Fred
07-15-2013, 09:27 PM
Love this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3HBBUJTTFE

I couldn't remember where, but that is where I saw it. Watch the video and tell me if you aren't thinking, "yep, that's Johnny Heismanziel".

steelbtexan
07-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Manziel is doing what most famous 20 yr old kids would be doing in this situation. He's probably been this way most of his life. His dad is an oilfield guy and his grandfather was a cockfighting legend. This is a way of life for his family. It's nothing new, but it doesn't sit well with the Aggies.

With that said most Aggies would sell their souls for another win against Saban and Alabama at Kyle field this yr. Dont count on it, I'm sure you will have your built in scapegoat. (Manziel) When in truth the A&M program would still be a relative little sisters of the poor without Manziel.

BTW, didn't Manziel get arrested last yr before he became the starting QB at A&M? What's changed? Manziel winning a Heisman? A&M becoming relevant in college football? There's a trade off, and winning conquers all. Even if Aggies wont admit it. You cant win big in sports with a chiorboy mentality that some/most Aggies want/seem to have.

pbat488
07-16-2013, 04:23 AM
I have no idea wtf you're trying to say, but yes, he was arrested last spring.

johnny is an immature ****, but god damnit, he's ****in' great at football

steelbtexan
07-16-2013, 08:41 AM
I have no idea wtf you're trying to say, but yes, he was arrested last spring.

johnny is an immature ****, but god damnit, he's ****in' great at football

If your addressing my post, I'm saying Manziel has done more for Aggie football than any player in the last 50 yrs. (Made them relevant in the SEC) and the studentbody/cops/Bryan, College Station citizenry are doing everything they can to make his life as hard as possible there.

Cant a 20 yr old college kid be a 20 yr old college kid? When Johnny Football is gone after next yr and A&M falls back into irrelevance again they will have nobody to blame but themselves. They wont be as bad as the Coach Fran yrs, which really provided great humor for other colleges around the state, but I wouldn't count on finishing in the top 10 again any time soon.

BTW, how many confrence championships has Sumlin won? I could see him winning 8-10 games a yr for the next 4-5 yrs with Sherman's guys and then giving A&M the Gillispie maneuver.

Hope that helps clarify my previous post.

b0ng
07-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Most of the posters here sound like oldfarts at a barbershop (Except for steelb which is baffling to me). If Manziel is out there on Saturday's throwing the ball and doing what he did in 2012 most of the people dogging him in this thread will either be cheering him on or will keep it to themselves.

And most A&M fans will probably tell you, if he's Johnny Football on Saturdays then they don't give a **** if he's Johnny Partyboy on Friday nights.

steelbtexan
07-16-2013, 10:44 AM
Glad to baffle you, I will be of service any time you like.

You are a hard man to baffle.

LOL

Wolf
07-16-2013, 04:33 PM
There was issues in Kerrville also. He needs to hopefully grow up a little bit.

ATXtexanfan
07-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Bama will crush aTm in college station. I do mean crush. Payback is a mofo

Fred
07-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Manziel is doing what most famous 20 yr old kids would be doing in this situation. He's probably been this way most of his life. His dad is an oilfield guy and his grandfather was a cockfighting legend. This is a way of life for his family. It's nothing new, but it doesn't sit well with the Aggies.

True, and that is why most famous 20 year old kids become 22 year old has-beens. (I'm looking at you, Lindsay Lohan.)

Overheard in 2015: "Who's the angry homeless drunk in the corner?" "That's Johnny Manziel. Won the Heisman a couple of years ago." "Really? Wow, that's sad."

At the rate he is going, while Bridgewater and Boyd are starting for NFL teams, Johnny will be trying to weedle a loan so he can get some action down on the next cockfight.

With that said most Aggies would sell their souls for another win against Saban and Alabama at Kyle field this yr. Dont count on it, I'm sure you will have your built in scapegoat. (Manziel) When in truth the A&M program would still be a relative little sisters of the poor without Manziel.

No, not just a win over Alabama, needs to be a National Championship. If Manziel doesn't make the improvement in play you should expect between the first and second year, yeah people will think he probably didn't work very hard on football, and that he may have even been drunk or hungover (errr, "dehydrated") during the games. That is 100% on him for working so hard to create that impression. And A&M has done a lot more for Manziel than vice versa.

BTW, didn't Manziel get arrested last yr before he became the starting QB at A&M? What's changed? Manziel winning a Heisman? A&M becoming relevant in college football? There's a trade off, and winning conquers all. Even if Aggies wont admit it. You cant win big in sports with a chiorboy mentality that some/most Aggies want/seem to have.

Being the starting QB instead of a 3rd stringer who has never been in a game? Yes, it makes a difference. And he should be a year more mature. Instead he is building a pattern. And you are right, if he can roll out of the locker room drunk off his butt and lead the team to an undefeated season then that's awesome. As to the silly "choirboys can't win" no one is demanding angels. But I don't see how having your star player being drunk 7 nights a week and hungover 7 mornings a week improves your chances of winning.

htownfan32
07-17-2013, 01:20 AM
We'll be fine when Manziel leaves. I believe in Kevin Sumlin and his system.
But yeah, Manziel needs to be in Championship or bust attitude. This is the statement year if he's planning on leaving for the draft.

As for the Bama game, I don't think we'll be crushed. We might lose a tight game, but not crushed. We have some cream puffs prior to the bama game for the team to get acclimated to football. Hopefully they'll be back in the swing of things when the tide comes to Kyle. The 12th Man, myself iincluded (got my damn sports pass) will be waiting for them to help out our team win this thing.
Manziel, just bring us home.

Rey
07-17-2013, 09:52 AM
At this point I'll be surprised if JM has a great year.

I don't think he's fully committed to football and I don't know if he's that much better than everyone else where he can afford for that to be the case.

Stemp
07-17-2013, 10:02 AM

I don't think he's fully committed to football and I don't know if he's that much better than everyone else where he can afford for that to be the case.

I guess you are in for a surprise.
If this was happening during the season or a week or so before the season started I could understand.
But all this happened in the offseason. Plus people were positive he would play poorly in the CB due to all the hoopla for the award season and the heisman and he destroyed OU.

So I think you are a bit premature with your thinking. Or you are just a hater. :kitten:

Rey
07-17-2013, 10:12 AM
I guess you are in for a surprise.
If this was happening during the season or a week or so before the season started I could understand.
But all this happened in the offseason. Plus people were positive he would play poorly in the CB due to all the hoopla for the award season and the heisman and he destroyed OU.

So I think you are a bit premature with your thinking. Or you are just a hater. :kitten:

How you take my comments as being a hater is beyond me, but maybe you're just a jock rider. If that's is the case, then I fully understand.

Maybe you should tuck your emotions away for a second.

steelbtexan
07-17-2013, 10:15 AM
True, and that is why most famous 20 year old kids become 22 year old has-beens. (I'm looking at you, Lindsay Lohan.)

Overheard in 2015: "Who's the angry homeless drunk in the corner?" "That's Johnny Manziel. Won the Heisman a couple of years ago." "Really? Wow, that's sad."

At the rate he is going, while Bridgewater and Boyd are starting for NFL teams, Johnny will be trying to weedle a loan so he can get some action down on the next cockfight.

No, not just a win over Alabama, needs to be a National Championship. If Manziel doesn't make the improvement in play you should expect between the first and second year, yeah people will think he probably didn't work very hard on football, and that he may have even been drunk or hungover (errr, "dehydrated") during the games. That is 100% on him for working so hard to create that impression. And A&M has done a lot more for Manziel than vice versa.

Being the starting QB instead of a 3rd stringer who has never been in a game? Yes, it makes a difference. And he should be a year more mature. Instead he is building a pattern. And you are right, if he can roll out of the locker room drunk off his butt and lead the team to an undefeated season then that's awesome. As to the silly "choirboys can't win" no one is demanding angels. But I don't see how having your star player being drunk 7 nights a week and hungover 7 mornings a week improves your chances of winning.

Manziel is from a wealthy family, his family is the type that are successful at whatever they do. (Competitive people tend to be successful and have addiction issues. they are all in at whatever they do. Business/playing football/drinking etc.) I wouldn't worry about Johnny football ending up in the poor house.

If he was drunk/hungover last yr on thfield, Aggies need to buy him a shot before every game next yr. Tell me how has A&M for Manziel done more for A&M than Manziel has done for A&M? When he became the starting QB most Aggies would have been happy with a winning record in their 1st yr in the SEC. Now Manziel has them in the hunt for a national championship. So again, how is it that A&M has done more for Manziel.

I wouldn't count on A&M winning a national title this yr. They lost too much off their defense. Let Sumlin win the 1st confrence title in his career before the NC talk begins.

As far as the drunk/hungover thingy, Manziel seemed to do quite well like this last yr. (He led his team) I think the championship or bust mentality that A&M is putting on Manziel is unfair.

The good thing, being a Longhorn fan is that the Bryan/College Station crowd is doing everthing they can to make sure top notch recruits will look elsewhere if the recruitment process is close between A&M and another school after seeing how they treat a Heisman winner.

Stemp
07-17-2013, 10:28 AM
How you take my comments as being a hater is beyond me, but maybe you're just a jock rider. If that's is the case, then I fully understand.

Wow take things personally much? Not only did I give reasons but I said OR you are just a hater. And I put an emoticon. Get your panties out of its twist.

Stemp
07-17-2013, 10:34 AM
The good thing, being a Longhorn fan is that the Bryan/College Station crowd is doing everthing they can to make sure top notch recruits will look elsewhere if the recruitment process is close between A&M and another school after seeing how they treat a Heisman winner.

You could make a tornado with that kind of spin. Lol.

Say Watt
07-17-2013, 11:09 AM

You do sound like a hater.

That said, Manziel has got to get his act together. I don't blame him for partying, but get your ****ing act together when it involves going to a football camp led by football royalty like the Mannings. Not to mention he crushed the hopes of some high school kids who had gotten all excited about getting trained by Johnny Football.

He has some growing up to do. There is no question about that but until he shows himself to be unprepared in an actual game, you'd sound like less of a hater to tone down those comments. It makes you sound foolish or just anti-A&M.

b0ng
07-17-2013, 11:51 AM
You do sound like a hater.

That said, Manziel has got to get his act together. I don't blame him for partying, but get your ****ing act together when it involves going to a football camp led by football royalty like the Mannings. Not to mention he crushed the hopes of some high school kids who had gotten all excited about getting trained by Johnny Football.

He has some growing up to do. There is no question about that but until he shows himself to be unprepared in an actual game, you'd sound like less of a hater to tone down those comments. It makes you sound foolish or just anti-A&M.

I don't see how he has to get his act together when he has yet to step on the field for a 2013 football game. All of this nonsense about his partying habits during the offseason will completely disappear if he goes back to being "that kid from Kerrville who can ball".

If he plays 2013 like a hungover 20 year old then yeah, I can see where all of this is coming from, but this is entirely way too premature since he hasn't played yet. All of this stuff sounds like old-farts who want their college football players to be all "nose in the playbook" and to not have a life outside of the pigskin. That's all well and good, but if a guy parties a lot off the field and kicks ass on the field you know A&M fans won't say a peep about it.

CloakNNNdagger
07-17-2013, 12:04 PM

Bingo!

Say Watt
07-17-2013, 12:17 PM
I don't see how he has to get his act together when he has yet to step on the field for a 2013 football game. All of this nonsense about his partying habits during the offseason will completely disappear if he goes back to being "that kid from Kerrville who can ball".

If he plays 2013 like a hungover 20 year old then yeah, I can see where all of this is coming from, but this is entirely way too premature since he hasn't played yet. All of this stuff sounds like old-farts who want their college football players to be all "nose in the playbook" and to not have a life outside of the pigskin. That's all well and good, but if a guy parties a lot off the field and kicks ass on the field you know A&M fans won't say a peep about it.

Re-read my post. I said that I really don't care about his partying. Hasn't been all that long since I was his age, and I STILL like to party a little. My problem with Manziel is what he did at the Manning football camp. He could have kept himself straight for one weekend. It concerns me that he couldn't do that.

That said, I won't actually "worry" about it until it appears to be damaging his game on the field.

b0ng
07-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Re-read my post. I said that I really don't care about his partying. Hasn't been all that long since I was his age, and I STILL like to party a little. My problem with Manziel is what he did at the Manning football camp. He could have kept himself straight for one weekend. It concerns me that he couldn't do that.

That said, I won't actually "worry" about it until it appears to be damaging his game on the field.

If missing a football camp is the big indicator that you have found for not liking what Manziel is doing this offseason then I think you were just looking for a reason to have a problem with him.

If he's missing practices at A&M that's your warning sign, blowing off a Manning football camp for kids is fairly small potatoes for a college football player in all honesty. At least he's not getting arrested and jailed for felonies (Like we have seen in almost every offseason for college football ever). If he's not giving points to A&M in the Fulmer Cup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulmer_Cup) then it should probably be considered a successful offseason.

Stemp
07-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Johnny Manziel seems either determined or destined to be the first at everything — first freshman to win the Heisman Trophy last December, first Heisman winner to take the witness stand (disguised as an SEC media days interview session) on Wednesday.

To some degree, it’s fair that Manziel pays a high price for his tiny transgressions — the latest being his failure to perform all of his duties at the Mannings’ quarterback camp in Louisiana, where he used “dehydration” as an excuse.

(Yeah, I used to find myself “dehydrated” a lot in the mornings. Then four years ago when I stopped doing so much late-night “hydrating,” the problem went away).

Manziel doesn’t exactly hide from attention the way so many high-profile athletes do these days. He takes it head on, showing up courtside for NBA playoff games, tweeting pictures of his WinStar casino winnings and mostly thumbing his nose at those who resent his celebrity or demand a choirboy attitude of their quarterbacks.

But other than one tweet about how much he wanted to get out of College Station (ill-advised to say the least) and his shirking of duties at a kids’ camp last week (classless but hardly a first), I haven’t had any problems with his behavior during this long off-season.

And let me say this about Johnny Football.

He’s going to show up for ESPN on Wednesday morning, and then he’s going to address a huge gathering of SEC media types, and he’s going to take all the questions thrown his way. By the end, he will have them eating out of his hand.

However, I’m going to guess — and I could be wrong, but we’ll find out — that his teammate, cornerback Deshazor Everett, who made the big interception at the end of the Alabama upset, won’t be there to discuss his off-season arrest for misdemeanor assault.

I’m going to take a wild guess and say that the four Alabama players arrested in February for beating up students and stealing their credit cards won’t be there, either. In all likelihood, Kentucky safety Ashely Lowery won’t be on hand to discuss the 0.139 blood alcohol level he registered when he totaled his car and was ejected 100 feet at 4 in the morning two months ago, leaving himself in critical condition before recovering.

I’ll go out on a limb and predict that Texas coach Mack Brown won’t bring wide receivers Cayleb Jones and Kendall Sanders to the Big 12 media days here in Dallas next week. Sanders got a DUI this spring and Jones fractured the jaw of a UT tennis player over a girl. Both were suspended for a while until Brown decided that missing the opener (that big game with New Mexico State) would be penalty enough.

You want a good laugh?

Listen to Ohio State coach Urban Meyer talk about building character in young men, and then go check the Orlando Sentinel’s database on the 30 Gator football players arrested during Meyer’s six years in Gainesville.

And you still want to tell me what an irresponsible train wreck Johnny Manziel has become for this game?

His well-documented arrest for a fight came a year ago before almost any of us knew who he was. His mistakes since then fall into a different classification from the stuff that’s going on around him in the soiled world of college football.

For his own good — not ours — Manziel should take a breath and step away from the spotlight beyond the one that shines at Kyle Field. He’s almost certain to turn professional after the 2013 season, and given that he already has pro scouts wondering about his deep ball and arm strength, there’s no need to let these minor off-the-field transgressions turn into a second red flag.

I heard ESPN’s Paul Finebaum saying that as a Heisman winner, Manziel has to behave differently. The Heisman’s not the Miss America pageant. This isn’t something he aspired to for years, going from one pageant to the next to win votes on poise and appearance.

It’s an award some of us chose to hand him after watching him make the Aggies the surprise of the SEC.
Manziel’s responsibility is to Texas A&M as his team’s quarterback. If he needs to clean up his act a bit, it’s in deference to the Aggies and to those who look up to him as a result of his unexpected success at A&M last fall.

He has handled media pressure as deftly as he scrambles away from pressure in the pocket, so I will be surprised if his appearances are regarded as anything but an unqualified success Wednesday at the SEC’s media days.

And keep in mind that the criminals with more dangerous and unresolved issues won’t even be showing up
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/columnists/tim-cowlishaw/20130716-cowlishaw-why-should-johnny-manziel-behave-differently-heisman-not-miss-america-pageant.ece

Say Watt
07-17-2013, 01:32 PM
If missing a football camp is the big indicator that you have found for not liking what Manziel is doing this offseason then I think you were just looking for a reason to have a problem with him.

If he's missing practices at A&M that's your warning sign, blowing off a Manning football camp for kids is fairly small potatoes for a college football player in all honesty. At least he's not getting arrested and jailed for felonies (Like we have seen in almost every offseason for college football ever). If he's not giving points to A&M in the Fulmer Cup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulmer_Cup) then it should probably be considered a successful offseason.

When did I say anything about not liking him? I love Johnny Football. Nothing but respect for what he has done for the football program. He shouldn't have missed an event that he committed to just because he got drunk. That was immature. At no point have I said he is a bad guy or that I don't like him. You are apparently taking what other posters have said and ascribing their thoughts to my posts.

b0ng
07-17-2013, 03:33 PM
When did I say anything about not liking him? I love Johnny Football. Nothing but respect for what he has done for the football program. He shouldn't have missed an event that he committed to just because he got drunk. That was immature. At no point have I said he is a bad guy or that I don't like him. You are apparently taking what other posters have said and ascribing their thoughts to my posts.

I said you had a problem with him, which was the exact words you used to describe him missing being a coach at a football camp. Nobody said you didn't like him.

Say Watt
07-17-2013, 04:31 PM
I said you had a problem with him, which was the exact words you used to describe him missing being a coach at a football camp. Nobody said you didn't like him.

This was your post:

What did I say about his entire offseason? When did I say I didn't like what he was doing? Am I wrong to say he made a mistake for missing the football camp? It was a stupid decision by Manziel. It seems everyone but you can admit and understand that.

Perhaps, you have been hitting that bong a little too much.

Heath Shuler
07-17-2013, 04:38 PM
At least he's not getting arrested and jailed for felonies

lol yeah make sure you get that qualifier in there :lol:

steelbtexan
07-17-2013, 04:50 PM

I would guess these old farts didn't have a problem with Bobby Layne or Kenny Stabler back in the day? Closer to home Dante Pastorini anyone?

steelbtexan
07-17-2013, 04:59 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/columnists/tim-cowlishaw/20130716-cowlishaw-why-should-johnny-manziel-behave-differently-heisman-not-miss-america-pageant.ece

Awsome article

I still cant get over the A&M has done more for JM than JM has done for A&M crowd. LOL

Heath Shuler
07-17-2013, 05:06 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPZ80hGCUAAcuNV.jpg

Say Watt
07-17-2013, 05:08 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPZ80hGCUAAcuNV.jpg

Rep your way. That's awesome!

Rey
07-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Well jm says he wasn't hungover or dehydrated. He says he just forgot to set his alarm and both sides agreed it'd be best for him to go home.

BullNation4Life
07-20-2013, 08:03 PM
This is what I don't get, what has this kid done that has been so bad that people are actually wishing ill will on him?

Looking back, SINCE he has stepped on the field, what has he done so wrong? Was it sitting court side watching basketball games? Partying with celebrities? Going to casinos legally? Sucking up all the attention after being the youngest Heisman winner in NCAA history?

Manziel's real hiccup has just been getting asked to go home from a QB camp...

So again I ask the question, why the ill will?

Rey
07-21-2013, 01:01 AM
This is what I don't get, what has this kid done that has been so bad that people are actually wishing ill will on him?

Looking back, SINCE he has stepped on the field, what has he done so wrong? Was it sitting court side watching basketball games? Partying with celebrities? Going to casinos legally? Sucking up all the attention after being the youngest Heisman winner in NCAA history?

Manziel's real hiccup has just been getting asked to go home from a QB camp...

So again I ask the question, why the ill will?

Honestly I haven't seen anyone wishing ill will on him. I've seen people question whether or not he is going to have continued success or burn out though. I think his arrest a while ago, the drinking at the club, him basically saying he can't wait to leave a&m, taking all classes online and then this have people wondering if he might be too wild.

Personally I would love for jm to be that rebel and have success. Not everyone is rg3 or luck. I want to see him be that old school joe Namath type player that can drink and party and still perform.

Do I think he will? No I don't. But I'm an all things Texas kind of guy so I hope he proves me wrong and lives up to the hype.

Stemp
07-21-2013, 08:40 AM
Honestly I haven't seen anyone wishing ill will on him. I've seen people question whether or not he is going to have continued success or burn out though. I think his arrest a while ago, the drinking at the club, him basically saying he can't wait to leave a&m, taking all classes online and then this have people wondering if he might be too wild.

Personally I would love for jm to be that rebel and have success. Not everyone is rg3 or luck. I want to see him be that old school joe Namath type player that can drink and party and still perform.

Do I think he will? No I don't. But I'm an all things Texas kind of guy so I hope he proves me wrong and lives up to the hype.

Finebaum is reporting any negative rumor as news. He's got a hardon for manziel because he beat finebaum's precious tide

Stemp
07-21-2013, 01:24 PM
People are mocking the media making so much out of this.

@cuppycup: Shot Dude Perfect video in front of a greenscreen. #ManzielRumors

@cuppycup: Thinks alcohol is gasoline for people. #ManzielRumors

@themarkup: Eats at Chick-fil-a on Sunday. #manzielrumors

@cuppycup: Sent his A&M towels to Alabama locker room for dry cleaning. #ManzielRumors

@cuppycup: Goes to church online. #ManzielRumors

@themarkup: Johnny Manziel threatened to run against @GovernorPerry, so he decided not to seek re-election. #manzielrumors

@SEC_Logo: Checked out a book from the library, returned it 3 days late. #ManzielRumors

@catorano: He is the actual subject male of every Taylor Swift song. #ManzielRumors

@SEC_Logo: Once ate dessert first, ruined his dinner. #ManzielRumors

@SEC_Logo: Once his mom told him to take out the trash, he didn't. #ManzielRumors

@SEC_Logo: He once sipped his drink and refilled it at the soda fountain before paying. #ManzielRumors

@Ben_Riner: Drove 5 mph over the speed limit in a construction zone. #ManzielRumors

@rdizzle618: #ManzielRumors puts "i" before "e" after "c"

steelbtexan
07-21-2013, 03:57 PM
People are mocking the media making so much out of this.

@cuppycup: Shot Dude Perfect video in front of a greenscreen. #ManzielRumors

@cuppycup: Thinks alcohol is gasoline for people. #ManzielRumors

@themarkup: Eats at Chick-fil-a on Sunday. #manzielrumors

@cuppycup: Sent his A&M towels to Alabama locker room for dry cleaning. #ManzielRumors

@cuppycup: Goes to church online. #ManzielRumors

@themarkup: Johnny Manziel threatened to run against @GovernorPerry, so he decided not to seek re-election. #manzielrumors

@SEC_Logo: Checked out a book from the library, returned it 3 days late. #ManzielRumors

@catorano: He is the actual subject male of every Taylor Swift song. #ManzielRumors

@SEC_Logo: Once ate dessert first, ruined his dinner. #ManzielRumors

@SEC_Logo: Once his mom told him to take out the trash, he didn't. #ManzielRumors

@SEC_Logo: He once sipped his drink and refilled it at the soda fountain before paying. #ManzielRumors

@Ben_Riner: Drove 5 mph over the speed limit in a construction zone. #ManzielRumors

@rdizzle618: #ManzielRumors puts "i" before "e" after "c"

LOL, Repped

JM is a party guy. This is why he wants to get out of B/CS. He needed to go to Austin where his partying wouldn't be scrutinized as harshly. But in Mack's infinite wisdom he told JM that he would have to play DB at UT. SMH

Stemp
07-21-2013, 07:16 PM
LOL, Repped

JM is a party guy. This is why he wants to get out of B/CS. He needed to go to Austin where his partying wouldn't be scrutinized as harshly. But in Mack's infinite wisdom he told JM that he would have to play DB at UT. SMH

Don't feel bad. He did the same to RG3 and didn't even try to recruit Andrew Luck. :roast:

gg no re
07-27-2013, 05:44 PM
Manziel getting kicked out of a UT frat party: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNDfGoFTA8c

Stemp
07-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Manziel getting kicked out of a UT frat party: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNDfGoFTA8c

Yeah. Some Dbag dumped a beer on him and tried to start something so they asked him to leave. Dumbass frat boys.

So then Manziel hits up the Fiji party the next day rocking a Tebow jersey.
Troll on Johnny. Troll on.:bravo:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/07/manziel.jpg

robroy72
07-27-2013, 11:17 PM
Haha... I love this guy ... reminds me of a soccer player called George Best who said something like "I spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest, I wasted"

steelbtexan
07-28-2013, 12:09 PM
Yeah. Some Dbag dumped a beer on him and tried to start something so they asked him to leave. Dumbass frat boys.

So then Manziel hits up the Fiji party the next day rocking a Tebow jersey.
Troll on Johnny. Troll on.:bravo:

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/07/manziel.jpg

Love me some Johnny Football.

To bad Austin isn't his permanent residence. Then he could get in any party he wanted too. (What 20 yr old doesn't like partying in Austin.)

Thanks for nothing Mack/DeLoser.

Hookem Horns
07-28-2013, 02:21 PM
I know the guy desperately wanted to be a Longhorn and dumbarse Mack Brown blew him off. However, what's he doing at a UT party? That's the last place I would be if I were him.

Stemp
07-28-2013, 02:28 PM
I know the guy desperately wanted to be a Longhorn and dumbarse Mack Brown blew him off. However, what's he doing at a UT party? That's the last place I would be if I were him.

It's pretty well known he has a bunch of friends who go to Texas and also has friends on the football team.

Plus, what better way to troll all the longhorn haters?

Honoring Earl 34
07-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Haha... I love this guy ... reminds me of a soccer player called George Best who said something like "I spent most of my money on booze and women. The rest, I wasted"

George Best said that if he would have been born ugly , you would have never heard of Pele .

Blake
07-29-2013, 07:40 AM
Dude needs to realize that high profile A&M football players are not going to be received well at a TEXAS LONGHORN party. But I guess the College Station crowd causes you to do strange things.

thetexanator
07-29-2013, 10:32 AM
never been to tamu but manziel sure seems to hate the place. the girls cant be that bad can they?

Blake
07-29-2013, 10:52 AM
never been to tamu but manziel sure seems to hate the place. the girls cant be that bad can they?

Im sure the girls are amazing. Its the guys acting like girls as they chase him down that probably gets old. ;)

Stemp
07-29-2013, 11:13 AM

Seriously? You guys don't remember the scooby doo costume pic and story?

Plenty of women and parties at A&M but the guy just wanted to party with his friends in austin. What's so horrible about that? Oh yeah, drunk idiot ut frat boys.

silvrhand
07-29-2013, 11:26 AM
If he's not as successful as he was last year he's going to have to face all this music next year. I'm not sure why he called out Kevin Sumlin though nothing good can scam of this..

http://deadspin.com/university-of-texas-frat-party-to-johnny-manziel-get-934514873

I like the comment by Nikkola1 though lol..

that throw was way over his head. im guessing Vince Young.Saturday 3:21pm

infantrycak
07-29-2013, 11:26 AM
Seriously? You guys don't remember the scooby doo costume pic and story?

Plenty of women and parties at A&M but the guy just wanted to party with his friends in austin. What's so horrible about that? Oh yeah, drunk idiot ut frat boys.

What's so hard with understanding once you hit the superstar level you need to watch what you do? Fine other kids try pot, get naked in hot tubs, whatever. Hell yeah it was fun. Your a f$#king moron in his position to not realize everything you do is going to be critiqued. It is one of the privileges of not being a superstar to get to have a NORMAL life. Superstars don't get normal lives.

Stemp
07-29-2013, 12:01 PM
What's so hard with understanding once you hit the superstar level you need to watch what you do? Fine other kids try pot, get naked in hot tubs, whatever. Hell yeah it was fun. Your a f$#king moron in his position to not realize everything you do is going to be critiqued. It is one of the privileges of not being a superstar to get to have a NORMAL life. Superstars don't get normal lives.

It's not like he's complaining about the attention.
The media is the one writing up stories every time he someone posts a pictur of him out in public
The Tebow jersey was priceless because they do the same thing to him.