PDA

View Full Version : Manziel

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Marcus
09-02-2013, 02:38 PM
What makes him so special? LOL A blind man can see what makes him so special. Have you seen him play? If so you would realize how dumb that statement is.

Is he cocky and arrogant? Yes, Most great athletes are Jordan/Bonds/Brady etc... it's in their DNA. What most people dont like is the fact that guys like these have the innate ability to deal with outside pressures and still be their own person, and still perform at the highest level.

That and the fact is that they win and some people get very jealous and do their best to try to bring these athletes down. They aren't going to bring Manziel down, because he has the $$$$ to fight the system and a willingness to do so. Unlike Adams/Posey at Ohio St.

The only person that will bring down Manziel is himself and one day that will happen. But it wont be today. Manziel, from a few old timers I've talked to say he is a modern day Bobby Layne. Another Texas football legend.

Wow! You act as if making an effort to try to show some humility and class are bad things. Typical.

Don't tell me that someone never pulled him aside and said "you are a public figure now".

Don't tell me that someone never pulled him aside and said "from now on, everything you do, and everything you say will be put under a microscope and be subject to scrutiny".

Don't tell me thst someone never pulled him aside and said "perception is everything, perception is everything, perception is everything. If you forget everything else, simply remember thst perception is everything".

Someone indeed had told him that. Probably so many times, they are blue in the face.

But he's just not listening. So he can reap the whirlwind.

steelbtexan
09-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Wow! You act as if making an effort to try to show some humility and class are bad things. Typical.

Don't tell me that someone never pulled him aside and said "you are a public figure now".

Don't tell me that someone never pulled him aside and said "from now on, everything you do, and everything you say will be put under a microscope and be subject to scrutiny".

Don't tell me thst someone never pulled him aside and said "perception is everything, perception is everything, perception is everything. If you forget everything else, simply remember thst perception is everything".

Someone indeed had told him that. Probably so many times, they are blue in the face.

But he's just not listening. So he can reap the whirlwind.

Show me where I've shown nothing but class on this MB? Yes, I've disagreed with the way the Texans do businees as a team. But nothing personal. You seem to not care for me and I realize that I'm not for everybody, so I dont let other peoples opinions of me affect my life in any way.

You do not know me, but people who know me well on this MB know me for who I am, a loving caring person, who has truly been blessed.

Back to topic, JM chose the whirldwind and seems to be more comfortable in it. You cant seem to accept the fact that he likes it this way and has lived this way all of his life and aint changing for anybody.

Be a hater if you will, be the guy is a winner on the field and that's what the game should be all about. This isn't church league softball we are talking about. College football is a multi billion $$$$ business and JM seems to know this better than most.

qqert
09-02-2013, 03:01 PM
manziel keeps this up he'd be twerking with miley cyrus in no time.
kid's gotten big-headed. stay humble and grounded. arrogance ultimately leads you to a train-wreck.

Wolf
09-02-2013, 03:04 PM
He was cocky in high shool too. He had some slight issues off the field in Kerrville too.

Really is nothing new. On the field is the bet place for him where he can focus

Stemp
09-02-2013, 03:08 PM
manziel keeps this up he'd be twerking with miley cyrus in no time.
kid's gotten big-headed. stay humble and grounded. arrogance ultimately leads you to a train-wreck.

Talk about the media making a mountain out of a molehill? What did he do that so awful? OMG, rice players were talking smack and making a signing motion and he did it back and pointed to the scoreboard. THE HORROR!

The refs were watching him all game long for something to flag. In the first half after a score he ran down with other players on the sideline and jump-bumped the player who scored and the ref grabbed him and told him to back to the sideline. Just him, even though there were many others there also.

Espn is trying to make everything manziel does villianous when it steps away from what thy want to see, which is him completely humbled and not doing anything special. Hell, Paul finebaum said today that respecting the opponent and not talking trash is "sacrosanct" in college football. Gimme a damn break.

Take manziel's name off the jersey and put it on any other player and he does the same thing and there would be no story or mention about it anywhere. Manziel is now public enemy #1 And they will bash him if he sneezes without a tissue.

Texecutioner
09-02-2013, 03:33 PM
What I find sort of hilarious about this is that a lot of the people in here who criticize Manziel for talking trash in a game don't even notice it happening in every game they watch between opponents. It happens that much, that you hardly notice it. Hell, half of the people in here who are critizing Manziel for talking trash on the field applauded Andre Johnson for trying to bash a guy's skull in on the field on a Sunday afternoon. :lol:

Double standards I tell ya.

TexansSeminole
09-02-2013, 03:56 PM
He did the "money" gesture all last year and NOTHING was said about it. He is ACCUSED of taking money, NEVER HAS BEEN PROVEN, and NOW it is seen immature and selfish?

What the F ever....

Rice wants to talk crap, and they got b slapped. WHO THE HELL IS RICE to be talking crap to anybody? They are Rice....

I was at the game, low enough to see players, and saw Rice jawing at Manziel while he was walking back to the huddle, on Manziel's second play. So Manziel is suppose to just get, walk back and not say anything?

Obviously you never played football before.

It's the combination of everything he did, it was very assholish. Actually, I did play high school football, but what the hell does that have to do with anything?

Get over your homerism. If you can't admit the kid is immature, you're blind as a bat. Quit cursing in caps, you look like a angry child. Lol @ "Rice got b slapped." Duh genius, Rice sucks.

Why is it necessary for a Heisman trophy winner to talk **** to Rice, as you say? It's rice, they aren't even remotely close to being ranked, they probably aren't even a winning team this year. Teams looking for the upset ALWAYS talk crap, it's the nature of football. Mature players, especially quarterbacks, don't allow it to bother them or poke at their ego. Ya, he's supposed to ignore them, that's what 95% of quarterbacks for big schools do. Big school QBs are supposed to be above petty crap.

I understand that A&M is on the big stage now and it is new to them. Sorry if your coach and neutral observers understand how this was an immature showing on Manziel's part.

All the Aggie fans here complaining about ESPN is laughable. Welcome to the big time, where ESPN actually pays attention to your program and debates the actions of your players. You aren't getting special negative treatment, get over yourselves.

EllisUnit
09-02-2013, 04:18 PM
Hitler was cocky too, we all know how that turned out.

Texn4life
09-02-2013, 04:28 PM

Hitler and Manziel?

:kubepalm:

Marcus
09-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Show me where I've shown nothing but class on this MB? Yes, I've disagreed with the way the Texans do businees as a team. But nothing personal. You seem to not care for me and I realize that I'm not for everybody, so I dont let other peoples opinions of me affect my life in any way.

What the ... :um:

I don't know how you got the idea that was casting aspersions on your character. I was referring to Manziel's lack humility and class, not yours. No, there's nothing personal. Yeah, I disagree with you with almost everything, but I disagree with everyone around here with almost everything. :) But it's nothing more than than that.

Rey
09-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Talk about the media making a mountain out of a molehill? What did he do that so awful? OMG, rice players were talking smack and making a signing motion and he did it back and pointed to the scoreboard. THE HORROR!

The refs were watching him all game long for something to flag. In the first half after a score he ran down with other players on the sideline and jump-bumped the player who scored and the ref grabbed him and told him to back to the sideline. Just him, even though there were many others there also.

Espn is trying to make everything manziel does villianous when it steps away from what thy want to see, which is him completely humbled and not doing anything special. Hell, Paul finebaum said today that respecting the opponent and not talking trash is "sacrosanct" in college football. Gimme a damn break.

Take manziel's name off the jersey and put it on any other player and he does the same thing and there would be no story or mention about it anywhere. Manziel is now public enemy #1 And they will bash him if he sneezes without a tissue.

Sumlin didn't seem thrilled at all with what manziel did.

Maybe he hates him too.

Texecutioner
09-02-2013, 04:36 PM
It's the combination of everything he did, it was very assholish. Actually, I did play high school football, but what the hell does that have to do with anything?

Get over your homerism. If you can't admit the kid is immature, you're blind as a bat. Quit cursing in caps, you look like a angry child. Lol @ "Rice got b slapped." Duh genius, Rice sucks.

Why is it necessary for a Heisman trophy winner to talk **** to Rice, as you say? It's rice, they aren't even remotely close to being ranked, they probably aren't even a winning team this year. Teams looking for the upset ALWAYS talk crap, it's the nature of football. Mature players, especially quarterbacks, don't allow it to bother them or poke at their ego. Ya, he's supposed to ignore them, that's what 95% of quarterbacks for big schools do. Big school QBs are supposed to be above petty crap.

I understand that A&M is on the big stage now and it is new to them. Sorry if your coach and neutral observers understand how this was an immature showing on Manziel's part.

All the Aggie fans here complaining about ESPN is laughable. Welcome to the big time, where ESPN actually pays attention to your program and debates the actions of your players. You aren't getting special negative treatment, get over yourselves.

Don't you feel just the slightest responsibility though to be smarter than the ignorant media that is clearly trying to find any kind of "gotcha" story they can on Manziel and criticize the media for this more then Manziel? I mean, I won't argue that he is sort of immature and he does make a few poor decisions considering the spotlight and all, but Manziel has become the new Tebow, and instead of blasting him for praying after TD's and other Christian like stuff, they're attempting to find any type of scandal they can to bring the kid down. Why is it that people even give the media like ESPN even the platform to suc people into this kind of trash? Personally I don't want to hear all this crap abut Manziel even if he is breaking the law every other day. Suspend his ass and move on to stories with players that are playing and teams that are important.

I get sick and tired of hearing people act as enablers for the media in America by continually bashing the people they have a witch hunt for just because the media says so. By saying "well this kid needs to know that anything he does is going to get miscroscoped and overly criticized" is in essence sticking up for the media's tactics and being okay with their garbage. How about we all stop getting sucked into these witch hunts by ESPN in our sports world and let Fox News and CNN tow that line for politics. It seems more and more like you fans want to treat athletes like politicians instead of young athletes who play a freaking sport for a living.

htowntexans1985
09-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Manziel's a-hole behavior is described as"swag" by the people who defend him. Lol. Just remember, he can't wait to get out of college station. He has too much "swag" for Kyle field

Texecutioner
09-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Manziel's a-hole behavior is described as"swag" by the people who defend him. Lol. Just remember, he can't wait to get out of college station. He has too much "swag" for Kyle field

Other then acting unprofessional at the Manning camp, what is his ******* behavior that he has displayed that is so different then every other college QB? Please don't bring up talking trash to other opponents on the field either, because that is one of the silliest things the media has used to date on this guy.

BullNation4Life
09-02-2013, 04:59 PM
They knew they didn't stand a chance so they we're lookintg for every advantage they could get & the bolded is the exact reason y he should've just shut his damn pie hole.

You're just supposed to :ahhaha: at them with your teammates point at the scoreboard & keep it moving. No response needed. I mean It's akin to you as a human talking smack to an ant just b/c it crawled up on your ankle unsuspectingly & bit you instead of just brushing it off and/or stepping on it.

What the hell do you have to gain by talking smack to them? It's shows how weak-minded he is that he has to do that kind of crap to such a lowly opponent. Reminds me of the last time UT played U of H here in Houston in football..Obnoxious fans from Austin arrive screaming "we're gonna kill you guys!!!!!!" & I'm thinking "well genius...you should kill us you're ranked in the top 5 and we're no where close to being ranked morons....:kubepalm:"

Its clear you haven't won much in team sports.

Says the U of H fan....What have they EVER won in football?

and it's clear you sat on the bench. No football player with any kind of passion allows ANYBODY to talk smack to them, period. If you're man enough to deal it, better be man enough to take it.

Weak mined, seriously? Immature, sure but weak minded is a stretch. I saw Alabama players last year whoop up on folks, STILL talking smack. Guess they're weak minded as well?

Rice should have came in, taking their ass whoopin and left town and not said a damn thing....

EllisUnit
09-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Dont matter to me what Manziel does, IMO he will turn out to be J Russell all over again. I dont see his "talent" transfering to NFL success.

So sure let him make money off signing his john handcock, whatever.

Marcus
09-02-2013, 05:01 PM
I get sick and tired of hearing people act as enablers for the media in America by continually bashing the people they have a witch hunt for just because the media says so. By saying "well this kid needs to know that anything he does is going to get miscroscoped and overly criticized" is in essence sticking up for the media's tactics and being okay with their garbage. How about we all stop getting sucked into these witch hunts by ESPN in our sports world and let Fox News and CNN tow that line for politics. It seems more and more like you fans want to treat athletes like politicians instead of young athletes who play a freaking sport for a living.

I understand what you're saying, Tex, but it's completely unrealistic to think that the way the media conducts itself is going to change. That is something that is beyond your control. What you can control is recognizing the fact that you are no longer a private citizen. You are a public figure. You're no less a public figure than any politician or Hollywood actor. And when you become a public figure, the only control you have over that, is making sure you don't say or do anything that will be perceived the wrong way. As a public figure, that is your responsibility.

Wolf
09-02-2013, 05:01 PM
ESPN Needs some anti-Tebow news

News these days are like "reality tv". Take all the footage and people can create an image by showing specific pieces of info and paint a picture to fit their agenda.

Dan B.
09-02-2013, 05:05 PM
Don't you feel just the slightest responsibility though to be smarter than the ignorant media that is clearly trying to find any kind of "gotcha" story they can on Manziel and criticize the media for this more then Manziel? I mean, I won't argue that he is sort of immature and he does make a few poor decisions considering the spotlight and all, but Manziel has become the new Tebow, and instead of blasting him for praying after TD's and other Christian like stuff, they're attempting to find any type of scandal they can to bring the kid down. Why is it that people even give the media like ESPN even the platform to suc people into this kind of trash? Personally I don't want to hear all this crap abut Manziel even if he is breaking the law every other day. Suspend his ass and move on to stories with players that are playing and teams that are important.

This stuff happens when you are a famous player on a big time program. It comes with the territory. Nobody cared when Manziel was arrested last year (something he managed to avoid this offseason), because he wasn't even the starting quarterback at the time. When you are the defending Heisman winner and your team is in the hunt for the title, ESPN is going to talk about you. A lot. Doesn't matter whether you are choir boy Tebow or rebel Johnny.

Maybe he hates him too.

He looked pissed. Part of me thinks Sumlin would rather have Case Keenum as his QB.

TexansSeminole
09-02-2013, 05:15 PM

So be sick and tired then. I don't watch ESPN debate shows. I've seen nothing in regards to reporting on the way Manziel was acting. I watched the game and formed my own opinion. Believe it or not, people do form their own opinions and don't need to watch ESPN talk shows in order to do that. How about you guys just take people's opinion for their opinion and quit blaming ESPN? Y'all sound crazily paranoid.

and it's clear you sat on the bench. No football player with any kind of passion allows ANYBODY to talk smack to them, period. If you're man enough to deal it, better be man enough to take it.

Weak mined, seriously? Immature, sure but weak minded is a stretch. I saw Alabama players last year whoop up on folks, STILL talking smack. Guess they're weak minded as well?

Rice should have came in, taking their ass whoopin and left town and not said a damn thing....

:kubepalm: Wow, maturity is clearly not something you are going to be able to decipher.

infantrycak
09-02-2013, 05:25 PM
What I find sort of hilarious about this is that a lot of the people in here who criticize Manziel for talking trash in a game don't even notice it happening in every game they watch between opponents. It happens that much, that you hardly notice it. Hell, half of the people in here who are critizing Manziel for talking trash on the field applauded Andre Johnson for trying to bash a guy's skull in on the field on a Sunday afternoon. :lol:

You know for a double standard accusation to work the situations have to be similar which is not the case with your argument.

Maybe he hates him too.

He looked pissed. Part of me thinks Sumlin would rather have Case Keenum as his QB.

Bingo [/argument]. His coach thought it A was unusual and B a dumbass move. Why don't you apologists figure out a way to work Sumlin into your ESPN conspiracy?

Texn4life
09-02-2013, 05:37 PM
Bingo [/argument]. His coach thought it A was unusual and B a dumbass move. Why don't you apologists figure out a way to work Sumlin into your ESPN conspiracy?

I personally think Sumlin handled it appropriately. It wasn't a very smart thing to do, but I also think it's overblown. He talked trash and was penalized for it. Big freaking deal! I just fail to see how this needs to be discussed at length either on their network or any other media outlet 2 days after the fact.

Wolf
09-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Sumlin knows that when the chips are down. You can't give free yards to teams like Alabama.

Manziel should know that too

However I think some of the **** is overblown.

silvrhand
09-02-2013, 08:39 PM

/thread

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law)

http://www.motherjones.com/files/images/Blog_Godwins_Law.jpg

BullNation4Life
09-02-2013, 09:02 PM
So be sick and tired then. I don't watch ESPN debate shows. I've seen nothing in regards to reporting on the way Manziel was acting. I watched the game and formed my own opinion. Believe it or not, people do form their own opinions and don't need to watch ESPN talk shows in order to do that. How about you guys just take people's opinion for their opinion and quit blaming ESPN? Y'all sound crazily paranoid.

:kubepalm: Wow, maturity is clearly not something you are going to be able to decipher.

No I can decipher maturity, what I can't decipher is the BS of Hipocracy it seems people have. People that allow themselves to be bothered by Manziel, are weak minded in their own right. He is a freaking 20 year old kid. If you are letting the antics of a 20 year old kid get you angry or upset, you have your own special issues.

I'm not a homer, I never even went to Texas A&M, but I do notice the hypocrisy of ESPN and all the outlets wanting to make Manziel a cancer, when it was ESPN who built this kid up. It wasn't a year ago, his "money" gesture was him showing swag, as they said on ESPN, NOW it's immature? BS...

It's doesn't matter who the hell they are playing, teams talk trash, they get talked back to. EVERY team does it. I've seen Alabama QB talk smack when kicking the crap outta teams worse than Rice, and HE is what a Senior?

Come down off your high horse there buddy, air breathes just the same down here....

steelbtexan
09-02-2013, 09:02 PM
What the ... :um:

I don't know how you got the idea that was casting aspersions on your character. I was referring to Manziel's lack humility and class, not yours. No, there's nothing personal. Yeah, I disagree with you with almost everything, but I disagree with everyone around here with almost everything. :) But it's nothing more than than that.

I guess my reading comprehension is waning after all of these yrs. Post 501,

Wow, YOU act as if making an effort some humility and class are bad things. Typical.

Maybe my reading comprehension isn't so bad afterall. Anyway I repped you because I'm sure you didn't mean to direct that post to me. LOL

Kaiser Toro
09-02-2013, 09:06 PM
This thread is a TexansTalk instant classic

TexansSeminole
09-02-2013, 09:07 PM
No I can decipher maturity, what I can't decipher is the BS of Hipocracy it seems people have. People that allow themselves to be bothered by Manziel, are weak minded in their own right. He is a freaking 20 year old kid. If you are letting the antics of a 20 year old kid get you angry or upset, you have your own special issues.

I'm not a homer, I never even went to Texas A&M, but I do notice the hypocrisy of ESPN and all the outlets wanting to make Manziel a cancer, when it was ESPN who built this kid up. It wasn't a year ago, his "money" gesture was him showing swag, as they said on ESPN, NOW it's immature? BS...

It's doesn't matter who the hell they are playing, teams talk trash, they get talked back to. EVERY team does it. I've seen Alabama QB talk smack when kicking the crap outta teams worse than Rice, and HE is what a Senior?

Come down off your high horse there buddy, air breathes just the same down here....

Manziel doesn't get me upset, I've already stated that. I just called him an ******* and then you and others respond like I slapped your 12 year old daughter.

steelbtexan
09-02-2013, 09:09 PM
This thread is a TexansTalk instant classic

Repped

Awesome isn't it?

thunderkyss
09-02-2013, 09:55 PM
If you agree with the mediots on TV it's time to take a time out.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

BullNation4Life
09-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Manziel doesn't get me upset, I've already stated that. I just called him an ******* and then you and others respond like I slapped your 12 year old daughter.

No I respond to point out the hypocrisy of people. Same people that were singing this kids praises and calling him the next big thing, are now calling him a tool and a-hole, immature and radical and this and that. It's freaking hilarious.

I enjoy watching him play, he is exciting but I am not going to get my day ruined because he is sitting court side at a basketball game, or sitting in a casino with a wad of cash or out getting hammered. I don't get bent because this kid comes from money, then flaunts it and has more fun in 1 summer than most that bash him have had in an entire life time.....

BUT that's just me...

TexansSeminole
09-03-2013, 12:14 AM
No I respond to point out the hypocrisy of people. Same people that were singing this kids praises and calling him the next big thing, are now calling him a tool and a-hole, immature and radical and this and that. It's freaking hilarious.

I enjoy watching him play, he is exciting but I am not going to get my day ruined because he is sitting court side at a basketball game, or sitting in a casino with a wad of cash or out getting hammered. I don't get bent because this kid comes from money, then flaunts it and has more fun in 1 summer than most that bash him have had in an entire life time.....

BUT that's just me...

Because all that you just brought up was mentioned in my post, or any of my posts?

qqert
09-03-2013, 12:44 AM
If you are letting the antics of a 20 year old kid get you angry or upset, you have your own special issues...

wait.. we cant criticize manziel? is he obama now?
and what issues do you think people have when they get their pantys in a bunch when the media criticizes their idol?

were you the "leave britney alone" dude a few years ago? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc)

qqert
09-03-2013, 12:46 AM
somebody dub that video above into "leave manziel alone right now!!!"
lol

:slapfight::slapfight::slapfight:

ArlingtonTexan
09-03-2013, 08:42 AM
I am amazed that people can't hold the thought that Johnny football is an amazing, if not brilliant football player and an immature (even for 20) tool at the same time. Because you like the one does not mean you ignore the other.

steelbtexan
09-03-2013, 08:52 AM
I am amazed that people can't hold the thought that Johnny football is an amazing, if not brilliant football player and an immature (even for 20) tool at the same time. Because you like the one does not mean you ignore the other.

Very true

I like the fact that JM beats to his own drummer, sometimes to his own detriment.

The1ApplePie
09-03-2013, 10:48 AM

He should have done something that this board would have found classy, like trying to smash another man in the head with his own helmet.

2012Champs
09-03-2013, 11:55 AM
Dont matter to me what Manziel does, IMO he will turn out to be J Russell all over again. I dont see his "talent" transfering to NFL success.

So sure let him make money off signing his john handcock, whatever.

It is Hancock. Hitler? Really?

disaacks3
09-03-2013, 12:56 PM

Espn is trying to make everything manziel does villianous when it steps away from what thy want to see, which is him completely humbled and not doing anything special. Hell, Paul finebaum said today that respecting the opponent and not talking trash is "sacrosanct" in college football. Gimme a damn break. It's gotten hilarious.

Maybe he hates him too. Most folks don't understand Sumlin's "lack of flexibility". For those of us who do, it's no surprise. (Just like the defensive suspensions)

So be sick and tired then. I don't watch ESPN debate shows. I've seen nothing in regards to reporting on the way Manziel was acting. I watched the game and formed my own opinion. Believe it or not, people do form their own opinions and don't need to watch ESPN talk shows in order to do that. How about you guys just take people's opinion for their opinion and quit blaming ESPN? Y'all sound crazily paranoid. And you sound like your opionion was formed by the talking heads at ESPN. Fine, the kid got a flag for taunting the other team (after getting taunted to begin with) - big friggin deal. I had to find radio coverage of the game, as I still wanted some play-by-play and not a 20+ minute discourse on how Johnny Football is ruining the american college football landscape.

His coach thought it A was unusual and B a dumbass move. Why don't you apologists figure out a way to work Sumlin into your ESPN conspiracy? I've never seen anything from Sumlin indicating that taunting was "unusual". Sure, it was a dumbass penalty, it just wasn't the end of the western world and hasn't required the level of horse**** piled on that has followed. Not sure where what Sumlin thinks has anything whatsoever to do with the ESPN attack.

Does the kid do immature things? Sure. He grew up well off in a community where it's likely anything he did could be swept under the rug. He's had great success at a young age, is talented and loves the spotlight. He gets to live under closer scrutiny than anyone most of us have ever met. I doubt that anyone his age really understands what to make of everything. It shows. This is a kid (with his background) acting like a kid (with his background).

Let's analyze this a little deeper. ESPN "breaks" a story on Manziel signing autographs for $$$. When push comes to shove, both they (and the NCAA) look like dopes, as they can't get a single "witness" to come forward. Sure, that might have more than a little to do with the likelihood that the State of Texas would prosecute the brokers, just as the whole investigation had more than a small root in Alabama football. ESPN looks like the fools they often are, and Manziel manages to give them more ammo with the taunting penalty. Oh look, no deeper analysis is really needed.

TexansSeminole
09-03-2013, 01:05 PM
:rolleyes: Ok.

htownfan32
09-03-2013, 01:13 PM
God, some people are getting so worked up about Manziel. Just watch games and if you really can't stand JM, just don't watch A&M games.

How much does he affect your life that you really need to come onto the internet and berate him? Yeesh.

The only reason I post here is because it's my college and my football team. I'm territorial, and I'll defend them even if I don't really like Manziel myself.

Rey
09-03-2013, 01:18 PM
How is manziel different from any other person that has been discussed here over the years?

Can no one think any action of his is negative without being a hater, ditto head, or overly consumed?

htownfan32
09-03-2013, 01:23 PM
How is manziel different from any other person that has been discussed here over the years?

Can no one think any action of his is negative without being a hater, ditto head, or overly consumed?

I think plenty of his actions are idiotic, but that doesn't make me come onto the board and call him a classless POS, the worst thing to happen to college football, the Antichrist, etc. etc.

(that last one was a joke) :sarcasm:

I'm just saying the reaction has been more vitriolic than his actions deserve.

Mr teX
09-03-2013, 01:40 PM

Lol, what the hell has A&M ever won? You're talking like A&M has been a powerhouse the last 20 years.

Lol yeah i sat on the bench b/c i realized a long time ago that all my haters aren't on equal footing & some don't even deserve my attention.....:rolleyes: yeah ok. Clear to see you've never won at anything consistently.

A Rice player talking smack to me after i threw 3 TD in less than a qtr of play deserves no response from me. Scoreboard & keep it moving.

An Alabama player whose team is the only thing really standing in my way between a BCS title with guys equally as nice at their position as i am at mine is an entirely different animal & might warrant a little
smack talk back.

So yeah, its immature......and weak-minded. Weak ass hell b/c it shows that he's got an incessant need to respond to players' smack that are clearly not of the same caliber as him. It also lets other players & coaches know they can get in his head....easily.

Apart from all this you guys seem to be missing the point...at least my point. I'm looking at this from Sumlin's POV. You see It's not just this 1 incident that he's had to deal with in handling this guy...Its the collective that once again ESPN ain't making up. & If for no other reason than to make his coaches job easier, the jackass should just STFU, put his head down and play ball. Again at least TRY to show some maturity & concern for someone other than Johnny...& of course he's not doing it.

That disregard he's showing puts Sumlin in between a rock & a hard place. He doesn't have the security to just discipline him like he probably would any other player; The fans or the administration would fire him or get him fired.

Sumlin's actions and words last Saturday should speak a ton about what he thinks of Manziel's actions collectively & to date...His words and actions should hold more weight than anything Mark May, Jesse Palmer or any other outsider from ESPN or fan messageboard has to say.

I mean it's right there in front of you guys' face & you don't want to see it b/c y'all have somehow got it in your heads that ESPN has it out for the guy..... as if he's somehow different than previous other stars in the last 10-20 years. RG3 won the Heisman in 2011, he didn't have nearly the polarizing effect that this jackass is having.....b/c he kept it classy.

The funny thing is, when this was going on down the road in Austin with a certain other Qb, you guys were going on & on about how classless & stupid he is/was. Now that the spotlight has shifted "it's all good........that''s just who johnny football is!!!"

Rey
09-03-2013, 02:03 PM
I think plenty of his actions are idiotic, but that doesn't make me come onto the board and call him a classless POS, the worst thing to happen to college football, the Antichrist, etc. etc.

(that last one was a joke) :sarcasm:

I'm just saying the reaction has been more vitriolic than his actions deserve.

I honestly haven't gotten that vibe, but I'm just asking...how is he different from any other person that's discussed here? Strong white/black (vs. shades of gray) opinions tend to be common place on message boards. I wouldn't get too worked up about people (not calling anyone out because I haven't seen it) that completely hate JM.

BullNation4Life
09-03-2013, 02:12 PM
wait.. we cant criticize manziel? is he obama now?
and what issues do you think people have when they get their pantys in a bunch when the media criticizes their idol?

were you the "leave britney alone" dude a few years ago? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc)

Sure criticize him, if you feel the need to criticize a kid who is closer to 19 than 21, because he is not "a man" then by all means. I just find it hilarious that the same people that criticize Manziel, that say he is a detriment to the team, that he should be benched, blah blah blah, are the same ones who praised him for his rebel, shoot from the hip, swagger he showed last fall when he was a nobody...

Hipocracy knows no bounds I guess...

The fact that Manziel is anybodies idol says so much about that individual. If anybody is getting their panties in a wad over what this kid is doing, they need help, plain and simple.

Is he immature, his actions would say so but I wouldn't expect anything less from a post-teenager. Is he a punk, douche, tool, etc. Don't know, A: never met the kid B: He never talks to the media. When he did talk, he seemed respectful.

Again, if you are letting the antics of a kid get to you, seek help immediately...

TexansSeminole
09-03-2013, 02:22 PM

Apparently we are all brainwashed by evil sports media.

PapaL
09-03-2013, 02:28 PM
I don't have anything to add besides this:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/001/035/581/_sev1_original.gif

michaelm
09-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Lemme get this straight...
The starting QB of a major college football program is suspended for the first half of the season opener, and later in that same game benched by his own coach... and anyone who makes a negative comment about it is a hater and brainwashed by ESPN?

Stemp
09-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Lemme get this straight...
The starting QB of a major college football program is suspended for the first half of the season opener, and later in that same game benched by his own coach... and anyone who makes a negative comment about it is a hater and brainwashed by ESPN?

No. The haters are the ones who see something on tv or hear someone on espn bloviate and think they know what sumlin or manziel are thinking or doing.
From today's press conference:
The "money" sign was done last year and this year by many in the team and has no real meaning per the players at the presser
Sumlin said that he made two comments to manziel when he got the penalty didn't ask a question nor should manziel have responded to him if he was smart. Sumlin said he couldn't repeat what he said in public.
What people, including ESPN and others in the media think they know from the tv or behind a desk in a studio is often totally different than the reality.

michaelm
09-03-2013, 11:17 PM
No. The haters are the ones who see something on tv or hear someone on espn bloviate and think they know what sumlin or manziel are thinking or doing.
From today's press conference:
The "money" sign was done last year and this year by many in the team and has no real meaning per the players at the presser
Sumlin said that he made two comments to manziel when he got the penalty didn't ask a question nor should manziel have responded to him if he was smart. Sumlin said he couldn't repeat what he said in public.
What people, including ESPN and others in the media think they know from the tv or behind a desk in a studio is often totally different than the reality.

I don't know what Manziel said, nor do I particularly care. He's the starting QB, and he got himself benched during a football game for something other than performance. I think that speaks for itself and apparently one of the two people who know what was said (Sumlin) thinks it speaks for itself as well. No speculation required.

disaacks3
09-04-2013, 12:32 AM
I don't know what Manziel said, nor do I particularly care. He's the starting QB, and he got himself benched during a football game for something other than performance. I think that speaks for itself and apparently one of the two people who know what was said (Sumlin) thinks it speaks for itself as well. No speculation required.

Sumlin also said it wasn't a big deal and couldn't believe the reporters were wasting time talking about it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Texn4life
09-04-2013, 12:41 AM
I heard a rumor that Johnny Manziel punches babies and purposely leaves the toilet seat up so his GF gets her butt wet all the time.

michaelm
09-04-2013, 12:49 AM
Sumlin also said it wasn't a big deal and couldn't believe the reporters were wasting time talking about it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Well, maybe Sumlin is in damage control, or has some other motive for downplaying it now (boosters anyone?).
It's not debated that Manziel was benched for the exchange with Sumlin is it? You don't bench your starting QB during a game for "no big deal"...

michaelm
09-04-2013, 12:51 AM
I'd like to point out that I'm not criticizing Manziel for any of the off-season stuff, or the perceived taunting and resulting penalty.
I'm just saying he got himself benched, and that is a problem. No arguing that point in my mind.

Texn4life
09-04-2013, 01:02 AM
I'd like to point out that I'm not criticizing Manziel for any of the off-season stuff, or the perceived taunting and resulting penalty.
I'm just saying he got himself benched, and that is a problem. No arguing that point in my mind.

I think that's fair. I'm sure its a good teaching lesson for Sumlin and Johnny though. I think he's accepting the role of being hated right now and wanted to take that to the field. I personally love everything he did Saturday with the exception of drawing the penalty. Like Sumlin said today he needs to bottle up all that energy up and re-direct it. I don't even mind the trash talking, but just make sure its not anything out of line so it draws a penalty. Brady has been known to do a little talking on the field too, but he's just a little slicker about how he does it. Better he learn his lesson against Rice than Bama.

Stemp
09-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Well, maybe Sumlin is in damage control, or has some other motive for downplaying it now (boosters anyone?).
It's not debated that Manziel was benched for the exchange with Sumlin is it? You don't bench your starting QB during a game for "no big deal"...

He was benched for getting the penalty called not for saying something to sumlin. More than likely he was warned not to retaliate or say or do anything to draw a penalty but it still happened.

disaacks3
09-04-2013, 10:29 AM
It's not debated that Manziel was benched for the exchange with Sumlin is it? You don't bench your starting QB during a game for "no big deal"... Or maybe he thinks that it's all overblown?

Sumlin attempted to clear up a misconception that Manziel "ignored" the head coach after Sumlin yelled at him following the 15-yard personal foul penalty, which was assessed after he threw a touchdown pass to Mike Evans, exchanged words with a Rice defensive player and pointed at the scoreboard.

"When he came off the field, basically I made two statements to him, neither one of which should he have responded to," Sumlin said. "They weren't questions. They were direct statements that I can't repeat right now. So what's amazing to me is the perception that he ignored me. The worst thing that could have happened was for him to reply, based on what I told him."

"For people to say 'You know what, he's not listening to his coach and there's no discipline on this team,' they're not around this football team," Sumlin said. "They're not around this program. A lot of people who have made statements about that weren't anywhere near the sideline. I haven't heard one guy or any person who was near that sideline, who heard (what) was said, speak up about what happened. So, you can get different perspectives sitting in a studio or behind a television than you would have gotten live. That's where we are with that. "

Link (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9630954/johnny-manziel-ignore-me)

beerlover
09-04-2013, 10:56 AM
All I can say about Manziel right now is look out- Derek Carr is leading the nation in total offense 497 yards per game. lol

Mr teX
09-04-2013, 11:03 AM
He was benched for getting the penalty called not for saying something to sumlin. More than likely he was warned not to retaliate or say or do anything to draw a penalty but it still happened.

Exactly. Sumlin's comments on the field right after the incident illustrate his growing frustration with this kid more than anything....

"That wasn't very smart. That's why he didn't go back in the game either. You would hope at this point, you'd learn something from that. We're still working on that. He wasn't going back in the game no matter what was happening."

The bolded is the phrase that sums it up.....

Yesterday's comments were more of him trying to protect Manziel from any more criticism and to show everyone that he as the coach still has control of the team.

thunderkyss
09-04-2013, 12:30 PM
"When he came off the field, basically I made two statements to him, neither one of which should he have responded to," Sumlin said. "They weren't questions. They were direct statements that I can't repeat right now. So what's amazing to me is the perception that he ignored me. The worst thing that could have happened was for him to reply, based on what I told him."

Damn..... now I want to know what he said.

TexansSeminole
09-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Yesterday's comments were more of him trying to protect Manziel from any more criticism and to show everyone that he as the coach still has control of the team.

That seems obvious to me as well. Publicly criticizing him gets Sumlin nowhere, he probably regrets saying anything in the post game.

pbat488
09-05-2013, 10:53 AM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTZLH7NCMAAPEFj.jpg

link: http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2151167,00.html?pcd=hp-magmod

Wolf
09-05-2013, 01:13 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/23491669/overwrought-media-make-johnny-manziel-a-sympathetic-figureInteresting article about people getting tired of media bashing

Stemp
09-05-2013, 02:44 PM
http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2013/9/5/4696118/evil-quotes-johnny-manziel-barry-switzer-villains

htownfan32
09-05-2013, 03:51 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/23491669/overwrought-media-make-johnny-manziel-a-sympathetic-figureInteresting article about people getting tired of media bashing

Gotta agree with this article.

BullNation4Life
09-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Gotta agree with this article.

I've been saying all along the media way making Manziel seem way too evil and going way over the top. The media is trying to make it out like he committed this horrible crime, like selling drugs or robbery, when the kid,and he is a kid, is only guilty of being a immature post-teenager who happened to be great enough for one year to win the Heisman Trophy...

I heard yesterday on Sports Radio 610, Rich Lord talking about how Manziel is a punk and this and that. Then proceeded to say, "If he was more like Andre Johnson, he would be more liked" ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME! Why are you comparing the way a grown man would act to the way a 20 year old kid would act.

that is the kind of crap I am talking about. Most of these talking heads must live in plexiglass houses with some of the stones they have been throwing around....

infantrycak
09-05-2013, 04:23 PM
I heard yesterday on Sports Radio 610, Rich Lord talking about how Manziel is a punk and this and that. Then proceeded to say, "If he was more like Andre Johnson, he would be more liked" ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME! Why are you comparing the way a grown man would act to the way a 20 year old kid would act.

Because you are the one being unrealistic. Lots of 20 year olds are behaving themselves as famous college athletes. You're acting like Manziel is acting normal and that is delusional.

FYI - 20 is an adult.

Corrosion
09-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Manziel reminds me a lot of ..... Tim Tebow.

Polarizing .... Great athlete .... Great college QB .... Probably wont make it in the NFL.

thunderkyss
09-05-2013, 10:38 PM
I want to see Randy Bullock point to the score board & do the money sign when he kicks a field goal.

thunderkyss
09-06-2013, 10:52 AM
http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/589/09/589_1378470348.jpg

Show me the Money (http://www.sports790.com/pages/propergentlemen.html)

BullNation4Life
09-06-2013, 01:38 PM
The End is Nigh...

Mr teX
09-06-2013, 02:31 PM
The End is Nigh...

God help him if Manziel really does something that hurts his team or embarasses the University...This pic would be in heavy circulation.

On a side note..what's up with ol' boy on the far left throwing up gang signs?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7bTLuiStujE/S_aMF52MT9I/AAAAAAAACHg/GiUCSZIDwPs/s400/bbdo-gang-sign-street.jpg

BullNation4Life
09-06-2013, 02:44 PM
God help him if Manziel really does something that hurts his team or embarasses the University...This pic would be in heavy circulation.

On a side note..what's up with ol' boy on the far left throwing up gang signs?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7bTLuiStujE/S_aMF52MT9I/AAAAAAAACHg/GiUCSZIDwPs/s400/bbdo-gang-sign-street.jpg

I think is he calling the photographer an A-hole....

Stemp
09-06-2013, 02:53 PM
I think is he calling the photographer an A-hole....

It's OVO, a drake thing

BullNation4Life
09-06-2013, 04:21 PM
It's OVO, a drake thing

ahhhh ok. We use to do it to each other, show the A-hole, and if you saw it, you got punched....

2012Champs
09-06-2013, 05:45 PM
It's OVO, a drake thing

Interesting read to expand on that

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/9/6/4700258/johnny-manziel-texas-am-president-drake-ovo-hand-signal

CloakNNNdagger
09-07-2013, 02:11 PM
Alabama At Texas A&M Is Most Expensive College Football Ticket Of 2013 At $744

Alabama won the college football national championship in January with a convincing 42-14 victory over Notre Dame. It capped a dominant 13-1 season where the Crimson Tide outscored opponents 541 to 153. The only blemish was a 29-24 loss at home to Texas A&M and future Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel.

Alabama is ranked No. 1 in the preseason polls and will have revenge on its mind when it travels to College Station for a rematch on Sept. 14. The Alabama weight room has the 2012 A&M game playing on a continous loop on every TV in its weight room and the A&M logo is affixed to each weight station. Fans are jacked up for the game too with the average ticket price at $744 on the resale market, according to Vivid Seats, which makes it the most expensive college football game of the season.

Vivid combed its secondary ticket inventory for Forbes to determine the 25 most anticipated games of the year (see below). The average entry price for the ‘Bama-A&M game has risen $40 in recent weeks, despite concerns that Manziel would be suspended due to the autograph scandal that has engulfed him this month.

The minimum price to get into Kyle Stadium next month to see the national champs is $359. The average price of $744 is 35% higher than the next most expensive game, which features SEC heavyweight LSU at Alabama on Nov. 14. The average price for that annual battle is $550 with a minimum of $263.REST OF THE STORY (http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2013/08/28/alabama-at-texas-am-is-most-expensive-college-football-ticket-of-2013-at-744/)

Stemp
09-07-2013, 07:35 PM
REST OF THE STORY (http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2013/08/28/alabama-at-texas-am-is-most-expensive-college-football-ticket-of-2013-at-744/)

Seriously considering selling mine

EllisUnit
09-07-2013, 07:47 PM
Sounds like sam is giving manziel hell right now

htownfan32
09-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Sounds like sam is giving manziel hell right now

One dumb interception, otherwise Manziel is making short work of them.

EllisUnit
09-07-2013, 08:25 PM
One dumb interception, otherwise Manziel is making short work of them.

haha come on now man this is a FCS school, we dont have the depth nor the talent a FBS gets, so to even compete is doing good.

htownfan32
09-07-2013, 08:40 PM
haha come on now man this is a FCS school, we dont have the depth nor the talent a FBS gets, so to even compete is doing good.

Well, Manziel looks alright, so that doesn't worry me.

The defense does worry me, but then again we are short like 5 starters because of suspensions.

EllisUnit
09-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Well, Manziel looks alright, so that doesn't worry me.

The defense does worry me, but then again we are short like 5 starters because of suspensions.

were they selling their john handcock as well :truck:

EllisUnit
09-07-2013, 09:06 PM
whew bear kats making a game of it though...

EllisUnit
09-07-2013, 09:30 PM
Damn aggies can committ murder out there and not get called for it. haha

NastyNate
09-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Damn aggies can committ murder out there and not get called for it. haha

Dude you sound ridiculous, let it be.

ATXtexanfan
09-07-2013, 10:58 PM
Cant wait for bama to settle a score

EllisUnit
09-08-2013, 12:19 AM

guessing u didnt see the game, no biggy, but please watch the game and see what i'm talking about and the tv broadcaters are talking about as well before commenting.

FirstTexansFan
09-08-2013, 12:31 AM
I saw the game, didn't see it any way but a butt kicking, onward to the next game, we couldn't do worse than the Horns against the Mormons tee hee

Texn4life
09-08-2013, 12:31 AM

Pretty much........ I saw the game and it could have been much, much uglier.

EllisUnit
09-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Pretty much........ I saw the game and it could have been much, much uglier.

When you allow a FCS school 240 rushing yards and 28 points a 68 yard rushing TD and a 75 yard passing TD, it is pretty bad though, especially when your ranked #7 in the nation.

FirstTexansFan
09-08-2013, 10:48 AM
When you allow a FCS school 240 rushing yards and 28 points a 68 yard rushing TD and a 75 yard passing TD, it is pretty bad though, especially when your ranked #7 in the nation.

Five starters not on defense these first two games, they'll be back next week.

EllisUnit
09-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Five starters not on defense these first two games, they'll be back next week.

OK and ??? All of the aggies back ups are more talented that the SHSU first string, thats the difference between getting recruits for a FBS and then recruits for a FCS school. We get the left overs haha, simply saying you guys might be in trouble when you face a good opponent judging by these first 2 games of the season against easy opponents.

IDEXAN
09-08-2013, 11:01 AM
OK little Johny boy, you had your fun with these third-rate programs, now big,
bad Nick and his big, bad "Bama team are coming for you next week in College
Station, and it ain't gonna be pretty, boy.

TexansSeminole
09-08-2013, 12:00 PM
OK and ??? All of the aggies back ups are more talented that the SHSU first string, thats the difference between getting recruits for a FBS and then recruits for a FCS school. We get the left overs haha, simply saying you guys might be in trouble when you face a good opponent judging by these first 2 games of the season against easy opponents.

I actually don't disagree that the defense does have some things to worry about. They've let two sub-par teams run extremely effectively on them in the first two weeks of the season. Rice had 306 rushing yards with an average of 6 yards per rush, SHSU had 240 yards rushing with an average of 5.7 yards per rush. The Alabama running game looks like they may have a huge day against the Aggies. They'll be talking about it in their defensive meeting rooms, I can guarantee it.

kingtexan
09-08-2013, 12:16 PM

Oh its gonna be bad, real bad for Bama. This guy is about to show why he can be as much of an ass as he wants and we just need to shut up and respect his ability. Johnny F'in Football is going to wreak havoc.

pbat488
09-08-2013, 01:10 PM

actually a good number of fcs players were recruited by fbs schools but couldn't get in academically or transferred out due to different reasons. on shsu alone they have chance nelson, johntel franklin, and andrew weaver who were at one time either at or committed to a&m and i'm sure there are many others who transferred in from fbs programs.

as far as our defense, it is worrisome but we'll have at least three more starters back this week and will be running a 4-3 instead of the 3-3-5 we've been putting out the past two weeks.

htownfan32
09-08-2013, 04:04 PM

Yeah, it's going to be really ugly when the Aggie offensive line gives Manziel all day in the pocket and Malena huge holes to run through.

If A&M can keep scoring, Alabama won't be able to keep up. Sumlin just needs to focus on racking up points on Bama.

Texn4life
09-08-2013, 04:18 PM

You have a reading comprehension problem....... that has nothing to do with what either of us said. A&M's defense is terrible, but you he responded to something that had nothing to do with their defense and my comment had nothing to do with their defense. A&M could have easily won that game by 50 points if not for the INT and a couple of missed opportunities in the Red Zone.

Stemp
09-08-2013, 04:28 PM
A&M has several defensive starters who out for various reason, and they went plain jane defense for the first two games. They have yet to even dial up a blitz. SHSU used every trick in the book to make a game of it, including tons of misdirection and even a fake punt.
The defense didn't look at that great, and there are some concerns, but they'll be going up against Bama's offense which has a ton of question marks as well.

htownfan32
09-08-2013, 05:17 PM
He's gone too far this time.

COLLEGE STATION- This past Saturday during Texas A&M’s big win, former Heisman Trophy winner and current starting quarterback Johnny Manziel scored a touchdown and proceeded to celebrate by killing one of the players on the opposing team.

The touchdown put Texas A&M up 37 points with :16 seconds left on the clock, and the opposing team’s player was pronounced dead on the field.

“I took him out immediately. We do not stand for unnecessary penalties like that here at Texas A&M,” head coach Kevin Sumlin said. “I know there was only :16 seconds left on the clock, but if he would’ve done that in the 1st quarter, I would’ve taken him out then too… at least until the offense took the field again. I mean, come on, he’s Johnny Football!”

After his 6th rushing touchdown of the day, Manziel began to celebrate. He pulled a Sharpie out of his sock, signed the football, accepted what appeared to be $400 cash from an unidentified man on the sidelines, and proceeded to punt the ball into the stands. A teammate then handed Manziel one of his famous sparkler cigars. Simultaneously, another teammate placed a smoking jacket over his shoulder pads. Manziel lit the cigar, took three puffs, and put it out on one of the opposing players. That opposing player caught fire immediately and began running around the field. Although, that player wasn’t the one who died. He is currently in the hospital recovering from third degree burns and humiliation.

After lighting the one player on fire, Manziel continued his antics by running to the coach’s wives section of the stands and making out with Mrs. Sumlin.

http://www.korkedbats.com/2013/09/04/johnny-manziel-celebrates-touchdown-by-killing-opposing-teams-player/

IDEXAN
09-09-2013, 12:53 PM
For those of you who aren't sick of all the coverage Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel has been receiving, has CBS Sports got the gimmick for you.

You know who you are, Aggies fans and folks who just can't keep their eyes off a train wreck (or a heckuva good college football player). Apparently the folks at CBS think there are enough of you out there (and they're probably right) that they will have an extra camera on hand during Saturday's much-anticipated Texas A&M/Alabama showdown to follow Manziel's every move.

And they're calling it "Johnny Cam." For real.

"No matter where he is and no matter what part of the game it is, we will have a shot of it," Craig Silver, coordinating producer of college football for CBS Sports, told Sports Illustrated. "If he is anywhere in sight of that camera, we will catch it."

As hideous as it might sound, it's actually not a bad idea (except for the name -- that really is hideous). But you never know what Johnny Football is going to do at any given moment, so the folks at CBS might as well be ready.

Still, let's try not to encourage them too much. After all, you never know what Manziel is going to do at any given moment off the field too -- and we certainly don't want "Johnny Cam" up and running 24/7.

Or do we?
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-johnny-manziel-camera-20130909,0,2803152.story#axzz2ePnsH57e

Mr teX
09-09-2013, 01:23 PM
Stop your conspiracy theories...This is typical coverage for a returning Heisman winner...There's always a camera on them in these situations.

Leinart got the ridiculous oversaturated coverage when he came back after winning it...If i remember correctly that's when the pictures surfaced that had him doing keg stands & sitting in hot tubs with the ladies....which brought questions about his focus to NFL scouts.

Tebow got the same amount of coverage when he came back...do i even have to go there about his coverage?...the love affair with Urban Meyer...the preaching he does in the phillipines....the crying after he lost to Alabama in the SEC championship game?

Sam Bradford would've gotten it had he not gotten hurt...thereby putting him out of sight out of mind for many people.

The only reason why you guys think the media is out to get Johnny boy is b/c unlike the other 3 before him, noone really likes Manziel...hard to like a guy who acts like a jerk. He's got everyone to the point where they're just waiting for his next big "immature" act... & why shouldn't they wait? he hasn't let them down thus far.

2012Champs
09-09-2013, 01:28 PM
My wife tried to get her friend who runs a custom print shop to make her a Manziel shirt that said "Johnny Football is MONEY" but the lady declined because she thought johnny football was copyrighted but said she would come up with something else instead.

Stemp
09-09-2013, 01:38 PM
My wife tried to get her friend who runs a custom print shop to make her a Manziel shirt that said "Johnny Football is MONEY" but the lady declined because she thought johnny football was copyrighted but said she would come up with something else instead.

Gotten lots of requests for Johnny Manziel or Johnny Football t-shirts to be printed. I always decline because I am licensed for Texas A&M and don't want to put it in jeopardy. However, the printer usually won't get into trouble for making unlicensed items unless they themselves are trying to sell them. But if whoever does sell them gets in the crosshairs, they can and will lose all of their inventory and may have to pay restitution depending on how much was sold.

Stemp
09-09-2013, 01:40 PM
The only reason why you guys think the media is out to get Johnny boy is b/c unlike the other 3 before him, noone really likes Manziel...hard to like a guy who acts like a jerk. He's got everyone to the point where they're just waiting for his next big "immature" act... & why shouldn't they wait? he hasn't let them down thus far.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn177/LorellosHouse/HaterAid.gif

2012Champs
09-09-2013, 01:50 PM
Gotten lots of requests for Johnny Manziel or Johnny Football t-shirts to be printed. I always decline because I am licensed for Texas A&M and don't want to put it in jeopardy. However, the printer usually won't get into trouble for making unlicensed items unless they themselves are trying to sell them. But if whoever does sell them gets in the crosshairs, they can and will lose all of their inventory and may have to pay restitution depending on how much was sold.

her friend is licensed as well so thats probably why she declined

Mr teX
09-09-2013, 01:57 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn177/LorellosHouse/HaterAid.gif

Yep, sure am...don't think he's that good...sorry

2012Champs
09-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Yep, sure am...don't think he's that good...sorry

how good does one have to be to break multiple sec records ?

thunderkyss
09-09-2013, 02:55 PM
http://content.clearchannel.com/cc-common/mlib/589/09/589_1378735526.gif

Mr teX
09-09-2013, 04:52 PM
how good does one have to be to break multiple sec records ?

Breaking records in a college conference...even if it is the best conference, is no more of an indicator of how good you really are than winning the Heisman is imo...It just means you put up the best stats and nothing more. Hell, we may see Aaron Murray become the all-time leader in TD passes in the SEC this year over guys like Weurfel & Manning. Will anyone remember him when thinking of great SEC qb's though? Likely not b/c his talent doesn't match up with his career...unless of course he goes on to do big things in the NFL.........which is unlikely.

Apart from that, it depends on your criteria for being "good"..

I base mine off how your talent translates to the next level. & as i watch him, i don't think it translates very well; basically for alot of the same reasons i didn't see VY's translating.

Don't get me wrong, he obviously can play on the college level..I just don't think he's nearly as good as his stats may indicate & his fan boys champion him to be.

2012Champs
09-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Breaking records in a college conference...even if it is the best conference, is no more of an indicator of how good you really are than winning the Heisman is imo...It just means you put up the best stats and nothing more. Hell, we may see Aaron Murray become the all-time leader in TD passes in the SEC this year over guys like Weurfel & Manning. Will anyone remember him when thinking of great SEC qb's though? Likely not b/c his talent doesn't match up with his career...unless of course he goes on to do big things in the NFL.........which is unlikely.

Apart from that, it depends on your criteria for being "good"..

I base mine off how your talent translates to the next level. & as i watch him, i don't think it translates very well; basically for alot of the same reasons i didn't see VY's translating.

Don't get me wrong, he obviously can play on the college level..I just don't think he's nearly as good as his stats may indicate & his fan boys champion him to be.

So when you says he's just not that good you are evaluating how he will be in the NFL? Because as a college QB he is pretty damn good and the stats while you think are meaningless are just a small part of the picture that he is pretty good currently.

While stats may be meaningless he is only the 5th player in history to throw for 3000 yards and rush for 1000 and he got to that point two games before any of the other 4 player in history. That does put you in short company for a hell of a year

badboy
09-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Are we even allowed to talk about Manziel or does that break copy also? I can at least think what I want. This is still America. Right?

Mr teX
09-09-2013, 05:26 PM
So when you says he's just not that good you are evaluating how he will be in the NFL? Because as a college QB he is pretty damn good and the stats while you think are meaningless are just a small part of the picture that he is pretty good currently.

While stats may be meaningless he is only the 5th player in history to throw for 3000 yards and rush for 1000 and he got to that point two games before any of the other 4 player in history. That does put you in short company for a hell of a year

Couldn't disagree with you more...the stats are the biggest part of the picture for him & always have been. Hell, the biggest reason he got into the heisman conversation in the 1st place was b/c he put up ridiculous stats against bad SEC teams.....that & b/c it was A&M's 1st year in the SEC.

he's good...but he's not nearly as good as people think prop him up to be...Dude had 1 good game against a great team.....There are examples of that every year all over the college landscape...Shall we take a stroll back to 2008 & watch Graham Harrell play the game of his life against Texas?

2012Champs
09-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Couldn't disagree with you more...the stats are the biggest part of the picture for him & always have been. Hell, the biggest reason he got into the heisman conversation in the 1st place was b/c he put up ridiculous stats against bad SEC teams.....that & b/c it was A&M's 1st year in the SEC.

he's good...but he's not nearly as good as people think prop him up to be...Dude had 1 good game against a great team.....There are examples of that every year all over the college landscape...Shall we take a stroll back to 2008 & watch Graham Harrell play the game of his life against Texas?

He is good just not that good? Its getting more and more diluted. The kid isnt jesus but he is pretty damn good and I think he had more than a single good game but its clear you arent a fan

thunderkyss
09-09-2013, 05:42 PM
Hell, the biggest reason he got into the heisman conversation in the 1st place was b/c he put up ridiculous stats against bad SEC teams.....that & b/c it was A&M's 1st year in the SEC.

No... the biggest reason he got into the conversation was because people kept saying, "Whoa.... did you see that kid at A&M? What's his name? Johnny something. Johnny Football."

disaacks3
09-09-2013, 05:58 PM

he's good...but he's not nearly as good as people think prop him up to be...Dude had 1 good game against a great team.....There are examples of that every year all over the college landscape...Shall we take a stroll back to 2008 & watch Graham Harrell play the game of his life against Texas? So, your yardstick of a talented college player is your projection of how good they might be in the NFL?

:vincepalm:

The Heisman and multiple SEC records are just for show? One good game? Dude had several OUTRAGEOUS games against good competition and beat the national champs in their own house last year.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/977/d7f/f18/resized/manziel-haters-meme-generator-haters-gonna-hate-b6de93.jpg?1353815206.jpg

Mr teX
09-09-2013, 09:29 PM
So, your yardstick of a talented college player is your projection of how good they might be in the NFL?

:vincepalm:

The Heisman and multiple SEC records are just for show? One good game? Dude had several OUTRAGEOUS games against good competition and beat the national champs in their own house last year.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/977/d7f/f18/resized/manziel-haters-meme-generator-haters-gonna-hate-b6de93.jpg?1353815206.jpg

Lol at good competition...lets look at this good competition.....

U mean that great competitive team arkansas? That same arkansas team that was sub .500 and still in the throws of petrino-gate and got beat by The ULM warhawks?.....no that couldnt be what you're talking about...

...or how about that great ole miss team that went 7-6 and got absolutely HAMMERED at home by a university of texas team who is supposedly in an inferior conference?...Nah, couldnt be them either...

Or maybe you're talking about that competitive Auburn team that was sub .500, winless in the SEC and managed to get their head coach fired just 2 years after he won a national championship? Still no?

We know what he did against Florida and LSU....and it wasnt that great..

That leaves the non-conference games which we already know, arent on par talent wise player for player...and the Alabama game....his 1 good game against top flight talent and competitive team.

Seems to me you guys are the 1's who got brainwashed by the media and the all the hype. instead of condeming the media u guys should be praising them for building up your boy in the 1st place. He benefited tremendously from the SEC hype as well as padding his stats against inferior non conference and SEC teams.

Think for yourselves people.

steelbtexan
09-10-2013, 06:23 PM

Does this critteria fit Schaub at the pro level?

GlassHalfFull
09-10-2013, 07:51 PM
Lol at good competition...lets look at this good competition.....

U mean that great competitive team arkansas? That same arkansas team that was sub .500 and still in the throws of petrino-gate and got beat by The ULM warhawks?.....no that couldnt be what you're talking about...

...or how about that great ole miss team that went 7-6 and got absolutely HAMMERED at home by a university of texas team who is supposedly in an inferior conference?...Nah, couldnt be them either...

Or maybe you're talking about that competitive Auburn team that was sub .500, winless in the SEC and managed to get their head coach fired just 2 years after he won a national championship? Still no?

We know what he did against Florida and LSU....and it wasnt that great..

That leaves the non-conference games which we already know, arent on par talent wise player for player...and the Alabama game....his 1 good game against top flight talent and competitive team.

Seems to me you guys are the 1's who got brainwashed by the media and the all the hype. instead of condeming the media u guys should be praising them for building up your boy in the 1st place. He benefited tremendously from the SEC hype as well as padding his stats against inferior non conference and SEC teams.

Think for yourselves people.

Don't forget that bowl game blowout against the co Big 12-2 champion

IDEXAN
09-11-2013, 10:53 AM
I was a "Johny Football" fan, even during the offseason, but when he's acted like a stuck-up, spoiled-kid (which is exactly what he is it turns out) since the season starter, I'll be tickled when Sabin goes into College Station Saturday and stomps his little smart alec azz.
5 years from now people probably have only memories of JF while Summlin is an
even more prominent coach than now, maybe in the NFL.

htownfan32
09-12-2013, 06:36 PM
http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/19348053/intro_image.0_standard_783.0.jpg

Uh... I'm gonna leave this here.

BullNation4Life
09-15-2013, 02:32 AM
I was a "Johny Football" fan, even during the offseason, but when he's acted like a stuck-up, spoiled-kid (which is exactly what he is it turns out) since the season starter, I'll be tickled when Sabin goes into College Station Saturday and stomps his little smart alec azz.
5 years from now people probably have only memories of JF while Summlin is an
even more prominent coach than now, maybe in the NFL.

Guess you got disappointed then, Saban got out of college station by the skin of his teeth...

so basically you were a fair weather fan....

typical. Love riding the train until it hit a bump and you jump straight off...

Mr teX
09-15-2013, 02:40 AM
Guess you got disappointed then, Saban got out of college station by the skin of his teeth...

so basically you were a fair weather fan....

typical. Love riding the train until it hit a bump and you jump straight off...

Hardly....Saban and Bama took over in the middle of the 2nd quarter and never looked back and were never really threatened after that. even if they dont convert that last TD, they likely still get 3 out of that drive and its a 2 score game again.

Now A&M winning in Bama last year.....thats winning by the skin of your teeth.

BullNation4Life
09-15-2013, 02:46 AM
Hardly....Saban and Bama took over in the middle of the 2nd quarter and never looked back and were never really threatened after that. even if they dont convert that last TD, they likely still get 3 out of that drive and its a 2 score game again.

Now A&M winning in Bama last year.....thats winning by the skin of your teeth.

BS, all they controlled an inferior defense. They got the win, yeah for Bama but their defense sucks If A&M had half the defense they had last year, this game wouldn't have even been close...

You can't win any game when your offense puts up 42 and your defense gives up 42.

TexansSeminole
09-15-2013, 03:02 AM
BS, all they controlled an inferior defense. They got the win, yeah for Bama but their defense sucks If A&M had half the defense they had last year, this game wouldn't have even been close...

You can't win any game when your offense puts up 42 and your defense gives up 42.

A&M has an elite offense. Games aren't decided on "ifs" by the way. Bama's defense does not suck.

Mr teX
09-15-2013, 03:32 AM

If "if"was a 5th, we'd all be drunk..

When it mattered, Bama's defense got stops and TO's when they had to. They even put up points....and they did alot of that without their best cb for at least a half. sucky defenses dont take points away from offenses...they dont overcome losing one of their best players and they sure as hell dont put points on the board...

Spread offenses give everyone problems and its my belief that if they run into Oregon, they will lose b/c that offense is a well oiled machine and they've got speedto burn and playmakers all over the place.

steelbtexan
09-15-2013, 06:53 AM
A&M has an elite offense. Games aren't decided on "ifs" by the way. Bama's defense does not suck.

Which means Manziel had a great game despite having one ball bounce off his WR's hands, and throwing the fade to the pylon like a QB is supposed to do. The WR kinda gave up on the route.

Everybody can hate him all they want, but they've gotta admit watching Johnny Football play in worth the price of admission. He plays BIG in big games.

PS, the Ags defense is terrible. How many confrence championships has Sumlin won despite having 2 of the best QB's to ever play college football?

steelbtexan
09-15-2013, 06:59 AM
If "if"was a 5th, we'd all be drunk..

When it mattered, Bama's defense got stops and TO's when they had to. They even put up points....and they did alot of that without their best cb for at least a half. sucky defenses dont take points away from offenses...they dont overcome losing one of their best players and they sure as hell dont put points on the board...

Spread offenses give everyone problems and its my belief that if they run into Oregon, they will lose b/c that offense is a well oiled machine and they've got speedto burn and playmakers all over the place.

How many games has Oregon beaten elite SEC schools? I seem to remember Auburn winning a NC against that well oiled machine. LSU? Oregon can run the score up on the Tennessee and Ole Miss of the world. But they struggle against elite defenses.

thunderkyss
09-15-2013, 08:23 AM
Bama's defense does not suck.

Agreed. They put up 6 points of their own.

Mr teX
09-15-2013, 08:39 AM
How many games has Oregon beaten elite SEC schools? I seem to remember Auburn winning a NC against that well oiled machine. LSU? Oregon can run the score up on the Tennessee and Ole Miss of the world. But they struggle against elite defenses.

Lol...they lost by like 3 pts....Auburn's defense was also pretty good that year too..better than any "elite" SEC. school this year.....

FirstTexansFan
09-15-2013, 08:59 AM
I was proud of my Ag's yesterday.... awesome game... defense needs to get some maturity, but you don't get that without playing great teams. Season is far from over... like Johnny said in his post game interview.... we beat them last year and they went on to win the National Championship... :)

thunderkyss
09-15-2013, 09:46 AM
we beat them last year and they went on to win the National Championship... :)

Do you think they have a shot? Alabama would have to lose twice for A&M to represent the West in the SEC Championship game. That's not going to happen.

Stemp
09-15-2013, 09:54 AM
If a&m and bama both win out and there Are no other undefeated teams its possible

FirstTexansFan
09-15-2013, 10:04 AM
Do you think they have a shot? Alabama would have to lose twice for A&M to represent the West in the SEC Championship game. That's not going to happen.

It's football.... anythings possible in September... come torment me at the end of the season LOL

thunderkyss
09-15-2013, 10:11 AM
If a&m and bama both win out and there Are no other undefeated teams its possible

I know it's too early to btch about the BCS "system" & all the what ifs... but think about how screwed up it would be if Bama plays & loses to Auburn in the SEC Championship game, but Bama & A&M play for the National title.

Wouldn't that be screwed up? I know, most likely won't happen... just saying.

Stemp
09-15-2013, 10:19 AM
I know it's too early to btch about the BCS "system" & all the what ifs... but think about how screwed up it would be if Bama plays & loses to Auburn in the SEC Championship game, but Bama & A&M play for the National title.

Wouldn't that be screwed up? I know, most likely won't happen... just saying.

It's the last year of the bcs so I think it would be a fitting tribute

TexansSeminole
09-15-2013, 10:47 AM
A&M will lose more games this year, the defense isn't good enough to be a NC contender.

Mr teX
09-15-2013, 10:48 AM

A&M's non conference schedule would still keep them out in the end imo..

Stemp
09-15-2013, 11:01 AM
A&M's non conference schedule would still keep them out in the end imo..

No way. Going through the SEC west and beating LSU would give them enough of a boost to get ranked #2 should other teams lose a game.

Louisville plays no one on their schedule so if they drop one they are out. They might even be on the outside looking in if they go undefeated, depending on how things play out.

Ohio St played Cal and won but Cal is not good this year, having lost to Northwestern and they may not be bowl eligible.

Oregon may be the only other one loss team to make it in, but I still think the fact that A&M will have only lost to the #1 team by a touchdown will put them in the game.

Dan B.
09-15-2013, 05:53 PM
No way. Going through the SEC west and beating LSU would give them enough of a boost to get ranked #2 should other teams lose a game.

Louisville plays no one on their schedule so if they drop one they are out. They might even be on the outside looking in if they go undefeated, depending on how things play out.

Ohio St played Cal and won but Cal is not good this year, having lost to Northwestern and they may not be bowl eligible.

Oregon may be the only other one loss team to make it in, but I still think the fact that A&M will have only lost to the #1 team by a touchdown will put them in the game.

I think you are underestimating the importance of a conference championship game. I could see a one loss Ohio State team that barely loses to Michigan in Ann Arbor but rebounds to beat them in the Big 10 Championship game making it over A&M. Oregon is another one that you mentioned. I also think Louiisville's Sugar Bowl performance would swing opinion in their favor if they go undefeated.

I'm not sure how the tiebreakers work in the SEC but perhaps A&M's best bet (obviously assuming they go undefeated the rest of the way themselves) may be if LSU beats Bama and have all of them finish with 1 division loss. Is there a chance A&M goes to the SEC Championship in a three way tie? Or do they need LSU and Bama to both lose to Georgia/S Carolina/Florida?

steelbtexan
09-16-2013, 12:05 AM
Lol...they lost by like 3 pts....Auburn's defense was also pretty good that year too..better than any "elite" SEC. school this year.....

Bottom line W or L is all that matters. How many pts were score? Seriously I am not checking the score.

W-L is all that matters = Texans 2-0

GO TEXANS

Dan B.
09-16-2013, 12:26 AM
Didn't Auburn run a variation of the spread themselves when they won a title? That said, Auburn did have a salty D that year to go along with it, something Sumlin has never had.

htownfan32
09-16-2013, 01:05 AM
Didn't Auburn run a variation of the spread themselves when they won a title? That said, Auburn did have a salty D that year to go along with it, something Sumlin has never had.

That should change, though. The defense is loaded with potential and while this year may be rough, recruiting prowess (let's be honest, the gap is closing hard between Texas and Texas A&M) is going to bring us up, while maybe not to elite SEC level, certainly enough for Sumlin's high octane offenses not having to worry about engaging in shootouts all the time.

deucetx
09-16-2013, 09:52 AM

They were talking about this on 97.5 the other day. The point they were bringing up is the loser of the game still has a good shot if they win the rest of their schedule. As we know with college ball losing late in the year hurts more than losing early. You drop down in polls, etc., with little to no time to move back up.

So if A&M wins out the rest of the way and beats LSU and Alabama loses to LSU you could end up with a 3-way tie in the West. How it is decided from there who knows. None have amazing out of coference schedules. So LSU is the key for both at this point.

In any case, much props to Manziel. Hell of a game and gutsy effort. He is proving to be as good as advertised whether you like the guy or not. I still miss the days of the Wrecking Crew. That defense has issues to say the least but it will probably change in time. A game like that pulls recruits in comparison to what the Horns are doing right now.

Think it's time to hop on the fire Mack Brown train unless he pulls a miracle out of somewhere.

thunderkyss
09-16-2013, 09:59 AM
In any case, much props to Manziel. Hell of a game and gutsy effort.

Props to him for the post game interview.

Anyone who hates this kid.... is just un-American.

Mr teX
09-16-2013, 10:15 AM
That should change, though. The defense is loaded with potential and while this year may be rough, recruiting prowess (let's be honest, the gap is closing hard between Texas and Texas A&M) is going to bring us up, while maybe not to elite SEC level, certainly enough for Sumlin's high octane offenses not having to worry about engaging in shootouts all the time.

& this is the only point i'm trying to make about A&M & Manziel.....Talent wise A&M is pretty damn good across the board...I'd say above average on the offensive side. Manziel certainly contributes to that but the collective talent combined with the offensive scheme was destined to put up numbers regardless....with or without Manziel.

We saw it with Art Briles...his system put up numbers in conference USA with Kolb & got that bum drafted in the 2nd round. He takes his system to a better conference with better talent..Hello RG3, the heisman & the #2 overall pick in the NFL.

steelbtexan
09-16-2013, 10:38 AM
& this is the only point i'm trying to make about A&M & Manziel.....Talent wise A&M is pretty damn good across the board...I'd say above average on the offensive side. Manziel certainly contributes to that but the collective talent combined with the offensive scheme was destined to put up numbers regardless....with or without Manziel.

We saw it with Art Briles...his system put up numbers in conference USA with Kolb & got that bum drafted in the 2nd round. He takes his system to a better conference with better talent..Hello RG3, the heisman & the #2 overall pick in the NFL.

But..... But..... that Manziel kid sucks. He's the problem at A&M.

I hate him...... (Sarcasm!!!!)

Mr teX
09-16-2013, 11:19 AM

I think A&M's only hope is to appear in the SEC championship game..which is slim to none at this point & won't happen unless Bama loses to someone other than LSU that's not currently part of the picture. A&M didn't have anything in their favor at the start of the season except for the hope that they could beat the #1 team again...& since that has gone by the wayside, They really don't have anything else...

Let me explain how i see it..i doubt Bama's BCS score will drop that much if they lose to a top 3-5 team in LSU....especially if LSU goes on to lose to a top ten team in A&M 2 weeks later....... that Bama already beat.....at their home to boot. Plus, they still have the head to head tiebreaker over A&M to appear in the SEC championship game anyway.

Apart from that, A&M's BCS score won't be that high going in to that week against LSU 1: b/c they will not have played anyone except bama..which is where the noncoference will have hurt them (at least Bama & LSU challenged themselves 1 time by playing someone in 1 of the big 6) & 2: b/c there likely will be at least 1 other underfeated team that they'll need to justify jumping (Oregon, Louisville)

The LSU win won't factor much imo b/c Bama already beat A&M so every win they get from here on out only boosts Bama's BCS score....which is what this is going to come down to in the end anyway.

IMO, It might be the Auburn game....... which Bama has to go to Auburn for this year & its the last game for Bama. If Auburn somehow pulls the upset over bama that late...which isn't too far off for an intense rivalry game, & A&M & LSU handle business earlier that year, that might be enough to put them in the SEC championship game over Bama.......or you can just hope LSU blows out Bama in Tuscaloosa & A&M turns around & blows out LSU....

Mr teX
09-16-2013, 11:25 AM
But..... But..... that Manziel kid sucks. He's the problem at A&M.

I hate him...... (Sarcasm!!!!)

never said he sucks...just that he aint as good as everyone thinks is all.

Texn4life
09-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Anyone who thinks Manziel didn't ball out Saturday is just stupid. There's nothing else to add to that.

beerlover
09-16-2013, 12:13 PM
Anyone who thinks Manziel didn't ball out Saturday is just stupid. There's nothing else to add to that.

is he eligible for upcoming 2014 draft?

Mr teX
09-16-2013, 12:14 PM
is he eligible for upcoming 2014 draft?

yep..redshirt sophomore i believe.

beerlover
09-16-2013, 12:20 PM
omg what are the odds Texans catch lightening in a bottle :tinfoil:

disaacks3
09-16-2013, 12:20 PM
never said he sucks...just that he aint as good as everyone thinks is all. At the College Level, yes he is. If you can't see it, that's on you. :thinking:

Mr teX
09-16-2013, 12:32 PM
At the College Level, yes he is. If you can't see it, that's on you. :thinking:

Lol......:thinking: ok...

2012Champs
09-16-2013, 12:59 PM
At the College Level, yes he is. If you can't see it, that's on you. :thinking:

You are missing it. MrTex judges Johnny's college performance by how that will translate into the NFL

Mr teX
09-16-2013, 01:39 PM
I don't understand why people have an issue with that anyway....

Colleges use the NFL standard when they attempt to bring in 5 or 4 star recruits...which are guys poised to play on the next level b/c if they can bring those guys in it gives them a better chance at winning on the college level.

Recruits use the NFL standard at least in part when they decide on a school they want to play for b/c they want to measure themselves against the best players....players that are likely going to the NFL.

How many times have you heard Brent Musburger or some other announcer say "He's surely going to be playing on Sundays folks.."?

Hell, a large part of the reason wh the Big 6 conferences are held up on a pedestal apart from the other conferences & are given preference when it comes to TV time, BCS bowls and everything else is b/c of the sheer density of talent in those conferences relative to the smaller ones that's likely going to be playing on the next level.

So why shouldn't i look at him in the same light he's been looked at already by everyone else?

Plus, i'm an NFL guy anyway so....

2012Champs
09-16-2013, 01:53 PM
I don't understand why people have an issue with that anyway....

Colleges use the NFL standard when they attempt to bring in 5 or 4 star recruits...which are guys poised to play on the next level b/c if they can bring those guys in it gives them a better chance at winning on the college level.

Recruits use the NFL standard at least in part when they decide on a school they want to play for b/c they want to measure themselves against the best players....players that are likely going to the NFL.

How many times have you heard Brent Musburger or some other announcer say "He's surely going to be playing on Sundays folks.."?

Hell, a large part of the reason wh the Big 6 conferences are held up on a pedestal apart from the other conferences & are given preference when it comes to TV time, BCS bowls and everything else is b/c of the sheer density of talent in those conferences relative to the smaller ones that's likely going to be playing on the next level.

So why shouldn't i look at him in the same light he's been looked at already by everyone else?

Plus, i'm an NFL guy anyway so....

Typically you judge someone's career by what they have done not what they may or may not do in their next career. Johnny has had a hell of a college career to date

Mr teX
09-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Typically you judge someone's career by what they have done not what they may or may not do in their next career. Johnny has had a hell of a college career to date

Ehh, yes and no. Yes, if there are no future plans or shot to play on a next level...No if the opposite. Clearly, he will have his shot.

What i find funny how people tend to lump a players' time at college playing sports as part of their "career" even though they're supposed to be amateur "student athletes".

Its also funny how it's only looked at as a "career" when the player has a good shot at going pro. You likely wont hear Kenny Mayne looking back at his time as a qb for UNLV as a career...

yet another reason why i look at it the way i do..

Stemp
09-16-2013, 02:48 PM
Mr tex must have thought Arian foster wasn't good since he was a low draft grade and went undrafted.

Shows how worthless that "point of view" is regarding college players

Mr teX
09-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Mr tex must have thought Arian foster wasn't good since he was a low draft grade and went undrafted.

Shows how worthless that "point of view" is regarding college players

I actually thought he was gonna be good when i saw him at Tenn...but keep getting your panties in a wad over how I view players...makes me laugh actually that it hurts you that much that i don't think your boy is that good..

& its no more worthless than a guy winning the heisman & putting up monster stats all throughout college & then going on to be garbage in the NFL...

steelbtexan
09-16-2013, 03:05 PM
I actually thought he was gonna be good when i saw him at Tenn...but keep getting your panties in a wad over how I view players...makes me laugh actually that it hurts you that much that i don't think your boy is that good..

& its no more worthless than a guy winning the heisman & putting up monster stats all throughout college & then going on to be garbage in the NFL...

I know Manziel doesn't fit your crteria, but you've gotta admit JM is a great college football player.

Stemp
09-16-2013, 03:19 PM
I know Manziel doesn't fit your crteria, but you've gotta admit JM is a great college football player.

Nope. No one on A&M's team gets any credit.

Mike Evans is one hell of a receiver.Not really...when Leblue got him he got real quiet...dude is out there feasting on 3rd stringers...

That's how he plays... That **** won't fly on the next level.... Dude's overrated as hell

Throwing the rock up for grabs and depending on your wr to make the play for you NUMEROUS times makes you a great college qb?...ok if you say so.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101692&page=2

He's the definition of a hater.

2012Champs
09-16-2013, 03:21 PM
Ehh, yes and no. Yes, if there are no future plans or shot to play on a next level...No if the opposite. Clearly, he will have his shot.

What i find funny how people tend to lump a players' time at college playing sports as part of their "career" even though they're supposed to be amateur "student athletes".

Its also funny how it's only looked at as a "career" when the player has a good shot at going pro. You likely wont hear Kenny Mayne looking back at his time as a qb for UNLV as a career...

yet another reason why i look at it the way i do..

Why wouldnt it be a career? College ball players are paid to do a job. Free education/room & board travel etc. Any other person yourself included would have that count as income. You can take the word career out though if that is your hang up. If he built an awesome tree house would you judge his quality of work by his ability to possibly build a swimming pool? Probably not. He is a pretty damn good college QB

Mr teX
09-16-2013, 03:26 PM

I don't throw around the word "great" or "elite" very lightly....

People often confuse entertaining with being good or great..& I think this is the case with him.

He's got talent, but right now he's more entertaining from a football player standpoint than anything.

Aside from all the off the field crap, all the announcers talked about was how he worked with this qb guru to help with his footwork and other stuff. Well:

-He still throws off his back foot way too much
-His decision making still needs work
- He's still waaayyy too quick to run
-& of course all the off-field crap

he's got time, he's still young, but people going on suicide watch just b/c i don't think he's that good need to calm down...It's not like i can't change my mind if i see he has improved in the future.

Mr teX
09-16-2013, 03:31 PM
Nope. No one on A&M's team gets any credit.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101692&page=2

He's the definition of a hater.

Most of that is directed at your boy. Evans at 1st appears to be a bootleg Micheal Floyd...see how he's doing in the NFL...

In any event, you haven't heard me say anything else about any other player on your team...

Stemp
09-16-2013, 03:32 PM
I don't throw around the word "great" or "elite" very lightly....

People often confuse entertaining with being good or great..& I think this is the case with him.

He's got talent, but right now he's more entertaining from a football player standpoint than anything.

Aside from all the off the field crap, all the announcers talked about was how he worked with this qb guru to help with his footwork and other stuff. Well:

-He still throws off his back foot way too much
-His decision making still needs work
- He's still waaayyy too quick to run
-& of course all the off-field crap

he's got time, he's still young, but people going on suicide watch just b/c i don't think he's that good need to calm down...It's not like i can't change my mind if i see he has improved in the future.

More like people calling you out for you hating and refusing to admit he guy is a great qb. You have this narrow box of what a great qb is anyone who doesn't fit into it is overrated. Your opinion is pretty much worthless and you have nothing to back up your view except dismissing any and all evidence you don't like. Stats don't matter. Production doesn't matter. Athleticism doesn't matter. Making incredible plays time and again doesn't matter. Winning doesn't matter. Nothing matters to you except your narrow view.

Stemp
09-16-2013, 03:36 PM
Most of that is directed at your boy. Evans at 1st appears to be a bootleg Micheal Floyd...see how he's doing in the NFL...

In any event, you haven't heard me say anything else about any other player on your team...

Cause you are a hater. You've admitted it. Nothing Manziel does this year would change your mind. He could go 20 for 20 for 500 yards and not run once and you'd find an excuse as to why it doesn't matter and that he's not a great QB.

Mr teX
09-16-2013, 03:46 PM
More like people calling you out for you hating and refusing to admit he guy is a great qb. You have this narrow box of what a great qb is anyone who doesn't fit into it is overrated. Your opinion is pretty much worthless and you have nothing to back up your view except dismissing any and all evidence you don't like. Stats don't matter. Production doesn't matter. Athleticism doesn't matter. Nothing matters to you except your narrow view.

Lol......Is this Uncle Nate i'm chating with? Why does it matter to you so much what i think of him as a player? what do you have invested in this? my opinion is my opinion & yours is yours...deal with it.

There is no evidence except for his stats...& i've already showed you the disparity in those.

Production & stats are the same thing....but since you keep bringing it up, why do other qb's in similar systems' stats don't count when discussing how "great they were/are? I brought up Case Keenum earlier in this thread & folks damn near had a coronary.

Aside from that, how much of his "production" do you attribute to the system he's in?

....Don't even answer the above question b/c i already know what you're going to say "but.... but they played lesser competition." & by you saying that you are indirectly saying & judging him by the same NFL standard that i am......otherwise, everyone's stats should & would count the same no matter where & who they play against.

never said he wasn't athletic, but since when does that make you a great qb? Vick, VY, Tommie Frazier, Eric Crouch & a whole host of other college qb's produced great stats on the college level &...... were much more athletic than Manziel is...what did it prove on the next level? & these are guys who at least got their teams to National Championship games.

save your retort b/c you sound irrational......like a VY/reggie bush homer.

Mr teX
09-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Cause you are a hater. You've admitted it. Nothing Manziel does this year would change your mind. He could go 20 for 20 for 500 yards and not run once and you'd find an excuse as to why it doesn't matter and that he's not a great QB.

My opinion as a hater is just as valid as yours as a worshipper....

2012Champs
09-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Lol......Is this Uncle Nate i'm chating with? Why does it matter to you so much what i think of him as a player? what do you have invested in this? my opinion is my opinion & yours is yours...deal with it.

There is no evidence except for his stats...& i've already showed you the disparity in those.

Production & stats are the same thing....but since you keep bringing it up, why do other qb's in similar systems' stats don't count when discussing how "great they were/are? I brought up Case Keenum earlier in this thread & folks damn near had a coronary.

Aside from that, how much of his "production" do you attribute to the system he's in?

....Don't even answer the above question b/c i already know what you're going to say "but.... but they played lesser competition." & by you saying that you are indirectly saying & judging him by the same NFL standard that i am......otherwise, everyone's stats should & would count the same no matter where & who they play against.

never said he wasn't athletic, but since when does that make you a great qb? Vick, VY, Tommie Frazier, Eric Crouch & a whole host of other college qb's produced great stats on the college level &...... were much more athletic than Manziel is...what did it prove on the next level? & these are guys who at least got their teams to National Championship games.

save your retort b/c you sound irrational......like a VY/reggie bush homer.

Are all the heisman voters homers too? Or stat geeks?

Mr teX
09-16-2013, 03:59 PM
Are all the heisman voters homers too? Or stat geeks?

Both...

We all heard Archie Griffin or whoever that was in the background yelling "BOOMER!!" 87907 times when Sam Bradford finished up his Heisman speech...

& we all know the inherent bias they have towards offensive players relative to defensive guys....really biased towards qb's and rbs.

Why? b/c offensive guys' impact can be directly quantified through stats as opposed to defensive guys....There's a reason only 1 defensive guy has won the Heisman...that's b/c he played offense too.....:mariopalm:

Since there's usually only 2 candidates that really have a shot at winning anyway, We've also seen recently been able to see the map & number breakdowns of how these guys recieve their votes relative to regions where the votes come from.

From those maps you can see voters vote according to the player they are closest to or that they see the most....in other words, they get caught up in the hype just like fans do.

You add in conference biases & it's a wrap...Guys like Manti Te'o and that qb from Kansas State a few years back never really have chances to win it.

Dan B.
09-16-2013, 04:55 PM
I tend to think he's going to have trouble at the NFL level myself. I think that he's a little bit reckless, and while that works in college an NFL secondary is going to make him pay. I also think that he's a little bit small to play as boldly as he does against NFL linebackers and escape injury. Finally I think that it's going to be difficult to keep him as isolated from the media when he's in the NFL. I know some are convinced that the negative stories this summer were just because ESPN hates A&M, but there's a reason that Sumlin keeps Manziel away from microphones. He's brash and controversial. Those same shady stories are gonna hit the papers even when he's no longer wearing an Aggie uniform. Sure, he could go to the Jets and become the next Joe Namath -- flipping the bird to reporters as he parties away every night with a different girl, wins the Super Bowl hung over, and flirts with the sideline reporter to celebrate. He could also very well end up getting chewed up by the jackals.

steelbtexan
09-16-2013, 06:29 PM
My opinion as a hater is just as valid as yours as a worshipper....

Not a worshiper or a hater. I do realize Manziel is a great college football player. My eyes tell me this.

Are you a lawyer? If not you should become one. The reason I ask this is because like most lawyers they can twist the facts so that people dont believe what they saw with their own eyes.

LOL

Mr teX
09-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Not a worshiper or a hater. I do realize Manziel is a great college football player. My eyes tell me this.

Are you a lawyer? If not you should become one. The reason I ask this is because like most lawyers they can twist the facts so that people dont believe what they saw with their own eyes.

LOL

There's no twisting involved, its just seeing things for what they are and comparing it to what your frame of reference is. And my frame of reference is.......i've seen this before and i've seen it done better.

Its called an opinion, people can have as many of them as they want about as many things as they want....and here's the kicker...........some people's actually differ from one another........:hurrah:......another beautiful thing about them is that noone can truly say that someone else's opinion is right or wrong about something.....:sarcasm:

Kaiser Toro
09-16-2013, 09:28 PM

That is typically what a pro scout does.

I agree, Manziel has had a superlative college showing to date, due to being in the right offense at the right school, at the right time.

FirstTexansFan
09-16-2013, 10:00 PM

I agree, Manziel has had a superlative college showing to date, due to being in the right offense at the right school, at the right time.

They're gonna take your teasip card if you continue this heresy ;)

Kaiser Toro
09-16-2013, 10:25 PM
They're gonna take your teasip card if you continue this heresy ;)

If Manziel were in the Big 12, I do not think he would have won the Heisman last year. That offense shook up the SEC, and Manziel played it perfectly.

beerlover
09-16-2013, 11:09 PM

Chip Kelly wanted him @ Oregon but lost out to A&M so he had to settle for some guy named Marcus Mariota. I can imagine him being just as good if not better there. Oregon regularly beat Pete Carrol & Jim Harbough teams :thinking:

pbat488
09-18-2013, 11:21 AM
love this quote from http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/09/17/5171374/what-are-johnny-footballs-draft.html?rh=1

Manziel, who grew up emulating Vick, insists “there’s definitely a place” for him in the NFL.

“I think there was a triple bolted lock on the door, and Russell Wilson and Drew Brees have kind of kicked it in,” Manziel said. “It’s got a crack in it. This isn’t being cocky, but I have high ambitions. I’m an ambitious person. I set goals high. I want to completely knock that door off the hinges. Not just let it swing, but kick it down, so it’s wide open.

“I’ve heard it my whole life. I heard it when I was a freshman in high school, when I was a sophomore, junior in high school, getting recruited. It was, ‘This kid is this, but….’ There was always a ‘but’ with me. I go out and win the Heisman as a freshman, but at the end of the day, there’s always a ‘but.’ But the SEC was weaker. But this and but that. But, but, but. There’s always a ‘but’ somewhere in my name — always. I’m OK with that. It’s always been that way. It’s just another day at the office.”

PapaL
09-19-2013, 09:22 AM
http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy88/papalrodz/Junk/JF.jpg

EllisUnit
09-22-2013, 12:05 PM
http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy88/papalrodz/Junk/JF.jpg

Hell no.......This guy has skill no doubt BUT the skill he has is the type that you can win with in college, but it does not translate to NFL success. Plus he is a cocky little bastard and i dont like his attitude.persona

Texian
09-22-2013, 01:11 PM
A draftniks view:

Some of Manziel's on field evaluations are tainted by some of his off field shenanigans.

Manziel is a very good college player but he does have his flaws. Most notably is his propensity to run. This should be easy to correct. Manziel has one of the best OL in the country. Too many times while in the pocket with absolutely no pressure whatsoever Manziel will take off and run. It's like he has a clock in his head and regardless of the situation, when the clock ticks 3 seconds the alarm says run and Johnny almost always will. If Johnny can ever correct his propensity to run he will be an even better QB. Just my humble opinion.....

Mr teX
09-22-2013, 01:24 PM
A draftniks view:

Some of Manziel's on field evaluations are tainted by some of his off field shenanigans.

Manziel is a very good college player but he does have his flaws. Most notably is his propensity to run. This should be easy to correct. Manziel has one of the best OL in the country. Too many times while in the pocket with absolutely no pressure whatsoever Manziel will take off and run. It's like he has a clock in his head and regardless of the situation, when the clock ticks 3 seconds the alarm says run and Johnny almost always will. If Johnny can ever correct his propensity to run he will be an even better QB. Just my humble opinion.....

This is where my problem with him ultimately lies. When your game as a qb is highly dependent on making things happen with your legs like his is, you've got a problem when you go to the next level simply b/c you wont be able to run away from pressure as easily up there as you did in college. Once that is curtailed, you become a different player. You see how RG3 looks now that he's unable to run.

And just looking at him as a pocket passer righ now, he's just not any better than any other qb who is better at pocket passing than he is right now.

Rey
09-22-2013, 09:17 PM
Manziel would be sick in this offense.

Kubiak would draw up some beautiful plays for him.

Texian
09-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Manziel would be sick in this offense.

Kubiak would draw up some beautiful plays for him.

I'm not sure Kubiak has ever coached a spread pistol hurry up offense. Kubiak has been doing what he has always been doing since he started coaching and that is WCO, the 3-5-7 step drop, 2 reads - primary WR intermediate, secondary WR short and if covered check down to the back and on occasion go deep.

steelbtexan
09-22-2013, 10:50 PM
This is where my problem with him ultimately lies. When your game as a qb is highly dependent on making things happen with your legs like his is, you've got a problem when you go to the next level simply b/c you wont be able to run away from pressure as easily up there as you did in college. Once that is curtailed, you become a different player. You see how RG3 looks now that he's unable to run.

And just looking at him as a pocket passer righ now, he's just not any better than any other qb who is better at pocket passing than he is right now.

Hater, LOL

Just sit back and enjoy the show.

Manziel is 20, you dont think his arm is going to get stronger? BTW, I'm hoping that the Texans dont pick Manziel.

Texn4life
09-22-2013, 11:03 PM
To me this is a stupid complaint about Manziel. Manziel runs now because he can murder defenses with his feet. When he needs to make throws he does make throws. The one thing he'll have to adjust to is his extension of plays. Sometimes he tries to do a little too much, but at the same time this is what I think will make him really good at the next level. He just need to understand how much is too much and when to dial it back.

He's more accurate than a lot of QBs starting in the league now even though he plays in a wide open system. I've seem enough of him to see he can make all the throws though even in tight coverage. His biggest adjustment will be learning to trust his reads and throwing into tight windows of zone coverage similar to what Keenum has had to adjust to. He'd be great in this offense though IMO.

Texian
09-22-2013, 11:35 PM
Hater, LOL

Just sit back and enjoy the show.

Manziel is 20, you dont think his arm is going to get stronger? BTW, I'm hoping that the Texans dont pick Manziel.

To me this is a stupid complaint about Manziel. Manziel runs now because he can murder defenses with his feet. When he needs to make throws he does make throws. The one thing he'll have to adjust to is his extension of plays. Sometimes he tries to do a little too much, but at the same time this is what I think will make him really good at the next level. He just need to understand how much is too much and when to dial it back.

He's more accurate than a lot of QBs starting in the league now even though he plays in a wide open system. I've seem enough of him to see he can make all the throws though even in tight coverage. His biggest adjustment will be learning to trust his reads and throwing into tight windows of zone coverage similar to what Keenum has had to adjust to. He'd be great in this offense though IMO.

Nothing wrong with Manziel's arm, he has a Sunday arm, he's accurate, good TD to INT ratio shows a good decision makers on his passes. The problem lies with the clock in his head. It's 1 -2 -3 RUN! Regardless that his great OL has everyone blocked and there is absolutely no pressure , it's still 1 - 2 - 3 RUN! THAT doesn't play well on Sunday's but it is fixable. It's NOT like Tebow's windup and accuracy.

Texn4life
09-22-2013, 11:44 PM
Nothing wrong with Manziel's arm, he has a Sunday arm, he's accurate, good TD to INT ratio shows a good decision makers on his passes. The problem lies with the clock in his head. It's 1 -2 -3 RUN! Regardless that his great OL has everyone blocked and there is absolutely no pressure , it's still 1 - 2 - 3 RUN! THAT doesn't play well on Sunday's but it is fixable. It's NOT like Tebow's windup and accuracy.

To me its nothing like Tebow even from a read standpoint. Manziel actually goes through his progressions despite what it looks like a lot of times. Case in point on that long TD to Evans it was reported last week Evans was his 3rd option. His still needs some polishing there like ever college QB does though. Tebow never showed any kind of ability to go through his progressions and throw the football in college in my view.

Rey
09-23-2013, 12:38 AM
I'm not sure Kubiak has ever coached a spread pistol hurry up offense. Kubiak has been doing what he has always been doing since he started coaching and that is WCO, the 3-5-7 step drop, 2 reads - primary WR intermediate, secondary WR short and if covered check down to the back and on occasion go deep.

I didn't say anything about what you posted.

Matter if fact I said "in this offense". Kubiak calls plays based on his qb's strengths. He's said that before. And when he's had other qb's play with more mobility, he's called plays to use that.

I didn't say anything about any spread pistol stuff.

Rey
09-23-2013, 12:42 AM
This offense has some easy reads. When it gets flowing, and the pa is working you get some huge play potential. Wide open receivers and wide open running lanes. This isn't the old Indy offense or the pats offense where the qb is making a bunch if tough reads and throws.

This offense is very qb friendly.

TexansSeminole
09-23-2013, 01:00 AM
This offense has some easy reads. When it gets flowing, and the pa is working you get some huge play potential. Wide open receivers and wide open running lanes. This isn't the old Indy offense or the pats offense where the qb is making a bunch if tough reads and throws.

This offense is very qb friendly.

I like Tajh Boyd for this offense. Quick trigger, he can move and extend plays. He has accuracy issues at times, but nothing that can't be corrected.

aussie_texan
09-23-2013, 01:50 AM
it certainly would be interesting to see one of these "running" type QBs in our offence. off first glance i too think it would work really well

steelbtexan
09-23-2013, 02:28 AM
Young seemed to thrive in Gary's offense.

Young had the same run 1st tendencies that Manziel has.

ubecool454
09-23-2013, 07:16 PM
In games where TAMU has a big lead...they should let Manziel play in the slot just to get some experience there since thats the only place he will be playing in the NFL. (Wes Welker)

b0ng
09-24-2013, 01:32 PM

Yeah but Young set accuracy records for his passing while at BYU. He was both a great runner and a great thrower in college (and the pros).

Bulls on Parade
09-24-2013, 03:31 PM

Steve Young doesn't come to my mind at all when I think of Johnny Manziel. The comparisons may be valid based on run first tendencies, but Steve Young was a totally different signal caller and left-handed.

I would compare Johnny Manziel to somebody like Jeff Garcia. Similar size and athletic ability. People said Garcia wasn't good enough to play in the pros after being undrafted, but he ended up playing for seven NFL teams and was a four-time pro bowler.

Of course, Manziel is going to be a day one pick (late 1st or 2nd round).

Rey
09-24-2013, 03:52 PM
I like Tajh Boyd for this offense. Quick trigger, he can move and extend plays. He has accuracy issues at times, but nothing that can't be corrected.

I like a lot of guys for this offense, but truthfully, I'd like to see keenum get a legit chance to start.

Wolf
10-11-2013, 05:57 PM
And you can buy some A&M turf now

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000260607/article/fans-can-buy-johnny-manzieltrodden-turf-from-texas-am

kingtexan
10-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Young seemed to thrive in Gary's offense back in the 90's before everyone figured out Gary's offense who now no one can thrive in because it is ancient and irrelevant.

fify

htownfan32
10-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Manziel just went down grabbing his knee.

kingtexan
10-12-2013, 09:11 PM
Manziel just went down grabbing his knee.

Yep, so much for JFF this season.

Non-contact knee injuries are typically ACL/MCL related.

TexansSeminole
10-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Well, he is out there playing again, so it may not be serious.

Texn4life
10-12-2013, 10:26 PM

He did the same thing to his knee last year against Mizzou. He's fine. He needs to trust his reads more though this game. Receivers are running open and he's not seeing them.

htownfan32
10-13-2013, 01:02 AM

So much for your comment.

Stemp
10-13-2013, 01:06 AM

Awe too bad haters :clown:

Say Watt
10-13-2013, 01:40 AM
Johnny F'n Football. Honestly, he is the most exciting player I have ever watched play football. The guy has the leadership, intangibles, plus the athletic ability. Occasionally gets a little too full of himself and makes poor decisions but in crunch time, there simply is no one better in college football than Johnny Manziel. Incredible, gutsy performance.

2012Champs
10-13-2013, 08:47 AM
I like watching him play but if/when he moves to the nfl his is ether going to be a fumble king or will have to learn how to tuck the ball and no hold it 1-3 feet from his body

steelbtexan
10-13-2013, 10:10 AM
I like watching him play but if/when he moves to the nfl his is ether going to be a fumble king or will have to learn how to tuck the ball and no hold it 1-3 feet from his body

Yep,

But that's an easy thing to fix.

2 things really suprised me about JM this yr.

1. His arm appears to be much stronger this yr than last.
2. He's much stronger than last yr. He put his shoulder into the Ole Miss spy and the guy left the field on a stretcher. When is the last time you've seen that happen. JM is slippery nobody seems to be able to get a clean shot on him.

kingtexan
10-13-2013, 10:55 AM

Glad to see it. I think he has a great future in the NFL and would like to see him win the Heisman again. It looked bad at first, but glad I was wrong.

MistaRed
10-13-2013, 11:01 AM
I said last night to a friend....manziel may not be the best overall qb in cfb, but the dude just makes plays when he needs to. Very exciting to watch.

2012Champs
10-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Yep,

2. He's much stronger than last yr. He put his shoulder into the Ole Miss spy and the guy left the field on a stretcher. When is the last time you've seen that happen. JM is slippery nobody seems to be able to get a clean shot on him.

He is tough but he didn't put his shoulder into that spy. If you watch it again the ole miss guy hits is neck/head on jm's hip

Stemp
10-13-2013, 01:28 PM
He is tough but he didn't put his shoulder into that spy. If you watch it again the ole miss guy hits is neck/head on jm's hip

True. But he did run over a guy in an earlier game.

Mr teX
10-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Yep,

Simple physics...he runs with the ball and his arm flailing like that b/c it helps him keep his balance on those sharp cuts he makes.....he gets to the NFL, he'll either be a fumble machine like 2012 champs says or he won't be nearly as elusive b/c coaches will make him tuck the ball in....

You guys already know where i stand....

disaacks3
10-13-2013, 07:00 PM
You guys already know where i stand.... In a field...all by yourself? Yeah, we know you hate Johnny.

b0ng
10-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Mark my words, Manziel will get a shot in the NFL, it's almost a guarantee at this point. Anybody who claims to know how well he will do in the NFL is being disingenuous as hell (mrtex), and you can probably ignore that poster until it's draft time.

That kid is a baller though.

pbat488
10-16-2013, 10:37 AM
http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/outkick-readers-get-to-pick-johnny-manziels-halloween-costume.php

this could be great

Mr teX
10-16-2013, 11:08 AM
Mark my words, Manziel will get a shot in the NFL, it's almost a guarantee at this point. Anybody who claims to know how well he will do in the NFL is being disingenuous as hell (mrtex), and you can probably ignore that poster until it's draft time.

That kid is a baller though.

It's just my opinion obviously.....but i've seen it too many times to be convinced that he'll be any different from the guys before him. Any time as a qb your 1st instinct is to run...not really comfortable sitting in the pocket.... most of the plays you make when its crunch time are of you running....

add to that, the whole system qb thing, the bad mechanics at times

Those things don't project to make a good NFL qb....

b0ng
10-16-2013, 02:46 PM
It's just my opinion obviously.....but i've seen it too many times to be convinced that he'll be any different from the guys before him. Any time as a qb your 1st instinct is to run...not really comfortable sitting in the pocket.... most of the plays you make when its crunch time are of you running....

Exhibit like 57234502812 to go with my previous post.

Mr teX
10-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Exhibit like 57234502812 to go with my previous post.

You wanna see my evidence? Just look at every running qb to come out of college the last umpteen years...Hell, it's probablyy easier to name the few who have had limited success in the NFL that were runners coming out of college.

Unlike you and a few others, i'm not afraid of being wrong...don't think i am on this one though.

htownfan32
10-16-2013, 03:15 PM

Manziel's game tying drive from the Ole Miss game.

Drive resulting in a TD, starting at the Texas A&M 25

1st and 10 at TA&M 25
Manziel throws completion, a short 3 yard pass to Mike Evans, who is unable to break a tackle.

2nd and 7 at TA&M 28
Manziel throws completion, 24 yards to Malcolme Kennedy on a long crossing pattern, tackled at the Ole Miss 48.

1st and 10 at OM 48
Manziel incomplete on a PA pass to Sabian Holmes

2nd and 10 at OM 48
Ben Malena rush 5 yards to OM 43

3rd and 5 at OM 43
Trey Williams rush -2 yards to OM 45

4th and 7 at OM 45
Manziel rush 13 yards to OM 32

On this play Manziel hung in the back for quite a while, and went through his reads before taking off. Everyone was covered. Ole Miss rushed three, kept a spy on Manziel, and had everyone else covered. There was a short checkdown available but it would have resulted in a turnover and Manziel did not throw to it. He did not look once and tuck. There were a solid 6-7 seconds of him just standing around waiting for someone to get open. This was the play the Ole Miss player, Serderius Bryant, was injured.

1st and 10 at OM 32

Manziel throws complete on a short crossing route by Mike Evans for 26 yards. This is the play Mike Evans hurdled over a Ole Miss player.The pass itself was only 4-5 yards, the rest was YAC. Had the first tackle been made, the pass would have been about 12-16 yards, but Evans added the other 10 out of his own sheer effort.

1st and Goal at OM 6

Manziel rushes 6 yards for a touchdown. On this play it was a designed rollout to the right but Manziel sees the defense overloading and cuts it back to the left for a TD, diving for the pylon.

Your criticisms are all a year old. This year Manziel has happily sat in the pocket and picked apart defenses with his arm. Only in the Ole Miss game did he resort to his legs similar to last year, and I blame that on the offensive game plan. Ole Miss was playing the pass, and Malena/Williams/Carson were ripping off good gains on the ground. A&M has a solid stable of RBs and the OC should have pounded the rock to keep the defense honest before unleashing the air raid. Instead the offense went with an empty backfield too many times.

Mr teX
10-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Manziel's game tying drive from the Ole Miss game.

Drive resulting in a TD, starting at the Texas A&M 25

1st and 10 at TA&M 25
Manziel throws completion, a short 3 yard pass to Mike Evans, who is unable to break a tackle.

2nd and 7 at TA&M 28
Manziel throws completion, 24 yards to Malcolme Kennedy on a long crossing pattern, tackled at the Ole Miss 48.

1st and 10 at OM 48
Manziel incomplete on a PA pass to Sabian Holmes

2nd and 10 at OM 48
Ben Malena rush 5 yards to OM 43

3rd and 5 at OM 43
Trey Williams rush -2 yards to OM 45

4th and 7 at OM 45
Manziel rush 13 yards to OM 32

On this play Manziel hung in the back for quite a while, and went through his reads before taking off. Everyone was covered. Ole Miss rushed three, kept a spy on Manziel, and had everyone else covered. There was a short checkdown available but it would have resulted in a turnover and Manziel did not throw to it. He did not look once and tuck. There were a solid 6-7 seconds of him just standing around waiting for someone to get open. This was the play the Ole Miss player, Serderius Bryant, was injured.

1st and 10 at OM 32

Manziel throws complete on a short crossing route by Mike Evans for 26 yards. This is the play Mike Evans hurdled over a Ole Miss player.The pass itself was only 4-5 yards, the rest was YAC. Had the first tackle been made, the pass would have been about 12-16 yards, but Evans added the other 10 out of his own sheer effort.

1st and Goal at OM 6

Manziel rushes 6 yards for a touchdown. On this play it was a designed rollout to the right but Manziel sees the defense overloading and cuts it back to the left for a TD, diving for the pylon.

Your criticisms are all a year old. This year Manziel has happily sat in the pocket and picked apart defenses with his arm. Only in the Ole Miss game did he resort to his legs similar to last year, and I blame that on the offensive game plan. Ole Miss was playing the pass, and Malena/Williams/Carson were ripping off good gains on the ground. A&M has a solid stable of RBs and the OC should have pounded the rock to keep the defense honest before unleashing the air raid. Instead the offense went with an empty backfield too many times.

No...they arent....he still has this tendency....he has an over-reliance on his athleticism.....plays that have to be made 7-10 yards, it's highly likely he's taking off and running to convert them. That's cool in college..you can get away with it when you're one of the best athletes on the field...Look at that drive above...4th and 7 when they had to have a conversion....he took off.

"hung in the back" is not the same as standing tall in the pocket.....i remember that play well..he was waaayy in the back and any time anyone remotely made a step to him he was setting up to bail....watching the rush a little too much. Any time anyone gets close to him he's pretty much bailing out of the pocket. The mere fact you had to throw that whole explanation in there illustrates my point. If he proliferates that tendency in the
NFL teams will conspire to keep him in the pocket and make him beat them throwing....maybe he can learn to...who knows...his mindset has to change though.

He's got VY syndrome..."oh....well i can get that running...not worried about these guys being able to catch me..." Well, there's alot of guys up there who can catch you...

Jeff Garcia is his ceiling...tops......and that's if he gets into the right system, with the right coach and he learns to think pass 1st instead of run.....hey thats good right?

htownfan32
10-16-2013, 06:08 PM
No...they arent....he still has this tendency....he has an over-reliance on his athleticism.....plays that have to be made 7-10 yards, it's highly likely he's taking off and running to convert them. That's cool in college..you can get away with it when you're one of the best athletes on the field...Look at that drive above...4th and 7 when they had to have a conversion....he took off.

"hung in the back" is not the same as standing tall in the pocket.....i remember that play well..he was waaayy in the back and any time anyone remotely made a step to him he was setting up to bail....watching the rush a little too much. Any time anyone gets close to him he's pretty much bailing out of the pocket. The mere fact you had to throw that whole explanation in there illustrates my point. If he proliferates that tendency in the
NFL teams will conspire to keep him in the pocket and make him beat them throwing....maybe he can learn to...who knows...his mindset has to change though.

He's got VY syndrome..."oh....well i can get that running...not worried about these guys being able to catch me..." Well, there's alot of guys up there who can catch you...

Jeff Garcia is his ceiling...tops......and that's if he gets into the right system, with the right coach and he learns to think pass 1st instead of run.....hey thats good right?

After Serderius Bryant got injured, they showed a replay of that 4th and 7 rushing conversion using the overhanging camera from right behind Manziel. For a moment you got to see what Manziel would have been seeing.

All his receivers were covered. Manziel had three options - throw it into coverage and risk a pick or an incompletion that would result in a turnover, throw it out of bounds and turn the ball over, or pick up 7 yards rushing.

Would you rather have Texas A&M turn the ball over on downs? It was a do-or-die play and you're criticizing him for making it by himself, especially when there was no other way?

If Andrew Luck did the same thing on 4th and 7 we would have all been rah-rahing about how clutch he is. You're arguing using preconception.

Stemp
10-16-2013, 06:14 PM
Haters gonna hate. Logic and objectiveness have no meaning to them. Everything is colored by their preconceived notions. Good decisions are dismissed or explained away and bad ones are used as proof.

It's also obvious he hasn't watched or paid attention to many games he's played this year with the statement "plays that have to be made 7-10 yards, it's highly likely he's taking off and running to convert them." That's high comedy for anyone who actually pays attention.

Mr teX
10-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Haters gonna hate. Logic and objectiveness have no meaning to them. Everything is colored by their preconceived notions. Good decisions are dismissed or explained away and bad ones are used as proof.

It's also obvious he hasn't watched or paid attention to many games he's played this year with the statement "plays that have to be made 7-10 yards, it's highly likely he's taking off and running to convert them." That's high comedy for anyone who actually pays attention.

I've watched all but 2 of his games this year....seems to me you're the 1 not paying attention..maybe you dont want to. Really dont care...all i know is the numbers are on my side when it comes to qb's like him....

For all this uproar about running qbs and spread offenses "taking over" the nfl, the best qb's in the NFL are still the guys who can sit in the pocket and comfortably make the throws....The best qb prospects to come out over the last decade or so....mostly pocket passers...deal with it.

Stemp
10-16-2013, 06:47 PM
I've watched all but 2 of his games this year....seems to me you're the 1 not paying attention..maybe you dont want to. Really dont care...all i know is the numbers are on my side when it comes to qb's like him....

For all this uproar about running qbs and spread offenses "taking over" the nfl, the best qb's in the NFL are still the guys who can sit in the pocket and comfortably make the throws....The best qb prospects to come out over the last decade or so....mostly pocket passers...deal with it.

How about some facts from the last game.

57 plays between 5 and 10 yards where Manziel rushed or passed
12 rushes, 45 passes
Of those 12 rushes only 4 were not on first down.

So explain to me how throwing the ball 79% of the time on plays between 5 and 10 yards is "highly likely he's taking off and running to convert"??

1st and 10 at TA&M 22 Johnny Manziel rush for 17 yards to the TexAM 39 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at TA&M 39 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Sabian Holmes for 4 yards to the TexAM 43.
2nd and 6 at TA&M 43 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Travis Labhart for 3 yards to the TexAM 46.
1st and 10 at MISS 45 Johnny Manziel rush for 1 yard to the Miss 44.
2nd and 9 at MISS 44 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Ben Malena for 2 yards to the Miss 42.
3rd and 7 at MISS 42 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Travis Labhart for 35 yards to the Miss 7 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at MISS 45 Johnny Manziel sacked by Tony Conner for a loss of 7 yards to the TexAM 48, TEXAS A&M penalty 0 yard Intentional Grounding accepted.
1st and 10 at MISS 24 Johnny Manziel pass incomplete.

1st and 10 at TA&M 25 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Sabian Holmes for 2 yards to the TexAM 27.
2nd and 8 at TA&M 27 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Sabian Holmes for 21 yards to the TexAM 48 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at TA&M 48 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Malcome Kennedy for 17 yards to the Miss 35 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at TA&M 25 Johnny Manziel pass incomplete to Malcome Kennedy.
2nd and 10 at TA&M 25 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Malcome Kennedy for a loss of 4 yards to the TexAM 21.
3rd and 7 at TA&M 48 Johnny Manziel rush for 7 yards to the Miss 45 for a 1ST down.
2nd and 12 at MISS 47 Johnny Manziel rush for 2 yards to the Miss 45.
3rd and 10 at MISS 45 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Ben Malena for a loss of 5 yards to the 50 yard line.

1st and 10 at TA&M 36 Johnny Manziel pass incomplete to Mike Evans. 14 10
3rd and 6 at TA&M 40 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Derel Walker for 8 yards to the TexAM 48 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at TA&M 48 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Mike Evans for 6 yards to the Miss 46.

1st and 10 at TA&M 37 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Travis Labhart for 6 yards to the TexAM 43.
1st and 10 at MISS 49 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Mike Evans for 11 yards to the Miss 38 for a 1ST down.
2nd and 8 at MISS 36 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Derel Walker for 13 yards to the Miss 23 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at MISS 23 Johnny Manziel rush for 2 yards to the Miss 21.
2nd and 8 at MISS 21 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Travis Labhart for 17 yards to the Miss 4 for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at TA&M 25 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Travis Labhart for 21 yards to the TexAM 46 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at TA&M 46 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Travis Labhart for 3 yards to the TexAM 49.
2nd and 7 at TA&M 49 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Travis Labhart for 7 yards to the Miss 44 for a 1ST down.
2nd and 7 at MISS 41 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Edward Pope for 9 yards to the Miss 32 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at MISS 32 Johnny Manziel pass incomplete to Malcome Kennedy.
2nd and 10 at MISS 32 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Malcome Kennedy for 17 yards to the Miss 15 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at MISS 15 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Travis Labhart for 5 yards to the Miss 10.
2nd and 5 at MISS 10 Johnny Manziel pass intercepted by Keith Lewis at the Miss 0, returned for 8 yards to the Miss 8.

1st and 10 at TA&M 25 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Travis Labhart for 21 yards to the TexAM 46 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at TA&M 46 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Travis Labhart for 3 yards to the TexAM 49.
2nd and 7 at TA&M 49 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Travis Labhart for 7 yards to the Miss 44 for a 1ST down.
1st and 20 at TA&M 46 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Malcome Kennedy for 13 yards to the Miss 41.
2nd and 7 at MISS 41 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Edward Pope for 9 yards to the Miss 32 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at MISS 32 Johnny Manziel pass incomplete to Malcome Kennedy.
2nd and 10 at MISS 32 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Malcome Kennedy for 17 yards to the Miss 15 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at MISS 15 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Travis Labhart for 5 yards to the Miss 10.
2nd and 5 at MISS 10 Johnny Manziel pass intercepted by Keith Lewis at the Miss 0, returned for 8 yards to the Miss 8.

1st and 10 at TA&M 25 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Derel Walker for 10 yards to the TexAM 35 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at TA&M 35 Johnny Manziel rush for 6 yards, fumbled, recovered by Miss Trae Elston at the TexAM 41.

1st and 10 at TA&M 25 Johnny Manziel rush for 1 yard to the TexAM 26.
2nd and 9 at TA&M 26 Johnny Manziel pass incomplete.
3rd and 9 at TA&M 26 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Derel Walker for 27 yards to the Miss 47 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at MISS 47 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Malcome Kennedy for 19 yards to the Miss 28 for a 1ST down.
2nd and 3 at MISS 21 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Malcome Kennedy for 3 yards to the Miss 18, MISSISSIPPI penalty 10 yard Personal Foul on Taylor Bertolet accepted for a 1ST down.

1st and 10 at TA&M 25 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Mike Evans for 3 yards to the TexAM 28.
2nd and 7 at TA&M 28 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Malcome Kennedy for 24 yards to the Miss 48 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at MISS 48 Johnny Manziel pass incomplete.
4th and 7 at MISS 45 Johnny Manziel rush for 13 yards to the Miss 32 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at MISS 32 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Mike Evans for 26 yards to the Miss 6 for a 1ST down.
1st and Goal at MISS 6 Johnny Manziel rush for 6 yards for a TOUCHDOWN.

1st and 10 at TA&M 29 Johnny Manziel pass complete to Derel Walker for 14 yards to the TexAM 43 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at TA&M 43 Johnny Manziel rush for 12 yards to the Miss 45 for a 1ST down.
1st and 10 at MISS 45 Johnny Manziel rush for 13 yards to the Miss 32 for a 1ST down.

Johnny was 31/39 for 346 yards and a 79% completion rate.

So.... what game were you watching again?

Stemp
10-16-2013, 06:57 PM
Oh and in case you were wondering, against Arkansas, he only ran 9 times the entire game, and only 4 were when there was between 5 and 10 yards to go.

Texian
10-16-2013, 07:05 PM

12 rushes, 45 passes

So explain to me how throwing the ball 79% of the time on plays between 5 and 10 yards is "highly likely he's taking off and running to convert"??

Oh and in case you were wondering, against Arkansas, he only ran 9 times the entire game, and only 4 were when there was between 5 and 10 yards to go.

dadgumit I just hate it when facts get in the way of a bad argument.

Mr teX
10-16-2013, 07:13 PM

12 rushes, 45 passes

Lol, you pick 1 game, highlight a few things and think you're proving something? I only used the 7-10 yard range b/c thats the range in which he's most likely to be able to pick it up running the ball...it'd be quite silly of him to think he could pick up a first down running the ball on anything more than that....he's gotta sit back and try to throw it on anything over 10 yards.

But How about the fact that he's had double digit carries in 1/2 the games this year with a high of 19 last week...some of those are designed runs...but still too many for a qb..

How about the fact that of his 5 ints, 3 have come in the red zone?

He trusts his legs more than his arm....common thing with running qbs.

htownfan32
10-16-2013, 07:34 PM
Lol, you pick 1 game, highlight a few things and think you're proving something? I only used the 7-10 yard range b/c thats the range in which he's most likely to be able to pick it up running the ball...it'd be quite silly of him to think he could pick up a first down running the ball on anything more than that....he's gotta sit back and try to throw it on anything over 10 yards.

But How about the fact that he's had double digit carries in 1/2 the games this year with a high of 19 last week...some of those are designed runs...but still too many for a qb..

Three of his interceptions are tipped passes by his own receivers.

Shredding Alabama's secondary to the tune of 400+ yards passing is trusting his legs over his arm?

oooookay.

Stemp
10-16-2013, 07:44 PM

And comments like these show how ridiculous you are. Your statements contradict each other as well as the facts and you just dismiss facts that prove you are wrong.

First, I used the statement you made and even expanded the amount to 5- 10 yards and the facts still proved you wrong.

The game I picked WAS his highest rushing amount of the year, so wouldn't that be the best and most extreme example to use? If you statement is true, wouldn't the game he rushed the most have the best chance to prove your right? Too bad the facts prove you wrong.

Second, how can you state "He trusts his legs more than his arm....common thing with running qbs." when the sentence RIGHT BEFORE you said " of his 5 ints, 3 have come in the red zone?" If he trusted his legs more, WOULDN'T THE MAJORITY OF HIS INT'S BE OUTSIDE THE REDZONE? In fact, the problem is he trusts his arm a bit too much, ESPECIALLY in the redzone. If he trusts his legs, wouldn't the majority of his rushes be on 2nd, 3rd or 4th down when they need a 1st down? So why did he only run a small percentage of those plays when he had he ball in his hand?

Does manziel run more than pocket QBs? Yes, of course. He's got speed and vision any offense would be wise to take advantage of that, just like they do with russell wilson, who rushes 25% of his touches, Colin Kaepernic who rushes 17%, and RG3 who rushed 24% last year (prior to the injury).

You wear hater glasses when you watch Manziel play and it distorts your view of what is actually happening and the fact that your opinions are factually wrong.

FirstTexansFan
10-16-2013, 07:45 PM
Blah blah blah.... Bitter .... Blah blah blah.... UofH fan.... Blah blah blah.... I know more than you ..... Blah blah blah ..... We beat OU... Blah blah blah :kitten:

Mr teX
10-16-2013, 07:59 PM
And comments like these show how ridiculous you are. Your statements contradict each other as well as the facts and you just dismiss facts that prove you are wrong.

First, I used the statement you made and even expanded the amount to 5- 10 yards and the facts still proved you wrong.

The game I picked WAS his highest rushing amount of the year, so wouldn't that be the best and most extreme example to use? If you statement is true, wouldn't the game he rushed the most have the best chance to prove your right or wrong?

Second, how can you state "He trusts his legs more than his arm....common thing with running qbs." when the sentence RIGHT BEFORE you said " of his 5 ints, 3 have come in the red zone?" If he trusted his legs more, WOULDN'T THE MAJORITY OF HIS INT'S BE OUTSIDE THE REDZONE? In fact, the problem is he trusts his arm a bit too much, ESPECIALLY in the redzone. If he trusts his legs, wouldn't the majority of his rushes be on 2nd, 3rd or 4th down when they need a 1st down? So why did he only run a small percentage of those plays when he had he ball in his hand?

Does manziel run more than pocket QBs? Yes, of course. He's got speed and vision any offense would be wise to take advantage of that, just like they do with russell wilson, who rushes 25% of his touches, Colin Kaepernic who rushes 17%, and RG3 who rushed 24% last year (prior to the injury).

You wear hater glasses when you watch Manziel play and it distorts your view of what is actually happening and the fact that your opinions are factually wrong.

You say im factually wrong....then agree with me in the same post......

Too much garbage to debunk in your post....You obviously feel and see something 1 way...i feel and see something another. Lets just leave it at that....

Mr teX
10-16-2013, 08:00 PM
Blah blah blah.... Bitter .... Blah blah blah.... UofH fan.... Blah blah blah.... I know more than you ..... Blah blah blah ..... We beat OU... Blah blah blah :kitten:

??????

Stemp
10-16-2013, 08:05 PM
You say im factually wrong....then agree with me in the same post......

I didn't agree with you an anything. You said he trusts his legs too much. I said he trusts his ARM too much.

I said he runs more than pocket passers, but he doesn't take off as soon as anyone comes near him, at least not this season.

Too much garbage to debunk in your post....You obviously feel and see something 1 way...i feel and see something another. Lets just leave it at that....

Too much garbage. Facts are garbage to you I guess.

MrTex watching Johnny Manziel
http://forwearemany.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/blindfolded-man.jpg

Mr teX
10-16-2013, 08:23 PM
I didn't agree with you an anything. You said he trusts his legs too much. I said he trusts his ARM too much.

I said he runs more than pocket passers, but he doesn't take off as soon as anyone comes near him, at least not this season.

Too much garbage. Facts are garbage to you I guess.

MrTex watching Johnny Manziel
http://forwearemany.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/blindfolded-man.jpg

You still have yet to debunk the fact that running qbs in the nfl dont last in the Nfl or at least tremendously change their game to become more pocket passer types when they enter and your boy will inevitably have to change his game...deal with that huge fact...

And if im blind watching him play and saying what im saying, i guess there's gonna be a whole lot of blind people come nfl combine and scout eval time..
Cause i can almost guarantee you many will shy away from b/c of his tendency to want to run...

:fingergun: stay in your maroon cocoon...and i'll gladly keep my hater shades on:cool:

Stemp
10-16-2013, 09:29 PM
You still have yet to debunk the fact that running qbs in the nfl dont last in the Nfl or at least tremendously change their game to become more pocket passer types when they enter and your boy will inevitably have to change his game...deal with that huge fact...

And if im blind watching him play and saying what im saying, i guess there's gonna be a whole lot of blind people come nfl combine and scout eval time..
Cause i can almost guarantee you many will shy away from b/c of his tendency to want to run...

:fingergun: stay in your maroon cocoon...and i'll gladly keep my hater shades on:cool:

You are trying to change your argument. In fact, your arguements have been all over the place and changed and you keep trying to change it to that subject which no one disputes when you continually get proven wrong.

Here are the things you've said I take issue with which the facts proven your wrong.
Stop making excuses for this dude...he's a punk.....evidenced by his lack of regard for his coach's situation in having to handle the circus he's brought to town with his offseason antics
Sumlin said he shouldn't have replied at all with what Sumlin said to him.

HATERAIDYep, sure am...don't think he's that good...sorry
At least here you admitted you were a hater. Then you actually tried to defend yourself.

he's good...but he's not nearly as good as people think prop him up to be...Dude had 1 good game against a great team.....

never said he sucks...just that he aint as good as everyone thinks is all.

That's how he plays... That **** won't fly on the next level.... Dude's overrated as hell

Throwing the rock up for grabs and depending on your wr to make the play for you NUMEROUS times makes you a great college qb?...ok if you say so.
Again, I lauged at this. If you have a 6' 5" WR with soft hands and who you know will almost always come down with the ball, why wouldn't you throw it up there? Too bad for you though that even when Evans was injured or covered, Manziel still found his other receivers.

There is no evidence except for his stats..
I actually laughed when I read this. And I laugh even more now when he's played Bama again, as well as good Ole Miss and a better Arkansas and arguably played even better than last year.

When your game as a qb is highly dependent on making things happen with your legs like his is, you've got a problem when you go to the next level simply b/c you wont be able to run away from pressure as easily up there as you did in college. Once that is curtailed, you become a different player. You see how RG3 looks now that he's unable to run. too bad I just proved he doesn't look to run as much as you claim. Plus RG3 is injured and there are other QB's who run about the same amount as he does that are succeeding in the NFL.

Any time as a qb your 1st instinct is to run...not really comfortable sitting in the pocket.... most of the plays you make when its crunch time are of you running.... again proven false. Kinda hard to claim a guy is a running QB when he's 4th in the nation in passing yards per game, 6th nationally in total QBR and 2nd in the SEC (13th nationally) in total passing yards.

Wolf
10-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Manziel might have hurt his shoulder trying to gain some extra yards

He also is one rushing yard away from cam newtons SEC record

Not sure if manziel will return yet. they aren't saying yet

Looks like he can't throw on the sidelines and looks like he is going to the locker room

Wolf
10-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Manziel is back on after aggies defense gave up 14 quick points

Manziel should have cam newtons record now

Wolf
10-19-2013, 07:16 PM
Manziel scored a rushing TD and the ref stepped in and told home basically not to talk **** when he turned toward auburn player

CloakNNNdagger
10-19-2013, 07:23 PM
I would much rather have a QB like Marshal than Manziel.

CloakNNNdagger
10-19-2013, 07:29 PM
Neither Manziel or Marshal can make it in the NFL........they're too short....both at 6'1".........:kitten:

Showtime100
10-19-2013, 08:01 PM
Neither Manziel or Marshal can make it in the NFL........they're too short....both at 6'1".........:kitten:

Lol, troublemaker. :D

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons%20II/thMusicNote.gif They got little hands
Little eyes
They walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little feet http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons%20II/thMusicNote.gif

thunderkyss
10-19-2013, 08:10 PM

A short QB with a lot of wins from a major conference will still get drafted. Mark Sanchez, Drew Brees, Russell Wilson etc... etc... If you're short, you've only played in a spread offense, you didn't play in a major conference... not so much.

Rey
10-19-2013, 08:26 PM
I would much rather have a QB like Marshal than Manziel.

Manziel puts his linemen in some tough situations. He doesn't look comfortable in the pocket going through reads. He gets happy feet and wants to take off and run.

That said, I think that he has some workable skills. He has a good arm. Obviously athletic. I just don't know if he can sit inside dn nfl pocket and make reads and make throws all over the field.

There are other guys I'd rather have.

htownfan32
10-19-2013, 09:15 PM
Damn disappointed in our defense today.

mussop
10-20-2013, 02:00 PM
All I know is every time I watch that scrony 15 year old looking kid, I come away shaking my head, saying how did he do that? I don't know how anyone could watch him and not be impressed.