PDA

View Full Version : EmDiggy and football gameplan, where you at?

NastyNate
09-22-2012, 02:12 PM
No predictions this week Em?

Texanmike02
09-22-2012, 02:39 PM
No predictions this week Em?

Well the running games are about even. Manning to Harrison is a dangerous combination and since Domanick Davis has a knee injury we expect the Colts to win this in a blow out.

Mike

CloakNNNdagger
09-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Well the running games are about even. Manning to Harrison is a dangerous combination and since Domanick Davis has a knee injury we expect the Colts to win this in a blow out.

Mike

:spit:

DX-TEX
09-22-2012, 03:00 PM

Mike

So true. Probably pissed when he everyone here called him out when he said the Dolphins running game was as good as the Texans.

badboy
09-22-2012, 03:12 PM
So true. Probably pissed when he everyone here called him out when he said the Dolphins running game was as good as the Texans.I wonder if Dreesen is going to wish he took less $ to remain a Texan when he sees Super Bowl rings on OD and Graham?
:clown:

NastyNate
09-22-2012, 03:14 PM
I wonder if Dreesen is going to wish he took less $ to remain a Texan when he sees Super Bowl rings on OD and Graham?

SB ring ain't worth 1.3 million less as a special teams/#2 type of guy... JMO :D

False Start
09-22-2012, 03:21 PM

Mike

:lol:

gtexan02
09-22-2012, 03:22 PM
To be fair to him, Reggie Bush last week exploded for close to 200 yards rushing/receiving.
On the Dolphins. With Tannehill as his QB.

Would I take Bush over Foster? Not a chance in hell. Bush has looked great so far though

Showtime100
09-22-2012, 03:25 PM
Somebody enlighten this old man. What the hell is an EmDiggy? This isn't Obama's idea of a cool alternate name is it? :D

gtexan02
09-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Somebody enlighten this old man. What the hell is an EmDiggy? This isn't Obama's idea of a cool alternate name is it? :D

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=36786

Wolf
09-22-2012, 05:36 PM
nothing on a quick search on youtube. I hope everything is ok with EM
http://www.youtube.com/user/FootballGameplan/videos?query=houston+texans

CloakNNNdagger
09-22-2012, 06:37 PM
On 9/19/12, he posted Bengals vs. Redskins Preview. http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?p=2609713

Showtime100
09-22-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm still not getting it

JCTexan
09-22-2012, 07:06 PM
I'm still not getting it

What don't you get? Emdiggy is a poster who does game previews of each game. He did a preview of the Texans-Dolphins game a couple weeks ago and got blasted on here for saying the running games were a push.

Thorn
09-22-2012, 07:19 PM
So, did anyone check any Bronco sites to see if he posted there? Most of the time I found his stuff redundant, everything he said I've already seen elsewhere anyway.

gary
09-22-2012, 07:22 PM
He turned out to be right about the running game.

rmartin65
09-22-2012, 07:28 PM
He turned out to be right about the running game.

No he wasn't. Even if you considered Foster and Bush equals, nobody in there right mind would want Thomas over Tate.

Carr Bombed
09-22-2012, 07:42 PM
No he wasn't. Even if you considered Foster and Bush equals, nobody in there right mind would want Thomas over Tate.

And no way in Hades would I consider Reggie and Foster equals.

gary
09-22-2012, 07:43 PM
No he wasn't. Even if you considered Foster and Bush equals, nobody in there right mind would want Thomas over Tate.Both teams ran the football well. If Miami had a better offense and less turnovers. At least for that game it was a push. I am a fan but not a homer.

The Pencil Neck
09-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Both teams ran the football well. If Miami had a better offense and less turnovers. At least for that game it was a push. I am a fan but not a homer.

But that's not what he was saying. He was saying that Reggie Bush+Daniel Thomas+Dolphins 3rd stringer had the same talent level as Arian Foster+Ben Tate+Forsett. And that's bull. If we were to open up and allow teams to draft running backs right now and someone has a choice between drafting Arian Foster or Reggie Bush, only an idiot would choose Reggie Bush first. Arian has been much, much more productive in his career than Reggie has. The same with Tate vs. Thomas and Forsett vs. the Dolphin 3rd Stringer (who does have potential.)

The fact that our teams ran for about the same amount of yards really indicates what he should have but was not comparing. And that's our ability to run on the Miami Dolphins vs. the Dolphins ability to run on us. The Dolphins Defense was better at stopping the run than ours was but that doesn't have anything to do with the respective talent levels of Reggie Bush and Arian Foster.

Reggie Bush is having a good season so far. Last year was his best year as a running back. He started 15 games and ran for 1086 yards with a 5 ypc average. It was his first ever season over 1000 yards (out of 6 year career). He had 1 game over 200 yards rushing and 5 over 100 (including the one he went for 200 yards in.)

Arian Foster is not having a good season so far. (Damn you, Veganism!) But last year, which was not his best year as a running back, he started 13 games and ran for 1224 yards with a 4.4 ypc average. It was his second season (out of 2.5) over 1000 yards. He had 7 games over 100 yards rushing which equals the number of 100 yard rushing games Reggie Bush has had his entire career.

Now. EmDiggy would say at this point that "The Numbers ALWAYS Lie" (that's his catchphrase and I find it odious at best) and probably say that if you gave Reggie Bush the opportunities that Arian Foster had in the same sort of offense, he'd have been putting up the same sorts of numbers. But that's the same argument as saying that if you put Ryan Leaf in the right offense, he would have been better than Peyton was with the Colts. And it's a ridiculous, spurious argument to make. Because ultimately it's about production and not the fantasy of what might have been. Projecting into the future is about what you expect to happen based on past results. And when the season is done, I expect Arian to out-perform Bush again... might not happen, but it's what I expect.

For a wanna-be analyst to play the "talent" card like that was just offensive to me. I hope EmDiggy is OK but I'm not watching any more of his videos.

Dutchrudder
09-23-2012, 12:51 AM
My guess is Emdiggy got a deal with ESPN to be the black guy who yells at Skip Bayless.

ObsiWan
09-23-2012, 02:19 AM
My guess is Emdiggy got a deal with ESPN to be the black guy who yells at Skip Bayless.

:thinking: how does Bayless even have a job....
....or Stephen A. Smith for that matter...

kiwitexansfan
09-23-2012, 03:00 AM
So, did anyone check any Bronco sites to see if he posted there? Most of the time I found his stuff redundant, everything he said I've already seen elsewhere anyway.

He hasn't been on the Broncos official forum that I have seen. I have been hanging out a bit over there and haven't seen it. They fancy their chances in the game though, they are talking about getting the #1 seed in the AFC.

Carr Bombed
09-23-2012, 03:11 AM
They fancy their chances in the game though, they are talking about getting the #1 seed in the AFC.

:spit: Did you remind them that it's 2012 and not 2002? Even if they do win tomorrow (any given Sunday), there's still no way their "over the hill gang" will finish with a higher seed than Houston.. they won't even win their division. Silly donkey fans.

Trail.Blazr
09-23-2012, 06:56 AM
:thinking: how does Bayless even have a job....
....or Stephen A. Smith for that matter...

If you didn't catch SNL last night... :-)

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-stephen-a-smith-on-tim-tebow/1418245

CloakNNNdagger
09-23-2012, 07:02 AM
If you didn't catch SNL last night... :-)

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/weekend-update-stephen-a-smith-on-tim-tebow/1418245

:spit:

silentassassin
09-23-2012, 07:10 AM
He hasn't been on the Broncos official forum that I have seen. I have been hanging out a bit over there and haven't seen it. They fancy their chances in the game though, they are talking about getting the #1 seed in the AFC.

It's amazing to me how so many of our opponent's fans have little to no trepidation about playing other good teams like the Texans, while most of us Texans fans get nervous as hell about every slightly big, or big game.

What is it that inspires such confidence in them? They went 8-8 last year, but they experienced a significant upgrade at quarterback. There still has to be questions about their team. Especially after last week's game in Atlanta.

Grams
09-23-2012, 07:17 AM
It's amazing to me how so many of our opponent's fans have little to no trepidation about playing other good teams like the Texans, while most of us Texans fans get nervous as hell about every slightly big, or big game.

What is it that inspires such confidence in them? They went 8-8 last year, but they experienced a significant upgrade at quarterback. There still has to be questions about their team. Especially after last week's game in Atlanta.

Because their team has been to the Super Bowl and won. They know what their team has done int the past and confident that they can do it again.
Their team had also been around a lot longer than the 10+ years the Texans have. We are still "new fans" compared to most NFL team fans. Our team has done something once. We are still waiting for the Texans to be more consistant with winning. We have had our hopes dashed too many times to be overconfident at this point.

Showtime100
09-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Because their team has been to the Super Bowl and won. They know what their team has done int the past and confident that they can do it again.
Their team had also been around a lot longer than the 10+ years the Texans have. We are still "new fans" compared to most NFL team fans. Our team has done something once. We are still waiting for the Texans to be more consistant with winning. We have had our hopes dashed too many times to be overconfident at this point.

You don't speak for me. I was an Oiler fan from my first memory. You are correct in saying they have seen a SB win, hell, even a SB appearance, whereas we have not.

It's tough to be a Houston sports fan, that is a fact. :D

Corrosion
09-23-2012, 07:29 AM
To be fair to him, Reggie Bush last week exploded for close to 200 yards rushing/receiving.
On the Dolphins. With Tannehill as his QB.

Would I take Bush over Foster? Not a chance in hell. Bush has looked great so far though

Tannehill looked really good in the first quarter and a half against the Texans .... That was while they were able to run the ball and not be predictable , once they got behind ..... the mistakes came and he looked like a rookie in over his head.

Add to that the Fish ability to stop the run holding Foster to 89 yards on 26 carries .... then they replicate that by holding McFadden to 22 yards on 11 carries in a dominating performance against the Raiders.

The Fish arent as bad a team as many thought .... how then finish the season pretty much depends on how fast Tannehill figures it out. They are probably a better team than the Dolts and Titans.

ObsiWan
09-23-2012, 07:50 AM
Tannehill looked really good in the first quarter and a half against the Texans .... That was while they were able to run the ball and not be predictable , once they got behind ..... the mistakes came and he looked like a rookie in over his head.

Add to that the Fish ability to stop the run holding Foster to 89 yards on 26 carries .... then they replicate that by holding McFadden to 22 yards on 11 carries in a dominating performance against the Raiders.

The Fish arent as bad a team as many thought .... how then finish the season pretty much depends on how fast Tannehill figures it out. They are probably a better team than the Dolts and Titans.

You mean that perhaps we were a might hasty in harshly critiquing our boys for beating them by only 20 pts...?
:)

Thorn
09-23-2012, 07:54 AM

Yeah. As Houston sports fans, we've been down that road to many times. The glory years of the Comets were the only time I've ever been totally confident a Houston team would be kicking ass and taking names and trophies.

GlassHalfFull
09-23-2012, 08:02 AM
Yeah. As Houston sports fans, we've been down that road to many times. The glory years of the Comets were the only time I've ever been totally confident a Houston team would be kicking ass and taking names and trophies.

Try being a Houston sports fan and an Aggie fan.

I am always looking for the other shoe to fall. :glasshalffull:

Corrosion
09-23-2012, 08:17 AM
Try being a Houston sports fan and an Aggie fan.

I am always looking for the other shoe to fall. :glasshalffull:

Sometimes those aggie jokes just write themselves :corrosion:

Corrosion
09-23-2012, 08:29 AM
You mean that perhaps we were a might hasty in harshly critiquing our boys for beating them by only 20 pts...?
:)

I do believe that some of the criticism was warranted .... but much was overblown. Miami's a solid football team , probably the best DT duo in the NFL and their OL is solid too.

Unable to punch it in from first and goal from the 7 and 3 yard lines .... Unacceptable. They have to finish drives with TD's.

Giving up a punt return for a TD - Unacceptable.

41% on third down conversions - Not up to my expectations but then again , thats a solid defense.

silentassassin
09-23-2012, 08:32 AM

Yeah that's understandable. I still think most fans should be rational and think on a case-by-case basis.

Those Super Bowl trophies were a long time ago. Times have changed, and maintaining an almost unwarranted confidence in your team just because they've been champions in the past seems unreasonable to me.

Then again, I wouldn't know. I only know what it's like to be a Houston sports fan. :(

hradhak
09-23-2012, 09:07 AM
I think part of the resurgence of Reggie Bush is that the Dolphins really have had no other offense to speak of in the last 2 seasons. The Saints had many other options and never really needed Bush.

I thought Em's assessment was ridiculous before the game, but I think the Phins run game is closer to ours than we once thought, but I'd rather have Foster / Tate any day

Corrosion
09-23-2012, 09:13 AM
I think part of the resurgence of Reggie Bush is that the Dolphins really have had no other offense to speak of in the last 2 seasons. The Saints had many other options and never really needed Bush.

I thought Em's assessment was ridiculous before the game, but I think the Phins run game is closer to ours than we once thought, but I'd rather have Foster / Tate any day

If they dont give him the ball ... he cant gain yards , sure enough. But the knock on Bush was that he couldnt run between the tackles. He's proven otherwise.

Really the hype surrounding Bush coming out of college was .... impossible for him to live up to. Gayle Sayers ?! He's turned himself into a good player .... but he aint no Sayers or Barry Sanders.

With his speed , I really have to wonder how good he could be in an offense like the Texans ... He's a one cut and go type and I think he would thrive.

SAMURAITEXAN
09-23-2012, 09:20 AM
You guys gave Em a hard time.:foottap: Be easy on him. He just gives his opinion and shares with us. Maybe a health issue? Hope, he is OK.

Lucky
09-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Miami has 79 yards rushing against one of the leagues' elite defenses. 263 on the ground against one of the worst (Oakland). The Dolphin running games has improved, but it's very doubtful that it will reach a par with the Texans this season.

I looked arond on youtube and couldn't find any recent preview from Emory (EmDiggy). I hope he's OK. Disagreements on message boards should never become personable, and I hop he realizes it was just honest debate.

The glory years of the Comets were the only time I've ever been totally confident a Houston team would be kicking ass and taking names and trophies.
So you were the one who was watching the Comets?

Rey
09-23-2012, 10:18 AM
We were mild compared to the main boards response to em diggy's dlolphins preview.

Lucky
09-23-2012, 10:22 AM
We were mild compared to the main boards response to em diggy's dlolphins preview.
I consider this to be the "main board".

Corrosion
09-23-2012, 10:32 AM

I know some of us gave him a hard time about popping in , posting a link begging for clicks and not contributing otherwise ....

I consider this to be the "main board".

Yeah , this was the main board before the current main board was the main board .... I havent been to the Texans "official" forums since the split.

NitroGSXR
09-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Can someone link the thread? I missed it. I have always like what I could understand from EmDiggy.

CloakNNNdagger
09-23-2012, 11:19 AM
I know some of us gave him a hard time about popping in , posting a link begging for clicks and not contributing otherwise ....

Yeah , this was the main board before the current main board was the main board .... I havent been to the Texans "official" forums since the split.

Emory (EmDiggy) was on live on GamePlan live radio blog yesterday......http://www.blogtalkradio.com/footballgameplan/2012/09/22/football-gameplans-radio-show--episode-78

So he has more than likely picked up his toys and gone on to test other fan sites. (Of course, if he has gotten ill since then, I extend best wishes to a quick recovery and return here to some good-natured bantering).

SheTexan
09-23-2012, 11:56 AM
You guys gave Em a hard time.:foottap: Be easy on him. He just gives his opinion and shares with us. Maybe a health issue? Hope, he is OK.

That's not always ALLOWED on this board!

kiwitexansfan
09-23-2012, 01:30 PM
He didn't do a Texans one this week, was just on his youtube page. He did 14 games but not ours.

Rey
09-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Honestly I don't care if he does our games, but I just hope he is ok. He did our game last week so I'm not sure what happened.

Showtime100
09-23-2012, 02:04 PM
EmDiggy :lol:

I have to admit I like that name. :kitten: