PDA

View Full Version : Week 3 VS Broncos. Lets Predict :)

EllisUnit
09-16-2012, 06:15 PM
OK i know its early again but it worked so well against the jags ;). I say

Texans 34

Broncos 13

(OK here at work at 3:30 AM after a whopping 2 hours of sleep i change my predicition after what seemed to be a revelation between closing my eyes and then opening them right back up to come to work, i got a large boost of Homerism :) )
Manning gave us hell when he was with the colts, but DONT FORGET he hasnt played against the texans revamped defense.

And I expect AJ and the passing game will play a big factor next week as i dont see us taking a early and commanding lead.

TdotTexas2Step
09-16-2012, 06:20 PM
28 Houston
21 Denver

Final score in overtime. The Texans Vs. Manning rivalry is reborn.

Seriously though, the key matchup here will be Kareem Vs. Decker. Manning threw equally to Thomas and Decker, and he went to Decker a couple of times in the endzone, Manning will surely test Jackson more than Joseph.

Lurvinator11
09-16-2012, 06:22 PM
I predict I will know more after seeing Denver tomorrow night.

I don't like it though, I think it will be close, but it is hard to go and win in Denver.

I will update more.

Fili
09-16-2012, 06:24 PM
35-0 blow out W for Houston.

ATXtexanfan
09-16-2012, 06:27 PM
Denver 31
Texans 10
Peyton still sees us as his *****. He scores early and often then kubiaks gameplan
goes out the window. Schaub forced to play catchup and fails. Early thoughts, thats all

Corrosion
09-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Possible preview of the AFC Championship game.

EllisUnit
09-16-2012, 06:30 PM
Denver 31
Texans 10
Peyton still sees us as his *****. He scores early and often then kubiaks gameplan
goes out the window. Schaub forced to play catchup and fails. Early thoughts, thats all

hmmm since phillip came here the Defense has been way better than what Peyton was used to seeing from us. Even so i see us scoring more than 10.

Man we have some mood killers here...

ATXtexanfan
09-16-2012, 06:36 PM
hmmm since phillip came here the Defense has been way better than what Peyton was used to seeing from us. Even so i see us scoring more than 10.

Man we have some mood killers here...

Not mood killing. Wades first shot at Peyton and I don't think Peyton fears wade. He has tools and a nice D. Just being reasonable against a qb who has always kicked our ass

sandmanx
09-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Texans 27
Broncos 24

I think the Texans are the better team, but playing on the road is tough. I'll be interested to see how bitchboy Manning looks tomorrow, but I think he was a bit overhyped in week 1.

EllisUnit
09-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Not mood killing. Wades first shot at Peyton and I don't think Peyton fears wade. He has tools and a nice D. Just being reasonable against a qb who has always kicked our ass

I dont think the Broncos D is better than ours and i dont think the broncos O is better than ours.

Just my opinion but we match up well if not better

Nawzer
09-16-2012, 06:41 PM
28 Houston
21 Denver

Seriously though, the key matchup here will be Kareem Vs. Decker. Manning threw equally to Thomas and Decker, and he went to Decker a couple of times in the endzone, Manning will surely test Jackson more than Joseph.

What rivalry??? It's been a one sided affair. This is going to be a tough test for us. Good thing is that we haven't hit our stride yet offensively or defensively yet. Broncos looked awesome against the Steelers the other night, but it'll be interesting to see if Manning can have a repeat performance. I think it'll be a close game up in Denver and the thin air might have an adverse affect on our players. Arian and Tate are key to this game imo. Keep Manning off the field. As for the prediction, I'm going with my heart: 21-17 Texans. My head says this will be our first loss. I hope my head is wrong.

ATXtexanfan
09-16-2012, 06:46 PM
I dont think the Broncos D is better than ours and i dont think the broncos O is better than ours.

Just my opinion but we match up well if not better

Peyton > schaub. Peyton > kubiak. I hope I'm wrong but I see a loss here on the road. Plus the hype machine will be running if Broncos are 2-0 also.

gtexan02
09-16-2012, 06:47 PM
21-17 Texans.

EllisUnit
09-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Peyton > schaub. Peyton > kubiak. I hope I'm wrong but I see a loss here on the road. Plus the hype machine will be running if Broncos are 2-0 also.

I hope they are 2-0. two power houses slugging it out......Tired of these blow outs TBH. Need one to get my blood pumping :whip:....as long as we still get a win.

LikeMike
09-16-2012, 06:52 PM
This will be a real tough one. I consider the broncos one of the best teams of the league and Manning always looks good against us. Plus it's in Denver. I'm gonna say 21-17 Texans. Can't wait for a real test now, neither the Jags nor the Dolphins gave us a challenge...

Hervoyel
09-16-2012, 06:52 PM
One more time I call upon Clubber's power

"My Prediction?"

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/clubber-pain.jpg
"Pain"

axman40
09-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Texans 316
Broncos -6
TEXAN SUPERFAN!
:koolaid:

Hagar
09-16-2012, 07:00 PM
I think there's a 50/50 chance of seeing a scene from the Longest Yard:

I think he broke his fricken neck!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4qECNoUIdM)

Peyton carved up those crappy 4-3 defenses under Bush; he hasn't seen Wade's blitzkieg defense yet.

24-17 Texans Win!

Allstar
09-16-2012, 07:04 PM
I think we are easily the more talented team. The fact that the game is in Denver and their QB is Peyton Freaking Manning makes me feel very unsure about the outcome.

kiwitexansfan
09-16-2012, 07:21 PM
I was a little nervous for the Dolphins just because it was the first game I think and you never know.

The Jags I was sure we would whip them good.

The Peytco's scare me, purely because of Manning.

I had this game down as one we would lose when predicting our record, but stuff that.

Texans 37
Broncos 20

Kubiak opens the playbook and we get the ball downfield some.

Texn4life
09-16-2012, 07:27 PM
I think there was a certain level of brilliance to Kubiak's gameplan today. He showed screen after screen after screen. You think the Broncos and their 2 edge speed rushers aren't going to be watching that? That's the easiest way to get in their head and slow them down some. I honestly think Kubiak wasn't pushing the ball down the field with an eye on next week's game. We'll still do some in the screen game because they want to fly up the field so fast, but Andre will be unleashed next week. Hopefully Champ and Co. don't exhaust too much energy covering the Falcons beast receivers because he'll see a much better version in #80 next Sunday.

GP
09-16-2012, 07:49 PM
I will know more after Manning plays MNF vs Falcons.

Right now, the Denver crowd environment is a challenge for us. The refs, unless it's the regular crew out there, those replacement refs will MELT under the Broncos fans' noise. I noticed last week that the fans were hissing and pissing and moaning and crying for pass interference ANY time a Manning pass was not caught. Apparently, it was never the Colts fans fault for that...it apparently is inherently attached to Manning and his fans think there MUST have been a p.i. if the pass wasn't completed. Because he's just. that. good. Makes me soooo mad. The replacement refs just might fall under the spell, I'm afraid.

Overall, we SHOULD beat them...but it will be close either way. A 10-point game IMO.

97roc
09-16-2012, 07:53 PM
31 - 27

Texans of course.

I reserve the right to edit my post, lets say in about 27 hours...

BullBlitz
09-16-2012, 08:26 PM
I want to see how the Broncos look tomorrow night. Then I will make a prediction.

DRP
09-16-2012, 08:57 PM
I can see the Texans come out with a win, 27-24. One thing i can't wait to see is when Watt lays out Manning.

kiwitexansfan
09-16-2012, 10:00 PM
I think there was a certain level of brilliance to Kubiak's gameplan today. He showed screen after screen after screen. You think the Broncos and their 2 edge speed rushers aren't going to be watching that? That's the easiest way to get in their head and slow them down some. I honestly think Kubiak wasn't pushing the ball down the field with an eye on next week's game. We'll still do some in the screen game because they want to fly up the field so fast, but Andre will be unleashed next week. Hopefully Champ and Co. don't exhaust too much energy covering the Falcons beast receivers because he'll see a much better version in #80 next Sunday.

I think there is a lot of truth in this.

I think Kubiak Mitlon Berle'd this one. (throw that out for all the sportsguy fans.)

HJam72
09-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Honestly, I think we lose a really close one in Denver that we would win in Houston.

BullNation4Life
09-16-2012, 10:59 PM
27-17 Texans

Peyton Manning is gonna get ***** slapped by the pass defense. Manning hasn't faced a Barwin or Watt or this defense and they are gonna abuse Denver's O-line...

They barely have a running game so the OLBs will pin their ears back and go after Manning.

Remember, when Peyton starts getting hit, he isn't Peyton anymore and the Texans are gonna hit him all day...

Fred
09-16-2012, 11:00 PM
I want to see how the Broncos look tomorrow night. Then I will make a prediction.

Since you thought the Jags would beat the Texans, are you really expecting the Broncos could possibly look worse than the Jags? Because if they only look as bad as the Jags you kinda have to pick the Broncos.

Marcus
09-16-2012, 11:22 PM
I don't need to watch tomorrow nights game....

It's Peyton Manning, remember ?

rolyat93
09-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Andre Johnson has big bounce back game against Elderly Champ Bailey.

Texans 34

Broncos 24

TexansFanatic
09-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Not a doubt in my mind, the Texans are losing this one.

31 -13

If somehow the Texans win, then I will truly believe this is a Super Bowl team.

Bulls on Parade
09-17-2012, 01:52 AM
Texans 45, Broncos 20

We finally break the 40-point mark this year

Our defense gives them enough hell. 3-0 for the first time in franchise history.

Wolf6151
09-17-2012, 02:14 AM
I see a nail biter.

Texans - 24
Broncos - 23

kwayshauntay
09-17-2012, 03:46 AM
The MNF game tomorrow (errrr tonight) won't tell us a thing about Texans-vs-Broncos next week.

After week 1, there was no way the Cowboys would lose to the Seahawks, no way the Patriots would lose to the freaking Cardinals at home, no way the latest GOAT QB RG3 would lose to the lowly Rams.

On any given Sunday, any NFL team can beat the crap out of any other. The cliche is true!

BlueSteel
09-17-2012, 05:32 AM
You guys crack me up. Manning has. Never faced a playoff calibre Texans team. You cannot compare this team we have now to the teams Manning would dominate single handed.

24-17 Texans

GuerillaBlack
09-17-2012, 06:32 AM
The MNF game tomorrow (errrr tonight) won't tell us a thing about Texans-vs-Broncos next week.

After week 1, there was no way the Cowboys would lose to the Seahawks, no way the Patriots would lose to the freaking Cardinals at home, no way the latest GOAT QB RG3 would lose to the lowly Rams.

On any given Sunday, any NFL team can beat the crap out of any other. The cliche is true!

I see what you're trying to say, but many picked the Seahawks over the Cowboys as the upset of the week (Dallas read their press clippings), St. Louis played a good game against Detroit in Detroit in week one. After two weeks, you can start collecting more data.

TexansBull
09-17-2012, 07:10 AM
23-20 Texans win.

We run, run, and run the ball some more. Manning is kept off the field. The most important aspect of the game is Kubiak learned that we have to run the ball on Manning (I hope.)

Remember when Arian had that breakout game against the Colts, and the second game Kubes decided to pass more than run and we lost that game? It was a "fire kubiak" and "poor game planning" week. Just as long as we run the ball with Tate and Foster we will be in a winning position.

If we get fancy and try to be a passing team we lose. We have to be a smash mouth in your face on both sides of the ball. Our defense will shake up Manning too by knocking him around. This isn't your 8-8 Texans.

Corrosion
09-17-2012, 07:42 AM
I see a nail biter.

Me too , last team to score wins.

TEXANS84
09-17-2012, 07:42 AM
5200 feet and Peyton Manning, not this weekend.

Broncos 31
Texans 21

Thorn
09-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Some of yall seem to forget the power of Da Watt. Manning hasn't seen this defense yet except in film. I predict a very close game won in the 4th qtr. I'll say by whom after I watch the game tonight.

TejasTom
09-17-2012, 09:01 AM
And our defense is well rested.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

ckhouston
09-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Texans 27

Broncos 21

Trail.Blazr
09-17-2012, 10:06 AM
Some of yall seem to forget the power of Da Watt. Manning hasn't seen this defense yet except in film. I predict a very close game won in the 4th qtr. I'll say by whom after I watch the game tonight.

And with that film, my fear comes with the clinic Drew Brees put on KJ in last season's week 3 game.

I want to reserve a prediction until after watching tonight's game as well, but my gut says it will be a last man standing game.

We all know that Peyton can't get comfortable and I like our chances to disrupt him all game long. That and securing the rock will be KEY. I would LOVE to see the tricycle put a smile on Kube's face this week!

badboy
09-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Factors:
thin air vs short week for Denver

Texans RBs vs hopefully tired D

Texans LBs versus TEs (Dreesen?)

KJ versus #2 WR

Walters and OD vs middle of field

AJ will be a factor only in tying up more than one defender.

Texans win

ThaShark316
09-17-2012, 10:51 AM

31 -13

After a win over an extremely overhyped Broncos team?

TexansBull
09-17-2012, 11:52 AM
I wonder if Joel Dreesen will screw us over Sage Rosenfels style. Just thought of that. That could be the game changer.

Trail.Blazr
09-17-2012, 11:53 AM
I wonder if Joel Dreesen will screw us over Sage Rosenfels style. Just thought of that. That could be the game changer.

I don't recall playing against Sage.. ??

utahmark
09-17-2012, 12:09 PM
28 Houston
21 Denver

You don't kick the extra point in overtime.:brando:

utahmark
09-17-2012, 12:13 PM

31 -13

Did you not get enough attention when you were a child?:texanbill:

TexansBull
09-17-2012, 12:43 PM
I don't recall playing against Sage.. ??

It was against the Giants and he was the backup qb at the time. I think it was Cushings rookie year or the year before. Essentially he told the Giants a good deal of information about our offense and we couldn't get anything done that game. Google lance zierlein and sage rosenfel's revenge. On the crackberry so I cannot paste links.

That could happen with Dreesen. He could tell the Broncos everything about our offense and we struggle because of it.

TexansFanatic
09-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Did you not get enough attention when you were a child?:texanbill:

Oh, am I on the wrong board? I was thinking this was the non-groupthink board. My bad!

silvrhand
09-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Does anyone have stats for peyton manning vs. Wade Phillips defense?

utahmark
09-17-2012, 01:26 PM
Oh, am I on the wrong board? I was thinking this was the non-groupthink board. My bad!

Your a Texan fan. This is our best team ever. We just got through playing what was one of our most dominating games in 10+ years and you predict we get killed 31 to 13 by a team we should be better than. Just seems like something we used to see Richard Justice write. I guess It could happen, not sure how someone could predict it though.

BeerTastesLikeVictory
09-17-2012, 01:33 PM
That could happen with Dreesen. He could tell the Broncos everything about our offense and we struggle because of it.

I don't see this logic with the 2012 Texans. While he may be able to relay some plays, they still have to stop our offense. I would like to think our audibles have changed since last year as well. The zone blocking scheme negates some of the worry as well. I'm just not that worried about what Dressen could tell them.

TexansFanatic
09-17-2012, 01:38 PM
Your a Texan fan. This is our best team ever. We just got through playing what was one of our most dominating games in 10+ years and you predict we get killed 31 to 13 by a team we should be better than. Just seems like something we used to see Richard Justice write. I guess It could happen, not sure how someone could predict it though.

Being a fan has never prevented me from seeing things as they really are.

Kubiak is notorious for having a sorry record on the road against winning teams.

The Texans have never beaten a Peyton Manning led team on the road.

If I'm going to offer a prediction I'm not going to lie for the sake of going with the rest of the group. I prefer to be honest. I'm crazy like that.

Sorry if that disrupts your delicate sensibilities.

The Pencil Neck
09-17-2012, 01:46 PM
Kubiak is notorious for having a sorry record on the road against winning teams.

I don't think that's the case. At least, he's beaten winning teams on the road and I think there are coaches who have worse records on the road against winning teams than he does. So I think "notorious" is a bit hyperbolic.

TexansFanatic
09-17-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't think that's the case. At least, he's beaten winning teams on the road and I think there are coaches who have worse records on the road against winning teams than he does. So I think "notorious" is a bit hyperbolic.

Perhaps he's just notorious in my eyes. As of the end of last season, Kubiak is 3 and 20 on the road against winning teams.

Texanmike02
09-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Does anyone have stats for peyton manning vs. Wade Phillips defense?

I only went back to 02 (is anything before that relevant? Prob not)

Atl
2003 25/30 290yds 5 TD 0 Int
SD
2004 27/44 383yds 2 TD 1 Int
2005 26/45 336yds 1 TD 2 Int
DAL
2010 36/48 365yds 2 TD 4 Int

The one vs Atl was a real bad team. Wade took over as HC I believe. They were just terrible. Manning, for the most part, has put up a lot of yards but inefficient as hell.

Mike

False Start
09-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Texans - 17
Brocos - 14

I think this gonna be a great, close game. Peyton always does well against us.He also has a good offense, and a pretty good D to back him up. Miller is the real deal, plus more.

I just think or D will be out to wreck shop, and show thy are the real deal! :stonecold: :wild:

The Pencil Neck
09-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Perhaps he's just notorious in my eyes. As of the end of last season, Kubiak is 3 and 20 on the road against winning teams.

Most teams and most coaches have losing records against winning teams on the road. I haven't run a full analysis on it but I'd bet there are some teams that go winless against winning teams on the road. Those are the guys I'd consider as "notorious."

As a case study, I chose to compare Kubiak against Tom Coughlin over that same time period (looking only at the regular season.) Coughlin has had a much better record that Kubiak over that time period and has won 2 SBs so it's not exactly a "fair" comparison.

But Coughlin's road record against winning teams is only 7-13. Granted, better than Kubiak, but still a losing record.

So now the question is whether THIS team can win on the road against winning teams.

TexansFanatic
09-17-2012, 03:06 PM
As a case study, I chose to compare Kubiak against Tom Coughlin over that same time period (looking only at the regular season.)

Why would you count only the regular season?

The playoff games are the ones that really count and Coughlin's Giants are notorious road warriors. Coughlin's Giants exemplify like no other team that being able to win on the road leads to championships.

I started with Coughlin's 2006 season (the season Kubiak started) and didn't have to count beyond the middle of the 2008 season before I wound up with 8 wins and 3 losses against winning opponents on the road. That's when I re-read your post and realized you hadn't counted playoff wins.

The Pencil Neck
09-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Why would you count only the regular season?

The playoff games are the ones that really count and Coughlin's Giants are notorious road warriors. Coughlin's Giants exemplify like no other team that being able to win on the road leads to championships.

I started with Coughlin's 2006 season (the season Kubiak started) and didn't have to count beyond the middle of the 2008 season before I wound up with 8 wins and 3 losses against winning opponents on the road. That's when I re-read your post and realized you hadn't counted playoff wins.

Playoffs are a different story and a whole different season.

Those Giant teams that have done so well backing into the playoffs and winning road games in the postseason DON'T have a winning record on the road during the regular season against winning teams.

TexansFanatic
09-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Playoffs are a different story and a whole different season.

Those Giant teams that have done so well backing into the playoffs and winning road games in the postseason DON'T have a winning record on the road during the regular season against winning teams.

Kubiak has a losing record on the road against winning team during the regular season AND the playoffs and it ain't close.

buddyboy
09-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Being a fan has never prevented me from seeing things as they really are.

The Texans have never beaten a Peyton Manning led team on the road.

If I'm going to offer a prediction I'm not going to lie for the sake of going with the rest of the group. I prefer to be honest. I'm crazy like that.

Sorry if that disrupts your delicate sensibilities.

Seeing things as they "really are" is usually seeing things in your own perspective. Just like I'm not going to argue your prediction (it could happen!), don't for a second think that we who think the Texans will win are being a) dishonest with ourselves, b) suffering from groupthink, or c) crazy.

HJam72
09-17-2012, 03:36 PM
It's just Houston north. :kitten:

TexansFanatic
09-17-2012, 03:45 PM
don't for a second think that we who think the Texans will win are being a) dishonest with ourselves, b) suffering from groupthink, or c) crazy.

Not all of you. :winky:

Rudyball
09-17-2012, 04:18 PM
1) Kubiak played in Denver for years so he will know how to handle the elevation effects on the team and how to prepare them
2) Every year is different so I am looking forward to watching the denver defense tonight to see how they handle Atlanta to get a guage on them
3) Peyton is good and I think our defense can handle their offense enough to win the game
4) We are a deep team and that should put us over the top in this game

ObsiWan
09-17-2012, 04:19 PM

This is how a rational person could predict it...

First, ask yourself sanely, just who have we beat?
Answer: We beat two, how to say this nicely... ...I can't... we beat two chump azz teams by twenty apiece. Think back to after the Miami twenty-point beatdown; there was lots of anquish in H-Town because some folks thought the point diff should have been 30, 35, or 40... and maybe it should have seeing as how we were sleep-walking for most of the first half.

Now, ask yourself, who has Denver played?
The Steelers.
That's right, Denver/Peyton hung a 30-burger on the famed Steelers D last week. Those same Steelers who should have been still really pissed at the Broncos for knocking them out of the playoffs last year!

And then there's that damned no-huddle offense. Have WE faced a no-huddle offense?? Anyone know if Wade has a counter for the no-huddle?? I don't. I know this: Wade's pass rush depends on the front seven rotation keeping guys fresh. Can't rotate if the no-huddle doesn't give you time to sub guys in. Scares me crapless.

Denver's win was a quality win against a quality team. Our two were pretty good wins but against chump teams. And we're in THEIR house.

I hope Kubiak pulls out the "Aww shucks, kids... I sure would be proud if'n you boys could get me a win here in my old stadium" schick.
I know I would.

Too close to call for me folks.

TexansFanatic
09-17-2012, 04:26 PM
who have we beat?

who has Denver played?

Solid. Wanted to rep you. MSR

utahmark
09-17-2012, 04:46 PM

Answer: We beat two, how to say this nicely... ...I can't... we beat two chump azz teams by twenty apiece. Think back to after the Miami twenty-point beatdown; there was lots of anquish in H-Town because some folks thought the point diff should have been 30, 35, or 40... and maybe it should have seeing as how we were sleep-walking for most of the first half.

The Steelers.
That's right, Denver/Peyton hung a 30-burger on the famed Steelers D last week. Those same Steelers who should have been still really pissed at the Broncos for knocking them out of the playoffs last year!

And then there's that damned no-huddle offense. Have WE faced a no-huddle offense?? Anyone know if Wade has a counter for the no-huddle?? I don't. I know this: Wade's pass rush depends on the front seven rotation keeping guys fresh. Can't rotate if the no-huddle doesn't give you time to sub guys in. Scares me crapless.

Denver's win was a quality win against a quality team. Our two were pretty good wins but against chump teams. And we're in THEIR house.

I hope Kubiak pulls out the "Aww shucks, kids... I sure would be proud if'n you boys could get me a win here in my old stadium" schick.
I know I would.

Jacksonville almost won on the road and Miami totally dominated the Raiders in their only other games.

Norg
09-17-2012, 04:53 PM
It's just Houston north. :kitten:

not anymore its more like Carolina West now a days :P

TexansFanatic
09-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Jacksonville almost won on the road and Miami totally dominated the Raiders in their only other games.

The Vikings are terrible and so are the Raiders.

utahmark
09-17-2012, 05:55 PM
The Vikings are terrible and so are the Raiders.

and the Steelers could'nt even beat Tebow in the playoff's. It does not matter, we will see sunday.

HJam72
09-17-2012, 05:57 PM
We got it covered. When Schaub hands one ball to Foster, another to Tate, and throws a 3rd one to AJ, they're not gonna know what to do. :handshake:

Only thing is Myers has to learn that 3 ball hike trick.

TexansBull
09-17-2012, 06:10 PM
I don't see this logic with the 2012 Texans. While he may be able to relay some plays, they still have to stop our offense. I would like to think our audibles have changed since last year as well. The zone blocking scheme negates some of the worry as well. I'm just not that worried about what Dressen could tell them.

http://blog.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2010/10/sage-rosenfels-revenge/

Read the article. Rosenfels was two years removed and still hurt us. I am not saying its going to happen, but it is a risk since Dreesen was a big part of the offense the past few years. But with that's said, wouldn't Leach and Jacoby Jones have the same impact last year and now this year? So I do get what you are saying. My point is that its a risk. Especially with John Fox as good as he is defensively. Just sayin.

TexansFanatic
09-17-2012, 08:55 PM
and the Steelers could'nt even beat Tebow in the playoff's. It does not matter, we will see sunday.

Well, that was Jesus working his magic.

For what it's worth, Vegas considers the Texans a one point favorite in Denver (at least for the moment).

Norg
09-17-2012, 09:12 PM
http://blog.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2010/10/sage-rosenfels-revenge/

Read the article. Rosenfels was two years removed and still hurt us. I am not saying its going to happen, but it is a risk since Dreesen was a big part of the offense the past few years. But with that's said, wouldn't Leach and Jacoby Jones have the same impact last year and now this year? So I do get what you are saying. My point is that its a risk. Especially with John Fox as good as he is defensively. Just sayin.

seeing last game our offensive plays seem to change every month or so

the jags game we never booted once and ive never seen so many foward pitches and screens its like schaub was throwing the ball like ive never seen him do it that way like he was throwing after like 3 steps and was never planted

sandmanx
09-17-2012, 11:48 PM

The Steelers.

It's a new season, and the 'famed' Steelers defense is a bunch of past memories. It amazes me how much stock people put into past history both in college and pro football. Take Notre Dame for example, they are now in the top 15 in the poll purely because of reputation from players that have long since left, I view the Steelers as the same. The "steel curtain" all retired by the early 80s.

I know I would.

A few hours later MannINT doesn't look so hot. He's a great player but he is beatable. I still think it will be a challenging game this Sunday since it's a road game in a tough environment, but I think Denver is overhyped until they prove it over the long haul.

kiwitexansfan
09-18-2012, 02:37 AM
Dang, don't think the Falcons did us any favours by beating the Broncos.

Although on the other hand any loss by an AFC contender is a good loss for us.

rolyat93
09-18-2012, 03:12 AM

Although on the other hand any loss by an AFC contender is a good loss for us.

Did you see Peyton's throws? He's still good, but damn that zip is gone.

kiwitexansfan
09-18-2012, 03:41 AM

Haven't seen any of the game yet, MNF is on during my working day over here.

Will try to catch some highlights at least.

Thorn
09-18-2012, 07:17 AM
Why are some of yall taking this prediction **** so seriously? You guys know damn well any team can beat any other team if the circumstances are right. There is no certainty in the NFL.

I predict the Texans win billions and billions to nuttin' when the spirit of Carl Sagen decends upon Denver and the Broncos are lifted away and deposited in the center of the Sun.

TimeKiller
09-18-2012, 07:29 AM
I don't think Denver's D can stop the Texan ground game. Too many little guys, just like the old Colts. I think Peyton will dink and dunk his way into safety, staying clean, keeping the turnovers down but it won't be enough to overcome the defense.

Texans 24
Col...Broncos 16

GP
09-18-2012, 08:25 AM
After the outcome last night, as of today, the Texans and the 49ers are the best teams from their respective conferences.

The other AFC teams that are normally in the top tier have had focus problems.

The Texans could have slept on their two opponents, but we didn't. Great teams take care of business no matter how "routine" or boring that business might be.

We'll win this next game, then the really tricky part of the schedule begins. If we stay injury-free, built momentum each week, this team can go gonzo.

HJam72
09-18-2012, 08:30 AM

It was like watching Schaub playing with a big(ger) forehead (but riskier). :toropalm:

MistaRed
09-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Texans 24 Broncos 20

Running game powers us again. D forces 3 turnovers.

False Start
09-18-2012, 09:28 AM
After last night's game I'm gonna change my mind.

Texans - 35
Broncos - 17

HOU-TEX
09-18-2012, 10:29 AM
After last night's game I'm gonna change my mind.

Texans - 35
Broncos - 17

I'm not going to read too much into last nights game. He started horribly, but turned it around. He just ran out of time. Although, I really like what the Falcons defense did to get him off his mark.

I do think we'll be able to move the ball on their D. As usual, it'll come down to stopping Payton

False Start
09-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Yeah he started off horribly, but I don't think our D will give him a chance to get his $h!t together.

rush2112mn
09-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Manning has not faced this defense before. He saw it from the sideline in Indy....but never was on the field.
Manning has only faced the old 4-3 defense under Bush.
I think our defense is going to have him running around and not able to set and throw.
Should be fun.....Texans 28 Broncos 14

ObsiWan
09-18-2012, 11:24 AM

Like I said in closing. Too close for me to call.

I believe our D is every bit as good as Atlanta's is - if not better - so if they gave Peyton fits, we should too.

Question is which Texans offense will show up; the one that started like molasses in week one or the one that dominated and stayed on the field for nearly 3/4th of the game in week two??

djohn2oo8
09-18-2012, 11:31 AM
Like I said in closing. Too close for me to call.

I believe our D is every bit as good as Atlanta's is - if not better - so if they gave Peyton fits, we should too.

Question is which Texans offense will show up; the one that started like molasses in week one or the one that dominated and stayed on the field for nearly 3/4th of the game in week two??

Miami has a damn good run D. I believe they kept the vanilla offense the first two games because of the quality of opponents. They really didn't need to air it out much. I think this week we'll see if how powerful our offense can be.

Tailgate
09-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Why are some of yall taking this prediction **** so seriously? You guys know damn well any team can beat any other team if the circumstances are right. There is no certainty in the NFL.

I predict the Texans win billions and billions to nuttin' when the spirit of Carl Sagen decends upon Denver and the Broncos are lifted away and deposited in the center of the Sun.

http://www.bit-101.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

:texflag:

disaacks3
09-18-2012, 11:41 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I kinda wished the Broncos had won a squeaker last night. I hate facing good teams coming off tough losses, (historically) they always seem to rebound well against the Texans.

I think this team CAN win, but I predict a close one going to the home team.

Texans - 20

Broncos - 27

TexansFanatic
09-18-2012, 11:45 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I kinda wished the Broncos had won a squeaker last night. I hate facing good teams coming off tough losses, (historically) they always seem to rebound well against the Texans.

Totally agree. The Broncos will be desperate to avoid a 1-2 start. The Texans will be less desperate to avoid a 2-1 start.

Vinny
09-18-2012, 11:56 AM
Totally agree. The Broncos will be desperate to avoid a 1-2 start. The Texans will be less desperate to avoid a 2-1 start.yeah, but this is the time for a statement game. Outside of the playoffs, this is the statement game for us to date. We either swell in the eyes of NFL Nation or we continue to be marginalized like Ron Paul as 'the team from the weak division' early in this season.

TexansFanatic
09-18-2012, 12:00 PM
yeah, but this is the time for a statement game. Outside of the playoffs, this is the statement game for us to date. We either swell in the eyes of NFL Nation or we continue to be marginalized like Ron Paul as 'the team from the weak division' early in this season.

Agree with that as well. As I said in my first post in the thread: if the Texans win this game I'll truly believe they've got what it takes to go the distance.

Winning in Denver is never easy. Winning in Denver against Peyton Manning? That would be special.

DX-TEX
09-18-2012, 12:09 PM
Im sorry I would never wish ill will on another teams players but....Peyton must go down. Repeatedly and hard.

disaacks3
09-18-2012, 12:31 PM
Im sorry I would never wish ill will on another teams players but....Peyton must go down. Repeatedly and hard. Jonathan Vilma agrees with your sentiments. :kitten:

drunkcookie
09-18-2012, 12:35 PM

you're going to learn most of what you learn through film... outside of what audible tendencies are -and that's still tricky and very adjustable- Dreesen wouldn't be able to help much... how in the hell did the Texans score 27 on Washington in 2010 with the former "offensive coordinator" on the other side of the ball?

Fact is there will be the same formation, same motion and same start to a run to the right, Schaub booting to the left, or Schaub faking hand-off with a basic play-action pass... If they run the ball 80% of the time out of a certain formation the film will tell that, they don't need Dreesen to tell them that...

drunkcookie
09-18-2012, 12:41 PM
I have no clue, but like some I hate that Denver's coming off of a loss...

It's just so hard to tell with Manning... the first INT he threw last night I could live with if I were him...I misread some coverage and you know, it happens... the second and third INTs were just bad passes with absolutely nothing on them... It wasn't a bad read, he looked his receiver down and threw the ball at him, but it was as if a 40mph gust of wind rolled through and stalled the ball...in a dome...

DX-TEX
09-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Peytons arm is done, it is completely shot at this point. The adrenaline in week 1 was what helped him then but go rewatch and 95% of his passes were just dinks and dunks. He has no zip left.

HollaIFyaHEMI
09-18-2012, 04:02 PM
The Texans need to employ the exact same defense as the Falcons did. They essentially were testing Peyton's arm. You drop everybody back in coverage and see if he can make NFL throws, which right now it doesn't look like he can. Manning had all the time in the world last night and continued to make bad decisions. Actually they were good decisions, his arm just can't get it there before the hole closes anymore.

BullBlitz
09-18-2012, 06:44 PM
I expect Denver to make the adjustments needed to allow Manning to be as effective as possible, and get the rebound win at home. Denver is a pretty decent team, and they held in there adequately vs a tough Atlanta team after all of Manning's mistakes. I expect them to get a little better and more comfortable with the new offense every week. So this week is a risk.

By the way, watching these replacement refs is pretty entertaining. I've never seen anything quite like it in pro sports; as they don't know or enforce pro rules, they apply college penalties, and never seem to know what each other is doing. Then the players start yelling and fighting, the coaches are jumping up and down and screaming such that veins are popping out of their neck to no avail. And after the game, the coaches and players still have to bite their tongue and not criticize them. What a fiasco.

I sure hope they stick around a while.

luvdatsteelblu
09-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Mannings passes did look like he was throwing into the wind. Not a good spiral at all. I think this is the week coach doesn't take his foot off the gas and we win 39-17.

ObsiWan
09-19-2012, 04:12 AM
The Texans need to employ the exact same defense as the Falcons did. They essentially were testing Peyton's arm. You drop everybody back in coverage and see if he can make NFL throws, which right now it doesn't look like he can. Manning had all the time in the world last night and continued to make bad decisions. Actually they were good decisions, his arm just can't get it there before the hole closes anymore.

I get what you're saying but I have to disagree. If the Evil Peyton has seen it once, he'll figure it out and recognize it the second time around. As evidence I direct you to the 4th qtr of that game when he almost brought Denver back.

No... you gotta switch it up on Peyton. Better yet, control the clock and keep his big head in a baseball cap on the sideline.

rolyat93
09-19-2012, 11:53 AM
Peytons arm is done, it is completely shot at this point. The adrenaline in week 1 was what helped him then but go rewatch and 95% of his passes were just dinks and dunks. He has no zip left.

I know we're supposed to hate him for kicking our ass for 10 years, but it's pretty sad to watch.:dangit:

TejasTom
09-19-2012, 12:50 PM
...he'll figure it out and recognize it the second time around. As evidence I direct you to the 4th qtr of that game when he almost brought Denver back.

I think Atlanta was playing more traditional in the 4th and not doing as much disguise they coverage.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

HollaIFyaHEMI
09-19-2012, 01:01 PM
I get what you're saying but I have to disagree. If the Evil Peyton has seen it once, he'll figure it out and recognize it the second time around. As evidence I direct you to the 4th qtr of that game when he almost brought Denver back.

No... you gotta switch it up on Peyton. Better yet, control the clock and keep his big head in a baseball cap on the sideline.

The problem is not Peyton's decision making. It is his arm. He cannot fit it through holes deep in the secondary anymore, period. The DBs have way too much time to close on the football.

I guarantee you if we lose this game, it will be because we come out in our base defense and play the blitz game like we always do. Yes, we may get to Manning a few times, but he is going to start hitting those 5-10 yards slants over the middle all day. That is what he excels at.

Also, the only thing bringing that football team back in the 4th quarter was Willis McGahee and that awesome O-Line. If you noticed, in the second half, Peyton relegated his O-Line to calling out the coverage. I have never seen that before. Also, If not for his running back Willis MaGahee running up to him and tapping him saying "Give me the GD BALL!!?!@!", TWICE, Peyton would have audibled out of those run plays on the Goal Line to that stupid sprint play to Stokley or a lob to DT.

OilerTexan
09-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Texans 20
Broncos 16

Vegas odds are going with Texans.

For some odd reason, it feels like we'll lose this one. But I think we have a better defense and a better offense than Denver.

Remember in the divisional playoffs last year our D playing tough, and Denver's laying down and giving up 35 points in the first half to NE?

Seņor Stan
09-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Texans 33
Broncos 13

Another 20 pt win...

EllisUnit
09-19-2012, 02:21 PM
I expect Denver to make the adjustments needed to allow Manning to be as effective as possible, and get the rebound win at home. Denver is a pretty decent team, and they held in there adequately vs a tough Atlanta team after all of Manning's mistakes. I expect them to get a little better and more comfortable with the new offense every week. So this week is a risk.

By the way, watching these replacement refs is pretty entertaining. I've never seen anything quite like it in pro sports; as they don't know or enforce pro rules, they apply college penalties, and never seem to know what each other is doing. Then the players start yelling and fighting, the coaches are jumping up and down and screaming such that veins are popping out of their neck to no avail. And after the game, the coaches and players still have to bite their tongue and not criticize them. What a fiasco.

I sure hope they stick around a while.

You said the same thing about the jags last week. Look what happened there. Can't you ever just give the texans credit, maybe they are just good and can now put teams away

infantrycak
09-19-2012, 02:24 PM
You said the same thing about the jags last week. Look what happened there. Can't you ever just give the texans credit, maybe they are just good and can now put teams away

Have you ever seen BullBlitz post anything positive about the Texans?

I am sure somewhere out there are a few arguable exceptions but as a general matter it is all negative.

The Pencil Neck
09-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Texans 33
Broncos 13

Another 20 pt win...

I like how you think.

BullBlitz
09-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Have you ever seen BullBlitz post anything positive about the Texans?

I am sure somewhere out there are a few arguable exceptions but as a general matter it is all negative.

No, it's not. I just don't belong the Homer Club.

drs23
09-19-2012, 10:09 PM

Perhaps you should get some rose colored glasses and join the club. Seems like a great year to make the move. :kitten: :tiphat:

infantrycak
09-20-2012, 12:15 AM

Find yourself a homer statement by me within the 2012 calender year and I will find you twenty piss on your own toes statements by you. It won't even be difficult.

gtexan02
09-20-2012, 12:19 AM
Find yourself a homer statement by me within the 2012 calender year and I will find you twenty piss on your own toes statements by you. It won't even be difficult.

He strikes me as the type that goes against the grain because its not the popular thing to do, and then when we eventually lose a game, he'll say "See? I was right" As the odds are we will lose a game this season, its only a matter of time.

A broken clock is right twice a day

MEGA SWATT
09-20-2012, 12:39 AM
Texans 3
Broncos 0

:goodpost:

TheMatrix31
09-20-2012, 03:14 AM
Make sure you get them off the field on third down.

Key to beating Peyton. Screw the Dallas Clark bull****. Or, should I say, the Dreesen/Tamme bull****.

Seņor Stan
09-20-2012, 06:22 AM

More like the Patty and Selma club.

Texans Spirit
09-20-2012, 07:07 AM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=841&dateline=1294433345

off topic a bit, love your avatar Seenyor Stahn, brah. "im steel heer, El Guapo. (bang)" lmao

here we see El Guapo delighted with the Texans jersey he got for his birthday party in the desert.

b0ng
09-20-2012, 02:35 PM

Oh look, its you being that guy again. Gotta have somebody with an edgy opinion to keep us fans in check.

HOU-TEX
09-20-2012, 02:43 PM
Hmm, interesting way to get ready for Dumerville and Miller. Hopefully it works, especially with Newton

Per Twitter:
Kubiak: RT Derek Newton facing quickest guys he's seen this yr. We've practiced with our OLB's offsides, to simulate Denver speed.

Mr teX
09-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Hmm, interesting way to get ready for Dumerville and Miller. Hopefully it works, especially with Newton

Per Twitter:

It won't matter what they do if he keeps bending at the waist too much like he's been doing. They'll swim right over him & he'll fall flat on his face.