PDA

View Full Version : Schaub or Luck for the rest of this season ONLY.

gafftop
09-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Just curious if Luck had gone through the preseaon with us
Who would you want for the rest of THIS Season only? I think all of us would take Luck long term (may be wrong) but how about just for the rest of this season?

GlenRice
09-16-2012, 02:11 PM
I would take Yates over luck since he has one more year of familiarity with the offense.

alphajoker
09-16-2012, 03:01 PM
No brainer...Schaub. Next.

EllisUnit
09-16-2012, 03:11 PM
we are 2-0 What the hell kind of thread is this ???

HJam72
09-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Schwaubie.

alphajoker
09-16-2012, 03:19 PM

lol

BullBlitz
09-16-2012, 03:20 PM
I would be fine with either one. Luck would be very effective with our talent surrounding him, just Schaub would struggle with the Colts.

Line_Producer
09-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Just curious if JOHN ELWAY had gone through the preseaon with us
Who would you want for the rest of THIS Season only? I think all of us would take ELWAY long term (may be wrong) but how about just for the rest of this season?

Seriously? We got a win, Schaub played great. Let's celebrate and not sound like we have Locker or Gabbert as our QB.

:vincepalm:

Honoring Earl 34
09-16-2012, 03:32 PM
:vincepalm::vincepalm::vincepalm:

Showtime100
09-16-2012, 03:33 PM

A really stupid one designed to get attention? I don't know, bu that's my guess.

Ryan
09-16-2012, 03:35 PM
:backsout:

HJam72
09-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Just curious if JOHN ELWAY had gone through the preseaon with us
Who would you want for the rest of THIS Season only? I think all of us would take ELWAY long term (may be wrong) but how about just for the rest of this season?

Seriously? We got a win, Schaub played great. Let's celebrate and not sound like we have Locker or Gabbert as our QB.

:vincepalm:

John Elway is old. :)

Showtime100
09-16-2012, 03:37 PM
John Elway is old. :)

I don't think that was his point.

(just playing around)

houstonspartan
09-16-2012, 03:41 PM
You're asking whether I'd take our seasoned, veteran, smart, experienced QB that runs this offense like a machine over a rookie that has played two games in the NFL?

Seriously, dude?

Mr. Texan
09-16-2012, 03:46 PM
http://laurenoutloud.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/smh.gif

Pantherstang84
09-16-2012, 03:50 PM

/thread

TheMatrix31
09-16-2012, 04:19 PM
There's a reason I have OP on ignore.

Dutchrudder
09-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Who would you want for the rest of THIS Season only? I think all of us would take Luck long term (may be wrong) but how about just for the rest of this season?

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr14/themishkin/GIFs/clint_ew.gif

DBCooper
09-16-2012, 04:23 PM
gafftop, are you high?

No, seriously!

Ryan
09-16-2012, 04:31 PM

msr.

Topher
09-16-2012, 04:32 PM
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/Shadowfire-X/thread_eject.jpg

Showtime100
09-16-2012, 05:01 PM
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Pet%20Funny%20Misc/trek_hmm.gif

ThaJokaa
09-16-2012, 05:07 PM
this thread

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh600/Rodman2124/swatt.gif

JamesBill
09-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Quarterback hater jamesbill here! When i hate on qb's i love to hate on schaub, but he has been above hate thus far

EllisUnit
09-16-2012, 05:20 PM
OK guys very serious question..........

Our defense or the Browns defense :whip:

Thats the kind of question u just asked G...^^^ you agree my above question is dumb.

Showtime100
09-16-2012, 05:24 PM

Thats the kind of question u just asked G...^^^ you agree my above question is dumb.

My answer to that?

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Pet%20Funny%20Misc/MenInTraining3.jpg

:D

ATXtexanfan
09-16-2012, 05:40 PM
Luck duh. More upside. Plus the kid has the brain to pick up the system in an off-season. Plus he has the arm for plays schaub doesn't. Honestly RGlll would be nasty in this system with the talent around him. Anyone notice schaubs happy feet today? Just asking

EllisUnit
09-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Luck duh. More upside. Plus the kid has the brain to pick up the system in an off-season. Plus he has the arm for plays schaub doesn't. Honestly RGlll would be nasty in this system with the talent around him. Anyone notice schaubs happy feet today? Just asking

Although he did look good today, lets not forget this is also the team the jags almost beat, the same team that made Gabbert look "Improved". Not gonna give him a key to the HOF yet. Based on previous seasons and our 2-0 record i would take schaub. Luck threw 3 picks against the bears who looked good 1 game.

thunderkyss
09-16-2012, 07:13 PM

Not exactly.

I understand the initial reaction to the OP & I agree. This is a complicated offense & Gary has his ways. I don't know that Luck would come in & command this offense the way he appears to have a handle on Indy's.

However, Luck is one talented mofo, much more talented than Schaub. I personally wouldn't trade Luck's talent for Matt's proficiency in our offense & I think that is what gafftop was asking.

Would you take Luck's athleticism over Matt's proficiency?
The Browns defense doesn't have one advantage over ours.

Matt made a few head's up plays today, keeping plays alive, moving the chains. If he keeps that up, keep doing it on a consistent basis, I (a lukewarm Schaub fan) will find it hard to vote against him.

Allstar
09-16-2012, 07:16 PM
This season only should be Schaub no questions. From now until forever it should be Luck no questions.

GP
09-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Colts installed the Stanford system and the Redskins installed the Baylor system. Both in order to help their QB.

And Schaub is running Kubiak's system.

I'll take Schaub on this question.

houstonspartan
09-16-2012, 08:12 PM
Colts installed the Stanford system and the Redskins installed the Baylor system. Both in order to help their QB.

And Schaub is running Kubiak's system.

I'll take Schaub on this question.

Exactly. Kubiak's offense is complex, and our QB has mastered it. No way I'd take Luck.

People want to hand Luck and Griffith (Can't stand the RGIII nickname nonsense) a Lombardi Trophy. I say let's wait at least until they've played a full season before we start fitting them for championship rings.

Nawzer
09-16-2012, 08:21 PM
I would take Schluck.

aussie_texan
09-16-2012, 08:47 PM
:toropalm:

AndreJohnson's
09-16-2012, 09:48 PM
I think we are perfectly fine with Schaub for this year. C'mon! We are 2-0. We don't need luck because we have skill. I don't really think getting rid of schaub and just relying on luck that our backup would be good is a good thing. Never rely on luck.

HJam72
09-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Undefeated isn't good enough. We need to give up some wins for a flashy name at QB. :brando:

Speedy
09-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Undefeated isn't good enough. We need to give up some wins for a flashy name at QB. :brando:

Undefeated and winning by 20 every week at that.

thunderkyss
09-16-2012, 10:37 PM

Worked for the Colts.

HJam72
09-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Worked for the Colts.

True.

GP
09-17-2012, 12:07 AM
In essence, the Colts and Redskins gave up.

They said, " Aw geez, screw it! We aren't going to ever be able to get a QB to fit us. We'll bend to the QB and do things THEIR way."

That Mike Shanahan gave up, and installed the RGIII Baylor offense...is comical. Desperation time. It might work, granted, but it might not.

Same with the Colts.

Meanwhile, we have a pretty nice system that draws rave reviews from those who know what good NFL offenses look like. D- coordinators are never able to fully defend against it.

I think raw talent, like Cam Newton and RGIII, can maybe push things to the point they get their team to the top echelon.

Luck? He has his work cut out for him. There's a reason Stanford wasn't in the mix for a national title...Luck is not Superman. He just looks like a solid QB to me, not the x- factor he was made out to be. I think there's going to be some major letdown out there at the end if the season.

Texecutioner
09-17-2012, 09:40 AM
I would take Yates over luck since he has one more year of familiarity with the offense.

I hope this is a joke. If not, this has got to be one of the most homerish statements I've seen in here.

2slik4u
09-17-2012, 10:13 AM
Not sure what the point of this hypothetical thread is but I would say that there is no question...Schaub.

I have only read thru a few of the posts in this thread but are there people out there that think that Luck is a better QB at this point?

There is no way.

The kid has a very tall cieling and an absolute cannon of an arm but he is a rookie and is showing it in the first two weeks.

I want the Houston defense to do to Luck what the rest of the NFL did to HWNSNBM. Sack him. Hit him. Make him run for cover and be afraid every snap.

When a QB gets sacked repeatedly it turns into a vicious cycle of "run for cover". I want the Colts to lose the next 7 years before they finally cut Luck.

I know, I know. Wishful thinking but I feel our defense can have the upper hand in this battle for years to come. In the past we built our defense to stop Peyton Manning. We are now at that point. Now Luck needs to hone his skills to beat our defense.

ckhouston
09-17-2012, 10:23 AM

Actually Yates has five more years of familiarity, he ran the same basic offense at NC.

Double Barrel
09-17-2012, 10:25 AM
I hope this is a joke. If not, this has got to be one of the most homerish statements I've seen in here.

I know you hate TJ, but c'mon, he's at least won a playoff game and Luck has a mere two pro games under his belt. I think it's a valid debate that does not merit a homer-blast.

ckhouston
09-17-2012, 10:27 AM
I know you hate TJ, but c'mon, he's at least won a playoff game and Luck has a mere two pro games under his belt. I think it's a valid debate that does not merit a homer-blast.

Shouldnt be a debate at all.

Anyone who knows the game takes Yates.

utahmark
09-17-2012, 11:32 AM

Have you seen Luck play this year?

DBCooper
09-17-2012, 11:40 AM

The Luck vs TJ is a much better thread than the original!

I'd take Luck over TJ. Yates handled himself well last year, but Luck looks like a good starting QB for alot of years.

2slik4u
09-17-2012, 12:59 PM
The Luck vs TJ is a much better thread than the original!

I'd take Luck over TJ. Yates handled himself well last year, but Luck looks like a good starting QB for alot of years.

This isnt asking about the future, it says the season ONLY. I would go with Yates based on the fact that he knows our offense.

Speedy
09-17-2012, 01:25 PM
This isnt asking about the future, it says the season ONLY. I would go with Yates based on the fact that he knows our offense.

Knowing the offense and executing it are 2 different things. I think Luck has a lot more upside, even this season, than Yates has even if he was named starter tomorrow.

buddyboy
09-17-2012, 02:26 PM

I don't know...the argument could be made. If the Texans are pushing for a Superbowl THIS YEAR, then the argument could be made that Yates is preferable (if Schaub is injured).

I still don't know if I could buy into that though.

ckhouston
09-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Have you seen Luck play this year?

Yes, but he is a rookie who doesnt know our system. For one year the logical choice is Yates.

speedfreek
09-17-2012, 04:51 PM
I vote for gimp foot!

TJ

Norg
09-17-2012, 04:52 PM
Luck beat da viqueens lets not go NUTZZZZ LOL

DBCooper
09-17-2012, 05:43 PM

Not impressed by Yates at all.

Luck would have done better than TJ last year in the same situation I believe.

thunderkyss
09-17-2012, 10:28 PM
Not impressed by Yates at all.

Luck would have done better than TJ last year in the same situation I believe.

With Kubiak calling the shots? I don't know. He pretty much neutered the play-book with the rookie, I don't know if it mattered much who the rookie was. His job was on the line.

ObsiWan
09-18-2012, 12:36 AM
Seems like we've changed the question the OP posed...

If the question is still Luck or Schaub - for this season only... the answer is Schaub.

If the new question is Luck or Yates for this season only... I think Yates is the answer... ...but not by much.

Now that QB combo implies Schaub's Lisfranc thing would take all this season to heal properly so he'd be back next season
AND somehow we got Luck out of the draft
AND we still had Yates on the roster - meaning we had both from OTAs on... then I think Yates would have an edge going into OTAs but I wouldn't be surprised if Luck doesn't push Yates hard preseason and steal the starter's job if Yates fails to improve significantly (as he did this preseason). Five years in the same or similar system and he still looks lost at times.

2012Champs
09-18-2012, 12:22 PM
I know stats arent everything but I still like to look at them just to pull in some info

Yates career

110/189 58.2% 4 TDs 6ints 4 fumbles

Luck

43/76 56.6% 3 TDs 3ints 1 fumble

Luck's data is a small subset so it is harder to work with but given Id say our offense last year even without Schaub was better than the colts currently. If I had to pick between the two Id pick Luck by that stats there doesnt seem tobe much downside and I think there is far greater upside

HollaIFyaHEMI
09-18-2012, 12:47 PM
If you mean Andrew Luck, the guy who threw 3 picks vs the Bears, and followed it up with an ok performance against a defense that made Blaine Gabbert look like a pro, then oh yeah....I want him THIS year over Schaub.

2012Champs
09-18-2012, 12:49 PM
If you mean Andrew Luck, the guy who threw 3 picks vs the Bears, and followed it up with an ok performance against a defense that made Blaine Gabbert look like a pro, then oh yeah....I want him THIS year over Schaub.

If you take Lucks name out and put in Yates change some team names around it would sound like last year

HollaIFyaHEMI
09-18-2012, 01:38 PM
If you take Lucks name out and put in Yates change some team names around it would sound like last year

Exactly. I think Luck gives us a better chance than TJ though, just due to his natural talent.

Bulls on Parade
09-18-2012, 01:49 PM
I'd rather have RG3 over Luck.

gafftop
09-18-2012, 02:29 PM
I'd rather have RG3 over Luck.

Yeah I have been thinking if I gave the choices as Matt, or Griffin would the response change?

Decided against it, but since you brought it up????

Matt or Griffin??

HOU-TEX
09-18-2012, 02:40 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/1238512613_guy-humping-a-tree.gif

HollaIFyaHEMI
09-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Yeah I have been thinking if I gave the choices as Matt, or Griffin would the response change?

Decided against it, but since you brought it up????

Matt or Griffin??

Dude, I so want that guy who destroyed those powerful defenses in NO and STL

ckhouston
09-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Matt or Griffin??

How is that even a question?

Griffin III hands down.

Texecutioner
09-18-2012, 06:13 PM

Dude you've got to be kidding me. Yates is nothing but a career back up that would get laughed at in any conversation outside of Houston if any of you tried comparing him to Luck. Luck is well on his way to being a top 10 QB by next season if not this season possibly. THeir names should never even be in the same sentence. I can't believe you would defend such a ridiculous notion honestly. I don't care if Luck was still a sophmore. He is a 100 times the QB that Yates will ever be and within a year or so he'll be a better QB then Schaub most likely. But Yates?? That isn't even debatable for any rationale football conversation. Not at all. And I don't hate him. I just hate the homerish nonsense about TJ yates being anything other then a perennial back up on the Texans. People on this site seem to really overrate certain Texans players. I know it's a Texans site, but objectivity should be still be of importance here.

Texecutioner
09-18-2012, 06:16 PM

And you clearly are having trouble here. If Yates had anywhere near that type of potential for even one year, people from all over the league would say that Yates needed to start over Schaub. Yates is a guy that might not have been drafted if it wasn't for the interest in the Texans in their 6th round. He didn't show anything close to suggest that he could make the kind of plays needed to go all the way. Luck is arguably top 15 already to me just from watching the guy. Yates is a career back up that killed the Texans in the playoffs when his arm was needed.

2012Champs
09-18-2012, 06:37 PM

In Yates win he was 11/20 for 159 yards 1 td so we can't act like he killed it,it would seem to me that foster with 153 rushing yards rushing and our d helped win us the game and Yates played an okay game which means he didn't goof up bad enough to lose.

drs23
09-18-2012, 06:46 PM
And you clearly are having trouble here. If Yates had anywhere near that type of potential for even one year, people from all over the league would say that Yates needed to start over Schaub. Yates is a guy that might not have been drafted if it wasn't for the interest in the Texans in their 6th round. He didn't show anything close to suggest that he could make the kind of plays needed to go all the way. Luck is arguably top 15 already to me just from watching the guy. Yates is a career back up that killed the Texans in the playoffs when his arm was needed.

It's been a while so refresh my memory. Who got us into the playoffs to begin with? I don't recall it being luck or lucky. It looked like skill to me.

But then, that's just me. :)

2012Champs
09-18-2012, 06:52 PM
It's been a while so refresh my memory. Who got us into the playoffs to begin with? I don't recall it being luck or lucky. It looked like skill to me.

But then, that's just me. :)

Who got us into the playoffs? Our defense and running game.

Showtime100
09-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Wow. No love for Yates. Yates did a fine job last year under the pressure of a franchise starving for a playoff berth WITH Bud's team nipping at their heels. Losing the division to Tennessee last year would have been a catastophic blow to the Texans and their fans.

With all that Yates sailed down the Cincinnati field - with help of a flag or two - to seal the deal.

I get this is a Luck vs Yates thing, but I've seen more Yates and I'm biased. Luck is better, but Yates made my year last year, screw Luck. :D

I remember what you did, TJ, thanks!!

2012Champs
09-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Wow. No love for Yates. Yates did a fine job last year under the pressure of a franchise starving for a playoff berth WITH Bud's team nipping at their heels. Losing the division to Tennessee last year would have been a catastophic blow to the Texans and their fans.

With all that Yates sailed down the Cincinnati field - with help of a flag or two - to seal the deal.

I get this is a Luck vs Yates thing, but I've seen more Yates and I'm biased. Luck is better, but Yates made my year last year, screw Luck. :D

I remember what you did, TJ, thanks!!

Sailed down the field to seal the deal? We were winning 17-10 at the half 24-10 after the 3rd and won 31-10 so let's not make out some game defining drive by yates

GP
09-18-2012, 07:18 PM

Now THIS is how you make a splash when new to the message board.

You had a post somewhere else that enjoyed a lot too.

Good posts, Hemi!!!

Showtime100
09-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Sailed down the field to seal the deal? We were winning 17-10 at the half 24-10 after the 3rd and won 31-10 so let's not make out some game defining drive by yates

Geezus man. Go back and read the post and see I'm talking about the clincher in Cincinnati. Why else would I include Tennessee and starving for a playoff berth in the post?

20-19, December 11, 2011 in case you are wondering.

GP
09-18-2012, 07:33 PM
I uh sort of have to scale back my Yates fervor.

I had thought that IF we didn't have Schaub, that Yates would look like a better QB by virtue of a full offseason and full camp.

I don't know why, but he looked worse in preseason this year. I don't care if he had scrubs alongside him...he was playing AGAINST scrubs across from him, and he didn't do anything special or even remotely competent.

I also thought Jacoby Jones, heading into 2011, was going to have a breakthrough year. Wrong.

I root for no player anymore because of that. LOL.

Schaub is not perfect, but he's the best QB in the AFCS. You can tell he knows that all he has to do is stay smart. He has a focus right now that can end up being a huge "it" factor.

Texan_Bill
09-18-2012, 07:49 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/1238512613_guy-humping-a-tree.gif

DUDE!! I'm all woodied up!!

If "if" were a fifth, we'd all be effed up!!! I'll take George Blanda FTW!!!!

SCOTTexans
09-18-2012, 08:16 PM
Does anyone else think that Luck talks like the Sloth from The Goonies?

ObsiWan
09-19-2012, 03:56 AM
I uh sort of have to scale back my Yates fervor.

I had thought that IF we didn't have Schaub, that Yates would look like a better QB by virtue of a full offseason and full camp.

I don't know why, but he looked worse in preseason this year. I don't care if he had scrubs alongside him...he was playing AGAINST scrubs across from him, and he didn't do anything special or even remotely competent.

QFT!!!

If Yates was "all that" he should have lifted the level of play of those "scrubs" around him during those P/S games. He didn't. And when you think about it, our 2nd team isn't all that bad... Ben Tate/Justin Forsett @ RB, Jean & KMart (sometimes) at WR, Garrett Graham @ TE... dude had some weapons... didn't seem to use them properly. One full year plus a full set of OTAs/training camp sessions in our system AND, as some have pointed out, four years of college ball in a similar system. Yet no appreciable progress this preseason. Tex is right, if the light doesn't come on soon, Yates is staring at being catagorized as a career backup.

No way I pick him over Schaub for this season.

And the Yates vs. Luck comparison cannot be for one season only, both are too young. They would represent the future. So if Schaub was hurt such that we had to make that choice, it would be Luck in a landslide.

2012Champs
09-19-2012, 07:17 AM
Geezus man. Go back and read the post and see I'm talking about the clincher in Cincinnati. Why else would I include Tennessee and starving for a playoff berth in the post?

20-19, December 11, 2011 in case you are wondering.

Sorry I overlooked that I was in playoff mode

Showtime100
09-19-2012, 07:51 AM
Sorry I overlooked that I was in playoff mode

Me too...lol. I was in quitting smoking mode last night. Day 20 today and one would think I would be doing better, but last night I was tense.

Have a good one today. :tiphat:

HollaIFyaHEMI
09-19-2012, 09:33 AM
Now THIS is how you make a splash when new to the message board.

You had a post somewhere else that enjoyed a lot too.

Good posts, Hemi!!!

Thank you for the welcome! Been a fan since 2002, but new to these boards. I am glad I found a place where the knowledge of my team is comparable and in most cases superior to my own. HT.com is torture, and BRB is not the message board format like I like. I need a greenie to start me off here soon! See yall around!

DBCooper
09-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Does anyone else think that Luck talks like the Sloth from The Goonies?

I knew there was something familiar there, but I just couldn't place him.

Thanks!

Texecutioner
09-19-2012, 06:27 PM
QFT!!!

If Yates was "all that" he should have lifted the level of play of those "scrubs" around him during those P/S games. He didn't. And when you think about it, our 2nd team isn't all that bad... Ben Tate/Justin Forsett @ RB, Jean & KMart (sometimes) at WR, Garrett Graham @ TE... dude had some weapons... didn't seem to use them properly. One full year plus a full set of OTAs/training camp sessions in our system AND, as some have pointed out, four years of college ball in a similar system. Yet no appreciable progress this preseason. Tex is right, if the light doesn't come on soon, Yates is staring at being catagorized as a career backup.

No way I pick him over Schaub for this season.

And the Yates vs. Luck comparison cannot be for one season only, both are too young. They would represent the future. So if Schaub was hurt such that we had to make that choice, it would be Luck in a landslide.

Yeah, what is this whole "experience" angle here that people are trying to use with Yates? Lol! Yates played in a hand full of games as a rookie only because he was pulled up there after two QB's went down. All Yates did the majority of the time was hand the ball off and make check down passes and was told not to screw it up. The Texans became a one dimensional team with no passing threat at all under Yates. The minute Yates was asked to beat a team with his arm in a high stakes game in the post season he threw a ton of picks. And apparently people didn't pay much attention to the guy in pre season this year, because he looked just as awful as the 6th round pick he is.

Luck already looks like a top 15 QB if you ask me. Sure he'll have some growing pains, but this kid looks light years ahead of most rookie QB's even on a bad team. He'll have a learning curve, but it will be a small one, and Luck is already making a ton of impressive plays. To even remotely act like Yates would be a better option then Luck on a great team like the Texans right now is laughable. Luck's arm is fantastic and he can improvise really well. I hate that we're going to have to deal with that guy for the next 15 years.

Rey
09-20-2012, 07:35 AM
You guys are wrong about Yates. I don't know if he ever becomes a good starting qb, but his play off experience is pretty big.

Also, he did not just hand the ball off and check down. Yates went down the field quite a bit...maybe more than he should have.

As far as pre season...he may have had weapons to throw to, but you guys seem to have selective memory. The back up o lines (and even the starting line at times) were porous. Extremely porous.

And actually overall he wasn't terrible. Was he as good as schaub? No. Not close. But I think you guys are being too harsh on tj. He does a lot of good things.

2012Champs
09-20-2012, 07:46 AM
You guys are wrong about Yates. I don't know if he ever becomes a good starting qb, but his play off experience is pretty big.

Also, he did not just hand the ball off and check down. Yates went down the field quite a bit...maybe more than he should have.

As far as pre season...he may have had weapons to throw to, but you guys seem to have selective memory. The back up o lines (and even the starting line at times) were porous. Extremely porous.

And actually overall he wasn't terrible. Was he as good as schaub? No. Not close. But I think you guys are being too harsh on tj. He does a lot of good things.

How big is his playoff experiance really? He threw 1td 3ints and had a 50% comp rate. I'd say the experiance doesn't mean much given his lack of consistant in game time. Fwiw in the preseason he may have been in with our seconds but it wasn't like he was going against firsts

Perki-Perk
09-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Gafftop is the Jacoby Jones of Texanstalk....

ObsiWan
09-20-2012, 06:05 PM
Gafftop is the Jacoby Jones of Texanstalk....

Now, now... no need to be nasty.
:bubbles:

ObsiWan
09-20-2012, 06:07 PM

There was some talk around here during the lull between the draft and OTAs that Schaub should be put on the PUP list (or traded outright) and Yates was stellar enough start in his place.

Was that you???
:thinking:

76Texan
09-20-2012, 06:40 PM
Luck already looks like a top 15 QB if you ask me. Sure he'll have some growing pains, but this kid looks light years ahead of most rookie QB's even on a bad team. He'll have a learning curve, but it will be a small one, and Luck is already making a ton of impressive plays. To even remotely act like Yates would be a better option then Luck on a great team like the Texans right now is laughable. Luck's arm is fantastic and he can improvise really well. I hate that we're going to have to deal with that guy for the next 15 years.

True, his arm is good, really good.
True, he can improvise very well.
True, he's ahead of many rookie QBs (but to me, he's behind RG III and Wilson).

However, I disagree that he already looks like a top 15 QB.

Forget about his first game.
In his second game, he barely escaped an INT throwing into double coverage.
He then took a 22-yd sack that gave the Vikings enough field position to tie the score.

The "come-back" included 2 throws of roughly 20 yards each into void of coverage, just enough for a 53-yd FG.

This is against a defense that doesn't have enough between the front 7 and the back 4 (or 6 and 5 in a nickle package).

Yes, Luck did enough as a rookie in his second game to show that he has a very good chance to be good in the long run, but top 15 this year, nah, I kinda doubt it. I wonder what kind of criteria is set for this kind of evaluation to start with.

And let's not forget that Luck also had 3 years in the WCO; he's no stranger to it.
The Colts even brought in his teammate Fleener to help in the continuity of the system.

Rey
09-20-2012, 06:44 PM
There was some talk around here during the lull between the draft and OTAs that Schaub should be put on the PUP list (or traded outright) and Yates was stellar enough start in his place.

Was that you???

No it wasn't me. Was it you?

ObsiWan
09-20-2012, 08:11 PM
No it wasn't me. Was it you?

Nope. I was (and still am) in the "Yates needs a bunch more seasoning" camp.

To be straight about it, I didn't think it was you. That's why I asked. I think it was ck - among others - but I'm not completely sure and don't feel like looking back.

Not at all worth starting a :slapfight: over

Dutchrudder
09-20-2012, 11:10 PM

Was that you???

I'm pretty sure that was Norg...

:kitten:

2012Champs
09-21-2012, 08:52 AM
Im pretty sure there were many people on the Yates train last season, it was crowded and an overreaction

TexansLucky13
09-21-2012, 08:55 AM
I'm still on the Yates train

:backsout:

DBCooper
09-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Nope. I was (and still am) in the "Yates needs a bunch more seasoning" camp.

To be straight about it, I didn't think it was you. That's why I asked. I think it was ck - among others - but I'm not completely sure and don't feel like looking back.

Not at all worth starting a :slapfight: over

I'm with you.

Wouldn't be surprised if they went after another QB in the offseason in some fashion.

drs23
09-21-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm not sure I was on the Yates Train but I did state on occasion that I thought he "would surprise some folks" and he did. He got us a win in the playoffs.

That said I agree with several other posters who've stated that he didn't look as crisp and sharp this preseason as he did in the two Cinncy games. Then there's the 'deer in the headlights' showing we got against the Ravens, the best defense he'd faced to date. Ed Reed has done that to way more experienced QBs than just this 5th round rookie. I'm still not ready to say he'll never be more than a lifetime back up. I still believe he has to potential to become a lot better.

I guess this is one of those 'only time will tell' instances. We'll all know about the same time I reckon. :shades:

2012Champs
09-21-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm not sure I was on the Yates Train but I did state on occasion that I thought he "would surprise some folks" and he did. He got us a win in the playoffs.

That said I agree with several other posters who've stated that he didn't look as crisp and sharp this preseason as he did in the two Cinncy games. Then there's the 'deer in the headlights' showing we got against the Ravens, the best defense he'd faced to date. Ed Reed has done that to way more experienced QBs than just this 5th round rookie. I'm still not ready to say he'll never be more than a lifetime back up. I still believe he has to potential to become a lot better.

I guess this is one of those 'only time will tell' instances. We'll all know about the same time I reckon. :shades:

What QB wouldnt have gotten us that playoff win? He was 11/20 for 159 yards and a TD

We rushed 1.75 times per pass attempt, we gained more yards on the ground than we did through the air, we had 2 rushing TDs, 1 defensive TD, a fg and 3 ints. I think Yates played well enough to not cost us the game which was pretty much the job he was placed with the entire time as a starter. To say he got us a playoff win would be greatly overstating what he did in that game and undercutting what the rest of the team did

The Pencil Neck
09-21-2012, 10:42 AM

Was that you???

No, that was me. And it was only if Schaub wasn't 100% or if there was any fear about Schaub's ability to remain healthy. I was afraid he wouldn't be totally healthy when TC rolled around.

I believe, and still do, that Yates could have game-managed us to a winning record in the first 6 games of the season. We would have lost more games than we will with Schaub but I'd expect us to still end up with a winning record.

But Schaub is healthy and was healthy for training camp.

76Texan
09-21-2012, 10:49 AM
What QB wouldnt have gotten us that playoff win? He was 11/20 for 159 yards and a TD

We rushed 1.75 times per pass attempt, we gained more yards on the ground than we did through the air, we had 2 rushing TDs, 1 defensive TD, a fg and 3 ints. I think Yates played well enough to not cost us the game which was pretty much the job he was placed with the entire time as a starter. To say he got us a playoff win would be greatly overstating what he did in that game and undercutting what the rest of the team did

So what if he didn't do it all by himself?

You think David Carr would have gotten the job done for you, fine, go cheer for him, LOL! (just a joke, OK)

And it's not like he's not capable of beating the Bungals.
You must have forgotten how we won the regular season game against them.

Foster was 15-41 for an average 2.7 ypc and he fumbled the ball in the 4th quarter losing 23 yards in the process.
That was the difference between a FG and a TD as Yates took the Texans to just outside the Bengals 15.
And that drive didn't stop short because of Yates either.
On first down, he was pressured directly on the roll out and had to throw the ball away.
Tate then gained one single yard on second down.
D. Brown was beaten by a spin move on third down, forcing Yates to throw another completion.

But that's alright, because Yates was responsible for every single of the 80 yards on the next drive that ended with the winning TD.

Are you sitting here telling me that Yates can't win against the Bengals?

In fact, the only games he lost was the one against the Panthers and the Ravens.

The refs cost us one game and Yates handed Delhome a lead when he left the field in the last game of the season.

So yeah, it's fine that you don't like him, but I do and for good reasons.

2012Champs
09-21-2012, 11:12 AM
So what if he didn't do it all by himself?

You think David Carr would have gotten the job done for you, fine, go cheer for him, LOL! (just a joke, OK)

And it's not like he's not capable of beating the Bungals.
You must have forgotten how we won the regular season game against them.

Foster was 15-41 for an average 2.7 ypc and he fumbled the ball in the 4th quarter losing 23 yards in the process.
That was the difference between a FG and a TD as Yates took the Texans to just outside the Bengals 15.
And that drive didn't stop short because of Yates either.
On first down, he was pressured directly on the roll out and had to throw the ball away.
Tate then gained one single yard on second down.
D. Brown was beaten by a spin move on third down, forcing Yates to throw another completion.

But that's alright, because Yates was responsible for every single of the 80 yards on the next drive that ended with the winning TD.

Are you sitting here telling me that Yates can't win against the Bengals?

In fact, the only games he lost was the one against the Panthers and the Ravens.

The refs cost us one game and Yates handed Delhome a lead when he left the field in the last game of the season.

So yeah, it's fine that you don't like him, but I do and for good reasons.

Yates didnt get us a playoff win that was my point. Yates did pull together a final drive that won the game, congrats there. He did get the help of a PI call that kept the drive alive on a 3 and 10 to JJ. If you are going to bag on foster for his fumble why not include Yates fumble and int? Yates fumble gave up 3 points as well. Dont cherry pick what happend. The kid pulled it together in that game but he didnt win us the playoff game

Yates, Jones and rackers lost us the game in baltimore though despite what our D was able to do

76Texan
09-21-2012, 11:20 AM
Yates didnt get us a playoff win that was my point. Yates did pull together a final drive that won the game, congrats there. He did get the help of a PI call that kept the drive alive on a 3 and 10 to JJ. If you are going to bag on foster for his fumble why not include Yates fumble and int? Yates fumble gave up 3 points as well. Dont cherry pick what happend. The kid pulled it together in that game but he didnt win us the playoff game

Yates, Jones and rackers lost us the game in baltimore though despite what our D was able to do

But but you said any QB could have gotten us that playoff win.

I can tell you right of the bat that there has been a lot of starters who had never won a play-off game. Some of them even lost some big games like Moon against the Bills in that infamous game.

False Start
09-21-2012, 11:37 AM
I just dont get this thread.

http://ohnblog.com/newohnblog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/ani_wtf_cube.gif

I would take Schaub all the way.

2012Champs
09-21-2012, 11:48 AM

I can tell you right of the bat that there has been a lot of starters who had never won a play-off game. Some of them even lost some big games like Moon against the Bills in that infamous game.

I didnt say any Qb could have gotten us a playoff win. I said what QB wouldnt have gotten us that win its a slight difference in my mind but maybe the same to you. Its not a hard task for a QB in the nfl to complete 55% of his passes being 11/20 and navigate a game where your offense runs almost twice as many running plays as it does passing.

moon was 36/50 72% comp for 371 4 tds and 2 ints Im not sure it was on him

DBCooper
09-21-2012, 02:20 PM
I just dont get this thread.

http://ohnblog.com/newohnblog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/ani_wtf_cube.gif

I would take Schaub all the way.

We have replaced Schaub with Yates because of the shear ridiculousness of the question.

ChampionTexan
09-21-2012, 02:36 PM
No, that was me. And it was only if Schaub wasn't 100% or if there was any fear about Schaub's ability to remain healthy. I was afraid he wouldn't be totally healthy when TC rolled around.

I believe, and still do, that Yates could have game-managed us to a winning record in the first 6 games of the season. We would have lost more games than we will with Schaub but I'd expect us to still end up with a winning record.

But Schaub is healthy and was healthy for training camp.

I think there were a number of people who believed the Texans off-season actions would tell the story of how they really viewed Schaub's recovery/health. Once Leinart was released, and T.J. was pretty much handed the backup job, It became clear that the Texans believed Schaub's foot wasn't going to be an issue.

If they thought his foot was going to force him to miss much time, they would have likely kept Leinart. Releasing Leinart and getting another experienced QB would have also been an option, but I'm not sure anyone was available as a FA that would have been a genuine option.

In short, I think there were a number of us who believed that T.J. could compete to be the interim starter had Schaub not recovered by the start of the season, but I don't think there were many who believed he should be handed the job.

ObsiWan
09-22-2012, 09:22 AM

Oh so you're saying that Moon played defense and gave up that 35-7 lead that he built with the four TDs he threw???
:mcnugget:

2012Champs
09-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Oh so you're saying that Moon played defense and gave up that 35-7 lead that he built with the four TDs he threw???

Lol

DBCooper
09-22-2012, 01:56 PM

Damnit man!

If he would have played D, at least one person would have been!

76Texan
09-22-2012, 10:39 PM

What I'm saying is that Moon played very poorly in the second half and in OT; he made it that much harder for the D.

It was supposed to be a high-scoring game, you can't expect the D to keep it up.

Certainly, the refs played a big part in that game.
Bebe went out of bound and came back in to make a big catch.
Bebe fumbled the ball and the Oilers recovered it but they called the receiver down (the receiver can't be down when nobody touched him).

Certainly, the special team played poorly.
The on-side kick, the short punt, the missed FG.

The D was the last unit I would scrutinize, especially with a pick six they brought to the table in the first half.

The fact remains that Moon played poorly after the first half.
He was supposed to be the one player that makes the team go.
And what did he do?

He cut short one drive by missing an open receiver along the side line.
He ended another drive with a high throw to an open receiver that resulted in an INT and a very short field for the Bills.
He ran into a sack to make it third and long that the Oilers failed to convert on another drive.
Then, he could have hit an open receiver in OT, but he locked onto an underneath receiver, resulting in another INT that gave the Bills the ball at the 20-yd line - an automatic win.
Sure, the DB probably got away with a hold, but Moon at least could have frozen the other CB to prevent him from reading the play too easily.

If he was a rookie like Yates, then I can see it, but he wasn't.

HJam72
09-22-2012, 11:04 PM
I have 2 words to explain that whole fiasco of a game:

PREVENT DEFENSE

To a lesser extent, I will admit that it would have helped to have a running game like we currently have with the Texans to burn clock the whole second half. You can't have a run-game that good with a RUN-N-SHOOT OFFENSE.

ObsiWan
09-23-2012, 02:07 AM

PREVENT DEFENSE

To a lesser extent, I will admit that it would have helped to have a running game like we currently have with the Texans to burn clock the whole second half. You can't have a run-game that good with a RUN-N-SHOOT OFFENSE.

You saved me some keystrokes... We sure could have used a eat-the-clock running game like the Texans have now

Showtime100
09-23-2012, 05:33 AM

PREVENT DEFENSE

Chuck Weatherspoon begs to differ. :spit:

EllisUnit
09-24-2012, 06:59 AM

how bout now ???????????? Schaub still....

gafftop
09-24-2012, 11:20 AM

Assuming both stay healthy I must choose Schaub for this season and maybe the next. Even though I think Luck will get better as the season goes on and Luck is more physically gifted than Schaub I think Schaub has the experience factor on his side. I don't think Luck can pick that up in one or two seasons.

I am not sure just how much conditioning and throwing MS was able to do because of the injury but I think he may get a littile better as the season goes along if he can stay in one piece.

The only reason I would even consider Luck over Schaub is the injury factor. It just seems Luck is a little more durable.

I said it before that if the Texans had Schaub last year healthy at the end of the season I think they would have been in the SB.

417Texan
09-24-2012, 11:43 AM
No brainer...Schaub. Next.

Plus lets see what Luck does be4 he is annointed a hall of fame career. I am so sick of hearing about this kid.

drunkcookie
09-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Leaning toward Luck after what i saw yesterday...he's got a full set of ears to work with...big deal for me... Look at great QBs in the past and present, they've all have a full set of ears...

gafftop
12-29-2012, 06:46 PM
Assuming both stay healthy I must choose Schaub for this season and maybe the next. Even though I think Luck will get better as the season goes on and Luck is more physically gifted than Schaub I think Schaub has the experience factor on his side. I don't think Luck can pick that up in one or two seasons.

I am not sure just how much conditioning and throwing MS was able to do because of the injury but I think he may get a littile better as the season goes along if he can stay in one piece.

The only reason I would even consider Luck over Schaub is the injury factor. It just seems Luck is a little more durable.

I said it before that if the Texans had Schaub last year healthy at the end of the season I think they would have been in the SB.

I will be first to say I was wrong.

Luck would have this team as one of the favorites in SB. Schaub will be lucky to beat the Colts tomorrow when they(the Colts) are playing for nothing.

I hoped that Schaub would gain some mobility but i think it has gotten worse.
Because of the weaker line we need a more mobile QB now. I would not be surprised to hear that Matt is hurt once season is over.

Matt is not able to move and create while that is one of Luck's strength.

What do you all think now?

thunderkyss
12-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Luck would have this team as one of the favorites in SB. Schaub will be lucky to beat the Colts tomorrow when they(the Colts) are playing for nothing.

Has anyone seen any improvement in Luck's game this year? I haven't watched much of him, but what little I've seen, I'm convinced he's the same guy he was when he started the season.

Which concerns me. I'll be interested to see how the Colts handle him this offseason, see how he starts next season.

So far, it appears the Colts are letting him do what their last QB did..... wing it. He's getting by on his talents.

I'm not in the locker room, so I don't know. Just a hunch. But I think the Colts are screwing up. I think Luck can be a franchise QB one day, maybe even elite. But only if they develop him correctly.

They let him Bret Farve it & he might be the next Vick.

Wolf
12-29-2012, 09:11 PM
:wadepalm:

Luck is a rookie, he might be a great player one day, but right now he is overrated

His completion percentage is 31 in the leagu
His yards are 7th
He is second in the league with most int's
QB rating Is 29th
He is 16th in tds(one behind Schaub)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/completionPct

Why so much hype right now?

I'd give him time but right now I don't see the hype

DocBar
12-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Jesus. These threads are really getting old. Ya gotta piss with the c0ck ya got and Schaub is that c0ck. Deal with it. I'm waiting on the "Schaub or Montana (in his prime) thread. THAT one is a no brainer.

For the record, I'd rather have Schaub play like he did earlier in the season. That goes for the entire team. Play like we did against the Ravens, and it's a Super Bowl victory for Houston.

NitroGSXR
12-29-2012, 09:34 PM
:wadepalm:

Luck is a rookie, he might be a great player one day, but right now he is overrated

His completion percentage is 31 in the leagu
His yards are 7th
He is second in the league with most int's
QB rating Is 29th
He is 16th in tds(one behind Schaub)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/completionPct

Why so much hype right now?

I'd give him time but right now I don't see the hype

He has "play-making" ability. He has done really well when charging back on the final drives. I'm not going to throw out the "clutch" word... just that he appears to be an exciting player when it comes down to it. He's been a late-starter for sure. If he can get over that... he'll be pretty durn good... so I like him for the time being.

DocBar
12-29-2012, 09:42 PM
He has "play-making" ability. He has done really well when charging back on the final drives. I'm not going to throw out the "clutch" word... just that he appears to be an exciting player when it comes down to it. He's been a late-starter for sure. If he can get over that... he'll be pretty durn good... so I like him for the time being.And he will never, ever play a single down for the Texans. Threads like this are orders of magnitude beyond stupid.

I fervently hope that he sucks ball sacks after a record setting rookie season.

NitroGSXR
12-29-2012, 09:45 PM
And he will never, ever play a single down for the Texans. Threads like this are orders of magnitude beyond stupid.

I fervently hope that he sucks ball sacks after a record setting rookie season.

I wasn't talking about him coming to the Texans. I was merely responding to a question.

Wolf
12-29-2012, 10:00 PM
Here is every stat scenario imaginable on Luck so far
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/splits/_/id/14874/andrew-luck

I think he has a higher ceiling than Matt

klockWork
12-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Has anyone seen any improvement in Luck's game this year? I haven't watched much of him, but what little I've seen, I'm convinced he's the same guy he was when he started the season.

Which concerns me. I'll be interested to see how the Colts handle him this offseason, see how he starts next season.

So far, it appears the Colts are letting him do what their last QB did..... wing it. He's getting by on his talents.

I'm not in the locker room, so I don't know. Just a hunch. But I think the Colts are screwing up. I think Luck can be a franchise QB one day, maybe even elite. But only if they develop him correctly.

They let him Bret Farve it & he might be the next Vick.

Don't know where you get the notion the Colts are wrongly handling Luck. Luck has more yards passing and 8 fewer ints than Peyton rookie season not to mention he's leading them to a playoff.
Most of Luck turnovers have come when they were far behind against good defense forcing throws and scrambling behind a bad O line.
But in close games this dude is big time clutch.

You put Luck in a Texans stars studded offense this team will be alot more dynamic. Sure he'll turn the ball over more than Schaub, sure we'll lose a game or two due to him taking chances. But the thing that separates him from Schaub is he shows up and plays in crucial moments alot more this season than Schaub had ever did in any season in his career. There's nothing over rating about that.

DocBar
12-29-2012, 10:54 PM
I wasn't talking about him coming to the Texans. I was merely responding to a question.Regardless, it's an ignorant thread.

NitroGSXR
12-29-2012, 11:02 PM
Regardless, it's an ignorant thread.

Noted. Now go watch Full House or something and let us talk. Thanks.

Norg
12-29-2012, 11:09 PM
in 8 years luck could end up a BUst for all we know :kitten:

DocBar
12-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Noted. Now go watch Full House or something and let us talk. Thanks.Go talk about Full House in the Douche Bag Forum. This forum is for Texan's Football. This is still an ignorant thread. :fans:

MissouriTexan
12-29-2012, 11:16 PM
Go talk about Full House in the Douche Bag Forum. This forum is for Texan's Football. This is still an ignorant thread. :fans:

I'm normally more of a stalker around this forum, but honestly, what's wrong with a hypothetical thread? You're more than welcome to pass it over if it pleases you.

DocBar
12-29-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm normally more of a stalker around this forum, but honestly, what's wrong with a hypothetical thread? You're more than welcome to pass it over if it pleases you.There seems to be several Schaub or *** threads on here that are just plain stupid. Schaub isn't a HOF QB but he's who is going to lead us for the next few years, so why start with all the BS? Merge all the Schaub or *** threads into one and I'd be happy to pass it by.

Schaub isn't going anywhere soon, so lets figure out something else to ***** about on our way to the playoffs.

gafftop
12-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Regardless, it's an ignorant thread.

Doc,

Agree if you take thread literally.

I should have said do you take a rookie that has the physical tools, and has a great pedigree and seems to be very intelligent and has unbelievable upside or do you stay with a known QB that lacks physical ability coming off a serious injury and has shown to maybe not play his best in big games ?

That is what should have been said but easier to ask Schaub or Luck hypothetically.

By the way the answer was Luck

thunderkyss
12-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Luck looked like a veteran QB today. Killed us with his snap count, ball placement, & ability to create.

Schaub looked like the rookie. Taking what the defense gives him, poor ball placement, poor vision.

I'm liking Harbaugh's decision to start Kaepernick more & more. He knows fool's gold when he sees it. Right now, it would be difficult for anyone to build the case that Schaub can win the Super Bowl.

A game like today is the kind of game a leader, a winner would show up in. Sure, this loss is not on the QB, they get too much credit, too much blame. He needs help, an offensive line, receivers that can catch. But this team is 12-4, we should have all that. Can't help but think an upgrade at QB would "fix" all that.

GuerillaBlack
12-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Luck looked like a veteran QB today. Killed us with his snap count, ball placement, & ability to create.

Schaub looked like the rookie. Taking what the defense gives him, poor ball placement, poor vision.

I'm liking Harbaugh's decision to start Kaepernick more & more. He knows fool's gold when he sees it. Right now, it would be difficult for anyone to build the case that Schaub can win the Super Bowl.

A game like today is the kind of game a leader, a winner would show up in. Sure, this loss is not on the QB, they get too much credit, too much blame. He needs help, an offensive line, receivers that can catch. But this team is 12-4, we should have all that. Can't help but think an upgrade at QB would "fix" all that.

Yeah, Schaub isn't leading us anywhere unless the running game and defense is also clicking on all cylinders. He is just not athletic and can't make things happen, plus his arm is terrible. People say Manning is slow and all, but that guy moves around and can make things happen. Brady, too. They aren't mobile really, but can move around and do stuff (we have all seen it). Schaub? He's sacked or a throwaway. So jealous of the Colts and their QB. Hell, I'm jealous of about 20 other NFL teams also.

Iceman16
12-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Luck is the type of QB that the Texans need. He's really not been that great this entire season, you can look at his body of work if you disagree.

But in crunch time? Where Schaub is one of the worst QBs in the league? Luck steps up and wins close games. That's all we need out of a quarterback if the team is properly motivated.

gafftop
12-30-2012, 03:38 PM
I think on this team Luck's numbers would look MUCH better.
Can you imagine Schaub's numbers on the Colts this year.

HJam72
12-30-2012, 03:41 PM
I used to think Schaub just couldn't throw far enough, because he underthrew too often. Now, it seems he just has no accuracy beyond 30 yards. 2 Picks today. Both long throws. One underthrown, just like the old Schaub. One overthrown, because he is a robot out there running it just like in practice............................no matter what is happening on the field. The man cannot improvise, even in the slightest. It kinda reminds me of....our head coach sometimes.

Beyond that, Godell payed the refs to favor Pogano's team today.

Texecutioner
12-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Luck is the type of QB that the Texans need. He's really not been that great this entire season, you can look at his body of work if you disagree.

But in crunch time? Where Schaub is one of the worst QBs in the league? Luck steps up and wins close games. That's all we need out of a quarterback if the team is properly motivated.

Luck has been sensational all season for a rookie QB. He is already one of the best in the league and will be elite for many years. Trying to compare Schaub to him is silly, because Schaub has never had that type of potential.

Bitching about not having an elite level QB is silly as well until you're willing to stink for several years and wait for the perfect opportunity to draft a top QB with potential like Luck had when we got him. Sure, we can draft a ton of 2nd and 3rd rounders, but they are all a lot bigger role of the dice.

mariowillshine15
12-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Luck! Griffin! Wilson! One of them.