PDA

View Full Version : Which players will you focus on VS Jags?

badboy
09-15-2012, 10:45 PM
Caldwell & Newton & Martin on offense and Cody & KJ & James on defense

The Pencil Neck
09-15-2012, 10:46 PM
I almost always focus on the lines.

EllisUnit
09-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Jean, after last weeks near TD. I want to see another deep pass to him.

dream_team
09-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Cody, Cush & James!

If the Jags have any kind of chance, MJD will have to run up the middle and gain 4-5 yards a pop all game long. If they can control the clock like this, keep our offense on the sidelines, they have a decent chance at an upset.

So I'll be watching the guys in the middle, to see if they cleaned up what was going wrong from the Miami game.

Cjeremy635
09-15-2012, 11:08 PM
I'm going to be looking at Foster. I don't think he looks as good as he did last season. It may be due to the O-line issues, but I just don't think he's looked the same from the start of preseason until now. It's still early in the season though, so he has time to hit his stride.

Also, I'll be looking at the O-line run blocking & Bradie James. I want James to show me something that says he's bringing something to the table on the D & not just being another body.

Lastly, I want to see Trindon have the same impact he had when the games didn't count.

badboy
09-15-2012, 11:26 PM
Jean, after last weeks near TD. I want to see another deep pass to him.good choice

steelbtexan
09-16-2012, 12:34 AM
Watt/Mitchell/KJ

kiwitexansfan
09-16-2012, 12:49 AM
OLine for the run game.

OLB for some pressure on Gabbert.

Texn4life
09-16-2012, 12:55 AM
I'll be focusing on our safeties........ i think they will have opportunities to make some plays today. Either Manning or GQ will get a pick. I'm calling it now.

HouSportsWriter
09-16-2012, 02:26 AM
I would watch the.stands for fights.

TdotTexas2Step
09-16-2012, 03:12 AM
The Jags definitely took note of the troubles we showed against Miami's run game.

That entire front 7 is going to be key to a win in Jacksonville.

On offense, it'll be a longshot, but I'd like to see Posey activated.

Thorn
09-16-2012, 04:19 AM
MJD vs. our run D.

Showtime100
09-16-2012, 05:36 AM
I almost always focus on the lines.

MJD vs. our run D.

This would be me. :brando:

Craig.
09-16-2012, 07:03 AM
I'll be focusing on the broadcast and whatever players are spotlighted there. I have no interest in watching only the left tackle.

Showtime100
09-16-2012, 07:06 AM
I'll be focusing on the broadcast and whatever players are spotlighted there. I have no interest in watching only the left tackle.

You're a right tackle kind of guy, I guess.

Craig.
09-16-2012, 07:09 AM
Wrong. Long snapper. I'll be focusing intently on the long snapper.

Showtime100
09-16-2012, 07:12 AM
Wrong. Long snapper. I'll be focusing intently on the long snapper.

Just a joke, lighten up maybe?

Long snapper suits you. :D

SheTexan
09-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Well, I'll obviously be watching the O and D, but, today I wanna see who's really contributing on STs. Holliday needs a "hole" and our punter needs improvement. Maybe it's that "Jones" factor that scares me!:peek: I cringe everytime he touches the ball.

CloakNNNdagger
09-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Well, I'll obviously be watching the O and D, but, today I wanna see who's really contributing on STs. Holliday needs a "hole" and our punter needs improvement. Maybe it's that "Jones" factor that scares me!:peek: I cringe everytime he touches the ball.

Our kickoff game. Our kicker(s) thoughout the PS and last week could not seem to manage to get the ball into the back or out of the EZ. The furthest it carried when it even got into the EZ was a couple yds into the EZ. The other kickers I watched last week (including Miami's) seemed to routinely get it into the back or out of the EZ. Please don't tell me that our kicker has been instructed to kick shallow because our coverage has been so great to drop the returner deep inside their 20...........because coverage has been pathetic. So what's really going on? A Marciano or Kubiak dictum? A new mysterious groin injury? Or simply a kicker that can't consistently get the ball deep enough on kickoffs........or longer FGs?

HJam72
09-16-2012, 08:49 AM
Back-side of the run play on the O-line. Only cut-back I saw last week was not really a cut-"back," it was a cut-"straight-up-the-middle" on Foster's 14 yd. TD. What I'm referring to is the new rule regarding cut-blocks, because I think it's hurting our running game. I don't even remember any cut-backs to the left on running plays called to the right, which really tells me something. If Duane Brown isn't putting guys on the ground, then nobody is going to without breaking the new rule and I think it's a ZB scheme killer.

PS-cheerleaders. I like to focus on that.

GlassHalfFull
09-16-2012, 10:09 AM

Sandy only watches the tight ends

Speedy
09-16-2012, 10:47 AM

On 2 kick returns and 3 punt returns last week, only once did the Texans get it past the 20. So that needs to improve.

My eye will also be on Shaun Cody. Seems the run D was a little tougher when he was in the game. May not make much difference with MJD running, but still.

And finally, the Texans run game. That's got to get rolling. 2.4 yards per touch is not going to cut it. The Texans actually had more success running to Newton and Caldwell's side than they did running to Brown and Smith's side last week. 18 runs for 20 yards (1.1 avg) going left last week with 8 runs of no gain or less. 12 carries for 58 yards (4.8 avg) and just 1 negative play going right.

CloakNNNdagger
09-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Bothersome with a runner like MJD:

The Dolphins did very well when they ran straight up the middle without giving the defense extra time to identify the run after the snap. The Dolphins averaged 5.4 yards per carry when running up the middle (60 yards on 11 attempts) compared to 3.3 yards per carry when going outside (20 yards on 6 attempts) against the Texans defense. Their 4.1 yards per carry would have been higher if they had done less plays to the outside. Unfortunately this was not the case.link (http://blackandteal.com/2012/09/12/mjd-vs-houston-defense-follow-dolphins-example/)

badboy
09-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Back-side of the run play on the O-line. Only cut-back I saw last week was not really a cut-"back," it was a cut-"straight-up-the-middle" on Foster's 14 yd. TD. What I'm referring to is the new rule regarding cut-blocks, because I think it's hurting our running game. I don't even remember any cut-backs to the left on running plays called to the right, which really tells me something. If Duane Brown isn't putting guys on the ground, then nobody is going to without breaking the new rule and I think it's a ZB scheme killer.

PS-cheerleaders. I like to focus on that.please elaborate on new rules. This is definition: http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_Rule12_Player_Conduct.pdf

AND:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/15/steelers-apparently-dont-understand-the-chop-block-rule/

Hereís the official rule, which a league source has forwarded to PFT: ďOn a running play, A1, an offensive lineman, chops a defensive player after the defensive player has been engaged by A2 (high or low), and the initial alignment of A2 is more than one position away from A1. The rule applies only when the block occurs at a time when the flow of the play is clearly away from A1.Ē

And so, if the center hits a guy high and a tackle hits him low, itís a penalty. When itís a center and one of the two guards, the chop block is not illegal

badboy
09-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Caldwell & Newton & Martin on offense and Cody & KJ & James on defenseWell Caldwell did little to impress me. Newton was a bit better and I can remember only one pass to Martin and Schaub over threw him. Cody did well and Seem to be all over his man. I never saw James do anything. Can someone give me their eval of the MLB? I could hardly take my eyes off Watt & Cush.

EllisUnit
09-16-2012, 09:11 PM
I wanted to see Jean go deep, he did but he put the double move on the CB and if the CB hadnt grabbed him jean was going to be WIDE OPEN. Sucks, but i like what i have seen from Jean he reminds me so much of AJ, TBH sometimes i cant tell if it is him or AJ until i see the #.

HJam72
09-16-2012, 09:54 PM
please elaborate on new rules. This is definition: http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_Rule12_Player_Conduct.pdf

AND:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/15/steelers-apparently-dont-understand-the-chop-block-rule/

Hereís the official rule, which a league source has forwarded to PFT: ďOn a running play, A1, an offensive lineman, chops a defensive player after the defensive player has been engaged by A2 (high or low), and the initial alignment of A2 is more than one position away from A1. The rule applies only when the block occurs at a time when the flow of the play is clearly away from A1.Ē

And so, if the center hits a guy high and a tackle hits him low, itís a penalty. When itís a center and one of the two guards, the chop block is not illegal

Somebody (at work) gave me the really wrong impression that they could never block low at all anymore. I did see some of the really hard cut-backs by the RBs today anyway and was really glad to see it.

badboy
09-16-2012, 10:20 PM
I wanted to see Jean go deep, he did but he put the double move on the CB and if the CB hadnt grabbed him jean was going to be WIDE OPEN. Sucks, but i like what i have seen from Jean he reminds me so much of AJ, TBH sometimes i cant tell if it is him or AJ until i see the #.You thought the CB slowed him that much? I thought Jean would not have caught it anyway.

badboy
09-16-2012, 10:22 PM
Somebody (at work) gave me the really wrong impression that they could never block low at all anymore. I did see some of the really hard cut-backs by the RBs today anyway and was really glad to see it.cool. BTW I was not being critical. THought I had missed something.

76Texan
09-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Well Caldwell did little to impress me. Newton was a bit better and I can remember only one pass to Martin and Schaub over threw him. Cody did well and Seem to be all over his man. I never saw James do anything. Can someone give me their eval of the MLB? I could hardly take my eyes off Watt & Cush.

B. James had a solid game.

He did make a mistake on the TD to MJD, but it was a good faked block by MJD and good execution by the Jags overall.

badboy
09-17-2012, 11:36 AM
B. James had a solid game.

He did make a mistake on the TD to MJD, but it was a good faked block by MJD and good execution by the Jags overall.Thanks 76.