PDA

View Full Version : Tim Jamison earns keep, teammates’ respect

TejasTom
09-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Read entire article at: Texan's News (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Tim-Jamison-earns-keep-teammates’-respect/7fbe7a76-3f08-4354-bb99-9bcbc947db7e)

Tim Jamison was undrafted in 2009, has been cut by the Texans three times and had three stints on the practice squad in his first two seasons.

That was then.

This is now. After playing in all 16 games last season as the Texans’ top reserve defensive end, Jamison, 26, signed a two-year contract extension on Saturday. He has gone from undrafted to one of the Texans’ most underrated players.

“Man, it’s an honor that the organization would think of me to give me that opportunity to stay here a couple more years,” Jamison said on Thursday. “I just want to keep on grinding and keep on improving. That’s my motto: Just keep getting better.”

Sunday against the Miami Dolphins. He had one sack and deflected a pass at the line of scrimmage in the fourth quarter, both plays resulting in a turnover on downs.

badboy
09-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Not superstar or probowler but a grinder that is the mortar between the bricks. Brings to mind old Cowboys who many thought would not make Dallas roster but stuck for years. Texans can develop players like that also.

thunderkyss
09-14-2012, 11:00 PM
He was solid last season, clearly surpassing Bullman as the first man off the bench.

Carr Bombed
09-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Not superstar or probowler but a grinder that is the mortar between the bricks. Brings to mind old Cowboys who many thought would not make Dallas roster but stuck for years. Texans can develop players like that also.

SB teams are built with All-Joes like Jaminson. I'm not saying we're one yet, but every SB caliber roster has them.

Wolf6151
09-15-2012, 12:20 AM
Unheralded but one of my favorite Texans. Solid productivity yet unspectacular. Every team needs a hand full of Tim Jamisons on their roster.

I have confidence that if Antonio Smith were to be suspended or go down with an injury Tim Jamison could step in and do just as good a job as Antonio.

hot pickle
09-15-2012, 12:42 AM
even in madden, i dont care how much money he demands i always keep him on the team. thats how much i like him... hes a gem

IDEXAN
09-15-2012, 07:35 AM
The D's version of Mike Briesel, it's always great to see an undrafted, unheralded
player make it and get paid for efforts, though I doubt that he got
Briesel-type-money, not yet atleast ?

kingh99
09-15-2012, 08:17 AM
Last week Jamison played a great game.
http://ww1.hdnux.com/photos/15/05/44/3430696/3/628x471.jpg

The Pencil Neck
09-15-2012, 12:25 PM
He's been one of "my guys" for a while and I'm really glad it's all starting to click for him.

I was high on him coming out of the Senior Bowl and I was excited about getting him as an UDFA. But I expected him to develop a lot quicker than he did.

Brisco_County
09-15-2012, 03:47 PM
I have a ton of respect for Jamison. I think it says a lot that he won his contract after the defense had improved.

Thorn
09-15-2012, 05:51 PM
A nice feel-good thread. These are always sastifying to read. Congrats to Tim Jamison. :clap: