PDA

View Full Version : JJ Watt makes the Dolphins look foolish.

DX-TEX
09-11-2012, 07:44 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/11/watt-says-he-picked-up-dolphins-snap-count-from-hard-knocks/#comments

Do not ask for whom the bell tolls. The bell tolls for Hard Knocks.

Texans defensive end J.J. Watt delivered a potential death blow to the show on Tuesday, explaining on NBC Network’s Pro Football Talk that he picked up the Dolphins’ snap count by watching the show.

He was a little sheepish and guarded when explaining it to co-host Erik Kuselias, saying that the same information can be picked up from the preseason game broadcasts. But Watt said that it helped.

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/m/image/1335/15/1335154809624.gif

Rey
09-11-2012, 08:05 PM
I haven't watched hard knocks, but that makes sense...

b0ng
09-11-2012, 08:31 PM
He would have to have spent hours dissecting hard knocks OTA footage in order to garner that little bit of information. . . that's insanity if he's being completely up front.

Texan_Bill
09-11-2012, 08:50 PM
He would have to have spent hours dissecting hard knocks OTA footage in order to garner that little bit of information. . . that's insanity if he's being completely up front.

DUDE!! Dude! He's psycho like that. :kingkong: He's the ex-Tight End converted to DE with skillz! He knows his way around the film room (errrr, Hard Knocks) and knows how time to Sh!te!!! :cowboy1:

*EDIT*

He makes Cush seem like a puss! :kitten:

Corrosion
09-11-2012, 09:58 PM
I wish he would have kept that little piece of information to himself ..... for future use.

Texan_Bill
09-11-2012, 10:03 PM
I wish he would have kept that little piece of information to himself ..... for future use.

Hey Rob!!!

NOPE!!!!! That was perfect!!

*ahem*

Texans NEVER go on Hard Knocks!

Corrosion
09-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Hey Rob!!!

NOPE!!!!! That was perfect!!

*ahem*

Texans NEVER go on Hard Knocks!

As long as Gary's the coach and Bob's the owner ..... They aint goin on that show.

If Gary was playing poker on TV .... the hole card camera wouldnt ever see his cards.

TheMatrix31
09-11-2012, 10:43 PM
What a bad ass dude.

Stemp
09-11-2012, 10:47 PM
As long as Gary's the coach and Bob's the owner ..... They aint goin on that show.

If Gary was playing poker on TV .... the hole card camera wouldnt ever see his cards.

They wanted to in 2010, but the show wanted the Jets.

The Cush
09-12-2012, 12:00 AM
This is what I noticed during the game. Tannehill would bark something out then yell "Go, Go" and SNAP. It was always 2 "Go's" followed by the ball being snapped. His voice was so audibly loud through the TV it was hard not to pay attention to that.

Rey
09-12-2012, 12:16 AM
This is what I noticed during the game. Tannehill would bark something out then yell "Go, Go" and SNAP. It was always 2 "Go's" followed by the ball being snapped. His voice was so audibly loud through the TV it was hard not to pay attention to that.

Yep. When I watched the broadcast I thought the same thing to myself. I couldn't hear him everytime, but I wondered if he was gonna change that up.

Also, it doesn't take that long for an attentive defender to pick up on a qb's cadence if he isn't changing it up. Rookie mistake by Tannehill. Telegraphing his throws and his cadence against Jj watt is obviously a big f'n no no.

Corrosion
09-12-2012, 12:18 AM
They wanted to in 2010, but the show wanted the Jets.

Who's "They" ?

Stemp
09-12-2012, 12:23 AM
Who's "They" ?

Houston's front office.

Reportedly......

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/16/a-year-after-turning-down-hard-knocks-the-texans-want-in/

NitroGSXR
09-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Watt showed a little bit of immaturity here. He's teetering on the brink of turning sour in a hurry. I hope he's able to keep it all together.

pbat488
09-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Watt showed a little bit of immaturity here. He's teetering on the brink of turning sour in a hurry. I hope he's able to keep it all together.

what?

NitroGSXR
09-12-2012, 12:43 AM
what?

Sorry. Let me type that a little slower for you...

DX-TEX
09-12-2012, 12:51 AM

You blew the interview way out of proportion. He likes Mario as a person but he was just brutally honest when he said the defense as a whole would not miss him.

pbat488
09-12-2012, 12:53 AM

yeah, I can read what you wrote. it just doesn't make sense.

how does admitting that he picked up a snap count from watching hard knocks make him immature? and even more perplexing, how is he turning sour? literally makes zero sense to me what you're trying to say here.

The Pencil Neck
09-12-2012, 01:02 AM

Whatever it was that you're seeing, I didn't see. I thought he came across very personable and cool through the whole thing.

GuerillaBlack
09-12-2012, 03:17 AM

At least explain what you mean because this makes zero sense.

aussie_texan
09-12-2012, 05:07 AM
DUDE!! Dude! He's psycho like that. :kingkong: He's the ex-Tight End converted to DE with skillz! He knows his way around the film room (errrr, Hard Knocks) and knows how time to Sh!te!!! :cowboy1:

*EDIT*

He makes Cush seem like a puss! :kitten:

wooooooh horsey.
that there is blasphemy.

i love JJ but cush is an animal i heard that cushing died 20 years ago,
Death just hasn't built up the courage to tell him yet.

and...

when chuck norris goes to sleep every night, he checks the closet for cushing!

and...

Cushing once got bit by a rattle snake........ After three days of pain and agony ..........the rattle snake died!!!!

Texn4life
09-12-2012, 05:17 AM
He could have been a little more political in his answers if you really want to pick it apart, but I don't mind the answers he gave. He was asked specific questions and answered them.

He was asked if he saw anything in Hard Knocks that helped and he answered it honestly. He was asked about Mario and answered it honestly. Most players would have answered these questions like:

"Yeah, we watched Hard Knocks and saw a couple of things, but nothing that we wouldn't have been able to pick up during the course of the game."

"Mario is a physical specimen and its always good to have a guy like that on your team, but we're happy with the players we have and feel like they can more than get the job done."

He pretty much answered the questions the same, but just worded them different.

nero THE zero
09-12-2012, 10:18 AM
This was mentioned what seemed like half a dozen times during the game broadcast.

I question the veracity of it. The way HBO stages scenes and cuts film in production makes it doubtful (to me, anyway) that anything unique and of worth could be derived from it. But, whatever.

NitroGSXR
09-12-2012, 11:55 AM
You blew the interview way out of proportion. He likes Mario as a person but he was just brutally honest when he said the defense as a whole would not miss him.

I have no idea what he said in the interview outside of the story itself being written.

My concern is him giving up tricks of the trade with the Hard Knocks confession. Couple that with him dissing Mario and sorry but it was in fact a diss. His head is swelling and it won't take much for that to implode. I think he's earned it but at the same time... I hope he reels it in and keeps it together.

DX-TEX
09-12-2012, 11:59 AM
I have no idea what he said in the interview outside of the story itself being written.

My concern is him giving up tricks of the trade with the Hard Knocks confession. Couple that with him dissing Mario and sorry but it was in fact a diss. His head is swelling and it won't take much for that to implode. I think he's earned it but at the same time... I hope he reels it in and keeps it together.

Really? Watch the video at PFT. He comes off nothing like the written transcript.

NitroGSXR
09-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Really? Watch the video at PFT. He comes off nothing like the written transcript.

It is not closed captioned so I can't exactly watch it. I am somewhat limited there.

:kitten:

DX-TEX
09-12-2012, 12:19 PM
It is not closed captioned so I can't exactly watch it. I am somewhat limited there.

:kitten:

Well now I feel like a horse's ass. My apologies.

there is a big difference between the two though in all seriousness. What PFT used just makes better headlines for web hits.

NitroGSXR
09-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Well now I feel like a horse's ass. My apologies.

there is a big difference between the two though in all seriousness. What PFT used just makes better headlines for web hits.

No worries. Glad to see we are on the same page now.

I am sure you are right. Either way both things said are actually pretty powerful things to jib out. I'm the biggest Watt fan in town. He has been my favorite player for months now so I think has said a lot for me to perk up my eyebrows at what he is saying.

The Pencil Neck
09-12-2012, 01:21 PM

I know you can't hear his tone but it really didn't come across as disrespectful to Mario. And he tried to make the point that they lost Mario early and the defense got better as the season went on.

And with the Hard Knocks thing, he also said you can get the same information from game film so it wasn't really that big of a deal.

I don't think he's in any danger of spinning out of control.

NitroGSXR
09-12-2012, 01:55 PM
I know you can't hear his tone but it really didn't come across as disrespectful to Mario. And he tried to make the point that they lost Mario early and the defense got better as the season went on.

And with the Hard Knocks thing, he also said you can get the same information from game film so it wasn't really that big of a deal.

I don't think he's in any danger of spinning out of control.

I don't think he's in danger of spinning out of control either. Let me try to re-word... He showed a little bit of immaturity considering what was actually said. When that happens, it can turn south in a hurry... and I hope he handles it with stride.

I am glad to hear that his tone was not disrespectful. I didn't think he looked disrespectful. I just was... hmmm... at his actual text.

EllisUnit
09-12-2012, 03:06 PM

Sorry but i feel he has done more for the texans in his 1 season and 1 game then mario ever did for us his entire time here.

Lurvinator11
09-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Sorry but i feel he has done more for the texans in his 1 season and 1 game then mario ever did for us his entire time here.

Mario had his moments, but they were followed by no shows. JJ has been consistent so far. So, I agree with you.

Goldensilence
09-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Immaturity? Guess I am missing it.

Dissing Mario? If you want to take it that way, but I mean looking at last year...it's pretty clear the team didn't miss a beat without him in there. Couple that the up and down nature of his time here and not really showing up in Buffalo (granted its the first game) I don't think he said anything no one watching hasn't thought.

Did he catch something from Hard knocks? I don't know, but what I do know is he did what great defensive players should do and that is take advantage of a rookie QB.

Anyway you slice it the guy was THE difference in the game last Sunday.

Showtime100
09-12-2012, 06:52 PM
I don't think he's in danger of spinning out of control either. Let me try to re-word... He showed a little bit of immaturity considering what was actually said. When that happens, it can turn south in a hurry... and I hope he handles it with stride.

I am glad to hear that his tone was not disrespectful. I didn't think he looked disrespectful. I just was... hmmm... at his actual text.

Agreed on the big mouth. No good can come from revealing that to the league.

Texecutioner
09-12-2012, 08:23 PM

He didn't diss Mario at all. He was just saying that the team is moving on either way and they're going to be better off because of their hard work and commitment to being the best unit in the league on defense. I didn't notice anything in that interview that told me his head could swell up. I saw the opposite and he seemed mature and very confident. Can't wait to see the kind of player Watt continues to mold into.

Texan_Bill
09-12-2012, 08:42 PM
wooooooh horsey.
that there is blasphemy.

i love JJ but cush is an animal i heard that cushing died 20 years ago,
Death just hasn't built up the courage to tell him yet.

and...

when chuck norris goes to sleep every night, he checks the closet for cushing!

and...

Cushing once got bit by a rattle snake........ After three days of pain and agony ..........the rattle snake died!!!!

*Tongue in cheek* my friend.... BTW, in Texas we say Whooooooah!!! ;)

Texan_Bill
09-12-2012, 08:53 PM
He didn't diss Mario at all. He was just saying that the team is moving on either way and they're going to be better off because of their hard work and commitment to being the best unit in the league on defense. I didn't notice anything in that interview that told me his head could swell up. I saw the opposite and he seemed mature and very confident. Can't wait to see the kind of player Watt continues to mold into.

No one has dissed Mario... Well except for me (and this coming from a Mario supporter) given some of his post-Texans days on Twitter.

Duane Brown said on his show yesterday that Mario was liked by all the other players. He went on to say that Mario enjoyed Houston. Some of that is lip service I'm sure, but some of Marion's actions and/or comments are/were to the contrary!

As much as I despise Rodney Harrison, I'm not so sure that I disagree with his recent comments.

BTW, Marion Williams is on pace to make $1,000,000.00 per tackle, but I don't want to be "on pace guy"!! LOL!

GP
09-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Yeah, count me as one who says I could give a flip if ANY Texans player wanted to openly "somewhat" diss Maria Williams.

JJ Watt is clearly a superior Texans asset to whatever Mario was or could be for us. Motor, motor, MOTOR.

As far as the whole Hard Knocks issue, I have to wonder if that's him just poking fun at the Dolphins. I mean...seriously, come on...as if JJ Watt really learned it from Hard Knocks. Regardless, it's not like JJ is giving up any information that harms the Texans. He's showing that he is observant, and that plays in the heads of upcoming opponents, IMO.

Insideop
09-13-2012, 11:45 AM
Just saw this on NFL.com. They are discussing whether "J.J. Swatts" comments could be the end of Hard Knocks or not. http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/09/12/j-j-watt-says-he-picks-up-snap-count-of-any-game-tape/
Guess we're getting some "pub" out of Hard Knocks after all! :shades: