PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby Jones is looking good....

Cjeremy635
09-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Watching the Ravens vs Bengals & JJ looks like a good receiver for them so far. Hopefully he figured it out & will have a good career there.

Hervoyel
09-10-2012, 08:39 PM
I find it impossible to wish him well. If he grows up and puts it all together up there that's a draft pick and 5 years of waiting the Texans will never get back.

thunderkyss
09-10-2012, 08:52 PM
I find it impossible to wish him well. If he grows up and puts it all together up there that's a draft pick and 5 years of waiting the Texans will never get back.

Blame that on Kubiak, not the kid. The draft pick part, he had the growin up thing done the last two years he was here.

drs23
09-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Spread blame where ever you wish but the fact is, to this point he's looking like a Pro WR. Good for him. Like many have said in other threads, sometimes it just takes a different setting to ply one's wares. He's been impressive so far to me.

Corrosion
09-10-2012, 09:11 PM
They better check his gloves for stickum. :kitten:

BullBlitz
09-10-2012, 09:12 PM
Spread blame where ever you wish but the fact is, to this point he's looking like a Pro WR. Good for him. Like many have said in other threads, sometimes it just takes a different setting to ply one's wares. He's been impressive so far to me.

Yes, hope he does well. Same for Pollard and Leach, two of my favorite former Texans.

Wolf
09-10-2012, 09:13 PM
I guess Kubiak was too hard on the kid and he couldn't relax and just play to his potential :kitten:

Playoffs
09-10-2012, 09:23 PM
I hope we're not going to have weekly Jacoby threads ..... he's gonzo. http://www.mahjoob.com/en/forums/images/smilies/bolt.gif

thunderkyss
09-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Yes, hope he does well. Same for Pollard and Leach, two of my favorite former Texans.

It's weird seeing three Texans contributing so much on another team. Hopefully we lost them because we have better players.

Cjeremy635
09-10-2012, 09:31 PM
It's weird seeing three Texans contributing so much on another team. Hopefully we lost them because we have better players.

I think we have better options than JJ, Mario, & Pollard (although I loved Pollard's attitude), but I don't think we upgraded from Vonta or Ryans.

But, no use crying over $hit you have no control over. It is what it is and the free agency era makes it very hard to hold onto multiple playmakers for any extended period.

Texecutioner
09-10-2012, 09:36 PM
Jacoby will stink.

I work with a girl that grew up with Jacoby and still talks to him a little here and there when she runs into him in the club. She tells me that Jacoby was always a complete knucklehead growing up. Said that he always did what he wanted and could care less about being a responsible type of guy. This girl is a straight shooter as well. She also said that Jacoby has always been a big time smoker. Said that he would never get off of that stuff. Not that pot is all that bad, but for a guy that plays in the NFL, it's not the best thing to hear when you're talking about a guy like Jacoby. I don't recall him ever failing a drug test though.

potisyourfriend
09-10-2012, 09:39 PM
LOL, he does good for half a game and people are already trying to kiss his ass. Screw JJ and the horse he rode off on. I'm glad that worthless receiver is out of here. I hated when he was returning kicks too. Texans management finally woke up and got rid of him.

Cjeremy635
09-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Jacoby will stink.

I work with a girl that grew up with Mario and still talks to him a little here and there when she runs into him in the club. She tells me that Jacoby was always a complete knucklehead growing up. Said that he always did what he wanted and could care less about being a responsible type of guy. This girl is a straight shooter as well. She also said that Jacoby has always been a big time smoker. Said that he would never get off of that stuff. Not that pot is all that bad, but for a guy that plays in the NFL, it's not the best thing to hear when you're talking about a guy like Jacoby. I don't recall him ever failing a drug test though.

If she grew up with Mario, how does she know about JJ? Did she grow up with both, was that hearsay from Mario, or was that a typo & you meant to say that she grew up with JJ?

I genuinely hope he got his act together. From a human standpoint, you hate to see someone fail or sabotage themselves.

Texecutioner
09-10-2012, 09:42 PM
If she grew up with Mario, how does she know about JJ? Did she grow up with both, was that hearsay from Mario, or was that a typo & you meant to say that she grew up with JJ?

I genuinely hope he got his act together. From a human standpoint, you hate to see someone fail or sabotage themselves.

Sorry, but I was just hitting up a thread about Mario. Lol! Typo! :vincepalm:

I meant to say JJ. It had nothing to do with Mario man.

She had talked about how she saw him in the club out here recently and what a nut he still was. That was a few months ago though. We all know that JJ has a lot of talent, but the gy is just wet between the ears. He is your typical cat that likes to get ****ed up and party, and play football as well, but I don't see him ever taking his job seriously like he needs to. Plus, he is already past that age where most WR's break out. Sure it happens here and there after 5 years or so with certain guys, but it's pretty rare. I think JJ will be a journeyman at this point.

Cjeremy635
09-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Sorry, but I was just hitting up a thread about Mario. Lol! Typo! :vincepalm:

I meant to say JJ. It had nothing to do with Mario man.

Gotcha, that's what I figured.

sakebomb
09-10-2012, 11:17 PM
3 catches for 46 yards and he's being called a Pro Bowler? :toropalm:

Interesting to say the least.

chicagotexan2
09-10-2012, 11:24 PM

Too bad he was here first.

StarStruck
09-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Jacoby will stink.

I work with a girl that grew up with Jacoby and still talks to him a little here and there when she runs into him in the club. She tells me that Jacoby was always a complete knucklehead growing up. Said that he always did what he wanted and could care less about being a responsible type of guy. This girl is a straight shooter as well. She also said that Jacoby has always been a big time smoker. Said that he would never get off of that stuff. Not that pot is all that bad, but for a guy that plays in the NFL, it's not the best thing to hear when you're talking about a guy like Jacoby. I don't recall him ever failing a drug test though.

Dang, for his sake I hope he doesn't consider her a friend.

Texn4life
09-11-2012, 12:46 AM
People would be surprised by how many players smoke weed in the NFL. Its really not that hard to pass one urine test a year. Stop smoking for a month and you're home free.

ChampionTexan
09-11-2012, 02:06 AM

This year game one - 3 catches 46 yards
Last year game one - 3 catches 43 yards

Jacoby is what I refer to as tantalizing mediocrity. In fact, I believe there was even a thread started during or after game one last year called "Jacoby Just Shut the Haters Up", although in all fairness, I think that was due to a punt return TD, not a 3 reception game.

I don't wish Jacoby ill - quite the opposite, but in most cases, after five years, you are what you are, and what I think Jacoby is is a borderline starting NFL WR.

Wolf6151
09-11-2012, 04:21 AM
I wish him the best but a Zebra don't change his stripes. He's probably let go by Baltimore after this season.

Corrosion
09-11-2012, 06:00 AM
I don't wish Jacoby ill - quite the opposite, but in most cases, after five years, you are what you are, and what I think Jacoby is is a borderline starting NFL WR.

I dont wish him ill either .....Until we meet in the playoffs , then I think he owes me a TD ..... going the wrong way for his squad just to make up for the stupidity he pulled in that playoff game - Dont think many of us will forget that epic moment of idiocy.

Jacoby , you owe me.

thunderkyss
09-11-2012, 09:23 AM
I think we have better options than JJ, Mario, & Pollard (although I loved Pollard's attitude), but I don't think we upgraded from Vonta or Ryans.

But, no use crying over $hit you have no control over. It is what it is and the free agency era makes it very hard to hold onto multiple playmakers for any extended period.

Not crying, just acknowledging that the vote is still out on our F.O. (for me anyway). Speaking of the three Ravens, former Texans, in particular, none of them were salary cap casualties. We might have saved some money cutting Jacoby, but I don't think that was the main reason we let him go.

LeStar Jean & KMart... are they better than Jacoby? Only time will tell. We may "feel" better with those options, but only time will tell. Another thing, last time we played Baltimore, our pass defense performed pretty well by putting Jjo on the speedy Torrey Smith & Kj on the more physical Anquan Boden. What are when they've got Jjones on the field with Smith?

McCain?? He's giving up a lot of height to Jacoby. I understand that it's plus 1 for us if the Ravens are featuring Jacoby Jones in their game plan against us. Just something to think about.

Glover Quin, is he better than Pollard? I think it's a wash. Quin is better in coverage, but Pollard is a MoFo in the box, he's more aggresive than Quin, but Quin doesn't get stupid penalties that puts us in bad positions.

Vonta Leach, yeah, we blamed it on the cap, but I think we just didn't want to spend that money on a FB. I don't blame them, & I don't think we missed him as much as people like to make out. Casey isn't as good a blocker, neither was Vickers & I doubt Clutts will be either. But the run game hasn't missed a beat. Our issue Sunday went way beyond the FB position.

Letting players go, who turn out to be productive on other teams, is ok as long as you have productive players to take their place.

Texan_Bill
09-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Meh, he's Jacoby Jones.

He'll look great right up until he does something boneheaded. That's just who he is.

welsh texan
09-11-2012, 09:47 AM
a Zebra don't change his stripes.

Unless he's on strike from the league! I went there! :kingkong:

Yeh, Jacoby is a likeable guy but he was never going to develop into something we could rely on. We spent 5 years trying to develop this guy into a second string #1 receiver behind AJ, something which he had all the physical tools to do, and when the time came to call on him last season, he went missing. Again and again I've said it isn't about the muffed punt, its about we had AJ out, and we'd invested 5 years in a guy to come in and make a contribution if that happened, and Jacoby disappeared in the passing game.

I can't help thinking thats partly due to asking him to carry on as a returner when he'd clearly lost what he had at that position, and we had young guys who could have done that job instead, where maybe we should have just got him to focus on the WR position.

Jacoby could (but won't) make the ProBowl this year, I wouldn't feel upset that we let him go, he wasn't going to do it in this setting, and when you look at the young guys we're grooming in his place right now, there's a whole lot of upside, Jean made a hell of a catch in the endzone, shame he coughed it up on the ground or else people would be reviewing the last game in a whole different way, Posey and Martin both flashed their potential in pre-season and there's always Walter there doing the right things in the system so why worry about it?

BTW, a lot of guys wanted Zeitler drafted by the Texans and I saw him getting ruined on the few plays I managed to watch in that game.

Vinnie
09-11-2012, 10:11 AM
Jacoby , you owe me.

This sums it up nicely for me. I don't have any ill will against him, but he'd better return to form when we meet them in a few games and again, dare I say, in the playoffs!

Dutchrudder
09-11-2012, 10:34 AM
I believe letting Jacoby go was a strategic move to get a mole inside the Ravens organization. When the AFC Championship rolls around, he will make a big mistake in our favor and help us win the game! The plan is perfect, it cannot fail!

Hervoyel
09-11-2012, 10:57 AM
To be fair I have to admit that in my eyes Jacoby Jones started looking better the moment he stopped wearing a Texans uniform so technically I guess I agree with this thread. Jacoby Jones is looking good.

Texan_Bill
09-11-2012, 11:26 AM
To be fair I have to admit that in my eyes Jacoby Jones started looking better the moment he stopped wearing a Texans uniform so technically I guess I agree with this thread. Jacoby Jones is looking good.

Ha! I see what you did there.

badboy
09-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Who? sarcasm intended

Joeycharp89
09-11-2012, 04:31 PM
I can honestly see him doing better in Baltimore than in Houston, but that will be more due to the no-huddle offense spreading the ball around. What he does with that opportunity will be boom or bust for the Ravens. He could show his potential to get yards after the catch, or he could drop numerous passes run lousy routes and get the ball intercepted. It will be interesting to watch, and I love watching the Ravens play anyhow.

Double Barrel
09-11-2012, 04:40 PM
She had talked about how she saw him in the club out here recently and what a nut he still was. That was a few months ago though. We all know that JJ has a lot of talent, but the gy is just wet between the ears. He is your typical cat that likes to get ****ed up and party, and play football as well, but I don't see him ever taking his job seriously like he needs to. Plus, he is already past that age where most WR's break out. Sure it happens here and there after 5 years or so with certain guys, but it's pretty rare. I think JJ will be a journeyman at this point.

His high school head coach said basically the same thing in a radio interview. He said JJ was very immature and could never keep his focus on the important things. JJ likes to party and get all the attention that being a pro athlete brings, but lacks the worth ethic to live up to his god-given potential.

It's only a matter of time before the real JJ stands up.

ckhouston
09-17-2012, 11:37 AM
He was called for offensive interference and it cost them this week.

Same dude.

HOU-TEX
09-17-2012, 11:55 AM
He was called for offensive interference and it cost them this week.

Same dude.

Horrible call if you watched the play.

Then again, who cares

Tailgate
09-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Its just a matter of time before a glaring mistake presents itself.

El Tejano
09-17-2012, 02:13 PM
3 catches for 46 yards and he's being called a Pro Bowler? :toropalm:

Interesting to say the least.

Kevin Walter puts up those numbers. Why can't he go to the Pro Bowl?

thunderkyss
09-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Horrible call if you watched the play.

Then again, who cares

That was the second time he abused Nnamdi Asomugha....

Texn4life
09-17-2012, 11:23 PM
That was the second time he abused Nnamdi Asomugha....

Actually the third..... Nnamdi was called for a hold in the end zone that should have been a pass interference and had Baltimore at the 1 yard line. I don't know why Nnamdi was struggling so much with Jacoby yesterday. They actually had him following JJ all over the field.

thunderkyss
09-17-2012, 11:38 PM
Actually the third..... Nnamdi was called for a hold in the end zone that should have been a pass interference and had Baltimore at the 1 yard line. I don't know why Nnamdi was struggling so much with Jacoby yesterday. They actually had him following JJ all over the field.

I think it's because Jacoby runs better routes than many give him credit for. I used to watch him from the stands (because of what people were saying here), I don't know if anyone can cover him. He's fast & quick, very athletic & able to change directions on a dime. I honestly don't think anyone can cover him one on one.

Just can't catch. Which is odd, he worked with the QBs before the game & at times on the sideline during the game. Must be a mental thing.

Texn4life
09-17-2012, 11:43 PM
I think it's because Jacoby runs better routes than many give him credit for. I used to watch him from the stands (because of what people were saying here), I don't know if anyone can cover him. He's fast & quick, very athletic & able to change directions on a dime.

Just can't catch. Which is odd, he worked with the QBs before the game & at times on the sideline during the game. Must be a mental thing.

Having been to practices over the years I can say he can definitely be covered. In one on one drills he would be locked down on many occasions. He has athleticism though, and maybe the light is coming on for him. They've also had Webb returning punts too so maybe its allowed him to focus on the receiver position more.

Corrosion
09-18-2012, 12:22 PM
His high school head coach said basically the same thing in a radio interview. He said JJ was very immature and could never keep his focus on the important things. JJ likes to party and get all the attention that being a pro athlete brings, but lacks the worth ethic to live up to his god-given potential.

It's only a matter of time before the real JJ stands up.

I wonder if his weaknesses will be masked somewhat in Baltimore where they dont run a very complex offense. They pound the rock and their recievers run a lot of simple verticle routes. Much different than his situation here where the route combinations are designed to make the defense react and one guy not doing his job .... screws up the whole thing.

He may get more quality opportunities just running a simple fly pattern .... which even JJ should be able to handle.

Maybe this system and situation was wrong for him ...

Vinny
09-18-2012, 12:48 PM
I wonder if his weaknesses will be masked somewhat in Baltimore where they dont run a very complex offense. They pound the rock and their recievers run a lot of simple verticle routes. Much different than his situation here where the route combinations are designed to make the defense react and one guy not doing his job .... screws up the whole thing.

He may get more quality opportunities just running a simple fly pattern .... which even JJ should be able to handle.

Maybe this system and situation was wrong for him ...
Two things come to mind for me..

I think that the Ratbirds will only play him in a small % of their overall offensive snaps and his role is probably narrowly defined so he doesn't have to do any hard core ciferin' on gameday...so I agree with you there.

Many players play better when they are released or traded. They start to realize that all this NFL stuff is just temporary and it all depends on how much someone wants you. Obviously the Texans told him they don't want him anymore and I think that probably helps him grow up a bit more and this will lead him to be more productive since he can see the other side with more clarity after his Texans departure. (assuming he grows up a bit of course).

StarStruck
09-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Imagine if another Texans castoff end up wearing a Super Bowl ring.:kitten:

Dutchrudder
09-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Imagine if another Texans castoff end up wearing a Super Bowl ring.:kitten:

I doubt it this year. The Ravens' linebackers are so beat up, that their defense just isn't as good as last year. They will probably win the division, but only because the AFC north is getting weaker through aging and attrition this year. Add in the variability of injuries due to the age of their team, and they could be fighting for a wild card spot in December.

thunderkyss
09-19-2012, 02:43 PM
We keep talking about defense... the last few Super Bowl Champs haven't had strong defenses. It appears that teams with the ability to score 30 pts or more have the inside shot at winning a Super Bowl. & I'm starting to think there are more & more teams pushing the ability to score 40 pts.

The best defenses in the league may slow those teams down, but they won't stop them.

Dutchrudder
09-19-2012, 03:16 PM
We keep talking about defense... the last few Super Bowl Champs haven't had strong defenses. It appears that teams with the ability to score 30 pts or more have the inside shot at winning a Super Bowl. & I'm starting to think there are more & more teams pushing the ability to score 40 pts.

The best defenses in the league may slow those teams down, but they won't stop them.

You don't think the Giants had a strong defense last year in their 21 - 17 win over the Pats? 2 of their points came off a safety, and the last TD they scored with a minute left in the game, was allowed by the defense. Pretty low scoring in general, but the team was definitely driven by defense in that playoff run.

The Packers/Steelers 31-25 game was a bit more about offense, but the Packers did force 3 turnovers in their win. I think the offense was the driving force of the Packers that year, but their defense was still pretty good, top 10 iirc.

The Saints sealed their win with a pick 6, but that game was kind of a shootout. The Saints defense was well known for causing lots of turnovers that season as well, so while their overall stats may not have been stellar, they still disrupted opponents quite well. 31-17 isn't an unusually high scoring game though.

Go back one more year, and the highlights of the Steelers/Cardinals 27-23 game included some big defensive plays. James Harrison's 100 yard INT return for a TD at the half was awesome, and probably won them the game. The Cardinals got a safety and the ball back late in the 4th, and that set up a late TD to Fitz, but their defense couldn't hang on to win the game.

Those 4 super bowls are all around 50 points total, so it's not like there is some huge swing in the scoring going on. Each team has strengths and weaknesses, but I think you can see a good balance between both the offense and defense in most of those teams.

NastyNate
10-14-2012, 02:52 PM
:kitten: Jacoby just took the kickoff 101 yards for the score

BullBlitz
10-14-2012, 02:55 PM
:kitten: Jacoby just took the kickoff 101 yards for the score

Yes, nice run by JJ. Apparently tied the NFL record.

Fili
10-14-2012, 02:57 PM
He tied the damn record...

Wolf
10-14-2012, 02:58 PM
108 yards

dream_team
10-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Congrats Jacoby! Glad to see him succeeding!

Hervoyel
10-14-2012, 04:27 PM
I can't be magnanimous where Jones is concerned. He spun his wheels and wasted the Texans time for years here while being given every opportunity to turn his act around. Instead he rivals Rosencopter with his stupidity and poor play but then goes to Baltimore and all of a sudden it's "Great to see Jacoby getting it together".

No, **** him. **** him in his stupid ass.

BullBlitz
10-14-2012, 04:34 PM
I can't be magnanimous where Jones is concerned. He spun his wheels and wasted the Texans time for years here while being given every opportunity to turn his act around. Instead he rivals Rosencopter with his stupidity and poor play but then goes to Baltimore and all of a sudden it's "Great to see Jacoby getting it together".

No, **** him. **** him in his stupid ass.

To each his own, but I'm glad he's doing well. Same for Leach and Pollard.

Hervoyel
10-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Leach I'm all for. Pollard I'm happy to see his success. Jacoby I got nothing for.

dream_team
10-14-2012, 04:49 PM
Leach I all for. Pollard I'm happy to see his success. Jacoby I got nothing for.

Why the hate for Jacoby? It's our fault for having high expectations for him.

mattieuk
10-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Well done today Jacoby.

Would have to happen at a period of our return game being in flux though... :gun:

TexanExile
10-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Leach I all for. Pollard I'm happy to see his success. Jacoby I got nothing for.

So very much this.

Pollard could be mouthy but he frequently backed it up on the field. Anyone who doesn't recall Leach's value wasn't paying attention.

Jacoby took so much and gave very little. The playoff boneheadedness was the final straw and I'm even more annoyed now that he's decided to start paying attention in class somewhere else.

He did have Pollard-like hands though. 31 used to drop stuff that hit him in the hands too.

TexanSam
10-14-2012, 05:40 PM

High expectations? I think we all just wanted him to become a competent football player, and he never was one as a Texan. He could be an amazing return man and then pull what he did in Baltimore. He could make a big play as a WR and then not show up for 3 or 4 games in a row. He had all the opportunities in the world to succeed here, but he failed. Screw him. I hope he fumbles a punt return next week.

Hervoyel
10-14-2012, 06:40 PM

No, it's not our fault for having high expectations of him. I started out with an open mind and high hopes like I do for all Texans draft picks. I, just like every Texan fan in the world saw signs of what could be for the first year or two. He'd do something incredible then do something retarded. He'd catch a pass you couldn't imagine anyone even seeing and then drop a pass that hit him right square in the numbers. Young guys do that and you hope they become more reliable, not less. He got chance after chance to step up and he never could do it. The disappearing act he did in his last season here was the final straw for me. When the team needed him most to step up he vanished. Then, when they got to the playoffs and advanced to Baltimore he couldn't just stay gone. He couldn't just quietly do his usual sub-par job. No, he had to pull that **** with the punt and put us in a hole. We would have been better off if he'd missed the plane.

Frankly I hate the guy and the thought of him ever getting a ring makes me nauseous in the same way that Carr having one makes people sick.

Playoffs
10-14-2012, 06:52 PM
F#@% Jacoby. His interests conflict with ours.

He helped our conference rivals today win a game they should've lost.

DBCooper
10-14-2012, 07:08 PM
F#@% Jacoby. His interests conflict with ours.

He helped our conference rivals today win a game they should've lost.

Exactly.

He wears the uniform of the rivals of our time.

The Ravens beat us out of the playoffs last year and now they are competing for home field advantage in the playoffs against us this year.

Jacoby's play help them win a game they easily could have lost.

This is the same reason I hate Fantasy football so damn much.

Marcus
10-14-2012, 07:11 PM
No, it's not our fault for having high expectations of him. I started out with an open mind and high hopes like I do for all Texans draft picks. I, just like every Texan fan in the world saw signs of what could be for the first year or two. He'd do something incredible then do something retarded. He'd catch a pass you couldn't imagine anyone even seeing and then drop a pass that hit him right square in the numbers. Young guys do that and you hope they become more reliable, not less. He got chance after chance to step up and he never could do it. The disappearing act he did in his last season here was the final straw for me. When the team needed him most to step up he vanished. Then, when they got to the playoffs and advanced to Baltimore he couldn't just stay gone. He couldn't just quietly do his usual sub-par job. No, he had to pull that **** with the punt and put us in a hole. We would have been better off if he'd missed the plane.

Frankly I hate the guy and the thought of him ever getting a ring makes me nauseous in the same way that Carr having one makes people sick.

This. Let me repeat. THIS!

I'll never forgive him for what he did the playoff game when he was playing for us. And I hope he gets decleated every time he gets the ball.

MEGA SWATT
10-14-2012, 08:18 PM
Jacoby might just screw up in the playoffs and cost the raves a game

Texecutioner
10-14-2012, 09:46 PM

I'll never forgive him for what he did the playoff game when he was playing for us. And I hope he gets decleated every time he gets the ball.

For me it isn't about what he did in that playoff game. It was the multiple seasons of him muffing those punts, dropping balls, and his lack of evolvement as a receiver. You could tell the guy just never seemed to have the focus for an NFL player that wants to become a big time player. He seemed perfectly happy making his big play every 4 games or so with a KR here and there. He just always came off as a knucklehead to me. Him screwing up so badly in the playoffs wasn't surprising, but truly was the icing on the cake for the disappointing play he always displayed here. And then having to hear from people that apparently grew up with him and hearing them tell me what a knucklehead he was for real just put my disdain for him over the top. I'm just waiting for him to screw up big time on the Ravens.

thunderkyss
10-15-2012, 02:12 AM
For me it isn't about what he did in that playoff game. It was the multiple seasons of him muffing those punts, dropping balls, and his lack of evolvement as a receiver.

Funny, Jacoby is gone & the problems still remain....

hmmmm...

Double Barrel
10-15-2012, 11:54 AM

Jacoby Jones never lived up to his potential as a Texan.

That's ALL on him, not us. He could have worked harder but instead needed the wake-up call of getting cut and signed to another team to start applying himself.

But, under it all, he's still Jacoby Jones. It's just a matter of time before the real Jacoby Jones stands up. Hopefully next week and during a playoff game.

Heath Shuler
10-15-2012, 12:11 PM
But, under it all, he's still Jacoby Jones. It's just a matter of time before the real Jacoby Jones stands up.

and I'd bet money it will be at the most inopportune time

Dutchrudder
10-15-2012, 12:15 PM

That's ALL on him, not us. He could have worked harder but instead needed the wake-up call of getting cut and signed to another team to start applying himself.

But, under it all, he's still Jacoby Jones. It's just a matter of time before the real Jacoby Jones stands up. Hopefully next week and during a playoff game.

I don't understand this sentiment. I just heard ND Kalu on the radio talking about Jacoby's "improvement" as well, but it's not translating into receiving stats. He's on pace for another 500 yards and 2 or 3 TD season, which is about par for what he did here. He had several TD returns in his career as a Texan, so I don't see why one return TD would be all that big of a deal. If he has some more 50+ yard returns, then maybe it speaks more to Coach Joe's system rather than his ability to return kicks well.

Vinny
10-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Exactly.

He wears the uniform of the rivals of our time.

The Ravens beat us out of the playoffs last year and now they are competing for home field advantage in the playoffs against us this year.

Jacoby's play help them win a game they easily could have lost.

We all know that Jacoby. The one with the potential to take one back to the house...and does on occasion. He's still the same guy who will let you down in crunch time. I'd bet money on it.

beerlover
10-15-2012, 12:41 PM
Guess its easier to blame or single out a specific player instead of replacing the last original Texan coach? :texflag:

Double Barrel
10-15-2012, 12:41 PM
I don't understand this sentiment. I just heard ND Kalu on the radio talking about Jacoby's "improvement" as well, but it's not translating into receiving stats. He's on pace for another 500 yards and 2 or 3 TD season, which is about par for what he did here. He had several TD returns in his career as a Texan, so I don't see why one return TD would be all that big of a deal. If he has some more 50+ yard returns, then maybe it speaks more to Coach Joe's system rather than his ability to return kicks well.

I'm talking more about Jacoby's attention to avoiding mistakes during punts and kickoffs. That's the only improvement that I would grant him...but, let's see him do it for an entire season without costing the Ravens a game.

I do not think he will ever be that great of a receiver. He has the "ocho cinco" syndrome of being a one trick pony as WR. JMO

thunderkyss
10-15-2012, 05:59 PM

Really? We expected him to be our #1 receiver when Andre went down. That's on us (or Gary). He's not a number 1, never will be. He's a slot receiver, possible #2, but this unhealthy love we've got for KDub... we didn't have a place for him on this team unless he could replace Andre.

That's on us (or Gary).

In Baltimore, they know what they've got. He's a number three receiver, if Boldin or Torry can't make a game, they're not going to ask Jacoby to be their #1 receiver. One of those other two will & Jacoby will be asked to step his game up a little..... to #2 receiver, to draw some attention away from the #1.

That's on us (or Gary).

He's a knucklehead from Lane College. Shouldn't still be in the NFL. He won't ever be our #1 receiver, but to be a third receiver on a winning NFL team.... that's a success story for anyone but a Texans fan.

:vincepalm:

BullBlitz
10-15-2012, 06:17 PM
High expectations? I think we all just wanted him to become a competent football player, and he never was one as a Texan. He could be an amazing return man and then pull what he did in Baltimore. He could make a big play as a WR and then not show up for 3 or 4 games in a row. He had all the opportunities in the world to succeed here, but he failed. Screw him. I hope he fumbles a punt return next week.

I hope he returns one for a TD. He always tried his best for us, even if he wasn't always successful.

Double Barrel
10-15-2012, 06:19 PM
When his high school coach comes on Houston airwaves last season and starts talking about Jacoby's immaturity issues and inability to curb his party lifestyle in order to be more devoted to football...well, that's ALL on Jacoby Jones.

Kubiak most likely gave J.J. the benefit of the doubt based on his potential. But, only the individual can fulfill that potential, which is why I feel the way I do. Dedication and devotion are what makes good players great. Jacoby is "good" based on natural talent. He will never be great because he lacks the between-the-ears mentality to elevate his game.

thunderkyss
10-15-2012, 06:32 PM
When his high school coach comes on Houston airwaves last season and starts talking about Jacoby's immaturity issues and inability to curb his party lifestyle in order to be more devoted to football...well, that's ALL on Jacoby Jones.

What's his highschool coach know about what Jacoby is doing now?

We've got Arian Foster saying he, Jacoby, & Casey put in extra time after practice working on routes, working on their hands.... who cares what his high-school coach has to say.

He wasn't "great" in high-school, because he wanted to party & live his life.... big whoop. He's living the dream right now, a productive player on one of the best teams in the league.

BullBlitz
10-15-2012, 06:38 PM

We've got Arian Foster saying he, Jacoby, & Casey put in extra time after practice working on routes, working on their hands.... who cares what his high-school coach has to say.

He wasn't "great" in high-school, because he wanted to party & live his life.... big whoop. He's living the dream right now, a productive player on one of the best teams in the league.

Yes, he seems to be growing into his role. It's about time, but I'm glad to see him have some success after the way our fans treated him after the Ravens game last year.

thunderkyss
10-15-2012, 06:42 PM
Yes, he seems to be growing into his role. It's about time, but I'm glad to see him have some success after the way our fans treated him after the Ravens game last year.

I like Jacoby. I like successs stories. I think Jacoby is a success story. Dude came from nothing.

But he deserved al the criticism he got after his Special Teams performance. I don't think that cost us the game, but it was dumb, too dumb for a player of his tenure.

Double Barrel
10-15-2012, 06:43 PM

There was lots of chatter on Houston waves about Jacoby partying on night's before games and not knowing the playbook.

His high school coach just said that has always been his problem.

HE'S STILL FRIENDS WITH JACOBY JONES. That's how he knows what he's doing right now.

We've got Arian Foster saying he, Jacoby, & Casey put in extra time after practice working on routes, working on their hands....

Why did the Texans give him an $11 million contract before the 2011 season? They saw something that indicated that he could step up and play.

What they saw must have been all that extra time on the practice field. :jogger:

Unfortunately, he immediately SUCKED when given the chance.

I've said it before and I am now one thousand percent certain -- Jacoby Jones is not an NFL wide receiver and will never be a capable NFL wide receiver. In a league where making 99 percent of the routine plays is barely acceptable, he makes like 80 percent of the routine plays (if that), which would be fine except he has never once made a single play offensively that's bailed out his quarterback. Not a single spectacular offensive play that makes you say "Wow, good thing we have Jacoby Jones on our team." Not one.

When you ask anyone who is pro-Jones what he brings to the table the answers are some variation of "He has great athletic ability" (Big deal, go do the decathlon) or "He's been in the system for five years" (It's football, not a tenured public schools teaching position). And that's just it -- he HAS been in the system five years now, and shows NO progress. Zero. None. He is who he is, a cardboard cutout of a wide receiver who still comes out of breaks and runs routes so carelessly that it looks like Matt Schaub drew the play up in the dirt. He was targeted eleven times yesterday and caught ONE pass for nine yards. If that doesn't reverberate with you then go look at box scores for games around the NFL and see what normal catch-to-target ratios are. To catch one ball and be targeted ELEVEN times, you almost have to be trying not to catch balls. Or you're Jacoby Jones. If you need one easy-to-find shred of evidence that he just doesn't get it, watch the final play. Basic, remedial wide receiver instinct tells you to peel off and run to space in the direction your quarterback is rolling to help your guy make a play. Once the play broke down, Jacoby was clueless and stayed glued to Michael Huff's hip. Bad throw by Schaub, worse improvisation by Jacoby.

Source (http://blogs.houstonpress.com/hairballs/2012/05/jacoby_jones_released_by_the_t.php?page=2)

rolyat93
10-15-2012, 08:09 PM
I like that they're getting their hopes up for JJ, he'll kill him when they need him most.

beerlover
10-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Wonder if Trindon Holliday returns kicks tonight for Denver? what if he takes one to the house? If that happens it's time to send Joe Marciano a going away party :goodluck:

DBCooper
10-15-2012, 08:36 PM
I hope he returns one for a TD. He always tried his best for us, even if he wasn't always successful.

You do realize that he plays us next week, right?

Texan_Bill
10-15-2012, 08:46 PM
The "change of scenery" thing is serving him well. I hope that he realizes ALL of the chances the Texans gave him, he blew it and now is figuring things out (between the ears)....

That said, he'll be (Jacoby), at a point or two this season will cost the Ravens a game or two, or at least put the Ravens in jeopardy of a game. I kinda hope it will be this Sunday because we know he'll be amped up here in Houston.

Instead of the Bull Pen chanting "JONES... JONES... JONES....JONES..." as we did in the past, We should chant (in that condescending way).... "jacoby..... jacoby..... jacoby"

Premier
10-15-2012, 10:52 PM
jacoby never really "sucked" he was just terribly inconsistent.. and for us he didnt perform when it mattered the most.. there were times when jacoby caught everything thrown his way, then times he could get open and couldnt catch a cold.. hes streaky right now, he returned a td for us last year too and was pretty much never heard from again..

ubecool454
10-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Jacoby will stink.

She sounds like a hater....and there is a hater in every crowd. Why don't you just let her run her mouth and not come on these boards with this second hand information. No one really cares.

ubecool454
10-16-2012, 04:56 PM

you are sick...seek help!

ubecool454
10-16-2012, 04:59 PM
For me it isn't about what he did in that playoff game. It was the multiple seasons of him muffing those punts, dropping balls, and his lack of evolvement as a receiver. You could tell the guy just never seemed to have the focus for an NFL player that wants to become a big time player. He seemed perfectly happy making his big play every 4 games or so with a KR here and there. He just always came off as a knucklehead to me. Him screwing up so badly in the playoffs wasn't surprising, but truly was the icing on the cake for the disappointing play he always displayed here. And then having to hear from people that apparently grew up with him and hearing them tell me what a knucklehead he was for real just put my disdain for him over the top. I'm just waiting for him to screw up big time on the Ravens.

God god man...I could see if you knew the guy personally and didn't like him. A person really has to do something to me personally for me to dislike them. Sounds like he isn't the only knucklehead around these parts. I still like JJ and want to see him do good (except this sunday). I didn't see this much hate for David Carr. Carr got all the blame but he really didn't deserve it.

ubecool454
10-16-2012, 05:02 PM

Kubiak most likely gave J.J. the benefit of the doubt based on his potential. But, only the individual can fulfill that potential, which is why I feel the way I do. Dedication and devotion are what makes good players great. Jacoby is "good" based on natural talent. He will never be great because he lacks the between-the-ears mentality to elevate his game.

The guy is young and like most pro athletes...the women chase them and they like to party.

Dutchrudder
10-16-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm talking more about Jacoby's attention to avoiding mistakes during punts and kickoffs. That's the only improvement that I would grant him...but, let's see him do it for an entire season without costing the Ravens a game.

I do not think he will ever be that great of a receiver. He has the "ocho cinco" syndrome of being a one trick pony as WR. JMO

Well I can't say I have watched too many Ravens games this year, but looking at his stats, JJ has only had 11 return attempts, 3 KO, 8 punts, 4 of which were fair catches. For comparison, last year he had 49 punt return attempts in 16 games with the Texans. Give him some time, and I'm sure he'll make a mistake or two.

disaacks3
10-16-2012, 05:24 PM
She sounds like a hater....and there is a hater in every crowd. Why don't you just let her run her mouth and not come on these boards with this second hand information. No one really cares.

God god man...I could see if you knew the guy personally and didn't like him. A person really has to do something to me personally for me to dislike them. Sounds like he isn't the only knucklehead around these parts. I still like JJ and want to see him do good (except this sunday). I didn't see this much hate for David Carr. Carr got all the blame but he really didn't deserve it.

So, he's got good information on Jacoby from (at least to him) a reliable source, and that just makes the source a hater. Then you knock him for NOT knowing him personally to justify his dislike.

How about, he believes his source and has both a professional AND personal reason to dislike the young man? Just a thought...

Double Barrel
10-16-2012, 06:30 PM
The guy is young and like most pro athletes...the women chase them and they like to party.

Football should come first when a team is paying you millions of dollars.

I don't wish bad stuff on the guy, but I'm not going to root for him. My loyalties are with players that represent my team. Jacoby Jones is no longer one of those guys.

You are free to buy his Ravens jersey, though, and wear it with pride. :kitten:

DBCooper
10-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Football should come first when a team is paying you millions of dollars.

I don't wish bad stuff on the guy, but I'm not going to root for him. My loyalties are with players that represent my team. Jacoby Jones is no longer one of those guys.

You are free to buy his Ravens jersey, though, and wear it with pride. :kitten:

You know, it's really not even worth buying anyone's Jersey anymore.

When we were kids you could. Most players stayed at the same team their entire careers.

I just can't root for a single player, this is football, it's all about the colors.

Hervoyel
10-17-2012, 01:40 PM
You know, it's really not even worth buying anyone's Jersey anymore.

When we were kids you could. Most players stayed at the same team their entire careers.

I just can't root for a single player, this is football, it's all about the colors.

A real jersey's is damn near indestructable. I've got a couple of the high-end real ones from the early years when the Texans first started. One was a Boselli and the other was a Carr. Now the Carr jersey is a Schaub (Thank you Matt for keeping that number) and the other is waiting on me to decide what name/number kit to order from Eastern Lettering because I'm tired of waiting for another #71 to emerge.

I have a bunch of other jerseys but they're all fakes that ran around $25 each. It's not worth it to me to pay for anything more expensive than that. Right now if I was going to spend a bunch of money on a jersey AJ would be about the only player it would make sense to spend that kind of cash on. $80 will be good-to-go for years after he's retired. Maybe Watt or Cushing or Foster but only time will tell. I'd have thought Mario & DeMeco's jerseys would have been like that but they're gone.

DBCooper
10-17-2012, 07:11 PM
A real jersey's is damn near indestructable. I've got a couple of the high-end real ones from the early years when the Texans first started. One was a Boselli and the other was a Carr. Now the Carr jersey is a Schaub (Thank you Matt for keeping that number) and the other is waiting on me to decide what name/number kit to order from Eastern Lettering because I'm tired of waiting for another #71 to emerge.

I have a bunch of other jerseys but they're all fakes that ran around $25 each. It's not worth it to me to pay for anything more expensive than that. Right now if I was going to spend a bunch of money on a jersey AJ would be about the only player it would make sense to spend that kind of cash on. $80 will be good-to-go for years after he's retired. Maybe Watt or Cushing or Foster but only time will tell. I'd have thought Mario & DeMeco's jerseys would have been like that but they're gone.

I know, I love the material they are made out of, I was speaking more along the lines of players.

But I'm with you, I love Jerseys too.

Double Barrel
10-18-2012, 10:25 AM
The best way to go, IMO, is getting a custom jersey. You never have to worry about a player leaving the team or getting involved with some sordid scandal. You will always sport your own name/number. I plan on having my same jersey 30 years from now. :howdy:

StarStruck
10-18-2012, 11:11 AM
I like Jacoby and wish him all the best, except when he plays in Reliant on Sunday. I live in the Missouri City area and a lot of people I know think he is an ok guy. One of his former neighbors said that JJ and friends played their music loud and once things were quiet he assumed they had gone finally gone to bed. I got the impression the neighbor was speaking of living near a young single individual rather than him being a nuisance to the neighborhood.

Authentic has been my jersey of choice since I have been a season ticket holder. I must look into the name kits, because the way the players are here today, gone tomorrow jerseys have gotten to be quite expensive to stay current.

Of course, I have always gone cheap and ordered from Ebay and have been satisfied with the exception of two with the purchase. One was TO and the numbers were really sewn on loosely and they raveled, and the second was Sharper where the numbers on the back were so huge it was obviously fake. I purchased a Dez Bryant jersey last year or was it two, that I thought looked really good for about $40. Out of curiousity when I visited the pro shop, I compared mine with the one the rack and they were exactly the same with the exception of the pro shop price was $250.

I've read in another thread that some of the Texans had found a good deal on jerseys in $20ish range. I would like some feedback on buyers satisfaction and how close do they resemble the authentics. I really don't mind knockoffs if the quality is there because most with the stitched letters look great for years whereby the screened ones are about good for a year of washing before beginning to look better suited for wearing when washing the car.

DBCooper
10-18-2012, 01:27 PM
The best way to go, IMO, is getting a custom jersey. You never have to worry about a player leaving the team or getting involved with some sordid scandal. You will always sport your own name/number. I plan on having my same jersey 30 years from now. :howdy:

That's a really good idea.

jaayteetx
11-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Anyone notice Jacoby took another one to the house today too? Geez.

Double Barrel
11-12-2012, 12:39 PM
yikes...first player in NFL history to have two 105+ yards TD returns in the same season.

Congrats, Jacoby Jones, fwiw.

GP
11-12-2012, 12:52 PM
To me, I don't really care.

Those two guys could go three years without a TD now. Hester hasn't returned a punt for a TD since middle of LAST YEAR.

Our ST is going to stink with or without those two guys. Now, if we had a truly GREAT special teams coach who could get this team to function well enough for a guy like Holliday to return kicks in the system??? Yeah, that's when it'll be depressing.

But Keyshawn Martin had a nice kickoff return that was negated by a holding penalty. He moves forward, rather than dancing around, which is good. And he has speed, too. Overall, we have to get a better ST coach in here to coach those guys up better.

I cannot imagine how the ST has fallen this far this fast. They used to be a great unit two years ago. Last year and this year has been uggggly. UGLY.

drs23
11-12-2012, 01:44 PM
I cannot imagine how the ST has fallen this far this fast. They used to be a great unit two years ago. Last year and this year has been uggggly. UGLY.

GP, you haven't noticed it was when the 4 man wedge was outlawed? Joe hasn't made the adjustment.

paycheck71
11-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Was watching Inside the NFL yesterday and caught this little exchange between JJ and Harbaugh

Harbaugh - "You're lucky you've got a coach that believes in you"
Jacoby - "And I loved it, I loved it!"
Harbaugh - "Is that a blessing or what?"

Poor Jacoby. :) No one believed in him here.

The Pencil Neck
11-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Was watching Inside the NFL yesterday and caught this little exchange between JJ and Harbaugh

We didn't let him play his game. We tried to make him think too much.

Wrong guy for our system.

DexmanC
11-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Harbaugh is an ex-special teams coach. I'm sure nobody was happier the
Texans dropped Jacoby than he was. If you take a look at the Probowl voting,
Jacoby is the lead vote-getter for kick returner.

Nice to see Jacoby shining.

GP
11-15-2012, 05:15 PM

Wow. I'm glad we have a classier head coach than what the Ravens have.

One of these days, maybe he'll be smart enough to stop believing in Joe Flacco. For the sake of his own job security.

Now I genuinely hope Jacoby muffs a kick and the other team scores from it, and to win the game on it too. Let's see how good that tastes, Jim.

Norg
11-15-2012, 05:17 PM
radio brought up our field again i think we need to stop using the checker board field and just use one big tray

thunderkyss
11-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Now I genuinely hope Jacoby muffs a kick and the other team scores from it, and to win the game on it too. Let's see how good that tastes, Jim.

That's showing them some real class GP. Keep representing brother.

GP
11-15-2012, 06:47 PM
That's showing them some real class GP. Keep representing brother.

EDIT: On second thought, it's not worth it to even get into it with you.

Kubiak looks better and better every time I hear a Harbaugh or a Rex Ryan say the things they say.

paycheck71
11-15-2012, 07:27 PM
radio brought up our field again i think we need to stop using the checker board field and just use one big tray

That's not possible at Reliant.

thunderkyss
11-16-2012, 06:31 AM
EDIT: On second thought, it's not worth it to even get into it with you.

Kubiak looks better and better every time I hear a Harbaugh or a Rex Ryan say the things they say.

I'll agree with you on that. But I've always said that was one of Kubiak's strengths, he controls that locker room. Something Rex doesn't know how to do.

Harbaugh is a different story, he's been winning since he got to the NFL. I have no idea if he'll be able to pull that group of guys together when things aren't going their way. But if things continue to go their way, he must be doing something right.

I did agree with you on Harbaugh's statement & the class it showed.

I'm trying to work with you.

DexmanC
11-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Jacoby just went BEAST MODE on Sunday Night Football.

He's a special teams Hall of Fame candidate.

....I called it early.

paycheck71
11-18-2012, 09:09 PM
Jacoby doing his thing again...

Corrosion
11-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Jacoby doing his thing again...

He'll put on on the turf sooner than later .... He's a mistake or a big play waiting to happen. Feast or Famine.

DexmanC
11-18-2012, 09:59 PM
He'll put on on the turf sooner than later .... He's a mistake or a big play waiting to happen. Feast or Famine.

Feast or famine? For the last few weeks, Jacoby's been eatin' good.

Texecutioner
11-18-2012, 10:03 PM

....I called it early.

This is a bad joke.

Putting JJ's name and the HOF in the same sentence is ridiculous on so many levels. The guy just got ran out of town for being so bad on special teams. No one goes to the HOF for being a special teams player unless you're some great kicker or something. JJ is not a good WR. He is nothing but a fast runner who can make big plays occassionally and can also make huge mistakes occassionally. He is the same guy in Baltimore that he was in Houston.

Shaft75
11-18-2012, 10:09 PM
Feast or famine? For the last few weeks, Jacoby's been eatin' good.

Which means that he'll be so money in a big game. Riiiiiiiightttt...

Not buying it. Dude will choke in the spotlight, again. He's more interested in going to the scrip club than he is in greatness.

paycheck71
11-18-2012, 10:47 PM
Now the Steelers are squibbing kickoffs to keep it away from Jacoby. :)

EllisUnit
11-18-2012, 10:56 PM

....I called it early.

change of scenery has made a difference. he will be same ole jacoby once the new wears off.

Hervoyel
11-19-2012, 12:02 AM
change of scenery has made a difference. he will be same ole jacoby once the new wears off.

I don't even care anymore. I follow one team and only marginally pay attention to what former Texans do. Jacoby is just another Baltimore Raven at this point.

thunderkyss
11-19-2012, 08:38 AM

Doesn't matter, every body makes a mistake... bigger the stakes, the bigger the mistake. Instead, if I were a Baltimore fan... & we just beat the Steelers by 3 points... I'm feast'n

F@#$ all the naysayers.

thunderkyss
11-19-2012, 08:42 AM
This is a bad joke.

The guy just got ran out of town for being so bad on special teams.

& our special teams coach got his a$$ reemed just last week. & they made the same mistake by letting Trindon Holliday go & he's feast'n in Denver.

Try to be objective, watch the freak'n game, props where props is due. If you're so sure that Jj is going to put it on the ground, wait for it & make your case when it happens.

GP
11-19-2012, 09:38 AM
I don't even care anymore. I follow one team and only marginally pay attention to what former Texans do. Jacoby is just another Baltimore Raven at this point.

Exactly.

People fall in love with players and follow them to their new team like a lovestruck teenager who has a poster of Bieber on their bedroom wall.

"OMG! Look what he's doing with another team!"

So what.

I mean, do we do this on every single player who leaves the Texans? Or is it just fun to find the ones who go on to actually DO something and build it up as a thing of "Man, look what we had and let get away from us!"???

The Broncos fans probably aren't on their message board talking about Chris Myers right now. Are they?

It's so silly. For every Jacoby Jones who goes on to have a good season (or more) there are a dozen David Carrs who don't. Our batting average is pretty good, in terms of who we let go and what they do for their new teams. Leach and Ryans are probably the two standout players out of a pile of players we've let go. Jacoby MIGHT turn out to be in the Leach/Ryans group, but it's one season right now.

Dread-Head
11-19-2012, 09:43 AM
When the Ravens get here in the playoffs...Every Texas who was part of the LOSS last year should remember his SEASONS of inept play. They should remember EVERY play he ever screwed up. Every ball he ever dropped and the fact that his bone headed play COST THEM a trip to the AFC Championship and light him up like a Christmas tree. They should show him a molecule of mercy.

DexmanC
11-19-2012, 10:05 PM
The same people hatin' on Jacoby, spent the same amount of passion
being in love with David Anderson. Some were even comparing his skillset
with Wes Welker.

Jacoby's still in the league. Your boy David Anderson is on his couch watching
Conan O'brien. Get over it.

Corrosion
11-19-2012, 10:47 PM
with Wes Welker.

The same people cryin that we let Jacoby go were the same people cryin that we extended his contract .... or that we hadnt cut him before the fumble in the Baltimore game.

Jacoby has world class speed .... but his decision making was suspect here in Houston.

Im happy for the guy tho , seems the change of scenery did him a world of good.

Scooter
11-20-2012, 12:47 AM

always a race thing with you

i defended jacoby as long as anyone here. i wanted him to do well because regardless of realization, the potential was always there. he failed to realize it because IMO there was a sense of entitlement. mental errors and flaws in his game kept him from being his best. now that he's had a wake up call "wait, i can be cut?!?!", he's shown that small school mentality and aggression that we drafted him for. still one of the most immature players in the league, and shows signs of being a bit of a head case, but it's obvious that he's taking football MUCH MUCH MUCH more seriously now than he did as a texan. forget the runs, forget everything else - watch the way he fields the ball ... there's a focus that didnt exist here, a football mentality that he took for granted.

that immaturity however is why i cant fault those expecting the worst. he's going to settle in (again), believe his hype (again), and blunder a great opportunity (again). he's shown me he's a football player again, but has yet to prove an ounce of accountability.

thunderkyss
11-20-2012, 05:15 AM
always a race thing with you

i defended jacoby as long as anyone here. i wanted him to do well because regardless of realization, the potential was always there. he failed to realize it because IMO there was a sense of entitlement. mental errors and flaws in his game kept him from being his best. now that he's had a wake up call "wait, i can be cut?!?!", he's shown that small school mentality and aggression that we drafted him for. still one of the most immature players in the league, and shows signs of being a bit of a head case, but it's obvious that he's taking football MUCH MUCH MUCH more seriously now than he did as a texan. forget the runs, forget everything else - watch the way he fields the ball ... there's a focus that didnt exist here, a football mentality that he took for granted.

that immaturity however is why i cant fault those expecting the worst. he's going to settle in (again), believe his hype (again), and blunder a great opportunity (again). he's shown me he's a football player again, but has yet to prove an ounce of accountability.

The only thing I don't like about this explanation & explanations like this, is that Jacoby hasn't had any off-field "issues" for at least a year. I want to say 2 years.

And, Arian talked about Jacoby like a brother, and mentioned on several occasions how he, Jacoby, & Casey would work out after practice when everyone was gone.

So I think he got over the immaturity thing & left Houston as a true professional.

GP
11-20-2012, 09:35 AM
with Wes Welker.

That's a flat out lie.

I've bashed David Anderson as hard as I did Jacoby. In fact, in the camp and preseason leading up to his last year here (last season) I even went so far as to say that Jacoby's production AND his upside was significantly larger than David Anderson.

I know plenty of people, hell if not the majority of us, who disliked David Anderson being a constant presence on this team.

ckhouston
02-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Dude has stepped up for the Ravens.

I still believe he cost us that game, but cant hate no more.

Dude was just money!

TexansBull
02-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Speechless. Good for Jacoby. Status quo for Houston sports teams.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Insideop
02-03-2013, 11:27 PM
While I'm happy for Jacoby, Leach, and Pollard, it just makes me sick to see all the players we lose, cut, or trade go to other teams and win championships or become big play makers like Holiday. I know a lot of it is cap related, especially last year, but I'm getting concerned we will continue to bleed our talent out and never win a championship. It seems like a team has to hit in the draft every year with 3 or 4 players just to keep their team in the playoffs regularly. I keep wondering what would have happened if we could've kept Winston, Brisiel, and Jacoby, and Cushing was healthy all season. :thinking: I still think we are close but they will have to have another great draft to help us get to the top.

Also, I think Jacoby should have been at least co-MVP with Flacco. They wouldn't have won without him. Way to go Jacoby! You got your ring! Just wish it would have been with the Texans.

Norg
02-03-2013, 11:34 PM
should rick smith be fired seriously its not hes been hitting some stealler Draft picks in rounds 2-7

lets face it JJWATT was a wade pick

Pollard leech JJ and holiday

bottom line is he payed the wrong players

butt what gets me is on paper he made all the right decesions

Pollard sucks in coverage

No wayyy u pay a FB 12 million

and Jones was average here

JCTexan
02-03-2013, 11:43 PM
should rick smith be fired seriously its not hes been hitting some stealler Draft picks in rounds 2-7

I don't quite understand this post. You're saying he made the right decision by getting rid of Pollard, Leach & Jones? Then what's your gripe?

And who exactly are the wrong players he paid? Manning, Joseph, Smith? Bottom-line, the Texans can't pay every player that plays well for the team.

handswarmer
02-03-2013, 11:46 PM
We, in Baltimore, thank you...

Norg
02-03-2013, 11:53 PM
I don't quite understand this post. You're saying he made the right decision by getting rid of Pollard, Leach & Jones? Then what's your gripe?

And who exactly are the wrong players he paid? Manning, Joseph, Smith? Bottom-line, the Texans can't pay every player that plays well for the team.

i meant i would of prob made the same decesions but obvs Rick payed the wrong people should of payed thoes guys and got rid of someone else

JCTexan
02-04-2013, 12:02 AM
i meant i would of prob made the same decesions but obvs Rick payed the wrong people should of payed thoes guys and got rid of someone else

He paid the wrong people? Like who? I would rather have Manning than Pollard. I would rather have Joseph than Leach... Who are the wrong people he paid?

BullNation4Life
02-04-2013, 01:09 AM

My gripe would be the fact the Texans let Leech walk to pay Jacoby Jones, then cut Jones like a year or so later...

thunderkyss
02-04-2013, 08:24 AM
While I'm happy for Jacoby, Leach, and Pollard, it just makes me sick to see all the players we lose, cut, or trade go to other teams and win championships or become big play makers like Holiday.

All those players were cut or let go. Pollard & Leach we didn't want to pay them so we let their contracts expire. Jacoby & Trindon, straight up cut...

I understand where you're coming from, but it doesn't bother me that these guys go on to find success, especially guys like Trindon & Jacoby who wouldn't be in the league if not for the Texans taking a chance on little known talented players.

What upsets me, is that we get nothing for them. Trindon & Jacoby were draft picks. Pollard we only had for one year & he was a standout in KC already. Someone would have picked him up anyway, so it would have been difficult to get anything in return for him.

Leach, was unknown & under appreciated before he came here though. They knew they had a commodity there & they knew they weren't going to pay him. They pay Jacoby, KDub, & Winston & had to let Leach go.

:smh:

GuerillaBlack
02-04-2013, 08:34 AM
My gripe would be the fact the Texans let Leech walk to pay Jacoby Jones, then cut Jones like a year or so later...

The Texans FO needs someone who knows how to work the cap. This stuff is ridiculous. I totally forgot that the reason they let Leech go was to sign Jones. The Ravens know how to do it.

handswarmer
02-04-2013, 08:46 AM
The Texans FO needs someone who knows how to work the cap. This stuff is ridiculous. I totally forgot that the reason they let Leech go was to sign Jones. The Ravens know how to do it.

We are right up against the cap- no way this team even resembles teteam that just won the Super Bowl. So many Free Agents to be re-signed....

Rey
02-04-2013, 09:09 AM
This was never about jacoby. Or Joe Marciano. This is about kubiak. He is too uptight as a coach. You can tell just by looking at his face on the sidelines. He gets that upset stomach face. He doesn't look at field goals. He's not confident. You can tell with how schaub plays. Kubiak is so afraid of mistakes that much of the team doesn't play loosely. They get so knotted up when big games come around.

Trindon and jacoby have had the same natural ability they have now since they came into the league. But before kubiak puts guys like that on the field he has to make sure they know how much he hates mistakes. So what you have is a bunch of guys that are thinking too much and not letting their natural ability shine. You have Kevin Walter starting for multiple years and Ben Tate not getting carries.

Rey
02-04-2013, 09:19 AM
, especially guys like Trindon & Jacoby who wouldn't be in the league if not for the Texans taking a chance on little known talented players. :smh:

What?

So we drafted a guy in the third round that wouldn't be in the league had we not drafted him?

And someone would have picked up trindon. He'd probably have gotten drafted by someone else after our pick and at the very least he'd have been on a camp roster somewhere. Trindon wasn't some "little known" player. Everyone knew who trindon holiday was in the football world.

GP
02-04-2013, 10:35 AM
This was never about jacoby. Or Joe Marciano. This is about kubiak. He is too uptight as a coach. You can tell just by looking at his face on the sidelines. He gets that upset stomach face. He doesn't look at field goals. He's not confident. You can tell with how schaub plays. Kubiak is so afraid of mistakes that much of the team doesn't play loosely. They get so knotted up when big games come around.

Trindon and jacoby have had the same natural ability they have now since they came into the league. But before kubiak puts guys like that on the field he has to make sure they know how much he hates mistakes. So what you have is a bunch of guys that are thinking too much and not letting their natural ability shine. You have Kevin Walter starting for multiple years and Ben Tate not getting carries.

Pollard and Jacoby fit on the Ravens because of that very reason: They let those guys PLAY.

Kubiak, as you mentioned, he wants obedient and loyal task runners who just do the basics and leave the free-styling at home for the Xbox 360.

I couldn't help but notice how fluid and natural the Ravens looked last night. I was watching them and thinking "Wow. These guys are just having fun and just doing things so naturally." It was refreshing to watch.

Meanwhile, the 49ers were looking like the Texans out there: They didn't figure out that certain formations and certain play calls (Kap's numerous roll outs that were stuffed every time) weren't working and were NOT going to work ever again that evening. They looked tense. Like they knew they would get a beating if they lost. They looked like they felt they were the better team and that the Ravens should just accept their fate (sound familiar, anyone?).

Kudos to the coaching staff of the Ravens. (1) They let go of an O.C. in the middle of the season and they end up winning the Super Bowl. IIRC, the fired O.C. (Cam Cameron) was the guy calling the shots when the Ravens got blown out vs. the Texans this year. Well, they figured that they'd had enough of THAT. And look, a ring came their way! I don't ever want to hear that you cannot make that drastic of a coaching move in mid-season. Bull****. You CAN. Myth busted. (2) The coaches held them together, maneuvered them through the playoffs, and let them have fun and let them play with reckless abandon in the SB.

I still give props to 49ers for figuring out that Alex Smith was not the answer and for developing the pistol with Kap so that they could utilize him and the RBs with what can only be considered as a great step toward next year. They made it tot he SB and almost pulled out a win with a young QB and a fairly new offense.

Both of those teams proved that they deserved to be on the field last night.

Dread-Head
02-04-2013, 10:37 AM
It's my sincerest hope that the next time Mr. Judas Jones and his Baltimore Dirty Birds play the Houston Texans that every man who was on the Texans' roster whom he cheated out of an opportunity to play in an AFC Championship game remembers:

a. How he "accidentally" fumbled and cost them the game

b. How the team who benefitted from his "accident" just HAPPENED to
pick him up the following season.

&

c. How he said that he felt more of a "cohesion" in the Raven organization
than he ever did when he was wasting a roster spot and room under the
salary cap here in Houston.

I hope the remember all of these factors and do their best to either break his ribcage like a bag of bread sticks or crack his helmet like a walnut to congratulate him on selling them out for his own personal glory. If someone Michael Irwin's this traitor I won't shed two tears in a bucket.

Before any says I'm being "harsh" save it. I mean every damn word of this post If you're a Raven fan and you're going to 3itch me out, do us BOTH a favor and zip it. I'm a Texan fan AND a Steeler fan and the waste produced by single celled microscopic organisms visible only through electron microscopes mean more to me than YOUR opinions.

Dread-Head
02-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Pollard and Jacoby fit on the Ravens because of that very reason: They let those guys PLAY.

Kubiak, as you mentioned, he wants obedient and loyal task runners who just do the basics and leave the free-styling at home for the Xbox 360.

I couldn't help but notice how fluid and natural the Ravens looked last night. I was watching them and thinking "Wow. These guys are just having fun and just doing things so naturally." It was refreshing to watch.

Meanwhile, the 49ers were looking like the Texans out there: They didn't figure out that certain formations and certain play calls (Kap's numerous roll outs that were stuffed every time) weren't working and were NOT going to work ever again that evening. They looked tense. Like they knew they would get a beating if they lost. They looked like they felt they were the better team and that the Ravens should just accept their fate (sound familiar, anyone?).

Kudos to the coaching staff of the Ravens. (1) They let go of an O.C. in the middle of the season and they end up winning the Super Bowl. IIRC, the fired O.C. (Cam Cameron) was the guy calling the shots when the Ravens got blown out vs. the Texans this year. Well, they figured that they'd had enough of THAT. And look, a ring came their way! I don't ever want to hear that you cannot make that drastic of a coaching move in mid-season. Bull****. You CAN. Myth busted. (2) The coaches held them together, maneuvered them through the playoffs, and let them have fun and let them play with reckless abandon in the SB.

I still give props to 49ers for figuring out that Alex Smith was not the answer and for developing the pistol with Kap so that they could utilize him and the RBs with what can only be considered as a great step toward next year. They made it tot he SB and almost pulled out a win with a young QB and a fairly new offense.

Both of those teams proved that they deserved to be on the field last night.

:thinking: Must be nice to have a ref five feet away looking directly at you while your big WHITE Mickey Mouse looking gloves are clenched in tight fists around a guys big RED jersey and NOT call holding on you.

Playoffs
02-04-2013, 10:41 AM
It's my sincerest hope that the next time Mr. Judas Jones and his Baltimore Dirty Birds play the Houston Texans that every man who was on the Texans' roster whom he cheated out of an opportunity to play in an AFC Championship game remembers:

a. How he "accidentally" fumbled and cost them the game

b. How the team who benefitted from his "accident" just HAPPENED to
pick him up the following season.

&

c. How he said that he felt more of a "cohesion" in the Raven organization
than he ever did when he was wasting a roster spot and room under the
salary cap here in Houston.

I hope the remember all of these factors and do their best to either break his ribcage like a bag of bread sticks or crack his helmet like a walnut to congratulate him on selling them out for his own personal glory. If someone Michael Irwin's this traitor I won't shed two tears in a bucket.

Before any says I'm being "harsh" save it. I mean every damn word of this post If you're a Raven fan and you're going to 3itch me out, do us BOTH a favor and zip it. I'm a Texan fan AND a Steeler fan and the waste produced by single celled microscopic organisms visible only through electron microscopes mean more to me than YOUR opinions.
Dread!

Rrrrrrrrack him!

Dread-Head
02-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Dread!

Rrrrrrrrack him!

I hope Judas is happy with his new team. He got the superbowl he wanted and all he had to do was betray an organization which gave him a home for several years.

DexmanC
02-04-2013, 10:56 AM
I don't think Jacoby's dropped punt against the Ravens was intentional. If
the drop were intentional, then I would be able to call him a traitor. I thinki t was
simply a reflection of the energy of constipation coming from Kubiak leaking onto
the field.

Jacoby's two touchdowns were the difference in this Super Bowl, and he
was the reason for quite a few Texans victories during his time here.

I was happy to see him get to dance twice during "The Big Game," and always
saw him as a guy who played hard. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco just
showed the Texans what a head coach with guts and a QB with a rocket
arm can do.

thunderkyss
02-04-2013, 11:00 AM
John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco just
showed the Texans what a head coach with guts and a QB with a rocket
arm can do.

I bet if it weren't for the cap issues, Jacoby would have still been here. Kubiak would still put him on the field, Schaub would still throw it to him & Jacoby would still be making plays.

Remember that big catch he had over Ed Reed for a TD?

Dread-Head
02-04-2013, 11:37 AM
I bet if it weren't for the cap issues, Jacoby would have still been here. Kubiak would still put him on the field, Schaub would still throw it to him & Jacoby would still be making plays.

Remember that big catch he had over Ed Reed for a TD?

You guys are a lot nicer than me. If he was with ANY OTHER team I would be wishing him well. The fact that he got picked up by the guys who went on to the AFC championship game as a result of his "error" looks BEYOND suspicious to me. He's dead to me.

thunderkyss
02-04-2013, 11:44 AM
You guys are a lot nicer than me. If he was with ANY OTHER team I would be wishing him well. The fact that he got picked up by the guys who went on to the AFC championship game as a result of his "error" looks BEYOND suspicious to me. He's dead to me.

Why didn't the 49ers win the game when Ray Rice fumbled the ball & allow them to score real quick, got them back in the game.

Just like our game against the Patriots this year in the divisional round, we were supposed to get Arian Foster going, play good defense & let our QB "manage" the game. We didn't do that. Arian did not take over the game, our defense did not play well & we lost. Had Jacoby not muffed that punt, we still would not have been running the ball or playing good defense & we still would have lost that game.

We played a much worse defense this year in the Patriots & the Ravens D, which isn't as good as ours was able to slow down the Patriots offense.

We did not lose either game because Jacoby spotted the Ravens 7 points in the first 5 minutes of the game. The people you should have ire towards are still here.

gary
02-04-2013, 11:48 AM
Jones is laughing now I don't care.

Dread-Head
02-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Why didn't the 49ers win the game when Ray Rice fumbled the ball & allow them to score real quick, got them back in the game.

Just like our game against the Patriots this year in the divisional round, we were supposed to get Arian Foster going, play good defense & let our QB "manage" the game. We didn't do that. Arian did not take over the game, our defense did not play well & we lost. Had Jacoby not muffed that punt, we still would not have been running the ball or playing good defense & we still would have lost that game.

We played a much worse defense this year in the Patriots & the Ravens D, which isn't as good as ours was able to slow down the Patriots offense.

We did not lose either game because Jacoby spotted the Ravens 7 points in the first 5 minutes of the game. The people you should have ire towards are still here.

:thinking:

1. Why didn't the refs EVER call offsides in the course of that game against the Ravens. I saw them do it about five times but they were never called. On two point conversion after SanFrancisco scored Ed "Broke-jaw" Reed was CLEARLY offsides.

2. The last two plays of that game made it quite apparent that the outcome of last night's game was decided before the coin toss. A ref standing feet away during an OBVIOUS pass interference, then ignoring a bladant HOLDING on the next call. I loathe Jim Harbaugh but he and the 9ers were prison raped out of that title.

and my feelings on the man might as well be chiseled in stone as I don't plan on recanting them.

gary
02-04-2013, 11:59 AM
It seems like every Super Bowl there are too many flags or not enough.

Rey
02-04-2013, 12:05 PM
http://www.defendernetwork.com/-art/11/08/15/06/kubiak.jpg

Playoffs
02-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Jones is laughing now. I don't care.

Yeah, but he's laughing because he's totally stoned. Good riddance, he didn't fit here and didn't perform here. A waste of Texan time.

thunderkyss
02-04-2013, 12:21 PM
http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/jacoby-jones-records.jpg

Rey
02-04-2013, 12:28 PM
Who'd have thunk that Jacoby, Pollard and Leach would all have superbowl rings and play prominent roles on a Superbowl team.

I know Leach and Jacoby are good friends with Andre....I wonder if they'll let him try on their rings...

deucetx
02-04-2013, 12:37 PM
Eh, I don't think much on it. Pollard and Jones fit the Ravens more than us. Can you picture Pollard being called upon for man to man coverage in Wade's system over and over again?

As for Jones, we were trying to push and make him at least a #2 here. We needed more out of him than the Ravens. They already have two solid WR's so only needed Jones to be himself and contribute in spot situations/plays. He isn't as heavily relied upon there as he was here. He did good returns here just like he did there despite the fumble issues. I know I have seen him bobble a few with the Ravens as well.

Hopefully it makes our guys even more hungry seeing the Ravens win it. I still feel it is the mental aspect that is lacking for us more than anything including in the coaching.

thunderkyss
02-04-2013, 12:42 PM
As for Jones, we were trying to push and make him at least a #2 here. We needed more out of him than the Ravens. They already have two solid WR's so only needed Jones to be himself and contribute in spot situations/plays. He isn't as heavily relied upon there as he was here. He did good returns here just like he did there despite the fumble issues. I know I have seen him bobble a few with the Ravens as well.

MSR. We're trying to make Jacoby a 1a..... just because he isn't & will never be a 1a doesn't mean he doesn't have a place on a championship football team.

Rey
02-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Seems we have a bad habit of picking up players that "don't fit our system" and then playing them heavily in roles they aren't suited for.

I guess coaching flexibility is just an unreasonable expectation. Taking talented players and using them in ways that best suit them is crazy talk.

But hey, schaub fits the system perfectly. Kevin Walter is a good fit.

I say we stick with it.

qqert
02-04-2013, 12:51 PM
in GOD's infinite wisdom, jacoby jones today has a superbowl ring-
before all around good-guy AJ #80 even get's a chance to play for one ..

Thorn
02-04-2013, 01:08 PM
He didn't work out for us, he did work out for them.

Get used to it. It happens all the time to all teams in the NFL. Jacoby Jones will not be the first or the last time it happens to us as well.

That said, **** Jacoby Jones. He can kiss my ass.

Cjeremy635
02-04-2013, 01:12 PM
MSR. We're trying to make Jacoby a 1a..... just because he isn't & will never be a 1a doesn't mean he doesn't have a place on a championship football team.

I got him, I thought it was spot on.

Nawzer
02-04-2013, 01:40 PM
I don't regret the Texans letting Jacoby go. He's a great returner and a good deep threat every once in a while. The Texans special team this year was not good enough to utilize Holiday correctly, so what makes you guys think Jacoby would do any better here? I give the Ravens credit for using him properly. We don't have a QB with a big arm to take advantage of Jacoby's speed so he almost useless to us. Some players fit certain teams for some reason. We tried with Jacoby and didn't work and his salary was an issue too. I'm happy for Jacoby and the Ravens but I still think the Texans made the right move by letting him go.

JCTexan
02-04-2013, 02:59 PM

Get used to it. It happens all the time to all teams in the NFL. Jacoby Jones will not be the first or the last time it happens to us as well.

That said, **** Jacoby Jones. He can kiss my ass.

What am I missing here? This year Jacoby had his fewest catches since 2009 (30), his fewest rec yards since 2008 (406) and only caught one touchdown in the regular season. The only capacity he was more effective as a Raven was kick return duties, and he didn't even do that last year as a Texan.

markn
02-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Seems we have a bad habit of picking up players that "don't fit our system" and then playing them heavily in roles they aren't suited for.

Exactly.

There's a specific skill-set required to play WR in our 'system' and Jacoby did not excel at it. It's not his fault mind you, because fighting-off-double-coverage-to-retrieve-an-under-thrown-pass, is a difficult skill mastered by only a handful of elite receivers.

Dread-Head
02-04-2013, 03:10 PM
http://cbssports.com/images/blogs/jacoby-jones-records.jpg

Jacoby Iscariot? :dread:

JCTexan
02-04-2013, 03:11 PM
Exactly.

There's a specific skill-set required to play WR in our 'system' and Jacoby did not excel at it. It's not his fault mind you, because fighting-off-double-coverage-to-retrieve-an-under-thrown-pass, is a difficult skill mastered by only a handful of elite receivers.

Last year as a Texan Jacoby Jones caught 31 passes for 512 yards. This year he caught 27 passes for 370 yards. It was Jacoby's worst year as a WR in the NFL since 2008 when he caught just three passes for 81 yards.

Dread-Head
02-04-2013, 03:17 PM

That said, " *FUNK Jacoby Jones. He can kiss my ass."

I got the mental pic of Thorn sitting on a golden throne atop a lofty stair case wearing a bejeweled crown & cloak and weilding a scepter when he said this.

*Edited for Television...

markn
02-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Last year as a Texan Jacoby Jones caught 31 passes for 512 yards. This year he caught 27 passes for 370 yards. It was Jacoby's worst year as a WR in the NFL since 2008 when he caught just three passes for 81 yards.

Never let facts get in the way of a good joke.