PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Smith: Richie Incognito tried to break ankle

Dutchrudder
09-10-2012, 11:02 AM
No surprise here, but it is a shame that Goodell doesn't do something about players that do things like this. With all those cameras out there, you would think some of it would be captured and reviewed.

"A dirty player being let to play dirty ... Richie Incognito," Smith said via the Houston Chronicle. "Everything that's illegal that can be done on the football field he does it, but mainly he was hitting people after the play, sliding down on your leg, grabbing your ankle and trying to twist to break your ankle and he was doing it right in front of the referees and he was still in the game."

We could write some analysis to this, but it's not going to be as entertaining or informative as Smith's quotes.

"It's the referees' job to stop him from doing it because everything that I would do to stop him I would get a penalty for. I told myself you've got to humble yourself and keep playing. There were so many times that I would have to loved to just be like hockey. Drop the helmets off, drop the gloves, go fisticuffs. We're men. Let's go at it."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000060360/article/antonio-smith-richie-incognito-tried-to-break-ankle?module=HP11_headline_stack

Dread-Head
09-10-2012, 11:08 AM
He's the A-hole who got the cheap shot in on Cushing after his interception. I would have found an opportunity to "accidentally" fall sideways into is knee cap.

escrimador
09-10-2012, 11:10 AM
I noticed that on a few plays. I didn't pay attention to who it was but i remember thinking "the play's over...why's that guy going for an ankle break? This ain't MMA...and he's doing it wrong." lol

Dread-Head
09-10-2012, 11:13 AM
The man is a narrow urethra.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Read about this yesterday. He has always been a dirty bastard since he was at Nebraska. That's why he got released from St.Louis,he got into a verball altercation with Spagunolo for doing the same the thing in a game against the Lions I believe it was.

pirbroke
09-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Will this is a perfect chance for goodell to study the tape and lay down some serious suspensions, hopefully they uphold this time. I as a fan am not watching football to see some smuck laying on the ground trying to twist foot around, or even those old head to head hits, football is great even when played within the rules, now Nascar, that's another story.

buddyboy
09-10-2012, 11:40 AM
This will get swept under the rug; we only care because it's our player, our team. Would we care if the Jags complained about one of the Vikings players? Or if the Phins complained about one of our guys? As sad as it is, this is just one of the things that happens and nothing will come out of it.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-10-2012, 11:42 AM
This will get swept under the rug; we only care because it's our player, our team. Would we care if the Jags complained about one of the Vikings players? Or if the Phins complained about one of our guys? As sad as it is, this is just one of the things that happens and nothing will come out of it.

Agreed it happens all the time you figure the league would take action?

Playoffs
09-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Stand him up and cut him. Old school.

Ryan
09-10-2012, 11:51 AM
He wasn't too Incognito about it.

eriadoc
09-10-2012, 11:57 AM
I noticed that on a few plays. I didn't pay attention to who it was but i remember thinking "the play's over...why's that guy going for an ankle break? This ain't MMA...and he's doing it wrong." lol

We need to have a chat about your user name. :)

CloakNNNdagger
09-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Read about this yesterday. He has always been a dirty bastard since he was at Nebraska. That's why he got released from St.Louis,he got into a verball altercation with Spagunolo for doing the same the thing in a game against the Lions I believe it was.

I remember that whole incident.

Richie Incognito had some sharp words -- but with little bite -- after the Rams cut him on Tuesday.

The Rams parted ways with their starting right guard after he was flagged for two personal fouls in Sunday's loss to the Titans for head-butting two opponents. It was the final act of a string of questionable behavior from Incognito. 12/16/09 USA TODAY (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/12/ousted-richie-incognito-steve-spagnuolo-doing-a-great-job-with-1-12-rams/1#.UE4b_67leSo)

CloakNNNdagger
09-10-2012, 12:03 PM
A must read re. this subject (September 2009):

Is Richie Incognito A Few Fries Short of Happy Meal? (http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/therundown/2009/09/is_richie_incognito_a_few_fries_short_of_a_happy_m eal.php)

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-10-2012, 12:07 PM
I remember that whole incident.

12/16/09 USA TODAY (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2009/12/ousted-richie-incognito-steve-spagnuolo-doing-a-great-job-with-1-12-rams/1#.UE4b_67leSo)

It was the Titans there you go. Ya he has been known for this for awhile, some players just enjoy doing dirty things on the field they can get away with.

Allstar
09-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Dolphins fans' reaction (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?325039-Texans-D-lineman-Antonio-Smith-calls-Incognito-dirty)

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-10-2012, 12:16 PM

Is Richie Incognito A Few Fries Short of Happy Meal? (http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/therundown/2009/09/is_richie_incognito_a_few_fries_short_of_a_happy_m eal.php)

Haha Very Good Article.

Vinny
09-10-2012, 12:19 PM
He doesn't live up to his name. 330 pounds of tats...yeah, he's dirty and probably loony.

Double Barrel
09-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Football is one of the sports that I think a sort of karma exists. You do this to enough players, and it will eventually come back to you. Players have long memories.

gtexan02
09-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Dirty plays are for the guys who have no shot at succeeding legitimately. He's just a representative of what we all already know -- The Dolphins Suck.

I wouldn't ever wish injuries on an NFL player. Except for this guy. Here's to what you've got coming to you, Richie

Playoffs
09-10-2012, 12:36 PM

Geez, is that a home town newspaper? Ouch.
In other words, he's not the brightest crayon in the box, the sharpest tool in the shed, or the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree.

The facts are there to support the argument that Incognito might not be all there. Here are the five symptoms of mental retardation according to Google Health:

Symptoms

Continued infantile behavior
Decreased learning ability
Failure to meet intellectual developmental markers
Inability to meet educational demands at school
Lack of curiosity

Let's see how the Rams guard stacks up...

GlassHalfFull
09-10-2012, 12:36 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012090903/2012/REG1/dolphins@texans

at the 1:25 mark, you can see Smith trying to kick Incognito off his ankle

Bulls on Parade
09-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Well the good thing is the Texans are done playing the Dolphins for a very long time. It's not like the Dolphins will make the playoffs.

UberDork
09-10-2012, 12:43 PM
You can see a good example of an ankle attack in the highlights of the Daniel Thomas fumble. Incognito thinks Smith's foot is a hunk of brisket or something. Smith is trying to kick him off while Incognito applies his trade...

Edit: Same thing GlassHalfFull saw just before 1:25.

Bulls on Parade
09-10-2012, 12:47 PM
We will probably see Richie Incognito on CBS' Survivor in eleven years when he's an overweight, 40-year-old, steroid-injected freak of nature that can lift a tree trunk across an island and curse like a wild animal. I believe Jeff Kent is on this year's show!

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-10-2012, 12:52 PM
You can see a good example of an ankle attack in the highlights of the Daniel Thomas fumble. Incognito thinks Smith's foot is a hunk of brisket or something. Smith is trying to kick him off while Incognito applies his trade...

Edit: Same thing GlassHalfFull saw just before 1:25.

Haha boy got hungry.

gtexan02
09-10-2012, 12:53 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012090903/2012/REG1/dolphins@texans

at the 1:25 mark, you can see Smith trying to kick Incognito off his ankle

Wtf is wrong with that guy? I wish Smith would have got him in the head

Perki-Perk
09-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Well he's certainly not being very "incognito" if players are noticing...:kitten:

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Wtf is wrong with that guy? I wish Smith would have got him in the head

That's what I said straight cleat to the face mask.

badboy
09-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Coach calls time out, warns referee if it happens again, his entire team goes after the player in question. Chase him all over the field. McNair should send letter of protest to NFL.

Allstar
09-10-2012, 02:06 PM
This story is on the front page of Yahoo!

TimeKiller
09-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Lolphins fans are maaaaad haha...

Seriously though, we all know Smith has a reputation with his mouth and I think that's cost him before. I mean how many times has he barely glanced a QB's helmet and gotten a roughing the passer for it?

Incognito's act is about as lame as the jokes that stem from his name. Antonio is right. Why is he allowed to do that when the rest of the league is being hit with penalties and suspensions for the same thing? ESPECIALLY when everyone including his own team and fanbase know it's the truth.

Besides, there's a big difference between someone playing physical and letting you hear all about it (Ninja) and playing physical...after the play is over (Ricky).

HealingBullets
09-10-2012, 02:16 PM
This asshat does it on the very first play from scrimmage on JJ. Watch it on your dvr.

amazing80
09-10-2012, 08:49 PM
These are the guys in the NFL that just piss me off. They should be banned for life and taken out back and beaten with lead pipes. Absolutely pathetic. I would have np problem with Smith taking off his helmet and going Andre on his ass. Hell I would throw in some scrub DT and tell them to go beat his ass and have no regards to being ejected.

Texecutioner
09-10-2012, 08:53 PM
What a scumbag. Hope he gets injured soon, so he doesn't injure someone else that plays hard and plays the right way. Sounds like another Romanowski to me.

badboy
09-10-2012, 08:53 PM
These are the guys in the NFL that just piss me off. They should be banned for life and taken out back and beaten with lead pipes. Absolutely pathetic. I would have np problem with Smith taking off his helmet and going Andre on his ass. Hell I would throw in some scrub DT and tell them to go beat his ass and have no regards to being ejected.well said.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Hahahaha Romanowski straight Roid Rage!!!! I remember them interviewing him once and he said never did he go on the field to injure any one like really Bill?

BlueSteel
09-10-2012, 11:19 PM

I cared when Haynesworth was stomping on players faces that were not on this team. Violence outside the rules of the game does not have any place in football.

Play until the whistles and then wait for the next play.

buddyboy
09-11-2012, 10:31 AM
I cared when Haynesworth was stomping on players faces that were not on this team. Violence outside the rules of the game does not have any place in football.

Play until the whistles and then wait for the next play.

I never said this stuff shouldn't happen or should be tolerated. People make the worst assumptions.

What I SAID was, the NFL will brush this under the rug because it always has. The only reason we're even aware of this and outraged by this is because it happened to our team. Sure, there are exceptions like face stomping, but small stuff like this is going to be headlined, then fade away.

Carr Bombed
09-11-2012, 11:33 AM
What a scumbag. Hope he gets injured soon, so he doesn't injure someone else that plays hard and plays the right way. Sounds like another Romanowski to me.

I might be in the minority here, but I was a Romanowski fan.

pec0sb0b
09-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Story started to gain steam today...game tape shows Incognito trying to do the same ting to J.J. Watt early in the game (the Dolphins first offensive snap of the game).

SrslySirius
09-13-2012, 10:48 AM
Dolphins fans' reaction (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/showthread.php?325039-Texans-D-lineman-Antonio-Smith-calls-Incognito-dirty)

What a pathetic fanbase. Some of those comments turn my stomach.

GP
09-13-2012, 07:24 PM
What a pathetic fanbase. Some of those comments turn my stomach.

I would venture to bet that the Dolphins have one of the weakest fan bases in the entire NFL. Maybe on the same level as Jacksonville, actually.

They have nothing to point to since Marino left. That's a loooooooong time for any fan to hang around and be patient for something to hang their hat upon.

So yeah, they probably have a lot of immature newbie fans who know less about football and more about trash talking than anything else. Probably a lot of Reggie Bush fanboys just like the Vince Young fanboys acted.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Found these Qoutes from Incognito this dude is full of it.

It's strung together direct message tweets Incognito wrote in his defense.

“Once the ball was fumbled I grabbed his legs to stop him from recovering the fumble. It’s clear that I wrap my arms around both his legs. I was trying to keep him from scrambling to the ball.

“After the ball was recovered I felt him kicking me. I was trying to protect myself. Kind of like a turtle in a shell. At no time was I turning his ankle. My intent was to keep him from getting to the ball.”

“... Obviously in a case like this I have no ground to stand on [because] of my reputation. There is no evidence of me trying to injure him. The reason I’m seen holding onto one of his legs [because] he started kicking me in the arm and neck the the other. I had both legs in my grasp. The fact of the matter is I’m laying on his leg. There is no twisting motion whatsoever. He is clearly kicking me in the neck. Talk about dirty?”

BullBlitz
09-13-2012, 10:36 PM
I would venture to bet that the Dolphins have one of the weakest fan bases in the entire NFL. Maybe on the same level as Jacksonville, actually.

They have nothing to point to since Marino left. That's a loooooooong time for any fan to hang around and be patient for something to hang their hat upon.

We should know. We have nothing to point to either, and it's been about the same amount of time. (Actually the Dolphins did go to one playoff game after Marino retired; same as us.)

So, keep patient.

Speedy
09-14-2012, 06:44 AM
We should know. We have nothing to point to either, and it's been about the same amount of time. (Actually the Dolphins did go to one playoff game after Marino retired; same as us.)

So, keep patient.

The Texans have actually been to 2 playoff games, winning one of them. That would be one more than the Dolphins, who BTW have never beaten the Texans in 7 games.

GP
09-14-2012, 09:16 AM

So, keep patient.

Research before you post.

Read what speedy posted, then go back and edit your post.

Double Barrel
09-14-2012, 10:31 AM
The Texans have actually been to 2 playoff games, winning one of them. That would be one more than the Dolphins, who BTW have never beaten the Texans in 7 games.

And those 7 games were spread over 11 seasons when the Texans were a mere expansion team.

Fortunately, we did not play the Dolphins during the 2-14 season...

TexanSam
09-14-2012, 11:57 AM
And those 7 games were spread over 11 seasons when the Texans were a mere expansion team.

Fortunately, we did not play the Dolphins during the 2-14 season...

We probably would have beat them then also!

HOU-TEX
09-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Mark Berman‏@MarkBermanFox26

Texans DE Antonio Smith said he was fined $21K for kicking @ Dolphins G Richie Incognito. Smith said he was defending himself & will appeal.

This is freakin ridiculous! He better win the appeal and there be a counter fine on that POS. Doesn't the league investigate crap before accusing? Ugh, this pissed me off

escrimador
09-14-2012, 01:55 PM
huh, the video that's being shown isn't the play I was thinking about. Not sure if it was Incognito and Smith, but there was clearly a Dolphin cranking on someones ankle, using both hands, that I recall seeing...i'd have to download and rewatch it to find out who it was

BullBlitz
09-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Research before you post.

Read what speedy posted, then go back and edit your post.

One additional playoff game in 10 years doesn't differentiate us from the Dolphins. Neither team has accomplished anything notable. Do some research yourself.

GP
09-15-2012, 02:31 PM
One additional playoff game in 10 years doesn't differentiate us from the Dolphins. Neither team has accomplished anything notable. Do some research yourself.

LOL. Right, sure.

Thanks for setting me straight. If you think the Dolphins have been as equal as the Texans over the past 10 years, then you need some basic football 101 analysis tutorials.

Go back another 10 years prior and tell me what they've accomplished.

20 years of bad football. They're a joke, almost along the same lines as your reasoning skills on it. It's ok, we all step out and make a contrary statement every now and then. I do it. You did it. It's all good, man. Part of life.

Texecutioner
09-15-2012, 03:08 PM
LOL. Right, sure.

Thanks for setting me straight. If you think the Dolphins have been as equal as the Texans over the past 10 years, then you need some basic football 101 analysis tutorials.

Go back another 10 years prior and tell me what they've accomplished.

20 years of bad football. They're a joke, almost along the same lines as your reasoning skills on it. It's ok, we all step out and make a contrary statement every now and then. I do it. You did it. It's all good, man. Part of life.

Well we've had one playoff season and they've had one playoff season. They actually had to take the division from the Patriots to win their division as well that season with a brand new coach and Chad Pennington going 11-5. We had an easy division without any good QB's playing and we went 10-6. THe only real difference is that the Texans won a playoff game. We have had pretty much the same amount of success. Are you forgetting what a joke the Texans were in the Capers years? And then how badly they got laughed at in Kubiak's first 5 years? The organization was criticized for not firing the guy for a while. I don't see any real difference at all as far as the comparable success between both teams. The Lions are also a a very close comparison. After this season though, we should be able to separate from both of those teams as far as the success from the last 10 years goes.

GP
09-15-2012, 09:58 PM
Well we've had one playoff season and they've had one playoff season. They actually had to take the division from the Patriots to win their division as well that season with a brand new coach and Chad Pennington going 11-5. We had an easy division without any good QB's playing and we went 10-6. THe only real difference is that the Texans won a playoff game. We have had pretty much the same amount of success. Are you forgetting what a joke the Texans were in the Capers years? And then how badly they got laughed at in Kubiak's first 5 years? The organization was criticized for not firing the guy for a while. I don't see any real difference at all as far as the comparable success between both teams. The Lions are also a a very close comparison. After this season though, we should be able to separate from both of those teams as far as the success from the last 10 years goes.

I guess if you think their one playoff year was comparable to ours...then, I don't know what to say...because the Dolphins that year surprised opponents with the Wildcat formation and crashed and burned in the playoffs and where never heard from again.

How anyone can say that the Dolphins and Texans are equal in regards to having one playoff season each, when considering HOW it was accomplished, is beyond me. Seriously.

EllisUnit
09-15-2012, 11:00 PM
I guess if you think their one playoff year was comparable to ours...then, I don't know what to say...because the Dolphins that year surprised opponents with the Wildcat formation and crashed and burned in the playoffs and where never heard from again.

How anyone can say that the Dolphins and Texans are equal in regards to having one playoff season each, when considering HOW it was accomplished, is beyond me. Seriously.

AGREE,,,,look what we had when we got there. 3rd string QB, Jacoby Jones.....that right there says it all

CloakNNNdagger
09-29-2012, 12:50 PM
This time it’s Cardinals defensive end Nick Eason, who is preparing to face Incognito on the field on Sunday and says that he knows from first-hand experience just how dirty Incognito is: According to Eason, only once in all the football games he’s ever played has an opponent spit on him, and that opponent was Incognito, during a 2010 game.

“I’ve never had a player or person in my life spit in my face,” Eason told Alex Marvez and Gil Brandt on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “It took everything in my power to restrain myself.”

Eason referenced the game two weeks ago when Texans defensive lineman Antonio Smith accused Incognito of trying to injure his ankle. The NFL looked at the footage and didn’t fine Incognito but did fine Smith $21,000 for kicking Incognito.

“He basically tried to break Antonio’s leg,” Eason said of Incognito. “Antonio got fined because he had to kick the guy off of him and [the NFL] did nothing to him. Usually players who do that are the non-athletic guys who really can’t block people so they play dirty.”

Incognito has defended himself as a tough and physical — but not dirty — player. Eason says Incognito crosses the line, which makes Eason “really excited for the opportunity to play against the guy.” But Eason says he’ll be smart enough not to retaliate, knowing that the retaliation is often what gets penalized — as Smith found out the hard way.link (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/29/nick-eason-on-richie-incognito-dirty-non-athletic-cant-block/)