PDA

View Full Version : Must Win @ Jax

Tailgate
09-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Must win thread already, lol. Seriously tho, we need this win. @ Denver and Manning the following week. Titans at home after, but then a 3 week stretch of Monday night @ Jets, then GB and Ravens at home before bye.

This is a huge game, and our guys better be ready for MJD and that running game. Or I could see us hovering around .500 for a while.

Having a winning record before the bye is crucial and this game is key for that to happen imo. Good news is in the 6 of our last 9 games after our bye we should be favorites.

GO TEXANS!! Beat Jax!!!

2012Champs
09-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Every game is a must win :kitten:

Tailgate
09-10-2012, 10:54 AM
So happy football is back, this is going to be one hell of a fun ride!! Jets yesterday were hopefully more of an exception to the rest of thier year. Playing Manning again looks like it could be just as tough as in years past. We are better equipped now, but those results only heighten my interest in this game vs Jax.

We will need Gabbert to make some mistakes this week like Tannehill did yesterday. Our run D will be the key to this game.

Dutchrudder
09-10-2012, 11:03 AM
THIS IS OUR SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!

caps.

TheRealJoker
09-10-2012, 11:14 AM
Not must win... must play well ;)

thunderkyss
09-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Every game is a must win :kitten:

I agree. Especially division games & especially against weak teams. We don't need the Jags thinking they've got a shot & putting them down 0-2 is more important (to me) than going up 2-0.

Must win, like the must wins of the past?????? Nah, not really.

mootini
09-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Either you guys will get a Jags team pissed off, from a game they should have won, or a team mentally down, from a suffering loss? I think, the pressure is more on the Jags to win...this game is their biggest opportunity for the division. Texans win..great start and can control their destiny..Jags win, back in the saddle for a chance. Should be a great game!

thunderkyss
09-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Either you guys will get a Jags team pissed off, from a game they should have won, or a team mentally down, from a suffering loss? I think, the pressure is more on the Jags to win...this game is their biggest opportunity for the division. Texans win..great start and can control their destiny..Jags win, back in the saddle for a chance. Should be a great game!

Think about it this way.

If the Jags win, you'll make a lot of Titans & Colts fans extremely happy, especially if they win as well.

If the Jags lose, well, the Titans & Colts fans will still be a game back, even if they win next week.

Surely you don't want to do anything that will please the fans of your division rivals right? You should focus on pissing as many of them off as possible & take one for the AFC South.

:texan:

Texn4life
09-10-2012, 02:09 PM
THIS IS OUR SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!

caps.

This actually made me spit my drink out. Kudos to you sir!

Texn4life
09-10-2012, 02:10 PM

I think i'm going to start a petition to get your old avatar back. And yes we will need to play well.

We are 7 point favorites to start off the week. I thought it would be between 3 to 5 points. Vegas really seems to love us this year.

BullNation4Life
09-10-2012, 03:12 PM
Must win thread already, lol. Seriously tho, we need this win. @ Denver and Manning the following week. Titans at home after, but then a 3 week stretch of Monday night @ Jets, then GB and Ravens at home before bye.

This is a huge game, and our guys better be ready for MJD and that running game. Or I could see us hovering around .500 for a while.

Having a winning record before the bye is crucial and this game is key for that to happen imo. Good news is in the 6 of our last 9 games after our bye we should be favorites.

GO TEXANS!! Beat Jax!!!

:toropalm: Dear Lord not this "must win" crap already....

gary
09-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Just win it does not matter who it is against.

Texanmike02
09-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Biggest game in franchise history.

:toropalm:

Mike

Tailgate
09-10-2012, 03:47 PM
Clearly my humor in lue of all the must win threads last year was not taken lightly.

Perki-Perk
09-10-2012, 04:00 PM
Think about it this way.

If the Jags win, you'll make a lot of Titans & Colts fans extremely happy, especially if they win as well.

If the Jags lose, well, the Titans & Colts fans will still be a game back, even if they win next week.

Surely you don't want to do anything that will please the fans of your division rivals right? You should focus on pissing as many of them off as possible & take one for the AFC South.

:texan:

Someone I watch football with is a Titans fan...uhck. I told him, The Titans are like an ex wife, she left you, so why are you still standing outside her window calling her phone and sending her money?

Wolf6151
09-10-2012, 04:58 PM
every game is a must win :kitten:

^^^^this^^^^

OzzO
09-10-2012, 06:08 PM

Especially if you wanna get a haircut... err... hair trim after the win.

rush2112mn
09-10-2012, 06:14 PM
I think it is going to be a tough game myself. We may be favored by Vegas....but seems like everytime we play the Jags...it is a tough game...especially on the road. Division games are extra important if you ask me. This team needs to get off to a better start and work on the run offense and defense on both sides of the ball.
Jags will give their best shot....I expect a heavy dose of Jones Drew myself. And I am sure they will test our secondary with Blackmon.....

CloakNNNdagger
09-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Against the Vikings, 3 Olinemen went out with injures in the 1st half...........Britton, Bradfield and Nwaner........all seen after the game in boots on their left leg.........supposedly all ankle injuries.

Jennings went out with a knee or leg injury and was to be MRI'ed yesterday.........no official word.

The Pencil Neck
09-11-2012, 03:00 PM
I want to crush them.

Is that so much to ask?

76Texan
09-11-2012, 03:38 PM
I think i'm going to start a petition to get your old avatar back. And yes we will need to play well.

We are 7 point favorites to start off the week. I thought it would be between 3 to 5 points. Vegas really seems to love us this year.

Seven and a half.
That half a point is important, ya know, LOL!

76Texan
09-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Against the Vikings, 3 Olinemen went out with injures in the 1st half...........Britton, Bradfield and Nwaner........all seen after the game in boots on their left leg.........supposedly all ankle injuries.

Jennings went out with a knee or leg injury and was to be MRI'ed yesterday.........no official word.

http://tampabay.sbnation.com/jacksonville-jaguars/2012/9/10/3313381/nfl-injury-report-jaguars-week-1

The Jaguars don't have many options, depth wise, now that season has started. Gabbert was harassed the rest of the game with Guy Whimper at right tackle. Undrafted rookie center Mike Brewster played admirably at the guard position, but still struggled with protection at times. If the team wants any shot at all against the Houston Texans, they will need to get healthy... fast.

76Texan
09-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Looks like NFL.com is showing the entire replay Vikings/Jaguars if anybody is interested:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012090901/2012/REG1/jaguars@vikings#menu=gamepass&tab=analyze

Texn4life
09-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Seven and a half.
That half a point is important, ya know, LOL!

Haha, trust me I know of all people just how important that half a point can be. I didn't realize that the Jags were so banged up in the trenches. Their fans aren't confident at all heading into this game, and that's not like them. Sounds like Aaron Ross looked lost as well week 1. We need to jump all over them early so we can get Barwin and Reed into a pass rushing rhythm heading into Denver.

False Start
09-11-2012, 04:02 PM
I kind of get where you're coming from. After the Jags, the schedule gets pretty damn tough. We got Denver, Titans, Jets, Packers, and Ravens. If we win 3 of those games I would be happy. If we lost to Jacksonville, that would put us at 4-3, as compared to 5-2 going into the bye. That one game could come back and bite us in the ass at the end of the season. I wont freak out if we lose, which I don't think we will, but it would be nice to win this game.

76Texan
09-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Haha, trust me I know of all people just how important that half a point can be. I didn't realize that the Jags were so banged up in the trenches. Their fans aren't confident at all heading into this game, and that's not like them. Sounds like Aaron Ross looked lost as well week 1. We need to jump all over them early so we can get Barwin and Reed into a pass rushing rhythm heading into Denver.

I kind of get where you're coming from. After the Jags, the schedule gets pretty damn tough. We got Denver, Titans, Jets, Packers, and Ravens. If we win 3 of those games I would be happy. If we lost to Jacksonville, that would put us at 4-3, as compared to 5-2 going into the bye. That one game could come back and bite us in the ass at the end of the season. I wont freak out if we lose, which I don't think we will, but it would be nice to win this game.

They still have to play the game, but I think it will be an uphill battle for the Jags with their line banged up like that.

The Texans have got to win this game, even if only by one point. :cowboy1:

76Texan
09-11-2012, 04:23 PM

It doesn't matter whether the Jags are pissed off or not, they just don't have enough healthy talents to match up with the Texans.

Ya should be pleased enough if they put up a decent fight.
And you know me, I don't talk down opponents on any given Sunday.

What's up with the surf anyway?
Had a good year this year?

76Texan
09-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Last week I called Texans 31-6, this week I'm thinking Texans 27-17.

CloakNNNdagger
09-11-2012, 05:59 PM
http://tampabay.sbnation.com/jacksonville-jaguars/2012/9/10/3313381/nfl-injury-report-jaguars-week-1

The Jaguars don't have many options, depth wise, now that season has started. Gabbert was harassed the rest of the game with Guy Whimper at right tackle. Undrafted rookie center Mike Brewster played admirably at the guard position, but still struggled with protection at times. If the team wants any shot at all against the Houston Texans, they will need to get healthy... fast.

If I remember correctly, they actually used one of their TEs to play OT.

They also lost their DT D’Anthony Smith for several weeks.

TejasTom
09-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Looks like NFL.com is showing the entire replay Vikings/Jaguars if anybody is interested:

Had a hard time getting to sleep last night, this should help.

If I remember correctly, they actually used one of their TEs to play OT.

They also lost their DT D’Anthony Smith for several weeks.

A TE against Watt & Reed, awesome.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

Texan_Bill
09-11-2012, 07:16 PM
Last week I called Texans 31-6, this week I'm thinking Texans 27-17.

I'm glad you're not my handi-capper. You were way off: 1-4. That's just turrble! :kitten:

So, should I assume the Texans win 26-21??

Lucky
09-11-2012, 07:41 PM
If the Texans want to position themselves as a championship contender, this is the type of game they need to win. Dominate your homefield. Control your division. Hold your own against other contenders. That's what it will take to seize homefield advantage and have the playoffs go through Houston. I don't know if this is a "must win". I don't really like the term. But, it's a game this team needs to win to help make their championship aspirations come true.

Wolf
09-11-2012, 07:44 PM
thanks to False Start .. old times good times.. maybe Cush can hit Sunshine before he can complete the sentence

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/bghorse0.jpg

False Start
09-11-2012, 08:27 PM
thanks to False Start .. old times good times.. maybe Cush can hit Sunshine before he can complete the sentence

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/bghorse0.jpg

:tiphat:

Gabbert fears The Cush!

DocBar
09-11-2012, 09:12 PM
I hate division games. The 2 teams know each other too well to make a rational pick. Having said that, I have a few thousand to bet on the Texans winning the game.

DocBar
09-11-2012, 09:14 PM
:tiphat:

Gabbert fears The Cush!Gabbert fears the Cush like the guy in the pic fears hitting the ground. The collision is gonna happen and the only question is how bad the douche in the the saddle is gonna get hurt.

CloakNNNdagger
09-11-2012, 10:25 PM

Update: Britton and Nwaner suffered ankle injuries. Bradfield suffered a foot injury. No further info on Jennings.

Remember, the Jags starting LG Rackley, 1st backup Center John Estes and 1st backup Guard Jason Spitz were IR'ed during the preseason. That makes 6 Olinemen. That makes six lost Olinemen going into week 2. The Jags will be scampering to do something........anything to fill those holes........whomever they end up with on that line this week........and I don't expect it to be filled with quality........they will not have enough time to gel............at least not in a good way..........

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wSJJCaMpzkU/S9kJXEgBuTI/AAAAAAAABW0/fGnaWHxsJys/s1600/jello.jpg

Norg
09-12-2012, 02:34 AM
every game is a must win if we keep winning and our divison keeps losing we might be able to win the divison by thanksgiving or late Oct but thats best case scernerio

but yeah ...

mootini
09-12-2012, 07:14 AM
The surf was epic last week/weekend!!! Thank you Hurricane Leslie!!

Yes, the injury bug has hammered the Jags AGAIN!!!! I think, the Jags are going to surprise you Sunday. Yes, the Texans are the better team, players and depth. That loss to the Vikes is a vert sour pill to take. At home and a chance to get the 1st spot in the division, if they beat the Texans....this is the Jags chance! Jags will throw the book that that Texans defense. I expect a high scoring game Sunday... you'll see a lot of bend but don't break, crap ass defense from the Jags...praying to hold you guys to FG's. Should be a fun game to watch. Please, no more injuries!!! LOL :kitten:

It doesn't matter whether the Jags are pissed off or not, they just don't have enough healthy talents to match up with the Texans.

Ya should be pleased enough if they put up a decent fight.
And you know me, I don't talk down opponents on any given Sunday.

What's up with the surf anyway?
Had a good year this year?

mootini
09-12-2012, 07:18 AM
At least get a Teal colored Jello! The injury bug loves the Jags! We always have the most on the IR..I don't get it?

Update: Britton and Nwaner suffered ankle injuries. Bradfield suffered a foot injury. No further info on Jennings.

Remember, the Jags starting LG Rackley, 1st backup Center John Estes and 1st backup Guard Jason Spitz were IR'ed during the preseason. That makes 6 Olinemen. That makes six lost Olinemen going into week 2. The Jags will be scampering to do something........anything to fill those holes........whomever they end up with on that line this week........and I don't expect it to be filled with quality........they will not have enough time to gel............at least not in a good way..........

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wSJJCaMpzkU/S9kJXEgBuTI/AAAAAAAABW0/fGnaWHxsJys/s1600/jello.jpg

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2012, 07:36 AM
At least get a Teal colored Jello! The injury bug loves the Jags! We always have the most on the IR..I don't get it?

mootini, here, knock yourself out!:)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--2Uw_HPwuN4/TyasA8kQaNI/AAAAAAAAByg/nZqJU_ECy3o/s640/DSC_0237.JPG

To an injury-free game.:handshake:

mootini
09-12-2012, 08:13 AM
LOL...the injuries are terrible...we might need to bring in the towelboy for the OL? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMjUkzjyGjY

76Texan
09-12-2012, 09:25 AM
I'm glad you're not my handi-capper. You were way off: 1-4. That's just turrble! :kitten:

So, should I assume the Texans win 26-21??

Bill :wadepalm:

This week, the line is 7-1/2, 41-1/2

Last week the Texans were favored by some 13 points and the O/U was something like 43 points.

You figure it out, LOL!

76Texan
09-12-2012, 09:26 AM

Ouch!

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Whatever "significant damage" means:

Mularkey told reporters Wednesday that the MRI results for Jennings and Bradfield showed no significant damage. Neither player has been ruled out for the Texans meeting, so we'll keep an eye on this one.link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000061370/article/rashad-jennings-not-expected-to-face-texans)

wouldn't be surprised if we don't see either on the field Sunday.

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2012, 02:06 PM
From Jacksonville.com:

Coach Mike Mularkey said today that the MRI exams for running back Rashad Jennings (knee) and right tackle Cameron Bradfield (ankle/leg) did not show significant damage and he has not ruled them out of Sunday’s game against Houston. Mularkey said on Monday both players could miss a few weeks.

Jennings and Bradfield were injured in the first half of the Minnesota loss.

“[The MRIs] just confirmed that they’re not prolonged injuries,” Mularkey said. “We’re going to monitor them day to day and hold them out today. But they’re not out of the game as of yet.”

Also not practicing today will be left guard Eben Britton (ankle) and linebacker Daryl Smith (groin). Mularkey said cornerback Derek Cox (hamstring) will do limited work. That trio has not been ruled out for Sunday either.

Not practicing and definitely out for a second straight game will be defensive ends Austen Lane (foot) and George Selvie (knee).

The Jags' third running back Montell Owens also was limited by a sore knee for the past week.

mootini
09-12-2012, 02:16 PM
AWESOME!!!! Love the TEAL jello! The Jags are banged up bad. On paper, The Texans should take care of business, but anything can happen between these teams!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/--2Uw_HPwuN4/TyasA8kQaNI/AAAAAAAAByg/nZqJU_ECy3o/s640/DSC_0237.JPG

The Pencil Neck
09-12-2012, 02:39 PM
AWESOME!!!! Love the TEAL jello! The Jags are banged up bad. On paper, The Texans should take care of business, but anything can happen between these teams!

We're going to kill you guys with the halfback pass this week.

:kubepalm:

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2012, 02:54 PM
I wonder what the attendance will be for that game. McNair may not be happy with the revenues. Those tarps sure enhance the NFL experience though. At least, plaster a few advertisements on those tarps and make some money! Or, with all the television computerized capabilities the NFL has demonstrated........just substitute 5-10,000 happy faces in place of the tarps.....that could at least bump up the NFL experience for those eating their popcorn at home. :kitten:

ThaShark316
09-12-2012, 04:27 PM
On the record prediction:

The win @ Denver will be higher than the win @ Jacksonville.

Dutchrudder
09-12-2012, 04:40 PM
On the record prediction:

The win @ Denver will be higher than the win @ Jacksonville.

Well, duh. They don't call it the "Mile High City" for nothin'...

CloakNNNdagger
09-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Too much stuff to summarize. Today's quotes are novel length. Some interesting stuff that can answer some questions recently asked on the MB:

Quotes: Wednesday practice (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Quotes-Wednesday-practice/61afa560-34c8-4369-97e5-dc1d4a4a930e)

Posted 35 minutes ago

Scurfields Injury report as of today:

HOUSTON TEXANS

Out
None

Did Not Participate in Practice
DE Antonio Smith (ankle)

Limited Participation in Practice
OLB Bryan Braman (Hamstring), ILB Tim Dobbins (Neck/Nose), RB Arian Foster (Illness), CB Johnathan Joseph (Illness), OLB Brooks Reed (Hip)

Full Participation in Practice
G Antoine Caldwell (Ankle), NT Shaun Cody (Back), ILB Bran Cushing (Ribs), DE J.J. Watt (Elbow)

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

Out
None

Did Not Participate in Practice
T Cam Bradfield (Ankle), G Eben Britton (Ankle), RB Rashad Jennings (Knee), DE Austen Lane (Foot), DE George Selvie (Knee), LB Daryl Smith (Groin)

Limited Participation in Practice
CB Derek Cox (Hamstring)

Full Participation in Practice
CB Mike Harris (Hamstring), G Uche Nwaneri (Ankle)

CloakNNNdagger
09-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Well, it looks like the Jags owner has just promised his team's fans that there will be no local TV blackouts this year. More of their fans given the opportunity to see their team lose this Sunday.

Insideop
09-13-2012, 12:22 PM

That was us a few years ago. It may have been 06 and 07 when we led the league with players on IR including Charles Spencer our very promising LT in the 2nd game. I think we ended up with close to 20 players on IR one of those years and it seemed like we couldn't catch a break. All I can tell you is it will pass eventually. Just don't give it back to us! :worldpeace:

CloakNNNdagger
09-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Evidently, last week, Jags LT Monroe did a consistent number on Schaub's favorite Jared Allen. It will be interesting how he holds up to Texans pass rushers this week.

Here's a very interesting very in-depth analysis including game film review.

After Further Review: Jaguars' Monroe has his way with sack machine Allen (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20171487/after-further-review-jaguars-monroe-has-his-way-with-sack-machine-allen)
By Pete Prisco | Senior NFL Columnist

TexansFanatic
09-13-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm not usually this much of a sunshine pumper, but the Texans could essentially wrap up the division crown this weekend with a win.

I see the division standings after the weekend as follows:

Houston 2-0
Jackson 0-2
Indianap 0-2
Tenness 0-2

Fred
09-13-2012, 09:25 PM

Dear Sir:

Comparing the Jackonville O-line to jello is rude and insulting! We demand a retraction and an apology!

Sincerely,
Orangeish Reddish Jello
Teal Jello
Lime Jello
That Nasty Jello Mold with Marshmallows and God Only Knows What Else In It

BullBlitz
09-13-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm not usually this much of a sunshine pumper, but the Texans could essentially wrap up the division crown this weekend with a win.

Houston 2-0
Jackson 0-2
Indianap 0-2
Tenness 0-2

That's why they won't.

I envision:

Houston 1-1
Jacksonville 1-1
Indianapolis 1-1
Tennessee 0-2

b0ng
09-13-2012, 11:17 PM
That's why they won't.

I envision:

Houston 1-1
Jacksonville 1-1
Indianapolis 1-1
Tennessee 0-2

Oh cool, its that guy.

thunderkyss
09-13-2012, 11:52 PM

Houston 2-0
Jackson 0-2
Indianap 0-2
Tenness 0-2

Nothing beats a 2-0 division lead like a couple of 3 game losing streaks.

TejasTom
09-13-2012, 11:58 PM
Nothing beats a 2-0 division lead like a couple of 3 game losing streaks.

Stop it, we're breaking that streak this year.

CloakNNNdagger
09-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Although this is a betting website, it does present well the devil's advocate side below.......a side that, after some of the Miami performance, still scares me........a little. (If you read the entire piece, you will see that there is also a "Why Houston Will Win" (http://www.gamblegnome.com/blog/?p=11823)segment)

Why Jacksonville Will Win

When football betting pundits look at the Jaguars’ path to victory in this tilt, they’re going to point out that Houston beat Miami, one of the worst teams in the NFL, at home. The Texans did not receive a particularly stiff test, and they did not face a remotely intimidating environment. This week, Houston will be challenged a little more. The Texans could very easily be overconfident, a little too loose, and somewhat complacent. Football is a sport of passion and emotion, and if a team is complacent, it can lose to an inferior squad no matter how formidable it might be. This is a mental test for Houston in a season of great promise. The Texans just might stumble around, thinking that they can just show up and win this game without putting forth much of an effort. If Jacksonville can avoid losing heart after its wrenching loss to Minnesota, the Jaguars can stay competitive with a complacent Houston team and then steal this contest when the fourth quarter rolls around. That is definitely the route to success and triumph for coach Mike Mularkey’s team in week two.

Who Will Win

It’s certainly possible that Houston will let down its guard and show a degree of immaturity, but the Texans, even if they sleepwalk for one half, should not lose to Jacksonville as long as they pick up the pace in the second half. This game will be close midway through the third quarter, but Houston has too much talent to allow Jacksonville to hang around. Pick the Texans.

CloakNNNdagger
09-14-2012, 07:57 PM
This is what Vegas thinks about our upcoming opponent as of 9/14/12.

2012 Superbowl Odds (http://www.bankrollsports.com/blog/2012-superbowl-odds/) (As Of 9/14/12):

New England Patriots 5 to 1
Green Bay Packers 7 to 1
Houston Texans 7 to 1
San Francisco 49ers 7 to 1
Baltimore Ravens 12 to 1
Denver Broncos 14 to 1
Atlanta Falcons 16 to 1
Chicago Bears 16 to 1
Philadelphia Eagles 16 to 1
Dallas Cowboys 18 to 1
New Orleans Saints 25 to 1
New York Giants 25 to 1
Pittsburgh Steelers 25 to 1
San Diego Chargers 25 to 1
Detroit Lions 30 to 1
New York Jets 33 to 1
Washington Redskins 40 to 1
Seattle Seahawks 60 to 1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 60 to 1
Carolina Panthers 75 to 1
Cincinnati Bengals 75 to 1
Kansas City Chiefs 75 to 1
Arizona Cardinals 100 to 1
Buffalo Bills 100 to 1
Oakland Raiders 100 to 1
Tennessee Titans 125 to 1
Indianapolis Colts 150 to 1
Minnesota Vikings 150 to 1
Cleveland Browns 200 to 1
Miami Dolphins 200 to 1
St. Louis Rams 200 to 1
Jacksonville Jaguars 250 to 1

Brings a little smile to my face. :)

Bulls on Parade
09-14-2012, 08:13 PM
I want to crush them.

Is that so much to ask?
Nope. We'll win big. By two or three scores, IMO.

BullBlitz
09-14-2012, 09:00 PM
Oh cool, its that guy.

Just a reasonable prediction. Jaguars have a rebound win at home, and the Colts win their home opener.

I don't see any predictions from you. Oh yeah, it's that guy. Not much to add except for criticism.

thunderkyss
09-14-2012, 10:49 PM
The Texans could very easily be overconfident, a little too loose, and somewhat complacent. Football is a sport of passion and emotion, and if a team is complacent, it can lose to an inferior squad no matter how formidable it might be. This is a mental test for Houston in a season of great promise.

No way in hell the Texans are going to be overconfident or complacent after last weeks game.

thunderkyss
09-14-2012, 10:55 PM
This is what Vegas thinks about our upcoming opponent as of 9/14/12.

2012 Superbowl Odds (http://www.bankrollsports.com/blog/2012-superbowl-odds/) (As Of 9/14/12):

New England Patriots 5 to 1
Green Bay Packers 7 to 1
Houston Texans 7 to 1
San Francisco 49ers 7 to 1
Baltimore Ravens 12 to 1
Denver Broncos 14 to 1
Atlanta Falcons 16 to 1
Chicago Bears 16 to 1
Philadelphia Eagles 16 to 1
Dallas Cowboys 18 to 1
New Orleans Saints 25 to 1
New York Giants 25 to 1
Pittsburgh Steelers 25 to 1
San Diego Chargers 25 to 1
Detroit Lions 30 to 1
New York Jets 33 to 1
Washington Redskins 40 to 1
Seattle Seahawks 60 to 1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 60 to 1
Carolina Panthers 75 to 1
Cincinnati Bengals 75 to 1
Kansas City Chiefs 75 to 1
Arizona Cardinals 100 to 1
Buffalo Bills 100 to 1
Oakland Raiders 100 to 1
Tennessee Titans 125 to 1Indianapolis Colts 150 to 1
Minnesota Vikings 150 to 1
Cleveland Browns 200 to 1
Miami Dolphins 200 to 1
St. Louis Rams 200 to 1
Jacksonville Jaguars 250 to 1

Brings a little smile to my face. :)

I guess there's no chance in hell the Colts will win the Super Bowl?

Lucky
09-15-2012, 06:46 AM
I guess there's no chance in hell the Colts will win the Super Bowl?

150-1. A better chance than the Jags according to Vegas.

BullBlitz
09-15-2012, 07:52 AM

I doubt that.

CloakNNNdagger
09-15-2012, 08:21 AM
After Thursday's practice, Braman's hamstring began acting up again. He was kept from practicing yesterday......"game time" decision.

CloakNNNdagger
09-15-2012, 08:45 AM
The Jags have no "back end" to cover our "high end."

Jaguars have concerns with Texans' Johnson
By MARK LONG

The Associated Press

Published: 11:11 p.m. Friday, Sept. 14, 2012

The Jacksonville Jaguars typically shadow Pro Bowl receiver Andre Johnson.

Sometimes it's been Rashean Mathis covering Houston's go-to guy. Other times it's been Derek Cox. Regardless, the Jaguars haven't had too much success over the years.

Things really could get dicey when the AFC South rivals play in Jacksonville on Sunday.

With Cox likely out again and Mathis still recovering from knee surgery, the Jaguars (0-1) are shuffling their secondary as much as any team in the league. In Week 1's gut-wrenching, overtime loss at Minnesota they rotated seven players through five positions and couldn't seem to find the right combination.

The Jaguars struggled to cover Percy Harvin and didn't do a whole lot better on his teammates.

Now they face the high-powered Texans (1-0) and Johnson, who's healthy again after missing nine games last season with a nagging hamstring injury.

"Andre can hurt you," Mathis said. "If it's a passing play, almost 90 percent of the time the ball is coming to him. It makes you dot your I's and cross your T's a little quicker."

Johnson caught eight passes for 119 yards and a touchdown in Houston's opener, a 30-10 win against Miami.

The Jaguars have seen numbers like that regularly from the five-time Pro Bowler. Johnson has 87 catches against Jacksonville, tied for his most against any team.

"There's not too many receivers in the game right now, healthy, that can line up with him," Mathis said. "Maybe two. He's been doing it for 10 years. You have to earn your keep. He's earned his keep. I don't crown anybody before his time. He's definitely shown that he's a consistent guy when healthy. There aren't too many guys that can do what he does."

One thing the Jaguars aren't is healthy.

Cox missed most of the preseason with a hamstring injury, fellow cornerback Mathis has been limited while recovering from a torn knee ligament late last season, and linebacker Daryl Smith has been slowed by a groin injury.more (http://www.statesman.com/news/texas/jaguars-have-concerns-with-texans-johnson-2458467.html?printArticle=y)

BULLETIN: *I have just received proprietary information concerning Mularkey's heretofore unveiled plan to overcome his team's injuries.

http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/band-aid.jpg

b0ng
09-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Just a reasonable prediction. Jaguars have a rebound win at home, and the Colts win their home opener.

I don't see any predictions from you. Oh yeah, it's that guy. Not much to add except for criticism.

It's funny because you've been banging the "we will lose this game drum" in multiple threads. Setting yourself up for the big self-backpat if things don't go the Texans way?

BullBlitz
09-15-2012, 03:59 PM
It's funny because you've been banging the "we will lose this game drum" in multiple threads. Setting yourself up for the big self-backpat if things don't go the Texans way?

Not any more than the fans who are puffing their chests out and talking Super Bowl after a win over the pitiful Dolphins and their rookie QB. That's embarrassing.

dream_team
09-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Not any more than the fans who are puffing their chests out and talking Super Bowl after a win over the pitiful Dolphins and their rookie QB. That's embarrassing.

Fans have been talking Super Bowl way before training camp even started. Heck, the players have even been talking Super Bowl immediately after their playoff loss last season. It's not like they beat the Dolphins, so now everyone thinks they can be in the SB.

rush2112mn
09-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Must to me is do or die game....like your not going to playoffs or your in the playoffs game. This is a should win game......

Thorn
09-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Fans have been talking Super Bowl way before training camp even started. Heck, the players have even been talking Super Bowl immediately after their playoff loss last season. It's not like they beat the Dolphins, so now everyone thinks they can be in the SB.

Actually, I wish people would just quit talking about the Super Bowl. We've still got 15 games to play.

BullBlitz
09-15-2012, 06:34 PM

Yes, fans have been talking about the Super Bowl way before training camp started. So have the players. And they shouldn't be. Not enough happened last year to warrant such a discussion and it sure didn't happen during the Dolphins game.

We need to go beat the Broncos in Denver. Or beat the Jets on MNF. Maybe beat the Ravens and the Patriots in Foxboro. If our wins stack up against the Dolphins, Titans, Jags, Colts and Vikings maybe we get into playoffs, but not the Super Bowl.

The Pencil Neck
09-15-2012, 06:39 PM
Yes, fans have been talking about the Super Bowl way before training camp started. So have the players. And they shouldn't be.

Sure they should be. The players should have their sights firmly set on the Super Bowl. They need to be hungry to get that championship. They should be pissed off they didn't get it last year when it was just that close.

But the main thing is what the fans are talking about. All fans of any team should be talking championship at the beginning of the season. If they're not, then there's a real problem with that team. You can bet Patriots fans, Raven fans, Niner fans, Cowboy fans, Giant fans, Packer fans, Raider fans, Jets fans are all talking about the Super Bowl at this point in the season. Browns fans, Colts fans? Not so much. For years, we didn't talk about Super Bowl because we really didn't have a shot at getting there and we never really had a shot at getting there.

Now?

We've got a good shot to get there.

scourge
09-15-2012, 08:23 PM

Good job quoting David Carr... jerk

CloakNNNdagger
09-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Actually, I wish people would just quit talking about the Super Bowl. We've still got 15 games to play.

Have to agree with you. It's a very long season. There's nothing wrong with encouraging our team to that end. But as much as I'm hoping we get there, some overly enthusiastic comments at this point in time could very well prove more embarrassing than productive. :texflag:

HJam72
09-15-2012, 09:34 PM
Andre Johnson could win the Superbowl all by himself, 1 on 11 (he might need a throwing machine); but, let's not get overconfident. :kitten:

Fred
09-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Dear Sir:

Comparing the Jackonville O-line to jello is rude and insulting! We demand a retraction and an apology!

Sincerely,
Orangeish Reddish Jello
Teal Jello
Lime Jello
That Nasty Jello Mold with Marshmallows and God Only Knows What Else In It

CND:
Jello is still waiting for an apology.
Sincerely,
Pudding

srrono
09-16-2012, 04:30 PM
Done! Now make a thread for the must win @ Den

noxiousdog
09-16-2012, 04:46 PM
I doubt that.

Oops

CloakNNNdagger
09-16-2012, 04:59 PM
CND:
Jello is still waiting for an apology.
Sincerely,
Pudding

And after I took a bite, I realized it wasn't really chocolate pudding. Peww!

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQyqWuDW018fB0BVJTvFfJw0R4YHNEFw 5PN3UfCbqhSyFStfnF37g

rush2112mn
09-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Have to agree with you. It's a very long season. There's nothing wrong with encouraging our team to that end. But as much as I'm hoping we get there, some overly enthusiastic comments at this point in time could very well prove more embarrassing than productive. :texflag:

Yeah.....the radio talk show host have been doing a lot of that too......Super Bowl talk already.....
How about we win the South first and maybe get homefield advantage before you even mention that....

TexansFanatic
09-16-2012, 10:16 PM
That's why they won't.

I envision:

Houston 1-1
Jacksonville 1-1
Indianapolis 1-1
Tennessee 0-2

Well, we were both wrong.

Houston 2-0
Indianap 1-1
Jackson 0-2
Tenness 0-2

Looks like Luck is for real.

I'm just delighted Bud is suffering.

thunderkyss
09-16-2012, 10:34 PM
I'm just delighted Bud is suffering.

Suffering?? He's probably :evil: planning to use this as some sort of leverage for a move to LA.

TexansFanatic
09-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Suffering?? He's probably :evil: planning to use this as some sort of leverage for a move to LA.

But he can't escape who he is. Epic fail follows him everywhere.

b0ng
09-17-2012, 12:48 AM
Heh heh heh. Sure some people will come up and say they had it completely wrong in a little bit.

Maybe that guy for starters.