PDA

View Full Version : Texans week 1 injury report

Wolf
09-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Texans | Johnathan Joseph expected to be fine

Sun, 09 Sep 2012 13:30:33 -0700

Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said CB Johnathan Joseph (illness) left in the second half Week 1 because of an illness but is expected to be fine.

Source: HoustonTexans.com - Nick Scurfield

Texans | Tim Dobbins goes to hospital

Sun, 09 Sep 2012 13:15:20 -0700

Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said LB Tim Dobbins (neck) suffered a neck injury Week 1 and was sent to the hospital for further tests.

| Source: HoustonTexans.com - Nick Scurfield

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/team/18/NFL#ixzz260ZZF6Ax

Hervoyel
09-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Nothing about Cushing's ribs/shoulder?

eriadoc
09-09-2012, 04:20 PM
I saw Dobbins go down on the special teams and the broadcast just ignored it.

Dutchrudder
09-09-2012, 04:21 PM

The turf square he fell on will be out 4-6 weeks with a root injury.

EllisUnit
09-09-2012, 04:21 PM

:spit:

CloakNNNdagger
09-09-2012, 04:37 PM

He landed directly on his shoulder which would make a dislocation or rotator cuff or labral tear unlikely. The direct trauma can cause clavicular fracture or humerus (upper arm) or even rib fracture. None of these would seem likely since when he came off of the field, he was walking with a normal unguarded swinging of his left arm. Most likely he experienced a bruising of the shoulder and/or rib tissues.

Hervoyel
09-09-2012, 05:01 PM
He landed directly on his shoulder which would make a dislocation or rotator cuff or labral tear unlikely. The direct trauma can cause clavicular fracture or humerus (upper arm) or even rib fracture. None of these would seem likely since when he came off of the field, he was walking with a normal unguarded swinging of his left arm. Most likely he experienced a bruising of the shoulder and/or rib tissues.

Awesome! I'll take that over the scenarios that played out in my mind as they showed him walking to the locker room. Thanks!

IDEXAN
09-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Good stuff there C&D, appreciate your professional eval/info.

Buffi2
09-09-2012, 08:26 PM

I love having our very own personal physician to explain things clearly and professionally. Thank you CND. You are sincerely appreciated.

Tonaaayyyy
09-09-2012, 08:44 PM
I love having our very own personal physician to explain things clearly and professionally. Thank you CND. You are sincerely appreciated.

x2!

I feel smarter reading his posts. :hurrah:

thunderkyss
09-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Good stuff there C&D, appreciate your professional eval/info.

Professional?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kApto83SZK4/TNe95jXzLGI/AAAAAAAALL4/-DIvqLhhH24/s1600/cloakdagger1.jpg

He's a couple of comic book heroes.

NitroGSXR
09-09-2012, 08:47 PM
That hurt and I would expect him to miss time. I do not believe any report the Texans put out... and Kubiak won't share anything until the presser tomorrow.

potisyourfriend
09-09-2012, 08:54 PM

:spit:

Wolf
09-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Professional?

not sure if you lurked here for a while and just joined, but CnD is a doctor in the Houston area.He isn't part of the Texan's organization and basically gives his thoughts on his experience with patients dealing with different injuries and their recovery times

just FYI.

NitroGSXR
09-09-2012, 09:20 PM
not sure if you lurked here for a while and just joined, but CnD is a doctor in the Houston area.He isn't part of the Texan's organization and basically gives his thoughts on his experience with patients dealing with different injuries and their recovery times

just FYI.

And a good person who always has time for us around here. His information has really helped me understand what was happening to me and my recovery expectations. Thanks not once but several times, doc.

wolf123
09-09-2012, 09:26 PM
I once sent him a pic of a trouble some rash I was having and he diagnosed it in no time!!:hurrah:

CloakNNNdagger
09-09-2012, 09:50 PM
That hurt and I would expect him to miss time. I do not believe any report the Texans put out... and Kubiak won't share anything until the presser tomorrow.

One possibility I didn't mention but thought about after looking at the tape where Cushing is on the bench reaching to one of the coaches on his left. He had no problem lifting his arm and was scratching/pointing to an area of the coaches left back around the scapula and outside of the scapula region. This could be an area involved in a neck stinger/cervical nerve impingement and muscle spasms.

SheTexan
09-09-2012, 09:52 PM
One possibility I didn't mention but thought about after looking at the tape where Cushing is on the bench reaching to one of the coaches on his left. He had no problem lifting his arm and was scratching/pointing to an area of the coaches left back around the scapula and outside of the scapula region. This could be an area involved in a neck stinger/cervical nerve impingement and muscle spasms.

This is what I heard when I got home. My son-in-law told me they mentioned on TV that he had a "stinger." Those things hurt!

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-10-2012, 11:44 AM
This is what I heard when I got home. My son-in-law told me they mentioned on TV that he had a "stinger." Those things hurt!

Read lasnite Dobbins was released from the hospital, so guess it was nothing to serious good to know he should be back next week. Any news on his injury?

Playoffs
09-10-2012, 11:52 AM

Yep, much appreciated as always Dr. CND.

Worst thing about TT?: I'm always at MSR for CloakNNNdagger's posts. :foottap:

thunderkyss
09-10-2012, 11:58 AM
Yep, much appreciated as always Dr. CND.

Worst thing about TT?: I'm always at MSR for CloakNNNdagger's posts. :foottap:

Stop being so stingy with the stuff.

:foottap:

CloakNNNdagger
09-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Something that I don't believe has been report here. Dobbins' neck checked out "OK". But he did suffer a broken nose. He is expected to be back to practice Wednesday. Cushing and Braman was already back today. BTW, Cushing, as I suspected, did not sustain any major injury.....strictly some rib tissue trauma.

badboy
09-10-2012, 09:35 PM
I once sent him a pic of a trouble some rash I was having and he diagnosed it in no time!!:hurrah:no offense to CND but TexansBill could have identified rash also.

I remember saying Cushing would play better with some blood on his face but when he landed on shoulder I flashed to U of T QB McCoy.

CloakNNNdagger
09-10-2012, 09:40 PM
no offense to CND but TexansBill could have identified rash also.

I remember saying Cushing would play better with some blood on his face but when he landed on shoulder I flashed to U of T QB McCoy.

Not so fast, Wolf's wasn't on his privates.:)