PDA

View Full Version : Texans WILL win the superbowl....

EllisUnit
09-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Damn straight they will....

but here is an article by Solomon

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/09/solomon-texans-will-win-the-super-bowl/

Can the Texans win the Super Bowl?

Is that a serious question? Of course they will.

They won’t say it publicly, but they’re expecting to do it. And it isn’t just wishful thinking.

Simply, the Texans enter the 2012 season as one of the best teams in the NFL.

The amount of good fortune required for a team to claim the ultimate football prize has finally reached a level for the Texans that it is realistic for them to set getting to and winning the Super Bowl as this year’s goal.

Super Bowl or bust? Of course not.

Bob McNair’s franchise has just moved into the contending neighborhood, and it should be here for a minute. Although it took a tad too long to get there, failure to claim the ultimate prize wouldn’t by itself be reason enough for him to tear the team apart.

Still, while the Texans should be standing on the championship porch for the next few seasons, it would be foolish for them to wait for the title door to open.

Why knock on the door one year, beat on it the next, then try to kick the you-know-what in? This city has been down that road before and failed with the Oilers.

This is a season the Texans, who went 10-5 in games they tried to win last season and won the first playoff game in their history, will deliver.

“We got that taste of the playoffs in our mouths, and now we know we can be successful and even more so,” said tight end Owen Daniels, who joined the team the year after the 2-14 disaster in 2005.

thunderkyss
09-02-2012, 07:24 PM
When was the last time the best team in the NFL won the Super Bowl?

It wasn't last year, The Saints, the Packers, even the 49ers were a better team than the Giants, & that's not even considering the Patriots, Ravens.... & yes, the Texans.

It wasn't 2010. The 14-2 Patriots, 12-4 Steelers, 13-3 Falcons, & the 11-5 Bears didn't win the Super Bowl.

The best team of 2009 was the Colts, imo, The Bengals were pretty strong too. 10-6, but they beat the Ravens & the Steelers in the regular season.

Ok, maybe the Saints were the best team in the 2009.... but how often does the best team actually win the Super Bowl?

EllisUnit
09-02-2012, 07:42 PM

It wasn't last year, The Saints, the Packers, even the 49ers were a better team than the Giants, & that's not even considering the Patriots, Ravens.... & yes, the Texans.

It wasn't 2010. The 14-2 Patriots, 12-4 Steelers, 13-3 Falcons, & the 11-5 Bears didn't win the Super Bowl.

The best team of 2009 was the Colts, imo, The Bengals were pretty strong too. 10-6, but they beat the Ravens & the Steelers in the regular season.

Ok, maybe the Saints were the best team in the 2009.... but how often does the best team actually win the Super Bowl?

1 week until the season starts man, just finding anything to keep it interesting until then. This is prob the longest week of my life.

The Medic01
09-02-2012, 07:56 PM

It doesn't matter how many times it has or hasn't happened before. How many times has a team missing their first and second string QB with a rook at the helm gotten two plays away from the AFCCG. I don't care how many times it has or has not been done. This team can and will do it. In the words of Matt Schaub. "Super Bowl or bust. No excuses". It starts in a week from now and it ends on a cold February night in New Orleans against some poor poor NFC team. Got it?

EllisUnit
09-02-2012, 08:00 PM
It doesn't matter how many times it has or hasn't happened before. How many times has a team missing their first and second string QB with a rook at the helm gotten two plays away from the AFCCG. I don't care how many times it has or has not been done. This team can and will do it. In the words of Matt Schaub. "Super Bowl or bust. No excuses". It starts in a week from now and it ends on a cold February night in New Orleans against some poor poor NFC team. Got it?

:whip: well said

ObsiWan
09-02-2012, 08:06 PM
I think we have the weapons and the will to get there I still prefer the "Let's go 1 - 0, every week" attitude from last year. It served us well. Kept us focused and on an even keel.
Let's try to go 1 and 0 every week
...for 19 weeks.

cuppacoffee
09-02-2012, 08:17 PM
While fun to talk about, history doesn’t win or lose games. Players and coaches do.
The Texans have championship-caliber players. A check of the names tells you how far the Texans have come since they were on the bottom rung of the NFL ladder.

From David Carr to Matt Schaub, Jonathan Wells to Arian Foster, Corey Bradford to Andre Johnson, Billy Miller to Owen Daniels, Jay Foreman to Brian Cushing, Gary Walker to J.J. Watt, Matt Stevens to Daniel Manning, and so on.

Somebody just earned a spot on :shetexan: chit list. :D

:coffee:

MEGA SWATT
09-03-2012, 02:21 AM
Agreed.

TheMatrix31
09-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Let's pump the brakes. Jeez.

Thorn
09-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Well, we've gone from being a laughing stock to being much respected.

It's different, and it's nice. But until I see a super bowl trophy being paraded through downtown Houston it don't mean ****.

EllisUnit
09-03-2012, 09:55 AM

It's different, and it's nice. But until I see a super bowl trophy being paraded through downtown Houston it don't mean ****.

One step at a time. We used to all just want respect from the national media we finally got that, now the next step is a championship. One step at a time there buddy ;)

ckhouston
09-03-2012, 02:21 PM
If the entire team stays healthy, then in theory we could go undefeated.

Whats the chance of that? Very slim ...

I think we will win the division and make the playoffs, then the season starts over and IF we are still relatively healthy, we have a great shot at a Superbowl. How about Saints vs. Texans in New Orleans?

I'd take it ... short trip down I-10 ...

Showtime100
09-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Jerome Soloman once stole my wristbands in Junior High, now you guys are actually listening to him. Pretty funny from my roost.

Don't worry about what JS says, I don't recall him ever being more than a Skip Bayless wannabe.

NastyNate
09-03-2012, 09:57 PM
I'd like to see the end of all articles regarding the Texans winning the superbowl. It don't mean squat until you hoist the trophy in February.

GlassHalfFull
09-03-2012, 09:59 PM
I'd like to see the end of all articles regarding the Texans winning the superbowl. It don't mean squat until you hoist the trophy in February.

I'm with you on this. Let's play one game at a time.

Texan_Bill
09-03-2012, 10:01 PM

You old, miserable curmudgeon!!!!! Have a heart, old man!!! :texanbill:

ObsiWan
09-04-2012, 07:42 AM

One step at a time. We used to all just want respect from the national media we finally got that, now the next step is a championship. One step at a time there buddy ;)

I'm with you on this. Let's play one game at a time.

We have the weapons but, as I said before, let's just shoot for going one & oh every week. If we do that - don't believe all the nice press we're finally getting and look past the next team - everything else will fall into place.

Playoffs
09-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Mike Florio, the head honcho and NFL commentator at ProFootballTalk, doesn't think the Texans will win the division or even make the playoffs.
http://www.modacity.net/forums/styles/smilies/emot-airquote.gifExpert professional football mind. http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/toropalm.gif

Florio

AFC

Seeds: 1. Patriots; 2. Broncos; 3. Ravens; 4. Titans; 5. Bengals; 6. Chiefs.

Wild card round: Ravens over Chiefs, Bengals over Titans.

Divisional round: Patriots over Bengals, Broncos over Ravens.

Conference Championship: Patriots over Broncos.

NFC

Seeds: 1. Packers; 2. Giants; 3. Falcons; 4. 49ers; 5. Saints; 6. Eagles.

Wild card round: Eagles over Falcons, Saints over 49ers.

Divisional round: Eagles over Packers, Giants over Saints.

Conference Championship: Giants over Eagles.

Super Bowl: Giants over Patriots.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/04/pfts-2012-season-predictions/

Thorn
09-04-2012, 11:48 AM
You old, miserable curmudgeon!!!!!

Umm......and your point is?

:Tumblewee

Yesterday
09-04-2012, 01:17 PM
[QUOTE=Fiddler;2006372]When was the last time the best team in the NFL won the Super Bowl?

Which means that even if we aren't the best team in football (questionable) we still have a good chance at the SB

Lurvinator11
09-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Mike Florio, the head honcho and NFL commentator at ProFootballTalk, doesn't think the Texans will win the division or even make the playoffs.
http://www.modacity.net/forums/styles/smilies/emot-airquote.gifExpert professional football mind. http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/toropalm.gif

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/04/pfts-2012-season-predictions/

What a nub

gtexan02
09-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Chris Mortenson picks us to win it all

Chris Mortensen, senior NFL analyst

In my mind, Houston would have made it to the Super Bowl last year had Matt Schaub been healthy, so I'm going to step out on a sturdy limb with the Texans to win it all this season. This is not a pick made with full confidence. When is it ever? Schaub, and, of course, Andre Johnson must be fully healthy down the stretch for Houston to go all the way. I really like the 49ers in the NFC. Everyone seems to forget what Alex Smith did against the Saints in the final minute in the divisional playoffs last season. He's not going to be Drew Brees, but he will be better than last season. San Francisco's great defense, superior running game and an improved passing game give it the look of a team that can make it all the way to New Orleans. I do know one thing: The 49ers will have a much harder road to the Super Bowl than any of the strong AFC teams. A consensus of people I talk with in the league believe that the NFC is by far the tougher conference.

Super Bowl pick: Texans over 49ers

Tailgate
09-04-2012, 02:01 PM
I am very leary of this year. Losing our right side of the line AND Dreesons blocking ability can NOT help our running game. Schaub and AJ MUST stay healthy or defenses will stack the line and overload the right side.

On D, we really need Cody to play at last years level and we will have to keep a very close eye on the ILB situation. Codys back and Bradies play in the offseason have me concerned.

6 weeks in we will know if all the changes will be our downfall or that our system simply is a rolling along... And its just another year of newbies stepping up and we are full steam ahead.

badboy
09-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Kind of cool to be even considered for super bowl. Next man up. Next game up. ALL ABOARD!