PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 VS Miami. Lets predict :)

EllisUnit
09-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Ok we are at home, we have Schaub back, a healthy AJ, Foster and :) Bulls on Parade. I predict a route.

Texans 42 Dolphins 10

TheIronDuke
09-01-2012, 07:56 PM
20-10 Texans, 6 sacks on Tannehill but give up some big plays on the ground.

Seasick Sailor
09-01-2012, 08:00 PM
I think we roll 35-10.

Fili
09-01-2012, 08:00 PM
28-7. Tannehill throws 3 picks.

Corrosion
09-01-2012, 08:19 PM
27-6 with dominating performances by the Foster/Tate and the defense.

They'll get a lead and chew up the clock .... only reason I dont see the score more lopsided.

Lurvinator11
09-01-2012, 08:20 PM
42-0

GP
09-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Miami stays home, forfeits the game.

Playoffs
09-01-2012, 08:24 PM
http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/c/chicken-5877.jpg
Winner, winner chicken dinner!

GlassHalfFull
09-01-2012, 08:28 PM
http://designcrave.frsucrave.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/DC010711-B.jpg

rush2112mn
09-01-2012, 08:46 PM
This is the first game...it sets the tone for the season. We need to get off on real good note and a dominating performance. Thats what this team needs to do....dominate teams and put them out of their misery. Vegas has us as a 10 point favorite.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 08:50 PM
31-10 Texans. Reason behind my score we run and milk the clock as usual and shorten the game.

Defense gets 5 sacks and a INT

Offense Foster goes for 170yds rushing 35yds receiving 2 TD's, Schaub throws a TD and Holliday takes one to the house.

EllisUnit
09-01-2012, 09:35 PM

MSR :spit:

Corrosion
09-01-2012, 09:37 PM
31-10 Texans. Reason behind my score we run and milk the clock as usual and shorten the game.

Defense gets 5 sacks and a INT

Offense Foster goes for 170yds rushing 35yds receiving 2 TD's, Schaub throws a TD and Holliday takes one to the house.

copy:kitten: ..... :corrosion:

Dutchrudder
09-01-2012, 09:38 PM
26-13, with many people questioning the redzone offense due to lots of FGs.

thunderkyss
09-01-2012, 10:01 PM
I think the game starts with back to back turnovers, in Miami's favor. We're down 0-14 halfway through the first Qtr.

We put them on lock down the rest of the way & slowly take the lead. Arian & Ben both go for over a 100 yards in a ground & pound display of dominance.

Just a guess.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 10:04 PM
copy:kitten: ..... :corrosion:

Haha my bad only read the creators post. never read the other post before I posted at least we agree.

ObsiWan
09-01-2012, 10:08 PM
:spit:
This actually made me laugh out loud.
MSR.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Just a question. Do you think Newton can hold his own against Jared Odrick?

AggiebyMarriage
09-01-2012, 11:03 PM
I would not count your chickens before they have hatched. This is the same kind of talk that I remember hearing, right before the season opener against the Jets back in 2009. Please note that Troy Nolan was just signed by Miami.

I just guessing mind you, but I suspect that the Miami coaching staff is, as I type this, milking Troy for every detail of Wades defense so they can get out of him. It is much easier to attack a defense if you have a little inside knowledge to guide you.

The Texans better take this team seriously because Miami will have a pretty good idea of how to read Wades defense, especially the secondary.

Norg
09-01-2012, 11:06 PM
we will like score 27 points in the first half and then just run it two death in the 2nd like we alwasy do

so it will be like 36-0 :P

EllisUnit
09-01-2012, 11:09 PM
I would not count your chickens before they have hatched. This is the same kind of talk that I remember hearing, right before the season opener against the Jets back in 2009. Please note that Troy Nolan was just signed by Miami.

I just guessing mind you, but I suspect that the Miami coaching staff is, as I type this, milking Troy for every detail of Wades defense so they can get out of him. It is much easier to attack a defense if you have a little inside knowledge to guide you.

The Texans better take this team seriously because Miami will have a pretty good idea of how to read Wades defense, especially the secondary.

:spit: still need the talent, and they just dont have it

SAMURAITEXAN
09-01-2012, 11:53 PM
:spit: still need the talent, and they just dont have it

What talent?

Go Texans!!!

GP
09-02-2012, 12:05 AM

They have 6 days, and in 6 days Troy Nolan cannot instill THAT level of knowledge into the Dolphins for the Dolphins to counter what we'll do.

Plus, Wade is smart enough to throw several wrinkles into our packages on Sunday that anything Troy might tip to the Fins...it could backfire when the opposite of what the Dolphins O-Coord thought would happen ends up happening.

Desperate, wormy, no-talented teams like the Titans and the Dolphins think they can get ahead of the curve by acquiring one team's castaways. I think the only time I have seen it work pretty well was when Sage Rosenfels was with the Giants for awhile. Sage had enough lead time to get us ****ed over pretty good, and that game was a laugher from start to finish. **** Sage, by the way. I'm glad he's out of Houston and out of the league too. Serves him right.

disaacks3
09-02-2012, 12:05 AM
38-13, Texans roll on 2TD passes and over 150 rushing yds.

Lucky
09-02-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm taking Wade's defense over Tannehill. Even if you give the rook the Texans playbook.

Houston is the largest favorite of week 1 (-10.5). The Texans make it 7-0 versus the Phins, 24-3.

GP
09-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Holliday returns a punt or kickoff for a TD.

Foster scores.

Tate scores.

Forsett into the game by the 4th quarter. Yates into the game by the 4th quarter. AJ gets to rest in the 4th too, Martin in as WR1 and Jean and Walter clean up the scraps alongside Martin.

Dolphins try to catch up, but the Texans D is straight up hammering them from all angles.

Final score: 34 Texans - Dolphins 17

Nolan gets dropped off the Fins' roster on the Monday after. Gets picked up by our week 2 opponent.

ObsiWan
09-02-2012, 12:39 AM

1. Miami has 18 games worth of film regarding the Texans'/Wade's defense from last season. That's way more "data" than they can extract from Troy Nolan in less than a week.

2. If Troy was proficient enough to have any valuable insight into how this defense really worked maybe he'd still be here

3. ...and besides, knowing what's coming (or thinking you know what's coming) and having the ability to do anything about it are two very different things.

:gotexans1

TdotTexas2Step
09-02-2012, 01:12 AM
1. Miami has 18 games worth of film regarding the Texans'/Wade's defense from last season. That's way more "data" than they can extract from Troy Nolan in less than a week.

2. If Troy was proficient enough to have any valuable insight into how this defense really worked maybe he'd still be here

3. ...and besides, knowing what's coming (or thinking you know what's coming) and having the ability to do anything about it are two very different things.

:gotexans1

I'll take a stab then.

1. Very true, but Nolan will be able to give them details that you typically wouldn't be able to get from tape. Whether it's audibles, how they approach certain scenarios, how they go about disguising coverage, etc. If anything, it allows Miami to be more efficient, instead of spending 4 days to dissect the Texans D, it may take 3 days instead. It won't result in a win for Miami, but you can't blame them for trying.

2. I'd actually love for this to be the case. But Nolan could have been cut mainly because he couldn't execute, it doesn't mean he doesn't have any insight on our D. If you can't play, you coach - that's what Miami's thinking here with Nolan. Still think Nolan should be here over Keo :kitten:

3. This I have no issues with and totally agree. The biggest impact it might have is that it could affect someone like Mercilus who's still learning the defense, and can't be worried with the extra wrinkles and adjustments Wade throws in specifically for this week.

The Pencil Neck
09-02-2012, 02:03 AM

The first thing to remember is that WE are fans. We are not the Texans. We don't have to take anyone seriously... because... what we think and do doesn't really matter. All those things about taking 1 game at a time and not looking at the schedule and all that, those are things for PLAYERS to think, not fans. We can look at the schedule. We can look ahead.

If you think that Kubiak and Wade are not taking that Dolphins team seriously, then you've got another think coming.

I seriously doubt The Dolphins wasted a spot on their 53 in an attempt to learn Wade's defense or to pick up things about the players. I think they signed Troy because he was better than what they had. Wade's defense is not so complicated that they couldn't figure out the majority of it just from looking at film. His defense relies more on him creating mismatches in his play-calls than something complicated built into the structure of the defense (as opposed to the Frank Bush approach.)

Teaching a ROOKIE QB to read that defense, otoh, is going to be a challenge.

Now, personally, I'm not going to predict any huge victory or anything. I've got to see this offensive line operate in a real game before I get to comfy, but that's just me. I'm sure there are fans on some Dolphins boards coming over here, reading this thread, and thinking "WTF are these guys smoking?" OTOH, I'm sure they've probably got a Prediction thread where they're predicting kicking our asses. That's just the way fandom works. No biggie.

EVOLVIST
09-02-2012, 02:48 AM
I know it might be just for a laugh but I'm glad some people have stepped up to debunk the Nolan Conspiracy.

The facts are, though, people, is that Wade's been running essentially the same defense since the 70s with variations to reflect offensive trends in the NFL. Therefore, it's no secret what Wade's going to do - the secret is how Wade's going to do it, which is why you never know where the pressure is coming from, what coverages are disguised, etc. Plus, so much of Wade's defense is based upon using the specific skillsets of the players he has at his disposal. That changes yearly, creating new wrinkles by default.

So, there are decades of Wade's defenses to watch. Have at it...and good luck!

Bulls on Parade
09-02-2012, 05:05 AM
My Week 1 prediction

Texans 34, Dolphins 6

No TD's allowed!!!! Hold them to a couple of field goals.

MistaRed
09-02-2012, 06:38 AM
35-3 Texans. Team clicks in all phases of the game. Kubes reigns in the dogs by the 4th.

ObsiWan
09-02-2012, 07:41 AM
I'll take a stab then.

1. Very true, but Nolan will be able to give them details that you typically wouldn't be able to get from tape. Whether it's audibles, how they approach certain scenarios, how they go about disguising coverage, etc. If anything, it allows Miami to be more efficient, instead of spending 4 days to dissect the Texans D, it may take 3 days instead. It won't result in a win for Miami, but you can't blame them for trying.

2. I'd actually love for this to be the case. But Nolan could have been cut mainly because he couldn't execute, it doesn't mean he doesn't have any insight on our D. If you can't play, you coach - that's what Miami's thinking here with Nolan. Still think Nolan should be here over Keo :kitten:

3. This I have no issues with and totally agree. The biggest impact it might have is that it could affect someone like Mercilus who's still learning the defense, and can't be worried with the extra wrinkles and adjustments Wade throws in specifically for this week.

I'd offer re-rebuttal for numbers 1 & 2 but we both know that number 3 trumps all. It'll be especially challenging for Miami because, as someone else mentioned, they're trotting out a rookie QB, their "stud" RB is Reggie Bush(league), and Naanee is the only WR whose name I quasi-recognize.

The only reason I won't predict a rout is the propensity of our offense to start slow at times. Especially when the opponent isn't a perceived rival (see Manning Colts or Fisher's Titans) or perceived "statement game".

I see a 24-10 or maybe 27-14 outcome. We go scoreless for most of the first qtr then get take a 10-3 or 13-7 lead into halftime. Kubiak chews some butt at the half and we get 14 to 21 pts in the third/early fourth qtr. And then Kubiak runs out the clock for the remainder of the game. Maybe Holliday or the the defense adds to the final score somewhere along the way.

If this game is remotely close, the soapers come out of hibernation.
:D

DocBar
09-02-2012, 07:50 AM
Miami has a good D and always seems to play us close. Having a rookie QB is gonna hurt them, though. I'll call it 31-10. Schaub passes for 250yds and a TD, AF/BT rush for 200 and 2 TD's. D gets 4 sacks and 2 picks, one a pick six.

BullBlitz
09-02-2012, 08:03 AM
This won't be much of a game, but not because we are so good, simply because the Dolphins are so bad.

Next week against the Jags will get a little more competitive, and the fun starts at Denver.

09-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Texans win 20-13.

False Start
09-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Texans - 28
Dolphins - 17

bayoudreamn
09-02-2012, 09:08 AM
1st quarter....Schaub drives team down field for early TD....7-0 Texans...

....Miami 3 and out......2 yards gained.

....Texans move ball on 2nd drive but kick field goal.....10-0.

2nd quarter.....sloppy early for both teams.....Texans D comes up big with pick 6 late for 17-0 halftime lead. Miami has 50 yards total offense.

3rd quarter....Texans flat......Dolphins threaten a couple of times before punching it in late on short drive for a TD.....17-7. Miami adds 135 yards total offense in 3rd quarter.

Texans D pitches shutout rest of way giving offense short field for one field goal and offense drives close enough for another....final score 23-7. Ryan Tannehill gets confused and tries to go to airport with Texans.

After the game GK says he saw alot of good things and he'll have to wait to see the tape before knowing how anyone did. Says they have some things they need to clean up and they'll do that tomorrow and vaguely implies that some people need to play better.

:brando:

TejasTom
09-02-2012, 09:11 AM
.... Please note that Troy Nolan was just signed by Miami.

Herring has coached with Wade for years and he can't call the defense a good. Wade's defense is not complex, there's not a lot to figure out and it's not new.

Knowing how all the chess pieces move doesn't make you good at chess.

Run away from Watt, Cushing and throw towards Kareem.

Posted using Tapatalk from my phone. May contain errors.

Thorn
09-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Mike Munchak, being mind controlled by evil Darth Adams, runs out into the field in the 1st quarter and steps on Schaubs foot. TJ comes in but injures his shoulder. Beck comes in and hands off to Foster and Tate the rest of the game and we win 94-0. Afterwards in the press conference, Beck trips over the podium and is out for the season. Case Keenum is the starting quarterback and the Texans win the Super Bowl 140-0 over Dallas. The Cowboys are then moved to LA, but unfortunately the entire team perishes when the San Andres fault slips.

GlassHalfFull
09-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Mike Munchak, being mind controlled by evil Darth Adams, runs out into the field in the 1st quarter and steps on Schaubs foot. TJ comes in but injures his shoulder. Beck comes in and hands off to Foster and Tate the rest of the game and we win 94-0. Afterwards in the press conference, Beck trips over the podium and is out for the season. Case Keenum is the starting quarterback and the Texans win the Super Bowl 140-0 over Dallas. The Cowboys are then moved to LA, but unfortunately the entire team perishes when the San Andres fault slips.

Only issue I have with this prediction. Didn't you mean fortunately?

Thorn
09-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Only issue I have with this prediction. Didn't you mean fortunately?

Must have been a typo.

GP
09-02-2012, 10:08 AM
To me, it's not that Nolan can/can't give the Fins information on us.

It's that Nolan stooped to that level for a paycheck. We signed Ryan Harris because we genuinely needed an OL, not because we needed to get an advantage for our game vs. the Broncos.

Nolan was picked up for the explicit purpose of helping the Fins get an advantage against us. It won't work, but the Dolphins tried it. Nolan is going through with it. And he has no long-term future with the Dolphins.

Jeff Ireland is a sleaze bag, so it doesn't surprise me they'd do it. The Titans are sleaze bags, grabbing Orlovsky when we cut him last year. It's a sleaze bag move no matter how you slice it.

The only team I can remember doing this, that didn't seem like it was done on purpose to gain an advantage against us, was when Sage went to the Giants. The Giants dismantled us like no other team has in Kubiak's tenure here. They knew everything we were going to do before we did it. Nothing worked. It was a really, really bad day for Kubiak's offense.

It's a futile last-ditch effort by the Fins and it won't matter. They're going to get demolished. And like others have said, the real fun starts when we play the Broncos. The Fins? They are horribly outmatched.

Playoffs
09-02-2012, 10:38 AM
It's that Nolan stooped to that level for a paycheck...
Nolan was picked up for the explicit purpose of helping the Fins get an advantage against us...
I'm not so sure about that. Miami was thin at the Safety spot and Nolan is an upgrade. (They dropped their 4th S Tyrone Culver for him.) Dolphins needs list was longer than anyone's for the draft.

As for Troy, he doesn't have a choice -- it's either play or retire.

Rey
09-02-2012, 01:05 PM

It's that Nolan stooped to that level for a paycheck. We signed Ryan Harris because we genuinely needed an OL, not because we needed to get an advantage for our game vs. the Broncos.

Nolan was picked up for the explicit purpose of helping the Fins get an advantage against us. It won't work, but the Dolphins tried it. Nolan is going through with it. And he has no long-term future with the Dolphins.

Jeff Ireland is a sleaze bag, so it doesn't surprise me they'd do it. The Titans are sleaze bags, grabbing Orlovsky when we cut him last year. It's a sleaze bag move no matter how you slice it.

The only team I can remember doing this, that didn't seem like it was done on purpose to gain an advantage against us, was when Sage went to the Giants. The Giants dismantled us like no other team has in Kubiak's tenure here. They knew everything we were going to do before we did it. Nothing worked. It was a really, really bad day for Kubiak's offense.

It's a futile last-ditch effort by the Fins and it won't matter. They're going to get demolished. And like others have said, the real fun starts when we play the Broncos. The Fins? They are horribly outmatched.

So he should turn down work?

Gp, this is far fetched. You think Bruce Matthews didn't divulge info when he went to the titans? Orvlosky to the colts?

Heck, we have picked up players and faced their old teams.

It's a part of the NFL. Guys change teams all the time, coaches and players. It's not anything new. You just have to deal with it.

Painting Nolan as some sinister person when he was CLAIMED off waivers is ridiculous.

Is he supposed to retire or not play because The dolphins are our first opponent. He's supposed to show that level of loyalty to the team that just cut him?

Troy won't be here for this week of game planning. He will know some of our defensive pre snap signals/calls though But he's not going to be on the field with the offense so it doesn't really matter.

He can divulge some information about their plays and some things we like to do, but most of this stuff the dolphins can gather from watching film.

This is not a big deal.

Can he help them? Sure. Will it be the difference between a win and a loss? Hopefully not. Otherwise we aren't as good as we need to be.

GP
09-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Meh. I wouldn't begrudge the guy a paycheck.

Gotta pay the bills, I understand that.

I'm talking about the FAN in me. As a Texans fan, I just don't like that sort of bull**** from ex-Texans players. I am not saying it should be made illegal, but maybe the league should clamp down on it and say that you cannot claim a waived player from Team A if your team, Team B, plays Team A the following week.

Example: Dolphins cannot claim ANY waived/cut Texans player until after the conclusion of the Texans-Dolphins game. You guys genuinely think they'd want to pick him up AFTER they're done playing us this coming Sunday??? I doubt it.

Make a team realllllly think hard about putting in that claim for the player of the team you want information on. You willing to sit on that player for 2, 3, 4, or more weeks until the time comes for you to play the team you're snooping on? Fine by me. But not a one-week turnaround. Screw that, IMO. I don't think it's too much for the league to crack down on one-week turnaround snitch jobs.

DocBar
09-02-2012, 04:55 PM

It's a futile last-ditch effort by the Fins and it won't matter. They're going to get demolished. And like others have said, the real fun starts when we play the Broncos. The Fins? They are horribly outmatched.Hey, just because you're paranoid does not mean they aren't out to get ya!!
:sarcasm: :D

Seriously, though, I really don't see a problem with this. Either of our coordinators could really punk out the other team with just a couple of wrinkles if they're overly worried about Nolan giving the fins the inside scoop on anything.

Speedy
09-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Meh. I wouldn't begrudge the guy a paycheck.

Gotta pay the bills, I understand that.

I'm talking about the FAN in me. As a Texans fan, I just don't like that sort of bull**** from ex-Texans players. I am not saying it should be made illegal, but maybe the league should clamp down on it and say that you cannot claim a waived player from Team A if your team, Team B, plays Team A the following week.

Example: Dolphins cannot claim ANY waived/cut Texans player until after the conclusion of the Texans-Dolphins game. You guys genuinely think they'd want to pick him up AFTER they're done playing us this coming Sunday??? I doubt it.

Make a team realllllly think hard about putting in that claim for the player of the team you want information on. You willing to sit on that player for 2, 3, 4, or more weeks until the time comes for you to play the team you're snooping on? Fine by me. But not a one-week turnaround. Screw that, IMO. I don't think it's too much for the league to crack down on one-week turnaround snitch jobs.

Paranoid much? Troy Nolan could walk into the Dolphins locker room with Wade's playbook, and it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference. Some of you guys are putting way WAY too much into this.

Corrosion
09-02-2012, 05:43 PM
GP you're taking the :tinfoil: to a new level with this one .... Nolan was going to get picked up as soon as he got cut , just so happens it was the sushi's.

I believe that the cuts in the secondary were tough and whoever got the axe would have been picked up by another team , thats why they chose to trade McManis rather than cut one of he and Carmichael and get nothing in return.

Keo's the better ST player .... that made Nolan the odd man out since Demps is the next guy off the bench and Pleasant played well in the preseason landing him on the PS .... they werent going to keep 6 at the S spot.

rush2112mn
09-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Texans 35 Dolphins 0

GP
09-02-2012, 05:58 PM
In the other thread, I plainly stated that I think it won't matter...it won't make a damn bit of difference because we are going to destroy them completely.

My argument is NOT that it will help them, my argument is that I hate it when ex-Texans land on an opponent's team, especially just a week away from the game we'll have with them. I just feel it's a punk move, indicative of a low-class organization (like the Titans when they picked up Orlovsky) and then I have a bit of a grudge against the ex-texans player too.

But hey, if you guys want to paint me as the tin foil hat...go ahead. I never once said that we're doomed, that he'd reveal our best laid plans, blah blah blah. But hey, have fun bagging on me.

It's OK, go ahead and have a few laughs. I'm laughing at your inability to form a proper response to my posts. Lazy asses.

thunderkyss
09-02-2012, 06:02 PM
It's that Nolan stooped to that level for a paycheck.

:tinfoil:

You work for the gov't don't you.

DocBar
09-02-2012, 07:23 PM
In the other thread, I plainly stated that I think it won't matter...it won't make a damn bit of difference because we are going to destroy them completely.

My argument is NOT that it will help them, my argument is that I hate it when ex-Texans land on an opponent's team, especially just a week away from the game we'll have with them. I just feel it's a punk move, indicative of a low-class organization (like the Titans when they picked up Orlovsky) and then I have a bit of a grudge against the ex-texans player too.

But hey, if you guys want to paint me as the tin foil hat...go ahead. I never once said that we're doomed, that he'd reveal our best laid plans, blah blah blah. But hey, have fun bagging on me.

It's OK, go ahead and have a few laughs. I'm laughing at your inability to form a proper response to my posts. Lazy asses.GP, this is just another sign that the Texans have become a good football team. Remember just a few years ago when all of us were scouring the waiver wire list praying for an upgrade? Nowadays, other team's, and their fans, are scouring OUR waiver wire looking for that player. I know it's been a long time, but the Texans can actually waive a good player after the preseason and still have better players on the roster. Chillax, dude. It's gonna be alright. :turtle:

BigBull17
09-04-2012, 11:18 AM
31-3. Rough game in a rough enviroment for a not so good team with a rookie QB. That place may implode.

nero THE zero
09-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Mia 9
hou 31

Señor Stan
09-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Houston 27
Miami 13

drunkcookie
09-04-2012, 02:00 PM

That goes on all of the time...there is always a player, coach or good-friend-of-someone on a team that can get you information... And though it "could" help just a "little", it's overall an unpredictable thing...

So unless Nolan can get the OC for the Fins into the Texans' defensive huddle, he won't know "that" much...

TejasTom
09-04-2012, 03:02 PM
I predict I will drink Crown Royal and yell at the top of my lungs when Tannehil is on the field.

...So unless Nolan can get the OC for the Fins into the Texans' defensive huddle, he won't know "that" much...

I think if we gave their OC a headset so he could listen in that it wouldn't make that much difference.

rolyat93
09-04-2012, 03:15 PM
19-0, like our record will be this year.:kitten:

thunderkyss
09-04-2012, 03:17 PM
I know Wade is still looking for that shut out game. Let's hope them boys on Kirby do what they do & get it for the old man.

drs23
09-04-2012, 04:21 PM
I know Wade is still looking for that shut out game. Let's hope them boys on Kirby do what they do & get it for the old man.

I hadn't even thought of that. OK, 42-0, Texans. :turtle:

GP
09-04-2012, 04:35 PM
GP, this is just another sign that the Texans have become a good football team. Remember just a few years ago when all of us were scouring the waiver wire list praying for an upgrade? Nowadays, other team's, and their fans, are scouring OUR waiver wire looking for that player. I know it's been a long time, but the Texans can actually waive a good player after the preseason and still have better players on the roster. Chillax, dude. It's gonna be alright. :turtle:

I think you're nailing it on the head for me.

I've gotten accustomed to seeing certain names on the roster, so it struck me odd to see one leave...especially with how spotty the secondary had always been.

I would have felt less angry had it been a rookie let go instead of a more vested player who has multiple years experience in our system, and that he went to a week 1 opponent too was a sticking point.

Yeah, we're going to pound the Dolphins into a mushy pile...but still, the circumstances irked me.

Meanwhile, guys like Keo and Ball MADE the team. Oh well.

CloakNNNdagger
09-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Now that the Phins have just released Garrad, Miami has lost their only "saviour."
:kitten:

wolf123
09-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Now that the Phins have just released Garrad, Miami has lost their only "saviour."
:kitten:

Cloak, how long to recover from a sprain of the MCL like jake long has. I sprained my ACL and had a bone bruise and It took me like 3-4 week to move the way I wanted for basketball.

Do you think he plays vs Texans?

NastyNate
09-04-2012, 08:24 PM
I predict a blowout... of my bowels after consuming many beers and mass quantities of food.

Texan_Bill
09-04-2012, 08:28 PM
I predict a blowout... of my bowels after consuming many beers and mass quantities of food.

Nate, while I love your enthusiam, I actually think it will be a little closer than you think! I'm guessing 27-20!!!

Yeah, eff that........ 34-13. Just sayin'!!! :texanbill:

NastyNate
09-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Nate, while I love your enthusiam, I actually think it will be a little closer than you think! I'm guessing 27-20!!!

Yeah, eff that........ 34-13. Just sayin'!!! :texanbill:

A little closer for comfort? I just hope my backside and underwear don't try to engage in a kissing contest. Been eating clean for the past month or so, this is going to hurt!

All kidding aside I think our redzone woes will show up again, and this one might be closer than people like to admit. Miami had a very solid defense over the second half of last season. I see a final score of around 23-16 or so.

CloakNNNdagger
09-04-2012, 08:40 PM
Cloak, how long to recover from a sprain of the MCL like jake long has. I sprained my ACL and had a bone bruise and It took me like 3-4 week to move the way I wanted for basketball.

Do you think he plays vs Texans?

Grade I MCL sprains which only involve ~10% of fibers usually require, 10-14 days for return to sports. Grade II sprains 3-4 weeks. Grade III sprains 5 weeks or more.

If Long's was a Grade I, he could be pushing it to return on Sunday. BUT, Long has been seen wearing a knee brace. Grade I injuries are not immobilized/stabilized since self-strengthening and self-stabilization is the goal from the onset. Grade II and III, on the other hand are routinely braced from the onset, for protection. In the case of Grade III, the brace is initially FIXED at 30 degree, then only later allowed to progress to protective restricted ROM. In the case of Grade II, the brace is usually placed without fixed static position. Restricted ROM is essentially encouraged almost immediately, if not immediately. Therefore, I would deduce from our limited info, that Long would have suffered a Grade II MCL sprain and, if allowed to play Sunday, will perform as well as the rest of his team is expected to.......poorly. Philbin says that he will be ready to go Sunday. But my opinion is that if he does try to get out there Sunday, he will significantly set back his rehab.

Texan_Bill
09-04-2012, 08:48 PM
A little closer for comfort? I just hope my backside and underwear don't try to engage in a kissing contest. Been eating clean for the past month or so, this is going to hurt!

All kidding aside I think our redzone woes will show up again, and this one might be closer than people like to admit. Miami had a very solid defense over the second half of last season. I see a final score of around 23-16 or so.

:spit: Dude, that was freakin' hilarious!!!
REPPED!!!

CloakNNNdagger
09-04-2012, 08:51 PM
The happless Phins are becoming even more happless. Per PFT:

We didn’t know that starting right guard Artis Hicks, signed away from Cleveland this offseason, would also be knocked off the active roster. The Dolphins announced Garrard’s release on Tuesday afternoon and added word that Hicks will be placed on injured reserve with a neck injury. It’s the old school injured reserve, which means that Hicks will not return this season.

It also means that the Dolphins might be up the proverbial creek without a paddle at left tackle for the season opener. John Jerry, who would be the likeliest successor for Hicks at right guard, is also dealing with injuries and might not be able to go on Sunday. On top of that, left tackle Jake Long is dealing with a sprained MCL.

Long is expected to play, but you’d like to be a little better stocked in reserve in case something goes pear-shaped before or during the game. The team brought back Ray Feinga, cut when rosters went to 53 men last week, but it’s safe to say that things are mighty thin up front on offense in Miami.

thunderkyss
09-04-2012, 09:03 PM
The Dolphins announced Garrard’s release on Tuesday afternoon

I feel sorry for Garrard, I always liked him.

CloakNNNdagger
09-04-2012, 09:21 PM
I feel sorry for Garrard, I always liked him.

A real fighter who's gone through hell.

Texan_Bill
09-04-2012, 09:23 PM
A real fighter who's gone through hell.

Hey Doc, doesn't Garrard suffer through Crohn's disease???? That's pretty serious, no??

The Pencil Neck
09-04-2012, 09:47 PM

From what I'm seeing, they're going to be starting a rook at RT.

We have to be able to take advantage of this.

CloakNNNdagger
09-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Hey Doc, doesn't Garrard suffer through Crohn's disease???? That's pretty serious, no??

A terrible disease! A while back, I came across this piece. It will be worth your while.

An NFL Player's Battle with Crohn's (http://www.guideposts.org/celebrities/inspiring-story-nfls-david-garrard-battling-crohns-disease)

Showtime100
09-04-2012, 10:40 PM
After watching the Cougars this weekend I'm skeer'd about my football reality.

Still I think the Texans win a sloppy one 24-13.

CloakNNNdagger
09-04-2012, 10:41 PM
From what I'm seeing, they're going to be starting a rook at RT.

We have to be able to take advantage of this.

Their RT is a rookie LT who never played RT until August. Their only reserve OT is a TE they had to convert. :wadepalm:

DX-TEX
09-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Their RT is a rookie LT who never played RT until August. Their only reserve OT is a TE they had to convert. :wadepalm:

I almost feel bad for Tannehill.

disaacks3
09-04-2012, 11:05 PM
After watching the Cougars this weekend I'm skeer'd about my football reality.

Still I think the Texans win a sloppy one 24-13. If we'd switched coaches and QBs like the Coogs, I might be too. while the right side of the line won't be perfect, we just have too many weapons for a rookie QB w/ no real WR1.

Showtime100
09-04-2012, 11:06 PM
I almost feel bad for Tannehill.

I will Sunday night after a win. For now, not so much. :D

speedfreek
09-05-2012, 07:58 AM
24-10 good guys..

They get 7 because we get careless with the ball on our end of the field. (we sometimes lose focus against easier opponents..)

TJ

Brandon420tx
09-05-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm predicting a shutout by our D. Mostly because it will net me around 30+ points on my fantasy team

Giant Tiger
09-05-2012, 10:06 AM
23-3 Texans... we'll move the ball down the field, but settle for field goals early.

kiwitexansfan
09-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Thought this may add some sort of value to the thread, it came up on google while I was looking for a Dolphin MB to troll.

LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIfbghHdG1s)

Chance_C
09-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Thought this may add some sort of value to the thread, it came up on google while I was looking for a Dolphin MB to troll

Nice!! Now, quick we have to find a Texans' Cheerleader's youtube video!

DX-TEX
09-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Nice!! Now, quick we have to find a Texans' Cheerleader's youtube video!

I got a pic:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/MechDX/texantwins.jpg

Dem twins!

Playoffs
09-05-2012, 02:21 PM
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield
Kubiak said the #Texans will play all 4 WRs (Johnson, Walter, Jean, Martin) vs Miami- best thing for Andre #Texans

DX-TEX
09-05-2012, 02:35 PM
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

Good. You should play your rookies in the 5th preseason game.

CloakNNNdagger
09-05-2012, 02:38 PM
I predict Tannehill doesn't finish the game.....or, at very least, enjoys all those peaceful moments on his back that he will be afforded throughout the game.:texflag:

kiwitexansfan
09-05-2012, 02:53 PM
I predict Tannehill doesn't finish the game.....or, at very least, enjoys all those peaceful moments on his back that he will be afforded throughout the game.:texflag:

I'm hoping the Texans get some good practice demoralizing and mentally scarring rookie QBs so they will be ready for the beatdown of Luck.

Thorn
09-05-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm hoping the Texans get some good practice demoralizing and mentally scarring rookie QBs so they will be ready for the beatdown of Luck.

By the time we face Luck, he'll already be beaten down or else he'll have proven his distracters wrong.

EllisUnit
09-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Thought this may add some sort of value to the thread, it came up on google while I was looking for a Dolphin MB to troll.

LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIfbghHdG1s)

i likes a lot, to bad we arent playing in Miami. I wouldnt cheer the dolphins on but i sure as hell would cheer that on :)

My wife saw me watching it and said u like that huh, i said please this is obvioulsy research for sundays game against the dolphins !!!!

silvrhand
09-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Will the Texans finally put teams away that they should beat? That's the question to find out in this game, put the dolphins away early and never let your foot off their throat.

They just aren't a good team and don't have near the talent, we should be them at least 35-7, 35-10.

Texn4life
09-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Will the Texans finally put teams away that they should beat? That's the question to find out in this game, put the dolphins away early and never let your foot off their throat.

They just aren't a good team and don't have near the talent, we should be them at least 35-7, 35-10.

We did a good job of that when Schaub was healthy last year. The lone exception was Oakland, but they were pretty good until Campbell got hurt. Still a game we should have won though.

The Pencil Neck
09-06-2012, 12:07 AM
We did a good job of that when Schaub was healthy last year. The lone exception was Oakland, but they were pretty good until Campbell got hurt. Still a game we should have won though.

I still place that on Vicker's hands.

Texn4life
09-06-2012, 12:17 AM
I still place that on Vicker's hands.

Yeah, that one hurt. We were down by 8 though when he dropped that pass. We should have never been in that position. Allen played his worse game of the year, Arian dropped some big passes, Jacoby got one catch on 100 targets, and the offense couldn't protect Schaub from a girl scout that day. We played probably our worse game against an emotional team that just lost their owner.

imatexan
09-06-2012, 12:30 AM
Texans 34

Dolphins 17.

Bulls on Parade
09-06-2012, 05:20 AM
Is it barely Thursday? I swear I've slept about 5 total hours this week. Is anybody else having that problem? LOL, I just hope I'm not finally sleeping on gameday. If only today were Sunday!!!!!

kwayshauntay
09-06-2012, 05:48 AM
Jorvorskie Lane looked like a beast this preseason and on Hard Knocks, a proverbial human battering ram.

Curious to see how good he'll look when he goes helmet to helmet against the likes of Cushing and crew, they of the #4 rushing D last season.

In the end, though, it might now matter how big the lanes Jorvorskie opens up for his RB, as Reggie will likely ignore them, while dancing his way sideways, out of bounds.

TejasTom
09-06-2012, 06:35 AM
My wife saw me watching it and said u like that huh, i said please this is obvioulsy research for sundays game against the dolphins !!!!

How'd that work for ya? Can I use that line?

They just aren't a good team and don't have near the talent, we should be them at least 35-7

At halftime.

Is it barely Thursday? I swear I've slept about 5 total hours this week. Is anybody else having that problem? LOL, I just hope I'm not finally sleeping on gameday. If only today were Sunday!!!!!

Yes, but I'll be at the game so no sleeping there.

Hervoyel
09-06-2012, 09:04 AM
My prediction for the game?

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc272/Hervoyel/clubber-pain.jpg

Pain

EllisUnit
09-06-2012, 09:34 AM
How'd that work for ya? Can I use that line?

She said i guess you wont be researching this later (waving her hands over her body) then haha

SheTexan
09-06-2012, 10:34 AM
This will not be a blowout! Kubiak will not allow that. He coaches to hang on to a lead, not put it out of reach. JMO!

KJ will give them a couple six pack, just wait and see.

24-14 Texans

Señor Stan
09-06-2012, 10:45 AM
This will not be a blowout! Kubiak will not allow that. He coaches to hang on to a lead, not put it out of reach. JMO!

24-14 Texans

Given that Mike Sherman is the OC, I think Koobs will get an early lead and then sit on it.

Uprising
09-06-2012, 10:58 AM

24-14 Texans

We had some nice blowouts last season.

35-10 Texans.

EllisUnit
09-06-2012, 11:03 AM

35-10 Texans.

i have to agree, the kubiak of old would just do anything to hold onto a lead, the kubiak of late seems to try to add onto the lead.

Hervoyel
09-06-2012, 11:53 AM

35-10 Texans.

i have to agree, the kubiak of old would just do anything to hold onto a lead, the kubiak of late seems to try to add onto the lead.

I think it's less the "Kubiak of late" and more "Wade of late". Wade's defense does something that Richard Smith's and Frank Bush's defenses never did. They keep giving Kubiak's offense the ball back.

That's eventually going to end up as points with this offense no matter how hard you try to run the clock down with the ground game. Foster & Tate turn those possessions into touchdowns or at least trips into FG range. Wali Lundy, Ahman Green (from the bench), and Samkon Gado turned them into 3 and outs.

Porky
09-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Miami has one chance to win. They will need to combine a dominant running game with a couple of inopportune turnovers that turn into quick points. They'll need to stay close or try to build an early lead off the running game.

Last year's D I would say no chance in hell of this happening. But I've been a little concerned about the run D. Not in panic mode at all because much of it has been against 2nd and 3rd stringers. We've had 3 major run stopping cogs basically out the whole off-season. I'm HOPING that shores it up - but I still have a slight nagging worry about it. Time will tell.

If the Texans can control the Fins running game reasonably well, and can get up by 10 or more early it's Katy bar the door. That's going to force the Aggie to try and move the ball some via air, and I think that plays right into the Texans game plan.

In the end, I see the Texans building a comfortable 17-3 half time lead. They build that to a blowout 27-3 lead early in the 4th....when Wade calls off the dogs, puts in some 2nd stringers and Tannehill leads the Fins to a late score making the final 27-10 Texans.

Texans 5 sacks and mucho hurries on Tannehill, and they hold the Fins to about 220 yards total offense, 150 for Tannehill, and 80 on the ground. Texans have 430 yds total offense. Matt throws for about 250, with the rest split between the backs who are successful throughout.

Go Texans!:texflag:

TexansWillWin12
09-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Texans 31
Dolphins 13

76Texan
09-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Texans 31-6

False Start
09-06-2012, 06:04 PM

I hope so, nursing a pretty sizable lead kind of irritates me. I'm not saying go balls to the wall, but keep the peddle to the metal as much as possible.

CloakNNNdagger
09-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Sherman has lofty goals for this game.:texflag:

When the Dolphins have the ball Sunday, rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who left A&M a year early and was drafted in the first round, will start against a defense that ranked second last season.

“Hopefully, we can keep him out of harm’s way,” Sherman said, “but he has to make good decisions with the ball.”http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/09/storylines-aplenty-when-miami-comes-to-town/

GlassHalfFull
09-07-2012, 07:48 PM
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc138/kdcoughlen/phins.jpg

Stole this one from facebook, but too good not to share.

hradhak
09-09-2012, 10:10 AM
We're going to win. The Dolphins don't have anything that scares me. I wanna see Foster come out if we have the lead (if he plays in the first place). Let Tate and Forsett get the reps.

Texans 24-10