PDA

View Full Version : Troy Nolan now a Dolphin (released)

srrono
09-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

Former #Texans FS Troy Nolan did not clear waivers. Dolphins grabbed him.

Lady.Gaga.3000
09-01-2012, 02:59 PM
All I have to say is Keo couldn't even hang with the backup's backups. Once a scrub always a scrub.

Cjeremy635
09-01-2012, 03:06 PM
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

Former #Texans FS Troy Nolan did not clear waivers. Dolphins grabbed him.

I would have rather had Keo tell the Dolphins how we play D vs Nolan. Keo obviously doesn't know what the hell he's doing out there.

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2012, 03:09 PM
This is probably a playbook move.:kitten:

Playoffs
09-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Good luck to Troy,

as best as his interests don't conflict with our interests.

Thorn
09-01-2012, 04:01 PM
We'll find out soon enough how much the Dolphins like him.

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2012, 09:41 PM
We'll find out soon enough how much the Dolphins like him.

Actually, not until AFTER the game. If after that, he is still there, then they like the info he brought them AND the player.

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2012, 10:03 PM
There were reports that the Texans were trying to make a trade him for an OT. But it was obvious to most teams that he would end up on the waiver.

ArlingtonTexan
09-01-2012, 11:06 PM

Does this actually ever work?

GP
09-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Does this actually ever work?

IMO, the only real time it worked was when the Giants picked up Sage Rosenfels.

The next time we played the Giants, and it was in NY, our offense could do n-o-t-h-i-n-g against the Giants defense. I mean NOTHING. It was like they knew every single thing we were gonna' do.

I sat there, watching the TV, and was like "Sage, you sorry mother-****er you!"

It was patently obvious that the Giants had some really good insight to our tendencies, and I firmly believe that's because Sage dissected us in the Giants film room. Money grubbing whore. Sold our souls for a payday. Glad he got cut by the Vikings. Sorry son of a *****. /rant.

TexanSam
09-02-2012, 01:38 AM

The next time we played the Giants, and it was in NY, our offense could do n-o-t-h-i-n-g against the Giants defense. I mean NOTHING. It was like they knew every single thing we were gonna' do.

It was patently obvious that the Giants had some really good insight to our tendencies, and I firmly believe that's because Sage dissected us in the Giants film room. Money grubbing whore. Sold our souls for a payday. Glad he got cut by the Vikings. Sorry son of a *****. /rant.

It's a business. I can't blame anyone who does it in the NFL. If the Dolphins think Troy Nolan can help them win a game by helping them gameplan for the Texans, then why not do it? With that said, if the Texans lose because Troy Nolan helped create the Dolphins game plan...well maybe he has a future as a coach.

Vinny
09-02-2012, 10:20 AM
It's a business. I can't blame anyone who does it in the NFL. If the Dolphins think Troy Nolan can help them win a game by helping them gameplan for the Texans, then why not do it? With that said, if the Texans lose because Troy Nolan helped create the Dolphins game plan...well maybe he has a future as a coach.yeah, why should those guys be loyal to the team they worked hard for and then was cut....its not like they were fans of the team before they came here.

GP
09-02-2012, 11:00 AM
It's a business. I can't blame anyone who does it in the NFL. If the Dolphins think Troy Nolan can help them win a game by helping them gameplan for the Texans, then why not do it? With that said, if the Texans lose because Troy Nolan helped create the Dolphins game plan...well maybe he has a future as a coach.

I think it's an ethical thing, IMO.

If you sell someone out, knowing that the ONLY reason you've been put on the payroll is to become a snitch, then it shows some bad character.

I wouldn't want my team, the Texans, to do that sort of thing. If we can't beat our opponent without employing a spy who divulges our team's weaknesses to us, then we suck and we don't deserve to win.

I guess there's a lot of shades of gray, but how is the old sign-a-waived-player trick any different than the Patriots filming opponents or a MLB team stealing signals. I just think it's a pretty sleazy thing to do, to grab a guy off the waiver wire for the only purpose of trying to figure out how to beat that guy's former team. It reeks of incompetence, by the team's staff, because they couldn't crack the code on their own. In its final analysis, it's a weak and pathetic statement for the Dolphins to stoop to that level. And they're still going to get their asses handed to them.

Rey
09-02-2012, 12:01 PM
yeah, why should those guys be loyal to the team they worked hard for and then was cut....its not like they were fans of the team before they came here.

Yep. What is he going to say...no?

Thorn
09-02-2012, 01:59 PM
It's one game. Do you guys really think the Dolphins are gonna use up a spot on their active roster to gather info on ONE GAME?

More than likely, Nolan was signed because he was an upgrade over their sorry ass secondary.

TexansSeminole
09-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Talk about thinking way too hard about things.

Troy Nolan is better than most of the secondary players on the Dolphins. That's why he was picked up. Period.

Trust me, the Dolphins are really hurting as far as overall talent on their roster. Maybe more so than any other team in the league.

Texn4life
09-02-2012, 10:36 PM

Sage was with the Giants in 2010-2011. Before that he had last played with the Texans in 2008. He played with the Vikings in between those years in 2009. I seriously doubt the Giants signed him for the one early season game against us. By the way that game was in Houston.

Allstar
09-03-2012, 08:38 PM
@BenVolinPBP:

S Troy Nolan, cut by #Texans Friday & picked up by #Dolphins, said coaches & players have been picking his brain on HOU, the Week 1 opponent.

Anybody think this could cause a few headaches on Sunday?

rolyat93
09-03-2012, 08:42 PM
I think it'll be a non-factor, I doubt he knows much of the offense, and Tanney-Hill couldn't beat the Texans D if Wade showed him every play beforehand.:kitten:

drs23
09-03-2012, 08:43 PM
@BenVolinPBP:

S Troy Nolan, cut by #Texans Friday & picked up by #Dolphins, said coaches & players have been picking his brain on HOU, the Week 1 opponent.

Obviously you didn't get the alert/memo from GP. :D

TexanSam
09-03-2012, 08:43 PM
@BenVolinPBP:

It shouldn't, because the Texans have the better team.

Rey
09-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Slaton went to the Dolphins last year too...

I'm pretty he helped them as much as Nolan will...

steelbtexan
09-04-2012, 12:56 PM
I think it's an ethical thing, IMO.

If you sell someone out, knowing that the ONLY reason you've been put on the payroll is to become a snitch, then it shows some bad character.

I wouldn't want my team, the Texans, to do that sort of thing. If we can't beat our opponent without employing a spy who divulges our team's weaknesses to us, then we suck and we don't deserve to win.

I guess there's a lot of shades of gray, but how is the old sign-a-waived-player trick any different than the Patriots filming opponents or a MLB team stealing signals. I just think it's a pretty sleazy thing to do, to grab a guy off the waiver wire for the only purpose of trying to figure out how to beat that guy's former team. It reeks of incompetence, by the team's staff, because they couldn't crack the code on their own. In its final analysis, it's a weak and pathetic statement for the Dolphins to stoop to that level. And they're still going to get their asses handed to them.

See this is where I differ from some MB members. I would do almost anything including signing jailbirds/spies etc.... if it means the Texans have a better chance of winning and ultimately winning a SB.

Obviously BoB/Rick/Gary agree with these MB members. It's called putting image 1st. Which is why it took a decade to make the playoffs. But image is everything when it comes to business/making $$$$$. And that's what it's really all about. Not that there's anything wrong with that. LOL

End rant/

Dutchrudder
09-04-2012, 03:41 PM
We should re-sign Nolan in week 2 after he's cut, give him a copy of our "playbook" (secretly the vanilla 3-4 defensive playbook), and then cut him a week before the Titans game. Watch Bud and company pick him up and prepare for the wrong stuff, it'll be fun! Wade could even toy with them by reversing a bunch of the presnap signals. Locker would be totally lost and we could get Reed to set the one-day sack record at 8! (not Barwin though, we want him cheap next year...)

HJam72
09-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Frankly, what upsets me about this is that we shouldn't have cut Nolan in the first place and this is the first I've heard of it. Stupid decision. I don't doubt for a second that Miami wanted him for his talent on the field, regardless of us playing them. Will they try to get all the info. from him that they can? Of course, but he's got talent and we just threw it away. I know he wasn't our starter and that's fine, but I don't see anybody who was behind him who's going to play as well, let alone better.

pissknocker
09-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Dolphins just lost their starting RT Artis Hicks for season. The bulls should be runnin boys! Tell Wade to let em loose.

drs23
09-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Dolphins just lost their starting RT Artis Hicks for season. The bulls should be runnin boys! Tell Wade to let em loose.

Bless that poor fool who hasn't been getting starter reps preparing for our front seven. I see the Cush Monster taking the handoffs!

On top of Long having issues it could be a long day for the Phins and a rook QB at Reliant.

:gotexans1

Texan_Bill
09-04-2012, 09:25 PM
I know, right??? I actually kinda liked Nolan, but it is what it is!!

I'm pretty sure he won't provide the Phins enough info to facilitate a Phinz upset this weekend!!

Goldensilence
09-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Frankly, what upsets me about this is that we shouldn't have cut Nolan in the first place and this is the first I've heard of it. Stupid decision. I don't doubt for a second that Miami wanted him for his talent on the field, regardless of us playing them. Will they try to get all the info. from him that they can? Of course, but he's got talent and we just threw it away. I know he wasn't our starter and that's fine, but I don't see anybody who was behind him who's going to play as well, let alone better.

This.

I'm really not sure what what Keo is doing on this roster, other than he's made that list as one of Kubiak's "guys".

ObsiWan
09-08-2012, 10:36 AM

now don't YOU start
:D

Playoffs
09-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Miami Dolphins ‏@MiamiDolphins
Roster Moves | Dolphins have signed S Jonathon Amaya and LB Mike Rivera. OT Ray Feinga and S Troy Nolan have been released.

The Pencil Neck
09-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Roster Moves | Dolphins have signed S Jonathon Amaya and LB Mike Rivera. OT Ray Feinga and S Troy Nolan have been released.

And the plot thickens...

GP
09-25-2012, 08:10 PM

It's OK, none of you have to say "GP, you were right. Just like you said: 'Watch, two weeks after having played us, Nolan will be released.'"

I can hear you all thinking it, so no need to post it. I'm imagining all of you typing it out, giving me rep, so on and so forth.

GP needs a tin foil hat you guys say??? LOL. Whoopsie!

Hope you enjoyed the three weeks of pay, Troy Nolan. Take your 30 pieces of silver and be on your way.

welsh texan
09-25-2012, 08:47 PM
It's OK, none of you have to say "GP, you were right. Just like you said: 'Watch, two weeks after having played us, Nolan will be released.'"

I can hear you all thinking it, so no need to post it. I'm imagining all of you typing it out, giving me rep, so on and so forth.

Hope you enjoyed the three weeks of pay, Troy Nolan. Take your 30 pieces of silver and be on your way.

Probably the guys last meaningful pay check in a career where it took more years of playing through school etc than he got years playing as a pro. Doubt he's earned mega bucks from the game although doubtless he's secured a nice setup in life from it too. Can't really blame a dude for looking after his future, and he was a good servant to the club in his time here to boot. Happy retirement Troy I say. But well done on being correct GP fella

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-25-2012, 11:44 PM
I doubt we even look at him, but do you think we would bring him back.

EllisUnit
09-25-2012, 11:49 PM
I would who do we have behind manning and quinn ? Demps and keo, to me Nolan was a hell of a player who started for us and did great when manning went down. I think he is a damn good safety IMO

redwhiteANDblue
09-25-2012, 11:52 PM
Why did we let him go in the first place?

silentassassin
09-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Why did we let him go in the first place?

Mostly the numbers game. Demps is pretty good when he needs to back up or play in dime. Keo was the popular choice on the out, but I think they kept him mostly because of special teams.

Nolan was just the odd man outl.

HJam72
09-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Don't worry. Whoever plays Miami next will hire him for a few weeks. :)

Dutchrudder
09-26-2012, 09:44 AM

In honor of your Nostradamus-like qualities, I have made you a meme:

http://i.qkme.me/3r2zuy.jpg

Enjoy!

welsh texan
09-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Mostly the numbers game. Demps is pretty good when he needs to back up or play in dime. Keo was the popular choice on the out, but I think they kept him mostly because of special teams.

Nolan was just the odd man outl.

The coaching staff were clearly impressed with Demps and seem quite happy to have him out there, he's seen a lot of the field already, then the fact that Keo has a lot of uses on ST's and i'm pretty sure he's cheaper too (less years=lower league minimum contract?).

Nolan had looked for a looooong time as if he just needed to make that little bit more progression and he'd be a legit backup, but he never seemed to make it, we'd all praise him in pre-season then when we needed him to step up and play some serious minutes we'd be bashing his coverage like mad. A few INT's he made don't make up for getting beat often. Don't really see why we'd want him back.

Demps is flat out better in a system where we use our #3 S quite a bit, and Keo is a good STer who they clearly still see some upside in. Nolan probably wasn't going to improve much.

GP
09-26-2012, 11:27 PM
In honor of your Nostradamus-like qualities, I have made you a meme:

http://i.qkme.me/3r2zuy.jpg

Enjoy!

You didn't personalize it. -250 Rep points for lack of customization.

michaelm
09-27-2012, 01:47 AM
In honor of GP, I will predict that the Titans sign Nolan next.

OR, having successfully planted Nolan on the Dolphins roster to spread misinformation, the Texans re-sign him to their active roster.

One or the other.

:kitten: