PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Texans preview

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 10:28 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview12/team/_/name/hou

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 11:10 AM
I don't understand how they say Caldwell has to pick up a difficult scheme. I meen damn he has been here for awhile, has played in and started his fair share of games so that statement is incorrect. He has been solid

ObsiWan
09-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Not trying to jack your thread but I found it interesting that John Clayton put Schaub in his Elite Dozen (http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview12/story/_/id/8295968/nfl-quarterback-rankings-john-clayton-reveals-2012-hierarchy-signal-callers-part-3).

His rationale is that

An elite quarterback has the ability to throw for 4,000 yards, complete 60 percent of his passes and generate more than 20 points a game.

and that...
....the elite category is reserved for the signal-callers who are good enough to elevate a team into the playoffs. Four of my five healthy elite quarterbacks in the AFC made the playoffs last year. Five of my elite choices in the NFC made the playoffs.

Schaub definitely fits both of those definitions.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Not trying to jack your thread but I found it interesting that John Clayton put Schaub in his Elite Dozen (http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview12/story/_/id/8295968/nfl-quarterback-rankings-john-clayton-reveals-2012-hierarchy-signal-callers-part-3).

His rationale is that

and that...

Schaub definitely fits both of those definitions.

So your saying Schaub is elite to you or that you don't agree with Clayton's rational for Elite status QB's

ObsiWan
09-03-2012, 07:14 AM
So your saying Schaub is elite to you or that you don't agree with Clayton's rational for Elite status QB's

I agree with both those definitions and that Schaub (a fully healthy Schaub that is) is definitely in the top dozen of NFL QBs.
...just to be clear.

Another thing in Clayton's article that I agree with is
In the playoffs, a Joe Flacco can beat a Tom Brady. A Philip Rivers can beat a Peyton Manning. An Eli Manning can beat anyone, as he has proved in beating Brady twice in Super Bowls. For that reason, I didn't want to break up the top quarterbacks into two groups.

This is what keeps Schaub's name out of the upper, upper echelon of the Elite QB Club....
We've seen Schaub go toe-to-toe with Roethlisberger, Brees, and Brady, and not embarrass himself,
BUT just during the regular season. Come playoff time, the best of the best crank up the gain and play at another level. Can/Will Schaub do that? Don't know yet; we have no data. I know we all hope so.

TheMatrix31
09-03-2012, 07:24 AM
I don't think the word "elite" should be used for anyone that isn't a Top 4 or 5 QB.

As I said in the other thread, Schaub is a Top 8-12ish QB. And that's totally fine.

aussie_texan
09-03-2012, 07:35 AM
I don't think the word "elite" should be used for anyone that isn't a Top 4 or 5 QB.

As I said in the other thread, Schaub is a Top 8-12ish QB. And that's totally fine.

:goodpost: