PDA

View Full Version : Roster Cuts

Bleed_Blu_Red
08-31-2012, 11:30 AM
So far Qb Case Keenum has been cut, he should clear waivers and be sent to the PS. Also Lb Shawn Loiseau has been waived he played ok lasnite but doubt that gets him to the PS

Lurvinator11
08-31-2012, 11:34 AM
Jerrell Jackson, AJ Bryant, and Cody Wallace as well.

Bleed_Blu_Red
08-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Lb Dj Bryant has been cut as well I know some people were fans

NastyNate
08-31-2012, 02:12 PM

Damn

drs23
08-31-2012, 02:14 PM

I was and still am. I'm probably wrong but I think he might not clear waivers. He looked dadgum good every time I saw him on the field.

BigBull17
08-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Damn

Not a fan of this cut. Kid had some game.

NastyNate
08-31-2012, 02:25 PM
Not a fan of this cut. Kid had some game.

Yup, and with banged up NT rotation I figured we'd carry 5 DE's with Crick being able to play NT in situational football if Cody or Mitchell goes down. Guess I was way wrong.

76Texan
08-31-2012, 02:32 PM
I was and still am. I'm probably wrong but I think he might not clear waivers. He looked dadgum good every time I saw him on the field.

I really hope he clears waiver.

Bleed_Blu_Red
08-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Full list of players cut well see who makes the PS Hopefully Keenum,Grimes,King

Houston Texans
TE Logan Brock, LB Keith Browner, LB D.J. Bryant, RB Jonathan Grimes, NT David Hunter, WR Juaquin Iglesias, WR Jerrell Jackson, QB Case Keenum, DT Mitch King, LB Shawn Loiseau, WR Jeff Maehl, OT Nathan Menkin, LB Rennie Moore, FB Moran Norris, DB Eddie Pleasant, TE Philip Supernaw, OL Cody Wallace, OT Cody White.

Bleed_Blu_Red
08-31-2012, 02:42 PM
Looks like everybody's favorite Keo made the cut smh!! and Ball and my personal favorite Carmichael. but with McMannis gone he was due to make the cut maybe he will develop.

Grams
08-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Full list of players cut well see who makes the PS Hopefully Keenum,Grimes,King

Houston Texans
TE Logan Brock, LB Keith Browner, LB D.J. Bryant, RB Jonathan Grimes, NT David Hunter, WR Juaquin Iglesias, WR Jerrell Jackson, QB Case Keenum, DT Mitch King, LB Shawn Loiseau, WR Jeff Maehl, OT Nathan Menkin, LB Rennie Moore, FB Moran Norris, DB Eddie Pleasant, TE Philip Supernaw, OL Cody Wallace, OT Cody White.

That's only 18 - don't we need to cut 22 to get to 53?

michaelm
08-31-2012, 03:13 PM
Very disappointing about Grimes. I hope they are able to get him on the practice squad.
I won't be surprised if he ends up on some team's active roster.

Bleed_Blu_Red
08-31-2012, 03:18 PM
That's only 18 - don't we need to cut 22 to get to 53?

Well with Butler going on IR I believe he counts towards the cut. so that makes 3 more cuts to be announced, teams have till 9 pm to finalize rosters so plenty of time I'll update fast as possible unless someone beats me too it

badboy
08-31-2012, 03:21 PM
I was puling for Keenum but he showed me nothing last nite. We need every roster space imo.

Ryan
08-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Bryant and Grimes are the only real surprises, although it seems like Grimes was destined for PS anyway. Forsett solidified his 3rd spot.

JB
08-31-2012, 03:24 PM
They've announced 19 cuts not including Butler or Jerrell Jackson, both of which will probably go on IR

Won't let me post link, but it's from Houston Texans website

Bleed_Blu_Red
08-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Butler does count towards a roster cut. Nt Fangupo was also cut and Olb Delano Johnson that Makes 21 with my list included above so hopefully Shaun Cody is 100% and has no issues

The Pencil Neck
08-31-2012, 03:47 PM
They've announced 19 cuts not including Butler or Jerrell Jackson, both of which will probably go on IR

Won't let me post link, but it's from Houston Texans website

I thought Jerrell Jackson tweeted that he'd been cut?

Hervoyel
08-31-2012, 03:47 PM
How Ball is making this team I will never know.

DBCooper
08-31-2012, 03:52 PM
How Ball is making this team I will never know.

Dude just keeps hanging around.

EllisUnit
08-31-2012, 03:52 PM
why is bryant johnson still taking up roster space ? Dont tell me yall think they will keep 7 WRs.

AJ
Walter
Jean
Martin
Posey
Holliday
Johnson

JB
08-31-2012, 04:00 PM
why is bryant johnson still taking up roster space ? Dont tell me yall think they will keep 7 WRs.

AJ
Walter
Jean
Martin
Posey
Holliday
Johnson

Bryant Johnson was cut earlier and didn't make the 75

JB
08-31-2012, 04:01 PM
I thought Jerrell Jackson tweeted that he'd been cut?

Texans coach Gary Kubiak announced 19 cuts at a 2 p.m. news conference. That leaves room for three more, two of which will likely be accounted for by injured tackle Rashad Butler (triceps) and injured wide receiver Jerrell Jackson (quadriceps).

http://http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Case-Keenum-among-Texans-roster-cuts/b538d1f7-eecd-4a6a-86a6-f0dd082d2bbe

76Texan
08-31-2012, 04:04 PM
Texans coach Gary Kubiak announced 19 cuts at a 2 p.m. news conference. That leaves room for three more, two of which will likely be accounted for by injured tackle Rashad Butler (triceps) and injured wide receiver Jerrell Jackson (quadriceps).

http://http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Case-Keenum-among-Texans-roster-cuts/b538d1f7-eecd-4a6a-86a6-f0dd082d2bbe

There's a possibility that we cut down to fewer than 53.
We did last year.
I can't say exactly why, but I think it gives us the flexibility to make another move more quickly (if we have one in mind).

steelbtexan
08-31-2012, 04:12 PM
There's a possibility that we cut down to fewer than 53.
We did last year.
I can't say exactly why, but I think it gives us the flexibility to make another move more quickly (if we have one in mind).

Hopefully this happen and Keo and Ball are cut and an OT and NT are added in FA.

Dwan Edwards got cut by the Bills today and would be a good addition. IMHO

76Texan
08-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Hopefully this happen and Keo and Ball are cut and an OT and NT are added in FA.

Dwan Edwards got cut by the Bills today and would be a good addition. IMHO

I wouldn't be opposed to signing a NT and/or OT.

But I think Marciano would want at least one of the two (Keo or Ball) for his ST.

Bleed_Blu_Red
08-31-2012, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to signing a NT and/or OT.

But I think Marciano would want at least one of the two (Keo or Ball) for his ST.

Exactly I think we are keeping 52 or 51 to leave are options open for a NT or OT on the waiver wire

EllisUnit
08-31-2012, 10:06 PM
Bryant Johnson was cut earlier and didn't make the 75

hmmm i must have missed that, thnx

Nawzer
08-31-2012, 10:18 PM
Here's the link to the Texans and the rest of the cuts made by the teams. Some of the more familiar names like Jeff Maehl, Eddie Pleasant, Moran Norris, Jonathan Grimes, and Hebron Fangupo have been cut.

http://www.nfl.com/transactions?transactionMonth=8&transactionYear=2012&transactionTeamAbbr=&prevTransactionMonth=0&prevTransactionYear=0&prevTransactionTeamAbbr=

EllisUnit
08-31-2012, 10:18 PM
We cut Nolan and kept Shilo, are you ****ing kidding me. That last pre season game against 3's wasnt enough to cut him.

Instead u cut a guy who has started quite a few games for us and has always played well even against 1's

WTF

steelbtexan
08-31-2012, 10:23 PM
Guess Kubes didn't like Nolan giving up that long TD just before halftime.

That was a dumb play.

TejasTom
08-31-2012, 10:25 PM
We cut Nolan and kept Shilo, are you ****ing kidding me. That last pre season game against 3's wasnt enough to cut him.

Instead u cut a guy who has started quite a few games for us and has always played well even against 1's

WTF

Couldn't have said it better.

EllisUnit
08-31-2012, 10:30 PM

That was a dumb play.

agree, BUT did you not see Shilo ? What has Shilo done in the regular season, if he cant hang with 3's he sure as hell wont hang with 1's.

We have seen Nolan, the kid can play. Bad Bad choice, i would like to know what they were thinking when they chose shilo over nolan.

76Texan
08-31-2012, 10:32 PM
Well, that was a surprise.

76Texan
08-31-2012, 10:36 PM

That was a dumb play.

I think it has got to be more than that.

Maybe Nolan didn't respond to the coaches' criticsim too well?

The Pencil Neck
08-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Oh, wow.

Sage Rosenfels got cut.

Atogwe was cut. Some of us wanted him a couple of years ago.

The Bears cut Xavier Adibi. :(

Owusu-Ansah got cut. Several of us wanted to draft him not so long ago.

Nick Toon, a guy some of us wanted more than Posey, placed on IR.

Malcolm Sheppard got cut from the Titans. Man. Remember when he was with us not so long ago? lol

7-11, Always Open Hogen got cut.

The Cush
08-31-2012, 10:43 PM
I think it has got to be more than that.

Maybe Nolan didn't respond to the coaches' criticsim too well?

Well Shiloh must be a champ at responding to criticism because he is probably one of the worst players in the NFL. The guy needs to turn into an All-Pro special teamer to warrant a spot on anyone's 53 man roster.

Bleed_Blu_Red
08-31-2012, 10:47 PM
Well Shiloh must be a champ at responding to criticism because he is probably one of the worst players in the NFL. The guy needs to turn into an All-Pro special teamer to warrant a spot on anyone's 53 man roster.

There was once a guy named Faggins on the Texans squad and Keo is damn sure better then him

Lurvinator11
08-31-2012, 11:09 PM

Fwiw, I got Keo up to an 86 overall rating in my madden game :kitten:

utahmark
08-31-2012, 11:56 PM
There was once a guy named Faggins on the Texans squad and Keo is damn sure better then him

No he is not.

SteveSlaton20
09-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Holy. *********. Sh*t.

Shiloh Keo over Troy Nolan.

Wow.

This is one of those "We've just made a huge mistake" moment.

Wow. Just freaking great.

Wolf6151
09-01-2012, 12:12 AM

WTF

My sentiments exactly. :toropalm:

steelbtexan
09-01-2012, 12:16 AM
agree, BUT did you not see Shilo ? What has Shilo done in the regular season, if he cant hang with 3's he sure as hell wont hang with 1's.

We have seen Nolan, the kid can play. Bad Bad choice, i would like to know what they were thinking when they chose shilo over nolan.

I saw how bad Keo stinks. (Really bad)

If I were running the team Keo would've been cut last yr.

The only plausible explanation is coach Joe wanted Keo over Nolan for ST's.

The Pencil Neck
09-01-2012, 12:28 AM
I saw how bad Keo stinks. (Really bad)

If I were running the team Keo would've been cut last yr.

The only plausible explanation is coach Joe wanted Keo over Nolan for ST's.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Rey
09-01-2012, 06:42 AM
Keo over pleasant to me is just as bad as keo over Nolan.

wolf123
09-01-2012, 07:50 AM

This!! Pleasant was very good and would of been a monster on special teams.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 09:22 AM
No he is not.

If you think Faggins is better then Keo your trippin

GlassHalfFull
09-01-2012, 09:24 AM

Pleasant was the one cut that really surprised me. I hope he can clear waivers and make it to the practice squad.

ObsiWan
09-01-2012, 09:31 AM
ESPN has this as our latest cut listing. The ones I've bolded are who I hope make the P/S...

Released...
QB Case Keenum,
FB Moran Norris,
WR Juaquin Iglesias,
RB Jonathan Grimes,
S Eddie Pleasant,
TE Logan Brock,
DE Keith Browner,
LB D.J. Bryant,
NT Hebron Fangupo,
DE David Hunter,
LB Delano Johnson,
DE Mitch King,
LB Shawn Loiseau,
WR Jeff Maehl,
OT Nathan Menkin,
LB Rennie Moore,
TE Phillip Supernaw,
C Cody Wallace and
G Cody White.

GlassHalfFull
09-01-2012, 09:33 AM
ESPN has this as our latest cut listing. The ones I've bolded are who I hope make the P/S...

Released...
QB Case Keenum,
FB Moran Norris,
WR Juaquin Iglesias,
RB Jonathan Grimes,
S Eddie Pleasant,
TE Logan Brock,
DE Keith Browner,
LB D.J. Bryant,
NT Hebron Fangupo,
DE David Hunter,
LB Delano Johnson,
DE Mitch King,
LB Shawn Loiseau,
WR Jeff Maehl,
OT Nathan Menkin,
LB Rennie Moore,
TE Phillip Supernaw,
C Cody Wallace and
G Cody White.

I would bold Shawn Loiseau also. but mainly cause he has plenty of vowels to spare in his last name and because I felt for him after hearing his story.

rmartin65
09-01-2012, 09:36 AM
I'm hoping our PS consists of

QB Case Keenum
RB Jonathon Grimes
RB Davin Meggett
OLB DJ Bryant
ILB Shawn Loiseau
NT Hebron Fangupo
SS Eddie Pleasant
OLB Delano Johnson

However, I definitely would not be surprised to see an OL or two on there.

EllisUnit
09-01-2012, 09:36 AM

Not even close, i would take Faggins now anyday over Shilo.

ObsiWan
09-01-2012, 09:37 AM
I would bold Shawn Loiseau also. but mainly cause he has plenty of vowels to spare in his last name and because I felt for him after hearing his story.

Good catch. I knew I missed somebody.

Lucky
09-01-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm pretty sure Supernaw will make the practice squad.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 09:40 AM

Hahaha ok go ahead and take Anthony Weaver as well smh

ObsiWan
09-01-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm hoping our PS consists of

QB Case Keenum
RB Jonathon Grimes
RB Davin Meggett
OLB DJ Bryant
ILB Shawn Loiseau
NT Hebron Fangupo
SS Eddie Pleasant
OLB Delano Johnson

However, I definitely would not be surprised to see an OL or two on there.

Why Meggett? Not disagreeing, just curious as to why another RB and no O-linemen...?

ObsiWan
09-01-2012, 09:43 AM

After watching them during T/C, I couldn't distinguish Logan from Supernaw. I mean, neither of them stood out over the other. Both seemed to be more blocking TEs as opposed to receiving threats.

rmartin65
09-01-2012, 09:45 AM

Or Brock. I do think it is likely a TE makes it. Carrying 2.5 has to be driving Kubes crazy. He has to get his fix somewhere.

Why Meggett? Not disagreeing, just curious as to why another RB and no O-linemen...?

I think Meggett has a ton of potential, and I am not the only one (BL and 76 are also pretty big fans. At least, they were during the summer). He did not see a lot of playing time in pre-season, but he had a couple nice runs. He is worth keeping for a season to see if he can develop further.

As for the OL- I am just not impressed with any of the young guys that got cut. Ideally there would be one or two that make it, but I did not see anything in the young guys that made me think they could play on Sundays. The 8 guys I picked I think have that shot.

ObsiWan
09-01-2012, 09:46 AM

Faggins was a CB not a safety.
Since when does Keo play CB??

man... think how far we've come... I doubt Faggins could make this club now, let alone be our #2 CB.

The Pencil Neck
09-01-2012, 09:48 AM

Released...
QB Case Keenum,
FB Moran Norris,
WR Juaquin Iglesias,
RB Jonathan Grimes,
S Eddie Pleasant,
TE Logan Brock,
DE Keith Browner,
LB D.J. Bryant,
NT Hebron Fangupo,
DE David Hunter,
LB Delano Johnson,
DE Mitch King,
LB Shawn Loiseau,
WR Jeff Maehl,
OT Nathan Menkin,
LB Rennie Moore,
TE Phillip Supernaw,
C Cody Wallace and
G Cody White.

I bolded every guy I'd like on the PS and I've got 1 too many.

:kubepalm:

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Faggins was a CB not a safety.
Since when does Keo play CB??

man... think how far we've come... I doubt Faggins could make this club now, let alone be our #2 CB.

Thank you. I was referring to secondary personal in general and we got Keo so be it's not the end of the super bowl run smh. That's why I said he isn't as bad as Faggins, then people want to say Keo is worse then Faggins come on like you said he wouldn't even make the sqaud

Lucky
09-01-2012, 09:51 AM
After watching them during T/C, I couldn't distinguish Logan from Supernaw. I mean, neither of them stood out over the other. Both seemed to be more blocking TEs as opposed to receiving threats.
Which with Daniels, Graham, and Casey is what the Texans may need down the road. Also, the Skins cut a blocking TE, Richard Quinn, who may interest the Texans.

EllisUnit
09-01-2012, 02:32 PM
Hahaha ok go ahead and take Anthony Weaver as well smh

Your telling me Shilo is a better and more Athletic safety than Nolan ? Anthony Weaver, WTH does that even have to do with any thing in this thread ?

You keep the better players. We are talking about Shilo VS Nolan, can i ask what the hell Anthony weaver has to do with any of this ?

Dude Faggins may have sucked in coverage, but Shilo sucks in coverage and has no speed. Faggins did have a pick 6, what has Shilo done besides get beaten by some 3rd stringers ?

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Your telling me Shilo is a better and more Athletic safety than Nolan ? Anthony Weaver, WTH does that even have to do with any thing in this thread ?

You keep the better players. We are talking about Shilo VS Nolan, can i ask what the hell Anthony weaver has to do with any of this ?

Dude Faggins may have sucked in coverage, but Shilo sucks in coverage and has no speed. Faggins did have a pick 6, what has Shilo done besides get beaten by some 3rd stringers ?

If you read the post when the **** did I ever say Keo was better then Nolan? Anthony weaver sucked so did Faggins Keo is better then both of them you said you would take Faggins over Keo which is ridiculous so case and point you can have Anthony Weaver as well they both Trash. According to you,you prefer trash players example Faggins over Keo. Faggins had a pick 6 hahahaha and he played how many yrs in the league? Keo isn't on the team to be a starter Faggins was we kept Keo for ST and to occasionally give someone a blow Come on man your argument is pointless.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 02:49 PM
We aren't Rick Smith or Bob McNair, So whoever you think is better or should stay doesn't matter they make the decisions. Nolan is gone period get over it and move on Like I said before It doesn't affect are Superbowl run enough said Next Man Up.

Lucky
09-01-2012, 03:07 PM
...Come on man your argument is pointless.
There's a lot of that going around.

infantrycak
09-01-2012, 03:13 PM
If you read the post when the **** did I ever say Keo was better then Nolan? Anthony weaver sucked so did Faggins Keo is better then both of them you said you would take Faggins over Keo which is ridiculous so case and point you can have Anthony Weaver as well they both Trash. According to you,you prefer trash players example Faggins over Keo. Faggins had a pick 6 hahahaha and he played how many yrs in the league? Keo isn't on the team to be a starter Faggins was we kept Keo for ST and to occasionally give someone a blow Come on man your argument is pointless.

I'm not going to get into the Keo v. Nolan debate as I don't think either will ever be anything but injury starters in the NFL.

I think you are way over playing your hand on Anthony Weaver. The idea Keo is better than him is absurd. Weaver was a starter from day one of his seven year career the first four on the excellent Baltimore defense. He was the top DT/3-4 DE free agent when Houston acquired him.

Playoffs
09-01-2012, 03:21 PM
Alan Burge ‏@AlanBurge
Tampa claimed Cody Wallace off waivers #texans #aggies
:yikes:

EllisUnit
09-01-2012, 03:26 PM

u think Shilo is better/more Athletic than Nolan. AND I WOULD TAKE FAGGINS OVER KEO !!!! Wow, and no i dont prefer trash players over good. Just funny how i say that Nolan is better than Shilo, and suddenly u throw Faggins and Weaver in.

Dude really Shilo is one of the least qualified safties in the NFL. Nolan is a way better safety than Shilo will ever be. Reason he was picked up so quickly. This choice by the FO was one i will be scratching my head over awhile.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm not going to get into the Keo v. Nolan debate as I don't think either will ever be anything but injury starters in the NFL.

I think you are way over playing your hand on Anthony Weaver. The idea Keo is better than him is absurd. Weaver was a starter from day one of his seven year career the first four on the excellent Baltimore defense. He was the top DT/3-4 DE free agent when Houston acquired him.

Really that's why Weaver had one sack with the Texans right? On Baltimore come on they had Ray Lewis,Ed Reed,Terrell Suggs,Chris McCalister,Kelly Gregg,Adalius Thomas,Maake Kemoeatu what did Weaver have to do,but get sacks and tackles off the people around him. Commanding all the attention case and point one sack for the Texans and Coaching plays a huge part as well Rex Ryan and Marvin Lewis calling the D Come on I'm done with this debate.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 03:33 PM
u think Shilo is better/more Athletic than Nolan. AND I WOULD TAKE FAGGINS OVER KEO !!!! Wow, and no i dont prefer trash players over good. Just funny how i say that Nolan is better than Shilo, and suddenly u throw Faggins and Weaver in.

Dude really Shilo is one of the least qualified safties in the NFL. Nolan is a way better safety than Shilo will ever be. Reason he was picked up so quickly. This choice by the FO was one i will be scratching my head over awhile.

Your ridiculous just stop already never did I say I prefer Keo over Nolan so get your facts straight before opening your mouth about me saying this or that.

EllisUnit
09-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Your ridiculous just stop already never did I say I prefer Keo over Nolan so get your facts straight before opening your mouth about me saying this or that.

Well then why in the hell did you start arguing with me ??? My whole point has been Nolan is better than Shilo. Dont quote me and disagree if you dont want a debate. Simple

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 03:37 PM

Like I said go read the post never did I refer to you saying anything Cush said Keo is the worst then I said no Faggins is then you wanted to throw your two cents in when nobody was even replying to your comment at the time you responded to mine ridiculous smh

EllisUnit
09-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Like I said go read the post never did I refer to you saying anything Cush said Keo is the worst then I said no Faggins is then you wanted to throw your two cents in when nobody was even replying to your comment at the time smh

We can agree to disagree, nolan is better than Shilo, Faggins is better than Shilo, hell i think him and Matt stevens and shilo are a pretty good comparison.

Either way we have who we have, just hoping that Keo NEVER has to be depended on especially when it matters.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 03:46 PM
We can agree to disagree, nolan is better than Shilo, Faggins is better than Shilo, hell i think him and Matt stevens and shilo are a pretty good comparison.

Either way we have who we have, just hoping that Keo NEVER has to be depended on especially when it matters.

Exactly My point we are stuck with Keo so o well I'm sure you will be cheering for the Texans next Sunday as will I

EllisUnit
09-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Exactly My point we are stuck with Keo so o well I'm sure you will be cheering for the Texans next Sunday as will I

of course i will :), and it cant get here soon enough.

infantrycak
09-01-2012, 03:47 PM
Really that's why Weaver had one sack with the Texans right? On Baltimore come on they had Ray Lewis,Ed Reed,Terrell Suggs,Chris McCalister,Kelly Gregg,Adalius Thomas,Maake Kemoeatu what did Weaver have to do,but get sacks and tackles off the people around him. Commanding all the attention case and point one sack for the Texans and Coaching plays a huge part as well Rex Ryan and Marvin Lewis calling the D Come on I'm done with this debate.

You were done with this debate when you made the ridiculous assertion about Weaver. If Weaver was such slag he would have been easily replaced in Baltimore. Instead those coaches you want to somehow give so much credit started him. I'll trust their judgment and my eyes on both Weaver and Keo. Keo got torched by 3rd stringers the other night. Keo will never start in the NFL except as an emergency injury replacement.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 03:52 PM
You were done with this debate when you made the ridiculous assertion about Weaver. If Weaver was such slag he would have been easily replaced in Baltimore. Instead those coaches you want to somehow give so much credit started him. I'll trust their judgment and my eyes on both Weaver and Keo. Keo got torched by 3rd stringers the other night. Keo will never start in the NFL except as an emergency injury replacement.

Ok cus players are easly replaceable that's why the texans got stuck with Travis Johnson for years right and how about David Carr or maybe CC Brown come on the hell with Weaver like I said look at the personal he played with and scheme that's why he was trash here period

Playoffs
09-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Ok cus players are easly replaceable that's why the texans got stuck with Travis Johnson for years right and how about David Carr or maybe CC Brown come on the hell with Weaver like I said look at the personal he played with and scheme that's why he was trash here periodA good idea. Perhaps two or three.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 04:38 PM
A good idea. Perhaps two or three.

Round of applause!!! Smh

Bulls on Parade
09-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Shiloh Keo out-played Troy Nolan this pre-season and definitely earned his spot on the team. I feel bad because Nolan played some good football in the past, but from what I watched in camp he just wasn't performing as well as the younger guys. If Nolan felt his job was secure he was sadly mistaken.

ObsiWan
09-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Thank you. I was referring to secondary personal in general and we got Keo so be it's not the end of the super bowl run smh. That's why I said he isn't as bad as Faggins, then people want to say Keo is worse then Faggins come on like you said he wouldn't even make the sqaud

Just to be clear, I meant that I seriously doubt that Faggins could make this team at CB; let alone be our #2 CB as he once was.

And for the record, I'm not convinced Keo should have made the squad. But, he's still here, so Coach Marciano must like him.

pirbroke
09-01-2012, 05:21 PM
So with Ryan Harris on team who left?

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Just to be clear, I meant that I seriously doubt that Faggins could make this team at CB; let alone be our #2 CB as he once was.

And for the record, I'm not convinced Keo should have made the squad. But, he's still here, so Coach Marciano must like him.

I know exactly I'm not a huge Keo fan either,but he is here so o well. Ask for Faggins that's what I was saying as well. He couldn't make the team with the roster we have now and he was never good to begin with.

The Pencil Neck
09-01-2012, 05:30 PM
So with Ryan Harris on team who left?

Shelley Smith.

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm not getting this Keo thing at all. I don't remember him having any experience at DB until he got torched. Is this an example of a supposed STer needing a place to play to be of "value"? With our need on the lines, I'm not sure he doesn't disappear early in the season.

EllisUnit
09-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Not here to agrue but you DONT get stuck with a players. CC brown showed promise and they gave him a chance to develop, he never did. David Carr well They simply held onto him to long HOPING he would pan out, he didnt. Travis Johnson same as Carr.

You dont get stuck with these guys managment makes bad choices on these guys and decides to keep them as i feel they have done with Keo.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Not here to agrue but you DONT get stuck with a players. CC brown showed promise and they gave him a chance to develop, he never did. David Carr well They simply held onto him to long HOPING he would pan out, he didnt. Travis Johnson same as Carr.

You dont get stuck with these guys managment makes bad choices on these guys and decides to keep them as i feel they have done with Keo.

Agree, on all three but sometimes you are stuck with guys due to contracts being to high to trade, drafting someone and wanting to give them a chance to develop even if it is not the right decision, also some coaches have there preference of player no matter how bad he plays or how much better another player is. Example Ball making the team and Keo over Nolan, in the end the team had there reasons for keeping Keo over Nolan if anything we still have Pleasant on the PS if need be.

ObsiWan
09-01-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm not getting this Keo thing at all. I don't remember him having any experience at DB until he got torched. Is this an example of a supposed STer needing a place to play to be of "value"? With our need on the lines, I'm not sure he doesn't disappear early in the season.

It wouldn't surprise me either if he gets cut in favor of an O-line prospect.

And if I were Rick Smith I'd be on the phones dangling J. Forsett out there as trade bait for a backup tackle of equal quality. ...especially with Grimes and Meggett available to step in at #3 RB.

Lucky
09-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Smh
Why is it necessary for half the posts on this forum to include the "smh" acronym?
Are the majority of our members teenaged textoholic girls? This is so played.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Why is it necessary for half the posts on this forum to include the "smh" acronym?

Why is it necessary for you to point that out. when your just picking at something to start a argument.

infantrycak
09-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Why is it necessary for you to point that out. when your just picking at something to start a argument.

Why is it necessary for people to start questions with why is it necessary? - something else which is played out.

Clearly there is no necessity to it, it's his opinion. One which I share. Text slang is over used and childish.

No argument is intended. That's our opinion.

PapaL
09-01-2012, 10:20 PM
So...how about them Texans?

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Why is it necessary for people to start questions with why is it necessary? - something else which is played out.

Clearly there is no necessity to it, it's his opinion. One which I share. Text slang is over used and childish.

No argument is intended. That's our opinion.

Round of applause. Want a cookie I'm glad you feel so strong on the Internet. I'm over it hope you do the same.

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 10:24 PM
So...how about them Texans?

Ya how bought them Texans. Seems like people want to just pick at meening less things today o well.

Cjeremy635
09-01-2012, 10:29 PM

I've seen "smh" on here before. What the hell does it mean? If it's not "lol" or "lmao", I have no idea what they're saying. :foottap:

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 10:32 PM
I've seen "smh" on here before. What the hell does it mean? If it's not "lol" or "lmao", I have no idea what they're saying. :foottap:

Shake my head. People use it but guess today people just decided to pick an issue/voice there opinion on it.

Cjeremy635
09-01-2012, 10:36 PM
Shake my head. People use it but guess today people just decided to pick an issue/voice there opinion on it.

Well, atleast it doesn't stand for "squeeze my hard on".....cause that would have been one weird ass thing for you to post in a thread about roster cuts.

:whip:

Bleed_Blu_Red
09-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Well, atleast it doesn't stand for "squeeze my hard on".....cause that would have been one weird ass thing for you to post in a thread about roster cuts.

:whip:

Good one you made a funny.

ObsiWan
09-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Man...
next Sunday, noon, cannot come soon enough.
We're getting
:specnatz:
antsy

ObsiWan
09-01-2012, 10:48 PM

SMH = shaking my head

It's the texting equivalent of
:facepalm: or
:hankpalm: or
:toropalm:

....among others.

The Pencil Neck
09-01-2012, 10:55 PM
SMH = shaking my head

It's the texting equivalent of
:facepalm: or
:hankpalm: or
:toropalm:

....among others.

I always thought it was "Slap My Head", like in to do a facepalm.

But.

OK.

PapaL
09-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Some people need to just hurry up and bleed already. Sheesh. Hahaha.

Can't express any opinion unless you're an Internet certified Subject Matter Expert on Internet lingo and or QBs today.

SMFH

GP
09-02-2012, 12:19 AM
I don't think I've ever had this level of dislike for a Texans player.

It feels like Keo is some sort of Finnegan on my own team. He just finds a way to piss me off by virtue of his existence in the NFL.

I think he's been sent here to destroy us from within.

Rey
09-02-2012, 12:30 AM
I don't think I've ever had this level of dislike for a Texans player.

It feels like Keo is some sort of Finnegan on my own team. He just finds a way to piss me off by virtue of his existence in the NFL.

I think he's been sent here to destroy us from within.

Someone in another thread said something about demps being next in line if Quinn left. I disagreed with that, but obviously I was wrong. I thought Nolan would get first dibs.

But I say that to say this - maybe this is more about Demps than keo. Maybe they feel like he has more of a chance to have a future with the team and would have been playing more than Nolan as the third safety anyways.

Since keo has been a decent special teams player he got the edge. Younger and can return and cover kicks. If he doesn't quite cut it, bring up pleasant.

They had to have had a good reason to keep keo in the wake of him sucking. That's what I hope at least.

The Pencil Neck
09-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Think back all the way to the Combine a couple of years ago. Deion Sanders LOVED Shiloh Keo and "put his name" on him even as he recognized that Keo didn't have great speed.

Then think back to last year's draft. This coaching staff was very excited about getting Keo where they got him. They gushed about him. They obviously thought they'd gotten one of the steals of the draft with him.

Most of us were pretty excited.

And then we see him last preseason, in some games last year, and then finally in preseason this year... and he sucks. As someone said in another thread, he's slow but he makes up for it by taking bad angles.

I think Keo gets the ire of the fans because we were sold a bill of goods on this guy that don't match up to what we see on the field. Wade and Vance obviously see something in this kid. But I'll be damned if I do.

At least we've got Pleasant on the PS and if Keo sucks as bad as I expect him to, we've got that option. I just hope Keo doesn't cost us a couple of games before we put an end to this experiment.

And the same goes for Ball, btw.

CloakNNNdagger
09-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Here's a short interview with Keo. He has evidently purposely slimmed down from last year, supposedly making him somewhat quicker and faster. We'll just have to see what the coaches are thinking, or if he quickly get kicked by to PS or out of here.

http://www.stateofthetexans.com/?p=6792 (http://www.stateofthetexans.com/?p=6792)

CloakNNNdagger
09-02-2012, 07:41 AM
I just had a thought, not that it's a good reason, why Keo was chosen over Nolan. If I remember correctly, Nolan never played ST, did he? And we all know how the Texans feel about that.

TejasTom
09-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Keo and Ball are on the team to draw criticism away from Kareem Jackson.

drs23
09-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Ya how bought them Texans. Seems like people want to just pick at meening less things today o well.

I wanna know who (how) bought them Texans. Hell, I didn't even know they were on the block. Shaking My Hardon. :D

GP
09-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Think back all the way to the Combine a couple of years ago. Deion Sanders LOVED Shiloh Keo and "put his name" on him even as he recognized that Keo didn't have great speed.

Then think back to last year's draft. This coaching staff was very excited about getting Keo where they got him. They gushed about him. They obviously thought they'd gotten one of the steals of the draft with him.

Most of us were pretty excited.

And then we see him last preseason, in some games last year, and then finally in preseason this year... and he sucks. As someone said in another thread, he's slow but he makes up for it by taking bad angles.

I think Keo gets the ire of the fans because we were sold a bill of goods on this guy that don't match up to what we see on the field. Wade and Vance obviously see something in this kid. But I'll be damned if I do.

At least we've got Pleasant on the PS and if Keo sucks as bad as I expect him to, we've got that option. I just hope Keo doesn't cost us a couple of games before we put an end to this experiment.

And the same goes for Ball, btw.

Someone in another thread said something about demps being next in line if Quinn left. I disagreed with that, but obviously I was wrong. I thought Nolan would get first dibs.

But I say that to say this - maybe this is more about Demps than keo. Maybe they feel like he has more of a chance to have a future with the team and would have been playing more than Nolan as the third safety anyways.

Since keo has been a decent special teams player he got the edge. Younger and can return and cover kicks. If he doesn't quite cut it, bring up pleasant.

They had to have had a good reason to keep keo in the wake of him sucking. That's what I hope at least.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t128/gpshafer_1976/sunshine.jpg

I suppose you're thinking we'll play the routine Texans sunshine-pumping game with Keo as the main playing piece? Neither of you guys' thoughts on this subject are very comforting. He is who we think he is. I watched the final preseason game and Keo was sucking stinky ass against 3rd stringers.

I suppose MAYBE if he never sees the field as Safety, then he's tolerable. Someone was saying his best role is in a nickel or a dime package or some such thing...(sigh).

He's just one of those fringe defensive players that hangs on somehow, year after year. It's his low salary, his ST abilities, and minimal role in the defensive backfield...but he's nowhere near a guy you'd want out there trying to play straight up against ANYBODY.

infantrycak
09-02-2012, 04:51 PM
I could understand if he looked like Bill Bates (for whom the ST spot in the pro bowl was created) on ST but he doesn't.

Lucky
09-02-2012, 06:40 PM
...If I remember correctly, Nolan never played ST, did he?
I think I remember Nolan once getting an illegal block penalty that took back a long Jacoby return.

Things can't be that bad if the big discussion is regarding who should be the 4th safety.

CloakNNNdagger
09-02-2012, 07:19 PM
I think I remember Nolan once getting an illegal block penalty that took back a long Jacoby return.

Things can't be that bad if the big discussion is regarding who should be the 4th safety.

It may be bothering you that much but it's had an noticeable effect on some others........

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/1238408638_superman_drinking_.gif

ObsiWan
09-02-2012, 07:24 PM
It may be bothering you that much but it's had an noticeable effect on some others........

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/1238408638_superman_drinking_.gif

Two questions:
1. Where does one obtain a never-emptying bottle o' booze?
2. Does it HAVE to be Johnnie Walker? :(

drs23
09-02-2012, 07:50 PM

Oh Lucky, it's bad, real bad.

Not only is (well, was, before Nolan got dusted) this team so stacked from top to bottom that Kubiak was lamenting over the cuts to be made in the D backfield weeks ago, now one is a one week spy hire . Nolan's now on the Phin's roster to wreck our opening day. That suave move by those wiley Phins is just blatant espionage. When's the NFL gonna put a stop to this? Without him on their roster how could they ever get off the snide agi'n us? OK, I think I've figured it out. Gotta be with that QB who had 18 starts in his whole collegiate career, a gimp left tackle, shoulda been 1st overall draft pick and no legit receiving threat. Yup, we're toast.

There's more but gotta finish the BBQ. Mama's already made two passes by to see what the hell I'm doing. :D

CloakNNNdagger
09-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Two questions:
1. Where does one obtain a never-emptying bottle o' booze?
2. Does it HAVE to be Johnnie Walker? :(

Spec's, for a limited time only is offering a special on a "never-emptying bottle o' booze"......50% off for Johnnie Walker and 20% off for limp ass substitutes. For an extra 19.95 (plus handling) you will receive a coupon for 75% off a liver transplant at the shopping center clinic of your choice...........and if you rush down there in the next 2 hours, they will double your offer........just add handling and liability costs..............and be prepared to bring your own surgeon and friend for the 2nd transplant.

TejasTom
09-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Two questions:(

Oh Lucky, it's bad, real bad.

Spec's, for a limited time only is offering a special on a "never-emptying bottle o' booze"...

MSR for all 3 of you.

ObsiWan
09-02-2012, 11:23 PM
Spec's, for a limited time only is offering a special on a "never-emptying bottle o' booze"......50% off for Johnnie Walker and 20% off for limp ass substitutes. For an extra 19.95 (plus handling) you will receive a coupon for 75% off a liver transplant at the shopping center clinic of your choice...........and if you rush down there in the next 2 hours, they will double your offer........just add handling and liability costs..............and be prepared to bring your own surgeon and friend for the 2nd transplant.

I was hoping for a special on non-limp ass substitutes like Gentleman Jack or Maker's Mark or McCallan's 18 yr old (if I have to drink scotch). If I'm gonna run thru several livers :shots:, I don't want to rust my pipes in the process.
:party:

Edit:
...you DO know some discount liver surgeons, right, Doc?
:D

CloakNNNdagger
09-03-2012, 02:58 PM
I was hoping for a special on non-limp ass substitutes like Gentleman Jack or Maker's Mark or McCallan's 18 yr old (if I have to drink scotch). If I'm gonna run thru several livers :shots:, I don't want to rust my pipes in the process.
:party:

Edit:
...you DO know some discount liver surgeons, right, Doc?
:D

I have a friend.......a women's tailor......who said that he would be willing to try........:turtle: