PDA

View Full Version : Who Gets Cut?

Lurvinator11
08-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Alright fans, Preseason is done. We will know by tomorrow who stays and who goes, but who do you think is getting cut? Who did you like? Leave responses below!!

Cjeremy635
08-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Keo. Don't even let the dude use the showers.

srrono
08-30-2012, 10:36 PM

Yes Pleasent over Keo all day

Bleed_Blu_Red
08-30-2012, 10:37 PM

You cold Brotha hahaha but agreed

TheIronDuke
08-30-2012, 10:39 PM
No mo Keo.

SAMURAITEXAN
08-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Yes Pleasent over Keo all day

Yep. Pleasant looked a lot better than Keo.

b0ng
08-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Keo, Mario Louis, Jeff Maehle, Grimes ( :( P-squad), Keenum (P-squad), Browner, Bryant (P-squad), Fanguopo (P-squad), Moore, Hunter, Loiseau, Carmichael (P-squad maybe), Nading, King, Iglesias, Jackson, Wallace, Brock, Bryant Johnson, Delano Johnson, Menkin, White

The Pencil Neck
08-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Keo's gone. I hope Ball's gone.

Case and Grimes to the PS.

The Pencil Neck
08-30-2012, 10:55 PM
Keo, Mario Louis, Jeff Maehle, Grimes ( :( P-squad), Keenum (P-squad), Browner, Bryant (P-squad), Fanguopo (P-squad), Moore, Hunter, Pleasant, Carmichael (P-squad maybe), Nading, King, Iglesias, Jackson, Wallace, Brock, Bryant Johnson, Delano Johnson, Menkin, White

I think Pleasant and Carmichael make it.

I think Shelley Smith gets cut because Ben Jones showed he can play guard and center.

phantom17
08-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Keo should be kut.....tonight! Ball also asap!:foottap:

b0ng
08-30-2012, 10:56 PM
I think Pleasant and Carmichael make it.

I think Shelley Smith gets cut because Ben Jones showed he can play guard and center.

Changed out Pleasant for Loiseau, I could see Smith getting cut over Carmichael. These are my guesses though.

The Pencil Neck
08-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Changed out Pleasant for Loiseau, I could see Smith getting cut over Carmichael. These are my guesses though.

Oh, no. You did a great job.

Hervoyel
08-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Keo & Ball are necessities. You have to cut them. I think Iglesias and Maehl go that's obvious.

b0ng
08-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Oh, no. You did a great job.

After reading about Butler's injury, I think Menkin has a good shot of staying. Probably going to be one or two OT's on the practice squad.

The Pencil Neck
08-30-2012, 11:24 PM
After reading about Butler's injury, I think Menkin has a good shot of staying. Probably going to be one or two OT's on the practice squad.

I'm not sure if Menkin makes it or not. They played Gardner on the right side for a good portion of the night and Gardner HAD been playing LT. So I think they're grooming him for Swing tackle. I don't know if they go 4 tackles or not.

They also played Ben Jones at both C and G. And I thought he looked really good at G. I think that versatility is going to make it hard to make the team as a lineman. Especially with Holliday stepping up.

Vinny
08-30-2012, 11:26 PM
I was dogging Keo all last preseason. No need to beat that dead horse.

b0ng
08-30-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm not sure if Menkin makes it or not. They played Gardner on the right side for a good portion of the night and Gardner HAD been playing LT. So I think they're grooming him for Swing tackle. I don't know if they go 4 tackles or not.

They also played Ben Jones at both C and G. And I thought he looked really good at G. I think that versatility is going to make it hard to make the team as a lineman. Especially with Holliday stepping up.

Jones playing that well at G made me think that Smith gets much more cuttable, and I think we need T's more than G's. It's an interesting wrinkle, and since Butler is going to the IR, a spot on the 53 did just open up so one of these guys is probably going to make it and we will lose 21 people and Butler now. This is kinda why I think Menkin makes it. We still have an inactive roster every game and as long as a player is inactive I think they don't lose games against their eligibility for the PS.

Joeycharp89
08-31-2012, 12:31 AM
Not sure if Carmichael will make it, but I'd rather seem him than Ball out there.

False Start
08-31-2012, 12:36 AM

Make him take a ho bath in one of the bathrooms inside Reliant.

SAMURAITEXAN
08-31-2012, 12:41 AM
Real question is do you have balls to tell ball that he is out. Seriously, if Wade likes him, he stays. Simple as that.

Bleed_Blu_Red
08-31-2012, 12:42 AM
@Pencil Neck did you ever find that video or article of Brandon Brooks?

wolf123
08-31-2012, 12:43 AM
I was dogging Keo all last preseason. No need to beat that dead horse.

He has zero coverage skills, takes terrible angles, lacks speed and poor tackler.

Texn4life
08-31-2012, 01:00 AM
Case won't be on the 53. It was a cute story, but he needs some work. He'll join Grimes and Bryant on the practice squad. The other 3 spots are a crap shoot. Good chance Pleasant may be there with them.

The Pencil Neck
08-31-2012, 01:53 AM
@Pencil Neck did you ever find that video or article of Brandon Brooks?

I'm drawing a complete blank.

What article/video was I supposed to be finding?

Norg
08-31-2012, 02:14 AM
My cuts just off the top of my head ....

Quarterbacks
12 John Beck
7 Case Keenum

Running Backs

43 Jonathan Grimes
40 Moran Norris FB

Wide Receivers

19 Juaquin Iglesias
87 Jerrell Jackson
15 Jeff Maehl

Tight Ends
85 Logan Brock
48 Phillip Supernaw

Offensive Linemen 79

78 Rashad Butler T
66 Andrew Gardner G
77 Nate Menkin T
70 Cody Wallace C
67 Cody White G

Defensive Linemen
95 Shaun Cody NT
73 Loni Fangupo NT
72 David Hunter DE
96 Tim Jamison DE
97 Mitch King DE
68 Rennie Moore DE

Linebackers

65 Keith Browner OLB/DE
63 D. J. Bryant OLB
52 Tim Dobbins ILB
64 Delano Johnson OLB
90 Shawn Loiseau ILB
57 Jesse Nading OLB/DE

Defensive Backs
36 Alan Ball CB
31 Shiloh Keo FS
33 Troy Nolan FS
35 Eddie Pleasant SS

well maybe not that many but what is there 15 key starters on O and about 18 starters on D that makes 33 so maybe a few more picks off this least .... aww fudge it

cuppacoffee
08-31-2012, 09:32 AM
Not sure if Carmichael will make it, but I'd rather seem him than Ball out there.

I think Ball will make the team on his ST ability. Terrible in coverage though.

:coffee:

Corrosion
08-31-2012, 10:22 AM
My cuts just off the top of my head ....

Quarterbacks
12 John Beck
7 Case Keenum

Running Backs

43 Jonathan Grimes
40 Moran Norris FB

Wide Receivers

19 Juaquin Iglesias
87 Jerrell Jackson
15 Jeff Maehl

Tight Ends
85 Logan Brock
48 Phillip Supernaw

Offensive Linemen 79

78 Rashad Butler T
66 Andrew Gardner G
77 Nate Menkin T
70 Cody Wallace C
67 Cody White G

Defensive Linemen
95 Shaun Cody NT
73 Loni Fangupo NT
72 David Hunter DE
96 Tim Jamison DE
97 Mitch King DE
68 Rennie Moore DE

Linebackers

65 Keith Browner OLB/DE
63 D. J. Bryant OLB
52 Tim Dobbins ILB
64 Delano Johnson OLB
90 Shawn Loiseau ILB
57 Jesse Nading OLB/DE

Defensive Backs
36 Alan Ball CB
31 Shiloh Keo FS
33 Troy Nolan FS
35 Eddie Pleasant SS

well maybe not that many but what is there 15 key starters on O and about 18 starters on D that makes 33 so maybe a few more picks off this least .... aww fudge it

Cutting Cody , Nolan , Dobbins , and Nading ?!! What you smoking ?!

GlassHalfFull
08-31-2012, 10:33 AM

LMAO, I was waiting for someone to quote him so all the people who have him on ignore would have to see it.

Cutting Cody = pure brilliance (if by brilliance you mean ignorance)

HOU-TEX
08-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Sure hope we keep a replacement for Keo. Good grief, he's horrible. Was it 2 TDs he helped give up?

ChampionTexan
08-31-2012, 10:38 AM
LMAO, I was waiting for someone to quote him so all the people who have him on ignore would have to see it.

Cutting Cody = pure brilliance (if by brilliance you mean ignorance)

So does cutting 30 players (not 33 btw) when you need to go from 75 to 53 players.

edit: I will leave the comment about 15 offensive starters and 18 defensive starters alone.

Marcus
08-31-2012, 10:57 AM

But you're OK with them cutting Tim Jamison?

Why? Or was that an oversight?

HOU-TEX
08-31-2012, 11:04 AM
FB Tyler Clutts will be waived by the Bears. He's also a back up LS

After putting the final nail in his own coffin, Norris is not going to be on the team. We need to look for another FB

IDEXAN
08-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Wade Smith has played some tackle in his career, so in a pinch (Newton injured or plays just terrible), Wade S. to RT and rookie Jones to LG.
Mondek must have been really miserable because as bad as they need tackles,they cut him in the first batch out and he didn't even get a chance to play last night.

pirbroke
08-31-2012, 11:05 AM
I cant wait to see the list, what time do ya'll think they release it.

TheIronDuke
08-31-2012, 11:45 AM

It's Norg.

EVOLVIST
08-31-2012, 11:50 AM

Carmichael is right behind J-Jo as the 2nd best pure cover guy on this team. He stays.

wolf123
08-31-2012, 11:57 AM
Carmichael is right behind J-Jo as the 2nd best pure cover guy on this team. He stays.

ummmm what?!!? He's not even close to the 2nd best cover guy on the team. He's on the bubble and if Ball wouldn't of given up 20TD's this preseason he might not even make the team.

Errant Hothy
08-31-2012, 12:02 PM
Twitter is reproting that Louisea is going to be cut. I'd link but twitter is a no-no on the work PC, and I don't feel like re-type over from my phone's twitter feed.

So there's the first.

Edit: Fangupo added to the list of "twitter" reported cuts.

Edit: Mark Berman just twetted that Case got cut.

Lurvinator11
08-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Aw man, Bryant has been cut. I liked him.

HOU-TEX
08-31-2012, 12:22 PM

You're kidding right? Carmichael will be lucky he's not cut

Errant Hothy
08-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Cody Wallace and DJ Bryant received a visit from the "Turk" as well.

Edit: Jerrell Jackson as well, per his twitter feed.

rmartin65
08-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Just totaling Hothy's info, the current players are rumored to have been cut-

Cody Wallace
DJ Bryant
Shawn Loiseau
Case Keenum
Hebron Fangupo
Jerrell Jackson
Logan Brock
Moran Norris
Juaquin Iglesias

Errant Hothy
08-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Add Logan Brock to the cut list, as always per twitter.

Anybody surprised by any name yet?

rmartin65
08-31-2012, 12:39 PM

Not yet. Guys like DJ Bryant, Hebron Fangupo, Case Keenum and Shawn Loiseau I expect to land on the PS. But they were long shots for the team, some more so than others.

Thanks for announcing what you find on twitter.

EVOLVIST
08-31-2012, 12:39 PM
ummmm what?!!? He's not even close to the 2nd best cover guy on the team. He's on the bubble and if Ball wouldn't of given up 20TD's this preseason he might not even make the team.

You're kidding right? Carmichael will be lucky he's not cut

You guys must not watch much CBs in coverage and/or game film.

Carmichael is rarely out of position, unlike Jackson, Harris, McManis...why? Because he diagnoses plays better on the onset. He's smarter, quicker and has the body size you need in this league. Moreover, his closing speed is a lot quicker if the WR gets a step on him, while, I might add, the way he turns his head and looks for the ball in stride is textbook. The way he uses his hands in coverage without drawing a penalty is just what you want. His speed is just as good or better than McCain's.

The only glaring flaw I see in Carmichael's game so far is his run support. K. Jackson has him beat on that facet of the game. Then again, I made it clear I was talking about a "pure cover corner."

While McManis might be a better special teams player than Carmichael, it's apparent that that's all McManis will ever be. His extended reps last night sort of showed that, yeah? Yeah.

Dutchrudder
08-31-2012, 12:41 PM
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk

Texans part ways with fullback Moran Norris, per league source.

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli

QB Beck has made the 53-man roster said a person familiar with his status. So the #Texans will carry three and likely put Keenum on P squad

The Pencil Neck
08-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Add Logan Brock to the cut list, as always per twitter.

I had DJ Bryant making the team. He's had a pretty strong preseason. I stuck him on my roster last minute, though. Just a fringe guy. No big surprise that he got cut.

HOU-TEX
08-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Moran Norris cut

msbbc833
08-31-2012, 12:42 PM
You knew Norris was gone when he dropped 2 wide open passes. Flashbacks to Vickers!!! See ya!!

Errant Hothy
08-31-2012, 12:43 PM
Edit: Overly repetative post.

Rey
08-31-2012, 12:43 PM
I had DJ Bryant making the team. He's had a pretty strong preseason. I stuck him on my roster last minute, though. Just a fringe guy. No big surprise that he got cut.

Same here.

I would have liked to see them keep him though, but just too many bodies at OLB.

Cjeremy635
08-31-2012, 12:44 PM
WTF is Keo still doing even being in the equation? He would have been one of the first guys I let go. No brainer IMO.

Rey
08-31-2012, 12:44 PM
I never felt good about Norris.

Errant Hothy
08-31-2012, 12:46 PM
WTF is Keo still doing even being in the equation? He would have been one of the first guys I let go. No brainer IMO.

I'm calling it now. Keo is the new Jacoby.

TejasTom
08-31-2012, 12:47 PM

Cody Wallace
DJ Bryant
Shawn Loiseau
Case Keenum
Hebron Fangupo
Jerrell Jackson
Logan Brock

Of these I thought DJ Bryant had the best showing last night.

Carmichael is rarely out of position, unlike Jackson, Harris, McManis...why? Because he diagnoses plays better on the onset. He's smarter, quicker and has the body size you need in this league. Moreover, his closing speed is a lot quicker if the WR gets a step on him, while, I might add, the way he turns his head and looks for the ball in stride is textbook. The way he uses his hands in coverage without drawing a penalty is just what you want. His speed is just as good or better than McCain's.

Agree with this. Being on IR last year this is basically his rookie year.

rmartin65
08-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Same here.

I would have liked to see them keep him though, but just too many bodies at OLB.

I prefer to keep 5 OLBs though. OLBs make for good special teams players, it keeps the pass rushers fresh, etc. I would much rather be short at QB (carrying 2 instead of 3) because lets face it, if your top 2 guys go down, the season is screwed anyway.

Rey
08-31-2012, 01:00 PM
I prefer to keep 5 OLBs though. OLBs make for good special teams players, it keeps the pass rushers fresh, etc. I would much rather be short at QB (carrying 2 instead of 3) because lets face it, if your top 2 guys go down, the season is screwed anyway.

My roster had 6 OLB's with Nading, Braman and Bryant all making it behing the top three...

I think Nading and Braman still make it...But we'll see....

Rey
08-31-2012, 01:01 PM

Maybe they are mostly cutting the guys they want to get onto the PS first...

ChampionTexan
08-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26

Texans traded CB Sherrick McManis to the Bears fo FB Tyler Clutts

LINK (https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/241582189232398336)

The Pencil Neck
08-31-2012, 01:07 PM
My roster had 6 OLB's with Nading, Braman and Bryant all making it behing the top three...

I went with 5 with DJ as my 5th. I didn't think Nading was going to make it.

BUT... they had Nading playing some ILB last night so he might make it on versatility.

The Pencil Neck
08-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26

Texans traded CB Sherrick McManis to the Bears fo FB Tyler Clutts

LINK (https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/241582189232398336)

Ooohhhh... OK.

I had too many DBs in my roster. And I knew we had to have a FB behind Casey, so I kept Norris.

This make sense. Gotta go look up Clutts now, though.

Joeycharp89
08-31-2012, 01:08 PM

The only glaring flaw I see in Carmichael's game so far is his run support. K. Jackson has him beat on that facet of the game. Then again, I made it clear I was talking about a "pure cover corner."

While McManis might be a better special teams player than Carmichael, it's apparent that that's all McManis will ever be. His extended reps last night sort of showed that, yeah? Yeah.

This. I saw a good number of passes go to his side, and he was right on top of his receiver any time I saw him.

EVOLVIST
08-31-2012, 01:11 PM
This. I saw a good number of passes go to his side, and he was right on top of his receiver any time I saw him.

And I wrote this before I knew of the McManis trade. Looks like I was on the right track. McManis will make a good special teamer for the Bears.

Rey
08-31-2012, 01:11 PM
I agree that Carmichael is better than people have given him credit for...

wolf123
08-31-2012, 01:21 PM
I agree that Carmichael is better than people have given him credit for...

But he's not the 2nd best cover corner on our team... If so then I guess Wade and vance jospeh don't know what their doing seeing as he's 5-6 on the depth chart.

dream_team
08-31-2012, 01:22 PM

Didn't we almost make it to the AFC Championship game last season with exactly this happening?

Errant Hothy
08-31-2012, 01:24 PM
Iglesias cut, per twitter.

rmartin65
08-31-2012, 01:26 PM

Brain fart, meant to go with 6. :vincepalm:

EVOLVIST
08-31-2012, 01:28 PM
But he's not the 2nd best cover corner on our team... If so then I guess Wade and vance jospeh don't know what their doing seeing as he's 5-6 on the depth chart.

They are not going to give a guy who is essentially in his rookie year the starting job considering where he was drafted in the 4th round behind Brandon Harris, though Roc looks better than Harris. The Texans have the luxury to groom now, instead of putting their feet in the fire like K-Jak.

I'm still saying he covers better than anybody on this team, right after J-Jo. Sure, Roc has things to work on, and sure K. Jackson should start; still, Roc's cover ability is only 2nd to 1.

Rey
08-31-2012, 01:29 PM

I didn't say he was the 2nd best cover corner....

Just that I think he's better than he's given credit for...

He's basically a rookie. I think overall he has looked pretty good.

wolf123
08-31-2012, 01:33 PM
They are not going to give a guy who is essentially in his rookie year the starting job considering where he was drafted in the 4th round behind Brandon Harris, though Roc looks better than Harris. The Texans have the luxury to groom now, instead of putting their feet in the fire like K-Jak.

I'm still saying he covers better than anybody on this team, right after J-Jo. Sure, Roc has things to work on, and sure K. Jackson should start; still, Roc's cover ability is only 2nd to 1.

So one of the best nickle backs in the league gets no credit? Brice was excellent last year in coverage.

b0ng
08-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Per Twitter:

3 sacks in one game and u get released I'm not mad at all because I kno some team is going to b happy to have me

rmartin65
08-31-2012, 01:36 PM
Didn't we almost make it to the AFC Championship game last season with exactly this happening?

The exception that proves the rule.

Yes, every once in a while, a team's backup or 3rd stringer comes in and is a true revelation. More often than not, however, a teams' record gets worse as they go through QBs.

EVOLVIST
08-31-2012, 01:38 PM
So one of the best nickle backs in the league gets no credit? Brice was excellent last year in coverage.

For real, I was going to edit that, because McCain is really a great cover guy, who is neck and neck with Roc. McCain covers better than K-Jak in my opinion (though certainly Jackson has stepped it up). In short, Brice is a stud.

wolf123
08-31-2012, 01:41 PM
For real, I was going to edit that, because McCain is really a great cover guy, who is neck and neck with Roc. McCain covers better than K-Jak in my opinion (though certainly Jackson has stepped it up). In short, Brice is a stud.

Okay, thats where I had my issue. Brice should of earned a lot of respect last year from the year he had!:whip:

HOU-TEX
08-31-2012, 01:53 PM

The thing with Carmichael is that he basically looks scared to tackle. It's fairly know that we like tackling DBs. That said, the McMannis trade probably gave him a spot anyway.

rmartin65
08-31-2012, 02:28 PM

Cody Wallace
DJ Bryant
Shawn Loiseau
Case Keenum
Hebron Fangupo
Jerrell Jackson
Logan Brock
Moran Norris
Juaquin Iglesias

These 9 cut, plus Butler on IR. That puts us at 65 guys on the roster, right? 12 more guys, who do you think gets cut?

drs23
08-31-2012, 02:29 PM

I couldn't agree more. He was covering like a blanket, but wait, there's more...while being in his man's hip pocket he actually swiveled his head to locate the ball in flight. As much as KJ has improved I see Roc giving him some stiff competition.

While on the subject, as others have said, Ball needs to go away. TODAY!

rolyat93
08-31-2012, 02:31 PM
The exception that proves the rule.

Yes, every once in a while, a team's backup or 3rd stringer comes in and is a true revelation. More often than not, however, a teams' record gets worse as they go through QBs.

That is what happened last year though, our record did get worse with TJ/Leinart.

Dutchrudder
08-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

Lots of reports on #Texans cuts. Team has yet to announce any. Gary Kubiak has a press conference at 2 pm CT

Maybe the reports are wrong, we shall see.

Rey
08-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

Lots of reports on #Texans cuts. Team has yet to announce any. Gary Kubiak has a press conference at 2 pm CT

Maybe the reports are wrong, we shall see.

I think these cuts have come straight from the players on twitter

DX-TEX
08-31-2012, 02:42 PM

Just came to post this. Welcome to the new millenia.

Porky
08-31-2012, 02:54 PM

After reading it, I had to go back and look again because I was sure I would be seeing Arian Foster and Brian Cushing in the list. :spit:

Dutchrudder
08-31-2012, 02:59 PM

Ok, well looking at some twitter accounts, Case Keenum hasn't posted anything since August 27. Other people are reporting that he's cut.

Fangupo hasn't used his twitter since college.

Shawn Loiseau hasn't said anything today.

The Chronicle is being cited as the source of most of this info, and well they aren't always right. Could be a strategy by the front office to throw out some names as trade bait in hopes that a team calls asking about one of those guys.

ChampionTexan
08-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Ok, well looking at some twitter accounts, Case Keenum hasn't posted anything since August 27. Other people are reporting that he's cut.

Fangupo hasn't used his twitter since college.

Shawn Loiseau hasn't said anything today.

The Chronicle is being cited as the source of most of this info, and well they aren't always right. Could be a strategy by the front office to throw out some names as trade bait in hopes that a team calls asking about one of those guys.

She's verified it at the 2:00 press conference.

Guys Kubiak said he's released: Keith Browner, Jonathan Grimes, Mitch King, Jeff Maehl, Moran Norris, Cody White and Eddie Pleasant #Texans
Also named the guys we've already listed, just wanted to get the new names out there. #Texans
LINK (https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/241611325061603331)

08-31-2012, 03:09 PM
She's verified it at the 2:00 press conference.

LINK (https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/241611325061603331)

Ugh, did Keo really make it?

Dutchrudder
08-31-2012, 03:11 PM
WOW. Alan Ball made it... Seems like Keo will make it and Pleasant is cut.

:rolleyes:

#Texans kept CBs Alan Ball, Brandon Harris & Roc Carmichael, giving them 6 CBs total

#Texans cuts: DJ Bryant, Hebron Fangupo, Jonathan Grimes, Case Keenum, Shawn Loiseau, Jeff Maehl, Moran Norris, Eddie Pleasant
More #Texans cuts: L Brock, K Browner, D Hunter, J Iglesias, M King, N Menkin, R Moore, P Supernaw, C Wallace, C White, OLB Delano Johnson

Edit: add OLB Delano Johnson

rmartin65
08-31-2012, 03:13 PM
Cody Wallace
DJ Bryant
Shawn Loiseau
Case Keenum
Hebron Fangupo
Jerrell Jackson
Logan Brock
Moran Norris
Juaquin Iglesias
Keith Browner
Jonathan Grimes
Eddie Pleasant
Mitch King
Jeff Maehl
Cody White

If my math is correct, and there is a real chance that it is not, there are still 6 unannounced cuts.

Dutchrudder
08-31-2012, 03:15 PM
Cody Wallace
DJ Bryant
Shawn Loiseau
Case Keenum
Hebron Fangupo
Jerrell Jackson
Logan Brock
Moran Norris
Juaquin Iglesias
Keith Browner
Jonathan Grimes
Eddie Pleasant
Mitch King
Jeff Maehl
Cody White

If my math is correct, and there is a real chance that it is not, there are still 6 unannounced cuts.

You left out OLB Delano Johnson, Menkin and D Hunter.

08-31-2012, 03:17 PM
Wade Phillips, I have a feel I'll be a bit annoyed with you for keeping Ball on my favorite NFL team.

rmartin65
08-31-2012, 03:18 PM
You left out OLB Delano Johnson, Menkin and D Hunter.

And Supernaw, you are quite right. 2 more cuts to come, unless I missed them.

TejasTom
08-31-2012, 03:27 PM
Wade Phillips, I have a feel I'll be a bit annoyed with you for keeping Ball on my favorite NFL team.

This and Keo are going to contribute to Wade's trend of not being as good the 2nd year.

Dutchrudder
08-31-2012, 03:27 PM
I have the 55 man roster as this so far:

QB Matt Schaub - T.J. Yates - John Beck

RB Arian Foster - Ben Tate - Justin Forsett

FB James Casey - Tyler Clutts -

TE Owen Daniels - Garrett Graham -

LT Duane Brown - Andrew Gardner -

LG Wade Smith - -

C Chris Myers - Ben Jones - Thomas Austin

RG Antoine Caldwell - Brandon Brooks - Shelley Smith

RT Derek Newton - -

WR1 Andre Johnson - Keshawn Martin - Lestar Jean

WR2 Kevin Walter - DeVier Posey -

DE J.J. Watt - Tim Jamison -

DT Shaun Cody - Earl Mitchell -

DE Antonio Smith - Jared Crick -

SLB Brooks Reed - Bryan Braman - Jesse Nading

ILB Brian Cushing - Mister Alexander -

ILB Bradie James - Tim Dobbins -

WLB Connor Barwin - Whitney Mercilus -

LCB Kareem Jackson - Alan Ball - Brandon Harris

RCB Johnathan Joseph - Brice McCain - Roc Carmichael

SS Danieal Manning - Quintin Demps -

FS Glover Quin - Troy Nolan - Shiloh Keo

LS Jon Weeks

K Randy Bullock

P Dahnte Jones

KR Trindon Holliday

Offense: 25
Defense: 26
Special Teams: 4

I think the next two cuts are Thomas Austin or Shelley Smith, and Keo or Demps.

Austrian
08-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Jesse Nading over DJ Bryant is a bit surprising. I think Keo is one of the two last cuts. Also I think Shelley Smith could get cut. Him or Austin.

Porky
08-31-2012, 03:31 PM
Keo S-U-C-K-S as a safety. He makes me regale my younger friends with the stories of the great Matt Stevens.

However, he does bring very good value as a ST. I suspect Joe M was the one who wanted to keep Keo. Having said that, he is so historically bad at safety I would have cut him just on general principle.

Ball is horrible. I don't understand keeping Alan Ball at all. I'm guessing he has nude pics of Wade Phillips pleasuring himself while perusing the pages of Russian Man-Bride Magazine.

rmartin65
08-31-2012, 03:36 PM
I am hoping that Ball and Keo go, but who knows. Austin and Shelley Smith are also weak links. I am guessing that 2 of those guys will be the cuts. Outside, very small chance at Weeks going, since word on the street is our new FB can long-snap.

Austrian
08-31-2012, 03:37 PM
What about Dwight Jones. Was he cut already or isn't he counting against the active roster?

76Texan
08-31-2012, 03:38 PM
Nothing surprising so far.

rmartin65
08-31-2012, 03:40 PM
What about Dwight Jones. Was he cut already or isn't he counting against the active roster?

He is a did not report. We hold his rights, but until he shows up he neither gets paid nor counts against the roster.

TejasTom
08-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Keo S-U-C-K-S as a safety...

What he lacks in speed he makes up for in taking bad angles.

Corrosion
08-31-2012, 04:28 PM
But you're OK with them cutting Tim Jamison?

Why? Or was that an oversight?

It was an oversight .... guess I was blinded by the silliness of those other cuts. :texanbill:

SheTexan
08-31-2012, 05:09 PM

I'm thinkin Wade still has a soft spot for the Cowboys! B. James hasn't lived up to the hype either, but, I knew he wasn't gonna go anywhere.

Texn4life
08-31-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm thinkin Wade still has a soft spot for the Cowboys! B. James hasn't lived up to the hype either, but, I knew he wasn't gonna go anywhere.

Are you going to beat this dead horse all season? Demeco is gone. He isn't coming back.

TexanCR
08-31-2012, 05:42 PM
I have the 55 man roster as this so far:

QB Matt Schaub - T.J. Yates - John Beck

RB Arian Foster - Ben Tate - Justin Forsett

FB James Casey - Tyler Clutts -

TE Owen Daniels - Garrett Graham -

LT Duane Brown - Andrew Gardner -

LG Wade Smith - -

C Chris Myers - Ben Jones - Thomas Austin

RG Antoine Caldwell - Brandon Brooks - Shelley Smith

RT Derek Newton - -

WR1 Andre Johnson - Keshawn Martin - Lestar Jean

WR2 Kevin Walter - DeVier Posey -

DE J.J. Watt - Tim Jamison -

DT Shaun Cody - Earl Mitchell -

DE Antonio Smith - Jared Crick -

SLB Brooks Reed - Bryan Braman - Jesse Nading

ILB Brian Cushing - Mister Alexander -

ILB Bradie James - Tim Dobbins -

WLB Connor Barwin - Whitney Mercilus -

LCB Kareem Jackson - Alan Ball - Brandon Harris

RCB Johnathan Joseph - Brice McCain - Roc Carmichael

SS Danieal Manning - Quintin Demps -

FS Glover Quin - Troy Nolan - Shiloh Keo

LS Jon Weeks

K Shayne Graham

P Dahnte Jones

KR Trindon Holliday

Offense: 25
Defense: 26
Special Teams: 4

I think the next two cuts are Thomas Austin or Shelley Smith, and Keo or Demps.

There...fixed for you.