PDA

View Full Version : Ben Jones Fine Food Connoisseur

CloakNNNdagger
08-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Here he is enjoying an exotic preparation of Periplaneta americana........Sushi style. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ATQBgXPwY4)

Texan_Bill
08-29-2012, 09:22 PM
1st off "exotic" pulled me in. I will now read the article, errr watch the video! Just sayin'!

Texan_Bill
08-29-2012, 09:25 PM
Okay, NOT the "exotic" I was looking for!! :vomit:

That said, the lockers in the background, that the old company I worked for, still look good!

GlassHalfFull
08-29-2012, 09:28 PM
There were a lot of Texans players screaming like little girls. lol.

Lurvinator11
08-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Super Bowl Champs

JimBaker488
08-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Seriously they've got lots of protein, very nutritious.

NitroGSXR
08-29-2012, 10:34 PM
That is a very enthusiastic looking locker room. I love seeing the guys happy and having fun. Props to Ben Jones.

will742
08-29-2012, 11:30 PM

I am Bear Grylls and can confirm that it is indeed full of protein.

CloakNNNdagger
08-29-2012, 11:40 PM

The Texans need to have a little talk with him and the rest of the players. Cockroaches can carry over 30 different types of bacteria and more than 15 types of fungi and as many viruses and parasites. They account for the transmission of myriads of disease conditions.

Yes, they can be eaten and can be nutritious. But not the ones you find around the house.......only those found in the natural wild........and only after they are boiled, baked, fried, etc........not raw.

I hope that, after this ill-advised stunt, our backup center doesn't end up coming down with some mysterious dysentery type of symptoms within the next month. And I do hope that the Texans definitely have a real heart-to-heart with all of those involved.

NitroGSXR
08-29-2012, 11:43 PM
The Texans need to have a little talk with him and the rest of the players. Cockroaches can carry over 30 different types of bacteria and more than 15 types of fungi and as many viruses and parasites. They account for the transmission of myriads of disease conditions.

Yes, they can be eaten and can be nutritious. But not the ones you find around the house.......only those found in the natural wild........and only after they are boiled, baked, fried, etc........not raw.

I hope that, after this ill-advised stunt, our backup center doesn't end up coming down with some mysterious dysentery type of symptoms within the next month. And I do hope that the Texans definitely have a real heart-to-heart with all of those involved.
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFlpOSx5h8Tx2O9mq-kysPMIN90J2mlADwjpD_7LTp0gDqyr60

Speedy
08-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Dude, you're drawing an NFL paycheck now. You don't have to eat bugs.

TejasTom
08-30-2012, 07:42 AM
Here he is enjoying an exotic preparation of Periplaneta americana........Sushi style. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ATQBgXPwY4)

No wasabi?

The Texans need to have a little talk with him and the rest of the players. Cockroaches can carry over 30 different types of bacteria and more than 15 types of fungi and as many viruses and parasites. They account for the transmission of myriads of disease conditions...

They can also be covered in pestisides.

First a vegan now a entomophagist.

HJam72
08-30-2012, 07:48 AM
No wasabi?

They can also be covered in pestisides.

First a vegan now a entomophagist.

Yeah, that scares me even more than the general filthiness of it.

IDEXAN
08-30-2012, 08:29 AM

See here's how I look at it: half of the guys on that YT flic probably thought Jones was nutz, the other half have his back for the rest of their time together as teammates on the Texans. In other words, I see it as a major bonding experience for Jones and his teammates.

SheTexan
08-30-2012, 08:53 AM
Looks to me like he was the only one doing it! The others were either laughing or wanting to barf!

CloakNNNdagger
08-30-2012, 08:53 AM
See here's how I look at it: half of the guys on that YT flic probably thought Jones was nutz, the other half have his back for the rest of their time together as teammates on the Texans. In other words, I see it as a major bonding experience for Jones and his teammates.

You are probably right. But there are undoubtedly other better and just as effective ways to create bonding other than reverting to a college fraternity hazing-like exercises. Then again, I guess seeking his next meal with the boys from an unflushed toilet bowl could make their bond that much stronger.:spin:

Seņor Stan
08-30-2012, 08:56 AM
He is the anti-Johnsonfan.

BigWig
08-30-2012, 08:58 AM
One word- Disgusting!!

GlassHalfFull
08-30-2012, 09:00 AM
He is the anti-Johnsonfan.

Damn you, Senor Stan.

lol. Good time to bring back that thread

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40890

TheIronDuke
08-30-2012, 09:05 AM
He has a history of eating exotic foods.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/767458/ben-jones-grass.jpg

IDEXAN
08-30-2012, 09:11 AM
You are probably right. But there are undoubtedly other better and just as effective ways to create bonding other than reverting to a college fraternity hazing-like exercises. Then again, I guess seeking his next meal with the boys from an unflushed toilet bowl could make their bond that much stronger.:spin:
I'm telling you C&D, this is the stuff of Offensive Line legends. Jones may have worked his way into the starting lineup on the basis of this single performance alone ?