PDA

View Full Version : No TD for jets in first three preseason games.

The Medic01
08-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Pathetic. Not their second third or first stringers managed to get into the end zone. Should be an easy win for us in primetime.

mattieuk
08-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Pathetic. Not their second third or first stringers managed to get into the end zone. Should be an easy win for us in primetime.

:toropalm:

*Marks down week five to bet against the Texans...*

Playoffs
08-27-2012, 07:46 AM
What a pathetic downfall. I'm a believer in Tony Sparano and expect him to get that offense turned around. But geez, it's not too complicated. How they continue to neglect that O line is beyond me.

gwallaia
08-27-2012, 07:49 AM
They are playing everything close to the vest and are keeping the reigns on their explosive offense. Watch out for the regular season! :specnatz:

Vinny
08-27-2012, 09:27 AM
don't read too much into preseason football.

TheIronDuke
08-27-2012, 10:38 AM
Tebow's been looking pretty sharp. :kitten:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1316370/tebowhell_medium.gif

Brandon420tx
08-27-2012, 10:42 AM
Is there seriously 4 defenders around that ball? LOL

chicagotexan2
08-27-2012, 12:10 PM

speechless. Pay me, I can throw an awkward spiral to the other team and do it for much less.

The1ApplePie
08-27-2012, 12:17 PM
What a pathetic downfall. I'm a believer in Tony Sparano and expect him to get that offense turned around. But geez, it's not too complicated. How they continue to neglect that O line is beyond me.

The Jets are trying to use a 1980s offense in the 2012 NFL. Smashmouth football isn't really all that relevant.

Greene and that O-line aren't good enough for it either

HJam72
08-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Is there seriously 4 defenders around that ball? LOL

Yes..............but don't worry 'cuz there's no receiver. :spin:

My theory is that Tebow changing teams has confused him quite a bit. He saw what he thought was 4 of HIS guys and he just threw it to all of them. :)

paycheck71
08-27-2012, 02:39 PM
A part of me is worried about that game. It's the first national tv game for both teams this year, and the Jets might hold off on whatever they're planning to do with Tebow and the wildcat until then. Sparano did the same thing in Miami.

I just hope our new D can handle it, because I still can remember that Denver game from a couple of years ago and cringe.

thunderkyss
08-27-2012, 02:53 PM

It's all about perspective. This is the preseason. Most likely this means the Jets will lead the league in offense.

thunderkyss
08-27-2012, 02:54 PM

Don't they have two first rounders on that line?

Texn4life
08-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Don't they have two first rounders on that line?

Yeah, but a line is only as good as its weakest link and they have 2 major holes in their line. At LG and RT. The young kid that started last night played well so they may be close to filling 1 of the holes.

Doppelganger
08-27-2012, 03:02 PM

In 2008 the Detroit Lions jumped out to 4-0 in the Preseason. They outscored their opponents 80-32. Their D gave up a mere 8 points per game. Many "smart" football prognosticators picked Detroit as a darkhorse wildcard team. What did they do in the regular season? 0-16. That great Defense that surrendered a Ravenesque 8 points per game in the preseaon suddenly gave up a Frank Bush 32 per game.

Preseason is meaningless.

Double Barrel
08-27-2012, 03:11 PM
don't read too much into preseason football.

yep. 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in the pre-season, iirc.

Thorn
08-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Just knowing the history of the Texans, they could start out 4-0 and look like world beaters then lose to an 0-4 Jets team on Monday night.

Texn4life
08-27-2012, 03:18 PM
They're going to be similar to what they were last year on offense. I think they're going to miss Plax in the red zone but Tebow will help out some in that regard. That defense is going to keep them in a lot of games so they won't need to score a ton of points, but the Patriots have the blueprint for exposing their D.

Also keep in mind they haven't had Holmes until last night and they also had Kerley out all preseason. They're not going to be all time bad on offense, but it won't be too far off from where they were last year in my opinion.

thunderkyss
08-27-2012, 06:54 PM
They're going to be similar to what they were last year on offense. I think they're going to miss Plax in the red zone but Tebow will help out some in that regard. That defense is going to keep them in a lot of games so they won't need to score a ton of points, but the Patriots have the blueprint for exposing their D.

Also keep in mind they haven't had Holmes until last night and they also had Kerley out all preseason. They're not going to be all time bad on offense, but it won't be too far off from where they were last year in my opinion.

Keep in mind Sparano is their OC.... Tebow will play TE, HB, QB, & RB... Remember how the Wildcat took every body by surprise..... this will be wildcat 2.0

Texn4life
08-27-2012, 07:01 PM
Keep in mind Sparano is their OC.... Tebow will play TE, HB, QB, & RB... Remember how the Wildcat took every body by surprise..... this will be wildcat 2.0

I'm not a believer that they're going to use him all of those different ways. I do think he'll take snaps as a wildcat QB, but I'm just not buying that they're going to move him around as much as everyone would like to believe. But I do think he'll be effective as a wildcat QB. It'll probably give some teams fits especially in short yardage situations.

GP
08-27-2012, 08:05 PM
I accidentally drafted Shon Greene two years ago.

Last year, due to draft position, I had to draft him again as my RB2.

That Jets running game is AWFUL. This is the year I think Rex Ryan gets fired, at end of season. It's a collective cluster-***** with Rex Ryan leading the way.

This is a situation where I think preseason performance CAN be a good gauge of reg season outcome.

The Jets crashed and burned at end of the '12 reg season. Holmes was pissed at Sanchez, Rex Ryan crying in the locker room, some players skipping the locker room crying game altogether.

And now look at 'em. Off to a baaaad start, even if it is *just* preseason.

How do they begin to turn that around, especially after taking on Tebow on top of everything else!!!! LOL.

drs23
08-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else see a 2-14 to 4-12 season in store for the Zits? I'm in agreement with those who see this as being Rexy's last year at the helm.

I see him on another teams sideline next year wearing a defensive coordinator's headset. He's just not HC material in my book, his act has worn way thin.

He does look better though after he dropped all that tonnage.

thunderkyss
08-28-2012, 02:13 PM
I see him on another teams sideline next year wearing a defensive coordinator's headset. He's just not HC material in my book, his act has worn way thin.

His act only works when they are winning.

They open the season against Philly, Pittsburgh, & Miami. If they lose two of those three, it's over. I don't believe Rex Knows how to get them back to winning.

Wait a minute.... they have Tebow. Belay my last.

Rey
08-28-2012, 04:43 PM

They need to get his vision checked...

Looked like he was trying to throw to the defender running across thinking it was one of his own teammates....

But he never saw the other defender sitting there and he picked off the pass that tebow was trying to throw the the other defender...

:spit:

Playoffs
09-01-2012, 03:08 PM
How bad is the Jets offense?

They just claimed a WR ..... waived by the receiver-challenged Miami Dolphins. http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/Soizic22/a%20smilie/laugh-1.gif

Playoffs
09-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Sparano is a coach, man!

Vinny
09-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Hill looked pretty darn good yesterday