PDA

View Full Version : Our Upcoming Game with Saints - Their New Turf

SmoochyTX
08-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Just read this article and caught this little snippet over at PFT in an article about Saints injuries. Has anybody else seen this and are you concerned more than normal about our guys this weekend? I think it's odd that the coach, of all people, would say this about their turf unless he's more unhappy with it than he's letting on.

The Saints lost linebacker Chris Chamberlain for the season in Fridayís game against the Jaguars, but that wasnít the only injury to strike the teamís linebacking corps.

During his Monday press conference, interim coach Joe Vitt announced, via the New Orleans Times-Picayune, that Curtis Lofton and David Hawthorne are also dealing with injuries. Neither one should be out as long as Chamberlain, but it sounds like both will miss the final two games of the preseason.

Vitt suggested that the new turf at the Superdome might have played a role in mowing down his linebackers. The coach said he regretted not having a practice on that field before the game against the Jags.

Full story link: Saints dealing with more injuries at linebacker (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/20/saints-dealing-with-more-injuries-at-linebacker/)

Hervoyel
08-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Just read this article and caught this little snippet over at PFT in an article about Saints injuries. Has anybody else seen this and are you concerned more than normal about our guys this weekend? I think it's odd that the coach, of all people, would say this about their turf unless he's more unhappy with it than he's letting on.

Full story link: Saints dealing with more injuries at linebacker (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/20/saints-dealing-with-more-injuries-at-linebacker/)

I think that all Texans fans have a built-in sense of concern where the Superdome turf is concerned. I've had a bad feeling about that field since week two of the 2003 season when Seth Payne went down. Now I know they've changed the field (at least once) but I still get nervous thinking about what could happen.

infantrycak
08-20-2012, 08:37 PM
We lost Seth Payne to their crappy turf which they then replaced within the next few weeks.

gwallaia
08-20-2012, 08:44 PM
I am reminded of the pre-season game at the Astrodome that was canceled due to poor field conditions. I can't remember the year however.

Showtime100
08-20-2012, 11:23 PM
I am reminded of the pre-season game at the Astrodome that was canceled due to poor field conditions. I can't remember the year however.

1995, preseason vs San Diego. One of Bud's maneuvers to get out of town.

Link: Field Of Bad Dreams (http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=1995_1292199)

In a not-too-strange coincidence, it being preseason like it always is in late August, the article was published 17 years ago today (8/20).

TheMatrix31
08-21-2012, 03:22 AM
Can't stand purely domed stadium turf. Just looks disgusting and patchy. Green and white, just....totally ugly.

CloakNNNdagger
08-21-2012, 07:58 AM

Vitt suggested that the new turf at the Superdome might have played a role in mowing down his linebackers. The coach said he regretted not having a practice on that field before the game against the Jags.

I find that statement strange since the same turf is installed in the Saints' practice facility in Metairie, La.

ubu-intensity series-s5-m synthetic turf :

http://www.ubusports.com/members/products.htm

IDEXAN
08-21-2012, 09:21 AM
One of Bud's maneuvers to get out of town.

Bud's biggest problem was not being a member of Lanier's party.

pec0sb0b
08-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Adams ownership was always the Oilers' biggest handicap.

drunkcookie
08-21-2012, 12:54 PM
New turf is probably bugged so they can listen in on the play calls

Thorn
08-21-2012, 04:00 PM
New turf is probably bugged so they can listen in on the play calls

Belichick is with the Saints now?

The Pencil Neck
08-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Belichick is with the Saints now?

Did you miss the investigation into the Saints for bugging their opponent's headsets at the Superdome?