PDA

View Full Version : Tannehill named starter for season opener against Texans

Stemp
08-20-2012, 03:34 PM
HBO's "Hard Knocks" has a new plot point for this week's episode. And the NFL has yet another young starting quarterback taking over.

Miami Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin announced Monday that Ryan Tannehill will be his starting quarterback for the Dolphins' season opener against the Houston Texans. Philbin hopes that Tannehill will stay in the starting lineup for his tenure as head coach, although we know things usually don't work out that smoothly.

When training camp opened, Tannehill was considered a distant third on the depth chart.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000052374/article/ryan-tannehill-named-dolphins-starting-quarterback

As an A&M fan I'm happy for him but as a Texans fan, I think we're going to give him a rude welcome.

Tailgate
08-20-2012, 06:41 PM
We will be sure to give him a nice warm welcome to the NFL.

eriadoc
08-20-2012, 08:34 PM
So since he's an A&M guy, we should expect the stands to be full of people wearing Tannehill jerseys?

Pollardized
08-20-2012, 08:52 PM
So since he's an A&M guy, we should expect the stands to be full of people wearing Tannehill jerseys?

No no no... That would be classless tsips doing things like that :handshake:

Norg
08-21-2012, 02:28 AM
good now we might get some tv shoots of LaUREN :p

but anyway im glad might well chalk it up 1-0 MUHAHAHAH

b0ng
08-21-2012, 11:13 AM

Was there a bunch of Dalton jerseys on TCU fans at Reliant? (The answer is no)

EDIT: Hell, even fans of Katy highschool were probably not sporting their Dalton gear either and he was actually a highschool superstar here.

IDEXAN
08-21-2012, 11:20 AM
I sure hope the Texans make a better accounting of themselves in the season opener vs a rook QB as compared to the last time they faced this situation ?
Of course having Wade instead of Frank Bush at the D controls could make a difference ?

eriadoc
08-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Was there a bunch of Dalton jerseys on TCU fans at Reliant? (The answer is no)

EDIT: Hell, even fans of Katy highschool were probably not sporting their Dalton gear either and he was actually a highschool superstar here.

Yep. There's a point buried in there somewhere. ;)

08-21-2012, 11:43 AM
I sure hope the Texans make a better accounting of themselves in the season opener vs a rook QB as compared to the last time they faced this situation ?
Of course having Wade instead of Frank Bush at the D controls could make a difference ?

Keep in mind this is also Tannehill's first ever game as well as a season opener on the road... and yes, the fact we have a competent coordinator will help, too. Also, he doesn't have the best of receivers to throw to.

b0ng
08-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Keep in mind this is also Tannehill's first ever game as well as a season opener on the road... and yes, the fact we have a competent coordinator will help, too. Also, he doesn't have the best of receivers to throw to.

I still don't understand why they up and gave away Marshall if they were planning on Tannehill being the starter.

Tailgate
08-21-2012, 01:41 PM

Lets be real, if Tannehill won the Aggies a national championship (lol)... then I would certainly expect a **** ton of Tannehill jerseys at the game.

gtexan02
08-21-2012, 01:47 PM
The texans have traditionally not been good against 1st start rookie QBs.
Remember when Sanchez had his first start against us and looked like a future pro bowler? He came down to Earth later.

I hate not having film on a guy before we play him

b0ng
08-21-2012, 02:25 PM
The texans have traditionally not been good against 1st start rookie QBs.
Remember when Sanchez had his first start against us and looked like a future pro bowler? He came down to Earth later.

I hate not having film on a guy before we play him

Traditionally speaking the Texans have not been good against any QB's up until the 2011 season.

If there is anybody that I would want to have coordinating a defense against a rookie QB, it'd be Wade. Besides there will be enough tape on tanny hills by the time the first game rolls around.