PDA

View Full Version : Holliday's chances at making the team

Pages : 1 [2]

Malloy
09-01-2012, 12:17 PM
You two above me realize that Holliday had almost as many fumbles on returns as he did TD's right?

I'm expecting to watch some of his returns with my hands covering my face.

I'll take that any day of the week. TD = TD, INT = ?.

No longer will I be hiding my head in the pillow whenever we're returning :)

Joeycharp89
09-01-2012, 12:45 PM
You two above me realize that Holliday had almost as many fumbles on returns as he did TD's right?

I'm expecting to watch some of his returns with my hands covering my face.

Boom or bust isn't so bad, if there is an actual boom once in a while.

dream_team
09-01-2012, 01:24 PM
you'll get no argument from me on that.

Both the NFL records for kick off returns for TDs and punt returns for TDs in a single season is 4. I like to see him break one or both of them.

It will be tough. Alot of knockoffs will go through the end zone and alot of punts will go out of bounds.

drs23
09-01-2012, 03:03 PM
It will be tough. Alot of knockoffs will go through the end zone and alot of punts will go out of bounds.

Possibly true but as pointed out several times, that's not a bad thing. A guaranteed start at the twenty and on punts the ball is more often than not spotted anywhere from 10 - 15 yds further up field than where it touches down out of bounds due to the angle of the punt.

Win - win situation in my book. And when they do kick it to The Tricycle he has a great chance to waterbug all the way to the house! I love watching fearless fly do his thing.

Bring on the Phins!

silvrhand
09-01-2012, 06:04 PM
you'll get no argument from me on that.

Both the NFL records for kick off returns for TDs and punt returns for TDs in a single season is 4. I like to see him break one or both of them.

I would take a brian mitchell clone on our team in a heartbeat.

drunkcookie
09-02-2012, 01:34 PM
I still remember reading the sports page in the chronicle with that picture on the front page. Apparently that was a day full of shenanigans. Trindon was on the trike, Schaub hit walter....with a pie, and the attitude of that practice was very laid back. I think it was at that moment when I began to worry about the 2010 season. Oh man how right I was.....

I wish it was that simple, but treating practice as if they were the Packers or Steelers wouldn't have made that Texans defense any better...

Lurvinator11
09-02-2012, 03:34 PM
I wish it was that simple, but treating practice as if they were the Packers or Steelers wouldn't have made that Texans defense any better...

I agree, but they could have been a tad bit better had they applied a hard working attitude for the rookies. I know the defense still would have been terrible, but when you are somewhat laid back, and then get your tails whipped, you are less confident than you would have been if you had a serious attitude throughout the workouts. That's just how I feel at least.

infantrycak
09-02-2012, 03:46 PM
I agree, but they could have been a tad bit better had they applied a hard working attitude for the rookies. I know the defense still would have been terrible, but when you are somewhat laid back, and then get your tails whipped, you are less confident than you would have been if you had a serious attitude throughout the workouts. That's just how I feel at least.

You're assuming one day was representative of the whole camp.

Lurvinator11
09-02-2012, 04:07 PM
You're assuming one day was representative of the whole camp.

Wasn't it though? Remember this was 2 years ago, and there's no worth in arguing over it. But wasn't practice somewhat laid back as opposed to what it is like now? I mean, I remember reading they were really preparing for Indy, and they did, but what about the rest of the season? I just felt more could have been done. But once again, it was 2 years ago. We already know how that season turned out.

infantrycak
09-02-2012, 04:19 PM
I mean, I remember reading they were really preparing for Indy, and they did, but what about the rest of the season?

What do you mean by this? If they were training really hard for Indy they were training really hard. They don't prepare for any team in training camp. Game plans are put in on Tuesdays of each game week.

Lurvinator11
09-02-2012, 04:30 PM
What do you mean by this? If they were training really hard for Indy they were training really hard. They don't prepare for any team in training camp. Game plans are put in on Tuesdays of each game week.

I remember reading during training camp that they were preparing for the colts during training camp. Running drills set up for the colts, going over game footage, ect. As we all remember, they were more than prepared when the colts came to town. It's really irrelevant now, of course.

thunderkyss
09-02-2012, 08:25 PM
http://www.houstondiehards.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Holliday.jpg

drunkcookie
09-02-2012, 10:38 PM

It's hard to really guage a team and if being laid back can have a negative impact in the way you suggest... It's all about how all of the different personalities mesh...
Some teams can be laid back and do fine, some can't...

Also, the same kind of shenanigans may have been a part of last year's team as well, without a negative impact...

My point is we know exactly what the 2010 team's problem was, and i don't think being more serious and less laid back would have done anything to fix it...from the coaching to the secondary: the defense was what it was!

gtexan02
09-02-2012, 10:57 PM
Our team in 2010 was bad because our defensive coordinator was awful.
Everything else is secondary. This sounds like the beer and chicken Red Sox issues...

Texn4life
09-02-2012, 11:04 PM
How dare those guys actually try having a good time during their down time at practice! That is completely unacceptable. They better be stone faced 24/7! No fun allowed!

The Pencil Neck
09-02-2012, 11:50 PM
How dare those guys actually try having a good time during their down time at practice! That is completely unacceptable. They better be stone faced 24/7! No fun allowed!

Thank god! The voice of Reason has arrived!

lol

ChampionTexan
09-02-2012, 11:55 PM
They better be stone faced 24/7!

Jacoby was stone handed 24/7, does that count?

Texn4life
09-02-2012, 11:58 PM
Jacoby was stone handed 24/7, does that count?

As long as he wasn't having fun. NFL= No Fun Leaugue

Did someone forget to notify these guys? Kubiak should be fired for that alone.

ObsiWan
09-03-2012, 12:03 AM
As long as he wasn't having fun. NFL= No Fun Leaugue

Did someone forget to notify these guys? Kubiak should be fired for that alone.

I'd be willing to bet good money that when Kubiak found out about these shenanigans he made the whole team go without sprinkles on their ice cream for the whole week.
:turtle:

Texn4life
09-03-2012, 12:07 AM
I'd be willing to bet good money that when Kubiak found out about these shenanigans he made the whole team go without sprinkles on their ice cream for the whole week.
:turtle:

That's not good enough. He should have made them all sit in a chair and face a corner for at least an hour as a timeout. He needs to talk to my old day care employees. They'll let him know how to get these guys in line. Pizza parties only allowed after we win the Super Bowl.