PDA

View Full Version : Foster fumbling

utahmark
08-12-2012, 09:19 AM
You guys think this is anything to worry about? http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/08/arian-foster-fumbling-again/

Once Steve Slaton started fumbling he went down hill fast. Maybe it's just a phase but if this is something that starts getting in his mind we might have problems. Honestly, he may not be the best runner on this team but he is definitely the best all around back we(or maybe anybody else) has.

With the way the other rb's on this team are playing would consider trading Foster? There are not many players that you can get much in return for a trade but I think Foster might command quite a bit. Trade scenario threads are usually pretty dumb and I am mostly interested in discussing whether you think his fumbling might turn into a problem but if you think it might then maybe trading him now is the best option.

BorrowMe
08-12-2012, 09:26 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wAxDMfEGhoY/TQrlbN4gYXI/AAAAAAAAAXg/kmwztAAni44/s400/Not%2BSure%2Bif%2Bserious.jpg

dinkatoid
08-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Steve Slaton had a neck issue where he lost feeling in his hand and arm - he had to have a a special surgery that not many come back from if I understand correctly. I believe he was the first running back to have it and return.

Foster on the other hand has always had a reputation of fumbling. He did it in a big spot or two in college and the reputation stuck with him, although some say its undeserved. I think I read once he had the big one in the bowl game, he had 5 fumbles for the rest of his college career.

Either way, Foster makes big plays happen. When he does, he can sometimes let the ball drop to his side like he did last night and it can get poked out. It is not something we like to see, but I think it is just something we have to live with when he is out on the field. I don't think it will ever be a horrible problem for him, just that it always sticks in our mind when he does fumble it.

As for trading him, I don't think thats an option. We just signed him to a big contract with lots of guaranteed money. Not only would we lose all the cash, but we would probably not find fair value for a high priced running back as most teams do not value the position that high anymore and will not pay backs big money.

I think the best idea is just to keep working with him on the fumbles and hope they don't come at a bad time. It is sort of the same thing with Vick - he can make huge plays happen, but when he does, he does not secure the ball and there is always the risk of a fumble. You just try to look the other way when it happens knowing that most of the time, more good than bad will come.

jtexas
08-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Slaton relied on his speed more than "vision" and after hurting his neck he never recovered. I don't think Foster's running will be effected, but i bet we see Tate getting more inside carries this year.

utahmark
08-12-2012, 09:38 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wAxDMfEGhoY/TQrlbN4gYXI/AAAAAAAAAXg/kmwztAAni44/s400/Not%2BSure%2Bif%2Bserious.jpg

I'll see your image and raise you a Link. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1742003

but like I said, I really just a little worried about Fosters fumble's at the end of last year and now starting the preseason.

utahmark
08-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Slaton relied on his speed more than "vision" and after hurting his neck he never recovered. I don't think Foster's running will be effected, but i bet we see Tate getting more inside carries this year.

I forgot about his neck injury.

Playoffs
08-12-2012, 09:47 AM
With the way the other rb's on this team are playing would consider trading Foster?...

No. You don't panic trade the best RB in the league.

Foster http://cdn2.able2know.org/images/v5/emoticons/icon_notequal.gif Steve Slaton.

08-12-2012, 09:48 AM
You guys think this is anything to worry about? http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/08/arian-foster-fumbling-again/

Once Steve Slaton started fumbling he went down hill fast. Maybe it's just a phase but if this is something that starts getting in his mind we might have problems. Honestly, he may not be the best runner on this team but he is definitely the best all around back we(or maybe anybody else) has.

With the way the other rb's on this team are playing would consider trading Foster? There are not many players that you can get much in return for a trade but I think Foster might command quite a bit. Trade scenario threads are usually pretty dumb and I am mostly interested in discussing whether you think his fumbling might turn into a problem but if you think it might then maybe trading him now is the best option.

Although I agree his fumbles can be annoying, you are blowing this way out of proportion.

Lucky
08-12-2012, 09:52 AM
I'll see your image and raise you a Link. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1742003

but like I said, I really just a little worried about Fosters fumble's at the end of last year and now starting the preseason.

Portis wanted a new contract that Shanny didn't want to give him. So he was dealt for the best corner in the league. Foster just signed a new deal, so that dynamic doesn't exist here.

I doubt that Foster's fumbling becomes a major issue. He's lost 6 fumbles in 786 touches. I'm not losing any sleep over this.

EllisUnit
08-12-2012, 10:21 AM
This was one fumble in pre season. Foster has been the best RB in the NFL the last 2 seasons. I dont think i would consider one fumble in a meaningless game a concern.

The guy runs with the ball carelessly, its how he does all his moves, he cant make a lot of those cuts if he has the ball and arms into his body, "balance" you take the good with the bad. But it is no major concern.

Slaton didnt have half the moves foster has.

XI CMURDER IX
08-12-2012, 10:24 AM
This was one fumble in pre season. Foster has been the best RB in the NFL the last 2 seasons. I dont think i would consider one fumble in a meaningless game a concern.

The guy runs with the ball carelessly, its how he does all his moves, he cant make a lot of those cuts if he has the ball and arms into his body, "balance" you take the good with the bad. But it is no major concern.

Slaton didnt have half the moves foster has.

Let's also not forget it was the 1st preseason game. There is no reason for concern.

Imatexanfan
08-12-2012, 10:29 AM
It's just common sense he needs to have both arms wrapped on that football when running through opponents. That fumble last night was a result in him not having the ball tucked away with it loosely in his left arm, result a fumble by a rookie LB.

Now this I understand is just preseason but he should know to cover up the ball when running through a pile...

utahmark
08-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Portis wanted a new contract that Shanny didn't want to give him. So he was dealt for the best corner in the league. Foster just signed a new deal, so that dynamic doesn't exist here.

I doubt that Foster's fumbling becomes a major issue. He's lost 6 fumbles in 786 touches. I'm not losing any sleep over this.

I don't lose sleep over any of it. Just off the top of my head I count 4 fumbles in the last 3 games so I think it might be open for discussion.

Corrosion
08-12-2012, 10:51 AM
We had this conversation at the begining of last year .... now we're having it again.

That number could have been considerably higher as he put a few others on the turf that were recovered.

I was concerned then .... every turnover concerns me this go round as the stakes are much higher for the Texans going into this season than ever before.

I think Fosters running style exposes the ball on occasion. Sometimes the team pays for that as was shown in the replays of the fumble yesterday when it was punched out from behind. I'd like to see him keep the ball a little tighter and up high.

since02
08-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Someone please give a Arian a piece of steak and get him off this vegan phase hes going thru! We're seeing the results of having limited protein in his system! Football and lean meat go hand in hand!!!!!

GP
08-12-2012, 11:26 AM
The thing about this that can be good for him is....defenders will start thinking they can try to get the ball rather than tackling him.

And that's going to mean defenders take a risk and will generally end up losing 9 times out of 10.

Every moment a defender is less concentrated on TACKLING Foster is time Foster is getting further up the field.

He will work on it. I'm sure he's still thinking about it right now.

GP
08-12-2012, 11:27 AM
If we tried to trade him after having just signed him (at a very fair deal to the Texans, btw) it would be a huge dick move.

We don't want the locker room fallout from that.

The Medic01
08-12-2012, 11:32 AM
Someone please give a Arian a piece of steak and get him off this vegan phase hes going thru! We're seeing the results of having limited protein in his system! Football and lean meat go hand in hand!!!!!

:kubepalm:
Yes ignore every dietician in the world and go crazy. It's not like he was eating a steak a day and then suddenly stopped. He was probably already only eating meat very rarely and then stopped completely.

Thorn
08-12-2012, 11:34 AM
I think Foster is the least of our worries. I'm not concerned at all about that fumble.

Stemp
08-12-2012, 11:39 AM

So then what is the excuse for all the other RB who fumble the ball and eat meat?

:wadepalm:

utahmark
08-12-2012, 11:44 AM
So then what is the excuse for all the other RB who fumble the ball and eat meat?

:wadepalm:

I was vegan for a couple of weeks, I did'nt have any problems dropping my pen at work.

Allstar
08-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Trade Foster? Is this a joke?

EllisUnit
08-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Trade Foster? Is this a joke?

hell na, to fumble in the first pre season game is a NFL sacred sin. We should cut all ties with this joke of a RB. Who will never amount to anything in the NFL now because he fumbled the ball against carolina in the 2012 pre season opener.

I mean its not like the guy ran for 285 yards and 3 TDs in the play-offs last season. Our gashed the ravens for 132 yards and 1 TD. Rushing for the most yards against the ravens at home in a single game since 2003.

Wow what a scrub, who would trade for this crappy rb anyways. :whip:

False Start
08-12-2012, 12:41 PM
I'm not too concerned. I have faith he'll get it worked out.

Didn't he have fumbling problems in college at some point?

TimeKiller
08-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Remember that time Foster straight abused two of the best defenders on the Steelers D, ran it another 60 yards for a game deciding TD?

Mr teX
08-12-2012, 12:49 PM
As good as Foster has been for us these last couple of years, i've ALWAYS worried about him fumbling alot b/ c he's always swung the ball around away from his body like that...even when he was at Tennessee. & b/c he's done it for so long, Sadly i just think thats going to be something we're just going to have to live with with him.

im honestly surprised he hasn't fumbled more....

Corrosion
08-12-2012, 12:53 PM
As good as Foster has been for us these last couple of years, i've ALWAYS worried about him fumbling alot b/ c he's always swung the ball around away from his body like that...even when he was at Tennessee. & b/c he's done it for so long, Sadly i just think thats going to be something we're just going to have to live with with him.

In this instance he didnt have the ball away from his body but he did have it "down low" , he has to keep it high and tight where its harder for a defender to poke it out.

Showtime100
08-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Hell, I'm concerned. Preseason or not I don't like that, predictably IMO, Foster fumbled and Schaub threw a pick.

Those two plus the Texans performance deep in the red zone has me concerned....again.

EllisUnit
08-12-2012, 12:54 PM

Its risk and reward, without holding the ball away from his body the way he does he wouldnt be able to do all the cuts and jukes that he does to make people miss.

Go back and look at every big cut he has ever made to where the defender is juked out of his shoes and you will see the ball is always way out there. Its a way to maintain balance without doing it, he wouldnt make people miss like he does.

ChampionTexan
08-12-2012, 12:57 PM

He's also fumbled 6 times (and lost 3) in his last 7 games (regular and post-season). That's 6 times in his last 188 touches - not counting last night.

When Slaton was having his fumbling issues, there were folks that compared his numbers to Adrian Peterson trying to justify continuing to use him. Any comparison between A.D. and Slaton is and was ridiculous. On the other hand, there is validity in comparing A.D. and Foster.

A.D. fumbled 16 times (lost 10) out of the 741 touches he had in the 2008 and 2009 seasons. Not good at all, but given everything he brought to the table, you lived with it. Since then he's fumbled 2 times (lost one) in 545 touches. He/The Vikings weren't content to live with it - however they did it, they appear to have fixed it.

Like A.D., Foster brings enough playmaking ability that you'll live with it it you have to. The Texans shouldn't have to.

Foster, Kubes, Chick Harris - Get it fixed!

utahmark
08-12-2012, 12:58 PM

I think other teams are starting to see that. Once a guy fumbles a couple of times I think the other teams starts to take notice. Hopefully it will not be an issue.

JCTexan
08-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Hell yeah, I'm concerned. At the rate he's going he will be fumbling every time he touches the ball. That's over 270 fumbles this year. :aggressive:

:sarcasm:

In all seriousness, though: I think it's a major overreaction to one carry. In which he was eleven yards down-field.

Vinny
08-12-2012, 01:05 PM
A vegan that plays for a team that has a steak logo. You do the math.

CretorFrigg
08-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Adrian Peterson had a fumbling problem. If I remember correctly, he fumbled 9 times in one season. Yes, Foster needs to work on his fumbling problems, but he's not going to get traded because he's going to make explosive plays for us. He's our offense right now. Remember how our offense relied solely on him to make plays during the playoffs?

Plus, one preseason game does not have me worried at all.

Thorn
08-12-2012, 01:10 PM
hell na, to fumble in the first pre season game is a NFL sacred sin. We should cut all ties with this joke of a RB. Who will never amount to anything in the NFL now because he fumbled the ball against carolina in the 2012 pre season opener.

I mean its not like the guy ran for 285 yards and 3 TDs in the play-offs last season. Our gashed the ravens for 132 yards and 1 TD. Rushing for the most yards against the ravens at home in a single game since 2003.

Wow what a scrub, who would trade for this crappy rb anyways. :whip:

:lol:

Yeah, he was undrafted anyway. Those guys never amount to anything.

ChampionTexan
08-12-2012, 01:11 PM
A vegan that plays for a team that has a steak logo. You do the math.

Are you suggesting a change?

http://rondatempleton.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/fighting-artichokes.jpg

infantrycak
08-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Last I checked this guy - Walter Payton (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PaytWa00.htm) - was considered one of the greatest of all time. His NFL career started with 9, 10 and 11 fumbles in his first three 14 game seasons. Let's not overreact.

Showtime100
08-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Maybe we should define the word "worry" for this thread.

Speaking for myself I worry, meaning I hope he's works on it this preseason, not I worry as in he will make us sorry we signed him, worry.

No biggie in the big pic, IMO.

EllisUnit
08-12-2012, 01:50 PM
trade him for a 7th ??? :spin:

JCTexan
08-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Maybe we should define the word "worry" for this thread.

Speaking for myself I worry, meaning I hope he's works on it this preseason, not I worry as in he will make us sorry we signed him, worry.

No biggie in the big pic, IMO.

I take it to mean you're (generally speaking) worried Foster will have fumbling problems this season. He's fumbled the ball seven times in 659 carries in his NFL career. There's no reason for me to think he will start struggling now.

Showtime100
08-12-2012, 02:06 PM
I take it to mean you're (generally speaking) worried Foster will have fumbling problems this season. He's fumbled the ball seven times in 659 carries in his NFL career. There's no reason for me to think he will start struggling now.

Fair enough. However, I've got ten fumbles, 6 in the last year. I'll assume three were fumbles recovered by the Texans. Again, not a big concern, just something he has become somewhat known for in opposing locker rooms (according to articles here and there). That can lead to defenses going after the football with a little extra umf.

It would come as no surprise if it never comes up (or out, as it were) this coming year.

JCTexan
08-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Fair enough. However, I've got ten fumbles, 6 in the last year. I'll assume three were fumbles recovered by the Texans. Again, not a big concern, just something he has become somewhat known for in opposing locker rooms (according to articles here and there). That can lead to defenses going after the football with a little extra umf.

It would come as no surprise if it never comes up (or out, as it were) this coming year.

I was going off ESPN's (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12497/arian-foster) stats. It has him fumbling the ball seven times in 659 rushing attempts and only losing four, while fumbling the ball twice (losing both) in 127 catches. So overall Foster has fumbled the ball nine times (five last year) in 786 touches.

DBCooper
08-12-2012, 02:27 PM
:spit:

Showtime100
08-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Cool. When I want stats I go to the "reference" sites. Baseball-reference, fball-ref...etc.

JCTexan
08-12-2012, 03:03 PM
Cool. When I want stats I go to the "reference" sites. Baseball-reference, fball-ref...etc.

So, yeah... Looking at Fosters stats (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FostAr00.htm) at fball-ref... same number of carries & catches but it has him fumbling one more time last year than ESPN's does. Not sure why they added one that ESPN left out...

ChampionTexan
08-12-2012, 03:19 PM
So, yeah... Looking at Fosters stats (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FostAr00.htm) at fball-ref... same number of carries & catches but it has him fumbling one more time last year than ESPN's does. Not sure why they added one that ESPN left out...

If you include the post-season (which I believe FB Reference does), they both have him fumbling 6 times last season. Five RS fumbles, and one fumble in the playoff game vs. the Ravens.

JCTexan
08-12-2012, 03:33 PM
If you include the post-season (which I believe FB Reference does), they both have him fumbling 6 times last season. Five RS fumbles, and one fumble in the playoff game vs. the Ravens.

The post-season statistics weren't added on FB Reference. At least the 51 carries for 285 yards weren't...

utahmark
08-12-2012, 04:17 PM
The post-season statistics weren't added on FB Reference. At least the 51 carries for 285 yards weren't...

Well I guess they don't count it as a fumble when you recover it yourself. In the first playoff game he lost the ball twice. The first time he caught it in the air and the second time he had to fight for it on the ground. The ball has came out of his hands 4 times in the last 9 quarters. Thats why I'm a little concerned.

ChampionTexan
08-12-2012, 04:55 PM

Yeah, you're right. PFR doesn't list fumbles in their individual game logs (at least not that I can find), so there's no way to tell exactly where they're different. NFL.com and Texans.com both have 5 regular season fumbles (and one post-season) just like ESPN does, so it appears the PFR is incorrect on that one.

Playoffs
08-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Foster & Tate tied for second worst "rush" fumbles in 2011.

..........................attempts.fumbles
Ben Tate.......HST.....175.....4
Arian Foster...HST.....278.....4

Foster is listed with 2 "receiving" fumbles, tied for worst among RBs. Tate, none.

ProFootballFocus (http://www.profootballfocus.com/)

infantrycak
08-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Foster & Tate tied for second worst "rush" fumbles in 2011.

Cedric Benson and Ryan Mathews each had 5. There were then 4 RB's with 4. Of those Foster had the most attempts and Tate had the least.

Your attempt numbers are way off.

Playoffs
08-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Your attempt numbers are way off.Fixed, those were snaps not attempts.

EllisUnit
08-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Man i hope Pro's dont read message boards, if Foster was to stop by some of u would have him convinced he is a fumble machine haha. Foster carried this team past the bengals in the play-offs and nearly got us past the Ravens, and yet we are concerned over a "few" fumbles. Hell lets bring Johnathon Wells back he rarely ever fumbled :vincepalm:

silvrhand
08-12-2012, 07:36 PM
If he's a fumbling machine put ben tate in, he looked strong last night.

infantrycak
08-12-2012, 07:38 PM

Tate fumbled the same number of times last year on 100 less carries. Hopefully the Texans don't overreact like their fans.

EllisUnit
08-12-2012, 07:46 PM

Foster only had 1 carry and it was 11 yards. They seemed to be wanting to test out the passing game, which is understandable, and then when they did run it was always with tate. Tate is a good back no doubt but Foster is a special back, one that can carry a team on his back if he needs to.

Showtime100
08-12-2012, 07:49 PM
I don't see any high-strung posts of major concern here so I'm left to wonder who the overreactors are and where the overeactions are posted.

EllisUnit
08-12-2012, 07:50 PM
I don't see any high-strung posts of major concern here so I'm left to wonder who the overreactors are and where the overeactions are posted.

this thread getting started was an over reaction !!!!

Showtime100
08-12-2012, 07:52 PM
this thread getting started was an over reaction !!!!

Ok, if anybody else has any worries keep it to yourself. The Sunshine Club is in session. :D

EllisUnit
08-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Ok, if anybody else has any worries keep it to yourself. The Sunshine Club is in session. :D

haha you asked !

Showtime100
08-12-2012, 07:55 PM
haha you asked !

Dig the avatar, btw. That's a real cutie right there.

EllisUnit
08-12-2012, 07:58 PM

thanks man, thats my newest little girl 7 months old and last for me and the wife, we got a 5 year old girl a 3 year old boy and her !!!

Texan_Bill
08-12-2012, 08:30 PM

thanks man, thats my newest little girl 7 months old and last for me and the wife, we got a 5 year old girl a 3 year old boy and her !!!

Seconded!! Sure is a "cutie"!!!!

In any event, I'm not worried about AF fumbling. Sh!te happens!!! What? "Sweetness, Jim Brown, Earl or other great rushers never fumbled??? Pffft! Please!!!!!

Vinny
08-12-2012, 08:58 PM
SWT used to be the Grand Poobah of the Chicken Little club...we need a successor.

EllisUnit
08-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Seconded!! Sure is a "cutie"!!!!

In any event, I'm not worried about AF fumbling. Sh!te happens!!! What? "Sweetness, Jim Brown, Earl or other great rushers never fumbled??? Pffft! Please!!!!!

edo783
08-12-2012, 10:10 PM
SWT used to be the Grand Poobah of the Chicken Little club...we need a successor.

I swear that kid lived on a ledge on some tall building somewhere. Sure hope he didn't jump at some point last year.

El Tejano
08-12-2012, 10:42 PM
You just have a high light reel session for the RBs and show no clips of Arian. Arian will come back the next week and remind you who he is.

Corrosion
08-12-2012, 11:49 PM

I thouhgt that was left to GP .... :corrosion:

Allstar
08-13-2012, 12:33 AM
Tate fumbled the same number of times last year on 100 less carries. Hopefully the Texans don't overreact like their fans.

True, but 9 times out of 10 Foster turns the ball over, Tate will be on the field the next time we have the ball. That's usually how Kubiak operates with our RBs.

Corrosion
08-13-2012, 12:42 AM
True, but 9 times out of 10 Foster turns the ball over, Tate will be on the field the next time we have the ball. That's usually how Kubiak operates with our RBs.

Notice that was Fosters only carry in the game .... Gary doesnt play when it comes to putting the ball on the ground.

Its a proven fact in the NFL , lose the turnover battle , lose the game the vast majority of the time. This one being preseason against a team that couldnt capitalize on those turnovers to the fullest .... You get away with it. With the schedule they will face this coming season .... they cant afford to lose the turnover battle and expect to come away winners.

drs23
08-13-2012, 12:45 AM

That's pretty much directly opposed to what kubiak said here. (http://prod.www.texans.clubs.nfl.com/tv-media/videos/Kubiak-press-conference/b8682c39-863c-4464-8d60-6db4e01aed2d)

It's the whole presser but he addresses directly your comment and several other takes that have been posted.

Allstar
08-13-2012, 12:58 AM
That's pretty much directly opposed to what kubiak said here. (http://prod.www.texans.clubs.nfl.com/tv-media/videos/Kubiak-press-conference/b8682c39-863c-4464-8d60-6db4e01aed2d)

It's the whole presser but he addresses directly your comment and several other takes that have been posted.

I'll take your word for it, I don't have time to watch the presser. Strange that I seem to remember Kubes pulling Foster/whoever in the past when he fumbles. I know he didn't in the Cincy game, but that was the first playoff game and everybody was a little too amped at the beginning. Guess I'm just misremembering.

Rey
08-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Notice that was Fosters only carry in the game .... Gary doesnt play when it comes to putting the ball on the ground.

I think that had more to do with not wearing Arian down in the first pre season game if the year than anything else.

Tate got a carry before Arian did. I dont think Arian was going to carry it much more than that anyways.

utahmark
08-13-2012, 01:03 AM
I'll take your word for it, I don't have time to watch the presser. Strange that I seem to remember Kubes pulling Foster/whoever in the past when he fumbles. I know he didn't in the Cincy game, but that was the first playoff game and everybody was a little too amped at the beginning. Guess I'm just misremembering.

According to the stats he did'nt fumble in the Cincy game.

Rey
08-13-2012, 01:04 AM

Arian has reached another level. You don't sit great players because they make a mistake. RB's fumble sometimes. Best thing to do is put them back out there so they can get right back on the horse so to speak. You're not going to punish your star rb that you just gave a bunch of money to by sitting him because he had a fumble unless it becomes chronic.

Now some snot nosed kid trying to prove himself, thats another story. If they fumble they'll be punished accordingly. They haven't earned the build up of good grace.

And it's not like Tate is some ball protecting fool anyways.

drs23
08-13-2012, 01:05 AM

No biggie. Kubiak said he had him on a snap count and would have come out no matter what happened. As it was, Arian picked up 11 yds and lost a fumble. Also said he'd get alot more next week VS. the Niners. Starters will play about a quarter and a half.

Good presser though. Catch it if you have a chance. No finger tapping and only one "that's on me". :corrosion:

Allstar
08-13-2012, 01:18 AM
According to the stats he did'nt fumble in the Cincy game.

Yeah, he fumbled but caught it himself in the air a half second later. It never hit the ground, so I guess it's technically not a fumble.

Corrosion
08-13-2012, 04:05 AM
Yeah, he fumbled but caught it himself in the air a half second later. It never hit the ground, so I guess it's technically not a fumble.

First rushing play of the game if I remember correctly , either way it was early in the game.

The Pencil Neck
08-13-2012, 11:50 AM
I swear that kid lived on a ledge on some tall building somewhere. Sure hope he didn't jump at some point last year.

Remember the rant about the Duane Brown pick. You'd think that pick tore a hole in the space-time continuum and we were about to be sucked into a black hole or something.

dc_txtech
08-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Remember the rant about the Duane Brown pick. You'd think that pick tore a hole in the space-time continuum and we were about to be sucked into a black hole or something.

We could have had Rashard Mendenhall!

Dutchrudder
08-13-2012, 03:18 PM

No way man, we should have taken Aqib Talib!

HJam72
08-13-2012, 03:21 PM

Who?

silvrhand
08-13-2012, 03:31 PM

ok.. seriously did I say OMG PULL HIM NOW CUT THE GUY!! I simply stated that if he keeps fumbling put Ben Tate in he looked good last night. I know they have both have problems with putting the ball on the ground, not disputing that. But if you main guy is fumbling, and you have a very capable backup running back he's going to get his shots.

Turnovers +/- ratio is clearly a trending stat for who wins the most games. If you are in the top you drastically improve your chances for making it to the playoffs.

1 San Francisco 23 15 38 5 5 10 28
2 Green Bay 31 7 38 8 6 14 24
3 New England 23 11 34 12 5 17 17
4 Detroit 21 13 34 16 7 23 11
5 Seattle 22 9 31 14 9 23 8
6 Atlanta 19 10 29 13 8 21 8
7 Houston 17 10 27 9 11 20 7
8 NY Giants 20 11 31 16 8 24 7