PDA

View Full Version : Miami WR Chad "OchoCinco" Johnson arrested for domestic violence

Playoffs
08-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Police: Miami Dolphins WR Chad Johnson arrested for domestic violence (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-dolphins-chad-johnson-arrested-081112,0,751890.story)

Miami Dolphins wide receiver Chad Johnson was arrested Saturday night for domestic violence, according to Davie Police Department captain Dale Engle. The police report was not immediately made available, but according to a source the incident took place in a vehicle Saturday night.

Johnson, who started Saturday night's 20-7 exhibition loss to Tampa Bay, allegedly head-butted his new wife, Evelyn Lozada, during an argument. When cops came on the scene Lozada, a star in VH1ís Basketball Wiveís Reality series, had lacerations on her forehead, and Johnson was arrested...

read more: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/sfl-dolphins-chad-johnson-arrested-081112,0,751890.story

GP
08-11-2012, 09:29 PM
Damn, Chad...take off the helmet bro.

PapaL
08-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Heads up!

(not that domestic violence is a joking matter)

Playoffs
08-11-2012, 09:39 PM
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
wow RT @benvolinpbp: Davie police spokesman said fight between Chad Johnson and his wife started over a receipt for a box of condoms

majestrate
08-11-2012, 09:59 PM
"Your honor, I was leaning in, trying to get a better look at the receipt, thought I saw her swinging at me, so I tried to duck and ended up forehead-to-forehead. Honest mistake. Plus, she's a b***h"

badboy
08-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
wow RT @benvolinpbp: Davie police spokesman said fight between Chad Johnson and his wife started over a receipt for a box of condomsuh who had the condoms and who were they for? This could go either way.

GP
08-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Good to see our new Texans reporter is busy reporting all the important news...about condom receipts, domestic violence, and the Dolphins' Chad Johnson.

Look out, John McClain. Your days as big dawg are dwindling.

GP
08-12-2012, 12:30 AM
She bought condoms and got head butted by a Johnson.

The comedy writes itself.

Dutchrudder
08-12-2012, 02:57 AM
She bought condoms and got head butted by a Johnson.

The comedy writes itself.

Who needs condoms when you're getting head?

:kitten:

jtexas
08-12-2012, 08:35 AM
"When you can pause Call of Duty to head butt someone.... that's how you know she is the f'n one"

IDEXAN
08-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Chad is not so funny anymore is he ?
If you saw the first episode of Hard Knocks you know the new HC reprimanded Chad for his profane-laced press conference. Now after this incident, I wouldn't be surprised if the 'Phins cut him lose ?

GP
08-12-2012, 09:43 AM
Chad Johnson has revealed himself to be a guy who is a POS who cloaked his POS'ness by being funny.

End of story.

Mr. White
08-12-2012, 10:17 AM
uh who had the condoms and who were they for? This could go either way.

They were his.

Heath Shuler
08-12-2012, 12:20 PM
On Hard Knocks didnt Johnson say as he was walking out of the Fins facility that he was going to get arrested?

Joe Texan
08-12-2012, 02:31 PM
What part of basketball ho's did Ocho play. That show is straight up diva ho'ness. I would be divorced if my wife was on that show

50,000 women and these six stood out haha

CloakNNNdagger
08-12-2012, 05:12 PM
...........Over Rubbers.

Evelyn Lozada was so afraid of her husband, Chad Johnson, during last night's alleged altercation ... she had to flee to a neighbor's house for safety, this according to the police report.

According to the report, after Johnson allegedly head-butted Lozada during an argument about a receipt for condoms, Johnson began screaming at Lozada, saying, "I don't give a ******! I don't give a ****** about my career!"

According to the report, Lozada "fled on foot to a neighbor's house to get away from Johnson."

The report goes on to say that Johnson drove around the neighborhood looking for Lozada, who had called police from the neighbor's home.

The officer who responded says in the report he observed a 3" laceration on her forehead. The officer said when he spoke to Johnson, he admitted the two argued, but said she yelled "****** it!" at him and then she head-butted him. link (http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/12/chad-johnson-arrested-police-report/)

Texecutioner
08-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Chad is not so funny anymore is he ?
If you saw the first episode of Hard Knocks you know the new HC reprimanded Chad for his profane-laced press conference. Now after this incident, I wouldn't be surprised if the 'Phins cut him lose ?

I've always found it completely stupid at how so many people have brushed off all of Chad's actions over the years, and just said that he liked to be funny and entertain people. The guy has been a prick since he was in HS and has given every HC problems that he has ever had. He tried to punch Marvin Lewis in the middle of a playoff game at halftime. This isn't surprising at all honestly. I'm sure that he'll do something to make the news though where people will come back and say that he is just misunderstood or something like that. I've never understood the popularity of this clown who has never cared more about his team than himself. Hopefully, this will finally end any other discussions about Chad Johnson becoming a Texan as well. It seems like every off season people start threads about wanting to bring him in.

rmartin65
08-12-2012, 05:53 PM
I've always found it completely stupid at how so many people have brushed off all of Chad's actions over the years, and just said that he liked to be funny and entertain people. The guy has been a prick since he was in HS and has given every HC problems that he has ever had. He tried to punch Marvin Lewis in the middle of a playoff game at halftime. This isn't surprising at all honestly. I'm sure that he'll do something to make the news though where people will come back and say that he is just misunderstood or something like that. I've never understood the popularity of this clown who has never cared more about his team than himself. Hopefully, this will finally end any other discussions about Chad Johnson becoming a Texan as well. It seems like every off season people start threads about wanting to bring him in.

This! He is, and always has been, a me-first prima donna. I could never stand the guy or his antics.

PapaL
08-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Cool story, my BFF is a lawyer in the DAs office for Dade County and she got called in to deal w his situation. She's actually in the YouTube video of his arraignment.

Ryan
08-12-2012, 07:46 PM
He's been released from the Dolphins per Jay Glazer.

NitroGSXR
08-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Released by Dolphins per NFL.com.

Heath Shuler
08-12-2012, 07:47 PM
The Miami Dolphins have just released Chad Johnson, scouts cleaned out his locker

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Texecutioner
08-12-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm guessing that this is the end of Chad Johnson in the NFL. I'm hopeful any way. I just really hope that the NFL network or ESPN doesn't hire him as an analyst.

I like the NFL network for what it is, but they already have the worst analysts to me. Michael Irvin and Deion should never have gotten those jobs. Marriuchi is probably the worst though.

paycheck71
08-12-2012, 07:51 PM
On Hard Knocks didnt Johnson say as he was walking out of the Fins facility that he was going to get arrested?

Yes, he did. Although, I think it was before a day off the week before.

Vinny
08-12-2012, 07:56 PM
I think Forrest Gump said it best...

Playoffs
08-12-2012, 08:12 PM
I thing Forrest Gump said it best...I gotta pee???

Released by Dolphins per NFL.com.HBO is pizzed.

CloakNNNdagger
08-12-2012, 08:31 PM
Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Johnson was on a one-strike arrangement with the team. Coach Joe Philbin, who has welcomed plenty of distractions in the seven months since he took the job, ultimately didnít want the added distraction of the criminal prosecution of one of his higher-profile players.link (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/12/chad-johnson-was-on-a-one-strike-arrangement/)

Vinny
08-12-2012, 08:35 PM
I gotta pee???

HBO is pizzed.stupid is as stupid does

GP
08-12-2012, 09:11 PM
Geez. Another career suicide.

It should have been apparent things were going to end badly when he was playing Xbox and flipped the ring box to the lady and half-ass proposed to her.

What asshat does that? Playing Xbox and casually proposes at the same time.

His give-a-****ter is beyond broke. It got incinerated and blasted into outer space where it embedded itself into a passing comet which took it to another galaxy.

It takes lots of planning and careful execution to carry out a career suicide the magnitude of what Chad Johnson just displayed. Even Terrell Owens has to feel 100 times better about himself right now. Right?

Playoffs
08-12-2012, 09:22 PM
stupid is as stupid does
Yep.

Hard Knocks Chad OchCinco Adios version: http://youtu.be/YOncK8_ErG8?t=44m

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/johnson-celebration.jpg

CloakNNNdagger
08-12-2012, 10:03 PM
His $925,000 contract is null and void.........none of it was guaranteed.

BlackBeard
08-12-2012, 10:14 PM
This was his first legal incident as a pro however I never liked showboat guys like Chad Johnson.

That said, could there be a Johnson and Johnson duo in the near future for the Texans?

Nawzer
08-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Well the next episode of Hard Knocks should be interesting. I thought he was acting weird (even for him) on the first episode.

Ryan
08-12-2012, 10:39 PM
This was his first legal incident as a pro however I never liked showboat guys like Chad Johnson.

That said, could there be a Johnson and Johnson duo in the near future for the Texans?

http://nerdbastards.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif

Texn4life
08-12-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm very disappointed in Chad. Me and Tex had a disagreement that turned ugly in a previous thread. And while I still don't agree with him regarding his ability, he was right on about his focus. Damn U Chad! Damn U TEX!

drs23
08-12-2012, 10:47 PM

Whuut?

Tell me you didn't. :foottap:

You didn't use a kitty or sarcasm paint brush or nothin'.

:)

ChampionTexan
08-12-2012, 11:17 PM
Seth Meyers Seth MeyersVerified ‏@sethmeyers21

I can't believe the Hard Knocks writers killed off Chad Johnson.

IlliniJen
08-13-2012, 09:56 AM

http://cdn.crushable.com/files/2012/08/mal-what.gif

Hervoyel
08-13-2012, 11:02 AM
Just curious if all of you would do me a favor. Stop what you're doing for a just a second or two and think of the NFL. Think of how much you enjoy it and how much time you spend watching it or things about it.

Now ask yourself, is the NFL less fun today without this asshat?

I didn't think so. I came to the same conclusion. For years we've all been seeing those "Chad's just about entertainment and having a good time" posts as Texecutioner pointed out and I've got to say that I don't think NFL football will be even the slightest bit less entertaining and fun now that this clown has finally, mercifully left the stage.

If Chad Johnson never puts another uniform on and never takes the field again I think we'll all be just fine. When T.O. joins him in another year maybe this era of idiot receivers making fools out of themselves will draw to a close.

Double Barrel
08-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Yep.

Hard Knocks Chad OchCinco Adios version: http://youtu.be/YOncK8_ErG8?t=44m

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/johnson-celebration.jpg

He put that show on, yet by all accounts, he's never been able to read and comprehend a playbook.

Yeah, Chad, you're HoF alright...only in your head. :loser:

Hookem Horns
08-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Yeah, Chad, you're HoF alright...only in your head. :loser:

His bust will be right next to VY's who was saying the same thing a couple of years ago.

HOU-TEX
08-13-2012, 01:26 PM
Eh, I've always been entertained by Chad. Other than the stupid HOF jacket thing, he's been fine with me. He's a great follow on Twitter too. He never really seemed like the kind of guy that would do something like this, but if he did, shame on him. Any dude that strikes a woman in any way is spineless to me, so I truly hope he didn't do what he's being accused of

Would I want him on our team? No. Do I hope he didn't do this and can continue to be entertained by him? Yes

The Pencil Neck
08-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Eh, I've always been entertained by Chad. Other than the stupid HOF jacket thing, he's been fine with me. He's a great follow on Twitter too. He never really seemed like the kind of guy that would do something like this, but if he did, shame on him. Any dude that strikes a woman in any way is spineless to me, so I truly hope he didn't do what he's being accused of

Would I want him on our team? No. Do I hope he didn't do this and can continue to be entertained by him? Yes

This ^^^ is where I'm at with it.

I've never been offended by any of his antics that I can think of. He's always just seemed like a class clown to me. He's just been amusing and silly, not serious. He had a few good years and he was really talented.

But in that pre-season game and with the Patriots, he looked spent to me. I don't know where his hands went but they must have seen the Medusa because they are solid stone now. He makes Jacoby Jones look like Owen Daniels wrt hands. Just performance-wise, I don't want him anywhere near our team.

But this thing with his wife? This is something I didn't expect to see from him.

StarStruck
08-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Just curious if all of you would do me a favor. Stop what you're doing for a just a second or two and think of the NFL. Think of how much you enjoy it and how much time you spend watching it or things about it.

Yes, however included but not limited to. Over the years I have seen some funny antics on the sidelines and endzones, and to me it was fun. Changes are made over time, and I have adjusted to the stiff catch the ball and hand it over to the referee, then go to the sidelines and sit down. Such is life, but the trip down memory lane still brings a smile to my face.

Back to the thread title, if Chad did what he's accused, then that behavior isn't acceptable and should be handled accordingly.

Double Barrel
08-13-2012, 04:22 PM

I'm in complete agreement with you about the entertainment factor.

Unfortunately, that often means that he's getting gloss when he doesn't deserve it. He gets run for being a clown instead of being a great receiver, and because he's gotten so much publicity, too many talking heads equate that showboat & mouth with talent.

Guys like A.J. and Fitzgerald, on the other hand, deserve lots of accolades, but because they are quiet workhorses, we hear more about Chad than we do of them.

GP
08-13-2012, 04:30 PM
I'm in complete agreement with you about the entertainment factor.

Unfortunately, that often means that he's getting gloss when he doesn't deserve it. He gets run for being a clown instead of being a great receiver, and because he's gotten so much publicity, too many talking heads equate that showboat & mouth with talent.

Guys like A.J. and Fitzgerald, on the other hand, deserve lots of accolades, but because they are quiet workhorses, we hear more about Chad than we do of them.

I agree and want to add this:

That's because we live in a culture that says "The working man is a chump."

I love the line in Good Fellas when Ray Liotta's voice is narrating as he camera shows "wise guys" smoking cigars and living like kings. Remember how he narrates and says something to the effect of "We were on top of the world. We had everything in the palm of our hands. If we wanted something, we just took it. The regular Joe, 9-to-5 guy who works for a living? Nah. Who wants that when you can be a wise guy?"

Watching clips of AJ or Fitz methodically catching big passes just doesn't seem to attract the eyeballs like Chad Johnson keeping us on the edge of our seats as we wonder what he will come up with next when he scores a TD.

I suppose it's on our DNA to desire to be in constant anticipation of what shock tactics somebody like Chad Johnson will burst forth at any given moment. The regular, methodical work ethic and quiet devotion (the disciplined lifestyle) just puts us off. Nobody wants to see THAT. Plus, we cannot even make "that" attractive on a TV screen, can we? "Hey look, here we have Andre Johnson. Andre, let's talk about...well, about how you have become a great receiver."

Then Andre says he has to get up before everyone else does. He had to sacrifice personal time. He had to stay away from the wrong people. He had to eat well, work out all the time, and take every single second of his NFL life as seriously as he could take it. That's not what we want to hear. We want to see fun and antics, good time rock-n-rollers like Chad Johnson who must just possess great talent by accident (not by hard work) and this makes us feel less bad about our slovenly lives as couch potatoes who flip channels and watch all this stuff on our butts all weekend long.

That's all I got, DB.

The Pencil Neck
08-13-2012, 04:33 PM

We might hear more about receivers like Chad than we do guys like AJ and Fitzgerald, hell, even Megatron, but when people start talking about the best receivers in the league, Chad Johnson hasn't been in that discussion since 2007 despite the publicity he gets. AJ and Fitzgerald have even though they're quiet. I don't think anyone has been fooled into thinking that Chad's mouth and publicity efforts mean he's still a great receiver.

Texecutioner
08-13-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm very disappointed in Chad. Me and Tex had a disagreement that turned ugly in a previous thread. And while I still don't agree with him regarding his ability, he was right on about his focus. Damn U Chad! Damn U TEX!

:handshake:

Hey man, guys like Chad are head cases that seem to cause more problems than they bring in. I never trusted him after reading about how he threw a punch at Marvin Lewis at halftime in the middle of their first big playoff game. watched a documentary about Chad many years ago which talked about all of hi9s problems with his coaches in college and in HS, and I was thinking about all the problems he had with Lewis as well. I just sat there wondering why anyone would want to bring in a guy like that on their squad when they never respect their coach's authority?

Texecutioner
08-13-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't think anyone has been fooled into thinking that Chad's mouth and publicity efforts mean he's still a great receiver.

Actually a lot of people have. That's the problem. Half of the NFL fans get more involved in the publicity stuff and don't pay attention to actual stats, production, and what kind of impact a guy is having on his team. If he is talked about on ESPN a lot and is on shows like VH1, the average fan will think they're still a top guy. I've told numerous people who have argued on his behalf that he has only had one good season out of his last 4, yet they still think he is a realyl good WR.

infantrycak
08-13-2012, 04:41 PM

Reporters don't need to work AJ and Fitz and frankly doing it won't help them. They are going to give milquetoast quotes so reporters get everything for free on highlight reels. Reporters can stroke the egos of guys like Chad and get them to become off-field copy, or in his case outside of the play clock at least.

Texecutioner
08-13-2012, 04:47 PM

I didn't think so. I came to the same conclusion. For years we've all been seeing those "Chad's just about entertainment and having a good time" posts as Texecutioner pointed out and I've got to say that I don't think NFL football will be even the slightest bit less entertaining and fun now that this clown has finally, mercifully left the stage.

If Chad Johnson never puts another uniform on and never takes the field again I think we'll all be just fine. When T.O. joins him in another year maybe this era of idiot receivers making fools out of themselves will draw to a close.

The showboat guys like Chad and TO make me want to watch the NFL even less actually. I can watch clowns and thugs at a circus or on a reality jail tv show or 48 Hours. I've never understood why people are entertained by guys who punch their coaches and try to publicly humiliate their QB's over and over and support that, but that's just me.

If the NFL was full of guys that acted like them, I wouldn't watch. It's a big reason why I don't watch near as much of the NBA anymore. Thank god for guys like AJ, Fitz, Brady, Rodgers, Steve Mcnair, Derrick Brooks, and many others who you can really feel proud to root for and deserve their all of their success for being great players and great representations for the NFL.

The Pencil Neck
08-13-2012, 04:49 PM
Actually a lot of people have. That's the problem. Half of the NFL fans get more involved in the publicity stuff and don't pay attention to actual stats, production, and what kind of impact a guy is having on his team. If he is talked about on ESPN a lot and is on shows like VH1, the average fan will think they're still a top guy. I've told numerous people who have argued on his behalf that he has only had one good season out of his last 4, yet they still think he is a realyl good WR.

OK. I'll admit that I was being probably a bit elitist here.

I don't consider the opinions of the average fan on the street to have any validity or any merit. Some person who catches a couple of games, talks through most of it without watching, and doesn't know any of the stats isn't someone I consider as worth worrying about.

When the talking heads on ESPN or NFLN start talking about top receivers, Chad hasn't been in that conversation in a long time. But some doofus calling in to air his thoughts on some talk-radio show? I don't care what that guy thinks.

mattieuk
08-14-2012, 12:23 AM

Guys like AJ and Fitz end up with their bust in Canton, millions of dollars in the bank long after they retire, friends for life from their teams and cities that will forever regard them as heroes.

Guys like 'Ocho Cinco' and TO often end up broke, washed up and lonely 10 years after retirement.

My heart doesn't bleed for the good guys - they get the privacy they desire and deserve, and will fully utilize the gift they've been given in their football abilities. They'll continue getting their accolades years after people have forgotten about the bums who dominated the media during their playing careers.

Norg
08-14-2012, 02:26 AM
yall think the texans should sign him ?????

i know its only been one pre season game and we dont know what we have but

who would yall rather have out the Posey Inguleas Jean or CHad ?????

and dont say martin i know hes been doing good but he was never intended to be a outh side WR like andre is lined up most of the time i dont think hes rdy for that

GlassHalfFull
08-14-2012, 08:59 AM
The showboat guys like Chad and TO make me want to watch the NFL even less actually. I can watch clowns and thugs at a circus or on a reality jail tv show or 48 Hours. I've never understood why people are entertained by guys who punch their coaches and try to publicly humiliate their QB's over and over and support that, but that's just me.

If the NFL was full of guys that acted like them, I wouldn't watch. It's a big reason why I don't watch near as much of the NBA anymore. Thank god for guys like AJ, Fitz, Brady, Rodgers, Steve Mcnair, Derrick Brooks, and many others who you can really feel proud to root for and deserve their all of their success for being great players and great representations for the NFL.

Good point, I hadn't internalized it yet, but this is what is going on with me also. I think that is one reason I have become such a true fan of the Texans, not just because they are my home team, but because of what they represent. People here have scoffed at McNair and that he would only sign high character players. In today's world, it is wonderful to be able to root for a quality team - quality in more than one way.

I totally agree about the NBA.

Guys like AJ and Fitz end up with their bust in Canton, millions of dollars in the bank long after they retire, friends for life from their teams and cities that will forever regard them as heroes.

Guys like 'Ocho Cinco' and TO often end up broke, washed up and lonely 10 years after retirement.

My heart doesn't bleed for the good guys - they get the privacy they desire and deserve, and will fully utilize the gift they've been given in their football abilities. They'll continue getting their accolades years after people have forgotten about the bums who dominated the media during their playing careers.

You saved me some typing. AJ has the hearts of many Houston fans, he is loved here in a way that an Ocho Cinco or a TO will never be able to emulate.

2012Champs
08-14-2012, 09:22 AM

AJ is a much better overall player in terms of rep and I hope he still has enough gas in the tank to reach Canton

Playoffs
08-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Not OchoStinko's first arrest for hitting women...

CHAD JOHNSON HISTORY OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE (http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/14/chad-johnson-history-of-domestic-violence-guilty-conviction/)

Chad Johnson is no stranger to domestic violence -- TMZ has learned the former NFL star was secretly found guilty of battering a woman in 2000 ... 12 years before he allegedly struck again.

According to court records obtained by TMZ, Johnson was arrested for misdemeanor domestic battery in L.A. on February 7, 2000 ... just before he began playing football for Oregon State University.

Sources close to the case tell us the victim was his GF at the time ... and she told police the football star had slapped her in the face after he accused her of cheating on him.

According to court records, Johnson -- 22 years old at the time -- pled no contest ... and the court found him guilty of domestic battery.

Johnson was sentenced to 3 years probation and ordered to serve 45 days in L.A. County Jail. But Johnson struck a deal with the court which allowed him to avoid jail ... as long as he completed 30 days of graffiti removal work with CalTrans. Johnson was also required to complete a 12 month batterer's counseling program and ordered to stay 100 yards away from the victim.

But Johnson didn't complete his probation requirements in a timely manner ... according to court records, he blew off the hard labor AND the dom. violence program for years...

Yankee_In_TX
08-14-2012, 09:53 AM
So... When did he become Chad Johnson again?

ArlingtonTexan
08-14-2012, 09:55 AM
yall think the texans should sign him ?????

i know its only been one pre season game and we dont know what we have but

who would yall rather have out the Posey Inguleas Jean or CHad ?????

and dont say martin i know hes been doing good but he was never intended to be a outh side WR like andre is lined up most of the time i dont think hes rdy for that

Chad Johnson is no longer a good football player.

The Pencil Neck
08-14-2012, 09:59 AM

He changed his name back this offseason.

steelbtexan
08-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Good point, I hadn't internalized it yet, but this is what is going on with me also. I think that is one reason I have become such a true fan of the Texans, not just because they are my home team, but because of what they represent. People here have scoffed at McNair and that he would only sign high character players. In today's world, it is wonderful to be able to root for a quality team - quality in more than one way.

I totally agree about the NBA.

{Quote=} One playoff season doesn't = winning football. Lets see McNairs team consistently win for 5-10 yrs before trumpeting what a great owner/person .... he is. To mee it's all about winning. I mean isn't that why people go to watch the games?

You saved me some typing. AJ has the hearts of many Houston fans, he is loved here in a way that an Ocho Cinco or a TO will never be able to emulate.

Totally agree with you on this.

Double Barrel
08-14-2012, 10:34 AM

Good perspective. But for me, it's not about being up in A.J.'s personal business. I don't want that and I don't need that.

It's about the 10 minutes of NFL Live yesterday that they spent talking about Chad Johnson. It's about the 15 minute segment on NFLN's All Access a couple of weeks ago they spent blabbing about this wastoid, devoting no time to actual Xs & Os and blathering about his antics, marriage, reality show, and TD dances. Warren Sapp lovingly said that Chad was 34 and ready to have the biggest year of his career in 2012.

It's these fluff sensationalized 'entertainment' pieces about Chad Johnson that irritates the crap out of me. It's undeserved, boring, non-football related TMZ-like tabloid press.

My son really got into American Ninja Warrior show this year. By the finals, they had one contestant that never finished even a preliminary course, but was chosen for the 100 person finals because of his....costumes. I kid you not, this guy was picked as a wildcard for his "flair", his goofy super-hero wannabe costumes. My son and I nicknamed him....Ocho Cinco. ;)

NCTexan
08-14-2012, 10:59 AM
My son really got into American Ninja Warrior show this year. By the finals, they had one contestant that never finished even a preliminary course, but was chosen for the 100 person finals because of his....costumes. I kid you not, this guy was picked as a wildcard for his "flair", his goofy super-hero wannabe costumes. My son and I nicknamed him....Ocho Cinco. ;)

Not to derail this thread, but I love that show.

GlassHalfFull
08-14-2012, 11:00 AM
Not OchoStinko's first arrest for hitting women...

According to court records obtained by TMZ, Johnson was arrested for misdemeanor domestic battery in L.A. on February 7, 2000 ... just before he began playing football for Oregon State University.

Sources close to the case tell us the victim was his GF at the time ... and she told police the football star had slapped her in the face after he accused her of cheating on him.

According to court records, Johnson -- 22 years old at the time -- pled no contest ... and the court found him guilty of domestic battery.

He was 22 just before he started playing for Oregon State?

edit: just did the math. From wiki

Johnson was born in Miami.1978 After graduating from Miami Beach Senior High School in 1997, Johnson attended Langston University but did not play football. In 1997 he transferred to Santa Monica College, a community college in Santa Monica, California, where he was a teammate of future Carolina Panthers star wide receiver Steve Smith. In 2000, he transferred to Oregon State University after being aggressively recruited by coach Dennis Erickson.

ChampionTexan
08-14-2012, 11:05 AM
He was 22 just before he started playing for Oregon State?

He played at a Community College prior to going to Oregon State (and only played on season there before entering the NFL draft). I'm also pretty sure he didn't play football at all his first year out of HS.

Double Barrel
08-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Not to derail this thread, but I love that show.

We did, too! We were really hoping to see an American finally finish the course this year. But stage 3 was brutal!

[/derail]

Playoffs
08-14-2012, 10:52 PM
If you had 41 days in the “How long will Chad Johnson’s marriage last?” pool, congratulations.

According to the Associated Press, Evelyn Lozada filed for divorce on Tuesday from free-agent receiver Chad Johnson. They were married on July 4.

Lozada also issued a statement saying that Johnson “needs help.” She also said that Johnson lied to police when he claimed that Lozada head-butted him, not vice-versa...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/2/

Texn4life
08-15-2012, 12:00 AM
I honestly didn't mind the clowing around on the field. Thats what guys do, but the unnecessary F-bombs he dropped bothered me. Right after I find out he was arrested I told a friend I wouldn't be surprised if he was released. To me he was being a little "extra", in trying to prove that he was back to the old Chad.

I just couldn't get with that press conference though. It was like he was trying too hard. Chad in Cincy was a silly fun loving guy. People didn't like some of his antics and I understood that, but I never remember him cursing like that there. It just gave me a bad vibe for a guy who was trying to revive his career.

CloakNNNdagger
08-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Hard Knocks was brutal.

'Hard Knocks' provides inside look at Chad Johnson's release (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/08/compelling-hard-knocks-offers-personal-account-of-chad-johnsons-release/1)

chicagotexan2
08-15-2012, 08:23 AM
I watched this. I don't feel bad for him losing his job. And I don't really think it's because he smacked his wife around. He is not a good WR anymore. It's as simple as that. He is still and ahole and a clown, but before he was a good WR. He's not anymore so there is no reason to put up with his antics and behavior. What really gets me is the morons on tv who say 'He's been brilliant at marketing himself.' Really? Had he just acted like an adult instead of a bufoon he'd probably be revered and gotten endorment deals. He is a childish clown. Correction - he is an unemployed childish clown.

Playoffs
08-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Hard Knocks cued up to the Chad OchoStinko swan song...

http://youtu.be/dqK18eXhf4M?t=46m55s

DexmanC
08-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Let this be a lesson to all men...

NEVER marry a violent hoodrat.

She cost this man his job, endorsements, and TV Show in less than 40 days
of marriage. Can you sat "GOT... DAYUM!!??"'

If you don't know who this fool married, check out the show "Love and Hip Hop."

Nawzer
08-15-2012, 03:36 PM
I thought Philbin handled it pretty well. Chad Johnson has no one to blame but himself.

drs23
08-15-2012, 06:38 PM
I thought Philbin handled it pretty well. Chad Johnson has no one to blame but himself.

Loser.

Edit: Broke loser.

Texn4life
08-15-2012, 07:17 PM
Loser.

Haven't heard anywhere where he's broke. I'm sure he's not too thrilled with blowing so much money on his soon to be ex wife though.

thunderkyss
08-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Hard Knocks was brutal.

'Hard Knocks' provides inside look at Chad Johnson's release (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2012/08/compelling-hard-knocks-offers-personal-account-of-chad-johnsons-release/1)

I really would have liked it if our team would have tried to bring Ocho here, but after watching that show, the way he treated his teammates.... that competition he had going on with Springs, that wasn't healthy. The relationship should be mutually beneficial, each one trying to one up the other, to build each other up.

But to me, it looked like they were trying to tear each other down.

We don't need that here.

Texecutioner
08-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Loser.

I haven't heard anything about him being broke. As far as I know he still has a lot of change. Are you confusing him with TO?

Texn4life
08-15-2012, 07:59 PM
I really would have liked it if our team would have tried to bring Ocho here, but after watching that show, the way he treated his teammates.... that competition he had going on with Springs, that wasn't healthy. The relationship should be mutually beneficial, each one trying to one up the other, to build each other up.

But to me, it looked like they were trying to tear each other down.

We don't need that here.

I disagree here. Neither one was saying anything derogatory to the other. Trash talking from the offense and defense goes on in every locker room and practice field. As long as its in a competitive nature then its nothing wrong with it. I bet you Smith is great friends with Chad and respects him for going hard at him. It happens at every level whether you're in high school, college, or in the pros. To think otherwise is silly to me. I guarantee you there's plenty yapping going on back and forth on the Texans practice field. These guys are competitors. It's what they do.

HoustonFrog
08-16-2012, 08:30 AM

Watched it and it was uncomfortable by the end. Philbin was like the breaker-upper and Ocho the jilted lover who just sat there. Philbin just kept talking about respect and moving forward. (You're a good guy, there are 31 other fish in the sea..you can do better) I just wanted them to shake and move on.

Texan_Bill
08-16-2012, 08:41 AM

July 23, 2012.

The1ApplePie
08-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Watched it and it was uncomfortable by the end. Philbin was like the breaker-upper and Ocho the jilted lover who just sat there. Philbin just kept talking about respect and moving forward. (You're a good guy, there are 31 other fish in the sea..you can do better) I just wanted them to shake and move on.

Philbin: "I'm not doing this to flex my muscles as the new head coach." (or something close to that)

Yeah, right Philby.:smiliedance:

2012Champs
08-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Haven't heard anywhere where he's broke. I'm sure he's not too thrilled with blowing so much money on his soon to be ex wife though.

It would be pretty silly if he had to pay her much for being married to her for a month. Maybe she gets something out of the assualt etc but for being married it shouldnt be a Paul McCartney ringer

StarStruck
08-16-2012, 11:12 AM

I heard that he purchases his earrings from Claire's and drives a Prius.

GlassHalfFull
08-16-2012, 11:19 AM
It would be pretty silly if he had to pay her much for being married to her for a month. Maybe she gets something out of the assualt etc but for being married it shouldnt be a Paul McCartney ringer

If he didn't have a rock solid pre nup, he is crazier than he acts.

Texn4life
08-16-2012, 02:26 PM

I don't mean the money that she'll get out of the marriage. I'm mainly talking about the money wasted on her. He bought her a 10 carat engagement ring, bought her a 100k car for her birthday, spent a lot of money on a remote location wedding, and probably showered her with all kinds of gifts. If he doesn't play this year, you could almost indirectly account for another 1 million lost because of his marriage. (I say almost because if he kept dropping passes then he would've been cut anyway).

chicagotexan2
08-16-2012, 03:18 PM
If he didn't have a rock solid pre nup, he is crazier than he acts.

you mean he's dumber-er than he acts, but I don't think he's acting.

Playoffs
08-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Now they're saying OchoStinko was cheating with some gal in Boston who came forward and that the marriage was abusive from the get-go & he had threatened "to kill" his new bride before yada, yada, yada.

Double Barrel
08-16-2012, 03:41 PM
The arena league is always looking for experienced WRs. :ok:

GlassHalfFull
08-16-2012, 03:47 PM
you mean he's dumber-er than he acts, but I don't think he's acting.

I debated between crazy and stupid. I was trying to be kind. Probably should have gone with my first instinct.

Texecutioner
08-16-2012, 04:39 PM
I don't mean that the money that she'll get out of the marriage. I'm mainly talking about the money wasted on her. He bought her a 10 carat engagement ring, bought her a 100k car for her birthday, spent a lot of money on a remote location wedding, and probably showered her with all kinds of gifts. If he doesn't play this year, you could almost indirectly account for another 1 million lost because of his marriage. (I say almost because if he kept dropping passes then he would've been cut anyway).

I never thought about all of that considering how long or short he was married. Of course I don't follow his crazy attention whore wife on her tv shows or his. That's a ton of money to waste on some random marriage that was going to end that fast. With all that has been reported, you had to know that the marriage wasn't going to last that long. He is nuts.

The Pencil Neck
08-16-2012, 04:45 PM
I debated between crazy and stupid. I was trying to be kind. Probably should have gone with my first instinct.

Crazystupid?

Texn4life
08-16-2012, 05:11 PM
I never thought about all of that considering how long or short he was married. Of course I don't follow his crazy attention whore wife on her tv shows or his. That's a ton of money to waste on some random marriage that was going to end that fast. With all that has been reported, you had to know that the marriage wasn't going to last that long. He is nuts.

Yeah, he's a fool for marrying this girl. But don't think for one second he didn't have dollar signs in his eyes when he looked at her too. He knew that marrying her could give him some Lamar Odom type of extra income coming his way. Reality shows pay pretty well and Chad knew that. All of that is for naught now though. Good thing for Chad that he doesn't drink and buy bottles in the club or that he's not known for making it rain in the strip joints.

Double Barrel
08-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Dude needs to spend more time buried in his playbooks instead of blowing up Twitter. He's the ultimate attention whore, disrespecting the sport that made him a celebrity by blowing off his obligations in order to seek more fame.

He might as well join Jersey Shore. I'm tired of his act dominating the media cycle. He's not worth it, and his talent does not live up to his hype and apparent dependency on public attention.

Playoffs
08-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Pretty darn good piece on why he is who he is from a Cinncinnati columnest:

Doc: Chad Johnson sunk by need for attention (http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120815/COL03/120815030)

All he wanted was to be loved...

The Dolphins don’t love him. They released him. The NFL doesn’t love him: Too much baggage, without the promise of production. The reality is, VH1 doesn’t love him: So long, TV show. Perhaps his soon-to-be ex-wife still loves him. But not enough to extend their marriage past 41 days. Evelyn Lozada filed charges against Chad, then divorce papers.
Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis worry about Eighty-Five’s post-football life. He is impulsive, impetuous, short-sighted and immature. As Carson Palmer once said of his former mate, “Chad is a child.’’

I don’t know what he’s feeling now. A little like the 5-year-old in the Liberty City neighborhood of Miami, maybe, where his mother left him with her mother, and moved with Chad’s half-brother to a new life in Los Angeles ... Chad didn’t know his father at the time. The image of a 5-year-old on the corner, as his mother drives away, is a permanent scar.

The needy side of Chad was the face he showed the world. It was the Chad you saw for 10 seasons. Gold teeth, endzone dances, can’t-stop-me lists, dinners with fans, reality TV. The whole Chad catalog was a cry for attention. Notice Me isn’t much different from Love Me. He let it get away from him, though. What started as needy fun became full-blown obsession. Chad re-invented himself every time he felt the attention slipping.

Ultimately, it sunk him...

excepts, read complete article: http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120815/COL03/120815030