PDA

View Full Version : What do you want/hope to see Saturday night ?

EllisUnit
08-09-2012, 10:02 PM
* Me for one i want to see a crisp clean 1st team offense move the ball down the field with ease. Show some continuity from last season before Schaub went down.

* See a healthy Schaub and AJ that look good.

* See a dominate first team defense.

BUT what i want to see MOST is L. Jean. I think he is #2 by seasons end.

srrono
08-09-2012, 10:04 PM
No Injuries

Nawzer
08-09-2012, 10:11 PM
No injuries first of all. I want players on both teams to come out healthy. I'm actually really interested in seeing Cam Newton again. I think he's a dark horse MVP candidate this year and he certainly troubled our defense last year. It'll be interesting to see how the new o-line does and also Whitney Mercilus.

badboy
08-09-2012, 10:16 PM
successful back ups

eriadoc
08-09-2012, 10:17 PM
I hope my concerns for the WR position are somewhat alleviated. I hope my concerns for the OL are alleviated. I am looking forward to seeing Tate and Forsett. I am looking forward to watching the kick return team.

NastyNate
08-09-2012, 10:39 PM
A winning powerball ticket in my hand. Oh and a Keyshawn Martin clinic would be lovely too.

Fili
08-09-2012, 11:13 PM
Keshawn proving he's as good as he seems.

Rey
08-09-2012, 11:24 PM
I want to see :

Forsett and Grimes run the ball.
Martin, trindon returning kicks, Jean, posey, brandon Brooks, ben jones, merci, mister Alexander and louiseau, derrell smith, Garett Grahm, Eddie pleasant, roc Carmichael, Brandon Harris, fangupo, sunny Harris, crick, bullock, Troy Nolan, case Keenum, Yates and Andrew gardener.

TexanSam
08-09-2012, 11:46 PM
Both kickers making a field goal longer than 40 yards.

GP
08-10-2012, 12:00 AM
1. No injuries, that's a given for all of us.

2. Can this Houston team limit Cam Newton enough to at least not get embarrassed on his opening drive? I mean, seriously, we held Mike Vick in check not too long ago and almost won that game... but guys like VY and Garrard, the guys who run the ball once coverage downfield has drifted far from the LOS, they eat us up. Cam did too. Can we learn, can we hold him back???

3. Keyshawn Martin. Period.

4. LBs. Will Bradie James call the game the way Wade says he can? Will we miss DeMeco not being there? How will Reed and Braman look, because they might have sophomore slumps IMO. Not worried about the other LBs, tbh.

5. Kicking competition. Look, just like there was a couple years ago here, between Rackers and Brown...Kubiak will have us kicking FGs a lot (rather than trying risky plays on long 3rd downs when the ball is already in FG position). He has got to see Graham and Bullock kick a few times each game to get a grasp on their handling of game time kicks from different distances.

6. O-Line. Not worried about Center or left side. How will the right side hold up, and how well can Brooks and Newton perform when we know they're going to be battling the Panthers' own 2nd or 3rd stringers??? Not going to see Brooks and Newton against a team's 1st string defensive line group, folks...so how will those two guys' performance shake out when we know it's against 2nd or 3rd stringers in the first place? Plus, IF they bomb badly against 2nd or 3rd stringers out there...does that cause our sacks to shrivel up a bit? Maybe it does. That's a crucial situation for us, folks. CRUCIAL.

7. QBs. Will Matt even play at least one series? How will TJ do? How will Beck and Keenum perform?

8. RBs. Forsett is getting lots of publicity thus far. Want to see him in a game situation. Grimes too.

9. FB and TEs. Norris-Smith-Casey...hmmmmm.....a mystery to me. Graham, can he deliver like Dreessen did? I dunno. Will have to hope he can.

10. Kubiak. Can he bear to watch his kickers' kicks or will he turn away and watch the replays later on? LOL. Old habits die hard.

ChampionTexan
08-10-2012, 12:42 AM
I want to see one drive where Schaub looks effective, and doesn't look like he's bothered by the foot.

Then I don't want to see him any more.

Texn4life
08-10-2012, 02:02 AM
I'm curious to see how the defensive back battle is going to shake out. I'm guessing we have 5 locks at CB with Joseph, KJ, McCain, Harris, and Roc. McManis, Ball, and Williams are going to fight it out and I want to see who will step up.

At Safety I think we're set but you never know. I think we'll roll with Manning, Glover, Demps, and Nolan. Seems like a no brainer, but Keo was good on special teams when he got his chances. Pleasant seems like an interesting prospect even though he'll have to work on his coverage skils. They'll have to be great to make the 53 man over Demps, who had a very nice year for us last year when he came back.

Thorn
08-10-2012, 07:07 AM
There are SO many things I want to see Saturday, including a lot of the backups and rooks. The thing that worries me most, is how well the offense is going to play. For some reason, I have no doubt at all the defense will do well, so it's the offense that worries me.

Having said that, now the defense will look horrid and the offense will be going up and down the field all night. LOL

chicagotexan2
08-10-2012, 07:55 AM
All the WR's not named Andre Johnson
The OL
No Injuries

In no particular order.

gwallaia
08-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Case Keenum

El Tejano
08-10-2012, 09:15 AM
I want to see no injuries. I'd like to see a first unit that hasn't missed a beat offensively and defensively. I'd like to see the right side of our Oline pave a good drive for Arian Foster and I'd like to see anyone playing the OLB and MLB (Brooks Reid, Braman, the new guy from the Cowboys) positions vacated by Mario and Demeco take ownership of the position.

Hervoyel
08-10-2012, 09:20 AM
I've got to be honest and admit that what I'd really like to see is some LB of ours smack the snot out of Cam Newton. No injuries. Absolutely do nothing but make the Panthers go "Oooooo, scary! Get him out of there" and then on with the 2nd & 3rd string show.

But of course no injuries is first.

Then all the usual stuff. The first team running smoothly, Keshawn living up to his billing, Forsett having great outing when he comes in. All the usual things.

b0ng
08-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Since I doubt we see a lot of Panthers blitzes, pass protection will probably not be tested. Conversely, any sacks given up have to be really big red flags. We probably will see weird playcalling where they are trying work on specific elements of the offense rather than attacking the Panthers defens. This will make it interesting trying to figure out what they are working on, and if they are satisfied with the results. I doubt the SOB (son of bum) is going to bust out his blitz packages so any pressure we get on Cam, Pickles, and their other QB will be based on effort and technique, not scheme though. No Crick is a little deflating as he was a rookies I was generally interested in seeing, but I do think we will see a decent amount of Mercilus.

dc_txtech
08-10-2012, 11:23 AM
I'll be looking to see what kind of jump Yates made in the offseason. Like everyone else I am super excited to see Martin play, I got a good feeling about that kid.

On defense I'm going to key in on Mercilus and I'm also curios to see how Bradie James looks out there.

Ryan
08-10-2012, 12:00 PM
L. Jean. I think he is #2 by seasons end.

http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/meh.ro5776.jpg

IDEXAN
08-10-2012, 05:11 PM
What I don't want to see is Andre Johnson on the field. After that, like most
everyone I want to see who might help AJ at WR and even more the new starters and reserves on the right side of the line.
And yea, no injuries !

JCTexan
08-10-2012, 05:45 PM
Pretty much what everyone else wants. No injuries, the WR competition (Jean/Posey/Martin), Whitney Mercilus, Brandon Harris, how the right-side of the O-Line looks, etc..

Heath Shuler
08-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Whatever it takes to get a W because Iím pounding the hell out of the Texans at +3.

:runaway:
See how Brandon Brooks plays.
Who is going to be the Nickel CB? If somebody overtakes Jackson.
Bradie James.

False Start
08-10-2012, 06:28 PM
-I want to see AJ, and Schaub play well, and look like their ijuries arent going to affect them.
-I'm looking forward to seeing if TJ has progressed.
-I want to see what that right side of the O-Line looks like
-Whitney Mercilus
-Keyshawn Martin
-Posey
-I want to see Brandon Harris and Roc Carmichael, to see if they were worth drafting.
And last but not least, no injuries.

Thorn
08-10-2012, 06:35 PM
re: What do you want/hope to see saturday night ?

football!!!!111!!!!

ATXtexanfan
08-10-2012, 07:45 PM
An ass whippin. Total dominance.

texanhead08
08-10-2012, 10:53 PM
No injuries

Ktexan68
08-10-2012, 11:01 PM
No injuries

This.

Norg
08-11-2012, 12:28 AM
a 60 burger

60 to Zero

ObsiWan
08-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Mercilus and Crick unleashed by Son of Bum
The ILB play since both Cush & Sharper will be out
The play of our young DBs
Our second team offense. Specifically Yates' connection with his WR crew and our O-line.

I don't especially expect a win because the coaches won't play the Ones more than a series or two.

ObsiWan
08-11-2012, 11:27 AM
a 60 burger

60 to Zero

you neglected to say who you expected/wanted to win...
:runaway:

since02
08-11-2012, 11:59 AM
1. The WR's... Interested to see how that shakes out
2. LB Shawn loiseau, LB Brian Brahman
3. case keenum
4. and special teams, especially K bullock

Malloy
08-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Vanilla vanilla vanilla!

Bleed_Blu_Red
08-11-2012, 01:37 PM
For the team to come out healthy and for the merca and crick to show they are the impact rookies we drafted them to be and if brooks can show if he is worthy of taking the rg spot by wk.1 let alone keep his weight in control

Playoffs
08-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Whatever it takes to get a W because Iím pounding the hell out of the Texans at +3...
Betting on preseason ..... seek help.

JCTexan
08-11-2012, 01:48 PM

Especially since teams don't try their best to win games in preseason. The games are more about an evaluation process.

EllisUnit
08-11-2012, 03:52 PM

i had a guy at work try to bet me on this game WTF, pre season haha i dont trust my money in the hands of 3rd stringers

The Pencil Neck
08-11-2012, 04:01 PM
If you're betting on pre-season, then you should probably start going to some gamblers anon meetings or something. Cause that's like betting on the weather.

Thorn
08-11-2012, 04:24 PM
If you're betting on pre-season, then you should probably start going to some gamblers anon meetings or something. Cause that's like betting on the weather.

I'll bet ya it's hot outside. :D

Heath Shuler
08-11-2012, 10:15 PM

help??? what do you mean help? help carry my sacks of hundreds?

yeah, my original post was a joke.

Allstar
08-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Never got around to posting it, but I wanted to see QB pressure. I was satisfied :)