PDA

View Full Version : AFC South Blog: Texans Depth Chart 8/6/12

GP
08-06-2012, 09:11 PM
The Texans' first unofficial depth chart, released in advance of their preseason opener at Carolina on Saturday, contains no huge surprises.

Teams generally defer, at this stage, to the veteran over the rookie -- if not in the rotation or play time, at least on paper.

Here are a few items of note:

-- Fourth-rounder Keshawn Martin is listed as a second-team receiver behind Andre Johnson, ahead of Lestar Jean.

-- Veteran Bryant Johnson is listed as a No. 2 receiver behind Kevin Walter, and ahead of third-round pick DeVier Posey.

He lists a few more, but ya gotta' click the link to see the whole list. ;)

Depth Chart: Texans (not a full depth chart, though) (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/39263/first-look-texans-depth-chart-tidbits)

SteveSlaton20
08-06-2012, 09:25 PM
If Bryan Braman plays as well as he did in preseason, our OLB's are going to be ridiculous. And not to mention our DE's are just as good, Antonio Smith, JJ Watt, Jared Crick, and Tim Jamison, who's a solid backup DE whenever he's in.

Can't wait for Game 1 against the Miami Dolphins.

Lucky
08-06-2012, 11:39 PM
The Texans' first unofficial depth chart, released in advance of their preseason opener at Carolina on Saturday, contains no huge surprises.
I guess it would be too much to ask for the Texans to actually post the updated, unoffical, depth chart to their web site. The currently posted depth chart (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depth-chart.html) has Jacoby Jones, Joel Dreessen, Neil Rackers, and Jason Allen (among others) still on the team.

IDEXAN
08-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Allen Ball is listed as the backup to left cornerback Kareem Jackson, who platooned with the departed Jason Allen last season.
I find that surprising and a bit disappointing given all of the draft choices we've invested in CBs in recent years, especially since this Ball guy seems to be basically a safety.

b0ng
08-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Allen Ball is listed as the backup to left cornerback Kareem Jackson, who platooned with the departed Jason Allen last season.
I find that surprising and a bit disappointing given all of the draft choices we've invested in CBs in recent years, especially since this Ball guy seems to be basically a safety.

They have Bryant Johnson listed ahead of Jean, Posey and Martin. I'm sure this depth chart is fungible and players will move up and down.

KMG 365
08-08-2012, 12:18 PM
The depth chart is now up on the Texans website.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depth-chart.html

GP
08-08-2012, 03:38 PM
The depth chart is now up on the Texans website.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depth-chart.html

Good find. Thank you for posting!

GP
08-08-2012, 03:43 PM
From the link provided by KMG 365:

WR1 Andre Johnson--Keshawn Martin--Lestar Jean--Juaquin Iglesias--Jerrell Jackson

LT Duane Brown--Andrew Gardner--Nathan Menkin

LG Wade Smith--Kasey Studdard--Cody White

C Chris Myers--Ben Jones--Cody Wallace--Thomas Austin

RG Antoine Caldwell--Brandon Brooks--Shelley Smith

RT--Rashad Butler--Derek Newton--Nick Mondek

TE--Owen Daniels--Garrett Graham--Logan Brock--Phillip Supernaw

WR2 Kevin Walter--Bryant Johnson--DeVier Posey--Jeff Maehl--Trindon Holliday--Mario Louis

QB Matt Schaub--T.J. Yates--John Beck--Case Keenum

RB Arian Foster--Ben Tate--Justin Forsett--Jonathan Grimes--Davin Meggett

FB James Casey--Derrell Smith--Moran Norris

Discuss?

GP
08-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Texans depth chart for defense (http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depth-chart.html), as of 8/8/12:

DE J.J. Watt--Tim Jamison--Mitch King--David Hunter

DT Shaun Cody--Earl Mitchell--Ra'Shon Harris--Hebron Fangupo

DE Antonio Smith--Jared Crick--Keith Browner

SLB Brooks Reed--Bryan Braman--Jesse Nading--D.J. Bryant

ILB Brian Cushing--Mister Alexander--Keyaron Fox--Greg Williams

ILB Bradie James--Tim Dobbins--Shawn Loiseau--Darryl Sharpton

WLB Connor Barwin--Whitney Mercilus--Rennie Moore--Delano Johnson

LCB Kareem Jackson--Alan Ball--Sherrick McManis--Brandon Harris

RCB Johnathan Joseph--Brice McCain--Roc Carmichael--Torri Williams

SS Danieal Manning--Quintin Demps--Eddie Pleasant

FS Glover Quin--Troy Nolan--Shiloh Keo

Wow. Brandon Harris is not even 3rd string at LCB! He's FOURTH string. WTH?

Fangupo is fourth string at DT, but I think he ends up making the roster.

I think at all the LB positions, the 1st and 2nd stringers listed as they are right now...they make the 53 man roster. I think the 3rd string LBs who make the roster could potentially be Jesse Nading and Shawn Loiseau (He can play special teams, too, which enhances his roster chances).

Nothing shocking at CB except that Brandon Harris is so far down the totem pole at LCB (he's sitting at 4th string right now). Roc Carmichael had a great preseason last year and then got hurt and I.R.'d the remainder of 2011...a bit surprised to see him sitting at 3rd string for RCB right now.

No arguments with the two safety positions and how they've got them stacked right now.

Discuss?

MojoMan
08-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Daryl Sharpton listed as 4th team ILB and Brandon Harris list as 4th team CB.

Maybe Sharpton goes to IR, but Harris is likely going to get cut if he cannot move higher than that.

GP
08-08-2012, 05:36 PM
Daryl Sharpton listed as 4th team ILB and Brandon Harris list as 4th team CB.

Maybe Sharpton goes to IR, but Harris is likely going to get cut if he cannot move higher than that.

How Brandon Harris can't beat out Alan Ball is beyond me. BEYOND me.

I could see Harris being in deadlock with McManis for perhaps the 2nd string position...but to be FOURTH? Two spots behind Ball? Yikes.

Ugggh....

The Pencil Neck
08-08-2012, 06:28 PM
From the link provided by KMG 365:

WR1 Andre Johnson--Keshawn Martin--Lestar Jean--Juaquin Iglesias--Jerrell Jackson

LT Duane Brown--Andrew Gardner--Nathan Menkin

LG Wade Smith--Kasey Studdard--Cody White

C Chris Myers--Ben Jones--Cody Wallace--Thomas Austin

RG Antoine Caldwell--Brandon Brooks--Shelley Smith

RT--Rashad Butler--Derek Newton--Nick Mondek

TE--Owen Daniels--Garrett Graham--Logan Brock--Phillip Supernaw

WR2 Kevin Walter--Bryant Johnson--DeVier Posey--Jeff Maehl--Trindon Holliday--Mario Louis

RB Arian Foster--Ben Tate--Justin Forsett--Jonathan Grimes--Davin Meggett

Discuss?

Just going down the list:

1) Keshawn really is making a spash! I expected him to be listed behind KW and Lestar behind AJ.

2) Surprised at Andrew Gardner behind DB.

3) I'm surprised that Bryant Johnson is ahead of Posey.

4) I want to see how Beck looks. I might have been wrong about Case being the #3.

5) I expected Moran Norris in front of Derrel Smith. Honestly, I expected to see Casey as the #2 TE with Moran Norris as the #1 FB.

Lucky
08-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Nothing shocking at CB except that Brandon Harris is so far down the totem pole at LCB (he's sitting at 4th string right now).
That's funny because McClain was droning on this morning on 610 about Harris' improvement since being moved to outside, rather than the nickel. I don't know what to believe. I think getting to watch the preseason and seeing how, when, and where these guys play will give me a better understanding of what's happening at CB.

Thorn
08-08-2012, 07:21 PM

How did Norris end up 3rd string? I thought we brought him in specifically for that duty. Derrell Smith must be doing a heck of a job. Not that I mind, I'm all for the best man for the job and all that, I'm just dissappointed in Norris I guess.

Rey
08-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Wow, if that's true Brandon Harris must suck ass chips.

That's strange because like lucky, I've heard positive things about Harris.

Rey
08-08-2012, 07:24 PM
How did Norris end up 3rd string? I thought we brought him in specifically for that duty. Derrell Smith must be doing a heck of a job. Not that I mind, I'm all for the best man for the job and all that, I'm just dissappointed in Norris I guess.

Norris hasn't been here THAT long.

I posted in another thread that smith has a good chance of making the roster, but dont count Norris out.

I imagine smith will get first dibs at the spot and will have to be outplayed. From what I've heard he's looked good at the spot being a good mixture of physicality and athleticism. Good hands supposedly too.

Count me in those that can't f'n wait for Saturday.

Thorn
08-08-2012, 07:25 PM

Dammit, I want Case to make the team. After pre-season, whoever is in this 4th QB position is a gonner.

msbbc833
08-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Is anyone else worried about LB depth? Our second unit is a considerable drop-off

NastyNate
08-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Is anyone else worried about LB depth? Our second unit is a considerable drop-off

Nope. Second unit is still very capable. Hell Dobbins had the huge stand up tackle last year at the 1 inch line in the Ravens playoff game. Fox might be a bit of a concern but he won't see the field much.

powda
08-08-2012, 08:03 PM
The depth chart looks skewed to me in certain places. Primarily at:

Nickel back

And

Slot receiver

Kmart isnt learning AJs spot and as lucky said I heard mcclain this morning on the radio to talking up Bharris. I think kmart has the primary role in the slot and mcmannis/mccain/ball are primary in the nickle. Could be completly wrong here but I dont think that depth chart format reflects those 2 positions and how players are slotted there.

drs23
08-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Nope. Second unit is still very capable. Hell Dobbins had the huge stand up tackle last year at the 1 inch line in the Ravens playoff game. Fox might be a bit of a concern but he won't see the field much.

Yes he did! I still go back and watch that every once in a while.

NastyNate
08-08-2012, 08:30 PM

Nickel back

And

Slot receiver

Kmart isnt learning AJs spot and as lucky said I heard mcclain this morning on the radio to talking up Bharris. I think kmart has the primary role in the slot and mcmannis/mccain/ball are primary in the nickle. Could be completly wrong here but I dont think that depth chart format reflects those 2 positions and how players are slotted there.

From the practice quotes today the question was posed as wether Martin was playing inside or outside.

"(on if WR Keshawn Martin is playing out and in) Im keeping him out right now. Hell be able to do both.

powda
08-08-2012, 08:58 PM
From the practice quotes today the question was posed as wether Martin was playing inside or outside.

"(on if WR Keshawn Martin is playing out and in) “I’m keeping him out right now. He’ll be able to do both.”

Thats a good quote and probably blows my speculation out of the water but I think i'll have to watch a couple of games before I believe it completely. I think kmart is gonna spend more time in the slot then anyone else this preseason.

painekiller
08-08-2012, 11:57 PM

Nickel back

And

Slot receiver

Kmart was running in AJ spot for most of last week, and with the ones. It was obvious he had moved ahead of Jean. In the long run he will be a slot guy, but right now they are teaching him the outside position.

As for Harris, he looked very good to my eye last week during the open practices. That said Ball also has looked good, he has been picking the ball off during practice this week and Kubiak has talked him up.

GP
08-09-2012, 12:03 AM
I wonder if this is also Kubiak's subtle motivation to certain players...as in "See where you are in the depth chart? You don't move up until you show something in preseason."

I cannot fathom a FB depth chart where Casey is FB1, Smith is FB2, and the veteran FB (who by all means IS a veteran and IS a true FB) is sitting as FB3 right now.

Kubiak might be toying with grooming Kmart as a stand-in for AJ if AJ gets hurt. But like others here, I have to think he wants Kmart in the slot as the best spot for Kmart. Right????

NastyNate
08-09-2012, 12:36 AM
I wonder if this is also Kubiak's subtle motivation to certain players...as in "See where you are in the depth chart? You don't move up until you show something in preseason."

I cannot fathom a FB depth chart where Casey is FB1, Smith is FB2, and the veteran FB (who by all means IS a veteran and IS a true FB) is sitting as FB3 right now.

Kubiak might be toying with grooming Kmart as a stand-in for AJ if AJ gets hurt. But like others here, I have to think he wants Kmart in the slot as the best spot for Kmart. Right????

My thoughts exactly. K-mart will get a bunch of WR1 work in the pre-season for a potential AJ injury replacement. He'll be a slot guy 60% or so you'd think.

And I agree about Moran Norris. No way in hell he gets beat out by Smith. Dude absolutely moves people, Smith might stay on p.s. though for a cheap upgrade. Norris is probably a stopgap til that happens though.

Thorn
08-09-2012, 06:54 AM

Yeah, I'm really confused with that one myself. I can see using Casey as FB some of the time simply because of the options it brings you. But Norris is a true FB, and while not the best in the league, is, at minimum, above average. An undrafted rookie converted defensive LB is beating him out at his job at FB?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. While I'm all for Smith really being that good and beating Norris out, I just will not believe it until I see it for myself.

dsorc
08-09-2012, 08:19 AM
How many snaps does the #2 FB get anyway? Vickers barely saw playing time last year before Casey got hurt and I expect a similar pattern this year. That FB battle will be decided by special teams where Smith, being a former LB, probably has an advantage.

Rey
08-09-2012, 09:47 AM

If kmart shows that he's capable outside I could easily see kw going into the slot a bunch. He has a big body and sure hands and should be able to take hits from bigger players going across the middle. I think kw would be better in the slot than outside. His heralded blocking abilities would also be better put to use in the slot.

So no, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Martin sees a bunch of time outside.

As far as the fb situation I don't see why everyone is surprised. Everytime they talk about smith they say good things about him.

When kubiak first got here I don't think they even wanted Norris back then. I think kubiak wants more athletic fb's. This is not the type of running game where you need a big bruising guy. In fact the offense probably functions better as a whole when the fb is more athletic. We brought in leach while Sherman was here and our scheme was more straight ahead.

If smith plays well in pre season I think he has a great shot at making the team.

I don't see how the depth chart would serve as motivation for either guy there. If anything Norris was brought in to motivate smith so he doesnt get complacent and he sees a competent vet breathing down his back.

Thorn
08-09-2012, 10:04 AM
How many snaps does the #2 FB get anyway? Vickers barely saw playing time last year before Casey got hurt and I expect a similar pattern this year. That FB battle will be decided by special teams where Smith, being a former LB, probably has an advantage.

good point.

Texan_Touchdown
08-09-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm anxious to see how Jared Crick and Whitney Mercilus do. They bring a lot of speed to our pass rush.

Also I want to see how John Beck and T.J. Yates do.

Dutchrudder
08-09-2012, 12:09 PM
I think this will be our 53 man roster:

WR1 - Andre Johnson - Keshawn Martin - Lestar Jean

LT - Duane Brown - Andrew Gardner -

LG - Wade Smith - Kasey Studdard -

C - Chris Myers - Ben Jones -

RG - Antoine Caldwell - Brandon Brooks -

RT - Rashad Butler - Derek Newton -

TE - Owen Daniels - Garrett Graham - Logan Brock

WR2 - Kevin Walter - DeVier Posey - Bryant Johnson

QB - Matt Schaub - T.J. Yates - John Beck

RB - Arian Foster - Ben Tate - Justin Forsett

FB - James Casey

DE - J.J. Watt - Tim Jamison

DT - Shaun Cody - Earl Mitchell

DE - Antonio Smith - Jared Crick

SLB - Brooks Reed - Bryan Braman - Jesse Nading

ILB - Brian Cushing - Mister Alexander

ILB - Bradie James - Tim Dobbins -

WLB - Connor Barwin - Whitney Mercilus

LCB - Kareem Jackson - Sherrick McManis - Brandon Harris

RCB - Johnathan Joseph - Brice McCain

SS - Danieal Manning - Quintin Demps

FS - Glover Quin - Troy Nolan

LS - Jon Weeks

K - Randy Bullock

P - Dahnte Jones

Only 3 TEs due to Casey, 6 WRs, lots of LBs, and Beck gets the nod over Keenum because Case can go on the Psquad.

Practice squad
1 QB Case Keenum
2 SS Shiloh Keo
3 WR Jeff Maehl
4 RB Jonathan Grimes
5 CB Roc Carmichael
6 OT Nick Mondek
7 OG Thomas Austin
8 DT Ra'Shon Harris

08-09-2012, 12:19 PM
No way we only have 4 CBs on the active roster... Do you see us cutting Harris?

The Pencil Neck
08-09-2012, 01:49 PM
No way we only have 4 CBs on the active roster... Do you see us cutting Harris?

He's got 5 corners on that roster and Harris is the 5th.

I think the OL is going to play out differently but I'm not sure how at this point.

I expect to have 1 other FB and I wouldn't be surprised if we go with 5 WRs instead of 6, cutting Bryant.

08-09-2012, 02:15 PM
He's got 5 corners on that roster and Harris is the 5th.

AUGH! stupid me.

Thorn
08-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Dutch, I think if Case shows much of anything at all in pre-season he won't last long on the practice squad. Someone short on talented QBs (and there are a lot) will clear up a roster space for him. If Case does show some talent, it will be Beck who get's shown the door since he isn't eligable for the practice squad.

Then again, it certainly wouldn't be the first time I've disagreed with something Kubiak has done. :lol:

GP
08-09-2012, 05:12 PM

FB - James Casey

LS - Jon Weeks

K - Randy Bullock

P - Dahnte Jones

Only 3 TEs due to Casey, 6 WRs, lots of LBs, and Beck gets the nod over Keenum because Case can go on the Psquad.

Practice squad
1 QB Case Keenum
2 SS Shiloh Keo
3 WR Jeff Maehl
4 RB Jonathan Grimes
5 CB Roc Carmichael
6 OT Nick Mondek
7 OG Thomas Austin
8 DT Ra'Shon Harris

My only quibble is at TE and FB.

I see us going with Daniels-Graham-Casey (Brock to the PS squad)

I see us going with Norris at FB (with Casey being an emergency FB since he's already on the 53-man as a TE).

Smith will easily pass waivers and hit our PS...which means he could be called up in case Casey or Norris got banged up and are iffy for a next game.

Brock can go to the PS if he's that much of a prospect, but he had an awful day today (8/9/12) and was dropping passes the most out of the receivers out there--According to the training camp report I re-posted off of Houston CBS training camp coverage (in the training camp thread today).

Rey
08-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Here's my early roster prediction:

QB: Schaub, Yates, Keenum

RB: Foster, Tate, Grimes

FB: Smith

TE: OD, Casey, Grahm

WR: AJ, Walter, Martin, Jean, posey, trindon

OT: Brown, Gardner, Butler, Newton

OG/C: Wade Smith, Caldwell, Meyers, Brooks, jones

DE: smith, watt, crick, Jamison

NT: Cody, Mitchell, Fangupo

OLB: Barwin, reed, merci, Braman, Nading

ILB: Cush, James, Alexander, louiseau

CB: Jackson, Joseph, McCain, Carmichael, Harris

FS: Quinn, Nolan

SS: manning, pleasant

LS: weeks

K: bullock

P: jones

GP
08-10-2012, 12:45 AM

FB: Smith

TE: OD, Casey, Grahm

WR: AJ, Walter, Martin, Jean, posey, trindon

OT: Brown, Gardner, Butler, Newton

OG/C: Wade Smith, Caldwell, Meyers, Brooks, jones

DE: smith, watt, crick, Jamison

NT: Cody, Mitchell, Fangupo

OLB: Barwin, reed, merci, Braman, Nading

ILB: Cush, James, Alexander, louiseau

CB: Jackson, Joseph, McCain, Carmichael, Harris

FS: Quinn, Nolan

SS: manning, pleasant

LS: weeks

K: bullock

P: jones

I think your RB trio is off. Forsett will be the 3rd RB. Grimes to the PS.

1. Forsett is not PS eligible.

2. Grimes is.

3. Teams are not going to poach Grimes, so it's a win-win to make him a PS guy and keep the more veteran Forsett (who is impressing in camp thus far).

You've got Smith beating out Norris as our FB, with what I assume is Casey in a TE role but yet Casey obviously could handle FB duties if needed during a game. I agree with that, but yet I wonder if it's a bit early to vault Smith ahead of Norris right now. Depth chart right now says so, but still...I'm unsure of that.

In an opposite move, depth chart wise, you've got Brandon Harris moving up past a few guys to where he is no longer 4th string at LCB but is actually making the 53 man roster. Where is Alan Ball on your roster? He's not there. I think they're going to push the issue and make Ball the new Jason Allen this year whether he is really competent or not...which I fear is the case and I'm not ready for that right now! I'd prefer Harris, but that depth chart has him listed as the worst CB on the field right now. I'm troubled by that, unless he's being chided a bit for motivational reasons (attitude problems? Inconsistency across the board in all aspects? I dunno. But he's dead last, man).

Everything else, I think I agree with. Even your LB choices seem right. No Sharpton and instead you've got Loiseau in there. I like it.

El Tejano
08-10-2012, 08:14 AM
Thats a good quote and probably blows my speculation out of the water but I think i'll have to watch a couple of games before I believe it completely. I think kmart is gonna spend more time in the slot then anyone else this preseason.

And I'm fine with that because I believe this offense is missing just that....an effective slot receiver who isn't named Owen Daniels.

Thorn
08-10-2012, 08:14 AM

I like your QB prediction. :)

But I think the RBs will be Foster, Yates and Forsett. While I have no "emotional" stake in the RBs and don't care, as long as the third one is good, I do have a lot of hope in Case making the team. I'm really pulling for the U of H QB to do well on the Texans.

b0ng
08-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I like your QB prediction. :)

But I think the RBs will be Foster, Yates and Forsett. While I have no "emotional" stake in the RBs and don't care, as long as the third one is good, I do have a lot of hope in Case making the team. I'm really pulling for the U of H QB to do well on the Texans.

Poor TJ.

Thorn
08-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Poor TJ.

Oops. Damn typos. :lol:

Texas T
08-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Poor TJ.

Damn, you beat me to it...

Rey
08-12-2012, 06:19 AM
I think your RB trio is off. Forsett will be the 3rd RB. Grimes to the PS.

1. Forsett is not PS eligible.

2. Grimes is.

3. Teams are not going to poach Grimes, so it's a win-win to make him a PS guy and keep the more veteran Forsett (who is impressing in camp thus far).

You've got Smith beating out Norris as our FB, with what I assume is Casey in a TE role but yet Casey obviously could handle FB duties if needed during a game. I agree with that, but yet I wonder if it's a bit early to vault Smith ahead of Norris right now. Depth chart right now says so, but still...I'm unsure of that.

In an opposite move, depth chart wise, you've got Brandon Harris moving up past a few guys to where he is no longer 4th string at LCB but is actually making the 53 man roster. Where is Alan Ball on your roster? He's not there. I think they're going to push the issue and make Ball the new Jason Allen this year whether he is really competent or not...which I fear is the case and I'm not ready for that right now! I'd prefer Harris, but that depth chart has him listed as the worst CB on the field right now. I'm troubled by that, unless he's being chided a bit for motivational reasons (attitude problems? Inconsistency across the board in all aspects? I dunno. But he's dead last, man).

Everything else, I think I agree with. Even your LB choices seem right. No Sharpton and instead you've got Loiseau in there. I like it.

I think I'll mostly stand by my roster predictions after the first game. I'd probably take louiseau off the roster and add in dobbins.

I think fangupo will impress when/if he plays so I'll leave him there. FB could go either way IMO.

And I still like grimes over Forsett and I disagree that ps eligibility has anything to do with that decision. You keep the better player. Period.

I'll stick with my cb's too. But I think the last spot comes down to mcmannis vs Carmichael IMO.

Gonna keep case on the roster because I feel more comfortable with him. Can't explain it, but I just don't trust beck.

He looks out of rhythm to me. Looks like he's playing at a different speed than everyone else on offense which is a bad thing.

I'm not sure about those reserve oline spots either past the two rooks and newton.

But yeah, my roster is going to remain fluid. I'll probably draw up another one sometime this week based on what I liked/saw in the game.

ObsiWan
08-12-2012, 06:27 AM

FB - James Casey

LS - Jon Weeks

K - Randy Bullock

P - Dahnte Jones

Practice squad
1 QB Case Keenum
2 SS Shiloh Keo
3 WR Jeff Maehl
4 RB Jonathan Grimes
5 CB Roc Carmichael
6 OT Nick Mondek
7 OG Thomas Austin
8 DT Ra'Shon Harris

So despite the nice returns, you're saying Trindon gets the axe...?

powda
08-12-2012, 10:20 PM
And I still like grimes over Forsett and I disagree that ps eligibility has anything to do with that decision. You keep the better player. Period.

Ofcourse you keep the best player if its clear cut, but the closer the talent margin the more other things come into play. Salary, health, practice squad eligibility, etc. Forsett cant be hidden...Grimes can probably be stashed away at this point. You can make some of the same arguments regarding the #3 qb position. As fans we are blinded by talent alone. For teams theres more to personnel decisions.

Simple question,

Who do you think is the more talented player, eric winston or butler?