PDA

View Full Version : When is the last time we won at Denver?

Bulls on Parade
08-06-2012, 05:28 PM
One of my friends, who is a big Broncos fan, was telling me he can't wait until the Broncos spank the Texans at home Week 3 on September the 23rd. I told him I wasn't afraid of Peyton Manning and that Houston is going to go in there and take it to the Broncos.

That being said, I honestly don't remember the last time a Houston NFL team won a game in Denver? I remember Tim Tebow whooping our butts a few seasons ago late in the season, and John Elway used to give the Oilers trouble. That playoff game back in 1991 still gives me nightmares.

Can somebody find for me the last time a Houston NFL team won a game at Denver. If nothing else, I have a gut feeling we're due to win that game on September 23. Just like we're due to win a game at Indianapolis but that's worthy of another thread that we can save for a rainy day.

In the mean time, I'll have to step away from any smack talk with Denver fans. They've got our number so until the Texans get it done at Mile High I guess there is little for me to pump my chest about.

Texan_Bill
08-06-2012, 05:37 PM
One of my friends, who is a big Broncos fan, was telling me he can't wait until the Broncos spank the Texans at home Week 3 on September the 23rd. I told him I wasn't afraid of Peyton Manning and that Houston is going to go in there and take it to the Broncos.

That being said, I honestly don't remember the last time a Houston NFL team won a game in Denver? I remember Tim Tebow whooping our butts a few seasons ago late in the season, and John Elway used to give the Oilers trouble. That playoff game back in 1991 still gives me nightmares.

Can somebody find for me the last time a Houston NFL team won a game at Denver. If nothing else, I have a gut feeling we're due to win that game on September 23. Just like we're due to win a game at Indianapolis but that's worthy of another thread that we can save for a rainy day.

In the mean time, I'll have to step away from any smack talk with Denver fans. They've got our number so until the Texans get it done at Mile High I guess there is little for me to pump my chest about.

Never. We lost 31-13 November 7, 2004 and again on December 26, 2010 24-23 .

Our only win was at home: December 13, 2007 31-13

Texan_Bill
08-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Oiler win at Denver was October 4, 1987; 40-10

gtexan02
08-06-2012, 05:47 PM
What was the game where Mario had like 3 or 4 sacks against the Broncos? Wasnt that in Denver?

Lucky
08-06-2012, 06:06 PM
What was the game where Mario had like 3 or 4 sacks against the Broncos? Wasnt that in Denver?
That was a Thursday night game at Reliant. The first game (I believe) the Texans played in all red unis. I don't know why so many hated them. Thought they looked pretty bad azz.

Lucky
08-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Last Oiler win at Denver was October 4, 1987; 40-10
Also, that was a replacement game, during the strike. The previous Oiler victory in Denver was 20-16 in 1980, when Earl ran for 157 yards and 2 TDs.

So yes, Houston is waaaaaaay overdue for a win in the Mile High city.

Texecutioner
08-06-2012, 06:18 PM
We'll beat "THe Manning" as GP put it in his video of Hitler.

I think we'll outclass the Broncos as long as our team is pretty healthy. We're better all around.

drs23
08-06-2012, 07:15 PM
We'll beat "THe Manning" as GP put it in his video of Hitler.

I think we'll outclass the Broncos as long as our team is pretty healthy. We're better all around.

IF I'm not the only one on your ignore list you'll see that I agree 100%. :D

Texecutioner
08-06-2012, 07:17 PM
IF I'm not the only one on your ignore list you'll see that I agree 100%. :D

Better WR's, better running game, and a better defense.

They've got Manning, but I just don't see Manning being nearly as dominant with that receiving core and after that injury. People tend to forget that Manning had one of his worst seasons the year before. He'll still be pretty good, but I think the Texans will just be a better all around team assuming that Schaub and Johnson are playing. IF Schaub is out, then this analysis changes a lot.

drs23
08-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Better WR's, better running game, and a better defense.

They've got Manning, but I just don't see Manning being nearly as dominant with that receiving core and after that injury. People tend to forget that Manning had one of his worst seasons the year before. He'll still be pretty good, but I think the Texans will just be a better all around team assuming that Schaub and Johnson are playing. IF Schaub is out, then this analysis changes a lot.

True. I read/heard from several different sources that even had #18 been under center that the end result would have been the same.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to win one in their house. I think THIS IS THE YEAR!

GO TEXANS! :fans:

Houston_Fanatic
08-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Well, Wade is pretty familiar with playing at Mile High since he coached there from 89-94.

On the other hand, they have Del Rio as their Defensive Coordinator who knows a thing or two about our team......

Should be a great battle.

:wild:

jaayteetx
08-06-2012, 08:03 PM
I was at the 04 game, sucked balls. Only highlight was the fan in front of me got booted out because he was giving me crap all game. I didn't even complain, it was his own fans who got him tossed!

The Pencil Neck
08-06-2012, 09:04 PM
Well, Wade is pretty familiar with playing at Mile High since he coached there from 89-94.

Kubiak knows a little something about Mile High, as well.

EDIT: Of course, this won't actually be at Mile High...